Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

Pre-season Update

In July and August the plan was to keep hold of all my players. I was also hoping to be a friendly against a big team to bring home some money.

Penya Encarnada vs Torino

We got the big money making friendly we wanted against Torino. I decided to have all my YPs either in the first 11 or on the subs bench to be brought on at half time. We actually played alright and we deserved a goal, but Torino were much more clinical and won the game 3-0. Penya got around 10k from the game which will definitely help!

Transfers - IN

No one wanted any of our players for some reason so I have got them all until January.

Transfers - OUT

I released 5 players including Paco Cortes (YP11). This was due to having too many players in one position, causing overcrowding within the squad.

OVERALL TRANSFERS

Board Expectations - Stay clear of relegation

My Expectations - Stay clear of relegation

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September

September was the first month that we had league games in the First Division. The aim was to get a point from the two league games, although this was a blind aim as I had no idea how good my team were against First Division teams - I could get 6 points or I could get none!

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

Our first game of the season was against FS Massana who I have played before when they were in the Second Division. I knew for a fact this would be a tough game as they had a quality team, much better than mine. Although the match was fairly equal and the result could have gone either way, we lost 3-1. I can be happy with the performance from the team, but we need to be much more clinical if we want to win games.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Rangers

Another game which we could have won but instead decided to miss a penalty and settle for the 1 point... grrrr. Although we could have won it, a draw was the fairest result and our first point this season has been won, yay!

Finances

A small profit (+£645)

U19s

Rubbish! Absolutely rubbish!

Best Player

YP07 - Scored our only goal this season so far.

Injuries

YP06, de Mesa, and Sanchez are the only injuries so far. YP06 is expected to be out for another month.

Awards/Records

No awards or records this month for Penya.

Overall

A month that has taught me that we have the ability to win matches, but we need to be much more clinical if we want to.

October

Our second month in the First Division consisted of 3 tough games against opponents that are much better than us! I knew if I wanted to get our of the relegation places I would need at least 3 points from these, which would mean either 1 win or 3 draws. This was possible but I would need to be much more clinical.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Principat, who were winning loads of awards and were top of the table at the time. This would be a massive test and a game I knew we would lose, however we didn't! At half time it was 2-0 to Principat and I could see it ending in a cricket score, but no, a massive comeback gave us a 2-2 draw, which really wasn't deserved - Principat could have won 4 or 5 nil.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans

The second game of October was against FC Lusitans, who at the time was one place above us in 7th place - we had to win this game! It was another fairly equal game but for once we took our chances and won 1-0, our first 3 points in the league!

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

The final game of the month was against our former parent club. Sant Julia usually get a top 3 position in the league so I knew for a fact that this would be the toughest game of the month, but it wasn't. We lost 3-2 but played well against a much better opponent. Onwards and upwards!

Finances

A small profit (+£219)

U19s

A much better month resulting in one draw and two wins.

Best Players

YP07 - Once again he played well with another 3 goals in 3 appearances.

Injuries

Dubois is injured for 3-4 months whilst YP12 is injured for 5-7 weeks.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP07 awarded this due to a 3/3 record and a 7.83 average rating. Delighted.

Overall

A superb month picking up 4 points, one more than what I had aimed to get. I currently sit in 5th place which is a respectable position in the league. Hopefully I can keep up the good work and maintain this position.

LEAGUE POSITION

November

Another month of football for Penya in the First Division and this month was packed with league games, 4 to be precise. I hoped from these games I would be able to secure 4 points at least.

FC Rangers vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against FC Rangers, the team that came second in the league last season. Earlier in the season we drew the match 1-1, and this game was no different. An identical scoreline in a game that FC Rangers played better, however a point is a point and that's all that matters for me.

Penya Encarnada vs U.E. Santa Coloma

This game I brought in my newest YP, Rudy Lepetre (YP17), who began his career with Penya in dramatic style, scoring both of the goals in a superb 2-1 victory. Had it not been for him, I doubt we would have won that match.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

A game where we had loads of chances to score, but couldn't. Although we played better overall, we lost 2-0 to a clinical Principat team. A tough result to take, but I had to take it.

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada

The final game of the month was against FC Lusitans, who at the time sat in 7th place in the league. It was a '6 pointer' that I had to win, but sadly drew 1-1 and played the worst throughout. Although it wasn't the 3 points I wanted, 1 point will help.

Finances

A large profit (+£4.57k) :)

U19s

A poor month for the U19s with 3 losses and 1 win.

Injuries

Dubois is injured for 1-2 months whilst YP12 is injured for 1-3 days.

Best Player

YP17 - Amazing debut, solid performances after.

Awards/Records

No awards or records this month.

Other News

I sacked my former assistant manager Araujo and replaced him with a guy called Roig!

Overall

A solid month picking up 5 points from a possible 12, which is one more than what I was aiming to get. We played well at times, which gives me hope for the future.

LEAGUE POSITION

Looks like you're having to battle a bit, but I suppose that was expected.

First season in a division with teams who have much better players than mine will always be hard, especially when my best players are 14 and 15 year olds.

I will try and get at least 1 or 2 updates out today

December

As the winter period arrives in Andorra, I brace myself with what could be a troubling end to the season. With just 4 more games to go this season, and with the league ending as early as the 1st of February, I knew I had to get as many points as possible this month.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

Finally a game which we dominated from start to finish and we picked up all 3 points. We played a superb, attacking style of football and deservedly won it. Another 3 points in the bag, staying up seems pretty likely now.

U.E. Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

The second and final game in December was against U.E. Santa Coloma. In November we beat them 2-1 but sadly we could not produce a winning display and lost 1-0. However our performance was good and deserved to get a point from it, but sadly luck was not on our side.

Finances

A small profit (+£791)

U19s

Another terrible month - 2 losses.

Injuries

Dubois is injured for 2-3 weeks, YP15 is ill and will be out for 11 days, and YP10 is injured for 1-2 weeks.

Best Player

YP04 - Won MotM against FS Massana and played superbly throughout.

Awards/Records

Overall

A mixed month with a win and a loss. 3 points is enough, although I would have loved to have got a deserved point against U.E. Santa Coloma, as I felt we should have. I have only got two more league games to go, and I know I need to get just a couple more points and I will be playing in the First Division next season.

LEAGUE POSITION

January

Just one game in January against one of the best teams in the league, Sant Julia. Several of their players play for the senior team, whilst none of ours do - not even at youth level. This meant that a point would be the aim, but a loss wouldn't be bad.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia

At the time of playing this game Sant Julia were in 2nd place in the league. This meant that a win was probably out of the question, and a draw would be a superb result. We scored a whopping 3 goals in this match, which was phenomenal considering the gulf in class between us and Sant Julia, but they also scored 3, giving us a well deserved point.

Finances

A small profit (+£402)

U19s

A better month for the U19s, but far from what they should be doing in their league.

Injuries

There are no injuries at the time of writing this report! Yay! :)

Best Players

YP10 - Scored for us in the 3-3 draw, and got the MotM with a nice 8.9 rating!

Awards/Records

Transfers

No players were approached during the transfer window, either due to them being on semi-professional contracts, or because they are just really bad!

Overall

A solid month with a well deserved point against a much better team. Hopefully February will be a much more interesting month, and we will be able to get some more points.

LEAGUE TABLE

February

A whopping 5 games were played during the month of February including 3 league games and 2 Andorran Cup games. I was hoping to get at least 4 points in the league, and get to the quarter finals of the Andorran Cup. The major problem this month was the fitness of the players, as most are not that fit compared to other league's players due to a lack of games per season.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first game of the month on the 1st of February was against Santa Coloma, who at the time were 3rd in the league. I put out the strongest team I could, but the lack of quality from us resulted in a 2-0 loss which was completely deserved.

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The second game of the month was a league game against Lusitans, a team who I have had good results against, and this game was no different. In a fairly equal game, we were the winners thanks to YP07. We played well throughout and I felt that we deserved the win, despite the stats saying we played slightly worse than Lusitans. Another 3 points towards our survival.

Extremenya vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 2nd round)

The first game of the Andorran Cup came against Second Division side Extremenya. As expected we beat them comfortably 5-1 to progress in the cup to the quarter finals where we will face FC Rangers over two legs. A superb win and I had hoped this would give the team confidence and improve their form.

FC Rangers vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

The draw for the quarter finals gave us FC Rangers, the team below us in the league. Although I had already reached my aim of the quarter finals, for bragging rights I wanted to get into the semis. I put out the strongest team I could and lost 1-0. It was a bad result but I knew I could get something in the second leg.

FC Rangers vs Penya Encarnada (League)

Our third and final league game of the month was against FC Rangers! We played much better than in the cup and drew the game 1-1. It was the most even game I have played in Andorra so far, with most stats being similar if not identical for both teams. A point was good and it meant that I had reached my aim of 4 points this month, and it also maintains our position in the league.

Finances

A large loss (-£2.82k)

U19s

Another poor month for the U19s with a draw and a loss.

Injuries

YP04 - injured for another 1-3 days.

Best Players

Ferreira - Scored twice in the game against Extremenya.

YP07 - Scored some vital goals this month.

Awards/Records

Other News

Andorra beat Luxembourg 2-0! This means there world ranking has gone from bottom to second bottom! Party time!

Overall

Another solid month that ended with us picking up 4 points. YP07 seems to be the best player at the club and hopefully will continue his amazing form and keep us up!

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our rubbish junior coaching and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year we were given an excellent midfielder, and 3 other players who can go straight into the first team. All the other players will be signed and put into the youth team, hopefully making my youth team a bit better in their league.

Payna Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

YP18 - Physically and mentally he looks good, but some technical attributes need to be improved.

YP19 - Looks OK, but needs to improve his composure.

YP20 - Good all-rounder, but has very little flair and creativity - boring!

YP21 - Got a few too many low stats, but may become a useful player.

Overall it was a very good batch of players. Although YP19-21 are not superb, it means I now have a better squad depth meaning I can release players who are only at my club in case of an emergency, such as an injury.

March

After a month packed full to the brim with games, March with just two games was a relief. We firstly had to finish off the Andorran Cup Quarter Final, and see if we could get a win and progress to the semis, and then had to play the only league game of the month.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Rangers (Andorran Cup Quarter Finals Leg 2)

We approached the second leg needing a win to give ourselves a chance of progressing in the cup. However it was not to be. In an equal game, where both teams could have won it, FC Rangers grabbed a 2-1 win to progress 3-1 on aggregate into the semis. The advantage of losing is that we now have a much less conjested fixture list compared to some other teams such as FC Rangers, which may help in the league.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans (League)

We needed to come away with at least a point from this match and that is what we did. A 1-1 draw was the result in a game where we could and perhaps should have won. A poor result due to the performance, but still a good point.

Finances

A moderate loss (-£1.37k)

U19s

A much better month for the U19s, hopefully the new youth candidates made a difference.

Injuries

Riccardo Ferreira - 5 to 7 weeks out.

Best Players

No stand out performances this month.

Awards/Records

Overall

Another solid month that has resulted in Penya gaining another point in the road to survival. Hopefully we won't mess up April and stay up. I finished the month in 6th place.

April and May

The last 3 league games occured in April and May, including two games against U.E. Santa Coloma, and the final game against FC Rangers. This was going to be a tough couple of months, but some good results would mean I would stay, and that is my aim.

U.E.S.C. aren't the best team in the league, but have much better players than us. We needed to get at least a point in this game, but sadly I couldn't. We lost 1-0 in a game that we played better, which may be unlucky, but it also shows we are not clinical enough.

Our second game against them was another tough match but this time we ran out 2-1 winners thanks to YP09 and YP13. This game however was a very equal match, but we defended well in the last few minutes and held on for all 3 points. A good win.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Rangers

A draw or a win was all I needed in this game, as FC Rangers were just one point below us at the time. Even though we weren't amazing, YP17 scored a vital goal to make the game a 1-1 draw. We have stayed up! Great news!

Finances

A small profit (+£1.56k)

U19s

1 win, 3 losses - not good.

Injuries

Riccardo Ferreira - 1 to 2 days.

Luis Reis (YP15) - 7 weeks to 2 months.

Joaquim Albuquerque - 4 to 5 weeks.

Ernesto Romero - 3 to 4 weeks.

Best Players

YP09, YP13, YP17 - All contributed this month to mean we have stayed up.

Awards/Records

Other News

FC Rangers got relegated after losing 4-2 to Engordany in the play-offs.

Overall

We have stayed up thanks to some superb efforts by all my YPs. Hopefully next season we can get 5th place, or maybe even more. A superb season which has boosted the confidence of all the players. Delighted.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

Squeaky bum time, much?

Definitely.

Hope you have a more comfortable time from now on.

Hopefully next season we will be able to get at least a couple more points than this year, just got to be patient.

Season Summary 14/15

Andorran First Division

Our first season in the Andorran First Division ended in us finishing in 6th place and just one point above the play offs. Although on paper this sounds bad, it shows how well our team have played against strong opposition. Santa Coloma won the title with 38 points, whilst Sant Julia got second, and Principat 3rd. FC Rangers and FC Lusitans were both relegated.

Andorran Second Division

This year Inter d'Escaldes and Engordany were promoted back up to the First Division to play us next season. Jenlai finished in last place with just 9 points. Because Lusitans were relegated, they will be playing Lusitans B next season, even though it says that Lusitans B have been relegated.

Andorran Cup

After winning 5-1 in the first round of the cup, we couldn't follow up the amazing scoreline and lost to FC Rangers 3-1 on aggregate. Principat faced Santa Coloma in the final and beat them 2-1 in a tight game.

Results - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Because I am doing this season summary late, I can't show the final league table. However Sant Julia won, Encamp second, FC Rangers third, and we came 14th.

Transfers - I released 5 players to reduce the squad size. All players have now retired.

Board Confidence - I think they like me. :)

Finances - A £11,000 profit.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. This years best players were Remy Bauduin (YP07) and Carmelo Duco, although the whole team played well.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP03 - Didn't play him due to Duco playing excellently this season.

YP04 - Played 11 games, with 2 goals scored - which is great for a CB. He got two assists and 1 man of the match during these games.

YP05 - 10 appearances with 3 goals and 1 assist. Good for a LB.

YP06 - Didn't play much last season with 10 appearances. A poor 6.51 average rating.

YP07 - Scored 6 goals in 20 appearance with an average rating of 6.90.

YP08 - Just 3 games last season.

YP09 - With just 2 goals in 14 appearances, I'm not impressed.

YP10 - A really good player who played 17 games last season with a good average rating of 6.73. Really happy with his performances.

YP12 - Just 7 games last season due to injuries. Will be playing him as many games as I can next season.

YP13 - Solid CB. Player 17 games with 3 goals and 1 Motm.

YP14 - 10 appearances, 6 of those off the bench.

YP15 - A great player who played 17 games last season and got 1 Motm.

YP16 - Not sure about him yet. Played 7 games with an average rating of 6.68.

YP17 - Promoted from the youth team, and has scored an impressive 4 in 14.

YP18 - Just one appearance for us, but 3 for the U21s.

YP19 - Not played enough games to judge.

YP20 - Not played enough games to judge.

YP21 - Not played enough games to judge.

YP22 - Not played enough games to judge.

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Chelsea second and Arsenal third.

Fa Cup - Man United beat Liverpool at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Serie A - Inter won the title, Juventus second and AC Milan third.

Liga BBVA - Barcelona won the title, Real Madrid second and Sevilla third.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, PSG came second and OM came third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and HSV third.

Pre-season Update

In July and August the plan was to keep hold of all my players. I was also hoping to be a friendly against a big team to bring home some money.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia - 3-0 loss

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma - 2-0 loss

Penya Encarnada vs Principat - 2-0 loss

Penya Encarnada vs Extremenya - 3-1 loss

Penya Encarnada vs Jenlai - 2-2 draw

Penya Encarnada vs Penya U19s - 2-0 win

Not a great pre season, but most games were against better teams, just so I could get a bit more money.

Transfers - IN

Once again, no one wanted any of our players which is good.

Transfers - OUT

I released 8 players who weren't getting games, or were not good enough.

OVERALL TRANSFERS

Board Expectations - Stay clear of relegation

My Expectations - Stay clear of relegation

September

2 games this month and the aim was to get 3 points. The first game was against U.E. Santa Coloma and the second against FS Massana. A relatively easy month to start the season, that's for sure.

U.E.S.C. aren't the best team in the league, but have much better players than us and are often quite unpredictable. We played well, at times were unlucky, but sadly we lost 2-0. I felt this team played much better than last season, even though we lost the game by a two goal margin.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

The second game of the season was against newly promoted FS Massana. I felt that with a bit of luck, and a good attacking display, a win was inevitable. We won the match 2-0 and played the better throughout the match. A good win versus a good opposition.

Finances

A small loss (-£1.06k)

U19s

Progression in the cup is the only positive I can find.

Injuries

YP13 - 2 months sadly, best player at the club

YP12 - 1 week

Best Players

A good performance from all the players this month - no stand out performances though.

Awards/Records

Overall

A solid month to start the season, although a bit disappointed with the 2-0 loss to U.E. Santa Coloma. Hopefully next month we can get a few more points in the bag and play even better!

LEAGUE TABLE

October

October is the second month of league games in Andorra and gave us 4 games to contend with. The aim was to get 6 points, although any better would be amazing.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

A game against possibly the best team in Andorra was always going to be tough, and a point would be superb. I fielded the strongest 11 I could and got an undeserved point. YP04 once again got a red card which luckily didn't matter too much.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany

The second game of the month was against newly promoted Engordany. We have a good record against them and I was hoping to extend it with another win, which I did. In a fairly equal match, we ran out winners thanks to YP19 scoring his first goal for the club in dramatic fashion. A good 3 points.

Inter d'Escaldes vs Penya Encarnada

I wasn't sure how well Inter were going to play in this match due to the lack of matches I have played against them. However it was an equal game which both teams could have won, but ended in a 1-1 draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

The best game of my career so far at Penya. We dominated the game and were unlucky not to score earlier, but in the 82nd minute YP09 broke the deadlock, and YP15 confirmed the win and the 3 points in stoppage time. An amazing win against a great team, I honestly don't know how I won it!

Finances

A really good profit (+£5.02k)

U19s

4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss - simply phenomenal!

Injuries

YP13 - 2-4 weeks

YP20 - 1 week

Best Players

YP09 - Scored some vital goals for us this month.

YP19 - Got his first goal for the club at just 14 years of age.

Awards/Records

Goalkeeper of the Month - Carmelo Duco

Defender of the Month - Luis Reis (YP15)

Manager of the Month - Ramazan Jesus (ME!)

Other News

I have promoted to new players from the youth team into the senior team - YP23 and YP24.

The junior coaching budget has been increased once again.

Overall

An amazing month! We played superbly throughout and were rewarded with 8 points and an unbeaten month. Hopefully this form will continue into November!

LEAGUE TABLE

November

We played another 3 games in November against 3 superb teams. The aim was to get 4 points, but any better would be amazing.

Former parent club Sant Julia usually find themselves near the top of the league, but this season it was me at the top. I approached this game with confidence, but I still had the underlying feeling that we could get beaten. However we got a point from this match after an entertaining 1-1 draw. Sant Julia got 2 players sent off in the closing minutes of the game, but it was too late for us to get a winning goal.

Surprisingly this game at the time was actually 1st vs 2nd. After losing 2-0 to them earlier in the season, I wanted revenge, and that is what I got. A 3-0 thumping with YP19, YP23, and YP04 all scoring to give us a much deserved 3 points.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

Confidence was sky high, but the performance was not there. We were outplayed for the majority of the match and lost to a 14th minute penalty. Disappointing to say the least, but overall we are over performing this season, so a loss was inevitable. Hopefully it is not a first of many.

Finances

A small profit (+£932)

U19s

A winning month - currently second in the league!

Injuries

No injuries!

Best Players

YP04 - Has been a rock in defence this month.

Awards/Records

Goalkeeper of the Month - Carmelo Duco

Defender of the Month - Angel Monasterio (YP04)

Other News

YP18 reached his fifth appearance for the Andorran U21s.

Overall

A solid month that leaves us with 4 more points than we started with, which was our aim. We are currently in a phenomenal 1st place, but I doubt I will be able to maintain my form until April, but who knows?

LEAGUE TABLE

Question: Imageshack says that old images will expire on the 1st of April - does this mean images will be deleted by Imageshack? I have created another account for the time being, I just don't want any of the images from the earlier seasons to be deleted.

Question: Imageshack says that old images will expire on the 1st of April - does this mean images will be deleted by Imageshack? I have created another account for the time being, I just don't want any of the images from the earlier seasons to be deleted.

This is the message:

thisey.png

You have unlimited space with a Photobucket account.

The main problem is that I don't want the links to imageshack earlier in the thread to come up as a 404 error in the future.

News: All future images will be uploaded to Photobucket :)

NEWS

I have decided to download all the images from imageshack, then upload them all onto photobucket, and then re-link the whole of this thread! It's going to take a while (luckily I have until the 1st of April), so I'm going to have to reduce the number of updates to 1 or 2 a day.

December

We enter December top of the table, somehow. The aim was to maintain a high position in the league, meaning we would need at least 5 points from the 3 games this month. A tough expectation, but one that could be fullfilled.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma

Usually Santa Coloma find themselves near the top of the league, but this season they have been failing, dropping as low as 6th place. We entered the game with optimism, and left it with the maximum 3 points thanks to YP07 and YP09 scoring for us. A positive result and a positive performance - good.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against Engordany. We knew 3 points should be easy enough, if our great form continued, but it didnt and we drew 3-3. The result was disappointing mainly due to the fact at one point we were 3-1 up and playing well, but we crumbed and conceded a further 2 to leave it at 3-3.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

At the time of playing our final game of the month, Sant Julia were one place above us in 1st place. This was going to be tough, and it was. We lost 2-0 and deserved to lose. The performance from the team was dreadful, and YP13 got sent off. Not good at all.

Finances

A large loss (-£2.58k)

U19s

Two losses from two games, not good.

Injuries

No injuries!

Best Players

No stand out players, but all 3 strikers (YP09, YP07, YP19) played well.

Awards/Records

Striker of the Month - YP07 got first, YP19 got 3rd.

Overall

A solid month that leaves us with 4 more points than we started with, which was our aim. We are currently in a phenomenal 1st place, but I doubt I will be able to maintain my form until April, but who knows?

LEAGUE TABLE

January

January gave us just two league games to play, so the focus was to get as many points as I could. I also wanted to hold onto my best players this transfer window as I'm sure one or two will be approached.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes

The first game was against Inter, who aren't playing well of recent so the 3 points was a must. Thankfully in the 39th minute YP07 got what was the winning goal and gave us all 3 points. Sadly YP15 got injured in the 95th minute, but that was the only negative from a superb performance from our players.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada

The second game was against under performing Principat who somehow found themselves in 6th place at the time of this match. We played well but couldn't break through their solid defence and drew the match 0-0. Despite no goals, the generally performance from the team was good.

Finances

A large loss (-£2.2k)

U19s

A much better month that included a win in the quarters of the U19s cup.

Best Players

YP07 - Got us the vital game vs Inter.

Awards/Records

Manager of the Month - Ramazan Jesus (me) :)

Other News

I sacked my former physio Martin Sanchez, and replaced him with Adria Bernaus.

YP07 was approached, but decided to stay with us.

Overall

Another solid month that leaves us with 4 more points than we started with. Our form this month has been superb, and long may it continue.

LEAGUE TABLE

February

We faced 4 games this month, including 2 really tough league games, and 2 Andorran Cup games. The aim was to get 1 point from the two league games, and to progress in the Andorran Cup.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma (League)

An equal game that should have been a draw, if not a win for us, ended 2-0 to Santa Coloma. I thought it was one of our best performances this season, but luck was not with us. We need to be more clinical if we want to win these sort of games.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 1st Round)

A dominant display from us ended in 3-2. We played well and didn't deserve to concede two goals, but a win is a win which means we progressed to the quarter finals stage of the Andorran Cup once again.

Penya Encarnada vs Lusitans B (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

Absolutely amazing! YP17 got a hattrick in the space of just 18 minutes, and sealed a solid 5-2 win over a poor Lusitans B side. Progression to the semi finals is almost certain thanks to him, and our reward? We will play FC Lusitans in the semis - a second division team! Nice.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada (League)

Dominated by Sant Julia from start to finish, it's going to take a while before reach their standard. They had eleven shots, we had two - we were never going to win, especially as luck is never on our side. Never mind.

Finances

A small loss (-£297)

U19s

An OK month - 1 win and 1 loss.

Best Players

YP17 - Scored a hattrick against Lusitans B

YP10 - Scored a superb goal against Lusitans B

Awards/Records

Penya's lowest attendance

Overall

A rubbish month in the league, two losses out of two games. However an excellent month concerning the Andorran Cup. Hopefully we can get to the semi finals where we face FC Lusitans, another easy opponent!

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our rubbish junior coaching and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year we were given an amazing defender/midfielder and a good DC. Definitely the best youth candidates day so far, as I now have every position covered with good YPs.

Peyna Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

YP25 - A man of many positions, and now our third best player at the club at just 14 years of age!

YP26 - A good DC who will be challenge for a place in the starting eleven next season for sure.

Overall it was a very good batch of players. Both players will be starting games next season, which shows how good they already are. Very, very happy.

March

Just two games this month, the first being the second leg of the quarter final against Lusitans B, and the second being a league game versus Santa Coloma. The aim was to get to the semi finals in the cup, and get at least a point in the only league game of the month.

Lusitans B vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

The strangest match of my career so far. We began superbly, dominated play and restricting Lusitan B. We got a 2-0 lead and were cruising, however 3 consecutive goals from Lusitans B made it 3-2. Then YP07 brought it back to 3-3, which I thought would be it - but I was wrong. Another two goals from Lusitans B made it 5-3 to them, which was the final result. We progress 8-7 on aggregate, and deserved to get to the semi finals as we played better than Lusitans B in both legs.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

Superb display! We got a well deserved shock win over Santa Coloma, the scoreline being 2-0. YP07 scored in the 14th minute, followed by an own goal from Santa Coloma meant we won. We played well and another 3 points in the bag. Excellent.

Finances

A major loss (-£4.37k)

U19s

Loads of games this month, and most of them weren't wins sadly!

Best Players

YP13 - Scored two goals against Lusitans B to get us to the semi finals.

YP07 - Scored in both games this month.

Awards/Records

No awards or records this month

Injuries

Bad news! YP13 is out for 3-4 months. :(

Overall

An excellent month. Progress through to the semi finals was great, despite losing the second leg. Picking up 3 points against Santa Coloma was also good because it puts a little bit of pressure on league leaders Sant Julia to win the the rest of the games.

LEAGUE TABLE

Just read through this, you have done extremely well, especially getting into Europe. It will certainly bring you in a great amount of money to help you improve further.

Keep it up!

Thanks :). Europe should bring in around 100k, which is a lot for a small Andorran club.

April

The final three games of the season were upon us, with a possible European spot available. I knew that all I needed was a few points and a Europa League 2nd Qualifying place would be confirmed, but unless Sant Julia lost all of their last 3 games, we would not be playing in the ECC next year. The aim was another 4 points, but really all I wanted was a top 3 final position.

From start to finish we played the better, but sadly only got a single point. YP17 bagged two goals within 15 minutes, and the win looked sealed, but U.E.S.C. got two goals to level it at 2-2, and despite our hardest efforts, we could not get the win. A good effort from the team, and a superb performance from YP17, but sadly it was not enough to get the deserved win.

The toughest game of the month was against Sant Julia, the league leaders. We played well, kept the game equal, but sadly lost to a 75th minute goal from Sant Julia. Disappointing but expected. We needed a win versus U.E.S.C. if we wanted to finish in second place.

Amazing, great, phenomenal. All the hard work this season has paid off. A pleasant and deserved 1-0 win gave us the 2nd place, and EC 2nd Qualifying Round qualification. An amazing feeling to be just one place off top spot in just 2016. To say I'm delighted is an understatement.

Finances

A very nice profit (+£3.73k)

U19s

No games this month for whatever reason.

Best Players

YP17 - Bagged us two goals this month, very pleased with him.

Awards/Records

Goalkeeper of the Month - Carmelo Duco once again won it.

Striker of the Month - Rudy Lepetre (YP17) won it!

Other News

Penya has been given £4.38k for finishing in 2nd place.

Overall

An excellent month. Qualification for the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round has been confirmed which should bring in much more money. Hopefully next season we can consolidate our position and make sure it was not just a fluke!

LEAGUE TABLE

Archived