Show onto foot

Never been able to understand why there is a setting for weaker foot in OI.

When looking at a player I always analsyse what foot he is and set it to the opposite in OI, eg I set right footed players to be shown onto left foot etc..., therefore this is the same as setting it for weaker foot isnt it? so why have that setting or am I missing summat!!

Yes.... Either you can show any given player onto their 'weaker foot', or you can instruct your team to show a specific player onto a specific foot. For example, there could be a left-footed RW. Well, you might want to show him onto his left foot to prevent him getting to the byline (could be problematic, as you are encouraging the opposition player inside, onto his good foot, but you will keep him from getting to the byline, and crossing with his right).

Its just giving you that extra control. You can show all the opposition onto their weaker foot, but you can also show them onto their good foot, for whatever reason.

Yes.... Either you can show any given player onto their 'weaker foot', or you can instruct your team to show a specific player onto a specific foot. For example, there could be a left-footed RW. Well, you might want to show him onto his left foot to prevent him getting to the byline (could be problematic, as you are encouraging the opposition player inside, onto his good foot, but you will keep him from getting to the byline, and crossing with his right).

Its just giving you that extra control. You can show all the opposition onto their weaker foot, but you can also show them onto their good foot, for whatever reason.

I get that no problem, but if you had a left-footed RW wouldn't you just set the setting to left foot and not right foot anyway instead of weaker foot, as its the same thing. I always set mine indiviudally

So you don't have to look at every players profile in the other team?

How do you know what foot the RW has though without looking first?. You look find out hes left footed and set show to weaker foot to right to play him on weaker foot, or you could set it to weaker foot whichever you prefer. Just seems strange to me that there 2 options for 1 task

I've never got this either... However, if there is a right winger who is right footed but had poor crossing attributes I would show him onto his right foot thinking that keeping him out wide is where he will probably be less effective... Very rare however that I would do this.

How do you know what foot the RW has though without looking first?. You look find out hes left footed and set show to weaker foot to right to play him on weaker foot, or you could set it to weaker foot whichever you prefer. Just seems strange to me that there 2 options for 1 task

Obviously I don't need to know what foot he is good at before I set showing onto his weaker foot:p

Because I don't need to know.....I want him on his weaker foot so he is more likely to make a mistake and I can win the ball and hit the other team on the break. Very rarely do I care which foot is weaker. I just want the chance to win the ball and counter quickly.

Wow, lot's of people struggling with this. Show onto weaker foot is just easier than checking which foot is stronger and setting the opposite. You can also set OIs by position and setting to weaker foot won't mess everything up if the opposition team makes a sub. You have the option to show them on to a specific foot as well which is good if you want to force a short, fast team to attack from the flanks via crosses or force a side with lumbering giants as strikers to play through the middle.

When instruct the player to show onto weaker foot of specific player, what kind of attributes will grant that a player is capable of identify the weaker foot?. Some players will know better than others what is the weaker foot, depending if they already belong to the same team (player knowledge) or decisions and concentration attributes, that seems to be the most important attributes to read well the opposition player.

However if you instruct to specific foot the player will know better what to do.

I don't know if Football Manager works like that, but if it is makes sense to me.

Obviously I don't need to know what foot he is good at before I set showing onto his weaker foot:p

I dont advise doing this as I look at the game probably too deeply at times. The RW could have a good left foot showing him onto the weaker right foot would make him put crossses int,o possible tall strikers leading to a goal. That is why I check as showing onto weaker foot without looking isnt always advised or your desired outcome:p

I dont advise doing this as I look at the game probably too deeply at times. The RW could have a good left foot showing him onto the weaker right foot would make him put crossses int,o possible tall strikers leading to a goal. That is why I check as showing onto weaker foot without looking isnt always advised or your desired outcome:p

But if you are playing against a lone striker you might want to always set him to weaker foot, regardless of which foot he favours. That's why the option is there, sometimes you don't need to know which foot he uses.

Archived