ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nice prospects there benrollo - I take it that Turkey didn't work out either?

Braumiller - good solid season, can't believe the board would upgrade with attendances at that level :eek: Seems a bit odd to me...

Avangard Kursk currently sit 10th after 13 games, but I have two observations to make about Russia:

1: 5 (yes, FIVE) teams get relegated from the First Division - that means I have a 25% chance of relegation :(

2: The games are really packed into a short schedule; in just under two months we will have played 14 games, which to me seems a bit much? Especially when I'm relying on a 39 year old on the right wing....

The newly promoted teams change everytime you holiday or reload the game.

Do we know how random this is? I would guess the odds are skewed based on reputation? I keep getting the same few clubs in Germany: Worms, Trier, Kiel, Wuppertal, Großaspach, and one or two others.

Even after starting all over again from the beginning, I get the same pattern. Probably no hope of managing Berliner AK 07. Oh well, I guess I'll pick one of those and start after the beta patch this weekend.

Do we know how random this is? I would guess the odds are skewed based on reputation? I keep getting the same few clubs in Germany: Worms, Trier, Kiel, Wuppertal, Großaspach, and one or two others.

Even after starting all over again from the beginning, I get the same pattern. Probably no hope of managing Berliner AK 07. Oh well, I guess I'll pick one of those and start after the beta patch this weekend.

It is absolutely based on reputation, so the higher reputation teams will be promoted more often than lower reputation teams. Each reload will effectively roll the dice for you, so the more reloads the more chances of that tiny percentage chance happening and a low rep team gets promoted.

TWFL - Union Royale Namur - 2013/14

rbqez34spqk.jpg

League Table - We surpassed a lot of people's expectations but just didn't have it in us to push for promotion although it came down to the last few games for us to finally lose out. Something I didn't realise until halfway through the season was the concept of the three different periods where the winner of each period gets a promotion play-off spot which meant that I couldn't just finish 4th and hope for a play-off spot, the spot actually has to be won in some shape or form by coming top.

Squad - Thin squad but managed to keep going. Reindorf impressed along with Gasparotto, going to have trouble keeping a hold of them especially with us still being Semi-Pro.

Youth Intake - My bad, I forgot to take a photo at the time but here's one of the U19s. Signed them all of the Intake up out of desperation for more players as U19s were previously just greyed out players. Two got a tag and they were:

- Chassagne (YP01) - Coach Report. Solid prospect. Will probably replace starting RB soon considering he is shocking..

- Lallement (YP02) - Coach Report. Don't really need a winger but when they are being predicted as future Pro League standard then you've got to give them game time.

Transfers - Begeyn came in at start of the season as it was pre-arranged.

Next year's plan has to be top-half finish again and try and promote the two YPs that have come in and then go from there. Oh and turn Professional. That needs to be done sooner rather than later.

A little side note. When I was renewing my contract I had a negotiation with the board and I managed to squeeze in the Use Products of the Youth System or something similar to that, so hopefully they'll be more lenient in the future when it comes to upgrades etc..

After a holiday through Holland, WKE pop up as the only promoted team. SO here we go, another team predicted bottom, 18th this time, and a small squad to work with. HOwever, the two players from the island formerly known as the Netherland Antilles are full internationals representing their country in the Gold Cup. Hopefully they will play a big role in deciding our fate this year. The goal is survival, and I'm planning on taking a more conservative approach than I did in Germany.

It is absolutely based on reputation, so the higher reputation teams will be promoted more often than lower reputation teams.

Yeah, I think the latest patch screwed this up. Now I'm seeing literally nothing but reserve teams getting promoted in Germany. I think I'll report that as a bug and choose another nation entirely for now.

Just got my 3rd youth intake.

If I am going to complete this challenge it is going to be with 40 year olds......

Shocking. Do they even play football in central Belgium in this game? :D

Edit: My 39 year old Player/Coach just signed a new 2 yr deal. My 35 yr old back up DC is retiring, BIG gap about to appear....

No Eden Hazards then Braumiller :D

No anything! :o

And, these Belgian league rules are quaint until they bite you in the backside. I cannot believe I just came out on the wrong end of them just now..... Will put my write up together tonight or tomorrow morning.

(But I will say I really do like the overall rules, they are a fun twist and keep everyone involved - would definitely change the tiebreakers though.....)

If Karma exists in FM13 then I am due 16 Eden Hazards here soon in a youth intake :D

Ok, looking for some advice.

As I have whined about a few times, my youth intakes have been abysmal (3 intakes, no players over 2 stars for potential) and I am looking at how best to improve them. In comparison, in my FM12 adventure in this challenge I was already fielding a team nearly full of youths by this point.

My current facilities are;

* Youth training - Minimal

* Junior Coaching - Average (upgraded twice)

* Youth Recruitment - Basic (upgraded once)

Head of Youth Development

Current (has 1 month left on contract, so can let go if necessary)

Three options which Assistant Manager believes would join

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Current finances mean that I doubt upgrades are anywhere in the near future, so HOYD the best bet for upgrading my chances of a decent intake?

So, would you recommend changing my HOYD?

Anything else I should check that I might have missed as being relevant to my youth intake?

id prob say the belgian guy he looks good for a hoyd. i think id like good working with youngsters, and good spotting potential. high mental attributes like discipline and determination would be a bonus. But I think ultimately you're at the mercy of the game until ur reputation is higher and you've got better youth recruitment.

I'd agree with aldojags that Option 1 is the best of the three, but your current HOYD should be good enough to bring through some decent youth. How long have you had him in the post?

July 2014, he has been here for two intakes. First one was after 8 months in the role, the second after 20 months in the role.

July 2014, he has been here for two intakes. First one was after 8 months in the role, the second after 20 months in the role.

Definitely had his chance then - I'd replace him with Option 1 for the next year and see what happens. If he'd only had one year I'd be inclined to give him another chance, but I'm soft like that :)

OK, I'm using a save from the first version of the beta (everything set up carefully and correctly), and I've taken over at Holstein Kiel. Here's my profile.

There was a transfer already arranged for Sergej Karimov, which I can't cancel.

Senior Squad - Facilities

Youth Squad - Not great, but could be worse.

• Niels Tornieporth - Might develop into a decent striker, but that work rate is awful.
  • Jonathan Kunze - Looks more promising. I don't have many defenders at the club, so he'll get some game time.

I'll report back after the first season. My minimum expectation is to avoid relegation, and I have some headroom in the wage budget to renew some expiring contracts, so I think I'll manage to avoid the sack.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim_0.gif

XaW - SVW Mannheim - 3. Fußball Liga - 2013/14

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

A very tough season, but we stood tall and survived. I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that I haven't been able to play any of my youth players this season. I don't know why, but I suspect some rule about minimum age for playing at professional level. Still, one of my youths have turned 16 and are still unable to play even after getting registered to play. I hope they are eligible next season. The season started out good as we got a couple of wins, but then we hit a drop in form and managed only one win in 15 games. We managed to get quite a number of draws in there, but we needed more as we were dropping into the relegation zone. In the last match before the winter break we finally got a win and a good feeling into the break. A little tinkering with the tactics during the training matches we started out in the second part of the season and played better. We still lost quite a number of matches, but we usually challenge for the win. In the end we finished in a decent 15th place, 10 points away from the relegation zone and a decent first season for me.

I thought we played in some form of cup this season, but apparently not. This meant no big clubs visiting and no help for the finances. We are losing money rapidly and I hope we can increase our attendances next season to help this out.

Youth Intake:

Our youth intake this season was just amazing! And loads of players got YP-tags.

Players from the starting season:

João Paulo (YP0a) - Would love to have given him some matches this season, but league regulations stopped me. Hopefully I can use him next season. Great season for our U19 team.

Federico Gómez (YP0b) - Decent season for the youth team, seem to progressing good.

Bastian Kohler (YP0c) - Quite injured this season, seemed to have stopped some of his progression. Hope he can improve this season.

Vito Libertini (YP0d) - Played well on the youth team, but need to progress more to stake a claim for first team football.

Robert Huber (YP0e) - Progressing well, but need to buff up.

New youth players:

Bruno Russo (YP1a) - Report - Promising defender. Can play with either feet so I guess his stats are a bit hampered by that.

Heniz Höferth (YP1b) - Report - Great mental stats, but need work on the physical department.

Felix Schuler (YP1c) - Report - We need a good left back and he might be what we need in a couple of years.

Admir Plojovic (YP1d) - Report - Now this guy I'm excited about. Those stats on a 14 year old!

Hans Veiß (YP1e) - Report - We don't have too many central midfielders, so this guy should come in handy.

Eugen Henel (YP1f) - Report - Another one I'm very excited about. Will get games as soon as the regulations allow. Also potential Bundesliga player!

Florian Wagner (YP1g) - Report - Decent talent, could be useful.

Fuat Yilmaz (YP1h) - Report - Could become a decent striker if he keeps progressing.

Bastian Krämer (YP1i) - Report - We need goalkeepers so this guy could be usefull.

Andy Behrend (YP1j) - Report - Could be a good central defender soon. Nice stats.

Pierangelo Varacalli (YP1k) - Report - Could be a good winger, but it remains to be seen.

Andreas Bauer (YP1l) - Report - Unsure of this guy, but included him anyway.

In summary; a great intake that should help us out tremendously the next couple of seasons.

Xav, nice season and holy crap that is one hell of a youth intake. The future looks fantastic!

I will put $10 on the fact that your Head of Youth Development's coaching style is 'Defending'? :)

How did you know? :p Here's Maik Littmanns profile.

xaw I really like the look of henel and plojovic.

So does your hoyd's coaching style etc directly influence the yth intake? Makes sense that it does but I haven't seen this said anywhere else. I just chose mines based on judging potential! I cant get anyone with any decent coaching attributes need to wait til i climb the leagues a bit until i get a better one!

So does your hoyd's coaching style etc directly influence the yth intake? Makes sense that it does but I haven't seen this said anywhere else. I just chose mines based on judging potential! I cant get anyone with any decent coaching attributes need to wait til i climb the leagues a bit until i get a better one!

I'm not completely sure how it's worked out, but looking at my intake I would think it affects it. I pick mine from "Working with youngsters" and judging potential and ability.

Btw, seems like I need to wait another season to use most of the youth players as I think you need to be 17 to play in Germany.

Btw, seems like I need to wait another season to use most of the youth players as I think you need to be 17 to play in Germany.

Yeah. If you look at their contract info, you'll see they've agreed to sign a professional contract on their 17th birthday.

And DFB-Pokal qualification rules are a bit strange. Basically, most of the 3. Liga clubs would need to qualify through regional cups that don't exist in the game. They don't even exist in most database edits that include German lower leagues, because they're too complicated to set up properly.

I read somewhere on these forums (I think it was Cleon on a tactics thread) that the HoYD's coaching can influence the intake

Damn, the league is close this season. Played 20 games, out of 38, and only 10 points from 1st to 16th! I'm in the middle of that bunch. Finally given a YP his first game though as he just turned 17. Looking forward to next season as I might be able to give Paulo some matches.

Fun fact: Harry Redknapp was just appointed as manager of FC Bayern! :rolleyes:

evlogo.gif

Excelsior Veldwezelt

Season 3 Review (2015-16)

Season 3 (2015-16)

Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster season on the field.

First things first, pretty much nothing happened off the field. The board were not able to finance any facility improvements and the backroom staff are settled for now.

On the field we set out with a safe mid table finish in sight.

After a fairly slow start, we hit gear and in a VERY close and competitive league we managed to play very nicely.

Belgian League 2 offers one automatic promotion for the 1st placed team, and then a 4 team play-off for the 2nd promotion spot. Those four places go to the 2nd from bottom team in the top division (they get to fight to save their place) and 3 teams from League 2. Those three teams are for the top team in each of the 3 phases of the league. Phase 1 is the first 10 games, phase 2 is games 11-22 and phase 3 is games 23-34. If the league winner wins any of the phases the spot goes to the next best finisher in the overall league. The same goes for any team who wins multiple phases.

Why am I sharing this? Because I very much enjoy the set-up and our end to the season was very harsh.

Phase 1

Phase 2

Phase 3

Final League Table

So we finished 3rd, but only after losing to Mons away on the final day of the season which meant they leapfrogged us into 2nd (due to Belgian tie breaker rules being 1st number of wins and then goal difference - they had won 1 more game than me).

League winners Waasland-Beveren won one of the phases, so their playoff spot went to Mons.

So we missed out on a play-off spot on the last day of the season......

Mons then went on to win the play-off and were promoted!

Heartbreaker.

Youth Intake

Abysmal again.

Although the core of my team are aged from 22-27, there are a couple of key players who are now beginning to decline.

I fear we have 1 to 2 more years of overachieving and possibly sneaking in something special, before the decline sets in.

We are also still dangerously thin and are very susceptible to an injury crisis.

Screenshots

Finances

League Positions

Season Ending Squad Stats

Transfers

XaW - SVW Mannheim - 3. Fußball Liga - 2014/15

A much better season than last year and we very close to a promotion. Even though we didn't exactly challenged for it, we did much better than I would have expected before the season started. Finally a couple of players were old enough to be in the match squad and next season should feature even more. The season started very good as we won the first two matches before we lost a couple and that pretty much sums up the season. We had a couple of great runs, including going 9 games without a loss. But we went straight into a run of 6 matches without a win. We need to get more consistency in our games, but I guess that won't happen when I start putting on 17 year olds on a regular basis. I'm very hopeful for the next season as our youngsters should become available continuously throughout next season and that might be the push we need to get promoted. Still, that's a hope and I'll be more than happy if we can do as well next season as we did in this one.

Still no cup play for us and still poor finances. I'm longing for better youth facilities, but I doubt we'll improve while our finances are as poor as they are at the moment. The board as asking me to get some more income from player sales, but I can't really see we got any players who can bring in the big cash just yet.

Youth intake:

Another brilliant youth intake. Lovin' it!

Initial youngsters:

João Paulo (YP0a) - Very talented youngster who'll get some matches next season. Got injured quite a bit this season and that might have hampered his development some.

Federico Gómez (YP0b) - Very promising defender, should get some games and might impress.

Bastian Kohler (YP0c) - Disappointing, need to step up to have hopes of playing.

Vito Libertini (YP0d) - Not developed as I had hoped, but still have time to impress.

Robert Huber (YP0e) - First player to get some matches and have even scored some goals. Looking forward to see how he progresses next season.

Intake 1:

Bruno Russo (YP1a) - Loads of injuries this season. Hopefully he'll have a better progression next season.

Heniz Höferth (YP1b) - Doing well and working on his physical stats.

Felix Schuler (YP1c) - Very promising! Should be good enough for the first team as soon as he is old enough.

Admir Plojovic (YP1d) - Really excited about him, but he won't be old enough before after next season. Played U19 matches for Bosnia & Herzegovina

Hans Veiß (YP1e) - Great mental stats, and improving the physical.

Eugen Henel (YP1f) - Will be available from January and will definitely get some game time.

Florian Wagner (YP1g) - Impresses the coaches in training and seem to do well.

Fuat Yilmaz (YP1h) - Not the best stats, but impressing the coaches in U19 matches. Progressing well enough.

Bastian Krämer (YP1i) - Doing good, soon better than both GKs I have.

Andy Behrend (YP1j) - Impressing in U19 matches and doing very good.

Pierangelo Varacalli (YP1k) - Progressing well.

Andreas Bauer (YP1l) - Not impressed, but still coming along.

New intake:

Sven Reith (YP2a) - Report - Good stats for a winger.

Prince Doudu (YP2b) - Report - Excited about this young striker. Looking like a great prospect.

Nikolay Gorbunov (YP2c) - Report - Another great midfielder. Should become a great asset.

Marvin Fießer (YP2d) - Report - Very promising left back.

Giorgos Karathanasis (YP2e) - Report - Struggling with his name, but a promising player never the less.

Felix Männel (YP2f) - Report - Good physical stats, but need much work to challenge for a spot in the first team.

Smaïla Tawali (YP2g) - Report - Decent left winger with decent stats for a youngster.

Senijad Salihovic (YP2h) - Report - Another promising defensive midfielder. Need to work on his strength, but a solid talent.

Marvin Wenzel (YP2i) - Report - Yet another defending midfielder, but this one is another talent.

We also have a couple of others who might make it, but they aren't good enough to warrant a YP tag just yet.

A very good season there, Braumiller! Very close to play-off, you'll make it next year! Unlucky with your youth intake again, but some time there's bound to come in some talents.

Going to give this a go again, tried starting a game for LLR's Euro Challenge but just couldn't get excited about signing players again, it's nowhere near as fun as hitting the continue button and playing the youth intake lottery.

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

Decided to go with Lewes in the Blue Square Bet South, since I completed the dafuge challenge with them in FM12 ... going to England means at least I shouldn't need charmap so much for names. 6 tiers should keep me busy for a while, hopefully this will be my only FM13 save. If I manage to get all the way and complete this challenge I intend to take on the national job and try to win a World Cup using only my youth players. Aim high I say! :lol:

Lewes starting facilities:

• Stadium: 3000 (550 seats)
  • Training Facilities: Adequate
  • Youth Facilities: Minimal (Rented)
  • Youth Setup Category: 0
  • Junior Coaching: Minimal
  • Youth Recruitment: Limited

The starting squad is pretty scary, looks like the weakest in the league. Depth will be a real concern, not sure how well they'll handle the mid week games that the English season throws at them. From last year's experience I know that the first few seasons are the hardest and I'd be lying if I said I was fully confident of survival.

And of course here's my manager profile as a Sunday League Footballer.

Good luck in England, Shakes. A positive note for you is that the age of most of your players seems low so your shouldn't struggle with too many retirements before the kids are old enough to play.

Looking @ starting this in Italy, the reset date is actually the 30th June not the 29th as listed above, but the difference between the NINE promoted sides is colossal.

You have teams like Foggia and Cosenza with 15k + stadia and 3/400k valued players and then teams worth 200k with rented facilities and no hope.

Obviously one is going to be a lot easier than the other- is it suicidal to go for one of the worst teams? I kinda want it to be a little bit of fun!

A very good season there, Braumiller! Very close to play-off, you'll make it next year! Unlucky with your youth intake again, but some time there's bound to come in some talents.

You are right on one point, wrong on the other :(:)

Might get the season finished tonight and post the update (depends how the NFL is going and my fantasy team :D)

XaW - SVW Mannheim - 3. Fußball Liga - 2015/16

A much better season than could ever have hoped for. I think this is much due to the fact that I've been able to use more and more of our youngsters this season. We started out very inconsistent losing and winning almost every other match. By the winter break we were comfortable mid-table and I was satisfied with more and more youths getting their first team debuts. We had a good holiday and after another tweaking of the tactics we managed to even beat French Nantes in a training match. After the second part of season started we began pulling in wins all over the place. The close matches we had lost before the winter we won and if that failed we managed to hang on to a draw. We started climbing up the table and soon found ourselves in a promotion battle. In the end we managed to hang push into second place and promotion! 2. Bundesliga here we come!

We were finally in the DFB-Pokal this season, but it ended very fast. We drew Bundesliga outfit Cottbus in the first round and even though we tried our best they managed to beat us 2-1. Even though we went out at the first hurdle we still got about £500k for the match as it was shown on TV in addition to the attendances. Even with that money we still ended on heavy losses this year. I'm unsure how this will turn out, but a promotion should help out quite a bit for the next season.

Youth Intake:

This years youth intake was not as good as the past few years, but still got a couple of players who might challenge the first team.

Initial youngsters:

João Paulo (YP0a) - Breakthrough season! Player many matches and ended only 1 goal behind the topscorer.

Federico Gómez (TP0b) - Great season from the youngster. Played on a regular basis. Called up to the Spanish U19 national team, but haven't played.

Bastian Kohler (YP0c) - Got his first match for the team, but still don't progress as I had hoped.

Vito Libertini (YP0d) - Got some matches and are ahead of Kohler in contestant for a spot on the team.

Robert Huber (YP0e) - Very good season. Gets a couple of goals and does very well.

Intake 1:

Bruno Russo (YP1a) - Moved up to the first team, but haven't gotten his debut just yet. Impressive stats.

Heniz Höferth (YP1b) - Continues to improve and might get his debut soon.

Felix Schuler (YP1c) - Promising left back, but need to work on his technical stats.

Admir Plojovic (YP1d) - Can't wait until he's 17. Gonna slot right into the first team.

Hans Veiß (YP1e) - Looking good and have played well for the U19s.

Eugen Henel (YP1f) - Got his first game a couple of days after he turned 17. Played very well and are a part of the first team.

Floran Wagner (TP1g) - A very good season for the U19s and might get his debut as soon as he turns 17.

Fuat Yilmaz (YP1h) - Scores goals for fun for the U19s. A speedy merchant.

Bastian Krämer (YP1i) - Progressing well. Regular on the subs bench. Gonna get some matches next season.

Andy Behrend (YP1j) - Got his debut and seem to have a good progression.

Pierangelo Varacalli (YP1k) - He's still improving and his stats keeps getting better and better.

Andreas Bauer (YP1l) - A season hampered by injuries.

Intake 2:

Sven Reith (YP1a) - Assisted well for the U19s, but still need to improve.

Prince Doudu (YP2b) - Very good stats, but also needs some work before he is ready.

Nikolay Gorbunov (YP2c) - Just returned from an injury, but still progressing well enough.

Marvin Fießer (YP2d) - The young left back is improving rapidly and might be ready for first team play next season.

Giorgos Karathanasis (YP2e) - Plays well enough for the youths, but not the big improvement I had hoped for.

Felix Männel (YP2f) - Quick young striker, but needs to improve.

Smaïlia Tawali (YP2g) - The wide midfielder need to work on his physical stats.

Senijad Salihovic (YP2h) - Huge talent and keeps improving. I hope he keeps it up.

Marvin Wenzel (YP1i) - Keeps improving, but still needs some work.

New intake:

Jan Engel (YP3a) - Report - Huge talent with great stats. Will probably be a part of the first team as soon as he is old enough.

Tom Baum (YP3b) - Report - Promising left back. He need to work hard to make it, but the possibility is there.

Martin Schlegel (YP3c) - Report - Promising defender, but still needs work.

Archived