FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quadruple! CL, Prem, World Club and Super Cup. I'm rocking now. CL final and the run up to it was easy.

(Edited to remove screenshots, photobucket is playing silly buggers with the sizes)

Big changes over the summer though. Sold Tiote for €30M, Isco for €27M, Clyne for €20M, Spearing for €9M, Binder for €10M let Collo go on a free at the end of his contract as he was just too slow. Ameobi finally retired. Brought in a bunch of younger, cheaper replacements including my big spend Derek Petersen (€36M) who promptly pulled his hamstring in preseason and is out for months before playing a game :mad: Chez Hatch, Blackburn superkid who is already excellent at 19yrs old, joined for a potential €24M and €15M went on Antonio Conceiçao from Porto who looks amazing. Whole squad (apart from Perch, who I can't move) now has either 4 star for potential or are proven performers like Taylor. Lots of young talent coming through and a load of 5 star potential players bought with the rest of the transfer budget.

Might be a tricky season until all the kids settle in but should be exciting.

I have just had my biggest win on FM13 a nice 7-0 win over the SMB's at SJP :cool:.

nufc70safcseasonthree.jpg

It was 7-0 at half time and I was thinking we could get into double figures but i just didn't happen, as often is the case when you are so far in front at half time on FM.

Here is the video of the goals if anyone is interested.

[video=youtube;5c_IY7pfgTY]

I finished 4th first season, 4th again 2nd season with a UCL Semi and Fa Cup Final defeat! Hoping 3rd season i can end trophy drought with the signing of Javier Hernandez! Sold Arfa and Papiss after the first and second seasons respectively! Got AC back as 3rd choice local hero :) Nem and Borini as wide men in 4-2-3-1. Team has good balance but come end of this season I'll have some big decsions to make! I'm going to sell Collo as he will have a year left and be 33 so can get some money there just don't know if to sell Anita or not? Have a decent regen that has come through academy who i want to be playing first team football and i have a decent regen RB so Anita in CM would be back up so should i keep him as a back up there/RB or sell for the 20mil+?

myyear.png

Has to be my year surely?

Think my game is broken! As last year in knock out round i had Barce at Home won 5-2 lost away went through, Athletico won 4-0 lost away went through than Madrid won 5-2 at home lost away and went out in Semis!

This year in qualifier i lost away to Athletico but smashed them 6-0 at hom to go through than this first game in groups!

Do Spanish teams just not fancy St James Park?? :D

Got beat 3-1 away at the Bernabeu in the first leg of the Champions League quarter final. The team managed to pull off a fantastic result and performance to setup a semi-final match against my title rivals Man City.

newcastlevrmadridstatsm.png

That certainly softens the blow of losing in the FA Cup semi-final to Chelsea in between the tie.

I tend to find it hard at the very start of a season and at the end.. I find once im up to speed and on a good run of games I keep playing well during the year but the fixture congestion by the end of the season especially when your still in the fa cup, league and champions league play its toll along with the crazy high injuries the game seems to produce now after the last patch.

is it not because of Ba and cisse and tiote being at the african nations durign Jan thats throwing your team off.?

Nope. I lost Ba to Benfica right at the start and Cisse is still in my squad. The players just seem to have gone completely useless. Defenders run away from the ball and players just blast the ball up the field even when they are set to short passing and there is plenty of space and options around them. God knows what is happening. Only since January this has been going on, everything was fine before that.

So lads, after sackings on numerous saves I have started a Newcastle save.

Chose Newcastle for the 'capable' defence and the finance/assets to restructure quickly.

First thing to do was give Ba a new contract. Then, some restructuring.

fmnewc.png

fmnewc2.png

So far FM13 has been hell for me. Found all previous FMs simples but this one, just cant. Concede from every cross, defenders do not track. Midfielders turning and playing the ball backwards to much. Not creating clear cut chances.. etc.

Im going to try play a narrow 4-2-3-1 split into broad units 6 defensive players whilst the others mix it up further up the pitch.

Just qualified for the Champions League after finishing 4th, it's a massive improvement on my 11th in the first season. Got rid of my wide midfielders ie. Obertan and Jonas as im playing a 4231 and just bought Isco for £26m. He better be worth it.

Nope. I lost Ba to Benfica right at the start and Cisse is still in my squad. The players just seem to have gone completely useless. Defenders run away from the ball and players just blast the ball up the field even when they are set to short passing and there is plenty of space and options around them. God knows what is happening. Only since January this has been going on, everything was fine before that.

hmmmm interesting... i'm not sure then... I tend to find the mid season to be quite easy.

Just qualified for the Champions League after finishing 4th' date=' it's a massive improvement on my 11th in the first season. Got rid of my wide midfielders ie. Obertan and Jonas as im playing a 4231 and just bought Isco for £26m. He better be worth it.[/quote']

Yep isco is worth it. I think I paid 26m for him as well.

Just had this message in my inbox.

nufcconsortiumtargetsta.jpg

It couldn't of come at a worse time though, with us now under a transfer embargo with only four days of the January transfer window left.

EDIT: It has fell through, after only a day, Mike Ashley proving yet again that he's tough to do business with.

Alberto Paloschi :p Cracking freebie, great poacher, brilliant tutor. Starts about 10 games a season for me, always moaning about lack of games, being transfer listed ect. Always scores for me when neeed.

Ademilson's rotting in my reserves :( Can't get him out on loan, and can' find a buyer.

Anyone got any suggests of a great tutor for Ademilson? Preferably cheap, dont mind if there old because I dont plan on them being anything more than a tutor/backup player

Check Mamady Sidibe, he is 32, 20 determination and his personality is professional, I have him tutoring Campbell in the first season. I already had Cisse tutor Ademilson at that point, so I don't know if he will be able to tutor him.

Thanks.

Eventful season so far. Sitting 5th at the start of December after rocketing up the table from 16th.

Straight out of the Capital One Cup & Europa League. Ridiculous results, going from absolutely smashing Swansea to letting in 14 goals in the next 5 games.

Fantastic run after that

The 2 noticeable points so far are..

Spurs game. Switched from a narrow 4-2-3-1 to a wide one (LR instead of 3 AMs) We put in a good shift and are ball play looks more convincing, although not killer.

The turnaround. Just before the West Brom game I made the inside forwards more attacking. This literally kick-started my season.

turnaroundu.png

turnaround1.png

Some good link up play by Adryan and whoever is playing up front (rotates between Ba, Cisse and Ademilson, all are in-form!)

Would like a little more defensive cover and playmaking by Cabaye.

Still conceding a lot of goals from crosses and through balls. Defenders just wont cope.

turnaround2.png

Transfers In

Adryan - Most consistent performer out of those I bought.

Nem - Blowing hot and cold but supplying and scoring goals

Kovavic - Pretty poor now out injured.

Ademilson - Great buy, proper poacher, scored 50% of his shots on goal

Maher - Out on loan, Udinese arnt even using him, although they said they would, frustrating, would like to call him back but dont know how

Managed to beat Man City away 4-2 in that league match by playing my 4-6-0 and with Ben Arfa being the focal point of the attack he managed to score twice and assist one too. So now I just need a point against Spurs at home to secure the league title.

As I qualified for Champions League, I invested a bit.

Isco - http://i46.tinypic.com/2znpyzp.png

Sterling - http://i47.tinypic.com/spir09.png

McCarthy - http://i45.tinypic.com/2zr2af9.png

And then 3 new regens!

Biondi (cb) - http://i49.tinypic.com/2iuf3he.png

Grossi (st) - http://i49.tinypic.com/21oav0x.png

Austin (cm) - http://i47.tinypic.com/xljk80.png

Just blown my wage budget apart and signed a 33 year old Iniesta :saywhatnow:

...wishing I hadn't now, he's going to cost me sooooo much money.

...but he's Andreas Iniesta, he's worth it right? Doesn't matter if he's slow. Doesn't matter if he's earning Liberia's national deficit. Please tell me he's worth it :(

Defiantly going to have to keep hold of Tiote, poor old Andreas is going to need all the muscle he can get. Eyeing up Sandro and Bale from Spurs too, they both want out of Tottenham after they're not in Europe.

Was after Bastian Schwienstiger on a freebie too. But unless I can get him to play for magic beans and love alone I doubt he'll be arriving.

8230050613_c49df4a03d_c.jpg

8230235597_6627d442e8_b.jpg

Also signed this guy back in January.. £Freeeebie on another end of contract. He follows in the footsteps of Iker Munian, and Guiseppe Rossi on free transfers. Going to be retraining him to play center midfield.

8230494570_32e62f179b_b.jpg

Heres a quick overview of what went on in 2016/17...

Premier League - 4th Place

8230244377_e88e4471af_c.jpg

Some Transfers

8231307036_287cfc1c0b_c.jpg

Nemanja Vidic

Vidic will leave the club this summer after two great seasons. Initially brought him in with the view of getting a season at most out of him, but he's been a rock at the back for two campaigns now, and could easily go on for another season. I can't justify the demands he's wanting, £55K basic wage per week; really need to make room for him for a couple of youngsters into the first team.

Player of the Season (av. rating 7.59) - Reemie Streete

Stats wise other players will outshine him on paper, but consistant performances have kept in the side for long periods of the season - with stiff competition at center half with Steven Taylor, Salvatore Bocchetti, Kurt Zouma, and Nemanja Vidic.

Goalscorers

Adam Campbell; 32 in 42(2) [now has 113 goals for NUFC in 146 games, watch out Shearer!

Guissepe Rossi; 13

Mario Gotze; 9

Will post up another update at some point soon, have quite a few brilliant youngsters I'd like to show off - have perstered the board over recent years to make the academy pretty brilliant, so got the best youth intake I've ever had in an FM save this season.

Iniesta what a cracking signing Tommo, even if he is on a huge wage. I have also been looking at signing Caprari, if I do get him, I will retrain him to be able to play as a AMC.

I thought you would of won the league quite easily with the squad that you have managed to assemble, but at least you got that last Champions League spot as if you hadn't your finances would be seriously drained.

On the last Premier League game of the season, Adam Campbell has scored a marvellous six goals in our win over Norwich City at St. James' Park.

nufc60norwichseasonthre.jpg

campbellworshippedbyfan.jpg

I will do a end of season review sometime tomorrow as I cant be bothered to do one now, but yet again it was very close in the Premier League .

Toon adventure's over for me. I've accepted a job with Barcelona. Tito Vilanova went the other way and took over NUFC. And, obviously, we've drawn Newcastle in the first knockout round of the CL. I've brough over a lot of my staff and bought a few of the more talented kids. I may be back one day though, who knows.

How are you guys playing Adam Campbell? I'm giving him plenty of starts and appearances off the bench, but he's just not impressing. I want to stick with him because I've seen how well everyone else is doing with him, but when I've got Ademilson, Walcott and Jovetic that can all play upfront I'm starting to lose faith.

Got excited when the takeover was brought up and a local businessman could have cleared the debts. However, in reality he's just bought Ashley out and has said there will be no investment at this time. Slight benefit was that he increased the junior coaching, youth and training facilities after I asked and is looking for a feeder time to increase revenue.

How are you guys playing Adam Campbell? I'm giving him plenty of starts and appearances off the bench, but he's just not impressing. I want to stick with him because I've seen how well everyone else is doing with him, but when I've got Ademilson, Walcott and Jovetic that can all play upfront I'm starting to lose faith.

Got excited when the takeover was brought up and a local businessman could have cleared the debts. However, in reality he's just bought Ashley out and has said there will be no investment at this time. Slight benefit was that he increased the junior coaching, youth and training facilities after I asked and is looking for a feeder time to increase revenue.

Make sure you're tutoring him and make him train heavy on his positioning, composure, finishing and off the ball. I've just got took over too by a tycoon apparently, then he takes a £55m loan out :|

Although I've got ter Stegen and Belhanda coming on free's, I wouldnt have went for ter Stegen normally but Krul has been costing me so many games this season might have to look to offload him.

Iniesta what a cracking signing Tommo, even if he is on a huge wage. I have also been looking at signing Caprari, if I do get him, I will retrain him to be able to play as a AMC.

I thought you would of won the league quite easily with the squad that you have managed to assemble, but at least you got that last Champions League spot as if you hadn't your finances would be seriously drained.

Yeah, I thought I was going to win the league as well - I should have at least :( Been fiddling around with tactics all season, first part with a 3-5-2 and after christmas with a midfield diamond, and simply drew too many games to be within a shout.

Champions League was another disapointment. Breezed through the group stages, to be knocked out by PSG in the First Knockouts.

So far this summer I've recruited Bastian 'The Brain' Schweinstieger, and a Serbian regen that looks to be a wiz down the left side - a Serbian Roberto Carlos in the making.

Newcastle United Season 2014/15 Review.

Transfers.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Premier League Table.

We finished in second place this season but we finished only one point behind champions Manchester United.

nufcpremierleaguetable2.jpg

In The Cups.

nufccupresultsendofseas.jpg

The Squad.

nufcsquadendofseasonthr.jpg

The Star Man.

Adam Campbell has been in sensational form for me this season as you can see in the screenshot. Playing him in the Poacher role with a Attacking Midfielder or a Advanced Playmaker on Support duty behind him, he scored over a goal a game for us.

nufcadamcampbellendofth.jpg

The Future.

I have been like a kid in a sweet shop and I have already signed eight players on Bosman free transfers, players that I probably don't need but who I could make a quick profit on in six months time. One of the players I won't be selling is German International goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, who will battle Tim Krul for the Number one jersey.

With Liverpool getting relegated I will try and get some of there players on the cheap, Raheem Sterling and Joe Allen will be my main targets from them. I am also looking at trying to get Theo Walcott in from Arsenal, he only has a year on his contract left and he wants a new challenge so I will start the bidding low and slowly increase my offers until the Gunners agree to sell him.

Just started up a Newcastle save and so far I've incredibly unlucky with injuries in central midfield. I sign Anderson for £4.2M and soon after he gets injured in a pre-season game which rules him out for 3 months. Fast forward to our second game of the season and Yohan Cabaye goes off injured in a Europa League game against Dinamo Moscow, ruling him out for 5-6 weeks with a sprained ankle. Now I've just been told that Vurnon Anita will be out of action for 3 months after he came off injured against Everton. Fan f****** tastic :rolleyes:.

Just got ter Stegen on a free and can't even get rid of Krul who cost me so many games for even £10m :O

I signed him on a free transfer as well, I am very surprised that you have had no offers for Krul though :eek:. I haven't tried to sell Krul yet but in pre season he said he wanted a new challenge so I might sell him in the January transfer window if he's still unhappy.

Newcastle United: 2017/18 - Continued quest for European glory.

Transfers In

Andres Iniesta - £8.25M (Barcelona)

Aleksander Korac - £16.75M (Trabzonspor)

Bastian Schweinstieger -- £7M (Bayern Munich)

Sven Schwatz - £2.7m (Stuttgart)

Gianluca Caprara - Free (Pescara)

Marcel Schmelzer - £9M

Lucaz Pieszczek - £6.25M

Total - £50M

Plenty of comings and goings this summer. Caprari was the first to be signed, back in January on a end of contract. The big summer signing in terms of fee would be Korac, but the real headline grabber would be Andres Iniesta and maybe even Bastian Schweinsteiger too. My continued purge on Dortmund's playing squad continued this summer, after previously taking Gotze, Leitner and Bittencourt from them - this time it was late business in the window. I was going into the season short of options at wing back, on both sides; Korac, as you can see, a winger by trade, is in the process of being trained to play left wing back, and will be my star there sooner rather than later, but in the mean time I was short of options. My DOF had signed a deal for Łukasz Piszczek early on the window, but I canceled, not thinking that he'd be worth it, but on the final day I went back and signed him in the thinking that he's going to give quality needed for at least a season and can be moved on in a years time once Korac is trained up. Schmelzer was a signing brought to me by the DOF on the final hours of the window, and it seemed to be a good deal - so went for it - although not entirely sure of how many games he will see, or even if he will find room to be registered.

8239729108_7f3755c3a5_b.jpg

8238662495_8610dd1d24_b.jpg

8238661797_5c6c3351aa_b.jpg

8238662131_c2e6391465_b.jpg

8238663017_d9d8c339a8_b.jpg

Transfers Out

Fabrice Olinga - Released

Andre Ayew - £27M (Inter Milan)

Mehdi Abeid -- £6M (WBA)

Esteban Lopez - £5M (Watford)

Roland Aarons - Released

Sammy Ameobi - £8.75M (Arsenal)

Jak Alnwick - £3M (Watford)

Hatem Ben Arfa - £17.5M (Chelsea)

Total - £67M

Quite a few players at the club have been out on loan, and on the periphery for a long time, and was time to move them on and trim the playing squad. In another world, these players, ones that have been developed into Premier League players, would make up a large part of my side, but they just wouldn't have gotten enough game time. Andre Ayew had been played as a fullback, wing back and left midfielder for the previous seasons, and as I move to a use wingbacks and full backs and not wide midfielders, it was time to move him on - a great price was gained for a very good player, but one that was replaced in quality with the signing of Korac. HBA was sold near the end of the window as I realised that there was far too much competition for places in my midfield, and for the reason that I won't be playing with wingers he just wasn't going to play enough games to warrant another contract at the end of the season.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Plenty of options in this area, but after a string of bad performances last season from Krul, saw Butland become my number one. Reinhart was signed last season in January for £2.1M from Grasshoppers. Great potential, and top scout reports, I signed him thinking that I would immediatdly be able to loan him out for game time, but the stubborn German won't accept any deals set up. Won't accept loans from affiliates Crystal Palace, or Ipswich in the Championship, or BATE in Belarus or Brugge either - and when listed, no clubs come in for him. Sadler came into the U18s from the youth intake last season - currently being tutored by Krul, and has some good potential it would seem.

Jack Butland

Tim Krul

Jurgen Reinhardt

Conor Sadler

Defenders

Steven Taylor

Salvatore Bocchetti

Davide Santon

Marcel Schmelzer

Lukasz Piszcek

Reemie Streete

Kurt Zouma

William Dobson

Signed last summer for big money from West Ham, will be feature plenty this season, hoping he can improve upon his attacking side of his game.

Marcos

Signed 15/16 for £1M from Sau Paulo. Was out on loan in a struggling Ipswich side in the Championship, played 40 games and shone with a 7.18 rating.

Mark Metcalfe

Signed last summer for £600K from Motherwell, ruptured a cruciate early on in the season, so almost a season behind where he should be I think.

Martin Rae

Another big money signing from West Ham last year, along with Dobson. Due to Vidic being at the club, he couldn't really get a look in, so was loaned out to Swansea, playing 20 games in the Premier League with 7.31 rating.

Midfielders

Mario Gotze

Moritz Lietner

Chieck Tiote

Yohan Cabaye

Joe Allen

Leandro Bittencourt

Isco

Alan Dzagoev

Bastian Schweinstiger

Haris Vuckic

Adryan

Neto

£775K from Santos last summer, loaned out to Ipswich where he struggled, but more down to Ipswich having a poor season. This season at C.Palace, with Gareth Southgate who has a 20 working with youngsters - so hopefull he can have a better season, although may just be sold, as he seems to have a low PA, but should clear a good profit on my investment.

Andrew McClean

Youth intake end of last summer. Man City came calling to sign him on a pre-contract, so had to quickly offer him a pro-deal.

Lovro Sopic

DOF signing from Dinamo of Croatia for £775K. Don't have plans for him, but has great potential - have sent him to learn under Southgate at Palace this season.

Nicholas Parandelli

Signed as a 15 year old for £3.1M from Inter Milan last summer, who he arrived at from semi-pro Argentine side Club Deportivo Guarani Antonio Franco :saywhatnow:

Pau

Picked up from Barca last summer for a compensation fee of £1.1M.

Cameron Powell

Another potential star from last years fruitful youth intake.

Forwards

Adam Campbell

Giuseppe Rossi

Alberto Paloschi

Ademilson

Gianluca Caprara

Kris Collett

Jimmy Hazard

Joshua Duffy

All three of these guys seem to have the potential to play in the first team. Collett has been the latest to come through the academy, with Hazard and Duffy the year previous.

My quest to finally achieve Champions League glory this season was almost over before it had even began really. Due to a lackluster league showing last year, I had to qualify for the group stages, and Shaktar proved to be a match for the first 120 mins of the tie. 2-0 down after the first leg, a game that I played with four center backs, with Bocchetti and Taylor being fileded as the two full backs due to injuries - something that influenced me signing Dortmund's two wing backs. This meant that a large part of my system fell apart, neither of these two cold get forward in a 4-4-2 diamond and I pretty much had to defend for most of the game.

8239968770_e2d807155f_b.jpg

I didn't think the tie was over, as I knew I was more than capable of beating Shaktar 2-0, but them scoring worried me. Continued full back problems saw me play with a 3-5-2 system, with Korac at left wing back, and Leitner on the right. Neither of whom can play their. Fortunatly I was attacking and controlling the game for the most part, and they proved to give me great attacking width. Went in at half time 1-0 from a great Gotze dribble from inside his own half, and then proceded to take apart the Ukranian's late into the game and send myself through to the group stages where I've been handed Juventus, Benfica, and Klubi Sportiv Kastrioti Krujë (google tells me thier from Albania, but I guess you knew that anyway..)

8239968456_1497f2624c_b.jpg

Just got ter Stegen on a free and can't even get rid of Krul who cost me so many games for even £10m :O

I'm surprised about that. I got stegan for free and because I already had butland as a cover gk I sold Krul for £20m to PSG.

Quite simply the best Newcastle United guide I have seen. Absolutely top notch. Everything you need to know about the club, and just a joy to read. Well done.

I will be posting my first season progress soon, doing quite well.

Quite simply the best Newcastle United guide I have seen. Absolutely top notch. Everything you need to know about the club, and just a joy to read. Well done.

I will be posting my first season progress soon, doing quite well.

Many thanks, much appreciated :thup: Look forward to hear how you get on....

... just don't sell any stars first window :mad::p

Many thanks, much appreciated :thup: Look forward to hear how you get on....

... just don't sell any stars first window :mad::p

I sold enough to make around £22m, which in turn was used to strengthen the team. No stars sold, still have Cabaye, Santon, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ciss, Ba, Coloccini etc.

Nice. You can raise good money if needed from Jonas, and moving on the squad players. I've spent hundreds of millions in bringing in players, but have managed to balance to transfer balance by moving on players out.

Over the seasons I've moved on Ba, Cisse, Coloccini and most recently Ben Arfa - of the top of my head raising a good £50M from Ba, Cisse, and Ben Arfa.

Archived