Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

Season Summary 19/20

Andorran First Division

An amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. We played superbly up until we won the league and from then on our performances were seriously bad. The reason for this is lack of ambition, tiredness and my assman fielding a weak squad. Santa Coloma were runners up this season and FS Massana were third however both teams were way off my points total. Casa Benfica were relegated automatically with 15 points and Engordany lost the play off.

Andorran Second Division

This season Principat B won the league but due to the fact that they can't be promoted due to their A team also being in the First Division, 2nd and 3rd placed teams were promoted. This means that Sant Julia and Encamp will both be featuring in the First Division once again next season. Jenlai finished in 10th and last place with just 8 points.

Andorran Cup

I never put that much effort into winning the cup, although it would have been nice to win it. We performed well up until the final where we were humiliated 3-0 by Santa Coloma. One thing's for certain, next year I will be putting much more effort into winning it as I would love to win the cup once again.

Results 1 , Results 2 - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Won it! They also won the U19s cup.

Transfers - I got rid of 15 players this season, including the last normal play Lorenzo Benisty.

Finances - We got around 207k profit this/last season, most of which came from the European adventure.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. We had many players join us this season who should be able to improve even further next season. The aim is to introduce a few more YPs from the youth team and get rid of the dead wood that really isn't needed.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP07 - Not used as often this season (App:11 Gl:2 Asts:2 Avg:6.93)

YP14 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP18 - Solid passer of the ball (App:24 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.82)

YP20 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP25 - Another great season (App:26 Gl:0 Asts:4 Avg:7.09)

YP26 - Much better than last season (App:27 Gl:2 Asts:0 Avg:7.00)

YP27 - Double hernia victim (App:2 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.60)

YP29 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP33 - Best season for the club so far (App:27 Gl:8 Asts:4 Avg:7.04)

YP34 - Great goalkeeper (App:25 Conc:13)

YP35 - Great penalty taker (App:30 Gl:4 Asts:5 Avg:6.85)

YP36 - 12 appearances from the bench (App:22 Gl:1 Asts:4 Avg:6.76)

YP37 - Doesn't want to stay at the club (App:6 Conc:13)

YP38 - Best season so far (App:30 Gl:0 Asts:3 Avg:7.07)

YP39 - Not good enough (App:7 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.58)

YP40 - Potential is great (App:6 Gl:2 Asts:0 Avg:6.97)

YP41 - Didn't play enough games to judge (App:2 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.05)

YP42 - Impact sub (App:8 Gl:1 Asts:0 Avg:7.07)

YP43 - Great partnership with YP26 (App:30 Gl:6 Asts:1 Avg:7.08)

YP45 - Mixed season (App:17 Gl:5 Asts:3 Avg:6.82)

YP46 - Mixed season (App:10 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.60)

YP47 - Scores and assists loads! (App:27 Gl:12 Asts:13 Avg:7.15)

YP48 - Good enough (App:20 Gl:3 Asts:2 Avg:6.96)

YP49 - Needs time to settle in (App:7 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.66)

YP50 - Needs time to settle in (App:11 Gl:1 Asts:1 Avg:6.61)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Liverpool second and Chelsea third.

Liga BBVA - Real Madrid won the title, Barcelona second and Atletico Madrid third.

Serie A - Inter Milan won the title, Juventus second and Roma third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and Schalke third.

Fa Cup - Chelsea beat Man Utd at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, PSG came second and OM came third.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-season Update

The start of the 20/21 season is upon us and the aim this season is to win the league once again. This would mean a place in the first qualifying round of the Champions League. During pre season I faced opposition in the Champions League, two friendlies, and the Super Cup.

Penya Encarnada vs Floriana (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

This year we got Floriana in the first round. Floriana are possibly the toughest team to get as they are Malta's finest team. I needed a win in the first leg as it was at home but we couldn't get one and instead were fighting to not concede the whole match. The result was 0-0, not bad but not good.

Floriana vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

We actually played pretty well in this game but once again couldn't get a goal, but neither could they. After 120 minutes of boredom and despair we had a penalty shoot out to contest. We won it 6-5 and our only miss of the shootout came from YP07. Through to the second round for the 3rd consecutive year. Happy.

Penya Encarnada vs Legia (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

Legia Warsaw are Poland's best team so I knew this was going to be a tough game. We actually weren't too bad and got a penalty in the 47th minute but YP42 couldn't convert it. We defended well, attacked beautifully and generally were much better than expected. Annoying we didn't score from the penalty but I guess the team wanted to keep up our consecutive 0-0's.

Legia vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

Owned. They had 26 shots and we had 2 shots. Early on in the game YP18 got sent off which really didn't help our cause but our defence was solid and we actually took it to extra time. However in stoppage time of the first half of extra time they scored and that was it. We were out of the Champions League once again. Never mind.

Penya Encarnada vs Penya Encarnada U19s (Friendly) - A 3-3 draw

Penya Encarnada vs Jenlai (Friendly) - A 1-1 draw

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma (Andorran Super Cup)

I wanted to win this so I played the strongest team I could, and they performed excellently. We had loads of chances including 6 shots on target but we couldn't get a goal in normal time. Instantly after going into extra time YP48 got a goal for us, but their player Cano got an equaliser. It all depended on how well we performed in the penalty shoot out. They won it 4-2 and got the super cup despite being absolutely rubbish in the game. Unlucky but the performance pleased me.

Transfers - OUT

I released 10 players which included 4 youth prospects mainly due to their lack of ability for a top team in Andorra, or their lack to agree a contract extension (YP50 and YP37). I'm very disappointed I lost both YP50 and YP37 but they didn't want to stay at the club and I couldn't do anything about it. Annoying.

Transfers - IN

YP51 - A good midfielder who will find himself on the bench for a lot of this season

YP52 - A bit of cover for YP43 and YP26

YP53 - Replacement for YP37

Board Expectations - Winners

My Expectations - Winners

September

The first month of the 20/21 season consisted of two league games. The first game was against Sant Julia who last season were promoted from the Second Division. The second game was against Santa Coloma who have been strong every year and I knew would be tough opposition. The aim was to get 4 points which would mean a win and a draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia

We started off the month against Sant Julia. I knew despite them being Second Division quality last year that they would still be a threat. We started off strongly we a beautiful goal after just 9 minutes from YP35. We continued to dominate but gifted them a goal in the 57th minute. Annoyingly in the 73rd minute YP33 was sent off but it didn't matter as YP48 had the composure to score an easy goal and to win the tie. A good win to start off the season.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

I'm good at dominating games against Santa Coloma but I can never seem to score, and this game was no different. Just like in the Super Cup we were all over them and deserved to win the match but as usual their defence was strong and we couldn't break them down. Due to this the game ended 0-0. Very annoying.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £13.02K.

U19s

A mixed bag of results including a loss in the first round of the U19s cup.

Best Players

No stand out performances.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

A solid month reaching my aim of 4 points. My only issue with the team is they seem to not be able to score enough goals! I need a potent striker but I haven't got one.

LEAGUE TABLE

October

The second month of the season consisted of a whopping 5 matches. The opposition I faced this month was FS Massana, Inter d'Escaldes, Principat, FC Lusitans and Encamp. Principat were the only team I was worried about so the aim was to get 13 points which would mean 4 wins and a draw.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

What a match! We started off well with an excellent strike from YP33 got us one up over FS Massana. From the restart they lost the ball and YP48 took advantage of their mistake and scored well. However YP48 wasn't quite finished. In the 36th minute once again he scored to get his second goal. We continued our dominance in the second half and got our fourth and final goal in the 51st minute. Sadly we couldn't keep a clean sheet as Pedro da Costa scored for them in the 56th minute. A great 4-1 win to start the month.

Inter d'Escaldes vs Penya Encarnada

At the time Inter were over achieving so I knew a win would be tough. They started off the better and got a deserved goal from Carballal in the 35th minute. I told them at half time to buck up their ideas and their performance dramatically improved. A great second half resulted in goals from YP48 and YP07 to turn around the tie. Another good win.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

The third game of the month was against Principat. Before the match I was hoping for a draw, but we got a great win instead. We started off spectacularly scoring in the 1st and 3rd minute thanks to YP42 and YP48. We continued to dominate and got our third goal in the 12th minute thanks to YP47. We entered half time 3-0 and in control of the game. We started the second half as we left off with another goal from YP48 in the 54th minute. However two goals from Jose Leon of Principat got them back to 4-2. However our domination continued as we found the net once again this time from YP49. A 5-2 win, phenomenal.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans

What should have been an easy game was an easy game. Although we entered half time level at 0-0 I knew for a fact that we were going to win the match, and that's exactly what we did. 3 second half goals from YP47 and YP48 meant that we won the match 3-0. Another domination that firmly put us at the top of the table. It was also great to see a clean sheet.

Encamp vs Penya Encarnada

The fifth and final game of the month was away to Encamp. I thought this was going to be an easy game but actually it was really tough. They started off the better getting a deserved goal in the 23rd minute however a wonder strike from YP25 got us level. We played much better in the second half and thanks to a mistake from Encamp we got ourselves a penalty and YP42 converted it well. Another win, this time 2-1.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.51K.

U19s

One of everything.

Best Players

YP42 - Superb performances in place of the injured YP18.

YP47 - 4 goals in 5 appearances.

YP48 - 6 goals in 5 appearances.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP48

Goalkeeper of the Month - YP34

Defender of the Month - YP38

Midfielder of the Month - YP33

Striker of the Month - YP47

Manager of the Month - Me

Overall

Wow! 15/15 points exceeding my aim of 13. Absolutely phenomenal month. Also they seemed to be much more clinical and were able to finish off teams this month, long may it continue!

LEAGUE TABLE

November

Another four games this month and I needed to get as many points as possible from them. The opposition we faced this month included Santa Coloma, FS Massana, Sant Julia and FC Lusitans. I knew the Santa Coloma game would be tough but the rest of the games should have been easy. Therefore the aim for November was to get 10 points which would mean 3 wins and a draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma

The first game of the month was against Santa Coloma. I knew this would be a tough game as Santa Coloma at the time were in 2nd place. Overall we played better than Santa Coloma although either team could have won it. Their star player Nacho Diaz scored from the spot just before half time but an excellent equaliser from YP43 got us a single point. A good draw.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

The second game of the month was against FS Massana. The board had organised the game to be a fans day and thank god it was. We must have got loads of new fans as we dominated FS Massana. YP33 started the scoring with one of his best goals yet however it took until after half time to get our second. Our second goal came from YP48 to take his total to 8 goals. The goal was followed up by a header from YP26 however once again we couldn't keep a clean sheet. Their player Jaume Fernandez scored an absolute scorcher in the 87th minute but our response was getting our own scorcher from YP47 just 3 minutes later. A great 4-1 win.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

The third game of the month was against Sant Julia. We started off the strongest with a beautiful goal from YP35 in the 19th minute but Sant Julia responded wonderfully with a goal in the 21st minute. Just before the half time whistle they scored their second and final goal to lead 2-1 at half time. I told them to improve and that's what they did. Two goals from YP49 and a late goal from YP33 meant we won the game comfortably 4-2. A great comeback.

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada

The fourth and final game of the month was against FC Lusitans. A win was a must and that's exactly what we got, just. The only goal of the match was a stunning goal from YP48 in the 11th minute. We dominated the rest of the game but we couldn't extend our lead. A good win.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £11.66K.

U19s

An unbeaten month.

Best Players

YP33 - Got some amazing goals this month.

YP48 - Keeps on scoring.

YP49 - Two goals this month.

Awards/Records

Striker of the Month - YP48

Other News

YP48's goal in the FC Lusitans match was his tenth of the season! Can he get to 20?

Overall

Another great month achieving our aim nicely. More of the same please.

LEAGUE TABLE

December

This month consisted of just one game and it was against Inter d'Escaldes. Last season Inter finished in 4th place so I knew this game would be tough. The aim was to get the 3 points which would mean winning the match.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes

We had Albert Marina refereeing us, which is never a good sign. YP49 had a great match and scored a wonderful hattrick, although one of the goals was a penalty. The first goal came from a simple strike in the 2nd minute but was followed up by a sending off of YP35. The second goal came in the 36th minute was YP49's second goal and was a beautiful chip over the goalkeeper. Just before half time Inter got their first sending off of the match. In the second half we continued to dominate and Inter got another play sent off, this time in the 73rd minute. We were then awarded a penalty in the 82nd minute and YP49 asked to take it, and scored comfortably. We got a fourth goal in the 88th minute, this time from YP33. What a game! Amazing performance from YP49.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £12.82K.

U19s

Unbeaten again.

Best Players

YP49 - Scored a hattrick!

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

What a month and what a game. Really proud of my players for that performance. Looking forward to January.

LEAGUE TABLE

January

This month consisted of just two games. The teams I faced were Principat and Encamp. I knew that Principat would be a tough test especially as it was away from home however I was expected to beat Encamp. Therefore the aim for January would be to get 4 points.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada

The aim was to get a point from this match, but we did much better than that. In form striker YP48 started the scoring in the 8th minute which was then followed up 14 minutes later with an own goal from Principat. This gave us a comfortable 2-0 lead going into half time that I wanted to extend. In the 56th minute YP47 got through the defence and struck the ball past the oncoming keeper to put us 3 up. The great performance was rounded off by YP48 getting his second goal of the game late on in the match. Another superb performance from YP48 and the team as a whole.

Penya Encarnada vs Encamp

The final game of the month was against Encamp. A win was vital and that is exactly what we got. Unsurprisingly YP48 got the ball rolling with a wonderful strike from outside the 18 yard box in the 29th minute. In the second half we continued to attack and dominate which resulted in our second goal, this time from YP49. This was then followed up in the 80th and 86th minute by two more goals, this time the goalscorers being YP47 and YP48. Another 4-0 win that leaves us with a +8 goal difference for this month and no clean sheets!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £14.59k.

U19s

Two wins, a draw and a loss

Best Players

YP48 - 4 goals in 2 games.

YP34 - 2 clean sheets in 2 games.

Awards/Records

Defender of the Month - YP43

Midfielder of the Month - YP42

Overall

Another amazing month. Two wins with 8 goals scored and no goals conceded. Domination.

LEAGUE TABLE

Going great in the league so far. Unlucky in europe too.

February

As with every February, this was the Andorran Cup month. This month I faced 3 games, of which 1 was in the league and 2 in the cup. We faced FS Massana twice over both competitions and FC Rangers in the 2nd round of the cup. The aim was to get 3 points and progression which would mean wins in all three games.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana (League)

The first game of the month was against FS Massana. Earlier in the season we beat them 4-1 and we did the exact same in this game. The first goal came in the 24th minute thanks to YP47 which was shortly followed up by YP33 in the 32nd minute. Just before half time YP48 got another goal to make it 3-0. We continued to dominate and got our fourth and final goal in the 72nd minute from YP49. Nicolas Bonnet got a consolation goal 5 minutes later but it was too late. Another good win.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Rangers (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

Well this wasn't in the plan. After 120 minutes of football against a poor team we couldn't seem to get the ball in the net. Despite having 18 shots to their 3 only 2 were on target which was too low. In the penalty shoot out FC Rangers were stronger but we held our nerves to win it 4-3. Poor performance.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

The Andorran Cup draw gave us FS Massana in the quarter finals. I knew a win was needed, and that is just what we got. I fielded the best team I could due to my annoyance with the previous round against FC Rangers and our class showed. Goals from YP33, YP42 and YP47 all scored in a dominating performance against FS Massana. Progression is almost a certainty now!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £5.11K. Much better.

U19s

One of each.

Best Players

YP53 - 2 clean sheets out of the 2 games he played this month.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

3 wins out of 3 games which meant we got the aim set before the month had started. Disappointed in the performance against FC Rangers but I will blame it on being a weak side that I decided to field.

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our academy and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year was one of the better youth candidates team for quite a long time. Already at the time two players had 3.5* or more which is really good considering how strong the rest of the team are.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

You may be surprised that I have not made any of the youth candidates YPs yet, this is simply because I don't want to lower the harmony of the team. The current squad are playing well together and I don't want to introduce a new player who may disrupt the squad. However in the pre season next year I'm sure I will be taking 3-5 players up to the senior team.

March

We have once against reached March and this year we had 4 games to contend with. The first game was against FS Massana in the second leg of the Andorran Cup quarter finals. We held a 3-0 aggregate lead which meant progress was likely. We then had 3 league games against Santa Coloma, FS Massana and Inter d'Escaldes. Winning the league was a possibility this month, but did I do it?

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

The first game of the month was our second leg of the quarter finals. We held a 3-0 aggregate lead and were firm favourites to get to the semi finals. It was a relatively slow start to the match and we went in at half time level at 0-0. However within 7 minutes of the restart we got a free kick that was swung in to YP43's head who never misses with his head. However we couldn't hold on and conceded in the 88th minute. A 4-1 aggregate win, very good.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first league game of the month was against Santa Coloma. They were hot on our heels and were the only team that could challenge our title so a win was vital. It took a whopping 80 minutes before we scored but it was worth it. We got a penalty, YP47 stepped up and slammed it home. Just 9 minutes later he doubled our lead with an easy finish from inside the box. A good 2-0 win.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada (League)

An exact repeat of the first game of the month resulted in the exact same scoreline. This time the first goal came from FS Massana in the 12th minute from the spot. However just after the break we then got a penalty and YP42 stepped up and slammed it home. Another good point away to a good opponent.

Inter d'Escaldes vs Penya Encarnada (League)

Going into this match I knew a win would mean the title was ours, but anything less and we would have to wait. We started off the scoring early on in just 12 minute from the amazing YP48. I knew that if I could hold on or even extend the lead we had won the title. In the 66th minute a beautiful pass from YP33 to YP48 who then took it on his right foot and slammed it into the top corner of the goal to get his second and our title. We have won the First Division for the 4th consecutive year!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £17.86K.

U19s

A winning month.

Best Players

YP33 - Despite no goals but lots of assists.

YP47 - Another 2 goals this month.

YP48 - Another 2 goals this month.

Awards

Overall

Won the Andorran First Division once again! Hopefully this year the final games will be all wins as last year we utterly failed. Looking forward to April and May.

LEAGUE TABLE

April

The penultimate month of league games was upon us and this season I had already won the league so the pressure was off. I faced just one league game this month which was against Santa Coloma. A tough team to beat so the aim was to get one point.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma

I knew the game would be an equal game and that is exactly what it was. Neither team seemed able to completely break down either teams defences so scoring was low. However the breakthrough was made in the 38th minute from YP47, but our lead didn't last for long. A superb goal from Omar Pernia, one of Andorra's finest, leveled the match just before half time, and that is how the game ended - a 1-1 draw.

May

A much more action packed month consisting of 4 games. The first game was the final game of the season and it was against Inter d'Escaldes. The 2nd and 3rd games were the two legs in the semi finals of the Andorran Cup. Our opposition were Engordany so progression should have been simple. The fourth game was (spoiler) the final of the Andorran Cup against Santa Coloma. A tough test to end the month. The aim was to do well in all the games, I really didn't care about the results.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes

The final game of the season was against easy opposition so a win was expected however I also anticipated a poor performance due to the title being already won. We put in a reasonable performance but it was not enough to get a win. Inter scored in the 23rd minute to start off the scoring but it took until the 85th minute to get a deserved equaliser, this time from YP26. We end the season on a very nice 50 points, just 10 off the perfect score.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

The first leg of the semi final was upon us and a comfortable win was vital if progression was going to happen. We began the match superbly with YP26 heading home from a superb free kick from YP33. Our second and last goal of the match came in the 79th minute from YP47, a wonderful shot from just inside the box. A comfortable win that surely puts us through to the final.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

A win or a draw would definitely put us through, and that is exactly what we got. We played much better than in the first leg and got the only goal of the game in the 54th minute from the legend that is YP48. This brought his goal tally up to 18 this season over all competition, but more importantly it confirmed progression to the final.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma (Andorran Cup Final)

This was it. I put out the strongest team possible because I needed a win. The Andorran Cup has been hard to win recently and all I needed to do was put in a good performance and the cup was ours. Santa Coloma started strongly scoring after just 3 minutes but we responded well and were gifted an own goal just 11 minutes later. After an inspirational half time team talk the team knew what to do and our performance dramatically improved. Just 2 minutes after the restart we scored what I thought could have been the winning goal, but it was not to be. The score after 90 minutes was 2-2 and either team could have won it in normal time. Extra time was uneventful so I put on my penalty taking subs. The penalty shoot-out however was very unimpressive. Yes we won it, but both teams missed multiple chances, but a win is a win! We lifted the Andorran Cup with pride and that is all I ask for from my team - to make me proud.

U19s

After winning the double last season it was always going to be tough to repeat such an extraordinary feat. In the U19s cup I was hoping for progression to the semi finals but surprisingly they couldn't even get over the first hurdle - the first round. However in the league they were much better and won it with 53 points which is 4 more than the team in second place FS Massana.

Squad - Table - Cup

Season Summary 20/21

Andorran First Division

Another amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. We played superbly up until we won the league and this year we actually continued to play well right up until the end of the season. However it is not all about Penya Encarnada. This season it seemed that only two teams were actually good in the league, the first being us Penya and the second team being Santa Coloma. Usually the team who finish with around 21 points find themselves in 6th place but this year it was 4th place. Santa Coloma finished the season second with 42 points whilst Inter d'Escaldes ended with 25 points and a respectable 3rd place. Encamp were relegated but Principat won the play off and will be in the First Division once again next season.

Andorran Second Division

This season Casa Benfica won the Second Division and will be promoted to the First Division thanks to totalling a nice 42 points to take the title by 6 points. Jenlai surprisingly finished second but couldn't beat Principat in the play off. Despite winning the league last season Principat B finished dead last with just 8 points this season. Strange.

Andorran Cup

Last year I played embarassingly in the cup and never seemed looking like winning it but this year I decided I had to win it. Apart from the second round I played the strongest team I could which meant that with a bit of luck (penalty shootout) I won the cup. A superb achievement. This was just the third time we won it since I took over. The runners up were Santa Coloma who beat us the season before, so it was only fair for us to demolish them at the penalty shootout! :p

U19s League Table - Won it! Great performance.

Transfers - I got rid of 15 players this season, including former MC Vitor Baptista (YP14).

Finances - We got around 236k profit this/last season, most of which came from the European adventure.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. I tried this year to keep the introduction of youth prospects to a minimum as I found they were quite good at disrupting the team. However what this means is that over the summer there will be quite a few new YPs and some may even be first team quality as I have left them in the youth team for a long time to raise their CA.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP07 - Mainly appearances from the bench (App:21 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:6.75)

YP18 - Solid but nothing amazing (App:27 Gl:0 Asts:2 Avg:6.87)

YP20 - 2 clean sheets from 2 games (App:2 Conc:0)

YP25 - Played LB this season and did well (App:24 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:7.14)

YP26 - Didn't play all the games due to injury (App:23 Gl:3 Asts:0 Avg:7.10)

YP27 - Good enough (App:15 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:7.16)

YP33 - 13 assists! Wow! (App:27 Gl:7 Asts:13 Avg:7.23)

YP34 - Another solid season for the young goalie (App:27 Conc:19)

YP35 - Solid but nothing amazing (App:25 Gl:2 Asts:6 Avg:6.82)

YP36 - Benchwarmer (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.70)

YP38 - Played almost every game and deservedly so (App:30 Gl:0 Asts:3 Avg:7.04)

YP39 - Rubbish! (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.50)

YP40 - Not enough appearances to judge him from (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.00)

YP41 - Benchwarmer (App:4 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.93)

YP42 - A good season (App:26 Gl:4 Asts:3 Avg:6.94)

YP43 - Superb partnership with YP26 (App:31 Gl:2 Asts:0 Avg:7.18)

YP45 - Rubbish! (App:12 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.73)

YP46 - Benchwarmer (App:11 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.70)

YP47 - Amazing average rating (App:25 Gl:13 Asts:8 Avg:7.37)

YP48 - Top goalscorer with ease (App:30 Gl:18 Asts:10 Avg:7.37)

YP49 - Much better season including a hattrick (App:22 Gl:8 Asts:4 Avg:7.16)

YP51 - Not enough appearances to judge him from (App:5 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.20)

YP52 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP53 - 2 clean sheets from 2 games (App:2 Conc:0)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Liverpool second and Man City third.

Liga BBVA - Real Madrid won the title, Barcelona second and Atletico Madrid third.

Serie A - AC Milan won the title, Inter second and Juventus third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Schalke second and Werder Bremen third.

Fa Cup - Man Utd beat Liverpool at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Ligue 1 - PSG won the title, Lyon came second and OM came third.

Transfers - IN

YP54 - An excellent MC who is already much better than a couple of my MCs. Will probably find himself on the bench for the majority of the upcoming season.

YP55 - A good DC who is better than YP40 and will be looking to get some appearances in the upcoming season.

YP56 - A much needed striker who can score.

Transfers - OUT

YP07 - Didn't want to even begin contract discussions. The end of an era in Penya's history. He played 175 times for us and scored 63 goals, hopefully these stats will mean that clubs will be wanting him.

The Andorran Invincibles!

:lol:

Europe

Penya Encarnada 4 - 2 Marsaxlokk (Champions League Qual. 1 Leg 1)

Marsaxlokk 2 - 1 Penya Encarnada (Champions League Qual. 1 Leg 2)

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Slovan Bratislava (Champions League Qual. 2 Leg 1)

Slovan Bratislava 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada (Champions League Qual. 2 Leg 2)

Penya Encarnada 0 - 3 FC Kobenhavn (Champions League Qual. 3 Leg 1)

FC Kobenhavn 2 - 1 Penya Encarnada (Champions League Qual. 3 Leg 2)

Penya Encarnada 0 - 5 Heerenveen (Europa League Qual. 4 Leg 1)

Heerenveen 6 - 0 Penya Encarnada (Europa League Qual. 4 Leg 2)

What a journey! Once again I was expecting to win in the first round and then lose in the second but I actually progressed. By reaching the third round it automatically means that you get a chance in the Europa League which is incredible considering how small a club we are. We got just one step away from the group stages of the Europa League which makes me very proud to manage them. I can't wait for the league to begin!

September

The first month of the 21/22 season consisted of the Super Cup and two league matches. In the Super Cup we faced Santa Coloma who finished just below us in second place last season. However in the league we had relatively easy opponent; FS Massana and Casa Benfica. The aim for September was to win all the matches! A tough aim but easily achievable.

Penya Encarnada 5 - 0 Santa Coloma

We started off the month against Santa Coloma in the Super Cup. I was fully expecting a tough game with both teams scoring and possibly going to penalties, but this year it was completely different. Although we didn't dominate Santa Coloma what we did do was be clinical. We pounced upon many mistakes and instead of missing one on ones, we actually scored them! YP47 got a hattrick and YP49 got a double to secure an amazing 5-0 win against our rivals. Amazing.

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 FS Massana

I was fully expecting another comfortable win as our confidence was sky high, but our performance seemingly was not. In the first half we played the better and at times were unstoppable, and got a deserved goal in the 25th minute from YP43. However despite hitting the woodwork 3 times during the game we couldn't get the ball in the goal and paid the price. A 1-1 draw.

Casa Benfica 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada

An away match against recently promoted Casa Benfica should have been easily, and it certainly was. We completely dominated them and we even missed a penalty in the process. However the major talking point of the match was about the referee, Albert Marina. As posted a few days ago - he is an idiot. In 13 games last year he gave out 88 yellow cards and 5 red cards, and it looked like he wanted to give out even more this season. Thankfully most of the cards went to Casa Benfica and we didn't get a player suspended. Good result but disappointed the ref was Albert Marina.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £8.50K. Much better.

U19s

Absolutely rubbish! Words cannot fully describe how badly they've played.

Best Players

YP26 - Solid in defence and scored a goal

YP47 - An amazing striker

YP49 - His skill on the ball is almost as good as Messi's. Maybe.

Awards/Records

Defender of the Month - YP26

Other News

Some team in Spain are now Penya's second parent club. Will give us 20k a year which will help.

I have resigned from the Andorran U19s. The reason is because most of my players are now at U21s quality and I would rather deal with my players on the international scene. Now I have to wait for the U21s boss to resign, but he has been there since 2011.

Overall

Although the aim wasn't reached, the performances were amazing. 9 goals in 3 matches with just 1 goal conceded is a dream and I hope it continues into October.

LEAGUE TABLE

Well done in Europe!

Thanks :thup:. I now have £1.4m in the bank ready to use but the board seem reluctant to use it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how many times your team has hit the woodwork and compare it with the other teams? I have hit the woodwork 11 times in the last 4 games to the opposition's 1. Very annoying. Never happened before in this save so will blame it on being unlucky.

After trying to get an upgrade for the youth facilities failed I decided to ask for training facilities. They accepted, but when I saw the cost I instantly regretted it. Never mind.

RamazanJesusNews_Inbox-95.png

Can only check the other teams matches manually..at least there's nothing on the league stats for hitting the woodwork.
The hitting the woodwork thingie... It usually happens when you have 3 attackers. Used to have a lot more on my Rubin save, but lately I'm at 1 or 2 per match...but there were matches with 4 and 5.

Thanks guys. :thup:

October

The second month of the season consisted of 4 matches. The opposition I faced this month was Principat, FC Lusitans, Santa Coloma and Inter d'Escaldes. A pretty tough month to over come to hence my aim for October was to get 10 points which would mean at least 3 wins and a draw.

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Principat

What a way to kick off the month. We absolutely dominated the match and could have got more but the woodwork was Principat's 12th player saving a nice 4 shots, 3 of which from YP56! YP47 started off the scoring in the 26th minute and then YP48 got a second just a minute later, pouncing on a Principat mistake from the restart. Our third and final goal came just before half time from YP33 and that ended up being the final goal. Well done team, well done woodwork.

FC Lusitans 1 - 2 Penya Encarnada

Phew! Mr Albert Marina was refereeing this match so I decided to tell the team to not even touch their players as it would be an instant yellow, sadly three players ignored me. However the performance itself was excellent with YP47 scored in the 3rd minute of added on time to get a deserved winner against a weak team. Marina also performed superbly giving out 8 yellow cards and a red card, which is around about his average.

Santa Coloma 2 - 2 Penya Encarnada

The third game of the month was against Santa Coloma. I knew this game would be tough, but that didn't stop me fielding an attacking side. Although we started off the stronger and performed the better overall, Santa Coloma were leading 2-0 on the hour mark. However a great comeback consisting of two excellent goals from YP47 meant my anger and rage was reduced. A good result, but it should have been a win.

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Inter d'Escaldes

Our fourth and final match was against Inter d'Escaldes. Once again we let in an early goal, this time in the 5th minute. However we kept calm, carried on and got an equaliser just before half time. I gave an inspirational team talk but sadly this time it had no effect and the game ended 1-1. Not a great performance, but it wasn't a loss so it's not that bad.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £1.45K. Woohoo!

U19s

Two wins and a draw, much better.

Best Players

YP43 - Defended well and made some crucial tackles.

YP47 - 4 goals in 4 appearances.

Awards

Other News

Welcome to the club YP57. Needed a new benchwarmer as YP45 is only 1*, so in comes 2.5* Jesus.

Overall

Solid but not good enough. Need to convert draws into wins if we want to win the First Division once again.

LEAGUE TABLE

Do you actually have at least 2.4M on balance? If not one of them will be canceled, that happened to me recently.

No, just 1.4m. Hopefully the training facilities will be cancelled, but I suspect it will be the youth facilities.

November

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Casa Benfica

The first game of the month was against Casa Benfica. We started off the strongest and passed the ball well resulting in a goal, but it definitely wasn't an ordinary goal! A power strike from way out from YP33, simply amazing. Our second goal came around the hour mark with a nice slotted shot past the goalkeeper from YP47. The third final goal came just 8 minutes from the end of the match, this time from top goalscorer last year YP48.

FS Massana 2 - 3 Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against FS Massana. I was confident I could win this game so replaced a couple of the tired players with less experienced younger members of the team. Once again YP33 started off the scoring for us, another wonder strike. However straight from the restart FS Massana levelled the match with a headed goal. We then regained the lead from the restart thanks to YP47. He followed up on the hour mark to get his second of the match and our third. We conceded once again just 6 minutes later but it wasn't enough for FS Massana.

Sant Julia 1 - 4 Penya Encarnada

The third game of the month was against Sant Julia. For once we didn't get a goal early on, this time it took until the 41st minute for YP47 to be played onside with only the keeper to beat, and as expected he scored. He doubled his goal tally and our goal count just a minute after half time, another one on one. YP48 felt left out and decided to thunder a shot into the back of the net minutes later followed up by YP33's third goal of the month. However we couldn't hold out and conceded a consolation goal in the 87th minute.

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Santa Coloma

The fourth and final game of the month was against Santa Coloma. A win was a must if I wanted to stay top of the table. I had to start YP56 and YP57 due to injuries, and they did me proud. YP56 got two and YP48 got one to mean we won the most vital match of the month 3-0, exactly what we deserved. Our passing movement, our attacking flair and our defending ability showed to Andorra why we are the best in the country. A great win, really happy with it.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £6.05K.

U19s

Two wins and a loss.

Best Players

YP33 - 3 goals in 4 games.

YP47 - 5 goals in 3 games, superb goal scorer.

YP48 - Got 2 goals this month.

YP56 - Gave him a start in the team, and did me proud. 2 goals in 1 game.

Awards

Manager of the Month - Jesus Ramazan

Overall

Four wins out of four games, simply superb. Long may it continue.

LEAGUE TABLE

December

Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 FC Lusitans

The first game of the month was against FC Lusitans. A win was absolutely vital against second to bottom team FC Lusitans. Once again we started off well, this time YP48 scoring just 7 minutes into the game. He then doubled the lead 6 minutes later with a cracking shot from just outside the 18 yard box. However we couldn't keep a clean sheet and gave them a goal due to defensive mistake just after half time. However YP33 put the game out of doubt with another classic belter of a shot in the 63rd minute.

Penya scorers: YP48 (2), YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP33

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 964

Principat 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada

The second and final game of the month was against Principat. Principat at the time were mid table but my bad record against them meant not losing was vital. Once again it was YP33 getting the early goal with another one of his classics, this time from 40 yards out - an absolute screamer! However our former player YP44 did what we could never get him to do which is score. A headed goal from a corner got them the equaliser and the eventual point. A boring game but a solid draw that both teams deserved.

Penya scorers: YP33 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 933

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £14.2K.

U19s

2 wins and 2 losses. Not great but could've been worse.

Best Players

YP33 - Consistently scoring long range goals

YP48 - Two goals in the game against FC Lusitans

Awards

None.

Overall

A solid month that could have gone better, but then again could have gone worse.

LEAGUE TABLE

January

Inter d'Escaldes 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. We started off the match surprisingly nervous and played poor passes and gave them chances. However we quickly got into our rhythm and got our first goal of the match just before half time from YP48. This was then followed up just after the hour mark by YP47 to confirm the win and all 3 points. A poor start but a great middle and end to the match.

Penya scorers: YP48 (1), YP47 (1)

Penya MoM: YP43

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 836

Penya Encarnada 5 - 0 Sant Julia

The second and final game of the month was against Sant Julia. Once again we starting relatively poorly and found ourselves struggling to get going. However the breakthough was made in the 27th minute from in form striker YP47 with a cool finish past the oncoming keeper. We continued to dominate but got two unfortunate injuries that led to YP57 coming on. Within 8 minutes of coming on he grabbed his first goal for the club, hopefully the first of many. In the second half I asked for more of the same and that is what I got. Two goals from YP49 and an own goal from Sant Julia meant that we got 3 second half goals which made it 5-0 overall.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP57 (1), YP49 (2)

Penya MoM: YP49

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1279

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £13.13k.

U19s

Terrible month consisting of two losses.

Awards

Defender of the Month - YP38

Striker of the Month - YP49

Manager of the Month - Ramazan Jesus

Managers Thoughts

Another great month. Not once did we concede a goal this month in 120 minutes of football and yet we still played in an attacking way throughout. Extremely pleased.

My player of the month: YP49

My target for the month: 6 points

Points gained this month: 6 points

LEAGUE TABLE

February

FS Massana 0 - 0 Penya Encarnada (League)

The first game of the month was against FS Massana. I needed a win but I just couldn't get it! Although we were the better team for most of the game, the lack of chances meant that not a single goal was scored. I'm disappointed with the team, but FS Massana had a good defence to be fair.

Penya scorers: None

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 996

Santa Coloma 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

We were drawn in the second round of the cup against Santa Coloma who were obviously hoping to get to the final once again if they avoided us. However they didn't avoid us so it meant one of us were going out of the cup prematurly, and luckily for us it was them. The legend that is Albert Marina decided to keep up his crazy form this time giving out 11 yellow cards and a red. Despite the refereeing contraversy, we scored once in each half to get an excellent win and progress to the quarter finals.

Penya scorers: YP49 (1), YP48 (1)

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 619

Engordany 0 - 4 Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

We were drawn in the quarter finals against Engordany. Despite the first leg being away from home, I fully expected a win. Although we absolutely dominated the first half of the match we couldn't get the ball in the net so didn't score, however in the second half the game erupted. YP57 opened the scoring with his first goal for the club, followed up by YP49 getting another goal thanks to his pace and flair on the ball. YP54 then decided he wanted a goal and scored a beauty from outside the box. In the 93rd minute YP57 got hacked down from an Engordany player and we got a penalty, which YP42 scored with ease. Progress a certainty, that's for sure!

Penya scorers: YP57 (1), YP49 (1), YP54 (1), YP42 (1)

Penya MoM: YP47

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 144

Penya Encarnada 2 - 1 Engordany (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

We held a 4-0 lead going into this match so I played a weak team as I wanted to make sure the newer YPs got a chance this season. However the star of the show wasn't a really new YP, it was instead YP49. Scoring in either half meant he got two goals and a win for us, as Engordany also scored early on in the game. A 6-1 win overall - very good.

Penya scorers: YP49 (2)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 519

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £18.03K.

U19s

One of each.

Awards

None.

Managers Thoughts

A 0-0 draw in the league was poor but I'm sure we will get over it. However the wins in the cup were absolutely superb and I couldn't have wished for anything better than progression to the semi finals of the cup. A good, solid month which I will be looking to improve on in March.

Target for the month: 3 points and progression to the semi finals

Points gained this month: 1 point and progression to the semi finals

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

Once again the time has come to see who has come from Penya's rather horrific academy. As always the aim is to get around 10 decent players who hopefully have a high enough potential to be featuring in the first team in years to come.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

For the third year running none of the players will become youth prospects immediately. Although the quality is good, our first team are so strong at the moment that they are frankly not good enough yet. Hopefully in a couple of years they will have met their potential and I will be able to add them to the first team.

March

Santa Coloma 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Santa Coloma. We started poorly and conceded a penalty in the 7th minute, but luckily Nacho Diaz missed! We then began to put on pressure which resulted in YP38 getting his first goal for the club. We went into half time one up, and I told them to not get complacent. They didn't. In the 65th minute YP48 got a goal from just inside the box and then YP43 got a headed goal just 10 minutes later. A great win against such a good team away from home.

Penya scorers: YP38 (1), YP48 (1), YP43 (1)

Penya MoM: YP26

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 798

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 FS Massana

The second game of the month was against FS Massana, the team we drew 0-0 with last month. I wanted to see a much better performance and that is exactly what I got. YP49 opened the scoring in the 15th minute with a slotted shot past the goalkeeper. This was then followed up by a nice goal from YP47. The final goal came from a penalty in the 79th minute which YP33 rocketed into the back of the net. We have won the title for the 5th consecutive season!

Penya scorers: YP49 (1), YP47 (1), YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP25

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1277

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Principat

The third and final game of the month was against Principat. I know from experience that once the title has been won we don't play as well so I fielded a strong team. Although it took us until the 82nd minute to get a goal, it was worth it. We had dominated the game and should have won it by more goals but a win is a win.

Penya scorers: YP43 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1215

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £4.68K.

U19s

A win and a loss in the league. A draw against the youth candidates.

Awards

Player of the Month - YP43

Defender of the Month - YP26

Managers Thoughts

A great month that means we have retained our title once again. The win against Santa Coloma was great as I felt that the strength of the team wasn't there, but seemingly it was. Although we could have quite easily drawn the game against Principat, it was good to see us score even if it was late in the game.

My player of the month: YP26

Target for the month: 7 points

Points gained this month: 9 points

LEAGUE TABLE

April

Principat 0 - 0 Penya Encarnada

The only game of the month was away to Principat. A tough challenge that I really wanted to win, but just couldn't. We absolutely dominated the match but the shots weren't good enough and not enough of them were on target. We also had YP33 got sent off by Albert Marina! Even with 10 men we had enough chances to win it but luck was not on our side. Never mind.

Penya MoM: YP38

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 943

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £22.01K.

U19s

Finally playing better football. An unbeaten month.

Awards

None.

Managers Thoughts

Just one game this month that resulted in a draw. Not the best result but it could have been worse. The final game of the season is at home to Santa Coloma so I will be looking for the win in that game.

My player of the month: YP38

Target for the month: 3 points

Points gained this month: 1 points

LEAGUE TABLE

This will be my only update today as I will be going to watch the mighty Crystal Palace play Nottingham Forest and probably lose :p

May

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Santa Coloma

The only league game of the month of May was against second placed Santa Coloma. Although I knew the season was basically over and the winner of this game would not benefit that much, I felt I had to win it for the fans. Although we were dominant throughout the game it took until the 82nd minute for substitute YP56 to head the ball into the net. A great relief that meant we got the 3 points and a win! A superb performance from the whole team which meant we got what we deserved.

Penya scorers: YP56 (1)

Penya MoM: YP18

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1324

FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS

The Andorran Cup games will be in the next post

Andorran Cup

Principat 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

The cup drew Penya against Principat. I knew a draw or a win was vital in this first leg as it would decide the team I put out in the second. We started well and got a deserved goal in the 26th minute from YP47. This was then followed up in the 40th minute with another goal also coming from YP47. Our third and final goal of the match came from new midfielder YP54 in the 52nd minute to seal the win. Although we continued to play well we couldn't get another goal.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2), YP54 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 858

Penya Encarnada 3 - 2 Principat (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

Progression was certain so I put out a slightly weaker side, although it wasn't that weak. We started the strongest once again which meant YP42 got his second goal of the season in the 10th minute. We continued to play fluidly and got our second from a corner thanks to YP43. However the game was not over as they scored to pull one goal back, although it was more of a consolation goal. We got a third thanks to substitute YP18 but from the restart they scored once again. We got the deserved win but I would have liked to have kept a clean sheet.

Penya scorers: YP42 (1), YP43 (1), YP18 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 827

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Inter d'Escaldes (Andorran Cup Final)

An easy opponent in the final surely meant an easy win, but it was not to be. For the full 90 minutes we dominated the match, passes well but injuries robbed us of a goal I suspect. With a poor attacking force I was almost certain the game would go to penalties but in the 105+3 minute we got our goal from YP43. It was great to have won the cup for the second time in a row, but we should have won it much better than we did.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1800 (FULL)

Records

My 300th match with Penya Encarnada

New defensive record

Goalscoring record for YP47

Man of the Match record for YP43

New average attendance record

Season Summary 21/22

Andorran First Division

Another amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. We played superbly up until we won the league and this year we actually continued to play well right up until the end of the season. We ended up with two fewer points than last season although we still we comfortably top of the table throughout the season. Santa Coloma came second with 34 points and Principat came third with 30 points. FC Lusitans and Sant Julia were both relegated with 19 and 18 points. Overall another good year that I will looking to replicate next season.

Andorran Second Division

This year Extremenya, a team I have a very good record against, finished top of the table and got promoted with 37 points. Jenlai finished a remarkable second with 33 points, which is outstanding considering they used to be the weakest team in Andorra. Santa Coloma B finished bottom of the table with 10 points. I look forward to playing both Extremenya and Jenlai next year as I hope to score a lot of goals against them.

Andorran Cup

Last year I won the Andorran Cup so this year I was hoping to do it for the second year running. I started off the campaign strongly beating one of the favourites Santa Coloma 2-0 at their place. I then faced Engordany who I dispatched with ease 6-1. In the semi finals I faced third placed Principat so was expecting tough games, but easily won the two matches 6-2 on aggregate. I faced Inter in the final which although we played the better, it took until extra time to get the winning goal. A great win to make it two consecutive Andorran Cup wins.

U19s League Table - Mid table stuff.

Transfers - I got rid of just 4 players this season, the most notable being Remy Bauduin (YP07).

Finances - We got around 400k profit but the youth facilities have costed £1.2 million.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. I tried this year to keep the introduction of youth prospects to a minimum as I found they were quite good at disrupting the team. However what this means is that over the summer there will be quite a few new YPs and some may even be first team quality as I have left them in the youth team for a long time to raise their CA.

Tactics

Youth Prospects

YP18 - Another solid season (App:25 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.85)

YP20 - Didn't play (App:0 Conc:0)

YP25 - A great season for the player (App:33 Gl:0 Asts:4 Avg:7.12)

YP26 - Really pleased with his performances (App:33 Gl:2 Asts:4 Avg:6.99)

YP27 - Will be leaving this summer (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.75)

YP33 - Pretty much an identical season to last (App:30 Gl:8 Asts:9 Avg:7.23)

YP34 - Amazing season! (App:32 Conc:33)

YP35 - Another solid season (App:23 Gl:0 Asts:5 Avg:6.88)

YP36 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP38 - Got his first ever goal for Penya (App:33 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:6.96)

YP39 - Looking to sell him soon (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP40 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP41 - Good performances when called upon (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:7.15)

YP42 - Benchwarmer (App:13 Gl:2 Asts:1 Avg:6.82)

YP43 - Phenomenal! (App:35 Gl:6 Asts:1 Avg:7.14)

YP45 - Hmmmm... not sure about him (App:12 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.60)

YP46 - Benchwarmer (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.80)

YP47 - Best player at the club (App:24 Gl:20 Asts:10 Avg:7.64)

YP48 - Solid season (App:32 Gl:11 Asts:9 Avg:7.04)

YP49 - Full of skills and tricks with added pace (App:33 Gl:10 Asts:5 Avg:6.96)

YP51 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP52 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP53 - The cup goalkeeper (App:3 Conc:1)

YP54 - Great first season! (App:32 Gl:5 Asts:5 Avg:6.92)

YP55 - Not enough games to judge him from (App:4 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.95)

YP56 - Had some good games but also had some bad games (App:22 Gl:3 Asts:4 Avg:6.77)

YP57 - Future star (App:12 Gl:2 Asts:3 Avg:7.00)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Liverpool second and Chelsea third.

Liga BBVA - Barcelona won the title, Real Madrid second and Atletico Madrid third.

Serie A - AC Milan won the title, Inter second and Juventus third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and Schalke third.

Fa Cup - Man Utd beat Arsenal at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Ligue 1 - PSG won the title, Lyon came second and OM came third.

Champions Cup

Penya Encarnada 5 - 1 Murata (Champions Cup Qual. 1 Leg 1)

What a superb performance! I was expecting a win, but I did not expect to score 5 goals! YP47 started off the scoring in the 14th minute with a well placed shot past the goalkeeper. YP57 then decided to join in on the action with a nice goal in the 21st minute. Although Murata got a goal back just 8 minutes after our second goal, YP47 and YP33 got two more goals to give us a comfortable lead once again. YP57 finished off the scoring in the 67th minute to get his second and our fifth.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2), YP57 (2), YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP57

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1752

Murata 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada (Champions Cup Qual. 1 Leg 2)

All we needed to do is hold our amazing lead, and that is what we did. A goal from YP48 in either half meant we succeeded in maintaining our lead and extending it. The only thing that kind of disappoints me is that Murata were down to 10 men for most of the match meaning we should have been able to score many more than we did. However a great 7-1 aggregate win.

Penya scorers: YP48 (2)

Penya MoM: YP48

Attendance at Serravalle: 80

FC Kobenhavn 3 - 0 Penya Encarnada (Champions Cup Qual. 2 Leg 1)

We got one of the toughest teams in the second qualifying round which meant that progression was almost certainly stopped. We tried our best to keep the game as even as possible but we couldn't stop them from passing the ball around us with ease. A 3-0 loss was disappointing but expected.

Attendance at Parken: 19,043

Penya Encarnada 0 - 2 FC Kobenhavn (Champions Cup Qual. 2 Leg 2)

Although the score line shows a poor performance from us once again, it was quite the opposite. At times we were the better side and showed our class but couldn't put the ball into the net. As expected FC Kobenhavn have much better strikers than us who have the ability to get the ball in the net with much fewer shots than us. Due to that we lost the game 2-0 but could have got a draw from it if we had better strikers.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1800 (FULL)

Pre-season Update

Penya Encarnada 1 - 1 Bologna (Friendly)

My assistant manager arranged a friendly against Bologna who are currently in the Serie A. I wasn't expecting much but actually ended up getting a draw. Although Bologna put out a team which was miles better than mine, even if it wasn't their best team, my solid Andorran defence stopped them from scoring more than once and our attack was good enough to create chances. A really enjoyable game with an amazing score line... happy! :)

Penya scorers: YP52 (1)

Penya MoM: YP52

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1750

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Santa Coloma (Andorran Super Cup)

Although there really isn't much point in the Super Cup, I wanted to win it for the second time in a row as it is a piece of silverware, however worthless it is. The game generally was appalling with both team's defences failing to deal with crosses and shots. The chances we had were rubbish and barely worth watching so I put on new youth prospect YP59. We got a corner shortly after, YP47 aimed it towards YP59's head and he put it in the net - even though he only has 2 for heading! A poor performance but a great result.

Penya scorers: YP59 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1514

Transfers - OUT

I released 10 players which included 3 youth prospects mainly due to their lack of ability for a top team in Andorra, or their lack to agree a contract extension (YP27). I'm slightly disappointed I couldn't agree a contract extension with YP27, although it will mean that YP46 will get more opportunities in the first team, especially in the cup. YP39 and YP51 lack the ability to command the midfield so I decided to let them go as they weren't going to ever play again if they stayed, not even in the cup.

Transfers - IN

YP58 (coach report) - A good midfielder who I will be looking to use to up the tempo of matches.

YP59 (coach report) - A very physical midfielder so I will need to raise some of his other stats through training.

Board Expectations - Winners

My Expectations - Winners

100 Appearances

All these players have achieved 100 or more appearances for Penya Encarnada as of 01/09/22

Alvaro Jimenez (YP18) - 169 apps

Rémy Bauduin (YP07) - 168 apps

Wilson Zambrano (YP25) - 156 apps

Antonio Alcaraz (YP33) - 130 apps

Sergio Teixeira (YP26) - 127 apps

Arturo Fernandez (YP38) - 126 apps

Paco Quintana (YP34) - 126 apps

Emilio Magnano (YP43) - 122 apps

50 Goals

All these players have scored 50 or more goals for Penya Encarnada as of 01/09/22

Rémy Bauduin (YP07) - 63 goals

Fabien Dumont (YP47) - 51 goals

Just added this section to one of the opening posts for anyone who is interested. I will update it at the end of every season.

September

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Casa Benfica

The first game of the month and season was against Casa Benfica. We started off the strongest and after an amazing run from YP48 which included him going around several defenders, he slammed the ball into the net past the confused goalkeeper. He then did it again just 10 minutes later, an almost replica of the first. We scored the third and final goal of the match in the 71st minute from YP47. Sadly YP48 couldn't get a hattrick due to injury, but what a performance from the young man!

Penya scorers: YP48 (2), YP47 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1545

Extremenya 3 - 5 Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against Extremenya. They started in dramatic fashion scoring from their first chance of the match. However I knew we weren't going to lose the match and it took just 17 minutes to take the lead - YP48 scoring the first goal and YP33 scoring the second. We extended our lead just 10 minutes before the break thanks to YP47 to come into half time 3-1 up. The second half was just as entertaining as the first with YP48 and YP47 getting another goal each to make it 5-1. However Extremenya's threat from corners was apparent as they scored two more goals from corners to make it 5-3. All of their goals came from corners which kind of tells me we need to improve defending corners. However a great win and an entertaining match to spectate.

Penya scorers: YP48 (2), YP33 (1), YP47 (2)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1040

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a profit of £19.90K. This is due to having a parent club giving us money.

U19s

Absolutely rubbish! Words cannot fully describe how badly they've played in all 3 matches.

Awards

Defender of the Month - YP25

Other News

The junior coaching has once again been upgraded. It is now at a good level.

Managers Thoughts

A great month. Although we shouldn't have conceded so many goals against Extremenya, it showed that we can score loads of goals ourselves. A nice 8 goals scored but an annoying 3 conceded this month. The attendances however have been superb this month - I can't believe how many are coming to see us play home and away!

My player of the month: YP48

Target for the month: 6 points

LEAGUE TABLE

October

Jenlai 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was away to Jenlai. We started the strongest and got a goal in the 30th minute thanks to YP47. However straight from the restart Jenlai got a goal, a good cross met by a nice header. However we maintained the pressure and got two second half goals, the first due to an own goal from their goalkeeper and the second from YP56. A nice win to start off the month, although I would have hoped for a clean sheet.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP56 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 961

FS Massana 0 - 4 Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was away to FS Massana. Once again we started the match well and got a goal in the 21st minute from YP49. He followed up his first goal with a second just 3 minutes after the first, a simple finish past the goalkeeper. Then, just 3 more minutes later, YP25 got the ball, attempted a cross but somehow went in. A total fluke! The final goal came just 10 minutes before half time from YP49 to round off his hattrick. A superb performance from him.

Penya scorers: YP49 (3), YP25 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 948

Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Inter d'Escaldes

The third game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. It was a rather equal match with both teams having opportunities to score, but we were the most clinical and due to that won the match. YP48 began the scoring just 6 minutes before half time with a nice goal from just outside the box. However the second half was when we showed our true class. YP57 got two excellent goals in the 52nd and 86th minute to seal a 3-0 win and get himself two goals. An excellent performance from every player.

Penya scorers: YP48 (1), YP57 (2)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1507

Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 Santa Coloma

Our fourth and final match was against Santa Coloma. Although in the league they were failing I knew this match would still be extremely tough as 4 players out of our first eleven were injured including YP47. We started the strongest but couldn't make the breakthrough until the 21st minute when we were awarded a very contraversional penalty from Albert Marina and converted it well. That was the only goal of the match, a great win.

Penya scorers: YP48 (1)

Penya MoM: YP26

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1142

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £4.80K.

U19s

Three wins out of three. Excellent!

Awards

Player of the Month - YP49

Goalkeeper of Month - YP34

Defender of the Month - YP25

Striker of the Month - YP48

Managers Thoughts

Another great month. Although our performance against Jenlai wasn't the as good as it could have been, the other three matches made up for it. This month we scored a whopping 11 goals and conceded just 1 which is a great record. Really looking forward to seeing how long we can keep up this winning run going.

Target for the month: 10 points

Points gained this month: 12 points

LEAGUE TABLE

November

Principat 1 - 2 Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Principat. The game was fairly equal and neither team could create enough chances before half time to get an early goal. However in the second half the game erupted into life. We started the strongest with a goal after just 3 minutes from the restart from YP59. However they then had a chance in th 56th minute that was deflected in by my goalkeeper. However we kept strong and just 3 minutes later got the lead again thanks to YP57, and this time we held onto it.

Penya scorers: YP59 (1), YP57 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 885

Penya Encarnada 5 - 0 Extremenya

The second game of the month was against Extremenya. What a game! The first half an hour was boring and tedious as each highlight was for us and we kept putting it wide and wasting opportunities. However in the 38th and 41st minute YP48 struck two beautiful goals into the back of the net to give us a deserved 2-0 lead going into half time. Once again we were slow to start in the second half but in the 71st and 73rd minute we got another two goals from YP49 and YP57 to make it 4-0. The final goal came from a silly own goal from them to make it 5-0. Emphatic win!

Penya scorers: YP48 (2), YP49 (1), YP57 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1302

Santa Coloma 1 - 4 Penya Encarnada

The third game of the month was against Santa Coloma. Although the game was fairly equal in the first half Pernia broke the deadlock for Santa Coloma with a nice chip over the goalkeeper in the 20th minute. However a spirited recovery occured in the second half with YP48 netting once just 12 minutes after the restart and then a phenomenal hattrick by YP49 followed. A simply amazing turnaround led by the incredible YP49.

Penya scorers: YP48 (1), YP49 (3)

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 874

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.49K.

U19s

Good start to the month but ended badly.

Awards

Surprisingly none.

Managers Thoughts

Another winning month. The wins against Extremenya and Santa Coloma were simply superb as we hit 9 goals past both of them overall and only conceded one. It was also good to beat Principat and Santa Coloma as they used to be tough teams to beat in the past, but this season I can't seem to even draw against them!

Points gained this month: 9 points

LEAGUE TABLE

December

Penya Encarnada 4 - 0 FS Massana

The first game of the month was against FS Massana. We started well with a high tempo and got an early goal thanks to YP49 in the 3rd minute. We doubled our lead just 22 minutes later with another well worked goal, this time the scorer being YP59. Just before half time YP49 had one last chance and scored to get his second and our third. We continued to dominate in the second half and got another goal in the 74th minute from YP48. A comfortable 4-0 win. Happy! :)

Penya scorers: YP49 (2), YP59 (1), YP48 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1312

Casa Benfica 0 - 1 Penya Encarnada

The second and final game of the month was against Casa Benfica. This match was quite strange as we had a whopping 18 shots of which 5 were on target, but their goalkeeper was simply phenomenal. We got the only goal of the match in the 21st minute from YP43. If it wasn't for that goal it would have been an embarassing score line!

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 933

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £7.86K.

U19s

A great month including a 6-1 demolition!

Awards

None.

Managers Thoughts

Another superb winning month that ensures we remain top of the table with ease. The win against FS Massana was great and it meant YP59 got 5 goals in just 2 games. The win against Casa Benfica was dominant but score line does not reflect that. Luckily a 1-0 win still means 3 points! Very happy with the performances this month which will hopefully continue into the next month.

Target for the month: 6 points

LEAGUE TABLE

News

New arrival: After looking through my U19s squad I found a really gem of a player. YP60 is a striker who is currently rated as being 1.5* which is half a star better than YP48. He has a great potential and I look forward to playing him in the cup this year and next then possibly the league if he really develops well.

Player Profile - Coach Report

Facilities: The youth facilities have been fully upgraded now. They cost the club 1.2m and have increased our youth facilities from a minimal level to a basic level which is much better. I look forward to seeing if this investment pays of this season.

Youth Facilities Upgraded

Andorra: For the past few years it has only been YP26 in the national senior squad however at long last YP47 has been included in it. I hope he will get his first cap soon as it will help his CA and his reputation. Hopefully international experience will make him a better player overall.

Two Players called up for International Duty

January

Penya Encarnada 4 - 0 Jenlai

The first game of the month was against Jenlai. I was hoping for a solid win and that hope became more realistic when YP49 got our first goal in the 19th minute. After half time we continued to pressure but with a faster tempo which meant we got three second half goals. YP48 got the first with a nice finish past the goalkeeper, the second was an own goal from their keeper although it was due to YP58 hitting the bar, and the third was a header from a corner by YP43. A comfortable win.

Penya scorers: YP49 (1), YP48 (1), YP43 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1283

Inter d'Escaldes 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. In the first half we absolutely dominated them and got two deserved goals from YP47 and YP58 in the 18th and 45th minute. However in the second half Inter weren't actually that bad and had a couple of chances that they could have scored from. Thankfully our defending was key, especially from YP25 meaning we held onto a 2-0 win and a clean sheet.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP58 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 969

Penya Encarnada 0 - 0 Principat

The third and final game of the month was against Principat. This match was planned to be a fan day and the attendance showed - a whopping 1735 people turned up! However our performance wasn't good enough and neither team created enough chances to score. Our win record of 13 games in a row had ended, but at least it wasn't a loss.

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1735

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £2.06k.

U19s

Another solid month that keeps them top of their league.

Awards

Player of the Month - YP25

Managers Thoughts

Although we ended our winning record this month of 13 games it really doesn't matter! The performance in every single game this month was superb and perhaps should have beaten Principat. YP25 had a great month getting the player of the month award although I thought YP43 would get it. YP47's first month back was a success which resulted in him getting the striker of the month award.

My player of the month: YP43

Points gained this month: 7 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Kenya U20s Appoint Ramazan Jesus as the new Manager

After spending the last few years applying for loads of international jobs in hope I would actually get one of them, I have finally got a job. The Kenya FA decided that winning the Andorran First Division 6 times in a row was enough to manager quite a large team internationally. I look forward to managing them!

I receive the news in my inbox:

RamazanJesusNews_Inbox-122.png

The squad:

KenyaUnder20sSquad_Players.png

The best player:

AnthonyAginaOverview_Profile.png

Archived