FM 2012: FC Porto - Hulk SMASH!

Koma

Welcome to the official Futebol Clube do Porto FM 2012 thread!

fcporto.jpg

About FC Porto

Futebol Clube do Porto is a Portuguese multi-sports club from the city of Porto, in the northern region of the country. Although they successfully compete in a number of different sports, FC Porto is mostly known for its association football team. Founded in Porto in September 28, 1893, it is one of the "Três Grandes" (Big Three, in English), football clubs in Portugal, with Benfica and Sporting CP being the other two clubs, FC Porto's biggest rivals. FC Porto's supporters are often called "Portistas" or "Dragões" (Dragons). It is the most successful Portuguese football club in international competitions, with 7 titles, and the second most successful in domestic competitions, with 63 titles. It is also the most successful Portuguese football club in terms of total titles, with 70 titles.

Domestically, it holds the record of five Portuguese Liga titles in a row, having won the Portuguese Liga 25 times. Other national titles won by the club include the Championship of Portugal/Portuguese Cup 20 times and the Portuguese SuperCup 18 times. FC Porto has the distinction of being one of only two teams in the history of the Portuguese Liga to have completed an entire 30 game season (2010–11) unbeaten (the other being Benfica in the 1972–73 season). In the 2010–11 season, FC Porto achieved the largest difference ever between champion and runners-up (21 points).

FC Porto is an internationally lauded team, with a national record of seven international titles: the 1986–87 European Cup, the 1987 Intercontinental Cup, the 1987 UEFA Super Cup (Portugal's only UEFA Super Cup trophy), thus becoming one of a few teams in the world to hold in possession three major international titles simultaneously and the only one in Portugal, the 2002–03 UEFA Cup (Portugal's only UEFA Cup trophy), the 2003–04 UEFA Champions League (Portugal's only UEFA Champions League trophy), the 2004 Intercontinental Cup (Portugal's only Intercontinental Cup trophies) and the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League (Portugal's only UEFA Europa League trophy). In addition, FC Porto was runners-up in the 1983–84 European Cup Winners' Cup, in the 2003 UEFA Super Cup, in the 2004 UEFA Super Cup and in the 2011 UEFA Super Cup.

FC Porto was one of the founding members of the Primeira Liga in 1933, and, together with Benfica and Sporting, it has never been relegated from the First Division (Primeira Divisão, in Portuguese) of Portuguese football. FC Porto was also one of the founding members of the now disbanded G-14, and is a member of the European Clubs Association (one of the founding members as well).

History

The club was founded in 1893 by Monteiro da Costa. The original stadium still exists (the field of constitution), currently serving the formation of the club, under the name Dragon Force.

FC Porto's nickname, "Dragões" (Dragons), as well as the name of their stadium, Estádio do Dragão (Dragon's Stadium), is related to the club's coat of arms. Until 1922 the club's emblem was a blue football with the letters FCP in white. That year, one of the club's players thought of combining that emblem with the city of Porto's coat of arms at the time. These arms, given by Queen Maria II in 1837 (subsequently altered in 1940), had a quartered shield, showing in the first and fourth quarter the arms of Portugal, and in the second and third quarter the Virgin Mary holding the Child Jesus. The crest of the Royal House of Portugal was a dragon holding the motto "Invicta" (undefeated), surrounded by the collar of the Order of the Tower and the Sword, Portugal's highest honour, bestowed on the city by the queen after the undefeated siege of July 1832 – August 1833. Still today the official titles of the city of Porto are: "Antiga, Mui Nobre, Sempre Leal e Invicta" (ancient, very noble, always loyal and undefeated), and to this date, the city is often referred to in Portugal as "a (cidade) Invicta" (the undefeated [city]). The colours of the club may likewise be inspired by the historical colours of Portugal: until the overthrow of the Monarchy in 1910, the Portuguese flag was blue and white (instead of the modern green and red) with the coat of arms of Portugal in the centre, crowned by a royal crown.

When Pinto da Costa joined as president, FC Porto was the only club from the "Três Grandes" without European honours, but that quickly changed. Its first final in an international competition was played against Juventus for the 1983–84 European Cup Winners' Cup, however FC Porto lost, in a match that became known for the bad refereeing of Adolf Prokop . The coach was José Maria Pedroto. Three years later, the team led by Artur Jorge, the name hand-picked by José Maria Pedroto, won its first European honour in a thrilling 2–1 victory over Bayern Munich in the European Cup 1986–87. The following season, Porto won the European Super Cup against AFC Ajax, and the Intercontinental Cup against Peñarol, making it the first Portuguese winners of either cup. The coach was Tomislav Ivić. The following 16 years saw FC Porto as an average team – often in the final 16, but not progressing much further. The exception was in 1994, when Porto reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. The semi-final, decided on a single game, resulted in a heavy loss (3–0) at the hands of Johann Cruyff's FC Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

In 2003, under the guidance of José Mourinho, FC Porto made a UEFA Cup run, concluding with a victory in the final against Celtic in Seville, Spain. It was FC Porto's first Treble (consisting in the Portuguese Liga, in the Portuguese Cup and in the UEFA Cup titles). In this year, FC Porto lost the UEFA Super Cup against A.C. Milan. The following season set a greater challenge, but despite a slow start which included a 1–3 loss against Real Madrid, FC Porto never lost again in the Champions League, relegating Olympique de Marseille to the UEFA Cup (where they reached the final), drawing with Manchester United at Old Trafford in the dying minutes of play to go through on aggregate, and beating Olympique Lyonnais and Deportivo La Coruña. FC Porto beat AS Monaco 3–0 in the Final, played in Arena AufSchalke in Germany. FC Porto's UEFA Champions League winning line-up for their spectacular cup-run was: Vítor Baía, Nuno Valente, Ricardo Carvalho, Jorge Costa©, Paulo Ferreira, Costinha, Maniche, Pedro Mendes, Deco (Pedro Emanuel), Derlei (Benni McCarthy), and Carlos Alberto (Dmitri Alenichev). In this year, FC Porto lost the UEFA Super Cup against Valencia. Even after the departure of José Mourinho to Chelsea, the club kept winning at the international level. On 12 December 2004, FC Porto won the last-held Intercontinental Cup, by beating Once Caldas from Colombia 8–7 in a penalty shoot-out. The coach was Víctor Fernández.

2011 UEFA Europa League winners and second Treble

2011 saw the club winning a second Treble (consisting in the Portuguese Liga, Portuguese Cup and UEFA Europa League titles). Under the guidance of André Villas-Boas (who became at 33 years old the youngest coach ever to win a European competition), FC Porto won the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League ensuring its second UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League title. It was the first European final ever between two Portuguese clubs (FC Porto and Braga). Radamel Falcao also set a new goalscoring record of 17 goals in 14 matches during the campaign (Play-off round excluded), surpassing Jürgen Klinsmann's previous record. In this year, FC Porto lost the UEFA Super Cup against F.C. Barcelona.

Estádio do Dragão

estdiododragowallpaper.jpg

Porto's home games are played at Estádio do Dragão (English: Dragon's Stadium) in Porto. Built in 2003 as a replacement for FC Porto's old ground, Estádio das Antas, it is one of the best football arenas in the Europe and as a venue for UEFA Euro 2004, Estádio do Dragão has an all-seated capacity of 50,399. The stadium's name is derived from the presence of a dragon on the crest of the city of Porto during the Monarchy, which is also the nickname of Porto fans. Designed by Manuel Salgado and built by the Grupo Amorim, it cost €97,755,318, of which €18,430,956 was supported by the Portuguese taxpayers. To support costs, each stand carries one or two sponsor names: EDP for the south end, TMN and SAPO ADSL in the east stands, PT and meo for the west stands, and finally Coca-Cola in the north stands. Away fans are placed in the left corner of the North stand, while Porto supporter groups ("SuperDragões" and "Colectivo Ultras 95") are at each end, although initially both groups were in the South stand.

Managers

image-17-for-editorial-p.jpg

In recent years, Porto was lauded for discovering and developing talented players, but, they've also managed to launch some world class managers to. First one was "The Special One" himself, Jose Mourinho. After great number of years in backroom staff of "Dragoes", he managed to win UEFA Cup and Champions League with Porto, and he also had great sucees in Chelsea and with italian giants, Inter, he managed to win his 2nd CL trophy with "Nerazzurri". 2nd one was his "partner in crime", the man they call "The Special One" II, André Villas-Boas. After different roles in coaching staff of his favourite club, Porto, in 2009. he was apointed as new manager of strugling Academica. In short time, he managed to save them from relegation and he even got to the semifinals of the domestic cup. Villas-Boas was announced as new Porto manager on 2 June 2010. On 7 August 2010, he won his first trophy when Porto beat Benfica 2–0 in the Portuguese Supercup. He followed this with three more titles: the Portuguese Primeira Liga, the UEFA Europa League and the Portuguese Cup. Porto finished the league season undefeated, with 27 victories and 3 draws. He became the third youngest coach to win the Primeira Liga, behind Mihály Siska (1938–39), and Juca (1961–62) and the youngest manager ever to win a European competition, by winning the UEFA Europa League on 18 May 2011 at the age of 33 years and 213 days. His €15 million (£13.3 million) move from Porto to Chelsea is the most expensive ever by a manager. Unusually for a manager at the top level, he has no experience as a professional player.

Both of these managers are studies of great Sir Bobby Robson.

Transfer activity and developing players

hulk-porto.jpg

Porto's success on the field of play has been matched by their performance off the pitch, their scouting system and academy are among the best in the world. They are well known for buying talented young players for small amount of money and making huge profit on their sale. This is a hugely important activity for Porto’s business model, which can most clearly be seen in 2006, which was the last time the club made a loss, almost entirely due to the club’s decision to retain players that year in order improve their chances of winning. The numbers are simply incredible for a club of Porto’s size. Since that Champions League win in 2004, the club has raked in almost €350 million revenue from player sales, though its net surplus is “only” €190 million, as it also spent €160 million on buying players in the same period. Looking at this another way, Porto have spent a lot on buying players, but have made even more on selling them. Anderson, Bruno Alves, Raul Meireles, Carvalho, Falcao, Deco, are just some of the names that were bought or developed within the club. If you want club that knows how to do good job in the market, look no further.

Football Manager 2012

General info

untitled.jpg

Trophies

untitled.jpg

Budgets:

untitled.jpg

Squad analysis:

GK

Helton - captain and you #1. He is good goalkeeper, nothing spectacular but he can do his job without many mistakes. I sugest you keep him as your 1. choice and in the future he can be great tutor for your replacement.

Rafael Bracalli - good backup for Helton.

Youth prospects: Kadu - he seems to have some potentital, could become nice goalie for your team.

Recomended signings: Luis Guilherme, Rene Adler - Despite his quality and love for the club, Helton is not getting any younger. I sugest you buy talented Luis Guilherme from Botafogo so he can be his sucessor in the future. He is very good, very cheap and he is from Brazil, another import for Porto. If you want some world-class player on that position, you can sign Rene Adler on free in january window.

CB

Rolando - very good CB altough he is not world class player. If you don't sign anyone on this position, he and Otamendi are your partnership.

Nicolas Otamendi - you really don't know anything about him? Quit FM and go play Sims.

Maicon - talented young CB with great potential, I sugest you keep him because he can only get better in the future.

Eliaquim Mangala - another great prospect, he can be very good player if you trian him in the right way.

Youth prospects: Thiago Ferreira can be decent player in the future, altough don't think he will become anything spectacular.

Recomended signings: Jan Vertonghen - this part of the team is good and has lots of options, still, if you want world class player that will make excelent partnership with Otamendi, I highly sugest this bro'. It's perfect partnership of a player that's brave and mad enough to run against a train (Otamendi) and Vertonghen, ball playing CB with vision like Scholes.

FB

Alex Sandro - player with very bright future, could be one of the best assets in your club.

Alvaro Pereira - great left fb, many big clubs will try to get him but I sugest you keep him as your #1 LB and tutor to young Alex Sandro.

Miguel Lopes - solid RB, could be very good backup for your new right back.

Jorge Fucile - altough he has great attributes overall, I think it would be good if you could sell him and get some cash for your transfers. He is to... Ordinary?

Cristian Sapunaru - I don't think he has the quality for Porto, sell him.

Youth prospects: Luis Rafael is talented boy, work with him and he can become solid LB.

Recomended signings: Sime Vrsaljko - buy him, make him your #1 RB. 'Nuff said.

DM/MC/AMC

Fernando - great young DM with good attributes for his position, should be your #1 DM if you use one.

Steven Defour - FM legend, should be your main MC player along Moutinho.

Souza - he is young boy with solid attributes, can be good backup for DM or MC players.

Joao Moutinho - he's legit.

Fredy Guarin - good backup for Defour and Moutinho.

Youth prospects: Tomas Podstawski has massive potential, one of the best products of Porto academy in years. Keep him, teach him.

Recomended signings: Kara, Marco Verratti - this part of the team is in the similiar position as CB, they have very good players and some good backups, but if you want some really good DM instead of Fernando, you can buy Kara, very cheap, very good. Also, young Verratti is cheap and he can be great backup for Defour and Moutinho and in the future he becomes world class playmaker. Also, I would like to point out that in January transfer window you get Danilo from Santos. He is captain of Brazil U20 side and very talented young player. Transfer is worth around 13m, wich tells you about his qualites.

WG

Silvestre Varela - he can play but do not expect anything out of this world from him. Solid backup for Hulk and James.

James Rodriguez - Columbian Messi.

Djalma - you may want to sell him but he just came to the club and I don't think he will leave that easily.

Christian Rodriguez - he is good, but I always sell him because James is better and Christian is fat and slow.

Hulk -

Youth prospects: Juan Iturbe is great talent.

Recomended signings: Franck Tabanou - he is good and very cheap considering his ability and potential. You may want to sell Christian and get this French gem.

ST

Kleber - talent with great potential, expect big things from him.

Walter - solid backup for Kleber but that's it really.

Youth prospects: Goncalo Paciencia looks solid. I never saw him develop to be good enough for Porto, but maybe it will be different with you guys.

Recomended signings: Jordan Ayew, Vaclav Kadlec - both are young and both have enormous potential. Personaly, I always go with Ayew, he has physical attributes like he is fusion of Batman and Wolverine and he has great work rate. He is cheap and will become world class player for your side.

Overall: Porto has great squad, the only position you may want to adress is right back, and that's it. It won't be bad if you don't sign anyone else, but if you want little bit more depth in your team, you can sign some of the players I sugested. Be sure to check on the players that are on loan, couple of boys are very talented (Kelvin, Aboulaye etc.). In the end, this team can achieve great things if you keep Hulk, Otamendi, James and Moutinho.

Why Porto?

In recent years, European football needed something new on the scene. Many got tired of same old ManU's, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan.. Everyone wanted some side that will bring something fresh. When Mourinho came with Porto, many thought that's it. Beautiful club with great history, incredible amount of talent and determination, Porto got everyones attention. Their business model, explosive style and electric talents made headlines. Also, whole Porto as sport organisation is amazing. Voleyball, table tennis, basketball, hockey, you name it, they are all under one roof, incredible family. So, if you want football club that knows what is good football, that knows how to develop and sell players making incredible profit along the way, club that made "The Special One" and his heir, don't look any further. Let's get physical.

a28625dfe1a610fd1802c49a129c_grande.jpg

FC Porto has one of the most complete teams in the game.

Hulk, James Rodriguez, Otamendi, Moutinho, Fernando and Defour are class players mainland.

Then there is young prospects that may achieve this status, such as Kelvin, Atsu, Iturbe and Podstawski.

• 2 weeks later...
FC Porto has one of the most complete teams in the game.

Hulk, James Rodriguez, Otamendi, Moutinho, Fernando and Defour are class players mainland.

Then there is young prospects that may achieve this status, such as Kelvin, Atsu, Iturbe and Podstawski.

They are all excellent and all still young players. The only thing I think they are lacking is a top striker since Falcao left. Maybe Hulk can be retrained to play there?

if anyone want to do more reading on Porto's transfer polecy, then have a look at this article, its well worth a read if you have the stamina

After reading that article (well, most of it) I'm now really interested in starting a Porto save. The idea of recycling players, selling top players for a massive profit and replace them with high potential cheap youngsters, is a kind of save I've never tried in FM before.

My first signings would probably be Luis Guilherme in goal and Romario for DR. And maybe a cheap Portugeese/South American striker to start up front? I was thinking Leandro Damiao but he's probably a bit too expensive for my liking.

They are all excellent and all still young players. The only thing I think they are lacking is a top striker since Falcao left. Maybe Hulk can be retrained to play there?

After reading that article (well, most of it) I'm now really interested in starting a Porto save. The idea of recycling players, selling top players for a massive profit and replace them with high potential cheap youngsters, is a kind of save I've never tried in FM before.

My first signings would probably be Luis Guilherme in goal and Romario for DR. And maybe a cheap Portugeese/South American striker to start up front? I was thinking Leandro Damiao but he's probably a bit too expensive for my liking.

Maybe Leandro from Gremio up front? Around 9M, dubbed to be the new Ronaldo.

Maybe Leandro from Gremio up front? Around 9M, dubbed to be the new Ronaldo.

Not a bad shout. The £9m release clause is quite a lot of money but he'll be worth maybe a triple that after a few years so it fits in with Porto's transfer policy. Is he good enough to command a first team place though? That's really what I was looking for.

Not a bad shout. The £9m release clause is quite a lot of money but he'll be worth maybe a triple that after a few years so it fits in with Porto's transfer policy. Is he good enough to command a first team place though? That's really what I was looking for.

I think that he would be perfect as a poacher with Moutinho and Rodriguez supporting him and Hulk as an IF from the right-wing. I'm actually interested in starting a save now...

Another option could be Wilfried. 2.5M release clause and he could be a perfect Target Man to bring Hulk and Rodriguez in to the game... His value would easily multiply 3x in 2-3 years. Another guy to buy and profit on is Kara (Centre-back/Defensive mid). Can be bought for 1M and sold for 20M in 3 or so years...

I think that he would be perfect as a poacher with Moutinho and Rodriguez supporting him and Hulk as an IF from the right-wing. I'm actually interested in starting a save now...

Another option could be Wilfried. 2.5M release clause and he could be a perfect Target Man to bring Hulk and Rodriguez in to the game... His value would easily multiply 3x in 2-3 years. Another guy to buy and profit on is Kara (Centre-back/Defensive mid). Can be bought for 1M and sold for 20M in 3 or so years...

I think if I can get Damiao for less than £15m (unlikely I know), I'll get him. Otherwise I'll look at other options like Leandro.

And I was thinking of sticking to a rigid Portugeese/South American transfer policy, but it would be hard to miss out on bargains like Wilfried and Kara...

I think if I can get Damiao for less than £15m (unlikely I know), I'll get him. Otherwise I'll look at other options like Leandro.

And I was thinking of sticking to a rigid Portugeese/South American transfer policy, but it would be hard to miss out on bargains like Wilfried and Kara...

Fair enough.

I had great fun with them in FM11. Falcao was one of my favourite players in that game, shame they sold him. I'm very tempted to start another save with them but I'm enjoying playing as PSG at the moment. The only thing that would concern me is the lack of Portuguese players. This was a problem in FM11 as well, but there are even less at the club now. Still great OP, Porto are a fun team to manage and very entertaining to watch!

Fair enough.

Yeah so Internacional want at least £46.5m for Damiao so I probably won't be getting him any time soon. And the other Leandro is rated 4.5* for potential by Porto's top scout at the start of my save. £9m doesn't look so expensive now in comparison.

And with Leandro, Kleber, Walter and Kelvin (next season) would probably one of the most talented young strikeforces in the world. It's quite tempting.

I had great fun with them in FM11. Falcao was one of my favourite players in that game, shame they sold him. I'm very tempted to start another save with them but I'm enjoying playing as PSG at the moment. The only thing that would concern me is the lack of Portuguese players. This was a problem in FM11 as well, but there are even less at the club now. Still great OP, Porto are a fun team to manage and very entertaining to watch!

Yeah, it's a shame about the lack of Portuguese players. That would be the one criticism of the squad in my opinion. There is Padawski (sp?) in the youth team and he looks a prospect. Also, the board will allow you to improve the youth facilities, so hopefully after a while the team should start producing some of its own talents, instead of just nicking them from Brazil ;)

Great OP. Looking to start a Porto save this evening, with a real focus on bringing more young Portuguese players through...

Yeah, bringing in some Portugeezers is a must. Only 4 in the first team squad is a bit of a joke for a top league team. And the only really promising Portuguese players in the youth team are Luis Rafael (DL/ML) and the very un-Portuguese sounding Tomas Podstawski.

To be fair, there is a complete dearth of young Portuguese talent in the game with the best prospect probably being the striker Nelson Oliveira, but as he plays for Benfica there is no way of getting him at the start. Basically any youngster who plays for Benfica is off-limits really. Of the other few youngsters the best bets are probably from Sporting Lisbon, with the two DCs Tobias Figueirido and Tiago Ilori. Luckily they are both available for less than £1m each so they are pretty much must buys for Porto.

Edit: Another decent young chap I've found is Bruma, an AMR who plays for Sporting too. He is technically Gambian but is eligible for Portugal too and on my save it says in his International happiness that he wishes to go with Portugal, so he could be another signing. Not interested in joining at the start though for me.

Also, at least Porto have more Portuguese players in the starting lineup compared to Benfica. Just reflects the lack of young talent in Portugal at the moment.

Great OP. Looking to start a Porto save this evening, with a real focus on bringing more young Portuguese players through...

Some tips on portuguese players:

MC/MD Tiago Gomes (+- 2.4M €) (1st XXI)

MD Miguel Veloso (1st XXI)

DL/DR Silvio (At. Madrid) (1st XXI)

AMR Vieirinha (1st XXI)

AMR/AML Pizzi

DL Antunes (cheap) (backup)

GK: Mario felgueiras (backup)

Nice Porto players:

André Castro - Porto

Sergio Oliveira - Porto

Cheers

P.S. never played with FCP cause my heart dont alow it :..(Benfica Forever!!!)

Indeed they did. Only first team player missing was Puyol!

Even more impressive. What's your tactic?

Some tips on portuguese players:

MC/MD Tiago Gomes (+- 2.4M €) (1st XXI)

MD Miguel Veloso (1st XXI)

DL/DR Silvio (At. Madrid) (1st XXI)

AMR Vieirinha (1st XXI)

AMR/AML Pizzi

DL Antunes (cheap) (backup)

GK: Mario felgueiras (backup)

Nice Porto players:

André Castro - Porto

Sergio Oliveira - Porto

Cheers

P.S. never played with FCP cause my heart dont alowe it :..(Benfica Forever!!!)

Thanks for the tips, Pizzi certainly looks like a decent buy, and should only cost a couple million. :thup:

£7M. Absolute bargain considering what he's brought to the team! Superb player, good utility man as well.

Nice, I've not seen what he looks like in the game but I've heard he's a good player. Did you not fancy Willian for a similar price?

And I've got Felipe Anderson as well as Danilo coming in January now. Bit of an unnecessary impulse buy, but he's gonna be a superstar one day, and I can always loan him out if I want to. Plus a can't resist a bargain like that, £5.5m.

On a side note, does anyone know whether the Danilo transfer is already paid for or does the money come out in January 2012? I hope it's been paid for already...

On a side note, does anyone know whether the Danilo transfer is already paid for or does the money come out in January 2012? I hope it's been paid for already...

just got to January, Danilo's transfer is not paid, i sold Defeour for 7mil to cover for the transfer of Danilo.

just got to January, Danilo's transfer is not paid, i sold Defeour for 7mil to cover for the transfer of Danilo.

Surprised by that but nice to know in advance! Have a Porto game planned & will look forward to seeing how Danilo & Alex Sandro fare after serving me so well for Santos in FM11. Like 'Mighty Shrimper' stated above, I will also only be signing Portuguese or South Americans. Has anybody tried Hulk as the central striker?

FINALLY beat the pile of assignments in front of me and kicked off my Porto save. Really strong team this year that should be able to mount a serious challenge in all competitions. Im going for a standard 4-2-3-1 build around J-Rod who i've seen play a few times and has mesmorised me!

As you can see, its structured around J-Rod as Trequarista who im placing the weight of expectation on. Do not under estimate Varela, I know people will look at his stats and not see any 16+ or what have you but he is consistent and he will score you goals from that wide position.

portoform.png

Im looking to play a slower, short passing game to allow me to beat some of the weaker teams in the League that will be more than happy to go all out defense against such a big club. But as mention its going to revolve around J-Rod in that AMC position who can hopefully be pinging the balls out to Hulk and Varela...

Transfers

Carlos Fierro - £1.2m. Young Mexican from Chivas, dont know alot about him, my scout picked him up - will join in 2012

Leandro - £9m. Continuing the S.American trend, will hopefully become buddies with Kleber. Whom are touted as the next Ronaldo and Adriano respectively.

Out went Belluschi and Sapunaru.

My Champions League group is pretty routine being drawn against Trabsonzpor, Marseille, and Zenit St. Hopefully that will be a matter of going through the motions. Watch this space.

**Update - Super Cup**

2012012500001.jpg

More luck than judgement I am sure. But im happy with the start. Dropping James and played Fernando DMC in a 4-3-2-1 and set him to mark Messi out of the game, completley stumped a full strength Barca (Minus Puyol)...

Hmmm... I probably shouldn't have bought Leandro and Felipe Anderson in that case. I assumed since it was already arranged at the start of the game it would have already been paid for or there might be some money tucked away somewhere to pay for it when the time comes.

Herbie2100, how much did you spend before Danilo signed? I've probably spent about £12-15m on players and staff, not including Danilo or Felipe Anderson. Really hope this doesn't mean I have sell my players or start again.

Edit: I've just remembered that I paid for Leandro over 48 months and that I might have done the same with Felipe Anderson. I should hopefully be alright then come January.

Vrsaljko, Guilherme, Kadlec, Sigurdsson brought in for a total of 16.75 million euros. Sold Hélton for 3.1 to Chelsea and Sapunaru to Swansea for 3.1m also.

Danilo, Romario, Adam Vass, Demirci, Fierro and Bertolacci all joining in 2012 (january & summer).

Top of the league, 30 goals in first 7 games in the league, 45 in 12 all comps.

Kadlec my top scorer with 14 in 12 and Gylfi Sigurdsson is my top assister: 10 games 5 goals 14 assists.

Loving Porto atm and will continue this game as long as it takes for me to win CL with my young side.

I started yesterday with a Porto game, I love it already. I have won 2-0 against Barcelona.

I have sold belluschi for 3 million to Udinese, sapunaru for 2.5 to stuttgart and Rodriguez for 3.5 million to PSG.

Only Sanogo has come in on a loan.

I have played 7 league games and won 6 and drew 1. I have 4 goals against and 32 for. Hulk has scored 21 goals in 7 leaguegames.

Not sure if the league is using real fixtures or not, I'm guessing not as it's not licensed? Anyway, it would seem that by chance I was given a whopper of a first game: Benfica away. Technically my hardest league game of the season on paper.

The game was ridiculously dull, with hardly any chances until the 71st minute when I brought on my new favourite player: Leandro (thanks to Anxiietyyy for recommending him). Within 3 minutes, he had last man Ezequiel Garay sent off for a slide tackle from behind. 3 minutes after that he opened the scoring. And then 7 minutes later he won the penalty that killed the game off. What a game changer! My assistant says he enjoys the big games and he certainly delivered the goods here. He'll definitely be starting ahead of Kleber against Barcelona.

SLBvFCPSplitView.png

Archived