Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps40cc68da.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-4_zpsa2fe7f9a.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-5_zps5ab1ff8b.png

I honestly can't believe it. I am in absolute shock that we have managed to do it.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps5ed0d055.png

Some very good news for me personally.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps92e5a04c.png

And the news which could change this club forever.

That is quite astonishing! Congrats, really one of the most spectacular feats we've seen on this forum recently!

now prepare yourself for decades of frustration until you win the Champions League :D

images_zps986f6f58.jpg

Magyar Kupa Final

Route to the Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps20a23a62.png

I am even surprising myself that we are in our third Final in a row. We comfortably navigated past Vecses. We were given a tougher time of things in the Fifth Round, especially after complacency in the first leg, but a solid display in the second leg gave us a comfortable win. the Tatabanya tie was easy before Videoton beat us 3-1 in the Semi-Final first leg. In the second leg it looked like we were heading out as we hadn't scored, but with fifteen minutes remaining we did and added a further two goals to give us a 3-0 win.

The Match

BeacutekeacutescsabavDioacutesgy1510r_PitchSplit_zpsde202787.png

Another Final and another Magyar Kupa win. We fell behind in the game, very early on after a slow start but we started to ease our way into the game. It took until just after the twentieth minute for us to level the game. The game was level at the break and I encouraged the lads to go on and win the game. It didn't take to long into the second half for us to take the lead when Bela Gyomber (YP5) scored his second of the game. Diosgyor didn't give us to many problems from there on as we held on to give us our third Magyar Kupa win in a row.

That is quite astonishing! Congrats, really one of the most spectacular feats we've seen on this forum recently!

now prepare yourself for decades of frustration until you win the Champions League :D

I am absolutely shocked, especially after just six years in charge. I just seriously cannot believe it :D.

With the European money and low wages in the team you should easily develop your team into a financial giant :D

A lot of that depends on if we get into the group stage, and whether we can retain the league title.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - May 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps4b20a41d.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsd22a80d6.png

Three fantastic results as we managed to claim the league title on the final day. Diosgyor gave us a very nervy game and we had to battle through it. We took an early lead in the game but didn't take our chances to double our lead which nearly cost us. We did concede with twenty minutes remaining but luck was on our side as we were given a penalty late on to give us a massive win. We followed it up with another hard fought win. It took us until the second half to take the lead and doubled our lead through an own-goal. We conceded in the final five minutes to give for a nervy finish but we held on for another win. Going into the final game of the season we were trailing Gyor by one point, but as they drew away to Diosgyor, we pulled off a fantastic result away to Ferencvaros. We took an early lead in the game and we were given an extra bit of help when they went down to ten men. We added a second not long after to give us a two goal advantage. Ferencvaros pulled one back in the second half but we added a third and saw the game out of claim our first ever league title.

Magyar Kupa Semi-Final 2nd Leg & Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse51934ae.png

Two cracking wins for us to claim our third Magyar Kupa in a row. We managed to overturn the deficit from the first leg against Videoton to book our place in the Final. Despite falling behind against Diosgyor we battled back to claim a 2-1 win.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-7_zpsc5125ead.png

Orrrrrr yes!!!

:cool:

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-6_zps4f71e6fd.png

This was obviously going to be the case, but it was still nice to read.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-5_zpsc1d9798a.png

Arrrgh balls.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps0f9ab2fb.png

A big help to the clubs finances.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2017/18 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st - CHAMPIONS

A fantastic season as we defied the odds and shocked the nation to claim our first ever OTP Liga crown. We started a little slow but went on to have a fantastic run of form. Our form after Christmas was fantastic as we went the remainder of the season unbeaten to claim the league title on the final day of the season.

UEFA Europa League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

We had a fantastic run last season, but this was even better. We went one better than last season by reaching the group stage and gave a good account of ourselves. Our points all came against Fenerbache, but I was delighted with our showing as we finished third in our group.

Magyar Kupa

Competition Performance: Winners

Our second trophy of the season as we claimed an excellent double. I shocked even myself, especially in this competition as we claimed our third Magyar Kupa in a row. We battled our way through the competition really well before a 2-1 win in the Final.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

Not the best defence to a trophy you will see, but in a competition where there is no money available or European space, I'm not bothered. After four years of this competition, playing the exact same teams every year I have grown bored of it, but we will continue to participate without going all out to win it.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Runners-Up

I would like to win this, hopefully next season we can, but Gyor are a much better side than us when it comes to fixtures like this.

Squad

I'm really happy with the squad. As the years go by the players continue to improve so as a team we improve. We still need a defensive midfielder though, massively.

Finances - Transfers

Our finances look the best they probably have at the end of a season. Hopefully they will continue getting better.

There were a few departures in the summer, nothing drastic though.

Youth at the Club

Adam Viczian (YP1) - He had his best season performance wise, but injury halted him towards the end of the campaign.

Peter Lamar (YP2) - A brilliant young goalkeeper. Continues to impress every season.

Zsolt Nanasi (YP3) - He spent the season out on loan again but improved a lot. His contract runs out this season, but he could be given a new deal.

Andras Dlusztus (YP4) - He has gone from a vital part of the team to a back-up this season. His performances dropped a lot.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - Another very solid season. Really pleased with his all-round game at the moment.

Milan Buza (YP6) - He has played his part for the club, but his deal is expiring and he won't receive a new one.

Roland Bagi (YP11) - A decent back-up, nothing else.

Miklos Petnehazi (YP12) - He is improving well, but needs more time on loan.

Roland Fulop (YP13) - By far the best player to come through the ranks. Just a gem of a player.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - He had a better campaign, mainly because he stayed fit. Improving slowly but surely.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - Another fantastic player who just keeps getting better. Becoming such a fixture in the side.

Zsolt Vincze (YP16) - Hasn't been anywhere near the first team. Doubt he will be at the club much longer.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - A player who just keeps getting better and better. His improvement is fantastic.

Roland Buza (YP18) - Got a fair bit of first team action and it was deserved. He had a cracking season.

Tamas Molnar (YP19) - He was out on loan but I recalled him due to a lack of action. Did well in the few games he featured.

Andras Bubori (YP21) - He continues to impress in the games he plays. Chips in with his fair share of goals.

Mihaly Dani (YP22) - Featured in a few games and did well. He needs a season out on loan though.

Viktor Gal (YP23) - Another who played in a few games. He did well when he played.

David Maj (YP24) - Didn't play this season. Will try and send him out on loan.

Jozsef Gruborovics (YP25) - Another player who needs time away from the club on loan.

Norbert Baranyai (YP26) - A steadily improving player. He will probably get his chance in the first team next season.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - Played in a few fixtures and did well. A solid defender.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - I can see a bright future ahead, but I think a loan is in order first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other            |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U   |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U   |

Next Season

Hard to imagine how we could top this season really, but we need to continue moving forward. Another good run in Europe would be fantastic, and qualification next season is a must.

I can't believe you've done it :eek: Especially after at the start of this season we was talking about your short term aims being the cup for a few years and trying to make money in the Europa League :D Well done mate, brilliant effort to not just get a title but a double :applause:

Makes sense :D

I'm surprised I'm not a legend :(.

Come on get that top spot

I thought we already had :p.

Congratulations on the double! Really impressive!

Cheers dude.

I can't believe you've done it :eek: Especially after at the start of this season we was talking about your short term aims being the cup for a few years and trying to make money in the Europa League :D Well done mate, brilliant effort to not just get a title but a double :applause:

I'm utterly shocked mate, I really am. I wasn't even thinking about the title and probably wouldn't have been for another couple of seasons. Onwards and upwards for the club now, hopefully :p.

Bloody hell,congrats on the double :D
Blimey! Well done!!
Great season! you seem to have made some good steady progress, Hopefully now you can get a good qualifier and maybe sneak your way to the champions league group stages!

Cheers lads :thup:.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2018/19 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Qualify for the Europa League

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Third Qualifying Phase

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Quarter-Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Learn from the Experience

My Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Europa League seems a bit steep but I suppose that is what comes with success

UEFA Champions League: I'm not expecting much at all

Magyar Kupa: I won't pin any hopes on it. We've won it three years in a row and we did brilliantly to do that

Magyar Ligakupa: Couldn't care less

Szuperkupa: Would love to win it

Budgets:

Balance: £611,158

SRL88's Career - Pre-Seson - 2018/19 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps2d3dce92.png

Result wise it wasn't the best pre-season, but we gave a good account of ourselves in the three games we played. We put some solid performances in throughout the three fixtures, but fell to defeat in each game.

Szuperkupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsf1091e8b.png

Third time lucky I suppose. We started the game slowly and could have easily fell behind but our defence held firm and we worked our way into the game. The game was nicely poised at the break, and just after the hour mark we took the lead through an own-goal. It didn't take us long, but we added a second through Karoly Disztl (YP15). Gyor put us under a lot of pressure afterwards but we held on for a very good 2-0 win.

Transfers - Out

Just a bunch of loan deals and players released. Hopefully the loan deals will work out for the good.

Some bigger opposition in the friendlies, mainly in CKSA Moscow. Wouldn't worry to much about the losses; the league will show what you're made of.

Some bigger opposition in the friendlies, mainly in CKSA Moscow. Wouldn't worry to much about the losses; the league will show what you're made of.

Definitely. If we can keep our league form going from last season I will be chuffed.

Well done on the double. Good luck in the champions league.

Cheers dude.

You're really flying now domestically!

Cheers fella :thup:.

SRL88's Career - July 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsb6c0e0ca.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps27639b80.png

A tough game to start the campaign against one of the sides we were engaged in the title race with last season. The game was very even and it was always going to be a single goal which won it, and it was us who scored the only goal of the game thanks to Adam Viczian (YP1) before half-time.

UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps2fbb92a5.png

Two very tough games between two even sides in both games. We grabbed the upper hand in the tie in the first leg thanks to an Adam Viczian (YP1) brace. Maccabi pulled one back in the final ten minutes which gave us a tougher test for the second leg. We took the lead in the second leg just before the hour but conceded just a few minutes later to open the tie up again. Just as it looked like we would be going through we conceded in the 92nd minute to deny us and take the game to extra-time. Extra-time was even and the game went to penalties where we held our nerve to book a game against Levski Sofia in the next round.

Levski should be easier to beat than Maccabi. Push for the Play-off round!

Fingers crossed we can reach the group stages. The financial benefits would be huge.

SRL88's Career - August 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps329e3b3e.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsc2348f96.png

A pretty decent month but I think we could have came out of it with three victories. The game against Paks saw us put in a good performance and we had numerous chances to win the game. We hit the woodwork twice and had the ball cleared off the line but it just wasn't to be our way. Two tricky games followed as we had to battle for victories, but we managed to do it with a 2-0 and 1-0 win over Kaposvar & Puskas respectively. The month rounded off with a defeat away to Gyor, the one place we never seem able to win.

UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9a9c7072.png

An unbelievable achievement as the fairy-tale for this club continues.

We were loads better than Levski over the two legs, but more-so in the first leg as we hammered them 4-0. In the return leg it was a case of guarding against complacency. We took the lead in the game but Levski battled back to take the lead. We scored late on to deny them the win and earn a draw.

We drew old foes Partizan Belgrade for a spot in the group stage and put a fabulous defensive display in to give us the advantage in the first leg. We had our backs to the wall for large spells but held on for a valuable draw. We took an early lead in the second leg only to concede less than ten minutes later. We did regain the lead before half-time to once again give us the advantage. Partizan leveled the game and as it looked like we would be heading out we scored a late goal from a corner to book our place in the group stage.

Hell I knew it! Very lucky to draw Partizan, and with this amount of money you should easily develop your team into a major Hungarian club.

Yeah it was a brilliant draw for the club, and even the way we played against the over the two legs shows how far the club has come since meeting them in qualifying for the Europa League.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps801a440c.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps4b08dba1.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-3_zps8fc9741a.png

I never expected anything other than an impossible draw, but we shall go into this giving it all we've got. I fully expect to get battered a few times.

Remarkable achievement to reach the group stages and also good to see the board putting the money to good use.As for the group,I hope you can keep the scorelines respectable :D

Archived