King's Lynn Town: Rising from the Ashes

Johnny Drama

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Candidate Day

KingsLynnTownYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-3.png

Got a couple with potential who I will be keeping an eye on. Liam Clark was given top billng by my assistant Kyle Naughton and he seems to think he has the potential to be better than Troy Cockrill who has become one of my best players.

DuncanSmithOverview_Profile.png

LiamClarkOverview_Profile.png

We are still top with 10 games to go and at this point I am confident we go up unless we do a Newcastle under Kevin Keegan

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-11.png

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-12.png

Its pretty tight at the top for the run in, I can see us winning our home games but not sure if it will be enough for the title.

King's Lynn

Sheffield United (H)

Nottingham Forest (A)

Watford (H)

Norwich

Portsmouth (A)

Leeds (H)

Oldham (A)

Bristol City

Brighton (H)

MK Dons (A)

Wrexham (H)

One game left to go we are 2nd 3 points behind Norwich, Bristol City have gone off the boil and they are 2 points behind us.

I still have a chance to win the league Oldham take on Norwich in the last game and are in 22nd and have won their last 5 games and need to win to stay up. We also need a 4 goal swing. Actually this is quite far fetched... Here goes nothing

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-14.png

Oldham did their part of the script beating Norwich 2-1 we managed a 3-0 win at home to Watford I thought a four goal swing was going to be enough but it just levelled our goal difference and as they have scored more goals the title goes to them, can't believe we lost out on the title by a single goal. But on the positive side finally made it to the Premier League, this makes it a lot easier to reject the Juve job now.

2023/2024 Season Review

Premier League

Winners: Blackburn

ECL: Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd

Relegated: West Ham, Blackpool, Reading

Championship

Winners: Norwich

Promoted: King's Lynn, Nottingham Forest

Relegated: Fulham, Colchester, West Brom

League One

Winners: Leicester

Promoted: Shrewsbury, Burnley

Relegated: Plymouth, Walsall, Coventry, Crewe

League Two

Winners: York

Promoted: Hull, Northampton, St Albans

Relegated: Exeter, Barnet

BSP

Winners: Mickleover

Promoted: Cheltenham

Relegated: Aldershot, Telford, Nuneaton, Doncaster

BSN

Winners: Black County Rangers

Promoted: Hartlepool

Relegated: Carlisle, Corby, FC United

BSS

Winners: Dover

Promoted: Highmoor Ibis

Relegated: Dorcheser, Farnborough, Orpington

Promoted from Regional Prems: Canterbury, Crickdale, Welling, New Bradwell, Birtley, Droylsden

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Man City

Charity Shield: Chelsea

JPT: Bolton

FA Trophy: Sporting Khalsa

Champions League: Barcelona

Europa League: Man City

Euro Super Cup: Arsenal

World Club Cup: Arsenal

Also after Euro 2024 (which Holland won) I decided to jump back into Internatonal Management ab a few jobs become available including the England one but I decided not to apply for that as I want to save that for the end of my career after a 50/50 decision I rejected Turkey and plumped for

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-27.png

Transfers

Out

Graeme Norman £875,000 Derby

Joshua Molyneaux £1.4M Norwich

Hasan Aldemir £1.7M Hannover

Nicky Taylor Loan Rangers

Devid Novati Loan Sampdoria

Max McKenzie Free

Wayne Lapham Free

Lewis Smith Free

In

Mike Owen Free Bangor City

Tyrone Nasir £110,000 Newport County

Jamie Stevens Free Neuchatel Xamax

Danny Mitchell Free

Guillaume Lambert Free

Nathan Redmond Free

Lionel Wise Free

Dani Castillo Loan Man City

Jurgen de Bruin Loan Heerenveen

We have been very active in the transfer market this year and spent next to nothing, compensation for Nasir is the only time we have parted with a fee. We also bring back two former players Danny Mitchell we sold to Charlton when we were in League One and Jamie Stevens left us for Xamax but we managed to lure him back when his contract expired he will be my main striker this year. Redmond is also now our token "real player".

Most of the players I signed are back up or youngsters coming through, here is a screenshot of the four who will likely feature the most.

JamieStevensOverview_Profile-2-1.png

DannyMitchellOverview_Profile.png

LionelWiseOverview_Profile.png

NathanRedmondOverview_Profile.png

The new season is nearly here and looking at the other Premier League sides I would defintely settle for 17th now. Would love a cup run to. There has been delays on the stadium so I dont think we move in it till October at the earliest. Here is my squad

GK

1. Jorge Tavares

13. Max Sherwood

Defence

2. Troy Cockrill

3. Biriam Miriotti

5. Bienvenido Kote Lopez

6. Eifion Monument

12. Danny Mitchell

19. Jurgen de Bruin

21. Dani Castillo

23. Matty Sherwood

Midfield

4. Carl Thompson

7. Nicolaj Fiege

8. Mike Dyer

11. Regis Roux

14. Guillaume Lambert

15. Simon Sturgess

16. Rachidou Tossavi

20. Lionel Wise

22. Nathan Redmond

Attackers

9. Jamie Stevens

10. Lee Pendlebury

17. Liam Bremner

18. Mike Owen

24. Tyrone Nasir

Of the 5 strikers I think i'll only use the first three as I am hoping to send the two Welsh lads out on loan. I think this is how we will line up this year

Tavares

Cockrill Kote Lopez Monument Mariotti

Tossavi

Redmond Sturgess Roux

Dyer

Stevens

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Just sat and read all 218 posts as i have just started a career with AFC Rushden and Diamonds in the United Counties League (ok a small edit taking a club out and replacing with my club AFC R&D).

I set Rushden up exactly as King's Lynn are as the clubs seem similar so i was loving the rise you have had, hoping for the same with my save.

Gutted you cannot get any further and i feel your pain as a long term save i had previous would not pass 23/5/2028.

Fantastic job and dispite the early finish to the thread i certainly dont feel i wasted my time reading it. Congratulations! Top effort.

This is back thanks to the new patch it seems. I lost my save but found one beginning pre-season I holidayed past the troublesome date and it worked. I am no longer Russia manager and I have to redo my transfer activity but it seems only Lionel Wisehas signed for another team so I should (hopefully) still get all my targets.

Cheers guys, glad this is back on track!

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

I am happy so far and will continue to be as long as we are out of the bottom three. Before I get too excited there is still a long way to go and were just 4 points above the drop. We draw quite a lot and if we can convert a few of them to wins then we will be in with a great chance of keeping our heads above water. Nathan Redmond has proven to be a great buy on as he has chipped in with a few goals and created a fair few too, he was only signed to a one year deal but I have extended it based on his performances. Jamie Stevens in his second spell with the club has also upped his game and is our top scorer with 9 goals.

We crashed out of the league cup in the 3rd round, in the FA Cup we were drew with Conference high flyers Bedfont Sport I played a reserve side and it backfired as e drew 0-0, brought the big boys back for the second leg and we won 3-0. I have Mickleover in the 4th round they have come from nowhere and keep getting promoted and are now chasing a play off spot in League Two. I won't be taking any chances against them.

Our finances are very strong now as we are £21M in the clear and we are making money every month. Our wage bill is still quite low for a prem club as its only £147k p/w so that is hekping us with that. We took out a £15M loan to build the new stadium and hopefully we will be able to clear that now we've hit the big time.

Sitting 14th beginning of March, only won 6 games which tells you that rather than being good their is some abysmal sides. Still in the FA Cup got a quarter final match at home to Stoke, would love a Wembley run out. Up to £25M in the black, am hoping to update the facilities and I have already dipped my toes in the transfer market with a GK, CB and a AM all confirmed and I am looking at other options.

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Survived! Delighted with that since we only managed to pick up 3 points in our last seven games. I have already got people in on pre-contract agreements and with the players I got coming in I am hopeful we can achieve a similar feat next season.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-29-1.png

Now we are with the big boys we are doing excellent financially and tend to make £3m a month because of this I have got the board to update the facilities again and its costing a fair bit this time!

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-30.png

Also had Atletico Madrid sniffing after me but rejected them

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-28.png

Season Review

Prem

Winners Chelsea

ECL Places Man City, Blackburn, Arsenal

Relegated Norwich, Nott Forest, Leyton Orient

Championship

Winners Sheffield Wednesday

Promoted Blackpool, Sunderland

Relegated Wigan, Oldham, Shrewsbury

League One

Winners Colwyn Bay

Promoted Cambridge UP, Bolton

Relegated Fulham, Middlesbrough, St Albans, Oxford

League Two

Winners Rotherham

Promoted Swindon, Bradford

Relegated Accrington, Tamworth

Conference

Winners Hartlepool

Promoted Albion Sports

Relegated Ebbsfleet, Exeter, Burton, Kettering

BSN

Winners: Irlam

Promoted: Birtley

Relegated: Droylsden, Telford, Whitehaven

BSS

Winners: CB Hounslow

Promoted: Verwood

Relegated: Welling, New Bradwell, Cranfield

Promoted from Regional Premierships

Hampton & Richmond, CRC, Meridian, Merthyr Town, Midhurst, Newton Aycliffe

FA Cup: Liverpool

League Cup: Arsenal

JPT: Port Vale

FA Trophy: Irlam

Europa League: Sevilla

Champions League: Barcelona

Yeah loads have flown up the leagues, Mickleover had about 6 promotions on the bounce. Rochdale are down to level 7 and a lot of league 1-2 sides filling up conference and below.

I have sent one of my scouts to South America and theres about 6 players at Boca who I am now trying to get hold of. I could potentially put together a good squad for next season.

Archived