Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenya's a bit of an odd place to go.

Yeah it is but it means that I will get further international experience which will hopefully mean I can manager a better national team in the future. I need to work up the ladder - Andorra U19s was the first step, Kenya U20s the second and hopefully once I leave Kenya I will be looking for an even better team to manage for the third step.

FIRST RESULT IN-CHARGE:

SudanUnder20svKenyaUnder20sInformation_Overview.png

February

Penya Encarnada 2 - 1 Principat (League)

The first game of the month was against Principat. I knew that Principat would be a tough nut to crack but they weren't. YP49 had an absolute stormer of a game with two goals in the 22nd and 35th minute of the game. Sadly for us just after the restart for the second half we conceded due to an own goal from YP43, but it didn't matter as we dominated the rest of the game and kept our lead. A solid win.

Penya scorers: YP49 (2)

Penya MoM: YP49

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1369

Penya Encarnada 5 - 2 Extremenya a.e.t. (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

We were drawn in the second round of the cup against Extremenya, a team I had a very good record against. However our team was experiencing complacency and unambition due to the league already being won by us. This has happened most years so I was very annoyed once again. We went into extra time level at 1-1 and expecting penalties, but they weren't needed. 4 extra time goals from us and 1 from Extremenya got us the win that we really needed.

Penya scorers: YP48 (1), YP47 (1), YP57 (1), YP43 (1)

Penya MoM: YP47

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 935

Casa Benfica 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

We were drawn in the quarter finals against Casa Benfica. Once again we showed that we could create chances but our actual goalscoring ability was extremely low as it took a whopping 71 minutes to score a goal. However once we scored our first we followed up with a second just 10 minutes later. Although we played well, we need to be much more clinical and much less complacent. Just because we have won the league it doesn't mean we need to stop performing - I wish I could tell the team this!

Penya scorers: YP57 (1), YP49 (1), YP54 (1), YP42 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 773

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Casa Benfica (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

We held a 2-0 lead going into this match so all I needed to do was to hold the lead or extend it. Once again we showed a lack of effort and desire which meant we could only get a 1-1 draw. The problem is that when they went down to ten men the team seemed even less bothered which I found very annoying. I can change my tactics all I like but their mentality won't change!

Penya scorers: YP35 (1)

Penya MoM: YP46

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 916

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a PROFIT of £2.76K

U19s

Another unbeaten month.

Awards

None.

Managers Thoughts

Despite generally good results and seemingly good, dominant performances my opinion is far from happy. My team are being idiots and I need to somehow get them to put some effort in. I have tried increasing the tempo and focus more on passing but neither help the team. I will be looking to tweak the tactics a lot next month.

My player of the month: YP47

Target for the month: 3 points and progression to the semi finals

Points gained this month: 3 points and progression to the semi finals

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

Recently Penya's youth facilities had been upgraded to basic so I was fully expecting a great youth intake, and it really didn't disappoint. This was the best youth candidates team I have ever had in this save.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

YP61: Profile - Coach Report

YP62: Profile - Coach Report

I can already see that at least two if not more of these players will be capped by the Andorran Senior team in the future already. Both of them will be into the first team this season as they are that good. I can't wait to see them play!

Amazing

March

Extremenya 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Extremenya. It was a pretty equal game to begin with until the deadlock was broken by a wonderful header from YP26... into our goal - an own goal. However as soon as we conceded we seemed to up the tempo and in the second half we got three goals, two from YP47 and one from YP42. This gave us the win and three points and for the first time in a while we looked like we wanted to win!

Penya scorers: YP47 (2), YP42 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1008

Inter d'Escaldes 0 - 0 Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. Although generally we played better than Inter d'Escaldes the result was a bore draw. Neither team produced enough good chances to score which meant neither goalkeeper was troubled. A very boring draw that we really should have won, never mind.

Penya scorers: None

Penya MoM: YP38

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 947

Principat 1 - 0 Penya Encarnada

The third and final game of the month was against Principat. This was the first loss we had experienced in the league since the 19/20 season! I couldn't believe how dull we played and time after time we miss placed passes and shot from ridiculous distances. Generally our performance was awful which meant it was Principat's win. Thankfully this wasn't a cup game or else I would have fined quite a few players!

Penya MoM: YP43

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 898

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £22.30K.

U19s

Out of the cup with is a bit disappointing. Still top of their league table.

Awards

Goalkeeper of the Month - YP34

Managers Thoughts

We started off well with a nice win against Extremenya but from then on we played appalling. I never expected to beat Principat but I was expecting to get a point off them. A disappointing month overall but we have won the league so it doesn't really matter. Looking forward to getting the last two games of the league season over and done with next month.

My player of the month: YP38

Target for the month: 7 points

Points gained this month: 4 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Eduardo Gonzalez looks good.

I'm quite surprised how good he is at the age of just 14. Will definitely be playing him a bit this season and a lot next season as he is already the best player at the club. I expect he will be staying with us for quite a while.

April

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Inter d'Escaldes

The first game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. Inter started off the strongest with an early goal coming in the 4th minute. Despite playing better than Inter for the rest of the game we couldn't seem to get a goal. I was beginning to lose faith and was ready to tell the team they were rubbish until a goal finally came in the 93rd minute from YP26. A deserved point.

Penya scorers: YP26

Penya MoM: YP26

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1258

Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 Extremenya

The second and final game of the month was against Extremenya. For the first time in a while we started best with a goal coming in the 8th minute from YP47. Just 9 minutes from the break we got a corner and it was drifted in towards YP47's head, who flicked it on to YP26 who slammed it home. An exact replica of this goal came just 4 minutes after half time with YP26 getting his second goal of the game. They got a consolation near the hour mark but it was too late for them. For some reason the stadium was full for this match despite it not being a fan day, strange but good.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP26 (2)

Penya MoM: YP26

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1800 (FULL)

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a PROFIT of £3.59K.

U19s

Strange month. Still top of the league.

Awards

Defender of the Month - YP26

Managers Thoughts

For a defender to get three goals in two games is simply phenomenal and it begs the question why he hasn't been scoring more earlier on in the season. A good final month to end the league season. A record 51 points has been gained this month which is 3 more than last season and 1 more than the season before. Very happy.

My player of the month: YP26

Target for the month: 4 points

Points gained this month: 4 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Easy going really.

Yep, the only real challenge is after we have won the title and the European fixtures.

Andorran Cup

Principat 0 - 1 Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Finals Leg 1)

We had been drawn against Principat in the semi finals. The first leg was away and I knew I needed a win or a draw. The game was fairly equal with both teams getting chances to win it but it took until the 63rd minute for YP47 to go one on one with the keeper who parries it straight into the feet of YP49 who couldn't miss. A 1-0 win put us in a good position to go through to the finals.

Penya scorers: YP49 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 818

Penya Encarnada 2 - 3p Principat (Andorran Cup Semi Finals Leg 2)

The second leg was much more interesting than the first. We started off the match well and got a penalty in the 6th minute but for whatever reason YP61 took it and as this was his first appearance from the start a game, the nerves worked wonders and he missed. However we got a goal in the 31st minute to make up for that. After half time we crumbled and despite playing better than Principat we let in two goals - one from open play and the other a stupid penalty. The game went to extra time as away goals don't count and we got a goal that I thought would win it for us in the 105th minute. However the last play in extra time was us conceding so the game went to penalties. Principat scored all their penalties and we missed one so they won the semi final just on penalties. A harsh way to go out as we played much better than them overall. Usually 4 converted penalties would win you a penalty shoot out but this time it wasn't enough.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP48 (1)

Penya MoM: YP58

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 883

Edit: Just had 26 of my players gone on international duty!

Season Summary 22/23

Andorran First Division

Another amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. The previous record number of points in a season was set by us two years ago but this season we beat it by one point, finishing with 51 points. Elsewhere, Inter d'Escaldes got second and Principat got third whilst Jenlai were relegated due to goal difference. Santa Coloma beat Sant Julia in the play off to stay in the First Division.

Andorran Second Division

FC Lusitans won the league this season with 39 points whilst Sant Julia had to settle with second due to only getting 37 points. They then went on to lose to Santa Coloma in the play off. Lusitans B finished bottom of the table with only 5 points which is a second division record! Great news... I think!

Andorran Cup

Last year I won the Andorran Cup so this year I was hoping to do it for the third year running. We started off the campaign against Extremenya but had to rely on extra time to get the win and progression. In the quarter finals we faced Casa Benfica and dispatched of them with a 3-1 aggregate win. In the semi finals we drew Principat. After the two legs it was 3-3 on aggregate so had to go to penalties as away goals were not an option. We lost. Principat ended up beating FC Lusitans 3-1 in the final to win the cup.

Results 1 , Results 2 - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Back to winning ways.

Transfers - I got rid of 11 players this season, the most notable being Eugenio Ochoa (YP27).

Finances - We gained around £340,000 this season which is quite good.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. I introduced YP60, YP61 and YP62 to the first team. YP60 is a striker who is rated 1.5* which is a little bit better than YP48. YP61 and YP62 came from the youth candidates team and both are extremely good. I look forward to using them more often next season as they should become legends of the club.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP18 - Another solid season (App:18 Gl:0 Asts:1 Avg:6.96)

YP20 - Didn't play (App:0 Conc:0)

YP25 - A great season for the player (App:25 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:7.22)

YP26 - Great end to the season (App:29 Gl:3 Asts:1 Avg:7.12)

YP33 - Got a couple of injuries this season (App:19 Gl:2 Asts:5 Avg:6.98)

YP34 - Another great season picking up 14 clean sheets (App:28 Conc:21)

YP35 - Benchwarmer (App:12 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.82)

YP36 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP38 - His best season so far (App:29 Gl:0 Asts:3 Avg:7.19)

YP40 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP41 - Good performances when called upon (App:5 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.85)

YP42 - Benchwarmer (App:10 Gl:1 Asts:0 Avg:6.93)

YP43 - Another great season (App:30 Gl:3 Asts:2 Avg:7.18)

YP45 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP46 - Great rating for a benchwarmer (App:10 Gl:0 Asts:2 Avg:7.40)

YP47 - An injury ruined his season (App:24 Gl:12 Asts:9 Avg:7.35)

YP48 - Top scorer! (App:28 Gl:16 Asts:12 Avg:7.42)

YP49 - Got loads of goals this season (App:26 Gl:13 Asts:6 Avg:7.30)

YP52 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP53 - The cup goalkeeper (App:2 Conc:2)

YP54 - His first season must have been a fluke (App:20 Gl:0 Asts:3 Avg:6.78)

YP55 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP56 - Benchwarmer (App:8 Gl:1 Asts:0 Avg:6.78)

YP57 - Our third choice striker (App:25 Gl:8 Asts:6 Avg:7.14)

YP58 - Looks like a decent player (App:16 Gl:1 Asts:6 Avg:7.01)

YP59 - Also looks like a decent player (App:20 Gl:3 Asts:1 Avg:6.87)

YP60 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP61 - Not enough games to judge the player from (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.10)

YP62 - Not enough games to judge the player from (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.70)

English Premier League - Chelsea won the title, Man Utd second and Liverpool third.

Liga BBVA - Real Madrid won the title, Barcelona second and Sevilla third.

Serie A - Inter won the title, AC Milan second and Juventus third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and Schalke third.

Fa Cup - Man Utd beat Chelsea at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Ligue 1 - PSG won the title, Lyon came second and OM came third.

I can't seem to get past a certain date, the processing is hanging. The date is the day the new season begins so I will leave it for a bit and hopefully it's just unusually slow.

EDIT: Doesn't look good...

Champions Cup 2023

Penya Encarnada 2 - 0 Tre Fiori (Qualifying Round 1, Leg 1)

We began this year's European adventure against San Marino's top team Tre Fiori. I was fully expecting a comfortable win and that is exactly what I got. YP47 began the scoring with a nice goal in the 19th minute and then 8 minutes later they scored a comical own goal to give a two goal lead. Although they got a player sent off we couldn't make the advantage pay. A 2-0 home win.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1749

Tre Fiori 1 - 0 Penya Encarnada (Qualifying Round 1, Leg 2)

We needed to hold a 2-0 lead and that is what we did, although I would have preferred it to have been easier. The game was level up until the 65th minute when they made the breakthrough with their first shot. However after their goal they began to dominate and deserved a second, but thankfully they didn't. A 2-1 on aggregate.

Penya MoM: YP33

Attendance at Frederico Crescentini: 350

Renova 4 - 0 Penya Encarnada (Qualifying Round 2, Leg 1)

I wasn't sure how good Renova would be as they were the best team in Macedonia however Macedonia have a pretty poor national squad. However we were humiliated 4-0 and only had 5 shots in the whole game. Disappointing.

Attendance at Stadion FC Renova: 933

Penya Encarnada 1 - 5 Renova (Qualifying Round 2, Leg 2)

Our team were hit with injuries so I had to play a poor team and as expected they won comfortably, although I scored! Sadly we scored so late on that most of the supporters had left the stadium by the time we scored. Disappointing.

Penya scorers: YP56 (1)

Penya MoM: YP56

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1755

The Rest of the Pre-season

Penya Encarnada 1 - 3 Chievo (Friendly)

I told the team that the result really didn't matter and that it was actually their performance I cared about. Chievo played better in the first half and their player Lazarevic got a hattrick to give them a 3-0 lead. They then got a player sent off and we actually played extremely well but could only get one goal back.

Penya scorers: YP56 (1)

Penya MoM: YP56

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1676

Penya Encarnada 2 - 1 Principat (Andorran Super Cup)

We entered the game without YP60 and more importantly YP47 so the team attacking wise were very weak. Principat started the strongest and dominated the opening 20 minutes but couldn't get a goal. For the rest of the first half it was fairly equal and neither team scored. At half time it was 0-0 so I gave them an inspirational team talk. We broke the deadlock in the 56th minute with a great own goal from their defender which was followed up by a beautifully slotted goal from YP33. They got a goal from the restart but we continued to play well and won the game.

Penya scorers: YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP38

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1370

Finances

The board have decided that because we have a £3.2 million loan to pay off in the next 15 years we suddenly need loads of money. So far I have got two £75k and two £40k cash injections.

RamazanJesusNews_Inbox-130.png

This has meant we have surpassed the £1 million mark once again in the balance:

PenyaEncarnadaBoardroom_Finances-8.png

Transfers

PenyaEncarnadaTransfers_History-14.png

I have released 11 players including 4 youth prospects. These youth prospects include YP40, YP20, YP36 and YP45.

I have loaned out YP52 to Sant Julia to hopefully get him some match experience.

Unfortunate you couldnt make it further in europe.

Yeah but it was kind of expected. We still not good enough yet to consistently make it past the second qualifying round. Annoyingly when you lose by so much in Europe the squad morale drops quite significantly so the opening games probably won't be that good.

Jordi Oliva has been sacked as the Andorran manager so I have applied for it. If the Andorran FA have any sense they will hire me.

EDIT: They haven't hired me... those idiots. Obviously over 20 trophies are not enough to become the Andorran manager. Grrr :mad:.

Reading this; I am impressed with your progress i'm attempting something similar with a polish team and I have taken them up from the fifth teir to the second,

by the way if you want better youth players, improving the youth facilites won't help it merely helps them improve their current CA, improving the junior coaching gives you better intakes,

I should know afterall once my intake was exceptional I got a player with 189 PA :eek:

Reading this; I am impressed with your progress i'm attempting something similar with a polish team and I have taken them up from the fifth teir to the second,

by the way if you want better youth players, improving the youth facilites won't help it merely helps them improve their current CA, improving the junior coaching gives you better intakes,

I should know afterall once my intake was exceptional I got a player with 189 PA :eek:

Thanks for the kind comments and good luck with your Polish save. I've already improved my junior coaching as far as my board want it to go sadly.

I'm going to slightly change the way I post updates by doing an update every 5 league games instead of one a month as some months have only had one or two games and are not really needed to be posted on their own.

KIU just a few years and you will get a cracking player :thup:

I have actually looked at YP62 on genie scout to see what his PA is and it is 108 which for this level is an amazing player, although I hope in the next few years YP61's PA will be more common in the squad.

League: Games 1 to 5

24.9.2023: Penya Encarnada 4 - 1 Santa Coloma

A great match for Penya supporters and the neutral as we demolished Santa Coloma 4-1 in the first league game of the season. Young YP57 got two nice goals and YP48 got a goal to finish of a great performance late on. Sadly SC got a goal just before half time but I'm really not bothered as I knew at the time it would only be a consolation goal.

Penya scorers: YP57 (2), YP48 (1)

Penya MoM: YP57

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1330

29.9.2023: Extremenya 1 - 2 Penya Encarnada

Another great performance from the team although the score line doesn't completely reflect it. YP33 and an own goal from them got us two goals which was all that was needed for us to get the three points even though Extremenya got a goal in the 53rd minute.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 957

7.10.2023: Penya Encarnada 2 - 0 Casa Benfica

Two early goals from in form YP57 and YP48 got us the three points in another great game that happened to be a fan day. Although we were leading by a comfortable margin after just 20 minutes the team kept on pressing and were unlucky not to get a third or even fourth goal. Our winning record in the league continues.

Penya scorers: YP57 (1), YP48 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1800 (FULL)

22.10.2023: Penya Encarnada 4 - 1 Principat

Another great win and all three points were collected against a tough opposition that was Principat. Last year's runners up in the league got a early opening goal but I knew we could turn it around, and that's what we did. Two excellent goals from YP33, a good chipped goal from YP57 and a goal from YP47 on his return from injury meant we put four goals past Principat. Very pleased.

Penya scorers: YP33 (2), YP57 (1), YP47 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1770

29.10.2023: Inter d'Escaldes 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada

At the time Inter were leading the table as they had played one more than me, but it meant that I was wary of them. However another two goals from YP33 and a goal from YP57 meant that we got a deserved win over Inter and put us top of the table with a game in hand. Excellent.

Penya scorers: YP33 (2), YP57 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 937

Finances

We currently have around £1,015,000 in the bank which is nice but the board seem to think that because we have a loan it means that we don't have the money to survive! I can't do anything to do with board interaction which is very annoying. The pain will end in 2038... which is 15 years away! Grrrrr.

U19s

In the league they are doing great apart from the loss to Santa Coloma U19s and sit top of the table. However they went out of the U19s cup due to a penalty shootout loss.

Managers Thoughts

A great start to the league. The midfield duo of YP33 and YP58 seems to be working a treat with both players getting loads of assists and high ratings. YP47 came back from injury with a bang and should be getting more goals soon. Thankfully YP57 has performed amazingly as his cover in the center of the three up front and I will definitely be keeping him in the team for as long as this great form continues.

Best Players: YP33 and YP57

Target: 13 points

Result: 15 points

League: Games 6 to 10

9.11.2023: FS Massana 0 - 4 Penya Encarnada

We were dominant and fully deserved the win. 14 year old YP62 began the scoring early on in the second minute followed up shortly after by a wonder strike from YP25. They then scored an own goal just 13 minutes later to give us a 3-0 lead. Our final goal came in the 81st minute from in form YP57. An emphatic win.

Penya scorers: YP62 (1), YP25 (1), YP57 (1)

Penya MoM: YP25

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 827

12.11.2023: Santa Coloma 1 - 0 Penya Encarnada

Unlucky, undeserved and disappointing. Although we had multiple good chances to score and generally dominated the match we couldn't get the win and instead lost due to YP55, covering for the injured YP26, getting an own goal. Annoying.

Penya scorers: None.

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 841

26.11.2023: Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 Extremenya

Extremenya got the first goal of the match with a beautifully timed 'hand of god' from Narciso Gómez. However after an angry team talk that fired up the team we got three second half goals from YP57, YP60 and YP47 to get the eventual win. Annoyingly YP57 got injured and will be out for a while.

Penya scorers: YP57 (1), YP60 (1), YP47 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1444

29.11.2023: Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 FC Lusitans

Another game where a win was expected but our performance was not there. After a goalless first half both teams improved in the second and we got a goal in the 67th minute from YP47. However another 'hand of god' from our opposition meant that we conceded and only got the point.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1150

12.12.2023: Casa Benfica 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada

A game we had to win and that is what we did. An early penalty got us the first goal and a nice strike from YP58 got us the second and final goal of the match. It was completely deserved and for once the team seemed like they wanted to win the match. Much better.

Penya scorers: YP33 (1), YP58 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 821

Finances

We currently have around £985,000 in the bank. We have lost £30,000 since the last update which is not good but thankfully we have enough to cover it as well as the board keep on injecting us with money.

U19s

Not looking good in the league. 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses meant that the team have dropped from 1st in the table down to 5th. Hopefully their form will improve.

Managers Thoughts

At times we looked great and at other times we looked like relegation candidates. The loss to Santa Coloma was a real kick in the teeth and our performance against FC Lusitans didn't even deserve a point if I'm honest. Inter d'Escaldes however have won every match apart from the game against us early in the season. This means that if they win their game in hand they will sit top of the table! Not good.

Best Player: YP25

Target: 13 points

Result: 10 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Bad news... there are around 6-8 players who's contracts are running out at the end of the season and won't enter contract discussions. The annoying bit is that the majority of them are first teamers (eg. YP33, YP38, etc). This means the team may be very weak next season. :mad:

Decent start, looks like it could be more competitive at the top this year.

Yeah, very competitive it seems.

League: Games 11 to 15

15.12.2023: Principat 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada

Principat have always been a tough team to beat a this match was no different. They got an early goal in the 25th minute but we got a deserved equaliser thanks to a great own goal from them. We deserved more than a point but as I was expecting a draw at the start of the match, I will accept it.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 903

20.12.2023: Penya Encarnada 2 - 2 FS Massana

FS Massana at the time were bottom of the table so a win was expected but sadly we couldn't get it. A goal in either half for YP47 was not enough as every time we led the match they got an equaliser. Our performance was alright but not good enough to beat tough opposition that we need to beat if we want to lift the First Division trophy once again.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1504

27.1.2024: Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Inter d'Escaldes

The first game of the new year was against league leaders Inter. The first half was poor as we dominated it but couldn't get the decisive shot that would become a goal. However in the second half YP47 was amazing and got a second half hattrick to seal a 3-0 win, and it was deserved.

Penya scorers: YP47 (3)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1508

4.2.2024: FC Lusitans 0 - 1 Penya Encarnada

It was a tight game with both teams having chances to win the match but a second half goal from the left back YP25 meant that we won the match to take us to top of the league. A solid win that we need to produce more often.

Penya scorers: YP25 (1)

Attendance at FC Lusitans Stadium: 382

9.2.2024: Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 FC Lusitans

The final 6 fixtures we decided and the first of those was against FC Lusitans once again. We started off well with an early goal coming in the 8th minute but we gave away a penalty a bit later to draw level. However a goal from the restart from the younger striker YP62 regained us the lead which YP54 added to in the second half. A confident win.

Penya scorers: YP33 (1), YP62 (1), YP54 (1)

Penya MoM: YP62

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1165

Finances

We currently have around £983,000 in the bank. We have lost £2,000 since the last update which is much better than what it could have been. This is due to the board once again giving us more money to keep us afloat.

U19s

A good first four games but the last three were disappointing. Hopefully they can put a run together and jump up into first place as they are currently in second.

Transfers

Roberto Roche (YP60) - He has ended his career with us as he found living on the bench to be a bit boring. Instead of infecting the squad with his unhappiness I decided to offer him to clubs for free and FC Lusitans wanted him. Annoyingly he scored twice on his debut and got man of the match - something he couldn't do for us.

Managers Thoughts

Game 11 and 12 were poor as we played better than both of them but couldn't get a win. However in the rest of the games our performance improved and we got three wins that means we are now top of the table once again. The aim for the final 5 games is to keep on putting in good performances and hopefully win the league.

Best Player: YP47

Target: 11 points

Result: 11 points

LEAGUE TABLE

News

YP53 has been unhappy since the start of the season as he has felt being a benchwarmer is quite boring. Just now, for the fourth time so far, he has requested a transfer and I have accepted it. However no club came in for him so due to his morale bringing down the rest of the squad I mutually terminated his contract.

To replace him is 15 year old Roberto Chiloeches (YP63). He is rated 1 star which is half a star less than YP53 but as he is a replacement goalkeeper he probably won't be needed to often.

Profile - Coach Report

Youth Candidates

This was the second year that we had the basic youth facilities so once again I was expecting even better players and I was not disappointed.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

I decided to sign 7 players in total. Daniel António looks like a great strike who will probably be a leading Andorran player of the future. I look forward to seeing YP62 and YP47 with him in the first team in a few seasons time. The other players also look good although I need to retrain Aitor Vigón in a striking role as I don't play with attacking midfielders. I haven't brought any players into the first team as youth prospects simply because I feel the seem would not benefit at this stage of the season. However I will be brining in at least a couple in the pre season.

Where are they now?

YP02 - Victor Gomez left the club in January 2014 to go to Atletic d'Escaldes. He stayed there until January 2020 and moved onto Jenlai. In his career he has played 97 times and scored 6 goals.

YP03 - Mario Garcia left the club at the end of the 2015/16 season to go to FC Lusitans. He stayed with FC Lusitans until the end of the 2020/21 season before moving on to play for U.E. Santa Coloma. In his career he has played 99 times and conceded 120 goals.

YP14 - Vitor Baptista left the club at the end of the 2019/20 season to go to Engordany. He stayed at Engordany for two seasons before moving on to FC Rangers. In his career he has played 106 times and scored 5 goals.

YP27 - Eugenio Ochoa stayed with us until the end of the 2021/22 season before moving onto a career with Engordany. However it didn't last long and moved just a season later to Extremenya. In his career he has played 93 times and scored 2 goals.

YP40 - Israel Monreal left the club last season to join FC Lusitans. Since joining he has been playing well despite being played in the left back position. In his career he has played 21 times and scored 1 goal.

YP44 - Jose Lorenzo left the club at the end of the 2019/20 season with a very bad record. He moved to FC Lusitans but wasn't getting enough games so left to join Principat. He has been very successful at Principat as a defender and is often in the first eleven. In his career he has played 104 times and scored 10 goals.

YP60 - Roberto Roche left not long ago due to unhappiness. He was sold to FC Lusitans and has since been one of their star players. In his career he has played 12 times and scored 4 goals.

How close are you to developing some real decent players do you think? By that i mean players that will be able to compete in europe.

Two players have over 100 PA - YP62 and Daniel Antonio (from this year's youth candidates). Once we have a team with a CA of over 100 we will be able to properly compete in Europe I believe.

League: Games 16 to 20

17.3.2024: Inter d'Escaldes 0 - 0 Penya Encarnada

At the time Inter were the only competition so I knew this would be a tough match. Inter were dominant, we were rubbish but they couldn't score. A bore draw.

Penya MoM: YP43

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 948

24.3.2024: FC Lusitans 3 - 2 Penya Encarnada

FC Lusitans were in form and looking good however I knew that a win would still be needed. Twice we took the lead through YP57 and YP47 but two late goals from Lusitans meant that we actually lost the match. It was what FC Lusitans deserved so I had no complaints apart from our performance wasn't good enough.

Penya scorers: YP57 (1), YP47 (1)

Attendance at FC Lusitans Stadium: 377

10.4.2024: Penya Encarnada 2 - 0 Inter d'Escaldes

The game against second placed Inter d'Escaldes was the title decider. A win against them would mean we would lift the trophy, a loss and we would have to wait. YP47 and YP57 were once again the scorers in the second half which meant the title was ours. A great feeling as this season was one of the toughest yet.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP57 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1559

30.4.2024: Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Santa Coloma

The title was ours so I decided that the "younger" players deserved a chance. We played much better than Santa Coloma and got a goal just before half time thanks to a wonderstrike from YP58. Sadly Santa Coloma got an equaliser in the second half to give us just a point. Good performance, bad result.

Penya scorers: YP58 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1029

5.5.2024: Santa Coloma 0 - 5 Penya Encarnada

It was the fifth day of the fifth month and rightfully so we scored 5 goals. We generally dominated Santa Coloma and unlike the previous game we actually converted our chances. Two goals from YP57 and a superb hattrick from YP49 got us a wonderful 5 goals against a strong opponent. A great way to end such a tough season.

Penya scorers: YP57 (2), YP49 (3)

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 1133

Finances

We currently have around £1,135,000 in the bank. Loads of money has been injected by the board which means we have a rather large bank balance. Hopefully the board won't be so worried about finances and let me spend it soon, but it's unlikely.

U19s

5 wins, 1 draw and a loss is superb but somehow their results haven't been good enough as they sit second in the league. Hopefully the final games of their season will push them up into first place.

Managers Thoughts

Games 16 and 17 were poor as we just didn't seem able to convert our chances. However the final 3 games were simply amazing, especially the final game. A 5-0 thumping is great and it's even better when it's against such a good opponent as Santa Coloma is. Looking forward to next season!

Best Players: YP47, YP57, YP49, YP54

Target: 11 points

Result: 8 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Andorran Cup 23/24

Casa Benfica 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada (2nd Round)

We played well and dominated Casa Benfica from start to finish. Two goals in the first half from an own goal by Casa Benfica and a penalty from YP61 set us up for an easy second half. YP49 got another goal just after the restart and that is how it finished, 3-0. A good performance that set us up with Santa Coloma.

Penya scorers: YP61 (1), YP49 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 824

Santa Coloma 0 - 1 Penya Encarnada (Quarter Final Leg 1)

I thought that the away leg against such a tough team would be tough but it actually wasn't. Just before half time YP57 got the only goal of the match which meant that we held a 1-0 lead going into the home leg that I was expecting to win.

Penya scorers: YP57 (1)

Penya MoM: YP57

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 702

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Santa Coloma (Quarter Final Leg 2)

Another penalty early on from YP61 was shortly followed up by a nice goal from my favourite player YP47 to give us a 2-0 lead within the first 15 minutes. We sealed the win thanks to a super-sub appearance from YP62 to make it 3-0 on the day and 4-0 on aggregate. A great win.

Penya scorers: YP61 (1), YP47 (1), YP62 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 771

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Engordany (Semi Final Leg 1)

We needed a win as it was the home leg but I couldn't get it. This was one of the most dominating games of the season from us and yet we could only score once. Our only goal came from YP33 in stoppage time at the end of the first half. Despite playing well in the second half we couldn't convert our chances.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 736

Engordany 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada (Semi Final Leg 2)

We needed a win if we wanted to progress and that is exactly what we got. Two second half goals from YP47 got us a deserved 2-0 win which meant we progressed 3-1 on aggregate to face FS Massana in the final of the competition.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2)

Attendance at Engordany Stadium: 162

Penya Encarnada p1 - 1 FS Massana (Final)

Once again we were the better side but had to settle for a draw after 120 minutes of play. YP47 got the opening goal on the stroke of half time but they got an equaliser on the hour mark thanks to a YP43 own goal. We missed a penalty just 4 minutes later but thankfully when it came to the actual penalty shoot out we were a bit better and beat them 3-2. Another trophy for Penya!

Penya MoM: YP54

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1740

Archived