FM12: FC Bayern München - Mission Munich 2012

The season of 2016/17 will be my 2nd season at Bayern. Anyway, I have a question. I just activated the German Third Division and my U23's will be participating in it. What happens if I register my entire squad for the Third Division? Will my first team players be selected by my Assistant Manager, or only the ones I make available for the U23s?

Not a good option though to do too much. If there are more than three players in your first team squad who played for the U23/reserves you will not be allowed to register all of them.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined Bayern mid way through the third season from PSG. During the fourth season I won the Champions League, knocking out Barcelona which I was pretty pleased with. Question though, I've been playing Alaba as a AML yet irl he seems to be played mostly as a left back, at least recently, which have you guys found to be his best position?

Yeah I tend to get the best of out of him as a left-winger as well. His preferred position is as a CM of course and he has the PPM Dictates Tempo (might just be on my game) so I use him as my backup DLP for Kroos and Schweinsteiger but he doesn't tend to get much of a run there.

Just started my second season with Bayern, won 9 out of 10 so far in the league and I'm already 8 points clear of second! Bit disappointed with the challenge from Dortmund so far, and I spanked Stuttgart 5-2 in my most recent game so they are down in 4th or 5th. Furth are in second but aren't very good so I'm comfortably clear already.

My only major pre-season signing was Georgino Wijnadulm, with Oscar Cardozo coming in as backup for the increasingly erratic Gomez (4 goals and 9.7 rating one game...rubbish and 5.3 rating the next...). Got the GK from Gladbach, (ten Stegan I think it is) to provide competition and good backup for Neuer and other than that all youth prospects.

Trying to get rid of Ribery as his legs are gone and he's on 165,000 a week! No takers, funnily enough... Must get some screenshots up.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold Robben for 20 mil to Man City after my third season (he wanted a bit of wage compensation though), but Ribery saw no takers and in the end I just bought him out of his contract for 5 mil. He ended up and PSG and his attributes have fallen down hard. Robben has declined too at Man City, the injuries probably don't help. The two don't age nearly as well as Schweinsteiger and Lahm.

Fans are going to hate you though.

New save with Bayern, brought in samba and van der wiel to help at the back, and sold van buyten due to age, anyone recomend any decent young cover's for robben/ribery that can perform as a starting 11 in a couple of seasons? Only 4 games so far but will keep updated :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks =Hendo=, i think ill buy him next season, i've practically finished my first season, 32 games played with 28 wins and only 4 draws, already won the bundesliga but hopefully can go the whole season without a defeat

In the final of the german against freiburg, so that will be another trophy

Andddd in the semi final of the champions league against barcelona, having lost the away leg 2-1 i think i still have a chance to go into the final :D

I think i had something similar to you, getting something like 5000 seats put in but then i forgot to save, and i doubt the board will do that again haha What season budget did you get after the first season?

£35.85m, I didn't use all of the transfer money available to me in the first season, don't know if that have any influence on that. Paid out some £20m to the shareholders

Finished my first season as Bayern Munich manager winning the treble (League, cup + CL)

Trying to keep the squad as German speaking as possible but still adding to the quality at the club

-----

Players in (summer):

Dede - Vasco - £16.5m

Höwedes - Schalke - £38.5m

Baines - Everton - £17.75m

Bender (Lars) - Leverkusen - £8.5m

Welbeck - Man U -Loan

Players in (winter):

Fernando - Porto - £975k

de jong - Man C - £8.75m

Hummels - Dortmund - £44.5m

Benitez - America - £8m

Players out:

Contento - Betis - £3m

Pranjic -Inter - £8.25m

Badstubber - Porto - £14.75m

Robben - Arsenal - £28.5m

Luiz Gustavo - Inter - £9.75m

Rafinha - Inter - £6.25m

-----

Players in (summer):

Schieber - Stuttgart - Free (for the U23/backup)

Shaqiri - Basel - £10.5m - will be move on as I don't use wingers (transfer arranged irl)

Sanogo - Auxerre - Free (for the U23/backup)

Højbjerg - Brøndby - have been released again (transfer arranged irl)

5 German newgens (with 3 with 3½+ star potential and 2 with 4 star potential)

Also had a German 4 star newgen goalkeeper promoted from my youth system

1 Dutch newgen (with 4 star potential)

1 Turkish newgen (with 4 star potential

1 French newgen (with 4 star potential

Savic - Man C - Loan

Bendtner - Arseanl - Loan

Ziegler - Juve - £2.7m

Adler - Leverkusen - Free

Romario - victoria - £1.8m

(transfers arranged for a Uruguayan 3½ newgen and a Portuguese 3½ newgen)

Had a £40m+ offer turned down for Khadira and a £80m offer for Özil turned down

Players out:

Ribery - Chelsea - £14m

Jennings - N.Forrest - £1.1m

Petersen - Frankfurt - £2.3

Vastic .- Hertha - £625k

Breno-Tymo-Olic-Van Buyten and other released

(Boateng arranged for a winter transfer)

-----

Don't use wingers so there was no room for Robben or Ribery + they were on huge wages + they tend to get injured a far bit, so off with them (know that the Ribery transfer were a bit low, but it was the only one for him)

Badstubber isn't good enough in the air to take a place in central defence, so he had to go

Boateng isn't good enough in the air to take a place in central defence, + poor workrate and determination made him 2nd choice for RB after Lahm. Real came in with a low offer for Romario (whom I had short listed) so matched that to bring him in as extra backup, a month after Boateng became unhappy, and off he will be when the transfer window opens again

Team as it stands

GK) Neuer-Adler

DR) Lahm-Romario

DL) Baines-Ziegler

DC) Hummels-Savic

DC) Höwedes-Dede

DM) de jong-Bender

DM) Fernando-Can/newgen

MC) Schweinsteiger/Alaba

FC) Müller-Bendtner

FC) Gomez-Benitez

FC) Kroos-Shaqiri/newgen

Retraining Kroos to FC to make room for him in the tactic

after starting a new game i started unemployed, after a year of looking for a job i turned down, stoke, villa etc bayern offered me the jon july 2012 and i had to accept, my team is

GK: neuer/ adler

RB: rafinha/ boateng

CB: badstuber/ vorsah

CB:boateng/ marcellis

LB: lahm/ contento

DM: gustavo/ can/ schmiedebach

CM: schweinsteiger

AMR: robben/ shaqiri

AMC: Kroos/ muller

AML: ribery/ alaba

ST: gomez/ sigborsson

i had to get rid of dead wood in the coaching staff but now i need backup's for Schweinsteiger in cm deep lying playmaker and good young AMR/L to take over robbin and ribery when they get old and injured any tips?

after starting a new game i started unemployed, after a year of looking for a job i turned down, stoke, villa etc bayern offered me the jon july 2012 and i had to accept, my team is

GK: neuer/ adler

RB: rafinha/ boateng

CB: badstuber/ vorsah

CB:boateng/ marcellis

LB: lahm/ contento

DM: gustavo/ can/ schmiedebach

CM: schweinsteiger

AMR: robben/ shaqiri

AMC: Kroos/ muller

AML: ribery/ alaba

ST: gomez/ sigborsson

i had to get rid of dead wood in the coaching staff but now i need backup's for Schweinsteiger in cm deep lying playmaker and good young AMR/L to take over robbin and ribery when they get old and injured any tips?

So I take it that you started with a big rep then. Good luck on your save!

yeah international footballer, and irish, surprised by bayern offering me the job should be fun lots of cash might see what i can win in the first few seasons then quit to manage lower down in germany first ever save in garmany and been playing football manager games for 10 years

I have never tried a save with the German teams before and I was thinking of giving bayern a try. What I was wondering is, is the German league a balanced league or is it easy to win with Bayern or Dortmund? I was hoping that it is a tough league to dominate.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

I have Gomez as a target man attack, scored 18 goals in 21 games first season but injury near the end of the season ended his form, he's rated 3 stars by my assistant so i was wondering whether to sell him or not?

Basically my first season transfers in were all over 48 months

Transfers in:

Branescu from Juventus- £875k

Samba from Blackburn- £19m

van der Wiel from Ajax- £12.5m

Nelson Oliveria from SLB- £4.5m

Leandro from Gremio- £9.25m

Transfers out:

Van Buyten to Juventus- £1.3m

Pranjic to PSG- £12m

Riedmuller to Kaiserslautern- £400k

No loans in at all, 5 loans out altogether

Summer:

Pryor to Burghausen

Schwarz to Regensburg

Jullich to Sandhausen

Winter:

Branescu to Bielefield

Jennings to Bolton

My best 11 for the first season played a 4 1 1 3 1

Gk-Neuer- 50 games

DR-van der Wiel- 31 games

DC-Samba- 38 games

DC-Breno- 22 games

DL-Contento- 19 games

DM-Emre Can- 13 games

MC-Schweinsteiger- 31 games

AML-Alaba- 33 games

AMC-Muller- 42 games

AMR-Robben- 39 games

STR-Olic- 31 games

Post my actual 2nd season first team after i finish the transfer window, lets just say sold one of the bayern superstars and quite happy about it :D

Finished my first season as Bayern Munich manager winning the treble (League, cup + CL)

Trying to keep the squad as German speaking as possible but still adding to the quality at the club

-----

Players in (summer):

Dede - Vasco - £16.5m

Höwedes - Schalke - £38.5m

Baines - Everton - £17.75m

Bender (Lars) - Leverkusen - £8.5m

Welbeck - Man U -Loan

Players in (winter):

Fernando - Porto - £975k

de jong - Man C - £8.75m

Hummels - Dortmund - £44.5m

Benitez - America - £8m

Players out:

Contento - Betis - £3m

Pranjic -Inter - £8.25m

Badstubber - Porto - £14.75m

Robben - Arsenal - £28.5m

Luiz Gustavo - Inter - £9.75m

Rafinha - Inter - £6.25m

-----

Players in (summer):

Schieber - Stuttgart - Free (for the U23/backup)

Shaqiri - Basel - £10.5m - will be move on as I don't use wingers (transfer arranged irl)

Sanogo - Auxerre - Free (for the U23/backup)

Højbjerg - Brøndby - have been released again (transfer arranged irl)

5 German newgens (with 3 with 3½+ star potential and 2 with 4 star potential)

Also had a German 4 star newgen goalkeeper promoted from my youth system

1 Dutch newgen (with 4 star potential)

1 Turkish newgen (with 4 star potential

1 French newgen (with 4 star potential

Savic - Man C - Loan

Bendtner - Arseanl - Loan

Ziegler - Juve - £2.7m

Adler - Leverkusen - Free

Romario - victoria - £1.8m

(transfers arranged for a Uruguayan 3½ newgen and a Portuguese 3½ newgen)

Had a £40m+ offer turned down for Khadira and a £80m offer for Özil turned down

Players out:

Ribery - Chelsea - £14m

Jennings - N.Forrest - £1.1m

Petersen - Frankfurt - £2.3

Vastic .- Hertha - £625k

Breno-Tymo-Olic-Van Buyten and other released

(Boateng arranged for a winter transfer)

-----

Don't use wingers so there was no room for Robben or Ribery + they were on huge wages + they tend to get injured a far bit, so off with them (know that the Ribery transfer were a bit low, but it was the only one for him)

Badstubber isn't good enough in the air to take a place in central defence, so he had to go

Boateng isn't good enough in the air to take a place in central defence, + poor workrate and determination made him 2nd choice for RB after Lahm. Real came in with a low offer for Romario (whom I had short listed) so matched that to bring him in as extra backup, a month after Boateng became unhappy, and off he will be when the transfer window opens again

Team as it stands

GK) Neuer-Adler

DR) Lahm-Romario

DL) Baines-Ziegler

DC) Hummels-Savic

DC) Höwedes-Dede

DM) de jong-Bender

DM) Fernando-Can/newgen

MC) Schweinsteiger/Alaba

FC) Müller-Bendtner

FC) Gomez-Benitez

FC) Kroos-Shaqiri/newgen

Retraining Kroos to FC to make room for him in the tactic

44.5m and £38m on Hummels and Howedes wow, that is expensive considering you already have 2 German rocks in Badstuber and Boateng

44.5m and £38m on Hummels and Howedes wow, that is expensive considering you already have 2 German rocks in Badstuber and Boateng

Neither of Badstuber or Boateng are good in the air

Badstuber 10 in heading at the beginning of the game, 11 after playing regular for Porto

Boateng 9 in heading now in the 2nd season + poor determination

that is nowhere near good enough for me and both of them have poor teamwork, I know that it isn't essential for a DC, but I like my players to have decent work rate (strikers can be accepted with leaser work rate)

anyone else having problems getting good coaches in? i cant seem to attract ones that are more than 4 stars, also who is a goos ass man for bayern

Ass Man: Valdir de Moraes (4½ star bold control + 4½ in other areas as well)

Att: Antony de Avila (4½)

GK: Jan-William van Ede (4½)

GK) Fernando Moraes (4½)

Fitness: Paul Whisper (5)

Fitness: Roberto de Bellis (5)

Ass Man: Valdir de Moraes (4½ star bold control + 4½ in other areas as well)

Att: Antony de Avila (4½)

GK: Jan-William van Ede (4½)

GK) Fernando Moraes (4½)

Fitness: Paul Whisper (5)

Fitness: Roberto de Bellis (5)

thanks will try and sign a few in the summer, things going well in my game starting to score goals and playing alot better when i took Schweinsteiger from cm- dyp to cm-support getting all over the pitch and controlling the game

Anyone had any success with bringing some really good new gens through after 4 seasons?

I have 4 youth coaches and top training facilities yet nothing seems to be coming through in terms of top class talent

after my first season i won the league with a game to spare, should of been out of sight but injurys and players going out of form right at the end of the season + losses to dortmund in the cup and a heavy loss in the league, also going out in the 1/4 finals of the champions league to shakhtar donetsk, i thought it was time for a clear out and sold ribery to madrid for 20m and brought in Erik Lamela from roma 10m, natural amc but training him to be a aml also chaning my aml to a advanced playmaker from inside forward. signed Yann M'Vila for 15m also to help get my dm stronger need a cb but didnt want to spend the cash so another year with badstuber and boateng as my cb pair and marcellis and mertesacker as back up got mertesacker on loan. my right back is a huge problem and after having a fall out over a fine over a sending off rafinha left the club to go back to brazil for 5 mil i signed montoya from barca for 3 mil he was onloan from jan on and did a very good job also signed koch on a free from dortmund, need to go alittle better this season showed some great attcking flair in games but seemed to choke abit in the bigger games. but all in all its been a very enjoyable season i thought bayern would be easier with the cash they have but the german league is strong and with different challenges such as the winter break to deal with and no german players getting called up for their national team, makes it good now to bring on my 2nd season the games 3rd

Anyone had any success with bringing some really good new gens through after 4 seasons?

I have 4 youth coaches and top training facilities yet nothing seems to be coming through in terms of top class talent

I got a really good 4 star goalkeeper (the same as Neuer) in the first newgen bunch, only 14 at the time, 15 now (and now CA on 1 star meaning that he already would be a good player for most 2nd Bundesliga teams) and I wouldn't be totally afraid of playing him in the easier league games, but he have Neuer, Adler and Butt in front of him, so he most likely will spend 2 years or more in the youth teams before getting any real playing time

Didn't get any worth talking about in the 2 season bunch of players

anyone any tips on how to manage during the winter break? keep them playing every week or give them 2 weeks off etc put on a fitness training schedule etc.

also signing players i want to keep the team german any good young german left backs or cm?

anyone any tips on how to manage during the winter break? keep them playing every week or give them 2 weeks off etc put on a fitness training schedule etc.

also signing players i want to keep the team german any good young german left backs or cm?

I just let them train as normal, having my assistant dealing with friendlies

second season I had the Club World Championship so

I was up against...

Nürnberg on the 12th (Bundesliga)

a Saudi team on the 20th (CWC semi)

Santos Laguna on the 23rd (CWC Final)

Leverkusen on the 26th (Bundesliga)

two French teams on the 28th and 30th (Friendlies)

Hannover on the 2nd of January (German Cup)

Lyon, Trier, America on the 6th, 9th and 11th (Friendlies)

Before the team had a wee break before meeting Dortmund on the 26th in the Bundesliga

-----

Lars Bender (£8.5m from Leverkusen) plays very well for me in DMC, now valued £13.5m -

If you can get Marcel Schmelzer from Dortmund and are willing to pay what Dortmund wants, you will get the best left footed german LB, but in my game they are looking for £30m-£40m, he is nowhere near the standard of my LB Baines, so I brought in Ziegler (whom being Swiss already have German as a natural langue) as backup for Baines

thanks i usally just have a game every sat with french and south american teams to keep the fitness up and try out a few youths.

2nd season with bayern 3rd season in game.

won the league for the 2nd season in a row, dortmund pushed hard untill the end of the season and i can see them getting stronger each season, also won the german cup and champions league semi-final need to get a few players in to make that push for champions league glory. one great player for me has been badstuber scored 11 goals and really came up with some great performances also falcao has really stepped up with 36 goals taking over gomez as the main striker also signed rafinha from barca on a free going to loan him out and see if he can make the grade for my team also vrsalijko in LB to take over from lahm i know i was after german players but i think if i want to wint the champions league i need the best.

so plans for season 3 in a new amr to replace robben whos getting into 30-31 and a bit moody now and some good youths to boost the team all in all a good season. also having fun with bayern tho the board can be a real pain in the ass never give me anything

won the league for the 2nd season in a row, dortmund pushed hard untill the end of the season and i can see them getting stronger each season

"funny" Dortmund has finished 4th and 6th in my game for the two seasons I've played so far and is nowhere near me.

Köln finished 2nd (6 point adrift) in the first season and 3rd (27 point adrift) in the second season. Stuttgart grapping 2nd spot (24 point adrift) in the 2nd season (they finished 13th in the first season)

Biggest "problem" for me is the board, they are one tough cookie to deal with

That and that there are very few players that I would like to join me, and those I would like have clubs unwilling to sell

Having bids of £85m+ rejected from Real for Özil and the same from Dortmund for Götze. Also had a £65m offer for Khedira rejected

My scouts recon that it will take £50m for Leverkusen to part with Schürrle, and he would be a back up for Kroos, and won't be spending that on a backup striker

Archived