Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

February

As with every February, this was the month of lots of games. This is due to the introduction of the Andorran Cup to our fixture list. This month I faced 5 games, of which 3 were in the league. To start the month we faced Principat who finished 4th last season. The second league game was against Sant Julia who finished 3rd last season. The final league game was against Santa Coloma who finished 1st last season. We also faced Santa Coloma in the 2nd round of the Andorran Cup. The aim was to progress in the cup and pick up 6 points in the league.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first game of the month was against Principat. A win was vital if I wanted to win the league this season. For once we were actually clinical and scored from every single shot on target, which is remarkable considering the goal droughts our strikers were having. YP33 scored twice from the spot, and YP28 and YP07 scored once to get 4 goals past the Principat goalkeeper. However they also got a penalty meaning we could not keep a clean sheet, but a 4-1 win is great anyway.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The second game of the month was against the team we drew 0-0 with last month. However despite picking up the same number of points as last time, the game was much more entertaining. YP07 scored two goals to all but end the speculation that he was not good enough, but sadly they also scored two goals. An entertaining draw, but just one point to take away from it.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The final league game of the month was against Santa Coloma, who at the time were in 3rd place. I knew that this would be a tough game, so I decided the best form of defence is attack, and went for an all out attack philosophy. YP28 scored for the second time this month in the 60th minute, but we couldn't hold on and conceding just 1 minute from the end of the game. A disappointing draw, but I would have taken it before the game.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

We were unlucky to draw such a strong competition so early on in the competition, but it gave us a chance to knock out on of the cup's favourites, which we did. We completely out played them and got a deserved goal from YP19 in the 62nd minute to end his goal drought of 31 hours which is worse that Torres's goal drought! Sadly in the 4th minute of stoppage time YP38 got sent off, but it didn't matter because we won the game! A 1-0 win with a weak team was great. Our reward? Lusitans B in the quarters.

Lusitans B vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Finals Leg 1)

Despite playing the weakest team I could, I still won the match 2-0 and our performance was great. YP19 scored his second goal of the month in the 23rd minute to get us 1-0 up, and then YP39 got us our second and final got in the 64th minute. A good win that confirms our place in the semi finals, pretty much.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £4.94K.

U19s

1 game, 1 win.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored three goals this month

YP19 - Finally ended his goal drought with two goals this month

YP28 - Scoring goals despite wanting to leave the club

YP39 - Debut goal vs Lusitans B

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP07

Goalkeeper of the Month - YP34

Midfielder of the Month - YP33

Striker of the Month - YP28

Overall

Although I didn't get my aim of 6 points, I am extremely happy with how we played this month. We won loads of awards and scored lots of goals which is encouraging.

LEAGUE TABLE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our rubbish junior coaching and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year I was given a great right wing back and a good CB. Sadly the right wing back isn't that good at playing in RB so has been put in the youth team until he is green in the RB position. The CB however has been brought into the first team because he is much better than YP13 and YP24.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

YP40 - A good benchwarmer for now, with the potential to become one of the starting eleven.

Not an amazing year concerning the youth candidates, however once the right wing back is good enough in the RB position, he will be a regular starter for the team as he is much better than YP38 and Benisty, my other two RBs. The rest of the players seem very good, as most of the players are rating in yellow stars, not silver ones which is phenomenal. Generally the best youth candidates team so far, but sadly not enough star players.

March

We have once against reached March and this year we only had 2 games to contend with. The first game was against Lusitans B in the second leg of the Andorran Cup quarter finals. We held a 2-0 aggregate lead and I wanted to extend it. The second game was a league game against Engordany, who last year finished in 6th place. The aim was to easily get to the semi finals of the cup, and get all 3 points versus Engordany.

Penya Encarnada vs Lusitans B (Andorran Cup Quarter Finals Leg 2)

The first game of the month was our second leg of the quarter finals. We held a 2-0 aggregate lead and were firm favourites to get to the semi finals. Despite playing much better than Lusitans B in the first half, we entered half time 0-0. However a couple of changes around half time and we improved. YP40 scored on his debut in the 61st minute, and then YP28 scored another goal in the 88th minute. Another 2-0 win against Lusitans B meant we got to the semi finals without conceding a goal in the competition so far. We will face Engordany in the semi finals.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first league game of the month was against Principat. A win was vital if I wanted to win the league this season. The game was tight, neither team could get many clear cut chances. However the deadlock was broken in the 56th minute by Engordany to give them an undeserved lead. However we kept our heads held high meaning that in the 65th minute YP19 scored an equalising goal and what ended up being the last goal of the match. A 1-1 draw is disappointing to say the least.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £12.54K. The problem is that we have way to many players on youth contracts which are worth £45 per week. I need to give them a semi professional contract worth less, but many are too young! Annoying.

U19s

Progress to the final of the U19s cup.

Best Players

YP40 - Excellent debut due to him scoring a goal and getting an 8.0 rating!

Awards/Records

YP40 is the youngest player ever to score for Penya Encarnada.

Overall

A mixed month that I will try and forget. We got to the semi finals which was good, but was expected. Drawing to Engordany is also disappointing as we should have easily beat them.

LEAGUE TABLE

BAD NEWS

1. Penya chairman looking to step aside

2. Consortium plans takeover

3. Consortium don't want me as their manager

If this goes ahead I may lose my job, despite winning the First Division!

Edit: Gone a bit further on and it doesn't look good. The manager they want to be my successor has been sacked by FC Lusitans making him available. He was also at the final game of the season in the stands. I also keep asking the board for a new contract and they keep saying I haven't deserved it yet. Strange!

Great news.

See you got a new stadium coming. ;)

I would prefer the full professional status! :D

I want to get my own stadium as all clubs in Andorra at the start of the game share the national stadium, and I would prefer to have one just for Penya.

I see you also have a lot less coaches than allowed. I'm sure signing one or two more should definitely support the development of your youngsters :)

What about the new stadium? What size will it be?

Didn't see I could get more coaches until you said, I will definitely get some before the new season.

I don't know how big the stadium will or it's name yet.

April

The penultimate month of league games was upon us and this season I had the possibility of winning the league! I faced two league games this month, the first against Sant Julia. This season Sant Julia were hot on my heels and could have snatched the league. My second opponent was Santa Coloma who last year finished top, but this year were in 3rd place. The aim was to get two points at least, which would mean a draw against both opponents.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Sant Julia who at the time were in second place. The game was fairly equal up until half time. I knew a draw would be a good result, but told the team that they needed to win it. As time progressed through the second half we improved, and had many opportunities to win it. However in the 84th minute they scored thanks to my goalkeeper scoring an own goal. I was raging at this point. However we did what Arsenal did last night versus Newcastle and scored an equalising goal just two minutes later thanks to YP28. A 1-1 draw - a good result.

Penya Encarnada vs Santa Coloma

The second and final game of the month was against Santa Coloma who at the time were in third place. A draw or better would win me the league, and that is exactly what we did. Santa Coloma scored an undeserved goal in the 24th minute thanks to a nice shot from their player Coco which meant we were losing at half time. However an inspirational team talk meant that we scored two goals in the last ten minutes. However it was not over yet, in the 94th minute they had a free kick from a good distance and somehow their player Coco scored once again to level the game. Even though it is annoying that we drew, it meant we won the league with one game still to go!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £10.26K. £2000 better than last month due to some wages being reduced.

U19s

Mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP28 - Scored another two goals this month, improved a lot this season.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

We won the league with one game still to go! This means that next year we will be playing in the 1st round of the Champions League, instead of the Europa League. The main benefit is financially as I'm sure we will be knocked out in the 1st round for the next 5 years.

LEAGUE TABLE

May

The month of league games was upon us. This month I faced Engordany 3 times. The first time was in the league, but as we had already won the title I gave the assman his chance to shine. I then faced them two more times in the Andorran Cup semi final. The aim was to see how good the assman is in match situations and also get to the final of the Andorran Cup.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany (League)

The assman did me proud - a 4-4 draw which meant it was an entertaining match and possibly the most enjoyable match of the season. If only I was there! The scorers were young YP40, YP28, and a double from YP07 to get us 4 goals. However Engordany could also score, and left it let for their final equaliser in the 92nd minute. A great last game of the season.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

We needed a clean sheet and a win and that is exactly what we got. A comfortable and commanding 2-0 win was the final result with YP28 scoring in the first minute, and then an own goal from Engordany to seal the win. Sadly we got a lot of yellow cards which meant that a couple of players couldn't play in the second leg due to suspension.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

The second leg of the semi final was much more tense than the first. We started off well with YP28 once again scoring, this time in the 16th minute. However a goal from Travert in the 37th minute got them level at half time. I told the team that we needed to hold onto the aggregate lead, and that is what we did. They scored their second and final goal in the 54th minute, and we held strong in defence to win the semi final 3-2 on aggregate.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £8.57K. Another £2000 better than last month due to prize money.

U19s

Runners up in the U19s Cup.

Best Players

YP28 - Scored a goal in every game this month.

Awards/Records

Manager of the Year - Jesus Ramazan

Overall

We won the league and got into the Andorran Cup finals. The entertaining 4-4 draw with Engordany in the league was a bonus as well. A good solid month, I look forward to the Andorran Cup final.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

June

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana (Andorran Cup Final)

The final of the Andorran Cup was upon us. First Division winners Penya Encarnada led by manager Ramazan Jesus faced 7th place finishers FS Massana led by Hector Marques. The crowd were anticipating a win for Penya, but neither manager was fully confident of the win. The first half was dominated by Penya who had more possession and better chances, but couldn't convert them. This became their big issue in this game and perhaps a majority of their season. However in the 56th minute YP33 got the first goal of the game, a crisp shot from the edge of the penalty area. Penya gained confidence, but lacked in defence as their two best CBs were out injured. FS Massana only needed one chance in the second half and they took it well, scoring in the 81st minute thanks to Andorran U19s and FS Massana player Julien Michel. Extra time was dull, very few shots from either team, which meant the game headed to penalties. Penya fielded a weak squad of penalty takers, whilst FS Massana had a much stronger squad of penalty takers. Due to this Penya Encarnada, despite dominating the game, lost 4-3 on penalties. Luckily for Penya they had already booked a place in Europe, so the only thing they lost was pride. A great game from a neutrals view, but I'm sure Penya's supporters will be more than disappointed.

Other News

The U19s league has finished - final standings.

Overall

We lost to a clinical FS Massana and should have taken our chances much earlier on instead of relying on our penalty takers who were simply rubbish. Thankfully only pride was at stake, and to be fair we didn't lose much.

Season Summary 17/18

Andorran First Division

An amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. We started the season fantastically with a great winning streak to catapult us up to first. Although we played much worse in the second half of the season, we never lost in the league and hence won the league. Santa Coloma came second in a late surge up the places, Engordany got an unpredicted third and Sant Julia, despite looking good for the majority of the season, finished 4th. FC Lusitans were relegated with 16 points.

Andorran Second Division

The Second Division was very strange this season. Usually one team goes up and the other plays in the playoffs. However this season Principat B and Inter d'Escaldes both went up automatically, and Extremenya lost in the playoffs. Also for whatever reason it says Lusitans B will be relegated, but I can ensure you they won't.

Andorran Cup

We were runners up this season due to us losing on penalties to 7th place FS Massana. We defeated Santa Coloma 1-0 away from home in the second round, beat Lusitans B 4-0 on aggregate in the quarters, and beat Engordany 3-2 on aggregate in the semis. Although we didn't win, I can definitely take confidence from this years Andorran Cup.

Results 1 , Results 2 - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Finished 4th.

Transfers - I lost 12 players this season, the most notable being YP09.

Finances - We got around 56k profit this/last season, most of which came from the European adventure.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. We had many players join us this season who should be able to improve even further next season. YP33 looks like a star in the making, with a 5* rating at 14 years of age.

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP07 - Scored another 8 goals this season (App:25 Gl:8 Asts:9 Avg:6.96)

YP10 - Not as good as other CMs (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.58)

YP12 - Poor season (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.39)

YP13 - Not enough games to judge (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:7.20)

YP14 - Not as good as other CMs (App:8 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.48)

YP15 - Not enough games to judge (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.33)

YP17 - Played well when called upon (App:17 Gl:5 Asts:2 Avg:6.78)

YP18 - An excellent season both for club and country (App:24 Gl:1 Asts:5 Avg:6.78)

YP19 - Good goals per game record (App:6 Gl:3 Asts:2 Avg:6.84)

YP20 - 4* keeper but we have 3 better goalies (App:0 Conc:0)

YP21 - Not in the 4-3-3 formation (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.70)

YP24 - Not enough games to judge (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.40)

YP25 - Another great season (App:21 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:7.06)

YP26 - Best player at the club (App:21 Gl:4 Asts:2 Avg:6.97)

YP27 - A great season (App:25 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:6.93)

YP28 - Amazing second half of the season (App:19 Gl:9 Asts:5 Avg:6.96)

YP29 - Not enough games to judge (App:2 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.95)

YP31 - Covered for the CBs (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.46)

YP32 - Although he didn't score many, he did assist a lot of goals (App:20 Gl:2 Asts:6 Avg:6.88)

YP33 - One of the best players in the team (App:18 Gl:7 Asts:3 Avg:7.01)

YP34 - Conceded 1 a game on average (App:17 Conc:17)

YP35 - Great CA, but not good enough performances (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:1 Avg:6.66)

YP36 - OK season (App:11 Gl:1 Asts:1 Avg:6.88)

YP37 - 3 games, 3 clean sheets (App:3 Conc:0)

YP38 - Perfomed well when needed (App:10 Gl:0 Asts:1 Avg:6.88)

YP39 - Solid performances (App:10 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:6.87)

YP40 - Amazing first season! (App:6 Gl:2 Asts:0 Avg:7.23)

English Premier League - Chelsea won the title, Man Utd second and Man City third.

Fa Cup - Arsenal beat Southampton at Wembley to win the FA Cup (again).

Serie A - AC Milan won the title, Inter second and Juventus third.

Liga BBVA - Real Madrid won the title, Barcelona second and Atletico Madrid third.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, Bordeaux came second and PSG came third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Werder Bremen second and Dortmund third.

Principat B can't be promoted. If he goes to the First Division then you have a really strange bug on your save. You probably misread the situation. From what I'm seeing in the screen shots Principat B only won the Second Division. He will not be promoted. About the relegation message of Lusitans B it's probably because Lusitans got relegated.

New Players

All 5 players I have been watching in my youth team to see how quickly they have developed. All 5 players are over 3.5* which is phenomenal considering how young they are.

YP41 - 4.5* RB

YP42 - 4.5* CM

YP43 - 4.5* CB

YP44 - 4.0* ST

YP45 - 3.5* ST

Looking forward to seeing them playing next season.

Principat B can't be promoted. If he goes to the First Division then you have a really strange bug on your save. You probably misread the situation. From what I'm seeing in the screen shots Principat B only won the Second Division. He will not be promoted. About the relegation message of Lusitans B it's probably because Lusitans got relegated.

You are completely correct, Principat B haven't been promoted. Thanks.

Pre-season Update

The start of the 18/19 season is upon us and the aim this season is to win the league once again. This would mean a place in the first qualifying round of the Champions League. During pre season I faced opposition in the Champions League, and that was it as I couldn't be bothered to play any meaningless friendlies.

TNS vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

I wanted this campaign to be positive, and what a way to do so. The game kicked off with both teams wanting to get to the next round. In the 13th minute YP37, the goalie, scored an own goal to make it 1-0 to TNS. Just 10 minutes later they got a second goal, this time from Justin Stanford. However just before half time YP32 got a goal that made my half time team talk much easier. We set out the stronger in the second half and got a deserved goal in the 76th minute thanks to YP07. That is how the match ended - 2-2. This meant that we had two away goals and all we really needed was a low scoring draw or win in the second leg.

Penya Encarnada vs TNS (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

I needed 0-0 or 1-1 draw, or even a win to confirm progression to the second round. We started off well, winning a penalty in the 8th minute. However YP26 could not convert it so the scores stayed level. Our defence were solid, we held on and the game ended 0-0 meaning we went through on away goals. Excellent.

Levski vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

My opposition in the second round were runners up in the Bulgarian league meaning that the chances of us winning were extremely slim. Although we only had two shots in the whole game, our defence held strong and only let in three goals, each of them near the start or end of the halves. I was proud, we weren't embarassed and stood a chance in the second leg to get a goal in it.

Penya Encarnada vs Levski (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

We were 3-0 down on aggregate, but that didn't depress me. I knew progression was impossible, especially as we only just got through the 1st qualifying round against much easier opposition. We actually performed superbly, having many more shots than in the first leg. However despite having some clear cut chances, Levski were better than us and beat us 1-0, which made it 4-0 on aggregate. A good result considering the level of opposition.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana (Andorran Super Cup)

Last year in the Andorran Cup we faced FS Massana and lost on the penalty shoot out. However this year I wanted revenge, and our performance showed that. We had a whopping 20 shots to their 1 which meant we drew 1-1. Typical. However despite our dominance both goals in the match came from penalties. The final result after extra time was 1-1 so penalties were once again the decider. We scored all 5 penalties, and they scored 4 which meant we just beat them. A good win.

Transfers

I released 9 players which included 5 youth prospects mainly due to their lack of ability for a top team in Andorra, or their lack to agree a contract extension (YP15). I'm very disappointed I lost YP15 which meant I had to introduce a new player to the first team - YP46. He is much better than YP15, but lacks the experience. A good player none-the-less.

Board Expectations - Top two finish

My Expectations - Winners

September

The first month of the 18/19 season consisted of two league games against two good teams; FS Massana and Casa Benfica. The aim was to get at least 4 points which would mean a win and a draw. Did is start off well? Or did I fail miserably?

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana

We started off the month against FS Massana, who last season finished 7th. The aim was to get a win against them, but I failed. It was a game of very few shots, and being clinical was needed, but neither team were clinical enough. YP07 began his season scoring in the 45th minute, but and instant reply just after half time levelled the match. Both teams held on for the single point, and we got another 4 yellow cards in the process. A single point, but that was what both teams deserved.

Penya Encarnada vs Casa Benfica

The second game of the month and the season was against Casa Benfica, who last season finished 6th. We started brightly with YP07 getting his second of the season in as many appearances in the 8th minute. We dominated the first half due to the teams attacking mentality but couldn't get a second. We continued to play well in the second half but couldn't get a second goal, but thankfully we didn't concede. The final score was 1-0 to us.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £5.89K.

U19s

Rubbish.

Best Players

YP07 - Got us all the goals we scored this month.

Awards/Records

Overall

Met my aim which is great, but I need to win a couple more before I feel dominant, although still a good month.

LEAGUE TABLE

EUROPEAN U19 CHAMPIONSHIP 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND

10/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Austria U19s

We opened the competition against a team that I actually drew against in last year's campaign. The aim was to do similar, or not to be humiliated - but I failed. A 4-0 loss in a game we could have lost by many more was disappointing. However for most of the game we did play with 10 men due to YP43 getting sent off wrong in the 16th minute. The suspension was later rescinded.

12/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Ukraine U19s

Humiliated... embarrassed... annoyed... angry. A 6-0 loss was not what I wanted if I want to stay in this job. The team underperformed even if they are really bad! A poor performance from the team, would loved to have kept it under 4 goals.

14/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Macedonia U19s

We were lucky to lose by just 4-0 because quite honestly we were rubbish in defence. We gave away 3 penalties which they missed two and scored one, although their second penalty they scored on the rebound. YP43 got his second red card of the tournament and this one was an actual red card. Surprisingly this red card didn't result in a penalty. Strange game.

YP18 - Average rating for the competition: 6.6

YP25 - Average rating for the competition: 5.3

YP27 - Average rating for the competition: 5.8

YP33 - Average rating for the competition: 5.5

YP35 - Average rating for the competition: 5.6

YP43 - Average rating for the competition: 6.0

FINAL TABLE - Didn't score a single goal! :(

Good luck defending your title :thup:

How much money did you make in your European campaign? Was is the expected increase to the last years?

We got around £330,000 which more than doubled our balance. Currently have £470,000 which isn't too far off the amount of money needed for improved youth facilities.

October

The second month of the season consisted of 3 matches. The teams involved were Inter d'Escaldes, Sant Julia and Santa Coloma. Inter d'Escaldes were promoted last season and due to that a win was expected. The second and third games were against tough opponents. The aim was to get 6 points which would require at least 2 wins and a loss.

Inter d'Escaldes vs Penya Encarnada

A win was a must, and that is what we got. We only let them have two opportunities and finished the match conceding no shots on target! However it took until the 76th minute to get our first goal from YP45, our newest striker. We rounded off the game with a great goal from YP25 in the 90th minute. A 2-0 win means the three points and a clean sheet. Excellent.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada

The second game of the month was against under performing Sant Julia who at the time found themselves in 7th place. If their terrible form continued, we should have got 3 points - which we did! We dominated the game and were unlucky not to scored in the first half, but we got the first and final goal in the 66th minute from YP33 to win the match 1-0.

The final game of the month was against another under performing team Santa Coloma. We started well and scored a goal thanks to YP45 in the 9th minute. We continued to dominate and got another goal from YP44 in the 27th minute - his first goal for Penya's senior team. We kept on performing well and in the 78th minute YP28 the substitute scored! An amazing result against such a good team last year.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £4.52K.

U19s

A winning month!

Best Players

YP45 - A good month scoring two goals in the process.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - Wilson Zambrano (YP25)

Goalkeeper of the Month - Paco Quintana (YP34)

Defender of the Month - Arturo Fernandez (YP38)

Striker of the Month - Saul Galan (YP45)

Manager of the Month - Jesus Ramazan (ME!)

Overall

A winning month that resulted in us winning a record 5 awards. Great performances from YP45.

LEAGUE TABLE

November

Another three games this month and I needed to get as many points as possible from them. We started the month against Principat who at the time were in 3rd place. We then went onto play FS Massana where we expected to win heavily. The final game of the month was against high fliers Engordany, the aim being to give them a blow to their title dreams. The aim was to get 7 points which would mean at least 2 wins and a draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

The first game was against Principat. We started brightly scoring after just 15 minutes. We continued to dominated the first half having many clear cut chances that we should have converted. However in the second half we were a completely different team. We conceded in the 62nd minute and at times after the goal we should have conceded again, but luck was on our side. A 1-1 draw was a fair result.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

The second game was against FS Massana who at the time found themselves in 5th place. I knew a win was vital, and that is what we got. We started the scoring in the 30th minute thanks to a beautiful free kick from YP35. We entered half time 1-0, despite dominating the team. However in the second half we showed how well we can play. YP07 started the scoring with a goal in the 51st minute, which was then followed by a goal from YP45 in the 56th minute. YP39 scored the final goal of the match, and his first ever goal in the 85th minute to make the final result 4-0. A great performance from the team, especially the midfield.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada

We needed a win against 2nd place Engordany, and that is what we got. We started off the match strongly, with YP28 scored after just 7 minutes. We continued our dominance and it took until the 39th minute before we got our second, this time from YP33. Our final goal came after the break from YP45 scoring in the 57th minute. Sadly in the last ten minutes YP25 scored an own goal, but I couldn't care less if I'm honest. A 3-1 comfortable win over a tough team shows how good we are playing.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £6.74K.

U19s

An unbeaten month means they lie 2nd in the table

Best Players

The midfield - YP18, YP33, YP35

Awards/Records

Defender of the Month - Arturo Fernandez (YP38)

Manager of the Month - Ramazan Jesus (ME!)

Other News

I reached 200 games in charge!

Overall

A great month that leaves us top of the table. More of the same next month, please.

LEAGUE TABLE

December

Just two games this month and I needed to get as many points as possible from them. The first game was against Santa Coloma who were at the time bottom of the table. This meant a win was vital. The final game of the month was against Sant Julia, who were 7th at the time of playing this match. The aim was to get all 6 points, but did I do it?

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Santa Coloma. We started off brightly scoring after just ten minutes thanks to a beautiful shot by YP35. We continued to dominate the rest of the half but couldn't get a second goal. However in the second half we played much worse, and yet we scored more times than in the first. YP07 scored in the 61st and 93rd minute of the game to get us 3 goals, but sadly they also scored in stoppage time to get a deserved goal. A 3-1 win.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia

The second and final game of the month was against Sant Julia. We played superbly from the start of the game to the finish with YP43, our central defender, scoring twice. YP33 also got on the scoresheet with a wonderful shot in added time in the first half. As with the first game, we couldn't keep a cleansheet, but a 3-1 win was amazing.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £6.12K.

U19s

Another good month.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored two goals this month.

YP43 - Scored two goals this month.

Awards/Records

Striker of the Month - Remy Bauduin (YP07)

Overall

A great month getting all 3 points and putting us firmly in the lead at the top of the table.

LEAGUE TABLE

January

This month consisted of 3 games and I needed to get loads of points from them. The first game was against Inter d'Escaldes who were promoted last season. The second game was against Casa Benfica who last season finished in 6th place in the league. The final game of the month was against Principat who finished 5th last season. The aim was to get 7 points which would mean 2 wins and a draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes

The first game of the month was against Inter. We needed a win but that is not what we got. We couldn't get the ball in the net despite having loads of easy chances to get a goal. In the end a 0-0 draw was deserved as we just couldn't get enough good shots. I'm disappointed from the performance, but a point is always welcome.

The second game of the month was against Casa Benfica. We absolutely dominated this game from start to finish and got a deserved goal in the 64th minute from YP25. A really nice strike from him that meant the win was ours, although in stoppage time YP44 had an open goal to shoot at and missed. It reminded me of Heskey. We could and should have won by more, but the amount of points earnt would have been no different.

Principat vs Penya Encarnada

The final game of the month was against Principat who I have a tendency to get draws with, in particular 1-1 draws. This game was no different. They started off the strongest scoring after just 10 minutes. However an instant reply from YP45 got us a goal. For the next 78 minutes very few chances were made, and 1-1 was the fair result.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a PROFIT of £1.21K. Errr... what?

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Overall

Didn't get the aim of 7 points, but Engordany also failed this month so I maintain a 6 point lead over them.

LEAGUE TABLE

February

As with every February, this was the month of lots of games. This is due to the introduction of the Andorran Cup to our fixture list. This month I faced 4 games, of which 2 were in the league. We faced Engordany, who were at the time in 2nd place, a whopping 3 times - twice in the league and once in the cup. Our other opponent was Sant Julia. The aim was to get 4 points in the league and progression in the cup.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany (League)

The first game of the month was against Engordany. We started off brightly scoring from a free kick after just 14 minutes thanks to YP25. We went in at half time 1-0 up. We came out with a bang, and another free kick from YP25 led to another goal. This was followed up by a goal from YP44 and YP18 to make it 4-0. We couldn't score again so the final result was 4-0. An excellent result against the team in 2nd place.

We then played Engordany again in the league, but this time away. We once again started off brightly scoring after just 11 minutes thanks to a nice shot by YP32. We then followed the goal up with a second from YP33, an awesome strike into the top right corner, making it 2-0. However we then completely changed and couldn't retain possession. Engordany got a deserved goal in the 80th minute, but it wasn't enough. Another good win against Engordany.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

The Andorran Cup draw gave us Engordany away. I put out a weak side with a new CB pairing of YP40 and YP43. They did me proud and played great all game. YP32 got us our first and second goals in the 22nd and 35th minute. This gave us a 2-0 lead going into half time. We got an instant goal after half time thanks to YP28 in the 49th minute, and despite dominating the rest of the half, we couldn't get another goal. A superb 3-0 win.

Penya Encarnada vs Sant Julia (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

The Andorran Cup draw gave us Sant Julia in the quarter finals. I knew a dominant win was needed, and that is just what we got. YP45 started the goal scoring with a nice finish in the 6th minute. YP07 followed this up with a nice header in the 25th minute. Then I saw the best goal I have ever watched in FM. A beautiful strike from YP35 in the 39th minute got us our third goal. But the game was not over yet, YP45 got a further two goals in the 51st and 76th minute to get his first hattrick for the club, and our 4th and 5th goals. A wonderful performance, and a 9.8 rating for YP45. Amazing!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £5.32K.

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP25 - Scored twice this month.

YP32 - Scored three times this month.

YP45 - A hattrick!

YP40 - Played well with YP43 in defence.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

Absolutely amazing! Despite playing 2 great teams we won all of our games with ease. We are finally beginning to dominate the league.

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our academy and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year I was given a few good players, in particular a much needed striker. The rest of the players were all right, but quite a few do not fit my 4-3-3 formation, so I terminated their trials.

Signed youth players

YP47 - Should be playing loads of games next season, and on the bench this season.

Just one new YP for the second year running, but it is a striker so I am happy. Hopefully he will develop into an automatic first teamer and become better than YP07. The rest of the players that I chose to keep have been put into the youth team to develop for a couple of seasons.

March

We have once against reached March and this year we only had 2 games to contend with. The first game was against Sant Julia in the second leg of the Andorran Cup quarter finals. We held a 5-0 aggregate lead which meant progress was almost certain. The second game was a league game against Engordany and if I won it, the title would be mine... with 4 games to go!

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

The first game of the month was our second leg of the quarter finals. We held a 5-0 aggregate lead and were firm favourites to get to the semi finals. We started off poorly, conceding after just 19 minutes. However YP07 showed why he is a great striker and scored straight from the restart. Sant Julia then got another goal to give them a 2-1 lead over us. The game was equal and could have gone either way, but luckily for us YP07 got us an equalising goal in the 80th minute to make sure we didn't lose.

The first league game of the month was against Engordany. A win was vital but it was going to be tough as over half of our players were playing with the Andorra U21s. This meant our team was very weak compared to usual. However we started off brightly and got a penalty in the 9th minute, with YP35 converted well. We continued to pressurise Engordany, but it took until the 74th minute to get our second, a nice header from YP45. We ended the match with a 2-0 win, and Engordany didn't have a shot all game! We have won the league again, with 4 games to spare!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.26K.

U19s

Lost in the semis this year.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored us some vital goals this month.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

A superb month that results in us getting to play Casa Benfica in the semi finals of the Andorran Cup, and we have won the league! Now all I need to do is win the last 4 games and win the Andorran Cup to round off a superb season.

LEAGUE TABLE

April

The penultimate month of league games was upon us and this season I had already won the league so the pressure was off. I faced three league games this month, starting with FS Massana, then Principat, and finally FS Massana once again. The aim was to get 7 points which would mean two wins and one draw.

The first game of the month was against FS Massana who at the time were fourth place. We started well, scoring after just 25 minutes thanks to YP07. We followed this up with two goals from the powerhouse defender that is YP43 each from corners. We entered half time 3-0 up and dominating the match. Straight from the restart YP07 got one on one with the goalkeeper and slotted the ball past the goalkeeper. FS Massana got back into the game but it was too late. A solid 4-0 win.

The second game of the month was against Principat who at the time were in second place. I knew this game would be tough, and that is exactly what it was. Their player Cordero scored twice, once in the first half and once in the second half. Our only goal came from YP45 in the 58th minute, although we should have scored on many other occaisions. This was the first game we had lost since the 16/17 season, two years ago! Annoyingly we should have won.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada

The final game of the month was against FS Massana, this time away. We got our first goal thanks to a crisp shot by YP35 in the 21st minute of the game. We folloed this up with a beautiful long range strike from YP45 in the 37th minute. However straight from the restart FS Massana got their first shot of the match and unsurprisingly scored. We started the second half well, with YP25 scoring in the 50th minute to pretty much confirm our win. This was then followed up by YP45's second goal of the match. However in the last ten minutes they got another undeserved goal, but it didn't matter - we had won!

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £3.61K.

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP07 - Scored twice this month.

YP43 - Scored twice this month.

YP45 - Scored three goals this month.

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - Francisco Javier Mas (YP35)

Defender of the Month - Emilio Magnano (YP43)

Overall

Despite losing our first league game in two years, another good month which included us scoring 8 goals versus FS Massana.

LEAGUE TABLE

Impressive in the league.

Andorran Cup

Penya Encarnada vs Casa Benfica (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 1)

We seem to be experiencing a problem recently, we can't stop conceding from the restart. We firstly conceded right from the kick off. However we played well after that and got a deserved goal in the 14th minute, but they replied with a goal from the restart. They then scored again in the 34th minute thanks to some sloppy defending from us. After half time we played much better and got two goals back, and deserved more. They had three shots, three goals - we had 13 shots, 3 goals. That's not fair. :(

Casa Benfica vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Semi Final Leg 2)

The second leg of the semi final was much harder than the first, although the match was actually pretty equal. There's no point explaining the game as it was such a bad performance from us. A 3-0 loss that wasn't even deserved was the outcome.

Overall we played better than Casa Benfica but somehow lost 6-3 on aggregate. Hopefully just a fluke result.

Season Summary 18/19

Andorran First Division

An amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. We played well in nearly every game we played and won some games by large margins which is great. This means we have qualified for the ECC next season. However it's not all about us! Principat came second with 33 points, Engordany third with 26 points and FS Massana 4th with 25 points. Sant Juia, despite being the best team in Andorra only a few seasons ago, were relegated with just 16 points. A strange season for Sant Julia and Santa Coloma.

Andorran Second Division

This season FC Lusitans put in some great performances to get back to winning ways. They notched up 33 points from the 18 games played and got themselves promoted. Principat B lost in the play offs to Casa Benfica so only one team are going up this year. FC Rangers finished last with 17 points.

Andorran Cup

I never put that much effort into winning the cup, although it would have been nice to win it. However a loss in the semi final to Casa Benfica was surprising as I fielded my best team for both legs. Principat went on to beat Casa Benfica in the final on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Disappointing but expected.

Results 1 , Results 2 - Here are the results from this season.

U19s League Table - Finished 4th again.

Transfers - I got rid of 9 players this season, the most notable being Carmelo Duco.

Finances - We got around 286k profit this/last season, most of which came from the European adventure.

Squad

The squad keeps getting better and better every year, and this year is no different. We had many players join us this season who should be able to improve even further next season. YP44 is a really good player but his form is appalling. He needs some goals... quick!

Tactics

This season I decided to use my favourite formation, the 4-3-3. I love to use this formation because it means I have the support needed up front, whilst I maintain 4 at the back. I also don't like using wingers in FM, so 3 CMs is perfect for me. This tactic has generated goals whilst keeping enough clean sheets. I will be using this next season.

Youth Prospects

YP07 - Another great season (App:27 Gl:13 Asts:4 Avg:7.09)

YP14 - Looking to offload this summer (App:1 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.10)

YP17 - Looking to offload this summer (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP18 - A solid, uneventful season (App:25 Gl:1 Asts:3 Avg:6.94)

YP19 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP20 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP21 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP25 - Another great season (App:27 Gl:5 Asts:3 Avg:7.09)

YP26 - Strangely rubbish this season despite being the best player at the club (App:9 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.37)

YP27 - A pleasure to watch him play this season (App:25 Gl:0 Asts:5 Avg:7.15)

YP28 - Mainly a benchwarmer this season (App:18 Gl:3 Asts:3 Avg:6.78)

YP29 - Benchwarmer (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.35)

YP31 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP32 - Benchwarmer (App:13 Gl:4 Asts:2 Avg:7.02)

YP33 - Not the best of seasons (App:21 Gl:4 Asts:1 Avg:6.88)

YP34 - Good, solid season (App:25 Conc:21)

YP35 - Great free-kick taker (App:26 Gl:5 Asts:8 Avg:7.13)

YP36 - Benchwarmer (App:11 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.63)

YP37 - Benchwarmer (App:5 Conc:6)

YP38 - A great defender who knows how to cross the ball (App:24 Gl:0 Asts:5 Avg:7.04)

YP39 - Played well when called upon (App:16 Gl:1 Asts:2 Avg:6.86)

YP40 - Played superbly when we needed him (App:3 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:7.30)

YP41 - Didn't play (App:0 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:N/A)

YP42 - Really bad performances (App:7 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.35)

YP43 - Amazing season! (App:26 Gl:4 Asts:0 Avg:7.10)

YP44 - Not enough goals being scored (App:21 Gl:2 Asts:5 Avg:6.87)

YP45 - A great season for him! (App:24 Gl:14 Asts:7 Avg:7.24)

YP46 - Solid defender, no thrills (App:11 Gl:0 Asts:0 Avg:6.68)

YP47 - Looks to be a great player (App:6 Gl:2 Asts:1 Avg:7.24)

English Premier League - Man Utd won the title, Arsenal second and Liverpool third.

Fa Cup - Man Utd beat Arsenal at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Serie A - Inter Milan won the title, AC Milan second and Roma third.

Liga BBVA - Barcelona won the title, Real Madrid second and Malaga third.

Ligue 1 - Lyon won the title, OM came second and PSG came third.

German First Division - FC Bayern won the title, Schalke second and Werder Bremen third.

Pre-season Update

The start of the 19/20 season is upon us and the aim this season is to win the league once again. This would mean a place in the first qualifying round of the Champions League. During pre season I faced opposition in the Champions League, a friendly, and the Super Cup.

TNS vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

For the second year running we got TNS. Last year we beat them on away goals thanks to a 2-2 aggregate score line. This year however I was looking to win it by normal goals and not have to rely on away goals. The first leg away from home was very boring with neither team looking very good. The final result was 0-0, which is good considering it's away from home, but I would have liked it to have been a score draw so we have the away goals life line.

Penya Encarnada vs TNS (Champions League 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

We needed a win, and that is exactly what we got. YP45 got us our first goal in the 21st minute from a beautiful header that put us in the lead. We entered half time 1-0 up and were confident we could hold onto it. We started the second half well and got our second and final goal in the 71st minute to confirm the win. We held on and won the match 2-0. We are through to the second quals once again!

Penya Encarnada vs Litex (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1)

My opposition in the second round were the Hungarian league winners last season, Litex. We played superbly, passing with a Barcelona-esque rhythem and dominated in the air. However we couldn't get a goal until YP45 was bundled to the floor in the 76th minute and we were awarded a penalty. Under pressure YP33 converted well and secured a 1-0 win! A shock result, but could we get a draw away from home?

Litex vs Penya Encarnada (Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2)

No. We performed the way that I expected us to perform in the first leg, rubbish. Litex had a whopping 18 shots to our 2 but could only convert 2 of them, both in the first half. Our defensive display in the second half was superb and we stopped most of the attacks from Litex, but sadly we couldn't get the ball in their goal, so lost 2-1 on aggregate.

Penya Encarnada vs Sampdoria (Friendly)

I got offered a money making friendly that I couldn't refuse. We got dominated but only lost 2-0 to Seria A opposition. A good result considering the difference in quality of the two sides and that I was fully expecting to lose by 5 to 10 goals.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat (Andorran Super Cup)

The final game of the pre-season was against Principat who finished second last year. They started off the brightest scoring after 24 minutes from just outside the 18 yard box. However and instant reply from the restart from us meant that YP18 slotted the equaliser just 4 minutes later. The game continued at a steady pace with neither team creating many clear cut chances until the 87th minute when we got a corner and YP26 headed home the winner. A superb win for the team and a massive confidence booster.

Transfers

I released 8 players which included 3 youth prospects mainly due to their lack of ability for a top team in Andorra, or their lack to agree a contract extension (YP28). I'm very disappointed I lost YP28 because he performed well for me whilst he was here, but seemed to always want to leave. I suspect he will now never find another club and retire at the age of 20.

Board Expectations - Winners

My Expectations - Winners

September

The first month of the 19/20 season consisted of two league games. The first game was against Engordany who last season came 3rd. I had a great record against them that I wanted to continue. The second game was against FC Lusitans who were promoted last season. The aim was to get all 6 points which would mean both games resulting in a win.

Engordany vs Penya Encarnada

We started off the month against Engordany. My record is so good against them that I was expecting a comfortable win. We played superbly against them and were unlucky to go in at half time level. However after half time we finally began to convert chances. YP07 started the scoring in the 48th minute thanks a inch perfect shot. However Engordany replied well with their first shot of the match being a goal. But from the restart we scored instantly to regain the lead. In the dying minutes YP26 floated in a beautiful free kick to the head of YP43 who scored well. A 3-1 win to open the season.

Penya Encarnada vs FC Lusitans

Beating newly promoted FC Lusitans was a must, and I wanted a large scoreline. The game started badly with YP07 having to come off injured after just 9 minutes. However his replacement YP45 scored within two minutes of coming on! We followed up these goals in the second half thanks to two superb shots from YP33 in the 51st and 75th minute of the game to make it 3-0. That was the final result. YP07 will be injured for the next 3-4 months sadly.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £14.46K. I need to sort this out!

U19s

Apart from the 5-1 loss, a great start to their season!

Best Players

YP43 - Goalscoring defender!

YP33 - Great long shots.

Awards/Records

Defender of the Month - Emilio Magnano (YP43)

Striker of the Month - Fabien Dumont (YP47)

Other News

Due to YP19 and YP07 injuring themselves this month, we are low on strikers. Due to this welcome to the club YP48! He is rated 3* by my attacking coach which means he is the second best striker at the club. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

YP48: Player Profile , Coach Report

Overall

A solid month picking up 6 points out of 6. The only negative is that YP07 will be out for 3-4 months.

LEAGUE TABLE

EUROPEAN U19 CHAMPIONSHIP 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND

09/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Albania U19s

We opened the competition against a team that I felt I could get something from, but I was wrong. Not once during the whole game did we have a shot but due our defence being an absolute rock we somehow stopped them from scoring up until the 84th minute. We then conceded again just 4 minutes later. A 2-0 loss against a rubbish team is disappointing but I kind of expected it.

11/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Turkey U19s

The toughest game of the championship was against Turkey U19s. We started off terribly with them scoring after just 3 minutes. I then expected loads more goals from Turkey but they seemed to give up. It took them until the 72nd minute to score their second and last. A great performance from the team to only lose 2-0.

13/10/18 - Andorra U19s vs Israel U19s

The final game was against Israel U19s who were the second best team in the group. I didn't know what to expect in terms of how many goals they were going to score so anything better than 5 goals would be great. Like in the first game we didn't actually have a single shot, but once again our defence was great. It took a whopping 59 minutes for them to score their first, and their second and final goal came in the 77th minute. This meant we lost all 3 games 2-0. Amazing.

YP18 - Average rating for the competition: 6.8

YP25 - Average rating for the competition: 6.8

YP33 - Average rating for the competition: 6.8

YP34 - Average rating for the competition: 5.7

YP35 - Average rating for the competition: 6.5

YP38 - Average rating for the competition: 6.3

YP43 - Average rating for the competition: 6.0

YP44 - Average rating for the competition: 6.4

YP46 - Average rating for the competition: 6.8

FINAL TABLE - Only conceded 6 goals! :)

October

The second month of the season consisted of 3 matches. The teams involved were Inter d'Escaldes, Santa Coloma and Principat. Last year Inter d'Escaldes finished 5th place in the league whilst Santa Coloma finished in 6th. Principat, my final opponent of the month, finished 2nd last year. The aim was to get 7 points, which would mean 2 wins and a draw.

Inter d'Escaldes vs Penya Encarnada

A win was vital but we couldn't convert our few chances we had. Both teams had 4 shots of which 1 was on target, but neither team could score meaning the final score was a boring 0-0 draw. Disappointing result considering that Inter finished 5th last year, but this year they are doing much better so in hindsight this was a good draw.

The second game of the month was against high fliers Santa Coloma. The game was action packed end to end stuff and either team could have got the first goal, but luckily for us it was YP47 who got the goal thanks to a beautiful chip over the goalkeeper. We hung onto this lead up until the 94th minute where a long ambitious shot that in most cases would have gone wide actually went in! So annoying not to win.

A win was vital and that is what we got. We started off the scoring in 19 minutes with YP35 scoring after their defender made a mistake. However despite dominating Principat got a lucky goal to level the match. I was annoyed but an inspirational team talk seemed to do the trick. After the break YP47 scored once and YP43 scored twice, both from free kicks. An excellent 4-1 win against such a strong team. Very happy to end the month on a win.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £13.88K.

U19s

Two losses, one win. Not good.

Best Players

YP43 - Continues to score loads of goals from set pieces.

YP47 - Despite being just 15 years old, he is seriously impressing me.

Awards/Records

Overall

2 points short of the aim is annoying, but the win against Principat was superb.

LEAGUE TABLE

November

Another three games this month and I needed to get as many points as possible from them. We started the month against FS Massana who finished 4th last season. The second game of the month was against Casa Benfica who finished 7th last season and stayed up thanks to a win in the playoffs. The final game of the month was against FC Lusitans who won the Second Division last season. The aim was to get 7 points which would mean at least 2 wins and a draw.

The first game of the month was against FS Massana. We started off the match superbly scoring three goals in just 20 minutes. YP47 started the scoring in the 8th minute, followed up by an own goal from FS Massana. In the 19th minute YP43 got another goal from a corner to get us 3-0 up. Although we continued to dominate, they scored a consolation goal in the 29th minute. We entered half time 3-1 up after a dominating first half. We continued as we left off in the second half and their player Rui Loureiro was sent off in the 70th minute to add to their woes. YP48 then got his first goal for us in the 79th minute, with a clean strike into the corner. A superb 4-1 win!

The second game of the month was against Casa Benfica. As with the first game against FS Massana, we once again started extremely strongly scoring after just 6 minutes thanks to a wonder strike from YP33. Despite the domination Casa Benfica got an undeserved goal in the 65th minute, but thankfully a ruthless tackle in the penalty area from Casa Benfica just 11 minutes later gave us a penalty, with YP35 converted well. Another good dominant win.

FC Lusitans vs Penya Encarnada

The third game of the month was against FC Lusitans. I gave YP32 his first appearance of the season due to my anger with YP44 (see below) and his performance was one to remember. In the 56th minute YP32 found the ball at his feet and rocketed the ball into the net. Despite just 2 minutes of added on time, YP47 scored in the 95th minute - I have no idea why the ref didn't end the match before hand. Another good solid win.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.92K.

U19s

An unbeaten month.

Best Players

YP47 - A great player at just 15 years of age.

Awards/Records

For some reason despite this month being one of the best for us, no awards were given to us!

Other News

I have decided to sell YP44 to FC Lusitans for free. YP44 can play in attack and defence. His attacking stats are so poor that he cannot score (scored 0 times in 11 appearances). This is mainly due to 2 in finishing! His defensive stats are great but our defence are so strong already that he is not needed. That is why I have decided to sell him, even if it is for nothing.

Overall

A great month that leaves us top of the table. More of the same next month, please.

LEAGUE TABLE

December

This month consisted of 4 games and I needed to get loads of points from them. The opposition I faced included Casa Benfica, Engordany, Inter d'Escaldes and Santa Coloma. The aim was to get 8 points which would mean two wins and two draws. It was a tough aim, but did I achieve it?

Casa Benfica vs Penya Encarnada

The first game of the month was against Casa Benfica. I knew that a win was needed if I wanted to get record points this season, and that is exactly what I got. The first goal came from my newest striker YP48 in the 67th minute. This was then followed up by YP44 scoring probably his last goal for us in his career before he moves onto FC Lusitans. Unluckily for us we conceded in the 90th minute, but thankfully it didn't matter. A solid, dominant win and all 3 points.

Penya Encarnada vs Engordany

The second game of the month was against Engordany. I wanted to continue our great record against them, and that is exactly what we did. The first goal we scored came in the 26th minute from YP33 - a wonderful shot from around 35 yards out. The winning goal came in the 59th minute from YP47 and that was the final goal. A solid 2-0 win to keep up our 6 game winning record.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes

The third game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. We absolutely dominated the game from start to finish allowing them only to have 2 shots in the whole game. YP33 started off the scoring in the 9th minute with another good goal from outside of the area. YP47 followed this up with a well placed penalty in the 35th minute. Despite our dominancy we couldn't get another goal so game ended 2-0.

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada

The fourth and final game of the month was against Santa Coloma. Getting at least a point from this game was vital, and that is what we did. Santa Coloma started off the brightest with a headed goal from Nacho Diaz in the 25th minute. However we instantly replied with two goals from YP33 and YP43 to turn the scoreline around. However just before the break Omar Pernia scored a nice shot to make it 2-2 at half time. We dominated the second half and got ourselves a deserved winner in the 55th minute from YP45. However in the 66th minute YP18 got himself sent off and will be out for 3 games. A good win, but the red card ruined it for me.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £9.05K.

U19s

Rubbish.

Best Players

YP33 - Scored 3 times in 4 games!

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP33

Defender of the Month - YP43

Striker of the Month - YP47

Overall

12 points out of 12! Amazing month with comfortable wins in each game. Very confident we can win the league with more points than ever before.

LEAGUE TABLE

As good as champions already :)

Yeah, pretty much :)

Transfers

IN

Pablo Hernandez (YP49) - Second best striker

Ruben Sanchez (YP50) - Third best striker

OUT

Jose Vincente Lorenzo (YP44) - Rubbish as a striker, good as a defender but wasn't as good as other DCs

Jaume Gonzalez (YP19) - Bad striker

Jose Javier Gonzalez (YP32) - OK striker but is not needed any longer

January

This month consisted of just one game and it was against Principat who I have a very bad record against. Therefore I decided on a relatively low aim of 1 point for this month. This would mean at least one single draw.

Penya Encarnada vs Principat

I was hoping as this was the only game of the month that it would be reasonably interesting, but it was actually really dull. Although we played better in the game, we didn't actually get a really good chance so scoring was almost impossible. The result was a fair one as neither team got a chance to win it. A good solid point.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £14.27k.

U19s

A win and a loss.

Best Players

None

Awards/Records

None

Overall

Got the aim, but was hoping for more.

LEAGUE TABLE

February

As with every February, this was the month of lots of games. This is due to the introduction of the Andorran Cup to our fixture list. This month I faced 4 games, of which 2 were in the league. We faced FS Massana twice in the league before starting off our Andorran Cup journey against under-performing Sant Julia. The aim was to win both league matches and progress in the cup.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada (League)

The first game of the month was against FS Massana. We started well and were rewarded in the 31st minute by in form YP33 with another great shot into the top corner. This was then followed up just before the break with a headed goal from YP43. We continued our dominance in the second half with a very nice strike from YP47 just 6 minutes after the break. I then put on YP50 for his debut and got a goal from a mistake by FS Massana's defenders. A great win and it was good to see YP50 play.

FS Massana vs Penya Encarnada (League)

An identical fixture as the first, but this time we weren't as good. The first half was fairly equal with both teams having chances but our defences were superb. However early in the second half my defence seemed asleep as they failed to clear the ball, and we conceded due to it. However a superb reply from YP47 just 5 minutes later leveled the game. Despite playing better the majority of the shots were rubbish and we did not deserve to win.

Sant Julia vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup 2nd Round)

The Andorran Cup draw gave us Sant Julia away. I put out a strong side as I didn't want to go out this early in the competition. After 90 minutes no team had scored so I put on two players YP45 and YP42 who both have great penalty taking stats. However penalties were not needed. Both players who I brought on had much more fitness and both scored goals to win the match. Happy to have avoided penalties.

Encamp vs Penya Encarnada (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 1)

The Andorran Cup draw gave us Encamp in the quarter finals. I knew a win was needed, and that is just what we got. Despite fielding a weaker side than usual, both YP45 and YP40 scored goals in either half to win the game comfortably 2-0. Encamp also had chances to win it, but their finishing was rubbish.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £17.27K. Need to sort this out!

U19s

A mixed bag of results.

Best Players

YP26 - Played well this month, happy with his partnership with YP43.

YP50 - Great debut goal!

Awards/Records

Player of the Month - YP47

Defender of the Month - YP43

Overall

Another great month. All 4 games were away from home, but it didn't matter! Looking forward to the youth candidates and March in general.

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

The time has come to see who has come through our academy and hopefully be greeted with decent players who can hopefully be playing first team football in the next few years. This year I got okay players but none of them are good enough to directly enter the first team as YP. Therefore all the players suiting my formation were signed but kept in the youth team.

Signed youth players

No youth prospects this year although I'm sure some will come in the summer from the youth team. Hopefully the players have a high PA and will develop quickly.

March

We have once against reached March and this year we had 4 games to contend with. The first game was against Encamp in the second leg of the Andorran Cup quarter finals. We held a 2-0 aggregate lead which meant progress was likely. The second game was a league game against Inter d'Escaldes and if I won it, the title would be mine... with 4 games to go! Two more games followed against Santa Coloma and FS Massana. So did I win the title?

Penya Encarnada vs Encamp (Andorran Cup Quarter Final Leg 2)

The first game of the month was our second leg of the quarter finals. We held a 2-0 aggregate lead and were firm favourites to get to the semi finals. We started off superbly scoring after just 9 minutes thanks to a strike from YP47. However despite having a lot of good chances to win the game by even more, we couldn't score again. A 3-0 aggregate win was great and keeping a clean sheet was a bonus.

Penya Encarnada vs Inter d'Escaldes (League)

The first league game of the month was against Inter d'Escaldes. A win was vital as it would mean winning the title with 4 games to go. We started off well and got a penalty after just 17 minutes which YP35 converted easily. It took until the 80th minute to get our second goal, but it was worth it. A nice shot from YP26 in the 18 yard box got us the win we needed and won us the First Division!

Santa Coloma vs Penya Encarnada (League)

We did not play well, but that was expected. It was tough opposition, at their new stadium, versus the team in second place, and we were too relaxed to play competitively, and I fielded a slightly weaker team. All those excuses resulted in a poor performance and a 1-0 loss. Disappointing but expected.

Penya Encarnada vs FS Massana (League)

Strange. We dominated the match well but couldn't get enough of our shots on target. In the 87th minute we were losing 2-1 and I couldn't believe how, but YP48 showed why he should be included in the first eleven with a crisp shot into the corner to get us a late equalising goal.

Finances

Penya Encarnada recorded a loss of £10.22K. Getting better, looking forward to contracts running out.

U19s

I decided to take control of the U19s, and I didn't do too badly. Into the U19s cup final!

Best Players

YP26 - Pure class. Superb month including a goal.

Awards/Records

None.

Overall

Won the Andorran First Division once again! Sadly the results after the Inter game haven't been good, but it has been expected.

LEAGUE TABLE

April and May

League: Sadly we lost the last two games against Inter d'Escaldes and Santa Coloma 3-1. We end the year on 41 points which is 6 points less than last year but had it not been for the poor form after we won the title we could have easily got near to the 50 mark.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

Andorran Cup: I decided to let my ass man do the Andorran Cup semis and final because I just wanted to get the season finished. We won the first leg of the semi finals 2-0 but lost the second leg 2-1. However thankfully a 3-2 aggregate win got us through. In the final we were humiliated 3-0. However 9 of our players were on international duty so the loss was expected.

ANDORRAN CUP PROGRESS

U19s: Won the U19s cup 2-1 a.e.t thanks to YP42 scoring a late winner. They also won the league by just 1 point. A great performance from the U19s this year, hoping for even better in the next.

U19s LEAGUE TABLE

Season summary will be posted in the next 2/3 hours

Archived