The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Thumping win against Barhain is v.nice to see, especialy when i score 4 icon_smile.gif. Just out of interest Walcott, how many international goals have i got now becuase i seem to be banging them in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't got the game loaded at the moment as I'm on a different pc, I'll confirm later exactly how many but I do remember during the game that it came up with the line 'thats his 10th goal for Turkmenistan'. Think that was for your 2nd goal, so that would put you on 12, but you may be on 13. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Thumping win against Barhain is v.nice to see, especialy when i score 4 icon_smile.gif. Just out of interest Walcott, how many international goals have i got now becuase i seem to be banging them in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't got the game loaded at the moment as I'm on a different pc, I'll confirm later exactly how many but I do remember during the game that it came up with the line 'thats his 10th goal for Turkmenistan'. Think that was for your 2nd goal, so that would put you on 12, but you may be on 13. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok thanks, 12/13 doesnt sound bad at all for the games we've played

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 15th Feb: Sevilla (6th) v (7th) Espanyol – League Match

Al-Dahash starts on the bench for Espanyol. Interestingly, whilst Alan is not included in the match squad for Sevilla, Turkus Mendieta makes his 1st app in quite a while, at centre back alongside Woodgate.

Sevilla take the lead after 4 minutes, Kanoute heading in a corner. 1-0.

14 minutes gone and Kanoute slots home his 2nd goal. 2-0.

Luis Garcia gets one back for Espanyol, his first shot hitting the post, but the rebound kindly going straight back to him so he could tap home. 2-1.

Espanyol complete the comeback with a close range header after a cross from the left. 2-2 and only 30 minutes gone.

However, in the 3rd minute of stoppage time, Kanoute’s saved shot falls into the path of his fellow striker and he taps in. 3-2.

HT: Sevilla 3 v 2 Espanyol

Turkus Mendieta has a rating of 7 at half time.

Another twist for Kanoute, he is sent off for an elbow in the face.

Al-Dahash Intro

Al-Dahash is brought on after 73 minutes.

On the pitch for just 3 minutes, Al-Dahash swings in a corner from the left and it is headed in. 3-3.

Mendieta is subbed off.

FT: Sevilla 3 v 3 Espanyol

Full Time Espanyol Stats

Al-Dahash + Mendieta both finish with a rating of 7.

Player Cam Match Report

Thurs 19th Feb: Espanyol (1) v (0) Besiktas – UEFA Cup 1st KO Round 2nd leg

Al-Dahash missed the first leg due to international commitments. He starts the 2nd leg in the AML position of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Besiktas come out of the blocks quickest, forcing the Espanyol keeper to pull off a great save to his right.

The rest of the half calms down though.

HT: Espanyol 0 v 0 Besiktas

Half Time Stats

Al-Dahash is switched to the right wing. He puts in a good cross for Garcia, but the keeper saves well.

Like the first half, brief moments of promise ultimately come to nothing.

FT: Espanyol 0 v 0 Besiktas

Full Time Espanyol Stats

Espanyol won’t mind though, as they go through to the next round 1-0 on agg.

Week ending Sunday 22nd February 2009

Fabiov Maldinov has injured his hip and will be out for 2 months.

Man Utd manager Carlos Ancelotti has heaped praise on Alvaro De Santiago after a MOM in goal for Arsenal, helping them win 2-0 at Old Trafford.

The World Rankings have been released for February and make for interesting reading:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Turkmenistan 65th Up 10 places

Kyrgyzstan 66th Up 6 places

</pre>

Liverpool have beaten Watford 3-0 in the League Cup Final.

The UEFA Cup 1st KO Round has been completed:

(It should be noted that none of the superkids played in the 1st legs due to the international games).

Chelsea draw 0-0 in the 2nd leg against Celtic, but go through 2-1 on agg. Koppers was an unused sub in the 2nd leg.

Ulfinus Chaoconov was an unused sub after Anderlecht went out 2-1 on penalties after a dull 0-0 agg draw against Marseille, Anderlecht missing 4/5 pens.

Atas, recovering from injury saw Athletico win 2-0 at home in their 2nd leg against Charlton to win 2-0 on agg.

An injured Rossini also looked on as Werder Bremen beat Deportivo 1-0 at home in the 2nd leg to win on away goals after a 2-2 agg score.

Prof Frink made his European debut for Rangers in the 2nd leg home 1-1 draw against Bordeaux. However, Rangers were let down by their 1st leg performance and lost 2-5 on agg.

So 4 out of 6 remain for the 2nd KO Round and you all avoided each other:

UEFA Cup 2nd Round KO Draw

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 22nd Feb: Espanyol (8th) v (11th) Athletic Bilbao – League Match

Al-Dahash starts his last match of player cam on the right wing in a 4-4-2 formation.

Bilbao almost take the lead after 18 minutes, the Espanyol keeper having to dive back onto his line to rescue a deflected cross.

Bilbao take the lead after 39 minutes, their striker racing onto a through ball and slotting it home. 0-1.

HT: Espanyol 0 v 1 Athletic Bilbao

Half Time Stats

A quick freekick by Espanyol puts Luis Garcia through on goal, but he pulls it wide.

However, less than 5 minutes later Espanyol score after a surging run by their centre mid. 1-1, 71 minutes gone.

After smart work down the right, Al-Dahash gets clear of the last defender but blazes his shot over the bar.

In the 3rd minute of injury time, Al-Dahash is fouled in the penalty area and ref awards Espanyol a penalty. Up steps Luis Garcia and he scores to snatch a win for Espanyol. 2-1.

FT: Espanyol 2 v 1 Athletic Bilbao

Full Time Espanyol Stats

Al-Dahash gets a rating of 7 for that last minute inadvertent assist, after being on a rating of 6 for the majority of the game.

Week ending Sunday 1st March 2009

De Santiago has snubbed the praise by Man Utd boss Ancelotti.

Lazio's boss is disappointed with the recent form of Bill (7-8-6-7-5). Bill agrees that his recent form has not been up to scratch.

In response to the query about Gonzalez, I thought it might be a good idea to update everyone on their int player caps:

Turkmenistan Int Caps

Kyrgyzstan Int Caps

As you can see, Azeryk has a preposterous goals:games ratio at the moment, with Gonzalez not far behind for Turkmenistan either.

Player Cam for March will follow… Habib Halali at Chesterfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Turkmenistan 65th Up 10 places

Kyrgyzstan 66th Up 6 places </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One better than the Kyrgyzis. Thats where we are going to stay for a long time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taunton:

I had a dream last night and the name Selim Atas came up. icon_eek.gif

Think that was a signal to get out more and not spending too much time reading sign-up threads icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny one icon_smile.gif . i also read something in the forums and decided i was too tired to answer. in the morning i looked for it and it wasnt there, just a dream. does forum readers dream of sign-up sheeps?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lazio's boss is disappointed with the recent form of Bill (7-8-6-7-5). Bill agrees that his recent form has not been up to scratch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif step it up!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fleece:

too bad im injured icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halali recovered in time for his first game of player cam, hence why I picked him icon_wink.gif

Updates to come this evening probably guys, just got some work to do this afternoon icon14.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 7th Mar: Chesterfield (4th) v (3rd) Bristol City – League Match

Habib Halali has recovered sufficiently enough from his last injury to start this vital game at left back.

Just a note about League One – With 9 games left to go, the top 6 teams are separated by just 2 points!!!

The opening half hour consists of half chances for either team, both sides lacking accuracy in their shots though.

41 minutes gone and Halali floats in a freekick, which Derry volleys home. 1-0.

HT: Chesterfield 1 v 0 Bristol City

Half Time Stats

Bristol City hit the post early in the 2nd half.

After 70 minutes, City equalise from a corner. 1-1.

Both teams then seem to be content to end the game with a point each.

FT: Chesterfield 1 v 1 Bristol City

Full Time Stats

A 7 for Halali and a fairly solid all round performance.

Week ending Sunday 8th March 2009

The Champions League 1st KO Round has been completed:

Freealdinho made his debut for Man Utd in the 2nd leg 2-1 defeat away to AC Milan. The game ended 3-3 on agg aet, so it went to penalties. Man Utd won 4-3 on pens, despite Freealdinho missing his pen.

Alvaro De Santiago played in goal for Arsenal as they drew 1-1 at home to Barcelona. Arsenal progressed 3-1 on agg.

Lazio’s Bill started against Liverpool (and Birkinaldo although he was an unused sub), however it was not a good night for Bill as Lazio lost 4-1 away, going out 4-1 on agg.

Samaras Taraldo played the whole game away to Bayern Munich. PSV won the 2nd leg 1-0, winning 7-2 on agg (what a 1st leg result!).

Pablo Gonzalez was an unused sub as Real Madrid won their 2nd leg 1-0 away to PSG, to progress 1-0 on agg.

So that’s 5 out of 6 superkids who are in with a chance of becoming the first to win the Champions League. The Quarter Final draw is:

Inter Milan v AC Milan

Arsenal v Liverpool

Man Utd v PSV

Valencia v Real Madrid

</pre>

Samaras Taraldo has again piped up saying that he wants to move to a bigger club – all that he is yet to do is hand in a transfer request.

Tomaldinho, Benj + Bartinho are all considering their options at their respective clubs.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 14th Mar: Leyton Orient (24th) v (4th) Chesterfield – League Match

Habib Halali starts at left back in a must win game for both sides.

Leyton Orient dominates the first half as Chesterfield fail to find their form. However, the game remains goalless.

HT: Leyton Orient 0 v 0 Chesterfield

Whilst the first half was dominated by Orient, nobody threatens in the 2nd half.

Halali is switched to right back with 10 minutes to go.

The game looks to be ending as a stalemate, until the 4th minute of injury time, when Jones smashes a ball past the Chesterfield keeper from 15 yards to snatch a last gasp winner. 1-0.

FT: Leyton Orient 1 v 0 Chesterfield

Cruel on Chesterfield, but on the balance of play maybe a fair result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 14th Mar: Leyton Orient (24th) v (4th) Chesterfield – League Match

Habib Halali starts at left back in a must win game for both sides.

Leyton Orient dominates the first half as Chesterfield fail to find their form. However, the game remains goalless.

HT: Leyton Orient 0 v 0 Chesterfield

Whilst the first half was dominated by Orient, nobody threatens in the 2nd half.

Halali is switched to right back with 10 minutes to go.

The game looks to be ending as a stalemate, until the 4th minute of injury time, when Jones smashes a ball past the Chesterfield keeper from 15 yards to snatch a last gasp winner. 1-0.

FT: Leyton Orient 1 v 0 Chesterfield

Cruel on Chesterfield, but on the balance of play maybe a fair result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies, I forgot to paste in the screenshots:

Half Time Stats

Full Time Stats

Week ending Sunday 15th March 2009

Ghoolbi Dumats has a groin strain and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

Paul Le Guen has taken over as manager of PSV.

Lazio have sacked their manager Delio Rossi.

The UEFA Cup 2nd KO Round has been completed:

Salman Al-Dahash played 70 minutes in Espanyol’s 2nd leg 1-0 away win against Dynamo Kiev. They go through 3-1 on agg.

Selim Atas was not in the match day squad as it was too soon after his injury, but he saw his teammates win 2-0 at home to Shaktar, winning 4-2 on agg.

An injured Rossini could only look on from the sidelines as Werder Bremen lost their 2nd leg 2-0 away to Sampdoria, going out 3-1 on agg.

Koppers was not involved in the game, but Chelsea won 3-2 at away to Udinese to win 5-3 on agg.

So 3 superkids remain in the UEFA Cup, along with the 5 still involved in the Champions League. The Quarter Final draw of the UEFA Cup is:

Schalke v Sampdoria

Marseille v Zaragoza

Chelsea v Athletico

Espanyol v Bordeaux

</pre>

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 21st Mar: Shrewsbury (12th) v (6th) Chesterfield – League Match

Halali starts at left back.

A quiet, uneventful first half until Victor Anichebe, on loan at Shrewsbury from Everton, races onto a through ball and lashes it into the far corner of the net. 1-0.

HT: Shrewsbury 1 v 0 Chesterfield

A goalmouth scramble early in the 2nd half, but Halali gets stuck in and clears the ball to safety.

70 minutes gone and Cheseterfield equalise. A cross from the left is glanced in by Dichio. 1-1

Chesterfield almost lose a 2nd game in a row due to an injury time goal, but this time the Chesterfield keeper makes a superb save.

FT: Shrewsbury 1 v 1 Chesterfield

Match Overview

Player Stats

Week ending Sunday 22nd March 2009

Hermandinho has finished his loan spell at Notts Forest and has returned to Chelsea.

Ascoli are interested in Koppers.

Lui has a sprained ankle and will out for 1-2 months.

Int Games - Fri 27th Mar:

Kyrgyzstan v South Korea

Iran v Turkmenistan

</pre>

Int Call Ups

Kyrgyzstan have called up 15 fit superkids, Lui being the unlucky one.

Turkmenistan call up 13 superkids, the injured Dumats, Rossini + Maldinov missing out.

Kyrgyzstan v South Korea

Fri 27th Mar: World Cup 2010 Asian Qualifying 3rd Round

Pre Match

11 superkids start the game for Kyrgyzstan, with Alan as Captain and Davo as the Key Man. On the subs bench is Halali, Freealdinho + Bartinho. Left out of the match day squad is Robson.

My Opinion

The first real test of the group stages. Kyrgyzstan need to win their home games, but it will be tough. I think they will just edge it though.

The first 20 minutes were quiet, but after 22 minutes a great ball over the top by Davo finds Azeryk. His shot is saved by the keeper, but the ball comes out to Al-Dahash who places the ball into the unguarded net. 1-0.

Alan lashes a long range shot just wide of the left post.

After 34 minutes, Bill is subbed off. On comes Halali as Kyrgyzstan change to 4-2-1-2-1.

Prof Frink plays through Azeryk after 42 minutes. As he prepares to shoot, the defender slices a clearance passed the oncoming keeper. As the ball trickles towards the net, Azeryk is on hand to make sure it goes in. 2-0.

In injury time at the end of the half, Halali puts in a corner from the right. Prof Frink rises above everyone to head the ball into the net. 3-0.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 3 v 0 South Korea

Half Time Stats

Well, what a first half – South Korea will be gutted about the late goals for Kyrgyzstan, surely game over. Alan is subbed off at half time.

63 minutes gone and a lifeline for S Korea, with a header from their striker. 3-1.

Fantastic response by Kyrgyzstan. A freekick from the right touchline after 66 minutes is lumped into the box by Davo. Al-Dahash leaps the highest and heads the ball past the keeper. 4-1.

Becoming legendary now – 2 minutes later and Taphouse puts in a deflected cross from the right which is pounced upon and finished by Azeryk. 5-1.

A goalkick by South Korea is headed straight back towards him by Prof Frink. Azeryk races onto the ball and smacks the ball into the net from a tight angle for his hattrick. 6-1, 74 minutes gone.

A minute later and Halali plays the ball down the left, Azeryk latches onto it and this time places the ball just inside the far right hand post. 7-1, unbelievable!!

Ryan is subbed after 83 minutes.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 7 v 1 South Korea

Match Overview

Player Stats

What a 2nd half and what an unbelievable performance by Kyrgyzstan. Makes a mockery of my opinion pre match haha. Azeryk gets the MOM award and is now on 22 goals from 13 games for his country at senior level.

Iran v Turkmenistan

Fri 27th Mar: World Cup 2010 Asian Qualifying 3rd Round

Pre Match

11 superkids start the game away to Iran with Swinson as Captain and Selim Atas as the Key Man. Marcus Cook is on the bench, but Ali Obeid is left out of the match day squad.

My Opinion

I think Turkmenistan would be satisfied with a draw, but you can’t rule out a win for Turkmenistan.

10 minutes gone and Atas puts in a cross to the near post, which Gonzalez puts away. Great start 0-1.

15 minutes gone and Tomaldinho has a freekick well saved.

22 minutes gone and Atas misses a golden chance 6 yards out with only the keeper to beat. A minute later and he picks up a yellow card.

33 minutes gone and Atas scores after a slicing throughball from Tomaldinho. 0-2.

Gonzalez picks up a yellow card.

Iran have offered little in this half, apart from a couple of speculative freekicks.

HT: Iran 0 v 2 Turkmenistan

Half Time Stats

Gonzalez is subbed off at half time.

Great goal by Swinson after 60 minutes, Libertinho passing him the ball before he set off taking the ball past 3 men before firing it into the bottom left of the goal from an a angle. 0-3.

However, Iran get a quick response after a poor pass by Taraldo left an Iranian striker in acres of room in which to run in on goal and shoot passed De Santiago. 1-3.

3 minutes later and Iran are right back in the game. A freekick is hit into the box, but Swinson glances the ball into his own net. 2-3, 68 minutes gone.

72 minutes gone and Iran fire a shot just over the bar.

78th minute and Chaoconov + Koppers are subbed off.

86 minutes gone and a misplaced pass lets in Atas. The keeper half saves the ball, as it goes to Swinson who taps in to secure the victory and technically score his 3rd goal of the game! 2-4.

Swinson hobbles off the pitch in stoppage time with a knock.

FT: Iran 2 v 4 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A topsy turvy game resulting in a valuable 3 points for Turkmenistan. Swinson finishes the game with a rating of 10 and the MOM award – quite a feat for someone who also scored an own goal!

TeeWee - I don't actually know, I'm sure they gave you a warm reception, but Hermandinho went straight onto international duties for Turkmenistan so hasn't had the opportunity to even train the Chelsea team yet!

The Golden Boy - Yeah, Prof Frink played brilliantly. Looking back on the match you probably deserved the MOM award, but FM tends to be a bit goalscorers biased when it comes to awarding MOM unfortunately.

World Cup 2010 Asian Qual Results – Fri 27th March

Group A Group B

Australia 4 v 0 Bahrain Iran 2 v 4 Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan 7 v 1 South Korea Qatar 1 v 3 Japan

After 2/6 games:

Group A Table Group B Table

1. Kyrgyzstan +7 6 1. Turkmenistan +9 6

2. Australia +4 4 2. Japan +3 6

---------------------- -----------------------

3. South Korea -4 1 3. Iran -3 0

---------------------- -----------------------

4. Bahrain -7 0 4. Qatar -9 0

</pre>

Although it's early stages, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan are looking in fairly strong positions to qualify from. Both teams now face the teams who lie in the 2nd place of their group in the next round of matches. A win for Japan or either of our 2 teams and you would have to think that World Cup Qual for that team is in the bag.

Week ending Sunday 29th March 2009

Luke Swinson has twisted his knee and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

George Robson is wanted by Celta Vigo.

The World Rankings for March were announced before those internationals:

Turkmenistan 63rd Up 2 places

Kyrgyzstan 66th No change

International Fixtures – Weds 4th April

Australia v Kyrgyzstan

Japan v Turkmenistan

</pre>

Player Cam for the month of April will follow… Azeryk at Middlesbrough.

Games played stats and league table screenshots will be produced in the next round of updates, which will be probably on Friday, but maybe tomorrow. icon14.gif

Luke, good shooting, correcting your unfortunate accident resulting in an own goal! Sorry about your knee!

Had the Irani locked pretty much in the game, though almost giving it away through some personal mistakes. Better concentration next time guys!

And the Turkmeni have gained another two places on the Kyrgyzi dogs. Eat our dust. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Luke, good shooting, correcting your unfortunate accident resulting in an own goal! Sorry about your knee!

Had the Irani locked pretty much in the game, though almost giving it away through some personal mistakes. Better concentration next time guys!

And the Turkmeni have gained another two places on the Kyrgyzi dogs. Eat our dust. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers teewee icon14.gif

I'll have too make sure I this is just twice as I scored an own goal in basketball, in P.E yesterday. icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to see i got a couple of goals and my first MoM for Turki.

KUTGW WW

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll have too make sure I this is just twice as I scored an own goal in basketball, in P.E yesterday. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see how you can score an own goal in basketball icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Golden boy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll have too make sure I this is just twice as I scored an own goal in basketball, in P.E yesterday. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see how you can score an own goal in basketball icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well its kind of basketball but you have to put the ball onto the wall then you win you don't actually shoot into the hoops we normally but there doing up the gym.

Archived