[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lose to Liverpool 5-2, Draw swansea 1-1, lose to Stoke 3-0 ...

That's hardly constructive is it.

Which tactic, what team, what talks, who against, which formations again....did you call a team meeting after your first loss? If you didn't then you havn't listened to anything I've said throughout this thread...in which case mind the door.

That's hardly constructive is it.

Which tactic, what team, what talks, who against, which formations again....did you call a team meeting after your first loss? If you didn't then you havn't listened to anything I've said throughout this thread...in which case mind the door.

Fuss you still pay attention to posts like that? Please.. :p

Nope, just first 3 match.
Fuss you still pay attention to posts like that? Please.. :p
Haha how can they expect to win every game when you change a tactic with out giving it time to bed in

Hey FuSS and Hough, i've been trying your tactic with Brønshøj in the Danish 2nd tier, and it isn't really working out, so i'm writing a post hoping you can help me.

First of all, the tactic is fluid, and i've tried both V3 442 and Hough's changes for extended series of matches. The team is blended well. I have used the strategy for team talks suggested.

According to Genie, i have the third best team in the league, but i consistently underperform against similar opposition/opposition that is rated a little lower. I roll the teams that i am "supposed" to beat, but against the teams in the top half of the league, they usually outnumber me in shots/CCCs by 2-1. Some general problems i have is that my players foul their opponents way too much, that my opponents get chances through through-balls and that my players are too sloppy in possession. It looks almost like they aren't good enough to play such a high tempo, which is ridiculous as the tempo is set to really low.

Any suggestions for me, or does the tactic simply not work for lower league teams?

Thanks for uploading, i hope you can be of help.

This tactic makes the game boring if you use it properly. When fully fluid with a well-gelled team I was struggling to lose a game. It's 2018 in my game, my Legia team got promoted from CL group phase (5:0 home 4:2 away vs Milan, gg), where I met Barcelona. Who have a perfect stats regen striker as one-top. 2:1 away, 3:0 home, and my best striker was injured. Seriously the only reason I haven't won CL yet is because when I lose, its to either super keepers or mistakes from my (still quite average..) players. I like to think that my man management and smart transfer policy helped bring out the beast, but nevertheless, quality job Fuss. I'm off to try different formations now, let me know if you create something that isn't a flat 442 :)

EDIT: Ok I felt this tactic deserver to see me through the rest of the season. So here are some screenshots from season 2018/19, the last with this tactic.

Champions League final. Yes, I finally did it. After Barca I defeated Arsenal (3:0 home, 2:3 away), then Schalke in semis (2:0 home, 3:1 away). And then, this:

211s9pi.jpg

Btw if anyone is wondering, Legia is a club from Poland.

League table. For the first time I have decided NOT to holiday the remaining games after securing championship.

yjfvr.jpg

Player stats.

wbqet5.jpg

Notable non regen players from the winning team: Javier Orozco (all time mvp, club legend, captain, 75 goals scored in his best season), Aldo Corzo, Mehmet Ekici, Tomasz Kupisz, Wesley Said (bought from french Ligue 2 lmao).

This tactic makes the game boring if you use it properly. When fully fluid with a well-gelled team I was struggling to lose a game. It's 2018 in my game, my Legia team got promoted from CL group phase (5:0 home 4:2 away vs Milan, gg), where I met Barcelona. Who have a perfect stats regen striker as one-top. 2:1 away, 3:0 home, and my best striker was injured. Seriously the only reason I haven't won CL yet is because when I lose, its to either super keepers or mistakes from my (still quite average..) players. I like to think that my man management and smart transfer policy helped bring out the beast, but nevertheless, quality job Fuss. I'm off to try different formations now, let me know if you create something that isn't a flat 442 :)

EDIT: Ok I felt this tactic deserver to see me through the rest of the season. So here are some screenshots from season 2018/19, the last with this tactic.

Champions League final. Yes, I finally did it. After Barca I defeated Arsenal (3:0 home, 2:3 away), then Schalke in semis (2:0 home, 3:1 away). And then, this:

211s9pi.jpg

League table. For the first time I have decided NOT to holiday the remaining games after securing championship.

yjfvr.jpg

Player stats.

wbqet5.jpg

Notable non regen players from the winning team: Javier Orozco (all time mvp, club legend, captain, 75 goals scored in his best season), Aldo Corzo, Mehmet Ekici, Tomasz Kupisz, Wesley Said (bought from french Ligue 2 lmao).

Great stuff, those certainly aren't super players either, well done.

I don't think I'm making anything else, just finishing my FC united game, then I'll wait for a data update in August.

211s9pi.jpg

yjfvr.jpg

Player stats.

wbqet5.jpg

Are you using hough's tweaked version or the original v3?

Furthermore, do you use the reccommended OI and match prep (focus and workload)?

Original, but with strikers swapping with each other. I did use close down/tight marking OIs on single AMCs and single strikers, yes. As for match prep I just leave it to assistant. I think he puts it at defensive positioning most of the time.

Btw from those 121 goals, only 23 were from corners.

@Fuss or anybody intelligent.

How do you set up the OI when the opposition are playing 3 AMC's and a single striker (like man city) ?

Also, what do you do when playing a 433 with 3 strikers or a 433 with one striker an amr/l

HOUGH's TWEAK =

1 - Set both SC's to swap positions (* I don't like this)

2 - Set both DC's to 'Man Mark' (*I do this myself now)

I'd also suggest trying with a higher defensive line, 12-14 notches, if you are a big team.

Seen the OP so I have the answer to my second question. However, for the first...are you using OI on all AMC's when there are 3 in one formation, or do you just use OI on the central AMC.
I never use them and still had brilliant results

@Fuss or anybody intelligent.

How do you set up the OI when the opposition are playing 3 AMC's and a single striker (like man city) ?

Also, what do you do when playing a 433 with 3 strikers or a 433 with one striker an amr/l

Do not overdo it, if you're not careful with OIs it will backfire. I personally only use them on SINGLE AMCs and SINGLE strikers. Anything more than that would be too risky.

@up

Fuss, less chatty, more 41221! :D

Do not overdo it, if you're not careful with OIs it will backfire. I personally only use them on SINGLE AMCs and SINGLE strikers. Anything more than that would be too risky.

@up

Fuss, less chatty, more 41221! :D

i may already have done it..

• 2 weeks later...

not been around due to house move, fired up FM at the weekend with a new tactic - went 20 games without conceding :) new achievement for me, hope I can get the 30 before the new fm!

not been around due to house move, fired up FM at the weekend with a new tactic - went 20 games without conceding :) new achievement for me, hope I can get the 30 before the new fm!

will u be releasing this tactic? or isit just for your personal use ha

FuSS is it maybe 4-2-3-1 ?

I could not possibly admit to such a thing....

FCUnitedofManchesterTactics_Overview-1.png

Witchcraft??

Certainly a distinct possibility...

FCUnitedofManchesterFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

FCUnitedofManchesterFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

will u be releasing this tactic? or isit just for your personal use ha

I think it's only this good because I'm on season 9, most of my players have grown up together and with my style of tactics (I've still got one guy from the original non-league side!), plus at this point I've won the quadruple twice....so it's very much a tactic built to fit my team exactly.

After this season is over I may give it a bash elsewhere, but I doubt it'll be a good plug & play.

I have just accepted my first international post of the save - with Mexico, currently ranked 10th in the world.

Should give me a nice opportunity to test my tactic while finishing my FCU season.

So, now I'm happy with the formation and defence, it was time to try and increase the goal count. We simply weren't exerting enough overall pressure on the opposition and forcing them to buckle...

Enter the high pressure version of the above tactic...

CSKAMoscowvFCUnitedStats_MatchStats.png

Next job will be to establish where the defensive passing is going wrong...

I don't think many at all, the second striker that slotted them in in my old tactics is gone...so its an MC that tried to do it now, never works...something i need to look at actually.

So, now I'm happy with the formation and defence, it was time to try and increase the goal count. We simply weren't exerting enough overall pressure on the opposition and forcing them to buckle...

Enter the high pressure version of the above tactic...

CSKAMoscowvFCUnitedStats_MatchStats.png

Next job will be to establish where the defensive passing is going wrong...

should definately release this tactic for us :)

Insane tactic. Won treble with Aston Villa. League, FA Cup and the Premiership.

Sold Heskey and got Michael Owen on loan.(26 games, 16 goals), Bent scored 30 and Bannan, Delph, Albrighton was just sensational. Gabby scored a lot to but he got a 4 months injury.

At Janurary window I bought Armenteros. He was insane to lol.

Minimal fuss way to go!

Archived