Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

May

This season, May was the month of the final stages of the Andorran Cup, and for once we were in them. Our semi final was against FC Lusitans, who finished 3rd in the Second Division this season. An easy opposition, but was it an easy win?

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

The first leg was away from home at their stadium that was built in 2014. As expected we were the dominant team and had many chances to win the game by a large number of goals, but sadly neither team could get many shots on target, so it ended 0-0, a classic bore draw score. Despite the draw, I was happy as it meant we had advantage as the deciding leg was at our place.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

Another game where we dominated the play, but couldn't get enough shots on target. Thankfully, we won the match 1-0 due to an 110th minute goal by YP23. Had we not won it, it would certainly be an embarassment as we had played the better over the two legs and deserved a place in the final. U.E. Santa Coloma won the other semi final, which meant we were to play them in the final.

Penya Encarnada vs U.E. Santa Coloma (Andorran Cup FINAL)

Out of all the teams we could have faced in the final, U.E.S.C. is definitely one of the easiest teams to beat. We have a good record against them and beat them 1-0 in the final game of the season. A good performance was expected, and that is what happened. We played amazingly throughout, bossing every part of play, and got a well deserved 2-0 win. This is an amazing achievement, as it means we get even more money, and our first piece of silverware in the career so far. Amazing.

Other News

I was pleased to see this in my inbox - YP18 and YP25 have both been called up to the Andorran U19s squad!

I'm going to try and post the season summary today, but I may not have enough time.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great thread so far, keep up the good work :thup:
Well done on reaching Europe.
And on your youngsters progressing internationally.
And finishing 2nd in the league.

Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback :thup:

Season Summary 14/15

Andorran First Division

Absoultely phenomenal from Penya. We played superbly from the start to the end of our second season in the First Division and deserved the 2nd place. Going in to the season, I was expecting a 4th or 5th place finish, but to get 2nd and European qualification is amazing. Elsewhere, Sant Julia won the league whilst Inter d'Escaldes finished bottom and went down. Principat won the play off and stayed up.

Andorran Second Division

This season just one team made it into the First Division, Lusitans B! Somehow Lusitans B finished higher than their 'adult' club FC Lusitans and will themselves playing top class teams (like Penya) next season. I look forward to playing them as I have an excellent record against them, if you exclude the 5-3 loss last season.

Andorran Cup

We won it! We got the easiest route to final, facing FS Massana, Lusitans B and FC Lusitans. This meant that the final was against U.E. Santa Coloma, who finished 4th in the league last season. We showed our class and comfortably won the final 2-0 to lift our first piece of silver wear (excluding the Second Division title). Very good performance from us this season which I will be looking to replicate next season.

Results - Here are the results from this season.

U19s - Some great players meant that they finished in 4th place.

Transfers - I released 11 players, the most noteable being Riccardo Ferreira.

Finances - Lost £2k overall last season, although we are £27k in the black.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. Emerging from our youth candidates was YP25, who is the best player at the club already. Joining him with a 5* rating is YP18 and Carmelo Duco.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP03 - Another season on bench (App:1 Conc:2)

YP04 - Good performances (App:11 Gl:1 Asts:1 MoM:1)

YP05 - Covered for injured LBs well (App:5 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP06 - Benchwarmer (App:2 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP07 - Played well all season (App:19 Gl:7 Asts:6 MoM:3)

YP08 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP09 - Put in good performances, but not enough goals (App:15 Gl:3 Asts:2 MoM:1)

YP10 - A solid CM who played every game (App:20 Gl:0 Asts:2 MoM:0)

YP12 - Not bad, but not good (App:16 Gl:1 Asts:1 MoM:1)

YP13 - Best CB at the club, but injured for a lot of the season (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP14 - A solid CM who played every game (App:20 Gl:2 Asts:0 MoM:1)

YP15 - Not bad, but not good (App:19 Gl:1 Asts:0 MoM:2)

YP16 - Only played from the bench (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP17 - Covered for the strikers (App:7 Gl:2 Asts:2 MoM:1)

YP18 - Played every game for us plays for the Andorra U19s and U21s most games (App:20 Gl:0 Asts:1 MoM:1)

YP19 - Nice player, that's for sure (App:18 Gl:3 Asts:4 MoM:0)

YP20 - Didn't play (App:0 Conc:0)

YP21 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP22 - Sadly plays in a position that doesn't suit my tactics (App:2 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP23 - Benchwarmer (App:3 Gl:1 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP24 - Benchwarmer (App:4 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP25 - Future star, best player at the club (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

YP26 - Got a future (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 MoM:0)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Arsenal second and Man City third.

Fa Cup - Man United beat Liverpool at Wembley to win the FA Cup (again).

Serie A - Inter won the title, AC Milan second and Juventus third.

Liga BBVA - Barcelona won the title, Real Madrid second and Atletico Madrid third.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, PSG came second and OM came third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and Stuttgart third.

Great season congrats. Good luck in europe next year too :)

Youths don't look too bad this year either.

Another player has been promoted to the senior team because we need some cover as I have released loads of players. YP30.

Pre-season Update

The start of the 16/17 season was upon us and the aim this season is to get a European spot, which means a top 4 finish. There were 4 fixtures planned this month; the two legs of the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round, a friendly against Fiorentina, and the Andorran Super Cup versus Sant Julia.

Penya Encarnada vs Racing FC (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

I wanted an easy team to play in our first European adventure, and that is what we got; Luxembourg's best team, Racing FC. Although compared to other possible teams, this was an easy fixture, it really wasn't as we aren't actually that good, and we come from the worst team in the world. We put in a superb performance and were unlucky to lose 1-0. I was proud of my team, and knew that a good performance away could reverse the scoreline.

Racing FC vs Penya Encarnada (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

We had to get a goal, that was a must, and that is what we got. However they also scored. A good display of passion and team work from my players meant that in the 30th minute, YP09 broke the deadlock with an excellent goal. Sadly they got a got in the 70th and drew match 1-1, which meant we lost the tie 2-1 on aggregate. A good effort, but quality is lacking - that is the problem.

Penya Encarnada vs Fiorentina - 4-0 loss. Surprised it wasn't more.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia - 2-1 loss. We played the better, but sadly lost. Not too bothered to be honest.

Transfers

I released a whopping 9 players due to overcrowding in the first team. I wanted get rid of the dead wood that only had 1/2 a star. I offered YP03 to clubs, and FC Lusitans got him. I don't need him anymore as Duco is a great goalkeeper and rarely needs replacing.

News

Penya given £78.26K

Record attendance broken

New gate receipts high

Board Expectations - Get European qualification

My Expectations - Get European qualification

September

The first month of the 16/17 season, and my team were raring to go. We needed to start off strongly and show to the rest of the teams that last season was not a fluke. My aim was to get 6 points from the 3 games, which would mean at least 2 wins and a loss. The confidence was there, but was the performance?

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

The first game of the season was against FS Massana, a team that I have a very good record against. The aim was 3 points, and that is what I got. A 3-1 victory, with YP07 and YP17 scoring meant that we start the season in winning form. We could, and perhaps should have won by more, but a win is a win.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada

The second game was against under-performing Principat who last year found themselves in the playoffs. Overall the game was fairly equal, with both teams missing easy chances, but the game finished 2-2. A well earned point against a team with a solid back 4.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada

The final game was against another easy team, Engordany. We dominated the first half and missed two open goals and hit the woodwork twice. We went in at half time with the score at 1-1, with Engordany scoring with their only shot of the half. However in the second half it was much more equal. However despite the equality, we were much more clinical and won 3-2 thanks to YP07 scoring twice.

Finances

A loss (-£2.56k)

U19s

A really good month - 3 wins out of 3 games. Good.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored 3 goals in 3 appearances this month.

YP17 - Our second best striker, who scored some vital goals.

YP28 - Despite being on the bench every game, as soon as he came on our performance improved.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP17 won it surprisingly, YP07 second.

Goalkeeper of the Month - Carmelo Duco once again won it.

Striker of the Month - YP07 won it thanks to his great goal scoring record this month.

Overall

An excellent month. We picked up 7 points from a possible 9 and finish the month in 1st place. Our confidence is high and I believe we have the quality to win the league. Hopefully these games have been fluke results giving me false impressions.

LEAGUE TABLE

Don't Andorra have a Winter break? I would have thought they would given they are in the Pyrenees.

Did some research and it seems that in real life they do have a winter break (March-December season), but the creator of this database has not included this for some reason.

October

We started this season well and I wanted to continue this great form. The first game was against Sant Julia, league leaders at the time. The second game was against another strong opposition, Santa Coloma. The aim was to get 4 points, which would mean at least a win and a draw.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

A seriously tough game was expected for us, and a win was almost out of the question at the time. However for whatever reason Sant Julia did not play their good football which meant we won match 3-1! However if wasn't for YP17 (who scored 2 goals), we may have not won. An amazing performance against a top, top team.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma

Sadly we couldn't continue on from the amazing 3-1 win against Sant Julia, and ended up losing this game 3-2. Although the scoreline can be interpreted that the game was fairly equal, it really wasn't - Santa Coloma could and should have won by more. However a clinical performance was what we gave, and I can come away with positives for sure.

Finances

A loss (-£1.86k)

U19s

Wow! A terrible month! Strange.

Best Players

YP17 - Another superb month.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

A mixed bag of results. We could of done better, but sadly we didn't. However both game's performances were superb and I feel that our team has really improved since last season.

LEAGUE TABLE

November

This month was packed with games, with no fewer than 5 league games. This meant that for some of the matches I had to play a much weaker team than I wanted to, but did it mean we lost matches?

Penya Encarnada vs Lusitans B

The first game of the month was against the weakest team in the league, Lusitans B. As the stats show, we dominated this game from start to finish. We had 24 shots of which 7 were on target and yet we only won 3-2. We seem to have a real problem in our defence as we seem to be conceding in every single game!

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

Principat are a tough team to play against, as this game showed. They were the better team, but we were clinical enough to get a goal that meant we drew the match 1-1. A poor performance from the team, but our opposition were superb.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

A close match which resulted in us winning by a one goal margin. Either team could have won it but for once our defence stood firm and did not let any gaps appear. In the end the result was deserved and our performance was good.

U.E. Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

We played pretty poor in the first half, and were lucky to be leading 1-0 thanks to YP17. However in the second half we played much better and got 2 more goals which meant we scored a nice 3 goals. Sadly U.E.S.C. also scored once which meant the final score was 3-1. A great second half performance. Very happy.

Lusitans B vs Penya Encarnada

Our second game against Lusitans B this month, and once again we hit 3 past them, however this time they didn't score and it ended 3-0. A great scoreline against an easy team. The only negative was that YP07 is now injured for 2 months!

Finances

A loss (-£1.12k)

U19s

A winning month.

Best Players

YP26 - Dominating display from him in the first Lusitans B game which resulted in him winning the MotM.

YP25 - Superb month for him.

YP17 - Can't stop scoring, despite being just a 1* player!

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - Wilson Zambrano (YP25)

Goalkeeper of the Month - Carmelo Duco

Midfielder of the Month - Alvaro Jimenez (YP18)

Striker of the Month - Rudy Lepetre (YP17)

Overall

An unbeaten month which gained us a whopping 13 points thanks to 4 wins and a draw. We do have a defensive problem, but hopefully a new YP will improve that... (leaving you on a cliffhanger :p)

LEAGUE TABLE

YP news and an international round-up are coming up soon!

International Round Up - Andorra U19s

Andorra U19s vs Azerbaijan U19s

The first game of my career was against Azerbaijan U19s, who fielded a much stronger team than ours. This meant that we could not compete as much as I would have liked, and lost 4-2. However the way we played was good, and we often strung together nice 'Barcelona' style passing movements. I can take many positives from this result.

YP25 - Played really badly - 4.4 rating.

YP18 - Good passing and movement - 6.1 rating.

YP07 - Wanted to give him a chance, and as soon as he came on we played better - 6.9 rating.

YP20 - Needed a 3rd GK, so I chose YP20. Played for 9 minutes - 6.6 rating.

PLAYER RATINGS

Andorra U19s vs Papua New Guinea U19s

We played really well and fully deserved the draw. We started off the game really badly, conceding after just 4 minutes to a Jakis header in the 6 yard box. We then dominated the game until we scored in the 50th minute thanks to Blazquez. In the 72nd minute Moreira had a chance to win the game, but missed the penalty - as expected. A good performance and I'm glad we got a draw.

YP25 - Played much better - 6.8 rating.

YP18 - A reasonably good game - 6.5 rating.

YP07 - Started the game but sadly didn't play well - 6.0 rating.

YP20 - On the bench but was not put on.

PLAYER RATINGS

News

I have looked through my U19s squad and found two highly rated players who have really improved recently.

YP31 - A 3.5* rated DC who looks really good. Looking forward to playing him a few times this season.

YP32 - A 3* rated ST who also looks really good. I will be using him as the replacement for YP07 as he is on a two month injury at the moment.

YP31 - Profile, Ability Comparison

YP32 - Profile, Ability Comparison

December

We entered December second in the league and a nice 6 points between us and third. I knew this was going to be a tough month as we played Sant Julia, the team in third, and Engordany. The aim was 4 points, which would mean at least a win and a draw.

The game was set up to be a cracker. Two teams who knew how to score, and wanted to win, however it was quite the opposite. We dominated the game, had 11 shots to their 3, but couldn't break through their solid defence. The game ended 0-0, although I should have won. A good attacking performance, positives for sure.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany

I needed a win, and that is what I got, although I did leave until the 89th minute. We dominated the first half and somehow went in 1-0 down to an unlucky goal from their play Cobos. However straight from the restart YP18 got a goal, and then YP32 on his full debut also got a goal. However that was not it. Engordany scored once more to make it 2-2, but in the 89th minute YP28 scored a superb goal to win the game. We fully deserved the win and the 3 points. Well played team!

Finances

A profit finally! (+£1.34k)

U19s

A good month. Progression to the semi finals of the youth cup is superb.

Best Players

YP32 - Scored on his full debut.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

Another unbeaten month that leaves us with 7 more points than Sant Julia in third. Although winning the league looks unlikely, maintaining second place is almost a certainty if we continue our dominant form. Very pleased with this month, I hope January is just as good!

LEAGUE TABLE

January

This month we had just two league games to contend with. The aim was to get 3 points against very strong opponents. The other aim for this month was to keep hold of every single player at the club. This should happen as most players on semi professional contracts, however football isn't predictable - anything could have happened!

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

This game was between 1st and 2nd, and the winner of it would be getting 3 valuable points in their race to the title. However for us, it wasn't good. We defended well up until the 51st minute, and then we crumbled. We lost the game 2-0, and deservedly so. We never looked like getting a goal. Disappointing to say the least.

Penya Encarnada vs U.E. Santa Coloma

I needed a win, the team needed a win, but that is not what we got. We played well against a much weaker opponent, but they took their chances well. Due to this we unfortunately drew the game 1-1, and got just one single point. Although the performance was great, the shots were poor.

Finances

A large loss due to some players getting contracts (-£8.36k)

U19s

A terrible month consisting of 2 losses and 1 draw.

Best Players

No stand out players.

Awards/Records

None.

Transfers

We have so far kept hold of all our players! :)

Overall

Not a great month, could have been a lot better. However a valuable point, and the fact I have kept all my players so far leaves me with some positives, even if there aren't that many!

LEAGUE TABLE

February

As usual February is the month of mainly Andorran Cup games, and this season was no different. The first game was the single league match of the month against Principat. Following that game we had two Andorran Cup games. The aim was to get a point against Principat, and progression in the Andorran Cup. But did we do it?

Principat vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first and only league game of the month was away to Principat, who sit just below me in 3rd place. I knew that I had to get at least a draw as the race for the title was hotting up. Luckily our defence was on fine form, and we held out for a 0-0 draw. A good point, that holds of Principat for another month.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma B (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

The first Andorran Cup game was against Santa Coloma B. I played the most attacking style I could, and got a comfortable 3-1 win. We played superbly and fully deserved progression to the quarter finals. YP32 was the star player of the match and rightfully won the man of the match!

Penya Encarnada vs Principat B (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

The first leg of the quarter finals was what can only be called a domination of Principat B. We played an attacking style from start to finish, and because of that we won the match 5-0. YP32 got two superb goals, whilst YP14 got a goal and the man of the match due to creating most of the goals! Really pleased with the team, even if it was against such a weak team.

Finances

A bit better than last month (-£1.31k)

U19s

One game, one win. Good.

Best Players

YP32 - 3 goals in just 2 appearances. Looks to be a really good player!

YP14 - Picked up the man of the match and a 9.5 rating vs Principat B!

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

An unbeaten month which got us another point in our bid for 2nd place this season. We also played amazingly in the Andorran Cup that means the chances are we are into the semi finals. A good month, that's for sure!

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our rubbish junior coaching and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year was simply amazing. 3 superb players who will be playing first team football before the end of the year were signed, and the rest of the players were easily good enough for the youth team. This is the best youth candidates I have had so far!

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

YP33 - Will be playing him in CM. Has some excellent physical attributes.

YP34 - The next benchwarmer!

YP35 - Another good CM who I will be looking to play from the bench this season and next.

This has easily been the best youth candidates I have ever had at Penya and I hope these will be the best players at the club for at least a couple of years. The aim is to give them some experience with the club and also give them a couple of international games for the Andorra U19s. Very happy! :)

Did some research and it seems that in real life they do have a winter break (March-December season), but the creator of this database has not included this for some reason.

Thought it seemed strange, as Andorra is a major skiing destination and hence the country would be under snow for a few months.

March

This month we had the second leg of the Andorran Cup quarter final and a single league game. The aim was to get a win or a draw against Principat B in the cup, and a draw against Santa Coloma in the league. This would mean I would gain another point in my bid for 2nd place.

Principat B vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

After we beat Principat B 5-0 in the first leg, this leg didn't really matter. I played an extremely weak team who actually did better than I thought. We passed well, had many more shots than Principat B, but sadly couldn't get a second goal, so drew the game 1-1. We are through to the semis 6-1 on aggregate! Amazing.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

As usual, this was the 1st versus 2nd match. I needed to get something from this match because Santa Coloma were racing away, but sadly I couldn't. We performed well in a very dull match, but Santa Coloma ran out 2-1 winners.

Finances

Not good! (-£7.58k)

U19s

Started badly, but got better.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored in both games this month.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

A draw and a loss is never a good thing, however our performances this month have been good. I look forward to seeing if we can hold onto second next month.

LEAGUE TABLE

April

This month we had 4 league games to contend with that ultimately decided if I was going to finish in 2nd or 3rd. The aim was to get 7 points, which would mean 2 wins, a draw, and a loss. However I knew we could do better than that, but did we?

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia

The first game of April was against 3rd placed Sant Julia. I knew that I needed to get at least a draw from this game, as we needed to maintain our gap between us and them. Luckily our defence held strong and we kept a clean sheet, but sadly we couldn't score either. The final score was 0-0.

The second game of April was against 4th placed Principat. We had to get something out of the match, and we did - the full 3 points. We played well, passed nicely, took our chances, and got a 1-0 win thanks to YP07 scoring once again. The performance was encouraging, and gave me confidence.

The second game against Sant Julia this month resulted in us getting 3 valuable points which confirmed that we finished the season in 2nd place. Although the game was fairly equal, in the 82nd minute YP07 was once again on hand to get the ball in the net and gain us the 3 points. A very confident performance from the team.

The final game of the month didn't really matter as we had confirmed the 2nd place. Due to this, I played a slightly weaker side and yet somehow drew the game 1-1. A fair result for both teams, although the single point made no difference to Penya or Santa Coloma's position in the table. Definitely a positive ending to the season.

Finances

Finally a profit! (+£2.83k)

U19s

Another poor month from the U19s.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored even more goals for us this month.

Awards/Records

Other News

I have increased the junior coaching budget once more - we are now at the 'average' level of junior coaching!

Overall

A great unbeaten month meant we ended the season in 2nd place, confirming European football next season. Hopefully next season we will be able to fight for 1st place a bit more than this year, as Champions League football would be much better than Europe League football finance wise.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

May

Due to the fact we got to the semi finals of the Andorran Cup, we still had matches to play. I wanted to get to the final of the Andorran Cup and possibly win it this year as we drew an easy team in the semi finals - Extremenya. The question is, did we win the Andorran Cup?

Penya Encarnada vs Extremenya (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

As with the first leg of the quarter finals, we dominated our opponent. We won the match 5-0 thanks to a YP07 hattrick, one that will be remembered for many years to come. We played superbly, dominated start to finish, and even hit the woodwork a couple of times. A great confident display from the team. :)

Extremenya vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

I decided to put an inexperienced team out for the second leg of the semi final. This was due to a massive lead on aggregate, and because I wanted to see the newer members of our team (YP33-35). We entered half time 1-0 down due to the classic 'one shot, one goal'. However in the second half we got a deserved goal and drew the match 1-1, to get us to the final with a 6-1 aggregate win!

As expected it was the top two clubs in Andorra in the final of the Andorran Cup. I wanted to win it, although as European qualification had already confirmed, it would just be another trophy in the trophy cabinet. I put out the strongest team I had available, and they performed what can only be described as a miracle. We won the match 1-0 thanks once again to YP07 scoring the winning goal. An amazing win from the team, showing that we could win the league next season!

:applause: Another great season there, is winning the league the priority next season?

Thanks. The priority next season is to finish in the top two once again, although I think we may be able to get 1st. The priority for the 18/19 season however is definitely 1st. :)

Season Summary 16/17

Andorran First Division

Another solid performance from Penya to get 2nd place. At times we looked weak, but ultimately we played better than we did last season, and weren't too far off 1st place. Santa Coloma finished 1st, Penya finished 2nd, and Sant Julia finished 3rd. U.E. Santa Coloma and Lusitans B were both relegated to Second Division.

Andorran Second Division

This season two teams gained promotion to the First Division. Casa Benfica won promotion due to finishing 1st with 37 points, and FC Lusitans won the play off with U.E. Santa Coloma. Encamp came 9th and Jenlai came 10th.

Andorran Cup

We won it again! Every round up until the final was against Second Division teams which meant route to the final was rather straight forward. However in the final we had to give a little bit extra, and that is exactly what we did. In the end it was a comfortable 1-0 win over Santa Coloma, which meant we lifted the trophy for the second season in a row.

Results 1 , Results 2 - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Finished 10th.

Transfers - I lost 10 players this season, the most notable being YP03 going to FC Lusitans.

Finances - We got around 75k in profit last season, most of which came from the European adventure.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. We had many players join us this season who should be able to improve even further next season. YP33 looks like a star in the making, with a 5* rating at 14 years of age.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP05 - Didn't play much this season (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.79)

YP07 - An amazing season (App:26 Gl:15 Asts:6 Avg:7.15)

YP08 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP09 - Not many games this season (App:3 Gl:1 Asts:0 Avg:6.95)

YP10 - Played a lot of games until a long-term injury (App:15 Gl:1 Asts:1 Avg:6.79)

YP12 - Covering for YP27 (App:12 Gl:1 Asts:0 Avg:6.77)

YP13 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP14 - Fantastic season for him (App:28 Gl:2 Asts:5 Avg:6.93)

YP15 - Covering for Benisty (App:15 Gl:0 Asts:3 Avg:6.63)

YP17 - An amazing season for him (App:22 Gl:11 Asts:8 Avg:7.15)

YP18 - Another solid season (App:26 Gl:2 Asts:3 Avg:7.02)

YP19 - Not good at scoring goals (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:2 Avg:6.52)

YP20 - Played a couple of times, looked okay (App:3 Conc:3)

YP21 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP22 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP23 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP24 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP25 - A great season from such a great player (App:25 Gl:2 Asts:2 Avg:7.09)

YP26 - A solid season (App:24 Gl:3 Asts:2 Avg:6.93)

YP27 - Introduced half way through the season, looks great (App:15 Gl:0 Asts:1 Avg:7.03)

YP28 - Not sure if he is first team quality yet (App:17 Gl:4 Asts:2 Avg:6.74)

YP29 - Not enough games to judge him (App:4 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.57)

YP30 - Benchwarmer (App:4 Gl:1 Asts:1 Avg:6.73)

YP31 - Benchwarmer (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.87)

YP32 - My third choice striker (App:11 Gl:4 Asts:4 Avg:6.92)

YP33 - Looks seriously good (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:4 Avg:7.00)

YP34 - My second choice goalkeeper (App:1 Conc:1)

YP35 - Too early to judge (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.60)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Liverpool second and Arsenal third.

Fa Cup - Chelsea beat Arsenal at Wembley to win the FA Cup (again).

Serie A - Inter won the title, Juventus second and Roma third.

Liga BBVA - Real Madrid won the title, Barcelona second and Atletico Madrid third.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, PSG came second and Bordeaux came third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Leverkusen second and Schalke third.

Pre-season Update

The start of the 17/18 season is upon us and the aim this season is to get a top two finish, which would mean European qualification. During pre season I faced opposition in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round, a tough friendly and the Andorran Super Cup. The chances were that I would lose all 4, but did I?

Penya Encarnada vs Brann (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

I wanted an easy team to play in our first European adventure, but I didn't. My opposition were Brann, who finished 3rd in the Norwegian Premier Division last season, a much better league than the Andorran First Division. Although the chances were slim, I put out the strongest team I could. We performed much better than expected and got just a 3-0 loss at home. This was a deserved score line, but also a positive one as it shows that we aren't that bad.

Brann vs Penya Encarnada (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

The away leg was always going to be harder, and I was expecting a thumping from Brann. Sadly that is what we got. A 6-1 loss meant we lost 9-1 on aggregate, a massive scoreline. The only positive from the match was that YP28 scored for us, and showed that we could score against much better opponents. A tough result to take, but it was expected.

Penya Encarnada vs Catania (Friendly)

Catania offered to have a friendly with us, and because the financial rewards were okay I accepted. I knew this game would be a defeat as Catania are in Serie A, however I still gave it my best shot. We played well, defended solidly and only lost by one goal, which is remarkable considering how much better they are than us. A good result and a good performance.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma (Andorran Super Cup)

Last year we couldn't win this cup, but this year we did. Our attacking display was superb, our midfield were passing the passing and controlling it like Barcelona, and our defenders held a firm back 4. Due to this we won the match comfortably 2-0. If we can play like this against them in the league, we might as well collect the First Division trophy now!

Transfers

I released 7 players which included 5 youth prospects mainly due to the position they play or how bad they are compared to the rest of the team. The most notable transfer was YP09, who was the best player in the season we won the Second Division. Sadly he is not cut out for the First Division and had to be released.

Other News

Welcome to the club, YP36! Saw him in the youth team and was rated 3.5*, an excellent replacement for the disappointing YP30 who has left us.

Board Expectations - Get European qualification

My Expectations - Top two finish

International Round Up - Andorra U19s

21/3/17 - Andorra U19s vs East Timor U19s

The first game of the year for the Andorra U19s team was against East Timor. This relatively small footballing nation were ranked at the time just a few places above us. We started off well with Rodrigues scoring in the 3rd minute, and then an own goal from East Timor got us our second. However we then scored an own goal to make it 2-1, but that was not it. Rodrigues scored again, and then they scored once more, and that is how it ended - 3-2. A good win for us, Rodrigues looks like a good player. Sadly none of my players could play because I holidayed over the team selection date.

2/6/17 - Andorra U19s vs Cook Islands U19s

The next friendly of the year was against the Cook Islands who are 206th in the world rankings. I knew the game should be pretty easy as we have a much better youth team in Andorra than in the Cook Islands. Ribera scored in the 26th minute, and then Ortega followed up with our second and last goal in the 57th minute. A good solid win for the team once again proving that we aren't that bad.

YP25 - A solid performance in the DC position - 6.6 rating

6/6/17 - Andorra U19s vs Kasakhstan U19s

I organised a tougher friendly to see how well our team can defend as the loss was inevitable. It took Kazakhstan until the 40th minute to score their first goal and the 74th to score their second goal. We lost the match 2-0 but I felt our defending was reasonable and isn't as bad as the world ranking suggests. Overall I was pretty happy with out performance.

YP25 - A very good performance - 6.9 rating

15/8/17 - Montenegro U19s vs Andorra U19s

I chose a lot of YPs for this game due to the fact very few have been getting international call ups recently and that the loss was inevitable. It only took 10 minutes for Montnegro to score their first goal, a classic own goal from Aicart. However we performed well after the goal and held on until the 89th minute where they scored their second goal. The defeat was deserved, but the performance was good, especially as the majority of the players are mine.

YP14 - A good confident display - 6.5 rating

YP18 - Played well with YP14 - 6.5 rating

YP25 - A strong display in DC - 6.8 rating

YP26 - A strong display in DC - 6.7 rating

YP33 - Sadly didn't play well - 6.2 rating

YP34 - Brought on for the last 30 minutes - 6.6 rating

The European U19s Championship 1st Qualifying Round was drawn and we were in a group with Holland, Latvia and Austria.

September

The first month of the 17/18 season consisted of two league games against two of the best teams in Andorra; Santa Coloma and Sant Julia. The aim was to get 3 points which would mean at least a win and a loss. This aim was tough, but did we do it?

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

We started off the month against Santa Coloma, who last season won the league. I knew I needed to get something out of this match, and that is what we did. We conceded first due to Benisty scoring an own goal, however in the 43rd minute YP07 got the equalizer. However that was not enough. In the 75th minute Pujol scored for Santa Coloma, but once again we equalized this time thanks to YP27 in the 79th minute. A good solid 2-2 draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia

The second game of the month and the season was at home against Sant Julia. I needed a win, and that is exactly what I got! We weren't amazing, but what we were clinical, that's for sure. Just before the HT whistle sounded, YP17 got a goal thanks to a YP32 pass. In the 67th minute YP26 was sent off, but luckily for us we kept hold of the lead and won the match 1-0.

Finances

Another loss (-£4.08k)

U19s

A poor start to the season with a 3-1 loss, but they have improved ever since.

Best Players

YP17 - Got us the crucial goal in the Sant Julia match.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

A great start to the season that leaves us on the same number of points as our rivals Santa Coloma. Looking forward to October to see if we can continue the good performances.

LEAGUE TABLE

October

The second month of the season consisted of 4 matches. The teams involved were Engordany, FS Massana, Casa Benfica and FC Lusitans. All of these teams have had spells in the Second Division, so getting as many points as possible from them was a must. The aim was to get 10 points which would mean 3 wins and 1 draw, but was it possible?

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Engordany, a tough team to beat. We started off the game well, YP32 scoring after 35 minutes to break the deadlock. However, Victor Murcia equalised just 3 minutes which meant we went in at half time level. However we played much better in the second half and got a goal from YP07 in the 70th minute. A good start to month, that's for sure.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against FS Massana. I knew that the 3 points were a must if I wanted to reach my aim for the month. We started off well with YP33 scoring twice before half time. We entered half time 2-0 up, despite being a fairly equal game. FS Massana then scored an own goal, and we held on for the 3-0 win and cleansheet. A scoreline that does not match the stats, but it's still a good win and 3 points.

Penya Encarnada vs Casa Benfica

The third game of the month was against Casa Benfica who were promoted last season to the First Division. This meant that the win and the 3 points was absolutely vital. Casa Benfica started off the better in the 38th minute with a goal, however just before half time we equalised. I gave the team a motivating team talk, and our performance got better. YP17 got two second half goals to give us a 3-1 lead, but sadly Casa Benfica got a consolation goal to give us just a one goal margin. We held on and won the match 3-2.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans

The final game of the month was against FC Lusitans who were also promoted last season to the First Division via the play offs. This meant that the win and the 3 points was absolutely vital. We dominated this match from start to finish but it took until the 78th minute to score, thanks to YP18. However they replied instantly, with their first shot of the match! However we fought well and in the 84th minute YP26 scored a header to win the match.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £6.99K.

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP17 - Scored a couple of goals this month.

YP07 - Scored a couple of goals this month.

YP33 - Scored long range goals against FS Massana.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - Remy Bauduin (YP07)

Manager of the Month - Jesus Ramazan (ME!)

Other News

The training facilities are recieving an upgrade. Expected to finish around this time next year.

Overall

A phenomenal month consisting of a whopping 4 wins from 4 games. This means that we end the month with a consecutive win record of 5 wins in a row. The team have worked well and I hope they continue to do so next month.

LEAGUE TABLE

EUROPEAN U19 CHAMPIONSHIP 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND

11/10/17 - Andorra U19s vs Holland U19s

We opened the competition against the toughest team in the group, Holland. I knew that the best we would do is keeping the scoreline under 5 goals, which we did. Surprisingly the defence were much more solid than expected, and were unlucky to lose 4-0. I took a lot of confidence from this game into the next game against Latvia.

13/10/17 - Latvia U19s vs Andorra U19s

With confidence at sky high I knew that a draw was possible, but it was not to be. They scored twice before half time meaning I went in at half time disappointed and angered. However in the second half my motivational team talk must have worked as our performance was much better and we got a deserved goal in the 76th minute. Despite the 2-1 loss, it was a good enough performance.

15/10/17 - Andorra U19s vs Austria U19s

The final game of the competition was against against the Austrians. I anticipated this would be a tougher match than the Latvia game, but I was wrong. Our defence was superb in the first half which meant even though we had played poorly, we held a 0-0 score line. However in the 59th minute the Austrians got their goal, even though we were playing much better than them at the time. We kept up our work rate and got a deserved goal in the 67th minute thanks to Michel. We held on for the remaining 23 minutes and got ourselves the first and last point of the competition for us.

YP14 - Average rating for the competition: 6.7

YP18 - Average rating for the competition: 6.2

YP25 - Average rating for the competition: 6.7

YP26 - Average rating for the competition: 6.4

YP33 - Average rating for the competition: 6.2

FINAL TABLE - Despite getting just 1 point in the competition, I have not been sacked.

November

Just two games this month and I needed to get some points from them. The first game was against Principat who finished 4th last season and have been pretty good this season. The second game was against Santa Coloma who last season finished in 1st. Due to this the aim was to get 4 points which would mean a win and a draw at least.

The first game was against Principat. I knew that a win was needed if I wanted to reach my target of 4 points. We played well from start to finish, producing numerous shots on and off the target. We scored from a corner in the 34th minute thanks to YP26. From then on we played fluid attacking football but couldn't get the ball in the net and had to settle for just a 1-0 win.

The second game was against Santa Coloma who at the time found themselves in 3rd place. The aim was to get at least a draw, and that is what we got. For the whole of the 90 minutes not one shot was on target, which is phenomenal considering us and Santa Coloma are the two best clubs in Andorra. The final result was 0-0 which meant we picked up 1 point.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £3.73K.

U19s

Despite having amazing players, they could only win one game out of three.

Best Players

No stand out performances.

Awards/Records

None.

Other News

YP33 scored for the Andorra U21s in their 4-1 defeat to Montenegro.

Overall

Although we ended our winning streak, we remain unbeaten this domestic season. This means we stand proudly at the top of the table, with 2 points more than Sant Julia and Santa Coloma. Top 3 finish is a certainty, but can we win it?

LEAGUE TABLE

December

Just two games this month and I needed to get some points from them. The first game was against Casa Benfica who who were promoted from the Second Division last season. The second game was against FS Massana who last season finished in 5th place in the league. The aim was to get all 6 points, which would be tough but it was possible.

Casa Benfica vs Penya Encarnada

I watched this game with a grin on my face, not because we couldn't score, but instead because of the way we played. We passed the ball fluently, gave the strikers oppotunities, but the only thing we lacked was getting the ball in the net enough times. It was 0-0 in the 80th minute when YP26 tackled from behind and got a straight red card. I was angry. Shortly later Casa Benfica scored from a penalty. I was angry - losing despite dominating. However in the last minute of added on time YP17 scored a deserved equaliser. A bad result but an excellent performance.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

The second game of the month was against FS Massana. We played well up until the 30th minute when YP31 got sent off for a lunging tackle from behind. However we kept our confidence and maintained a good enough performance and won the match 1-0 thanks to YP25 scoring from a corner. A good performance from my 10 man team.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.49K.

U19s

A much better month from the U19s.

Best Players

YP17 - Played well in both matches.

Awards/Records

Striker of the Month - Rudy Lepetre (YP17)

Overall

I didn't fullfill my aim of 6 points, however 4 points is good enough. I'm still top of the league as the other teams have also had poor results of late. I'm a bit worried about our red card issues, but hopefully it's just a coincidence that I had a red card in both matches.

LEAGUE TABLE

January

This month consisted of 3 games and I needed to get loads of points from them. The first game was against Engordany who finished in 6th place last season. The second game was against Sant Julia who last season finished in 3rd place in the league. The final game of the month was against FC Lusitans who were promoted last season from the Second Division. The aim was to get 7 points which would mean 2 wins and a draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany

The first game of the month was against Engordany. A win was vital if I wanted to win the league this season. Our performance was superb and for once we were clinical, which meant we won comfortably 2-0. Just before the half time interval YP33 got a deserved goal from outside the box to take us in at half time 1-0 up. The second goal came in the 61st minute from YP36 - his first goal for the club. A good win to start the month.

This was one of the biggest matches so far this season, but it turned out to be one of the most boring. Our defence held firm against a strong Sant Julia side, and our attacking display was amazing, but we weren't clinical enough which meant the game ended 0-0 - a bore draw.

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada

A must game win if we wanted to get our aim of 7 points. We started off well with YP32 scoring after 31 minutes to break his 13 hour non scoring record. However just before half time FC Lusitans scored an undeserved goal to level the match. I gave another classic motivational speech, and in the 85th minute it paid off - YP33 scoring once again to win the match. A good win and a good performance from the team.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.78K.

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP33 - Scored two goals in three games which is great for a CM.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

I got the aim of 7 points which means I have maintained my 4 point lead over Sant Julia - good.

LEAGUE TABLE

Archived