SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Bugger :lol:.

So this is why he's such a prolific striker. He's basically robbing you! Dude seriously, you pay about 50 million pounds to buy him and like that's not enough, he asks for 2 million after just 20 goals? I'd rather play with my youth team's striker lol and to be honest, for that amount of money you paid, he should have scored like at least 38 in the league and minimum 50 in total. See, a goal for a million pounds of transfer payment :p

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - April 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionot.png

A very tough month in terms of opponents for us and we continue to struggle against Man Utd. Much like the League Cup Final, we didnt turn up and they deserved their win. I knew going into the Arsenal game we really needed a result because Man Utd were right on our tails and boy did we get a result. A fantastic display from the lads ensured we left The Emirates with a massive 6-1 win and ensured that we would be playing Champions League football next term.

Just days after our FA Cup Semi-Final we played out a boring draw with Fulham as I made numerous changes to the side. Another trip to London rounded off the month as our tactics were spot on against Chelsea and our style of hitting them on the counter proved a treat as we won 2-0. So, we're nearly there. We have 5 games left including a game in hand over Man Utd and we have a pretty decent run in to. YNWA!!!!

April 2021 - Contunued

FA Cup

Finally we ended our Manchester United hoodoo with a well deserved 2-0 win, and in doing so reached the FA Cup Final (my 3rd in a row). Following their impressive extra time win, we have the task of beating Stoke in the Final to lift the famous trophy.

Europa League

A brilliant win over Fiorentina in the Quater-Finals, none more so than a fantastic display away from home set up an all British tie against Celtic in the Semi-Final. We dominated the first leg of the tie but just couldnt score. Their goalkeeper was awarded the MOTM award and we go to Park Head with every chance of making the Final.

Great thread mate. Quite detailed as well.

KUTGW!

Still going well mate :D

Grats on 500 games :thup:

Cheers lads.

So this is why he's such a prolific striker. He's basically robbing you! Dude seriously, you pay about 50 million pounds to buy him and like that's not enough, he asks for 2 million after just 20 goals? I'd rather play with my youth team's striker lol and to be honest, for that amount of money you paid, he should have scored like at least 38 in the league and minimum 50 in total. See, a goal for a million pounds of transfer payment :p

Or he is definitely taking a lot of money off us, but to be fair, without him we wouldnt have performed as well as we have. His all round play has been brilliant and he has been our main goal source. The number of chances we have created and missed without him in the side is so frustrating, and his 22 goals so far in the league have came in 28 starts, so he isnt doing to bad.

6-1 against Arsenal

:applause:

Was a brilliant performance!! Cheers.

facupbudweiser2.jpg

FA Cup Final

Road to Wembley

Liverpool

A pretty straight forward run for us to Wembley. We have played Premiership opposition in every round and our only real threat of being knocked out came at the Stadium of Light where Sunderland gave us a very good game. We finally beat Manchester United as we ensured yet another trip to Anfield South.

Stoke

stokecityfixturesfixtur.png

Stoke have had a much easier road to Wembley with their only Premiership tie being in the Semi-Final against Man City. They have required a few replays but made it to Wembley in pretty good fashion.

First Half

Both teams created early chances but failed to take them. Stoke had a very good chance after 12 minutes but Danny Welbeck shot straight at Ojeda to our relief. They continued to have the better of the first half but after 32 minutes, the ball fell to our captain Stevan Jovetic who blasted the ball in off the post from 20 yards out as the Liverpool end (and bench) went wild. Stoke looked stunned as we began to take control and 10 minutes later our tallisman Chris Ord broke free to fire home to give us a 2-0 lead. Straight off kick-off, we won the ball back and Ord took on 3 men before blasting in from 14 yards out as we were in dream land going into the interval. Half Time 3-0.

Second Half

We came out for the second half in good spirit. At 3-0 we were in control and played really well going into the interval. We kept things the same as Stoke tried to find a way back into the game but it was all over when after 57 minutes, Jovetic stroked the ball home from close range to give us a brilliant 4-0 lead. At that point I knew it was over as our fans were bouncing. Ojeda scored an own goal after 68 minutes, but thats as close as it came in a dull second half, but thats not suprising considering the score line. Full Time 4-1.

liverpoolvstokeinformat.png

Summary

What is it with me and the FA CUp? That is three FA Cup crowns in a row for me as a Manager having won two in a row with Aston Villa and now one with Liverpool. In doing so we have won 4-1, 8-0 and 4-1. Really pleased to put the defeat to Man Utd in the League Cup behind us as we lift the first trophy under the Longstaff regime.

Well done on the fa cup win. Could you be Mr FA Cup?

FA Cup should be my middle name....s ;).

Excellent cup run! Surely, you'll be adding the Premier League trophy to that soon? :D

You will see in a May update ;).

Chris Ord has scored 34 goals so far this season in all competitions, levelling Luis Suarez's record in the 2nd last game of the season...............and then gets injured :mad:.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - May 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoy.png

We've done it :D. We didnt even have to do it ourselves as following a 0-0 draw with Fulham we clinched the title, much to the delight of our fans, board and a certain King. I rested numerous players for the Villa game as it was directly before the FA Cup Final but I wasnt bothered. Excellent wins over Swansea & Everton followed before we conceded a last minute goal against Blackburn but we are CHAMPIONS!!!!

May 2021 - Continued

FA Cup

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

Another FA Cup triumph for me as a Manager and Liverpool's first since 2014.

Europa League

So we're into the Europa League Final following a hard fought win over Celtic. It took extra time, but David Alaba bundled a shot home to clinch a 1-0 win where we will face Real Betis in the Final.

europaleaguei.jpg

Final

liverpoolvbetisinformat.png

So a disappointing end to our European adventure as we lost to Betis who win their 2nd title in 3 years. Chris Ord should have scored within the opening minute but blazed over from 6 yards. We never really created any clear cut chances but Im still pleased to have achieved what we have this season.

Awesome work winning the league man. Shame you lost out in the Europa league final.

Cheers mate. Its been such a long season and I feel like I have been updating forever :lol:. Looking forward to getting the end of season update out the way so I can go through FM without actually doing anything for a few month of the game.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - Liverpool FC

Premier League - Results 1 - Results 2 (1st - CHAMPIONS)

An unbelievable season which still has be delighted. We were the front runners for much of the season and deserved our title. Man Utd were our bogey side, doing the double over us, but it wasnt enough to stop us being crowned Champions. We kept up a good lead at the top all season pretty much so it didnt come as a suprise when we lifted the trophy in May.

FA Cup (Winners)

Another FA Cup for myself as a Manager, making it 3 in a row for me. We lifted the trophy with an impressive win over Stoke.

League Cup (Runners-Up)

A good run to the Final, but we didnt show up and lost on penalties to Man Utd.

Europa League (Runners-Up)

We breezed through the group stages in impressive fashion and continued our form into the knockout stages. We marched our way to the Final without conceding before losing 1-0 to Real Betis.

Transfers - Finances

A mass amount of transfer activity this season but it was needed. There were a lot of overpaid and old players (still are to) who needed moving on and I replaced them with young, hungry players who all played their part in a fantastic season.

The finances changed a lot. We were losing around £10m a month but thanks to lots of high wages and also paying off monthly installments it was bound to happen. Still, they are healthy and our sponsers means we bring in around £60m each year.

Squad

We had a very good squad this season and everyone performed to such a high standard. As mentioned, there are still a lot of older, overpaid players who need to be moved on and that is my aim during the off season.

My Top 3 Players

Christopher Ord - The big money man didnt disappoint. An impressive goal tally from him as well as impressive general all round play.

Steven Jovetic - Our captain proved a valuable asset. It might be his last season due to his high wages and also the face that he handed in a transfer request due to Dzagoev's departure.

Nicolas Otamendi - At 32/33yo over the season, I was really considering cashing in, but what a season he had. 7 league goals and the general at the back. Key asset.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2011/12 | Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A | Turkey | 5th | Play-Off Quater Finalists |
| 2012/13 | Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A | Turkey | 3rd | Play-Off Semi Finalists |
| 2013/14 | Darlington | Blue Square Premier | England | 4th | Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up, |
Appointed in October |
| 2014/15 | Darlington | Blue Square Premier | England | 2nd | Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up |
| 2015/16 | Darlington | League Two | England | 3rd | Promoted |
| 2016/17 | Darlington | League One | England | 5th | Promoted via Play-Offs |
| 2017/18 | Blackpool | Championship | England | 3rd | Promoted via Play-Off's |
| 2018/19 | Blackpool | Premier League | England | - | Resigned in November |
| 2018/19 | Aston Villa | Premier League | England | 10th | Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners |
| 2019/20 | Aston Villa | Premier League | England | 4th | FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up, |
Champions League Qualification |
| 2020/21 | Liverpool | Premier League | England | 1st | Premier League & FA Cup Winners |
League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up |[/Code]

[size=3][b]Next Season?[/b][/size]

Well that was Liverpool's 20th league title. Man Utd have 25. I think I have set myself a challenge.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
| 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
| 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
| 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
| 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
| 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
| 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
| 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |[/Code]

Just missed out on the Play-Off's but they were battling relegation for much of it. Poor season.
[size=3][b]Darlington FC[/b][/size]
[Code]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
| 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
| 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
| 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |[/Code]

An excellent season for Darlo and they will once again be playing Championship football.
[size=3][b]Blackpool FC[/b][/size]
[Code]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
| 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
| 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |[/Code]

Another of my former clubs promoted. Great season for Blackpool.
[size=3][b]Aston Villa[/b][/size]
[Code]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |

They fell away in the latter part of the season, but still a pretty good one for their first season under Alan Shearer.

A Look Around The World

Here I will post the winners of the major competitions in and around the World. Any others, just ask and I can update for you!!!

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City

2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool

2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd

2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal

2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City

2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool

2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea

2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool

2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland

2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton

2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool

2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich

2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham

2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley

2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea

2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal

2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester

2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea

2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading

2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom

2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea

2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa

2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool

2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City

2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City

2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich

2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa

2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club

2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal

2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona

2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia

2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid

2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid

2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid

2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga

2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid

2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke

2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke

2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich

2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke

2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen

2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen

2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund

2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund

2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim

2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio

2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli

2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus

2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria

2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo

2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina

2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus

2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina

2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan

2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille

2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux

2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens

2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille

2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens

2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon

2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd

2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona

2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool

2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona

2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid

2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid

2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich

2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal

2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona

2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan

2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto

2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli

2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich

2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa

2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma

2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon

2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham

2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea

2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil

2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland

2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France

2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium

After reading this thread it is making me think about switching to monthly updates, it seems better to get into someone else's game through monthly updates.

Likewise, the one thing keeping me from doing it, is that I did it in another forum a few years back and it felt like it took AGES to progress in the game. I'd rather play 6 months in a go then waste 2 hours writing a massive update, than play-write-screenshots-play-write-screenshots. But I might try it for a season to see if I like it now, it definitely makes for a more interactive, closer reading.

So I finally caught up by reading the last 3 pages. SUPERB 8-0 win on that FA Cup final last year. :eek: I don't fancy Liverpool but looks like you're doing a quality job with them too, surely laying the foundations to conquer Europe within the next few years (if not next season already). I'm amazed Ord performed that well, quite frankly he looked nowhere near 55M£-worth when I saw the screenie of his profile.

So I finally caught up by reading the last 3 pages. SUPERB 8-0 win on that FA Cup final last year. :eek: I don't fancy Liverpool but looks like you're doing a quality job with them too, surely laying the foundations to conquer Europe within the next few years (if not next season already). I'm amazed Ord performed that well, quite frankly he looked nowhere near 55M£-worth when I saw the screenie of his profile.

I dont think we are ready to win the Champions League just yet, but I think we may do a Benitez style Liverpool and perform very well in Europe. We were fantastic in the Europa League really and I was probably modest in the fact that I was quite annoyed that we didnt beat Betis in the Final because we dominated the whole competition.

I honestly dont believe Ord is worth £55m myself, but you know what the market is like for English players. The club lacked them badly, or especially lacked quality ones at that so I had to spend the money to bring them in. He performed fantastic. His pace alone gets him into the positions to score goals. That alone makes him worth at least £20m because the positions he gets himself into by taking on 3 or 4 players or just breaking the offside trap was just scary. He also has the finishing to back it up so I wasnt that bothered about spending it.

Im having to massively change the squad as well. When I joined there were a lot of players in the 30+ age bracket on massively high wages. I got rid of as many as I could without to much change by keeping the likes of Dzagoev and Jovetic but they were still sitting on huge wages and at their age I didnt think they were worth it. Probably played a massive part in me selling Dzagoev as well as getting £19m I think it was. Also, I have sold Jovetic (SPOLIER ;)) in pre-season to further save on wages and hope to bring in quite a few younger players on less wages.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:

Premier League: Title Challenge

Champions League: Reach the Quater-Finals

FA Cup: Reach the Final

League Cup: Not Important

Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations:

Premier League: Title Challenge

Champions League: Quater-Finals

FA Cup: Can I do 4 in a row as a Manager?

League Cup: Not bothered

Community Shield: We are playing Man Utd so we HAVE to win it

Budgets:

Transfer: £123m

Wage: £2,449,939 (Currently spending £1,327,987)

Balance: £104,977,373 (-£13,240,350 since last season)

Key Player(s):

Kyriakos Papadopolous - The clubs new captain so has a big responsibility on his shoulders now.

Stjepan Anicic - Had a fantastic debut season, but now has Jack Robinson to keep out the team after he rejected a deal to join Sunderland.

Hernan Ojeda - Another who had a brilliant season. Will have to replicate it if we are to have another season like last.

Christopher Ord - The main man last season and will be this season hopefully.

Good luck this season SRL :thup:

Cheers HC.

Loving the look of Kyriakos Papadopolous, sorry to pressure you but my expectation is a title win not challenge.(I'm sure this is where most people put some sort of smilie thingy)

I will aim to match your ambition for me ha.

Great opening season with Liverpool. Pity it's with them though!!!

I personally don't like spending thuge sums such as you did on Ord, but he really justified it. If you're hoping to go past United 25 titles then he'll be crucial to your plans.

Good luck in the coming season.

I personally don't like spending thuge sums such as you did on Ord, but he really justified it. If you're hoping to go past United 25 titles then he'll be crucial to your plans.

Loving the reasoning behind the community shield, I agree completely.

Is Papadopolous usually played at centre-back and if so is his partner good in the air? Because that seems to be just about the only weakness he has. Thinking about that, is Coates still about? Cos if there is one thing big Seb is good at...

Oh yeah, congrats on a great career so far and please, please get us back on our perch!

Cheers for the comments guys :thup:.

He has been fantastic so far. Its not just his goal ratio that impresses me, its his all round play. He links up brilliantly with team mates.

Excellent season last year, good luck repeating the success and hunting down Man Utd's record!

Cheers Snake.

Loving the reasoning behind the community shield, I agree completely.

Is Papadopolous usually played at centre-back and if so is his partner good in the air? Because that seems to be just about the only weakness he has. Thinking about that, is Coates still about? Cos if there is one thing big Seb is good at...

Oh yeah, congrats on a great career so far and please, please get us back on our perch!

Last season I used him as an anchor man in midfield, but this season I have pushed him back to CB where he plays alongside Nicolas Otamendi. Coates joined Palermo in 2018/19 and his stats have massively declined.

Fantastic season, nearly a clean sweep too. Keep on filling Anfield's trophy cabinet :D

Cheers mate :D.

Good luck on the new season :D looking forward to see how your new captain does as a Captain this year

He should do well. High influence and about the right age as well. I have taken the vice captains armband off Pepe Reina as well. He is 38, 39 by the end of the season and although I wont be playing him, I have got him to become a Goalkeeping Coach so I will offer him a contract as a coach at the end of the season.

Was hoping to play last night, but I left my laptop at work :lol:. Girlfriend is going out tonight though so I will have a few hours on it tonight :cool:.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2021/22 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

liverpoolfixturesfixtura.png

A pretty solid pre-season with some nice wins in there over sides such as Real Madrid & Malaga. Just the one blip (draw) away to Genk but overall, a good pre-season under our belts results in confidence being pretty high going into the season.

Community Shield

liverpoolfixturesfixturt.png

A great way to kick off the campaign by picking up from where we left off last season. A tense encounter which could have gone either way, but Rob Wilson grabbed the only goal of the game as we won 1-0.

Some expensive buys again during the transfer window to revamp our squad for the season. Lets have a look at the individuals:

Eder Jair Herrera - £19.5m - Splashed big money on this guy but I really wanted a winger who can knock a ball past an oppenent and just whip crosses in and he fits the bill.

Augusto - £29m - The big money signing of the window, but with Vidal and a couple of others also leaving I felt we needed a ball-winner in the middle of the park. Money well spent in my eyes.

Gilvan - £12m - A player I signed for Aston Villa so I know his qualities, and he was a lot younger then. Improved quite a bit and still no where near his full potential.

Matias Ruiz Diaz - Loan - Signed as a back-up only. I would like to use Jack Robinson as my main back-up because he rejected Sunderland, but he still wants to leave and is twisting. I dont want anyone like that in my first team.

Fuska - Loan - A player I have tracked for some time now. Glad to have brought him in, even if just on loan. If he impresses, I might stump up the high fee that is demanded.

Yonatan Tal - £75k - A one for the future. Might try and give him a few cup games to see how he does.

Ivan Segovia - £12.5m - Another player with loads of potential. If he settles in England he could be fantastic.

Michael Zemanek - £2.7m - Just 17yo and not even in the yellow star ratings yet. If he is developed properly he could be a beast.

Transfers - Out

Quite pleased with the money we brought into the club. Im slowly getting rid of the old guard when they still have value to their names and also getting rid of a lot of players who I dont think are good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

europeanchampionscupove.png

A pretty tough draw which will depend on the away ties against PSG & Malaga I think. We beat Malaga in pre-season at home so I know we can beat them, but playing in Spain is a different kettle of fish. Could have been worse I suppose as I could have drawn the mega-rich At.Madrid or Palermo.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August/September 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoa.png

You know what, Im pretty pissed off actually. All that effort in the opening 5 games to not concede and score so many goals we then let it all slip with a shocking performance against Man City to hand us not only our first defeat of the season, but also the first goal we condeded as well. Really annoyed with that!!! Prior to that however we were fantastic. The number of goals we scored was fantastic a we ripped defences apart. A fantastic start to the season which would have been so much better without one result.

League Cup

A comfortable win to kick off our League Cup campaign as we try to wipe out the defeat to Man Utd in last seasons Final. We will face Coventry in the next round.

August/September 2021 - Continued

europeanchampionscupoveq.png

A brilliant start to the Champions League for us. I was expecting victory over Salzburg but the win in Malaga really pleased me. It came just after the defeat to Man City, but we didnt let that effect us as we had a tough battle in Spain but managed to come away with a vital 1-0 win.

Archived