SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - July Friendly - Argentina

argentinavjapaninformat.png

Another comfortable win for us as we enter the Copa America high in confidence. We played really well against Japan and deserved victory with them never really causing us any problems. My record in charge of Argentina now stands at played 7, won 6 and drawn 1.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2023/24 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:

Premier League: Challenge for the title

Champions League: Reach the Quater-Final

FA Cup: Reach the Semi-Final

League Cup: Not Important

Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations:

Premier League: We need to retain it, desperately.

Champions League: I am going all out to win it

FA Cup: Im putting my focuses elsewhere

League Cup: Same as FA Cup

Community Shield: We are playing Man Utd so we HAVE to win

Budgets:

Transfer: £166m

Wage: £2,719,600 (Currently spending £1,362,500)

Balance: 109,734,932 (+£7,786,652 since last season)

Key Player(s):

Fuska - Had him on loan the last 2 seasons and I finally decided to cough up £18.5m for him.

Sergio Diaz - Having sold Kyriakos Papadopoulos in the summer, Sergio is now my main centre half. I need him to lead from the back like he did last season.

Marcelo Chafer - Will most likely take over the captains armband over from Kyriakos.

Ivan Segovia - Had a good end to the season and has been brilliant for Argentina in my two friendlies so far. Will hopefully have a good Copa America and come back high in confidence.

Chris Ord - Its Chris Ord so he has to be here.

copaamerica.jpg

Copa America 2023

Group Stage

[b]Group A[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Pos | Inf | Team                   | Pld  |  W  |  D  |  L  | For  |  Ag  |  GD  |  Pts  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  1  |  Q  |  Peru                  |  3   |  2  |  1  |  0  |  6   |  1   |  +5  |  6    |
|  2  |  Q  |  Ecuador               |  3   |  1  |  2  |  0  |  4   |  2   |  +2  |  5    |
|  3  |  Q  |  Bolivia               |  3   |  1  |  1  |  1  |  4   |  4   |  0   |  4    |
|  4  |     |  Paraguay              |  3   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  2   |  9   |  -7  |  0    |

[b]Group B[/b]
| Pos | Inf | Team                   | Pld  |  W  |  D  |  L  | For  |  Ag  |  GD  |  Pts  |
|  1  |  Q  |  Mexico                |  3   |  3  |  0  |  0  |  10  |  3   |  +7  |   9   |
|  2  |  Q  |  Colombia              |  3   |  2  |  0  |  1  |  2   |  1   |  +1  |   6   |
|  3  |  Q  |  ARGENTINA             |  3   |  1  |  0  |  2  |  6   |  5   |  +1  |   3   |
|  4  |     |  Venezuela             |  3   |  0  |  0  |  3  |  0   |  10  | -10  |   0   |

[b]Group C[/b]
|  1  |  Q  |  Brazil                |  3   |  3  |  0  |  0  |  9   |  0   |  +9  |   9   |
|  2  |  Q  |  Chile                 |  3   |  2  |  0  |  1  |  8   |  1   |  +7  |   6   |
|  3  |     |  Uruguay               |  3   |  1  |  0  |  2  |  4   |  6   |  -2  |   3   |
|  4  |     |  Panama                |  3   |  0  |  0  |  3  |  0   |  14  | -14  |   0   |

Well we are pretty lucky to make our way through the group stages and only go through as one of the best third placed teams. We started with a 4-3 defeat to Mexico, but annoyingly found ourselves 3-0 up at half time and then I just dont know what went wrong but we could not handle the Mexican attack. I was shocked and that showed against Colombia. We had a man sent off early on and despite being the better side, they nicked a goal and took a 1-0 win. I thought we would be out so we just went out as normal and beat Venezuela 3-0, but thanks to Brazil thumping Uruguay 3-0, we went through to meet Peru in the Quater-Final.

Knockout Stage

copaamricaoverviewstage.png

So we have to settle for third place in the Copa America as its Mexico who lift the trophy for the second successive tournament. Im pretty disappointed with our peformance in the tournament, especially the group stage, as were the Argentinian FA, but they have decided to give me another chance and with the 2026 World Cup Qualifying due to start I have a pretty good opportunity to put this tournament behind us.

Well that was a fairly hopeless Copa America effort!

Yeah we were pretty shocking.

My bad,that's what happens when you multi-tab when trying to eat!

I will let you off I suppose.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2023/24 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

liverpoolfixturesfixturg.png

A decent pre-season for us with some nice wins over the likes of CSKA & Besiktas. We were outplayed by Real Madrid but that wasnt to important and we go into the season in pretty good fashion.

Community Shield

liverpoolfixturesfixturl.png

Following a 1-1 draw, we went to penalties and managed to win the shoot-out to lift the Community Shield.

I tried to cut down again on the transfer fee's to try and help the clubs running costs.

Scott Kironde - £3m - Brought in as a back-up only and will be able to add cover in a few positions.

Mauro Desabato - £2.8m - A young defender. One for the future.

Petru Neag - Loan - Brought in as cover for the full backs currently at the club.

Matteo D'Onofrio - Free - Youngster brought in and sent out on loan for experience.

Jonathan Del Olmo - £1.1m - As above.

Fuska - £18.5m - Had him on loan for the last two seasons and I finally decided to plump up the money for his signature.

Transfers - Out

Im pretty pleased with our sales this summer. It cuts a lot of costs at the club, and although Kyriakos will probably be a big miss, he was on £200k p/w and 32yo. I feel we got a good deal.

Poor Andy Lancaster. :(

Me selling him or having to go to Leverkusen?

He wanted to leave at the start of last season and he went on loan to Sunderland. He still wanted to leave at the start of this season, but I wish I kept hold of him for another year.

Hoping to get on my save tonight as well. Havent had much the last couple of days because of assignments etc, but I am free tonight so should be able to get a couple of updates up.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionov.png

A perfect start to the season for us which included beating one of the bigger sides in Chelsea on the opening day. Always nice to get off to a winning start and we had to battle for it, coming from 1-0 down to lead 3-1 and then conceding late on to give us a nervy finish. Against Wigan we were brilliant. It could, and should have been more. There were numerous occassions when the ball was played into the box and a player ran onto it, only for his shot to rebound off the goalkeeper. A bit annoying, but a 4-0 win done the trick.

I have been really impressed with the start to the season 16yo Gary O'Hanlon has made as well. Due to injuries I have been forced to play him in the first two league games as well as the Community Shield and he has put in some very mature displays for such a young person.

Or yeah, Chris Ord started alright I suppose :p.

He has Carragher's old number. Any likenesses? Nice going :thup:.

Haha. I dont it on purpose thinking that myself. Was hoping that an Englishman coming through the youth ranks, wearing number 23....Carra the second :p.

Well started reading this from the start at 10.00 this morning & just finished it! (well not straight thru obviously) Fantastic career mate, bet when you lost that first play-off game in Turkey you never thought the kop end would be singing your name!!

Keep up the good work :applause:

That's a tough Champions League group.

I can hear the song 'Sacked in the morning' already :D

The Kop wouldnt do a thing like that to me. Im in their hearts :p.

Well started reading this from the start at 10.00 this morning & just finished it! (well not straight thru obviously) Fantastic career mate, bet when you lost that first play-off game in Turkey you never thought the kop end would be singing your name!!

Keep up the good work :applause:

Glad you have enjoyed it mate :thup:.

I never expected at all to end up where I have really, especially in such a short space of time.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - September Friendlies- Argentina

argentinavcostaricainfo.png

A comfortable win for us as we put our Copa America shame behind us and got back to normal. A nice 4-0 over Costa Rica with striker Diego Cortizo stealing the show.

argentinavdrcongoinform.png

A big shock to our system. We supprisingly fell behind despite all the early running but soon pulled level. From then on it was just frustratin as we just couldnt breat them down and grab a winner.

Thats all our friendlies out the way now. Next month we start our qualifying campaign for the World Cup with a home game against Paraguay before we travel to Bolivia.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionow.png

Our fine start to the season continued throughout September and got underway with a great win over another of our title rivals Man City thanks to 2 scorchers from Dan Cousins and an injury time 3rd from Raheem Sterling. We dominated Villa in our next game but they scored an 82nd minute goal to even things up and take a share of the spoils. I was pretty pleased with our next 2 performances. Having gone a goal down against Spurs we came back in excellent fashion to thump them 5-1. This was followed up with a hard fought win over Swansea at the Liberty.

League Cup 3rd Round

A very solid win over Arsenal which really pleased me considering we had a few youngsters out there to gain experience. We wil face Championship side Crawley in the 4th Round.

September 2023 - Continued

europeanchampionscupove.png

A nice win over the Greek side to get our European campaign off to a great start. What pleased me most however is the manner which we took victory. We found ourselves man down whilst the score was still 0-0 but still managed to go on and grab a big win. Really pleased.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - October 2023 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

A perfect start to our qualifying campaign for the 2026 World Cup. Really pleased with our performances as well as we were in charge of both games. Couldnt have asked for a better start.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionos.png

A solid month for us as we remain top of the league and unbeaten, but we were pretty lucky to do so. We started with a very good win over Newcastle away from home. With things tied at the break I thought it was going to be a one goal game but we took over in the second half and came away with a comprehensive 3-0 win. We followed this up with a nice win at home to Blackpool before a trip to Upton Park. Our unbeaten run should have come to an end there because we were shocking but the fantastic Chris Ord saved us with an injury time goal to grab a point.

League Cup 4th Round

We really had to battle for victory over Crawley in what was a proper cup tie. We were probably the better team but they made it very difficult for us and it was a second half Rob Wilson that won it for us. We have been draw at home to QPR in the Quater-Final.

October 2023 - Continued

Champions League

europeanchampionscupovea.png

We continued our strong start to the Champions League. I was extremely pleased with the win in Portugal. We were fantastic on the night and deserved the big win. Inter gave us a bit more of a run for our money and took the lead at Anfield. They had the better of the first half but after I had a go at half time we came out better in the second and 2 goals from centre half Sergio Diaz grabbed us all 3 points.

Looking good so far :thup:

With regards to Wigan's start of the season,I'd be very disappointed if I was a West Ham fan,just the two goals against them :lol:

Cheers fella. Wigan have made a dreadful start to the season like, but they did pick up their first point of the season in their following game.

I found that very funny.
Holey Moley... Not only is that a bad start by Wigan, it looks like they get complete stage fright when their matches are Televised.

Nice demolition job on Sporting. Especially on their home turf!

Wow, that's a shocking start by Wigan :D

The Blackpool result is the worst of all for me.

I'm more surprised they're still in the Premier League!

This is their first season in the Premiership after quite a few years away.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - November 2023 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

We are still going strong in qualifying, but it could have obviously been better if we managed to beat Venezuela. We really should have put a few past them but they frustrated us infront of goal. We went to Brazil in the next match with me thinking that we could do with coming away with a draw, despite it being early in the qualifying process. We did better than that however!!! Brazil had the better of the play overall and had more chances, but I felt we deserved victory as they rarely troubled us. We showed our clinical streak and came away with a huge 3-2 win.

See if he lasts longer this time.

Roman is still in the sack if you fail stage so we will have to see. Paul Dickov took them to Champions League football last season and having not performed so far this season, he has been moved on.

I can just hear it now...

Generic Chelsea advisor: "Mr Abramovich, after our dismay collapse this season, I believe the answer to our problems is Paul Dickov. This a man of fine footballing pedigree having managed such fine clubs as Oldham Athletic!" :D

Archived