King's Lynn Town: Rising from the Ashes

Johnny Drama

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-14.png

We fell quite short of Chester in the end but this time managed to get up via the play offs at the second attempt. Corby who had a late run to make the play offs gave us a bit of trouble but we went through 3-2 on agg. I didn't want Colywn Bay in the final and was glad when Droylsden got past them. The final was very tight and it took us till extra time to break the dead lock when Rob Cox scored the winner. He was sensational all season I still can't believe a big club hasn't come in for him yet. Here is a screenie of the beast

RobCoxOverview_Attributes-2.png

I just missed out on this guy, Colwyn Bay gave him a trial but by the time I noticed he had already joined permanently, would of made a serious strike duo in the BSP

PeterStherOverview_Profile.png

I knew we wouldn't be able to hold onto him forever! Got £170k up front and then £40k a month for the next 18 months, we also get 200k once e has scored 20 league goals. The £40k a month will come in handy as I have increased our junior coaching again to excellent and it means we are spending 35k a month on our youth set up so we should hopeully turn a profit still for the next few years.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-8.png

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-6.png

KingsLynnHistory_BestEleven-4.png

In our best 11 sadly we have hada few players leve. Kyle McFadzean and Kenny O'Brien were on non=contacts and left to join other sides. Jim Geraghty has gone to Waterford and Cox is at Derby.

To replace them I have signed

Javan Vidal - Versatile player, primarily a right back but can play in midfield as well.

Simon Francis - New right back will compete with Vidal

Paul Pugh - Signed from some Welsh club for £28 compensation, promising centre half.

Ian Hooley - Will be Jack's partner at the back former Man City youngster.

Ovvind Engh - Norweigan striker, capped 28 times at U'21 level. Will be pinning a lot of my hopes on this guy.

Pantelis Kallimanis - Greek striker on a free from Worcester, will partner Engh up top.

My target for the season is to consolidate as I think anything else without Cox would be unrealistic

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-9.png

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-10.png

Normally I don't get too worried about these reports as from what i've seen before is that they generally keep you on. However I have never had anything live the second report, I cant believe the cheek of the guy to come to the game! If I get sacked here i'll dedicate my career to ruining DJ Campbell's

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-3.png

It was a tough year and for a while we were flirting with relegation but an amazing run saw us nearly pip Carlisle to the play off spots but we lost our last two games to Chester and AFC Wimbledon. Prior to these losses we went on a 14 match unbeaten run getting 32 out of a potential 42 points.

With ROb Cox gone I was worried as to where the goals would come from, Engh didn't have the best campaign scoring only 11 in all competitons but thankfully my scouts pointed me into the direction of Jamie Garrett who was our top scorer with 20 league goals. Other big players for us were Gus Jack who I have now tied down to the club till 2020, right back Simon Francis, left midfielder Rune Rasmussen and the versatile Javan Vidal.

We got to the 2nd round of the FA Cup crashing out in a replay to League One Mansfield and we went out in the third round of the FA Trophy away to Ebbsfleet. At the end of the season I let some players go who have been a bit part of theclu the last few years. Jake Inglis our occasional Canadian International was not given a new deal with the emergence of Rasmussen I couldn't justify giving him £500 a week. Joe Lennox who had been here for 5 years left as he just wasn't good enough anymore. Monday Awoyomi wanted £600 a week and that was far too much for someone who only scored 2 goals so his time has come aswell, he was a good player for us and his 86 league goals helped us get to the Conference.

I made a big thing about youth since joining the club consistently improving the facilities and junior coaching when finances have permitted. This year Ollie Whitbread was the star pupil 2* for CA and 5* potential I was dissapointed when he turned down my offer to join St Albans in the Conference South for £6k compensation rising to a potential £18k.

I have made my first signing of the summer as I forked out to bring in an ex-England international.

KieranRichardsonOverview_Profile.png

More good news came my way when we finally got a parent club, I am hoping to snag a few loan deals to try and get us into the football league.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-14.png

It was a bad year for Stevenage who found themselves relegated for the 3rd time and now drop into the Conference South. I think the league has got somehwat harder this year as Colwyn Bay have finally been promoted and they seem to have a good squad, Cambridge UP continue their dramatic rise from obscurity as their excellent youth set up and constantly selling out Histon's Glassworld stadium they must be in a good position with players and finances. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up. Other sides to watch are Chester, Carlisle, Torquay and maybe even St Neots who had a great end of season to escape relegation.

Elsewhere in the world of football Man Utd won the Premier League, Rob Cox's Derby were relegated from the Premier League alongside Swansea and Fulham. Cardiff, Newcastle and Birmingham will replace them in the Prem. Portsmouth's decline continues as they enter League One. Wrexham get promotion to the Championship alongside Burnley and Middlesbrugh as their rise continues while Peterborough head back to League Two. Brentford couldn't overcome a 10 point deduction and see themselves relegated to the Conference alongside Plymouth.

Man City do a domestic cup double, Leyton Orient pick up the JPT and Ebbsfleet my conquerers in the FA Trophy go on to win it. Barcelona pick up the Champions League and AC Milan the Europa League.

England under their seond coach since Capello's departure are in danger of not going to the World Cup in Russia. A terrible start for John Carver see's them 6 points off Serbia, Romania's poor away form could be their saving grace though.

2012 Euro's - Poland

2014 WC - France

2016 EUro's - France

Cheers, although they only have one player for loan and he doesn't want to join me. I also forgot to mention DJ Campbell got FC Halifax relegated from BSN.

I have been busy in the transfer window so far

Out

Simon Francis £250k Watford - Was a top player last year and Watford bid £50k and I asked for £250k and they surprisingly agreed.

Luke Thurlbourne £30k St Albans - Decent player but no longer needed.

Nicholas Barrett Free Scunthorpe - Barrett was out of contract, couldn't compete with their £1,200 p/w offer.

Pantelis Kallimanus £80k Spezia - I offered him out for £100k and this is the best I could get, delighted.

In

Elliot Hewitt Free - Replacement for Francis, probably of equal ability and soewhat younger.

Sebastien Williams £150k Askern Villa - My new star midfielder

SebastienWilliamsOverview_Profile.png

Rob Cox struggled at first to adapt to the Premier League, he ended up with 7 goals in 32 games. I will point out though he did play a fair few of these games as centre half. Derby were relegated and Everton did have a sniff around but thankfully didn't bid for him. I want him to stay there till he at least scores 20 goals so I get the final add on from the transfer. In the Championship he has failed to score in their first three games.

He has moved up to the England U'21 side where he has scored 5 goals in 7 matches.

Yeah I agree it is something I have tried to restrain myself from doing but I see him as the missing piece of the jigsaw. I have a good striker in Garrett, Jack is a top defender and Max Sherwood is a good stopper from my youth academy. With Turl anotheryouth graduate in the middle with Williams the central spine of thetime is quality. Add some creative players on the wings like Rasmussen and Richardson I feel I have a well balanced side that should push on for promotion.

Mid-Season Report

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-4.png

We have had a great start and sit comfortably in the play offs, it seems much like last year with Gateshead we could hav a run away winner in Ebbsfleet who are yet to be defeated at the half way. Engh has stepped up to the mantle now I am using him just as a striker and not as a wide man as he takes his tally to 17 in the BSP so far. We have been getting some good gates with a lot over 2,000. Our finances could take a turn for the worse soon though. We will receive our last cheque from the Rob Cox deal in January as the 18 months of 40k come to an end, however when he scores 6 more league goals we will net a six figure sum. My new star player Williams had been playing well but has been out the past month with a hip injury that will see him on the sidelines for a while yet.

The FA Cup has been kind to us with firstly a trip to Southern Prem side Bromley and then a home tie to Southport. In the 2nd Round we got League 2 Gillingham at home and a good 2-0 win saw us in the hat for te 3rd round. Hoping for a big draw we got Burnley away. Hoping for agood gate to boost the finances. In the FA Trophy we have Bury Town in the 2nd round which we should win.

The Key Players

Oyvind Engh - 17 goals in 23 games and 8 assists, has been a great partner to Garrett

Kieran Richardson - Has played everywhere from left back to behind the front man. Ever present and has scored 4 and got 7 assists.

Gus Jack - Promoted to vic-captain and has led the defence well. Has put in a string of strong performances.

With two games to go we drew away to Salisbury and then lost at home to Aldershot. With this we finished 3rd and it meant Cambridge UP in the semi finals they were in great form and beat us 2-1 in each leg. They then beat Colwyn Bay in the final to go up. With the league over we took on 2nd place Newport County, we eased to victory to win my first cup. We won £50k for winning the trophy but I as dissapointed that the final was played at Newport's ground. I was hoping for a day at Wembley.

We also got to cash in on all of the add ons from the Rob Cox deal so we now have over £1M in the bank.

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-6.png

NewportCovKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

how did the "expensive" player do hope he did well 4 u ;)

Didn't set the world alight. Played 34 games 1 goal and 4 assists and an average rating just under 7. I am hoping for more from him next season.

Crawley and Hartlepool relegated and they both look like handy sides and with the two Welsh clubs still there and a few other big clubs knocking around like Carlisle and Tranmere it could be a tough season.

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-7.png

It has been a perfect season so far, we have been extremely consistent in the league and have been a lot tighter at the back. Max Sherwood is now my number 1 he came through the youth ranks and spent some time on loan last year at Macclesfield in the BSN. Hooper is still here but out of contract, he want to triple his wages which I refuse to do for my now number 2. Gus Jack continues to boss the defence and has played near on 250 league games for the club but is attracting interest from SPL and Championship clubs so I fear this maybe his last season with us. Seb Williams has been consistent but isn't progressing as much as I like. Robbie Luisi who I picked up on a free after being released by Man Utd has made the right midfield role his own, he has also become our second full international picking up 4 caps for St Lucia so far. Engh and Garrett have shared in the goals up top with 3 between them. Kieran Richardson has been the star performer with a rating of 7.42.

We won our first round match against St Neots in our bid to retain the FA Trophy. The FA Cup saw us dispatch Weymouth and then league 2 sides Notts County and Barnet. In the 3rd round we have Sheff Wed away, they are in the Prem soI am hoping for a decent crowd as our finances are going down quickly now we are no longer receiving any money for the Cox transfer.

Speaking of Cox after being relegated with Derby he stayed with them and became top scorerin the Championship with 33 goals as they finished in the play offs and this year he has 16 in 23 games. Surely if they don't go up this year he will seal a move to the Prem.

Ill post up a RobCox shot at the end of the season for you, give you a full bio.

SheffWedvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

Just when I thought the season couldn't get any better, we hold out at Wednesday, we netted about 300k from the gate and with a sell out guarenteed at our place another 45k coming in

KingsLynnvSheffWedInformation_Overview.png

Penalty heartbreak for the Prem side! Just as impressive is Northwich Villa of the Northern Premier League knocking out Fulham 2-0. Our reward in te 4th round is Leyton Orient away. I reckon we could do them at home so hopefully we can take them to a replay and ope for a big club in the 5th round.

I couldnt believe it, especially wen we missed two in a row. Would of loved a better draw though this round. I was hoping for Derby at home to play against Cox.

honestly can't blame you for wanting that game against derby would truely be a great fm experience!! :eek:

any chance of an upload of this save ive been following this with a passion youve done extremely well. i had an hucknall town save on fm10 where i took em all the way to the prem. it felt brilliant when we got in prem i only live 500yards from the ground too!!!

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-8.png

What looked like a certain title has somehow turned into a three way fight. We have completely gone offthe boil in the league, we haven't won in our last six league matches picking up just 4 points. We are into the final of the FA Trophy again after overcoming FC United on penalties, in the final we take on Southern Prem side Buckingham Athletic.

We need to win our two games in hand to put us back on level on points, we have two big games coming up with St Neots (A) and Torquay (H) which will most likely decide whether we have anoter attempt at the play offs again. Hartlepool are already relegated and Joey Barton's first foray into management isn't going well as he has got Salisbury relegated, he should take a leaf out of his old pal Kevin Nolans book as he has Torquay looking like Champions. Carlisle are also on fire and would be right in the mix if they didn't go into administration earlier in the season.

Archived