[FM13] Futbol Club Barcelona - Més que un club; Into the Post-Pep Era

tommonufc

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again Tommo great thread but please coul you use the font size you use in the first team overview as a standard?

The rest is hard to read... Struggling on a 22 inches let alone smartphone view... :( Keep it up :thup:

Try zooming in? :brock:

Hmmm that's what i do but i can only read the thread on pc, forget smartphone etc. even if tedious, wouldnt be easier for you to increase the font while we're still at the beginning? From what i read most like your threads but have an issue with the font... Actually i noticed that non of your posts use the default font, why did you change? :(

Anyone that wants to play possession football have any luck with it? So far I think I've done a pretty decent job with my tactics, I've had a good start to the season and my possession seems to be quite realistic.

I've had results like 2-0 over Valencia with 73% possession, 4-1 over Real Madrid with 65% poss. and so on. If anyone would like to have a look at my tactics/instructions I'd happily post them up.

Almost finished my first season with Barca and it's going along nicely; 7 pts in front of Madrid in the league and a 3-1 win away at Anderlecht in the Champions League quarter-finals. But Messi has just got injured for 4 months with a broken foot :( Second time this season which means he has barely played. Just me being unlucky or is he still injury-prone on the game (if so, the researcher should really take a look at himself)? And to top that I also got Iniesta injured with the exact same injurt; broken foot, 4 months out. Bartra, Montoya and Thiago has developed nicely, especially Bartra who've established himself as first choice next to Piqué in central defense. Thinking about buying Neymar since he's supposed to be on his way in real life.

I see, pretty much default Trequartista settings with slight tweaking of his Mentality.

Like I said get used to the idea that FM13 has a different ME than FM12. Some things may work the same, others may work differently. TBH, 35 goals from some who plays in the AMC position is a very nice return. A lot of things in the ME from FM12 were unrealistic, as well as training or any performance gains perceived from training.

I'd say that if you want Messi to score more goals you would have to change your tactics, his instructions or both. It's not the training. If you like to keep playing this striker-less formation, keeping Messi as AMC, then perhaps you should consider changing his role or changing some of his instructions. For example, try setting RFD to sometimes, lower his TTB to sometimes, lower his passing to very short. It's also important how the rest of your team is set up, specifically your wingers (I see that you have your right footed AML set as Winger-attack and right footed AMR as Inside Forward-attack). Is Messi selected as Target Man? Is he set as Playmaker?

Perhaps you can post a question in the Tactics forum and see what others (like Cleon, Rashidi1) will suggest.....

Yonko,

Thanks for your feedback which I value a lot knowing the time you've spent playing around the tactic on FM12 to reproduce Barca's style ;)

I intend to continue using the striker-less formation I have been using, once properly set it's devastating, well at least with Barca. I have changed Messi's instructions based on your feedback and the results are not that bad... I am in December 2012 (22nd to be precise) and Messi has scored 15 goals in 17 apps (he was injured in mid October for 5 weeks).

What would you recommend as setings for the wingers knowing that I rotate Sanchez/Pedro as AMR and Villa/Cuenca as AML? Messi is set as TM-mixed while the playmaker is the MCR (Xavi/Iniesta)

For the record, in La Liga, 17 games-17 victories GF:50 GA:7....

Yonko,

Thanks for your feedback which I value a lot knowing the time you've spent playing around the tactic on FM12 to reproduce Barca's style ;)

I intend to continue using the striker-less formation I have been using, once properly set it's devastating, well at least with Barca. I have changed Messi's instructions based on your feedback and the results are not that bad... I am in December 2012 (22nd to be precise) and Messi has scored 15 goals in 17 apps (he was injured in mid October for 5 weeks).

What would you recommend as setings for the wingers knowing that I rotate Sanchez/Pedro as AMR and Villa/Cuenca as AML? Messi is set as TM-mixed while the playmaker is the MCR (Xavi/Iniesta)

For the record, in La Liga, 17 games-17 victories GF:50 GA:7....

For the AMR/L I could suggest a few options. I'd say it depends on what you want them to do. Consider anything from IF-attack/support to Winger-attack/support. If you use IF-attack on both sides, then you will have more scoring opportunities. If you use Support duties on both sides that should give you better possession and control of the ball. Try a few options and see which one you like best. Keep in mind that Pedro is perhaps the most versatile player in either AMR/L position because of his attributes and the fact that he is two-footed. I would play Villa at AML as IF-attack, Sanchez at AML as IF-attack also, but at AMR as Winger-attack. Cuenca I would use as Winger-support. BTW, why are you using Cuenca so much? How are you using Tello and Deulofeu? I personally prefer to use Tello and Deulofeu.

What instructions does Messi have now? Trequartista role in AMC with RFD, RWB, TTB, Cross ball all on mixed? Try setting his RWB on often....

Thanks, I will play around with my tactic following your advices and see what comes out of it. I use Cuenca as a backup to Villa, then gradually he becomes number one in front of Tello or Deulofeu as he was immense for me on FM12. I currently use Tello and Deulofeu in all Spanish cup games and some liga games... There are so many talents at barca it's difficult to pick only 11 players :D

First season done; won the Liga and Champions League - fairly happy with that. Trying to replicate how Barca play in real life but struggling with possession (and with Messi being injured for 3/4 of the season). Bartra, Montoya, Thiago and Tello all developing nicely. Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto and Deulofeu also looking good. Don't think I'll buy anyone before next season - just try to develop an even more possession-oriented tactic and blooding more and more youngsters in to the first team squad.

Have any of you guys played for more than a couple of seasons? Would love to see how "your" Bartras, Tellos and Grimaldos have developed...

There are so many talents at barca it's difficult to pick only 11 players :D

I know :)

Players like Samper, Javi Espinosa, Adama Traore, Maxi Rolon and Sandro to name a few have barely featured for me so far - a shame really.

Thanks, I will play around with my tactic following your advices and see what comes out of it. I use Cuenca as a backup to Villa, then gradually he becomes number one in front of Tello or Deulofeu as he was immense for me on FM12. I currently use Tello and Deulofeu in all Spanish cup games and some liga games... There are so many talents at barca it's difficult to pick only 11 players :D

I would pick Deulofeu over Cuenca any day though. Gerard can be developed into an awesome player and he has higher PA.

Thanks for the feedback guys - appreciated. Will have the rest of the player information up this evening, finishing the midfielders and forwards - and probably move on to look at Barca B too.

Stay tuned :thup:

When will you update de thread???

Thanks.

How to keep possession and Xavi to make more than 100 passes in game???

Thanks.

I've managed to complete a season as Barcelona, playing decent attacking football and maintaining a decent amount of possession every game. When I analyse the match at the end of the game it seems that Busquets/Mascherano (who ever is playing as Anchor Man for me) gets the most passes a game, mostly over 100.

I've been playing rigid style with a controlled strategy formation. Passing style shorter, with more disciplined creative freedom. Width is also narrow, and tempo is slow. The reason I have a rigid style is because I want my players to pass the ball around risk free. If you were to play more fluid, then the players would attempt more through balls, resulting in losing possession more. Also, controlled strategy because I want my players to patiently pass it around, not get the ball forward quickly.

Playing a short passing style is typical Barcelona football. Playing short passes is risk free, and it results in keeping the ball. Setting every player to short passing and little creative freedom will help keep the ball. Also try to restrict players from running with the ball and trying through balls too. Also using shouts such as retain possession, pass to feet, play through defence, etc. helps. This is what I do and it seems to work, resulting in high percentages of possession every game.

After a few short saves on the beta game, I've finally managed to finish my first season on the full game (I play slowly - ha ha). I started this save soon after the full release and Steam updating my beta. The beginning was a little strange due to the ME, but since it's been updated while in the process of this save. After the rocky start, a few tactical experiments and adjustments, my team started to play awesome. It seemed like my team was playing better the further the season was progressing.

Needless to say, I managed to win everything in my first season - La Liga, Supercopa, Copa del Rey and the Champions League. In La Liga, I went undefeated with 98 points (30 wins and 8 draws), scoring 104 goals while allowing only 17. Real Madrid finished in 2nd with 13 points behind me. I beat them in the Copa del Rey final after PKs. They were playing without CR7, I was playing without Messi (ouch) and Alves, all through suspension.

In the CL, I had an interesting path. I was drawn in a group with PSG, Shakhtar and Gladbach. I started badly with a loss and 2 draws in my first 3 games, but then recovered and won the remaining games to finish top of the group. In the first knockout round I was matched up against Dortmund. Lost the first game away 1-2, but then won the 2nd leg at home 5-1. At this point, my team and my tactic were really clicking. BTW, Real M was knocked out at that stage by Bayern M! At the 1/4 finals I was matched up with Chelsea. I won the first leg at home 5-1 and then won the 2nd leg away 2-0. Then at the 1/2 final came Man City. The 1st leg away was a real thriller. I won 4-3 but it was real difficult with a lot of tactical adjustments from both sides. I was up 2-0 at half time. They came back 3-2 and then I had my own comeback to win 4-3. The 2nd leg at home wasn't easy either, though it was less thrilling - I won 2-1. Man City had knocked out Beyern M in the 1/4 finals, btw. The other 1/2 final was between Man United and Celtic! Man United tied 1-1 in the 1st leg and then won the 2nd 2-0. So, at Wembley Stadium there was a repeat of the 2011 final - Barcelona vs Man United. Two goals from Messi and two goals from Sanchez saw me win 4-1 - RVP gave them a glimmer of hope when he tied the score in the first half.

Towards the end of the season my team was really playing very well, even though I had to play without Iniesta for the last 5-6 weeks through twisted knee injury. Fabregas also had a 3 weeks spell on the sidelines just before Iniesta's injury. But Thiago stepped in very well and bossed the midfield alongside Xavi. The other young players also contributed and improved a lot, especially Deulofeu who came very close to win the award for best young player in Spain (eventually won by Muniain).

Messi scored 59 goals from 57 games and had 23 assists. He was the top scorer in La Liga with 38 (CR7 2nd with 33) and in CL with 14 goals. But sadly Ronaldo won Ballon D'or 2012 and best player in Spain due to his better average rating. Iniesta was very productive until his injury, with 12 goals and 12 assists. Villa had 17 goals, Sanchez 16 goals (11 assists) and Pedro scored 10 goals (12 assists). Xavi had 22 assists, while Alves had 15 assists. But as I said Deulofeu was the most impressive. His stats were: 14(12) - 7 goals - 6 assists - 2 PoMs and rating of 7.41!

In terms of transfer deals, I bought two players in January - Bernard Leno from Leverkusen and Kurt Zouma. I got them for a lot of money, but thankfully most of it is spread out over 48 months. I paid 10m euros up front for each of them and then 30m over 48 months for Leno, while 40m over 48 months for Zouma. I guess I overpaid.....but I wanted a top class young GK to challenge Valdes and rotate, plus I wanted the best young defender in FM on my team to develop under my coaching system. I'm set for a long time, considering the young talents I have at my club already.

I didn't buy anyone between the 1st season and the start of the second season. I had Neymar on my shortlist, but considering how well Deulofeu played and is developing I chose not to buy the Brazilian. Instead, he went to Man United for 51m euros. I really don't have anyone on my shortlist, instead I'm just focused on developing what I already have at the club. I've sold Afellay for 9m to Galatasaray, sold Bojan to Liverpool for 6m euros and then loaned out a few youngsters to gain experience. Pinto and Abidal were given a free transfers. I'm buying only young talented regens for the future.

As for my tactics, I've settled on a version of my favorite 4-1-2-2-1 formation that is slightly different than what I used on FM12. I've tried somewhat to set a realistic Barca tactic without really being obsessed with having ridiculously high possession and passing stats, though this year's ME is better geared towards that compared to before. Therefore, my possession and passing numbers are better than on FM12. This is what I use:

Balanced and Control

Pass Shorter

Default Freedom

Press More

Default Tackling

Zonal Marking (everyone tweaked to Zonal and Tight)

Drill Crosses

More Roaming

GK = Sweeper Keeper, defend (Valdes/Leno)

DR = Wingback, support (Alves/Montoya/Adriano)

DL = Wingback, support (Alba/Muniesa/Adriano)

DCR = Center Defender, defend (Pique/Bartra/Puyol)

DCL = Center Defender, defend (Mascherano/Zouma/Muniesa)

DM = Defensive Midfielder, defend (Busquets/Song/Mascherano)

MCR = Deep Lying Playmaker, support (Xavi/Thiago/Song)

MCL = Advanced Playmaker, support (Iniesta/Fabregas/Thiago)

AMR = Inside Forward, support (Pedro/Deulofeu)

AML = Inside Forward, support (Sanchez/Tello)

ST = Trequartista, attack (Messi/Villa) note: RFD=mixed, RWB=often, TTB=mixed, Cross=mixed

All players have Long Shots=rarely, Wingbacks have TTB=rarely. Usual shouts are: hassle opponents, push higher up. Effective against other strong opponents (Real M, Man C, Man U, etc.) is to use "retain possession" and "pass into space". When facing a flat 4-4-2 my 2MCs specifically man-mark the opposition's 2 MCs. When facing a 4-2-3-1, my midfield 3 specifically man-marks their midfield 3. The only time I didn't use specific man-marking was when facing PSG with their 4-3-2-1 narrow formation.

congrats on your 1st season Yonko.

Won everything as well with Messi scoring 51 goals in 46 apps and 6 as a sub and 21 assists. As for the Liga, I Won 31 games, drawing 6 and losing 1 :( , so 99 points (GF: 117 and GA: 23)

I played the whole season with my slightly tweaked crazy tactic posted above meaning a back three and no striker... Loving FM13 already :D

Thanks gipsy. I have 2nd season underway. Had 5 good friendlies, winning all of them - 3-0 vs Utrecht, 3-0 vs Monaco, 4-0 vs PSG, 6-0 vs Parma and 2-0 vs Inter. I won the opening La Liga game away to Granada 4-0, 2 goals from Messi and 2 from Sanchez. Now I'm about to play the two Supercopa games vs Real M. I'll see what happens.

I'm enjoying FM13 too, though I still feel the ME could use a few small improvements, but hopefully SI will do that in the future.

Halfway the season now, and doing well, leading Madrid in the league with five points, in the quarter finals of the cup and round of 16 in Europe. I do a bit of juggling with tactics but it's usually a standard 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-3. A wild experiment in Europe against Juventus with a 3-3-4 ended in a disappointing 0-0, though. :p

Messi's scoring at average a goal per game, but I feel as if he's becoming more ineffectual every game. In my first fifteen games or so he'd continuously score by doing long runs through the defense, and now all he does is tap ins and penalties. It's still relentless, but I feel as if I'm not doing him justice tactically, and honestly, we all want to build our teams around him.

Does anyone know the most effective way to build an entire team around getting Messi in front of goal? It seems I knew how to do it in the first few weeks and then lost the touch or something. :p

Never done a Barcelona save before. New to having such resources.

I want to play play a relatively similar style to what Barca have been playing for the last few years.

Dominate the possession. Pass until the opposition loses focus, then swiftly attack.

I want the fullbacks to be as far as anyone up the pitch and I want the DM to be ready to help the CBs out.

Not really sure what replicates Messi best in FM. I know he drops deep and stays deep, sometimes running late into the box.

I think il try him CAM and go from there, slowly changing sliders till I am happy.

Im in this for the long haul, finding the talent to continue the success is one of the challenges I am most looking forward to.

Kovacic, Wellington Nem and possibly Neymar are on my shortlist at the moment. But that is all for now.

Apart from Dongou, the under 19s dont look particularly world class, would you all agree?

Never done a Barcelona save before. New to having such resources.

I want to play play a relatively similar style to what Barca have been playing for the last few years.

Dominate the possession. Pass until the opposition loses focus, then swiftly attack.

I want the fullbacks to be as far as anyone up the pitch and I want the DM to be ready to help the CBs out.

Not really sure what replicates Messi best in FM. I know he drops deep and stays deep, sometimes running late into the box.

I think il try him CAM and go from there, slowly changing sliders till I am happy.

Im in this for the long haul, finding the talent to continue the success is one of the challenges I am most looking forward to.

Kovacic, Wellington Nem and possibly Neymar are on my shortlist at the moment. But that is all for now.

Apart from Dongou, the under 19s dont look particularly world class, would you all agree?

For tactic, try this:

Balanced and Control

Pass Shorter

Default Freedom

Press More

Default Tackling

Zonal Marking (everyone tweaked to Zonal and Tight)

Drill Crosses

More Roaming

GK = Sweeper Keeper, defend

DR = Wingback, support

DL = Wingback, support

DCR = Center Defender, defend

DCL = Center Defender, defend

DM = Defensive Midfielder, defend

MCR = Deep Lying Playmaker, support

MCL = Advanced Playmaker, support

AMR = Inside Forward, support

AML = Inside Forward, support

ST = Trequartista, attack

All players have Long Shots=rarely, Wingbacks have TTB=rarely. Usual shouts are: hassle opponents, push higher up. Effective against other strong opponents (Real M, Man C, Man U, etc.) is to use "retain possession" and "pass into space". When facing a flat 4-4-2 my 2MCs specifically man-mark the opposition's 2 MCs. When facing a 4-2-3-1, my midfield 3 specifically man-marks their midfield 3. The only time I didn't use specific man-marking was when facing PSG with their 4-3-2-1 narrow formation.

As for Messi, IMO he is best in the ST position as Trequartista.

Long haul or not, you do not need Kovacic, Wellington Nem and Neymar, as you have Thiago, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Tello and Deulofeu as talents to develop in the club already.

In addition to Dongou in the under 19s, you also have Samper and Grimaldo. All my youngsters are developing well for me on my save. Focus on finding regens. The only new player needed is a young talented back-up for GK who can eventually take over from Valdes. I've bought Bernd Leno and I'm happy with him.

BTW, playing with Barca on FM is not like playing with most other teams. You don't need to buy players like crazy, even though you have enough money to buy whomever you want.

Kovacic and Nem are more sentimental purchases more than anything.

Kovacic is the only one of the three I will be purchasing anyway.

I am sceptical about Samper and Grimaldo but will try to get the best from them none the less

I played my first match with Wing Backs rather than Full Backs, opposition didnt create much at all.

A problem I am having is distinguishing width in individual players.

I want my inside forwards to play more narrow, whilst I want the full backs to hug the sides of the pitch.

My problem is with the width setting. They always seem to be on top of each other.

If I set it narrow, both are narrow, if I set it wide, both are wide.

If I leave it in the middle, neither is doing what I want of them.

Kovacic and Nem are more sentimental purchases more than anything.

Kovacic is the only one of the three I will be purchasing anyway.

I am sceptical about Samper and Grimaldo but will try to get the best from them none the less

I played my first match with Wing Backs rather than Full Backs, opposition didnt create much at all.

A problem I am having is distinguishing width in individual players.

I want my inside forwards to play more narrow, whilst I want the full backs to hug the sides of the pitch.

My problem is with the width setting. They always seem to be on top of each other.

If I set it narrow, both are narrow, if I set it wide, both are wide.

If I leave it in the middle, neither is doing what I want of them.

Why is Kovacic a sentimental purchase? I'm not sure how much you are going to play him since you have Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago for rotation in the 2 MC positions. Plus, isn't Kovacic better (natural) at AMC?

Samper I think has random attributes and his potential is also a random one, so on some saves he may be more promising than on others. On my save he is promising and developing very well in my under 19s. I think I will promote him in my 3rd season, depending on how Xavi is aging. Grimaldo I think has more permanent attributes although he also has random PA. Use tutoring for him. I've used Alba to tutor him, twice. IRL, both Samper and Grimaldo are probably the most promising youngsters at Barca.

When you say you used Wingbacks rather than Fullbacks in your first game, do you mean the role or the position? If you want your Wingbacks to hug the touchline then instruct them to do so by setting their wide play to "hug touchline". Then make sure your Winger/Inside Forwards have wide play set as "cuts inside" (if they have that PPM even better, Pedro has it) and you use narrow width in your team instructions.

Got my game started and i'm ready for the first game of the season now! Unsure what people will make of this signing, but I've picked up Leonard Kwueke to play alongside David Villa and Alexis Sanchez in attack and i've also picked up Patrice Evra for just £2mil up front and 7mil over 48 months. I felt that the chance to sign Evra was too good to turn down and it gives me several options at left back now depending on my tactics I'm using at the time.

I may look to sell Adriano and look to promote Alex Grimaldo... Any advice there?

I'm currently looking to sell Pedro and Isaac Cuenca because I don't use wingers.

Going to carry on my tradition of playing a Barcelona save on every FM since 2007! Loading up 47,000 players so this should be real interesting :)

Only question i've got is, Messi as a CAM or a ST? I have potentially 3 striker spots and 1 cam spot...

I've already said it but want to repeat it in case you've missed it. IMO Messi is best as ST. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use him as AMC.

Got my game started and i'm ready for the first game of the season now! Unsure what people will make of this signing, but I've picked up Leonard Kwueke to play alongside David Villa and Alexis Sanchez in attack and i've also picked up Patrice Evra for just £2mil up front and 7mil over 48 months. I felt that the chance to sign Evra was too good to turn down and it gives me several options at left back now depending on my tactics I'm using at the time.

I may look to sell Adriano and look to promote Alex Grimaldo... Any advice there?

I'm currently looking to sell Pedro and Isaac Cuenca because I don't use wingers.

For the LB position you start with Alba, Adriano and Muniesa...not sure Evra is needed even if you can get him for free. Grimaldo has potential but not sure if he is ready in the first season to be part of the first team. How much is going to play? At least make him available for the under 19s.

I agree about Cuenca. I've sent him to play in the B team on my save. I prefer Tello. If you are using 3 STs, you can retrain Tello, Pedro and Deulofeu for that position. Don't forget you also have Dongou in the under 19s.

But if you are using 3 STs + 1 AMC, then how is the rest of the team set up? Where are you going to use Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago and Xavi?

Hi all looking for abit of advice after being directed here by a mod.

Basically im about to go into my third season. Iniesta has demanded to leave because hes won everything he can. Thiago has developed into a similar player anyways and was pushing him out of the team so i agreed to let him leave. Awaiting on the 2nd season ending at the moment to give confirmed budgets, although I already have a deal in place which sees Iniesta move to PSG for £20mil and i have £8mil left over from 2nd seasons budget. Really looking on advice for a good back up for a CM using the AP(s) role. Where Iniesta and Thiago play.

Secondly Xavi is now passed it. I've already got him as a player/coach and will let him see his contract out. But simply he isn't offering cover to the quality i need due to a few injuries hes had. Hes now a sub-par back up for Busquets in a CM DLP(d) role. I have a 4.5star potential regen comming through but given the mentality of my players further forward I need experiance in this role. Busquets i find to be rather inconsistent.

So basically I'm looking to replace two of the best midfield players for a 4-2-3-1 formation for as cheap as possible. I say cheap because i signed Muniain, Neymar and Falcao on 48 month deals overpaying for all 3. Meaning even though I'm going to have a budget I wouldn't expect it to be much more than £30mil. I also sold alot of players last year to allow those moves. With me not using wingers it allowed me to sell the more wing based players.

Basically im about to go into my third season. Iniesta has demanded to leave because hes won everything he can. Thiago has developed into a similar player anyways and was pushing him out of the team so i agreed to let him leave. Awaiting on the 2nd season ending at the moment to give confirmed budgets, although I already have a deal in place which sees Iniesta move to PSG for £20mil and i have £8mil left over from 2nd seasons budget. Really looking on advice for a good back up for a CM using the AP(s) role. Where Iniesta and Thiago play.

Secondly Xavi is now passed it. I've already got him as a player/coach and will let him see his contract out. But simply he isn't offering cover to the quality i need due to a few injuries hes had. Hes now a sub-par back up for Busquets in a CM DLP(d) role. I have a 4.5star potential regen comming through but given the mentality of my players further forward I need experiance in this role. Busquets i find to be rather inconsistent.

So basically I'm looking to replace two of the best midfield players for a 4-2-3-1 formation for as cheap as possible. I say cheap because i signed Muniain, Neymar and Falcao on 48 month deals overpaying for all 3. Meaning even though I'm going to have a budget I wouldn't expect it to be much more than £30mil. I also sold alot of players last year to allow those moves. With me not using wingers it allowed me to sell the more wing based players.

Jack Wilshere. The new Fabregas

What about Fabregas?

Ever Banega as a Xavi replacement? Been looking into him anyway.

Possibly a good shout thanks.

Jack Wilshere. The new Fabregas

Without wanting to sound like I'm turning down advice. I looked at Wilshire last season, but signed Gotze instead for Fabregas long term replacement. The reason why I decided on that was I play Cesc further forward alongside Neymar and Messi. I felt he offered more to the team there and Gotze seemed to be much more developed for that role. Although I did meet Wilshire and Arsenal in the Champions League this season and being honest they did impress me. Expessially at the Emirates. I jus't don't want to bring another player in to replace Cesc in an Attacking Midfielder role when i have Gotze, Munian, Messi, Neymar and Cesc fighting for those spots. I also got a very good regen in the intakes last year for that role too.

The role I really need was further back to play in the holding midfield area. I use AP(s) next to a DLP(d) behind my attacking 3 mids. Thiago has taken to this role brilliantly but without Xavi and Iniesta i have literally no back up here. I know I could move Busquets across using Banega or whoever else to replace Xavi in the DLP role but honestly i have no faith in Busquets. Kind of regretting selling Song now. :(

What about Fabregas?

I just seen this post. I play Fabregas further forward rotating with Gotze along side Messi and Neymar or Muniain. Other wise Cesc would have been ideal. I just feel in the system i play he is wasted where i put Iniesta and where i felt Iniesta offered the best support. And i really don't think putting him in the DLP role would suit.

Just finnished that season winning the Champions league boosted my budget but had to bring in a back up keeper costing £5mil. Let my DoF handle all that he was worth £6.5mil so got a good deal on a pretty decent keeper. (Vicente Guaita)

Ontop of that I still have £49m in the kitty to replace Iniesta and Xavi. Xavi still has a season under contract but isn't at a level suffice to cope with what we need. I'm currently in talks with Betis about Ander Herrera who according to my scouts wants to play in that exact role. He had the highest Key passes in BBVA last season with nearly double that of Messi in second. He also had 1 goal every 2 games. However doesn't seem like hes going to be cheap. Also tried for Fellani after agreeing a price with Man Utd but he refused to enter into talks.

I am also going to have to look at replacing Macerano as he;s now into his 30's but his tackling and positioning are pretty much blitzing most other defenders. Puyol was moved onto coaching only last year too, so in much need of defenders. Brought Hummels in to fill the gap but he doesn't seem good enough.

It's time for a big restructuring of my backroom staff in January. I'm going to go out there and search for the very best in every field. Aiming to get at least 4 stars on every field. Also want to buy some young prospects and perhaps one or two big star signings. It's time for some fresh air. :)

It's time for a big restructuring of my backroom staff in January. I'm going to go out there and search for the very best in every field. Aiming to get at least 4 stars on every field. Also want to buy some young prospects and perhaps one or two big star signings. It's time for some fresh air. :)

Xavi gets 4 star ball control in mine. Valdes gets 4 star keepers. And Puyol gets 4.5 stars defence. I know thats kind of random but saves paying out compensation.

I just seen this post. I play Fabregas further forward rotating with Gotze along side Messi and Neymar or Muniain. Other wise Cesc would have been ideal. I just feel in the system i play he is wasted where i put Iniesta and where i felt Iniesta offered the best support. And i really don't think putting him in the DLP role would suit.

Just finnished that season winning the Champions league boosted my budget but had to bring in a back up keeper costing £5mil. Let my DoF handle all that he was worth £6.5mil so got a good deal on a pretty decent keeper. (Vicente Guaita)

Ontop of that I still have £49m in the kitty to replace Iniesta and Xavi. Xavi still has a season under contract but isn't at a level suffice to cope with what we need. I'm currently in talks with Betis about Ander Herrera who according to my scouts wants to play in that exact role. He had the highest Key passes in BBVA last season with nearly double that of Messi in second. He also had 1 goal every 2 games. However doesn't seem like hes going to be cheap. Also tried for Fellani after agreeing a price with Man Utd but he refused to enter into talks.

I am also going to have to look at replacing Macerano as he;s now into his 30's but his tackling and positioning are pretty much blitzing most other defenders. Puyol was moved onto coaching only last year too, so in much need of defenders. Brought Hummels in to fill the gap but he doesn't seem good enough.

It seems to me like you haven't developed any of the Barca's youth talents - Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Rafinha, Samper. You should've developed them, with training, tutoring, first team experiences or loaning them out.

The same can be said pretty much about your defense. There are talented youngsters like Bartra, Muniesa, Montoya. Even Sergi Gomes can be seen with high potential in some saves. Kurt Zouma is someone you can buy as he develops amazingly once you have him at a young age.

To be honest, it is hard for me to recommend you signings because I rarely sign anyone. I rely mostly on what's in the club already and after a while I just focus on regens, at least that's what I did on many saves on FM12. So far on FM13, I'm only in my 2nd season, but I pretty much run my Barca the same way and do not bother looking to buy many players.

This year I really like all the players Barca starts with and see absolutely no reasons to buy or sell too many.

Well I was managing Granada and got offered the Barca job at the beginning of the third season which I've accepted (still have the granada save before I accepted the barca job too).

The squad I've inherited is as follows:

GK:- Valdes, Ospina

RB: Montoya, Alves
CB: Pique, Puyol, Bartra, Mascherano
LB: Alba, Grimaldo

CM: Busquets, Xavi, Dos Santos, Thiago, Iniesta, Fabregas, Song
RM: Sanchez, Pedro, Deulofeu

ST: Messi, Falcao

At the moment I have a £70M transfer budget, was thinking of offloading Sanchez, Pedro, Deulofeu, Falcao for a bit more.

Then playing a 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs. The centre CAM being a treq may bring in Suarez for that role playing behind Messi and have those 2 swapping positions during games. Thoughts?

2af0615.png

That is poor Sergi Samper looks like hes been ruined, think he is salvageable?

It seems to me like you haven't developed any of the Barca's youth talents - Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Rafinha, Samper. You should've developed them, with training, tutoring, first team experiences or loaning them out.

The same can be said pretty much about your defense. There are talented youngsters like Bartra, Muniesa, Montoya. Even Sergi Gomes can be seen with high potential in some saves. Kurt Zouma is someone you can buy as he develops amazingly once you have him at a young age.

To be honest, it is hard for me to recommend you signings because I rarely sign anyone. I rely mostly on what's in the club already and after a while I just focus on regens, at least that's what I did on many saves on FM12. So far on FM13, I'm only in my 2nd season, but I pretty much run my Barca the same way and do not bother looking to buy many players.

This year I really like all the players Barca starts with and see absolutely no reasons to buy or sell too many.

I've developed Montoya as i fell out with Dani Alves. Thiago and Busquets are first team now too. Although they are all pretty close. I wasn't convinced Montoya was fully equipped for replacing Alves so i brought in Danilo and re-trained Montoya to play right and left back giving me a solid strong back up. Dongou is also my back up striker for Falcao and is starting to develop

I started my save to create a "dream team" and being honest i didn't think I'd get fully into it. I gave the B team manager permission to buy and sell players, expecting him to sign players and keep the talent we had. Didn't account for him selling some good players. I have on 4.5* regen comming through getting first team football and learning off Messi at the moment, and I decided to promote the Regen i bought into the DLP role. Conceading a few more now but he's also 4.5* potential according to my staff so pretty thrilled about that. Ter Stegen has now taken Valdes first team place and is developing at a rapid rate.

I probably didn't develop the previous youngsters but as i said i started this out to have a dream team, all the wrong reasons, and i really got into this. Wanting to prolong this now.

Well I was managing Granada and got offered the Barca job at the beginning of the third season which I've accepted (still have the granada save before I accepted the barca job too).

The squad I've inherited is as follows:

GK:- Valdes, Ospina

RB: Montoya, Alves
CB: Pique, Puyol, Bartra, Mascherano
LB: Alba, Grimaldo

CM: Busquets, Xavi, Dos Santos, Thiago, Iniesta, Fabregas, Song
RM: Sanchez, Pedro, Deulofeu

ST: Messi, Falcao

At the moment I have a £70M transfer budget, was thinking of offloading Sanchez, Pedro, Deulofeu, Falcao for a bit more.

Then playing a 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs. The centre CAM being a treq may bring in Suarez for that role playing behind Messi and have those 2 swapping positions during games. Thoughts?

2af0615.png

That is poor Sergi Samper looks like hes been ruined, think he is salvageable?

My thoughts are that you should play a regular 4231 with wingers and keep the players you are thinking of selling. Since you are taking over in the beginning of the 3rd season, I suspect that Puyol is past it and perhaps Xavi is too. You already have replacement for Xavi - Thiago with Dos Santos as his back-up (check Sergi Roberto if he is still around). Busquets and Song can rotate in the other CM position. For Puyol's replacement Bartra should do, but you can also check out where is Muniesa or could try to buy Kurt Zouma wherever he is.

I would lineup like this:

GK - Valdes

DR - Montoya

DL - Alba

DC - Pique and Mascherano

MCd - Busquets/Song

MCa - Thiago/Xavi/Dos Santos

AMR - Sanchez/Pedro

AMC - Fabregas/Messi

AML - Iniesta/Deulofeu

ST - Messi/Falcao

Suggest to Puyol and Xavi a coaching role and keep them around. The latter should still be able to play decent back-up. If you spend money it should be on defense.

BTW, Samper looks bad on your save. But he is hit or miss due to the randomness of his attributes and PA. I lucked out and he is developing fine on mine.

I've developed Montoya as i fell out with Dani Alves. Thiago and Busquets are first team now too. Although they are all pretty close. I wasn't convinced Montoya was fully equipped for replacing Alves so i brought in Danilo and re-trained Montoya to play right and left back giving me a solid strong back up. Dongou is also my back up striker for Falcao and is starting to develop

I started my save to create a "dream team" and being honest i didn't think I'd get fully into it. I gave the B team manager permission to buy and sell players, expecting him to sign players and keep the talent we had. Didn't account for him selling some good players. I have on 4.5* regen comming through getting first team football and learning off Messi at the moment, and I decided to promote the Regen i bought into the DLP role. Conceading a few more now but he's also 4.5* potential according to my staff so pretty thrilled about that. Ter Stegen has now taken Valdes first team place and is developing at a rapid rate.

I probably didn't develop the previous youngsters but as i said i started this out to have a dream team, all the wrong reasons, and i really got into this. Wanting to prolong this now.

I understand, but Barca already has a "Dream Team". You can buy a young top class GK for the future like ter Stegen or Leno, you can replace Puyol with Hummels and you can replace Villa with Neymar. Beyond that I don't see the need to sell and buy too much. I think it's more fun to develop the youngsters and buy more future young stars who you can develop.

I understand, but Barca already has a "Dream Team". You can buy a young top class GK for the future like ter Stegen or Leno, you can replace Puyol with Hummels and you can replace Villa with Neymar. Beyond that I don't see the need to sell and buy too much. I think it's more fun to develop the youngsters and buy more future young stars who you can develop.

I bought Ter Stegen in the January of first season and made him first team keeper in second season, he won goalie of the year. Definitely a good recommend. Only issue is he needs to learn Spannish still. I did have Hummels but he kept moaning about not getting in over Mascerano and Pique who performed better so i sold him to Bayern and my DoF brought in an Argentinian (can't mind his name) who performs better. I also brought in a Spannish defender from a german side (again i can't remember his name) when the B team sold Barta.

As you said your right i didn't need to sign half the players i did, but i had the save for different reasons to most. I was always transfer market crazy rather than a youth developer.

Not to forget, this is Barcelona, and this is a computer game. You can have all the fun buying whoever you want, basically, and if it works, you can't be blamed for anything. :)

My record is pretty strong. Half way through third season and i think the only thing I've not got a 100% (i mean in terms of actually winning the cup/league not in game win ratio) win rate in is the European Super cup. I lost playing mostly youth second season v Dortmund.

One thing I'd like to recommend to anyone however. Liverpool became super strong on my game and in the January of the third season i snapped up Lucas from them to fill my DLP problem. He's not the greatest player in the world but he's literally fitted into my system perfect and really compliments the team. He cost a blooming fortune 3rd season but his rep had boosted loads and liverpool was a much stronger team. I'd imagine earlier on in the game you could pick him up much cheaper.

Archived