Europa League: Reach the group stages

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in the top eight places

FA Cup: I'd love to get to the quarter finals

League Cup: A place in the semi-finals

Europa League: The be still in the competiton after Christmas

Budgets

Transfer: £16,629,586

Wages: £536,043 (Currently spending £478,483)

Balance: £3,260,348 (Up £888,498 from last season)

A decent transfer budget for the season considering it comes after the players I had already agreed to sign before the end of the season joined the club. The finances are at a similar level when I joined the club, but that comes after over £10million was on expanding the stadium at the end of last season.

Squad

squadjuly2014.png

This is by no means the complete squad - there is still much work to do before the transfer window closes at the end of August. I'm still hunting new center half and a striker, and in general just more quality squad players. Some of the above players will probably move on before the start of the season aswell.

As for key players, I'll post them in the transfer window round-up update, along with my revised squad list.

As a Man Utd fan surely you cant go to Arsenal? Good luck this season as well. Going to be tough to match your achievements last season.

I'd go anywhere if i thought at the time it was the right career move, even Liverpool!

Once i get past my first three games, (Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Tottenham (A)), i anticipate a solid campaign.

I could see you having no problem taking the Arsenal job, haven't you managed Chelsea before?

Tough start to the season but you had some good results against the big sides last season.

I have yes, in actual fact I still have an active save with them that I pop on at times.

If I lose all three of those games I won't be too concerned. Last season I did so much better than I ever imagined against them that I can't possibly repeat it this term. I should really concerntrate and beating the middle to lower sides, who I failed against at times last term. (By "failed" I mean drawing aswell as losing).

Just what I wanted three days before the start of the season...............

sinclairinjury.png

Not like I've got a tought start to the season or the Europa League fourth qualifying round to play or anything. Thanks for taking care of him England, top work.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2014/15 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

transferssummer2014.png

Alot of activity in the summer, but despite bringing in a fair few players our net spend isn't that high. All in all I'd say we''ve had a very good summer in the market. The squad has moved to the next level from last season I think, and we can hopefully repeat our success of last season.

Kyle Naughton

A definite upgrade on our current right back. Can also cover at left back.

Jonny Howson

A tough midfielder, and also a good passer of the ball. Could add some much needed energy and creativity to the side.

Henri Lansbury

Delighted we managed to get Lansbury to join on a permanent deal. Last season he did pretty well, but was at times disrupted by injuries. Hopefully he can remain fit this campaign and we can see even more from him.

Danny Welbeck

At £3.3million he culd be a realt steal for us. If he gets 15 goals this term I'll be delighted.

Younes Kaboul

As with Lansbury, I'm delighted we got Kaboul signed up. He was arock for us last term, and hopefully he'll be same now he's joined permanently.

Jack Butland

Will be my second choice goalkeeper. In Michel Vorm and Moreira he has tw very experienced goalkeepers to learn from, and in a few years he should be first choic.

Stefan Savic

Looks like he will could be a great signing. At 22 he's young, and fits the kind of profile I'm looking for to take the club forward.

Kyle Bartley

Now 23, Bartley looks like he's developed well under the AI. Able to play centre back or in defensive midfield, he will be very useful indeed. As with age, he fits the kind of age and profile I'm looking for.

Kieran Gibbs

Brought in as competition to Neil Taylor, I can sign him for £1.3million at any time. At 24 now, he has kind of lost his way after playing very little football at Arsenal. Hopefully he can fins his way again becuase he is a very sound player.

Preseason

preseasonfixtures2014.png

A solid little preseason for us. As always I don't like playing loads of games, but we got a couple of games in, and victories, against decent opponents to begin with, and then two morale bosting wins against lower sides.

Time to get on with the season then! First up, only Liverpool away, no problem.

Some fantastic signings there and sticking with an English theme for the majority. Very good business you've pulled off for some too.

Savic is capable of playing for City from day 1 (in my experiences with him, at least) so to get someone like him for so little is brilliant. I'm sure that alongside Kaboul (if you start these two) they'll form a great partnership.

Thoroughly impressed with your business - you should have a wonderful season.

Some fantastic signings there and sticking with an English theme for the majority. Very good business you've pulled off for some too.

Savic is capable of playing for City from day 1 (in my experiences with him, at least) so to get someone like him for so little is brilliant. I'm sure that alongside Kaboul (if you start these two) they'll form a great partnership.

Thoroughly impressed with your business - you should have a wonderful season.

The English/British thing was intended. I don't mind having foreign players at all, but I just want to keep the core of my side from the British Isles.

Savic certainly looks excellent, can't believe he was available so cheap. As for my center back partnership, I don't know what is going to be yet. So far in August I've played four games and used three different combinations. Surprisingly, my best central defender so far has probably been one who was already there - Ashley Williams!

Some brilliant signings you've made and at brilliant prices as well.Good luck for the new season :thup:

Thanks alot. Can't wait to get stuck into it!

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesaugust2014.png

pltableaugust2014.png

A brilliant start to the campaign. If you'd have offered me four points from these three games before the start of the season I'd have snapped your hand off. We were unfortunate at Anfield, and despite Arsenal dominating for large amounts of the game at the Liberty Stadium, we should have won it, but Papiss Cisse missed a 94th mintue penalty. However, we went to Spurs, and for the second season in a row we won.

As I said above, a cracking start to the league campaign. And the clubs record signing Papiss Cisse is really on form.

August 2014 Continued

Europa League

europalgefixturesaugust.png

We were unseeded and thus drawn against Croatian giants Dinamo. I thought it would be tricky but we could get through, and my was I wrong! We put in a sensational performance in the home leg and the 5-0 win in no way flattered us. The second leg was more controlled, and despite the close scoreline it was comfortable.

When the groups were drawn we were amongst the bottom seeds, and in all honesty we could have been handed a much tougher group;

europalgegroupaugust201.png

Leverkusen will be tough both home and away, but I'm quietly confident that we can qualify for the next round.

After rejecting my request for improvements to youth facilities in the summer, finally the board are coming around to my way of thinking and looking further afield than the here and now.

facilitiesupgrade2014.png

Hopefully down the line they will listen to my request to improve the youth facilities.

And in the same conversation I asked for a new contract, which was immediately offered to me;

newcontract2014.png

And I of course duly accepted;

newcontractaccepted2014.png

Well with them offering me another year on my deal and an extra £25,000 p/w, I could hardly say no!!

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesseptember2014.png

pltableseptember2014.png

A good month for us, even if we did benefit from a couple of own goals. Boltonat home was comfortable to say the least and we should have scored more. Blackburn was similar, but we didn't kill the game off and they equalised in the 90th minute through a corking long range effort. The game against Wolves was our most dominant Premier League match of the season thus far; we had 60% possession and created a host of good chances. More performances like that will hopefully become a more regular occurence.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturesseptember2014.png

Not a convincing performance against the League One side, but still we got our defence of the League Cup off to a solid start. Was also nice to see Danny Graham help himslef to a goal.

September 2014 Continued

Europa League

elfixturesseptember2014.png

elgroupseptember2014.png

An excellent start for us in our opening group game. As with the League Cup, I was very pleased to see Danny Graham come into the side and get on the scresheet. He's not terribly happy at the minute, but he's doing well when called upon.

Next up is Steaua away. A tricky looking test.

Very nice start to the season. Brilliant August considering it was so tough but you have come through well. Papiss Cisse looks like he has accepted the challenge of Danny Welbeck being there and has started fantastic.

Very solid start to the season, should be confident of qualifying from that group.

Thanks. And yes, i think we should certainly get through the group.

Very nice start to the season. Brilliant August considering it was so tough but you have come through well. Papiss Cisse looks like he has accepted the challenge of Danny Welbeck being there and has started fantastic.

Augest gave so much more than i expected to be honest.

Thus far, because of injuries, i've got them both in the team. Welbeck is at AMR, with Cisse upfront and Sinclair at AML. It's a very potent attacking machine at the minute.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesoctober2014.png

pltableoctober2014.png

What can I say? I guess the only word is brilliant. If I wanted to be critical then I would say we conceded too many goals, but on the other hand we are now scoring more goals aswell. If the two 4-2 wins against West Brom and Fulham weren't good enough, then the stunning 3-1 win over Manchester United was just that, stunning. What I did like in October was how the goals were shared around amongst my front three. Cisse got four, while Welbeck and Sinclair both notched three apiece.

So top of the league we are. The question is though; can we stay there? Up next is two away games..............against Chelsea and Manchester City.

League Cup 4th Round

lcfixturesoctober2014.png

A solid if unspectacular win, but good to see players coming into the side, like Jazz Richards, playing well when called upon. We march on into the quarter finals.

October Continued

Europa League

elfixturesoctober2014.png

elgroupoctober2014.png

A couple of super results. The win in Bucharest was more spectacular, but the win in Leverkusen was simply unbeliveable as we were such underdogs. We put up a cracking defensive disaplay, and thoroughly deserved to take the points. Now with three games left to play, two of which are at home, progression to the next round should definitely be ours.

Well done at Leverkusen as that was the big test.

Cheers. In all honesty we got battered, but the defence stood firm.

Fantastic thread! I've just finished reading all 4 pages. You've done terrific, well done! shall be checking back into this thread to see how your career develops.

Thanks, and it's nice to know there's another user following the thread.

Super impressive results so far this season, it'd be incredible if you could finish above Arsenal this season. I can't believe you paid more for Naughton than Welbeck or Lansbury though, some very smooth business in the transfer market there!

Nice transfers (as per usual) and a great start to the season. :thup:

Lets see if you can confirm against Chelsea and City.

Thank you my old friend.

Chelsea is quite possible; they're on a rotte run of form.

Super impressive results so far this season, it'd be incredible if you could finish above Arsenal this season. I can't believe you paid more for Naughton than Welbeck or Lansbury though, some very smooth business in the transfer market there!

Well both Welbeck and Lansbury were on the transfer list. Whereas Naughton, who's transfer was arranged back in March, was first choice at Norwich, who were top of the Championship at the time and eventually gained promotion.

A Welsh team top of the English Premier League? Call me a nationalist but I'll never be able to accept it.

Haha the same thing had crossed my mind to be honest! Might have to sabotage myself!

Looking very good so far,hopefully you can maintain some of that form.

Hopefully yes. The seond half of the season will be very interesting as I've only got two of the big six (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Tottenham), to play away from home. So, who knows?

I'd stay with Swansea and go for the crown, then resign. :cool:

Well, even I'm coming around to the possibility that we could!

Definitely should stay for now, not just re: chelsea.

I quite agree. The new contract I signed, (and requested myself), recently was because I actually want to stick around, not because it meant more money in my weekly wage.

The fact that Chelsea are 15th would make me even keener to take the job.

I don't fancy the job, and that is partly because I also have a save currently going with them. So that also makes it a no-go.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

novplfixtures2014.png

novpltable2014.png

An almost perfect month for us, with the only blip being a defeat at mega rich Manchester City. Chelsea may be struggling, but winning away from home there is still a great achivement for us. We battled hard at City, but eventually the class of Sergio Aguero came through to the surface. After that defeat we recovered well, and won three lesser teams on the spin to keep up the pressure on Manchester United.

Next up is a trip to Ipswich Town.

Archived