Saying the wrong thing in teamtalks...

They won't and indeed shouldn't put an undo button in as then all you would have to do is keep undoing your teamtalk until you found the response that gave the best reaction. I've done a similar thing to the OP on a couple of occasions but I think this is my fault and not the games. If you aren't paying attention and do something stupid you can only blame yourself.

The best remedy for this imo is to speak to any players that list this a "concern" on their profile and tell them that you will work on improving this side of your game and they should see an improvements in the coming months. Can't remember the exact phrasing but it goes along those lines.

Finally watch what your doing and it won't happen again.;)

You'd think that a 2-1 Win over Barcelona to win the Champs League would warranty a positive reaction from a passionate response. Ohhhh no - just blank stares.

BUT!

a routine 2-0 win over a Serie C1/A team, in the bottom 3 in the Italian Cup is all to hail for..

Ahh well..

For some baffling reason, the 'undo last' button is never active during team talks.

Why have it there?

Because then youd never give a bad team talk, youd just undo it all the time.

The best thing you can do is give personal TTs or defence, midfield, attack as a group. This can undo individual pre match bad reactions.

The best remedy for this imo is to speak to any players that list this a "concern" on their profile and tell them that you will work on improving this side of your game and they should see an improvements in the coming months.

I wouldn't do this, otherwise you end up getting the reputation that your players can walk all over you. I much prefer to be hard, and then over time you wont get players messing you about.

I often press the continue button in the top left of the screen due to some slight lag when the team talk is loading and therefore my players run out into the second half without any words of encouragement - I usually end up losing. I would also like a confirm button when continue is clicked.

If your main team-talk gives mostly red reactions, you can simply praise the goalkeeper, defence, midfield, and forward positions separately to get it back to green. Or praise each player personally.

i did that and the whole team just got confused. it didnt matter much though as our form was still good afterwards, it's just annoying that a slight lapse in concentration can have such a bad affect.

I'm playing as St Mirren and we drew a couple of games against stronger teams, Hibs and Motherwell I think, so I gave a passionate talk of you did well out there as they had fought hard for the draw yet all the players switch off in response!! Surely my team talk was along the right lines with a passionate show of well done to get a draw against a stronger team....this was added to given that the media response was St Mirren close to upset etc. and the prediction was for me to get stuffed!!

I wouldn't do this, otherwise you end up getting the reputation that your players can walk all over you. I much prefer to be hard, and then over time you wont get players messing you about.

I disagree with that. I'm generally quite hard on players but if I give a wildly inappropriate teamtalk that upsets one or more of my most influental players then I think they deserve an apology. If they were upset by what I believed to be justified criticism then that would be different and they can leave the club if they can't get over it.

Tenuous on-topic link but for me one area of teamtalks that has annoyed me for a few years in when at HT you warn the players about the dangers of complacency, no matter what tone you use or which of the two/three ways of putting across the same message you can be pretty sure that once the second half kicks off your team will not be anywhere near competitive.

It's like telling a child not to stick their head through the fence, you know they're going to do it just to find out why they shouldn't.

Tenuous on-topic link but for me one area of teamtalks that has annoyed me for a few years in when at HT you warn the players about the dangers of complacency, no matter what tone you use or which of the two/three ways of putting across the same message you can be pretty sure that once the second half kicks off your team will not be anywhere near competitive.

It's like telling a child not to stick their head through the fence, you now they're going to do it just to find out why they shouldn't.

I've been avoiding the "guard against complacency" teamtalks for years now. I have not once seen a positive impact from using it in FM. Without fail this team talk always seems to end up making my team become complacent and go on to lose the match.

For me there are 3 laws of FM;

1. Don't get complacent = utterly abject 2nd half display
  2. Defensive/defend set-piece match prep = watch your defence get ripped to shreds
  3. If you're in a title/promotion push you will drop points against teams fighting against relegation

well personally i use the complacent one quite often, especially if my team is leading but not convincing AND if my team has been walking over a team but doesnt have a big lead, ive seen an improved defense using the match prep, and i dont think i have lost to a team not in the top 3 for 3 seasons now, its funny old game FM eh!! Lol :)

For me there are 3 laws of FM;
  1. Don't get complacent = utterly abject 2nd half display
  2. Defensive/defend set-piece match prep = watch your defence get ripped to shreds
  3. If you're in a title/promotion push you will drop points against teams fighting against relegation

Completely agree!

Archived