FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

Hi, can anyone tell me how true to life the classic version on the pc is please? I'm talking of player transfers, ai teams consistency andthe impact of your tactical decisions. I haven't played football manager on a pc since 2010,and while I'm a big fan of the Android version, it can be... unpredictable when it comes to the areas I've mentioned, I'm just wondering so I'll have an idea what the vita game will be like

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, can anyone tell me how true to life the classic version on the pc is please? I'm talking of player transfers, ai teams consistency andthe impact of your tactical decisions. I haven't played football manager on a pc since 2010,and while I'm a big fan of the Android version, it can be... unpredictable when it comes to the areas I've mentioned, I'm just wondering so I'll have an idea what the vita game will be like

FMC is brilliant. All the elements you mention are in FMC and mirror the level of detail of the "full" game. I ditched the "full" game months ago.

Main things that FMC excludes is the vast majority of media interaction, no team talks, limited control over training and no Analysis Tab.

AI squad building is as suspect in FMC as it is in the full game too, and as suspect as it has always been, so it's pretty easy to dominate after a few seasons at the top.

FMC is brilliant. All the elements you mention are in FMC and mirror the level of detail of the "full" game. I ditched the "full" game months ago.

Main things that FMC excludes is the vast majority of media interaction, no team talks, limited control over training and no Analysis Tab.

AI squad building is as suspect in FMC as it is in the full game too, and as suspect as it has always been, so it's pretty easy to dominate after a few seasons at the top.

that's great, thanks, I was never too bothered about media interaction etc anyway, was hoping for more control over training but it's incredibly basic on the Android version so I'm sure I'll get by! I'm looking forward to the release now, part of the reason I didn't get the pc version this season was watching my friend play his, he played full mode and it seemed far too detailed to be enjoyable, it seemed like more of a chore

that's great, thanks, I was never too bothered about media interaction etc anyway, was hoping for more control over training but it's incredibly basic on the Android version so I'm sure I'll get by! I'm looking forward to the release now, part of the reason I didn't get the pc version this season was watching my friend play his, he played full mode and it seemed far too detailed to be enjoyable, it seemed like more of a chore

The full game is a chore, classic gets rid of all the boring time consuming nonsense, much more fun for the casual player.

hey guys, I have a small and probably stupid question: since (as I understand) FMC is identical to the PS Vita version, how good is it? I've always played the normal mode, and the lack of details and the design of the classic mode scared me off. But now I am really curious... is the classic mode the same game only more simple? Is the AI the same? Are the tactics identical? How different are those two modes? Sorry for dumb questions.

Does anyone know how much memory will be needed to play? As sad as it seems (and no doubt is) it's the only game I'll be buying for the vita, so I was hoping I won't need to spend too much on a memory card

can I ask why? There are a lot of great games for Vita, and some are truly brilliant. You shouldn't limit yourself to only one game, no matter how awesome it is.

hey guys, I have a small and probably stupid question: since (as I understand) FMC is identical to the PS Vita version, how good is it? I've always played the normal mode, and the lack of details and the design of the classic mode scared me off. But now I am really curious... is the classic mode the same game only more simple? Is the AI the same? Are the tactics identical? How different are those two modes? Sorry for dumb questions.

can I ask why? There are a lot of great games for Vita, and some are truly brilliant. You shouldn't limit yourself to only one game, no matter how awesome it is.

I'm just not a gamer, I enjoy football manager simply because it's based on football, my friends have games that they enjoy, and do look good, but I know I'd be bored of them very quickly.

Surprised to see no reviews online yet for FM14 Vita :(

Same. I am searching on Google every day.

I pre-ordered mine straight away from Shopto.

In terms of my Vita which is currently not and never has been nor will be in use until FMC gets on there (ha!) I have a 4GB memory at the moment, I am not sure if that is by memory stick but I know it is in there - am I good to go? Do I need more memory????

Maybe there's an embargo on when the sites may publish their reviews? That way the various sites/magazines get time to get used to the feel and new controls rather than just saying "it sucks" after 10 minutes.

Is anybody upset about how late into the season the game will be released? I'm very upset... but then again, I'm not sure what their development schedule is like. But I feel like they don't take in consideration at the fact that people want to play the game within the current season so it feels more realistic. I know it's the first release for the Vita but for crying out loud, couldn't they take that in consideration when it came to scheduling? Honestly, I don't even know if I'll even buy it. I'm sure the next version will be released a lot earlier as they will simply make the roster updates to the same exact game. So, I may just wait for FM2015. It's a shame it took this long to release. Im playing FM 2014 for PC so I'll be ok for now. I just hope they don't waste time in releasing the FM2015 version; it should only be roster update.

Is anybody upset about how late into the season the game will be released? I'm very upset... but then again, I'm not sure what their development schedule is like. But I feel like they don't take in consideration at the fact that people want to play the game within the current season so it feels more realistic. I know it's the first release for the Vita but for crying out loud, couldn't they take that in consideration when it came to scheduling? Honestly, I don't even know if I'll even buy it. I'm sure the next version will be released a lot earlier as they will simply make the roster updates to the same exact game. So, I may just wait for FM2015. It's a shame it took this long to release. Im playing FM 2014 for PC so I'll be ok for now. I just hope they don't waste time in releasing the FM2015 version; it should only be roster update.
not really, I'm just excited it's coming out. Once you start a new game and complete the first season it's all fantasy anyway.

Is anybody upset about how late into the season the game will be released?

I'm sure the next version will be released a lot earlier . So, I may just wait for FM2015. It's a shame it took this long to release. Im playing FM 2014 for PC so I'll be ok for now. I just hope they don't waste time in releasing the FM2015 version; it should only be roster update.

100% the same for me and no I wont be buying it given I'd have to get console aswell but nothing could be better for rest of year if fmc15 was released for vita at same time as for PC (end of October 2014 ish), that would be a very exciting moment.

not really, I'm just excited it's coming out. Once you start a new game and complete the first season it's all fantasy anyway.

that's true. You can easily just skip the FMC15, you won't lose much.

recently I bought FIFA 13 for Vita, the game is dated, but it's fun nonetheless

I posted this yesterday and numerous times in this thread too and to no avail, could someone please finally answer?? Preferably someone from SI.

In terms of my Vita which is currently not and never has been nor will be in use until FMC gets on there (ha!) I have a 4GB memory at the moment, I am not sure if that is by memory stick but I know it is in there - am I good to go? Do I need more memory????

I am sure we'll get more details in the coming week, if not today. Just exercise some patience, please.

I understand that. But the game is coming out on the 11th, I have mine pre-ordered, it would be good to know whether I will be good to go to play the game when it arrives with my current 4GB.

I am sure we'll get more details in the coming week, if not today. Just exercise some patience, please.

Considering that the game was announced 8 months ago I think it's pretty safe to assume that I'm not the only person who doesn't have much patience left. In this situation, if it's available to buy next Friday they obviously know how much memory we need, I'm not asking for several dozen screen shots, or a list of every player on the database. All through this topic people's questions have been ignored, although si do monitor it, because they've posted several dismissive replies every so often. At the end of the day all we want to do is buy their game,, and ensure we can play it. I'm very grateful that the game will be playable on the vita, but I don't think a quick post telling people which memory card to go for is too much tto ask for

Think of FMC as full FM, just minus team talks, extensive media etc. Completely different game to FMH. Genuinely excited for this. Who's booked a day (or week) off work?
I finish at 11am next Friday, I'll be running (not walking) running to the nearest game shop to buy it, I doubt I'll do much else but play it over the weekend

I'm kind of thinking that forking out £180 for a Vita, and then another £25 for the game, is a bit excessive just to play FMC even more :(

If I had a Vita it'd be a no-brainer, but I don't so that additional £180 is hard to justify. At least, that's what the logical part of my brain keeps trying to convince the illogical bit :)

17th for bundle and not the 11th?

Anyway as said before and now that others have said to get console aswell as game at this time of year really wont be beneficial for me let alone at that money. However come Oct/Nov of this year given fmc15 is out for vita then its a no brainer to spend 200 odd quid.

I'm kind of thinking that forking out £180 for a Vita, and then another £25 for the game, is a bit excessive just to play FMC even more :(

If I had a Vita it'd be a no-brainer, but I don't so that additional £180 is hard to justify. At least, that's what the logical part of my brain keeps trying to convince the illogical bit :)

I got a second hand one off a friend of a friend for £50 plus 4GB memory card + Fifa 13 but I guess everyone can't be that lucky

I'd like to know the price of that bundle.

Basically this. Don't own a Vita but do enough travelling and train trips to definitely make it worthwhile for the right price. Does anyone know where will be stocking it too when it comes out (the bundle that is)? I'm presuming all the usual game stores?

If there's anything I'd like to know, it's whether we would get any updates for bugs etc...

Defo buying this, but I'm afraid that it'll be the same as with the psp version which couldn't be updated...

You're confusing FMH which was on the PSP with FMC. Since it's FMC, it'll be the same as the PC version, so 14.3. For that, we've had our updates already so you'll be getting the updated game out of the box.

You're confusing FMH which was on the PSP with FMC. Since it's FMC, it'll be the same as the PC version, so 14.3. For that, we've had our updates already so you'll be getting the updated game out of the box.

I get that, but what guarantee do we have that the switch to Vita hasn't brought any bugs of its own?

I get that, but what guarantee do we have that the switch to Vita hasn't brought any bugs of its own?

The Vita is unlike PCs. They all have the same hardware, so it's a lot easier to test that and make sure it runs properly. That's the only real difference.

The Vita is unlike PCs. They all have the same hardware, so it's a lot easier to test that and make sure it runs properly. That's the only real difference.

If we look at the history of FMH (sorry to keep referring to,this, but in my mind this is a relevant point), the game always had many bugs, despite it being developed for carriers that all run on the same hardware. Some of these bugs really took out the pleasure of the game. I'd hate to see that happen to what might become my ultimate favourite game of all eternity. If you know what I mean.

But I appreciate the response :)

Archived