FM12: FC Bayern München - Mission Munich 2012

Made some unplanned transfers...just couldnt resist...and perhaps screwed up long-term planning:

- Cavani for 36M (was offered)

- Fellaini for 15M (was unhappy)

Will try to train Cavani for the AMC position to have him as another backup to Kroos. And then ofc rotate him with Gomez.

Tried for Sven Bender, but same story as with every player from Dortmund :(

Then thought about Holtby...but Cavani got offered.

Still thinking about these swaps but when comparing them, i dont really see a great benefit (perhaps wage):

Gustavo <=> Kara

Breno <=> Vertonghen

Am i missing a key attribute which would make the choice clearer?

U were talking about Gustavo's low pressure. Is that the Composure attribute?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, same old story with Robben and Ribery, injured for 2 weeks, 1 week, couple of days, nothing serious tho', but they did miss certain amount of games. Still, whenever Arjen played, he destroyed everyone.

Well, to be honest, part from Vertonghen, I could not see someone who can lead the team, if van Bomel was still here, he would be my 3rd captain.

Preparations for 2nd season are over, signings I made are talented youth players, nothing spectacular. I also decided to sell Rafinha, put Lahm on RB with explosive Vrsaljko as his main backup, Contento on the LB. Boateng will be backup for fullbacks while Breno and new boy Stefan Bell will act as cover for Badstuber and Vertonghen. One big change was transfer of Luis Gustavo, he is very good DM but I do not use that in my tactic so I decided to get some nice cash for him and put Henriksen next to Kroos and Schweini.

Oh, btw, Adler came for free. It's like having a Spiderman as a backup for Batman.

dddv.png

EDIT

Good stuff for Boateng mate, he will get enough chance this season, hopefully he can improve in my save.

Thanks for thumbs up mate. ;) @supercunk

Considering CB, I also wanted Hummels and Howedes but they are to expensive, I could get Mats for 45m, but there is no way I am going to spend so much money on 1 player. It's the same in the second season, they just won't sell them. Same for Gotze. Maybe it will change in the 3rd year, don't know to be honest.

About Alaba, I didn't tried to train him for any other position because he does well for my BBM style, maybe he would be good as FB but for me, excelent MC.

Bad Transfer deal there with Adler. Have fun with an angry benchwarmer disrupting the team morale :)

U were talking about Gustavo's low pressure. Is that the Composure attribute?

No, his hidden "pressure" attribute. Basically it determines how well he reacts to interest from the media, or your team talks. Basically, if you tell him "I expect a performance", he's going to play nervously because the expectations are too high on him. It might not be a big problem in some other squads, but in Bayern, everyone except him handle pressure really well, so he's the odd one out, and it can screw up your team talks (not to mention what will happen when an AI manager realizes it, though they never seem to in my experience).

Oh, also, if there is any transfer interest in him, he will feel pressured by it and play a bit worse than normal.

Been busy in here!! Great season Koma!!

On the Gustavo talk, I've never noticed him he is just there, might take a closer look now with reading some comments, buying players seems difficult in my game as I don't want to pay stupid amounts.

There is a dm from Mainz I think it is surname is Johan or something who looks like he can be pretty useful player :)

Cant find anyone by that surname. Perhaps you mean Julian Baumgartlinger? Could be a nice cheap transfer but his mental stats dont look that good for a DM, imo.

@ quaazi

Thank you for the explanation. I forgot about that hidden attribute.

I've sold him now for 22M due to the discussions here and because i needed the money. I invested part of it into Kara, thank you for this recommendation! ;)

I've also decided to keep the three CBs since i simply cant decide who to sell and also didnt find a better replacement. Will keep some budget free and try to unsettle Höwedes, perhaps i can get him in winter (or some1 else). Kana can play CB too, so i dont see much risk with this decision.

Will post a screenshot with all my transfers when the window closes.

Jorn Jahn the guys name is plays DM/CM , my scouts have him at 3 & half stars which is higher rating that Gustavo just he seems it will cost abit. I do like Julian Baumgartlinger stats though! could be a good squad player.

I think I'm going to sell Breno its a tough decision but going to sign Stefan Bell who is going to set me back 10mill but worth the risk I feel..

If I sign an Asian player, Will that give me a increase in revenue or something ?

Wow, 13m for Kara? He only costs 1.5m in the first season. Reminds me to buy him with some smaller club and make a huge profit on selling him. :)

In other news, my talented Emre Can just got invited for Turkey U21 squad. Scheiße!

Transfers .. Gustavo going on loan somewhere for 5mill and current wages, Defour more than good enough to take his place. Breno has gone I'm paying 5k of his wages but I think the young guy Stefan Bell will be a better player. Just won the super cup beating Koln 2-0

9af2328f6f92ededd20facd3c18f4f5c.png?1326479503

Got this with signing Heung-min

fd78a0d7458f6213b5c075e6cb5014fe.png?1326479444

Squad is like this now

b72cb9995653a8bee92ae5939a2be4fd.png?1326480096

Nice transfers mate, congratz on Heung-min, good player and excelent thing for your finances. I didn't knew that he brings that (merchandise), I might bring him next season and sell Ribery, will get nice cash for Franck and get that thing with South Korean fans. Also, how did you end up paying so much for Bell? I got him for 3.8m in the 2nd season.

To bad you could not find a buyer for Gustavo, but than again, I was suprised when Aston Vila payed 25m for him.

In other news, won German Super Cup and lost European Super Cup to a Totenham. I am so anoyed by that lost, similar thing to finals of German Cup. I dominated the game with possesion and shots but they got silly goal and that's it. Seems that my squad got lasy, whatever, I need to work on that in the future.

Regarding merchandise:

Does anyone know if signing Kagawa will also increase revenue similar to what Wilson did with Son/Korea?

Just wondering since Bayern already have a feederclub from Japan...and Kagawa just announced he wants a transfer.

Really having problems this season. Everyone is playing far from normal. Gomez is missing so many CCCs, Reus and Robben are hardly seen, etc.

I hope i make my CL group, just lost away to Juve and Benfica :(

United and Chelsea are playing Euro League lol

I know what you mean, I am experiencing a huge dip in form that started late November in my 2nd season. I can barely win and was eliminated from the CWC and the German Cup. Luckily I have a healthy cushion in the league, and my first CL playoff is against CSKA Moscow. I think the players are just complacent, but it's still annoying how giving them the hairdryer gets EVERYONE "fired-up", and then they still manage to screw up. I'm issuing warnings and fines left and right but nothing. Tried games with all three maximum familiarity tactics I have (direct 4-4-2/4-2-4, fairly balanced 4-2-3-1 and a possession-heavy 4-3-3) but no change either. Making big signings doesn't seem to have had a noticeable effect, Hazard was brought in for 40 mil and got a 6.0 rating in his first game (scored a goal in his next but the game crashed after I had finished the match, which killed my morale for the day...). And even better, Robben got injured for a month. I have no idea what to do. More and more rotation and aggressive teamtalks, I guess. Maybe some experimental formations. But it doesn't seem to be a tactical problem - I just can't score and the opponent always manages to. I miss penalties and one-on-ones, they score long shots and headers. So incredibly frustrating.

But it doesn't seem to be a tactical problem - I just can't score and the opponent always manages to. I miss penalties and one-on-ones, they score long shots and headers. So incredibly frustrating.

Exactly this. Match-stats look like always, lots of shots and CCCs, but losing/drawing nevertheless. Their ratings generally arent that bad either so i cant really say anything.

Took a break now since i'm frustrated.

Winter break, finally. I managed to get into the final rounds in CL. Ugly matches though.

Tried to sign Kagawa, but he wont even negotiate. Perhaps he is coded to leave the Bundesliga, like he says in RL.

Not sure what to do with my leftover budget. Still have around 20M. Perhaps buy some talents...or save it for the end of season. Sometimes there are nice bargains.

Finished 2nd Season:

- won Bundesliga already after matchday 26,

- won DFB cup,

- lost the CL-Finals in a weird match against Barca with 2:3 (2 penalties, 2 red cards, etc). I blame the match-engine, but thats another topic.

Noteworthy Developments:

- Boateng was injured 1/2 season and lost many attribute points. Due to his low Determination, i doubt he can regain them quickly and ever reach his potential: i'm selling him now.

- Robben won "Best Player in Europe", "Best Player in CL" and "CL Goal of the Tournament"

- Gomez returned to normality after a crazy 1st season. Perhaps due to Cavani, who played a good season.

- Müller is constantly being ignored by Löw and is not called up anymore. Weird, he plays well for me.

- Alaba rocks as AML!

Tansfers end of 2nd Season:

- no transfers in winter window

- no bargain offers :(

- bought two talents end of season to use up some remaining budget.

Upcoming Transfers:

- trying for Höwedes this window and selling Boateng. Alternatives are Hummels and Sakho. Going to splash my cash on this transfer.

- perhaps looking for a replacement for Vrsaljko and/or Contento. Both are OK as backup, but not good enough for CL. If i'm unlucky then Rafinha is coming back...

- perhaps a dedicated Kroos/AMC/playmaker backup. Cavani and Schweinsteiger arent that bad here, but often needed elsewhere.

I really prefer German players, but i got no idea who would be an improvement. Some Dortmund players ofc, but i doubt it's possible to sign them.

German Fullbacks better than Contento/Träsch/Vrsaljko?

German AMC/playmaker better than Schweinsteiger? Özil? :p

On another note: taking the corner bug out of this tactic. That's just stupid i noticed.

6cx9tsi99ddj.jpg

rm3i5stobssj.jpg

Wow look at you go!! spread the goals around nicely it seems ! Completed dominated the league I feel sorry for second place ha

If its possible to get German players I would buy them as it gives a more realistic feel to the game,Not sure how good Trasch actually is.. Would be amazing if you got Ozil!! not sure many better German based cam's than him

On my own game, Might sell Robben or Ribery end of this second year & thats mainly because Reus is just amazing & everything is going perfect in the league, Really impressed with Stefan Bell, Defour, Reus and my regen striker who filled the role of Gomez perfect untill he got injured also lol

Haha 21 goals for Breno. Oh dear.

As for Özil... I got him in FM11 after 2 seasons, but he cost me 130 million. It was a matter of pride, I had more money than I could spend anyway. He's a superb player, but that low determination is a bit of a put-off. Basically, he isn't as professional of an athlete than most Germans are.

That's one of the things i dont understand about this season: i havent changed the tactic!

First year it's a one-man Gomez show, this year the goals are nicely spread out. No clue.

I like Träsch very much. He is purely defensive minded and has great Teamwork and Work Rate. If he were a bit faster and more agile, he'd be almost perfect, imo.

Perhaps u prefer a more offensive FB though.

Could you please show me a screenshot of Stefan Bell? I'd like to see how his stats developed. Perhaps i go for him if i cant get Höwedes since he is also German :)

Philipp Wollscheid is another great german CB talent. I have no idea how his PA got rated though and if his stats will increase.

Özil was a joke haha

But Götze, Özil and Kroos are the only german playmakers i can think of :(

Regarding merchandise:

Does anyone know if signing Kagawa will also increase revenue similar to what Wilson did with Son/Korea?

Just wondering since Bayern already have a feederclub from Japan...and Kagawa just announced he wants a transfer.

At least I got the merchandise message when I signed Kagawa for Juve.

I was shocked after seeing my U23. Seriously, how stupid is the KI if the ass.man lets everyone go and the team ends up like this?!?!??! Why even offer the option to have the ass.man handle contracts?!?!?

xlvrcyopr9a.jpg

Should i even try filling the team up again? Will my 15/16 year old talents suffer if i put them in U23?

This really pisses me off.

I'm in January 2013 (2nd season) now and we've only won a single game since mid December. Dortmund ist eight points clear of me (2nd place) in the Bundesliga.

In recent weeks I couldn't really decide on a starting XI. I signed Jovetic for 45M, so I want him to play. But I also want to fit in Müller, Ribery and Robben. It's giving me headaches... Especially, because I still have Gomez. He is not my first choice striker, but he's actually my best goal scorer...

My transfers in the 12/13 season:

kqm5ec962pcy.jpg

Tactics:

pbuan5d3fx1a.jpg

Befrore you ask: Yes, the tactic is based on Barca's system. My squad only lacks a Messi guy...

Sounds like you have the same problem like quaazi and i had. For some reason the performance drops in December and we have no idea why.

Give ur team some easy friendly matches during winter break and get moral up again. And then go hunt Dortmund :)

This was my hunt for a new CB:

- Schalke wanted 65M for Höwedes

- Dortmund wouldnt talk over Hummels

- Stefan Bell only has 2 1/2 stars from my scouts

- Sakho was too expensive (cant remember)

- Vertonghen already had signed for Chelsea

- Otamendi i didnt want this time, i always bought him in FM11...time for a change...

= Phil Jones from ManUnited :)

I also kept Cavani, the offer wasnt that good after remembering i payed ~37M myself.

The transfer window is closed and Neuer+backup got injured for 4 weeks. Nice!

So here's my transfers (lots of useless signings for my U23) and my squad:

573m3powhd3.jpg

uhu9rj5q648.jpg

I understand that, i'm not that motivated myself anymore...and this is my first save with FM12!

In FM11 i always had a goal for my save, mostly winning the CL with only home-grown players, or winning a world cup with Germany. But it's a bit useless to dive into a long-term goal if the new patch is coming soon.

Also in FM12 there is nothing to do with U19/23. I spent lots of time here in FM11.

Wow, what an intersting finish to my 12/13 season. First I was embarrassed at Parc de Prince by PSG. We lost 4-0 in the 1st leg of the 1st knock-out round in the CL. 2nd leg we dominated (22-3 shots or something), but they scored the equalizer in the 91st minute to get away with a 1-1 draw. I was soooo upset and benched Gomez and Schweini after that. Gomez hadn't scored in weeks (he had long announced he would leave on a free in the summer...) and Schweinsteiger constantly reacted bad to my team talks.

I also started changing tactics at that point and won three of four, but then won only one of the next five. At that point I switched back to my standard tactic and put Müller as centre forward for the first time. It worked and we won eight of nine remaining games in the Bundesliga.

With this run we closed the gap to Dortmund and Köln in the standings and set up a frantic last day finish. Köln was one point ahead, Dortmund and we were tied at 2nd place. We won our game 5-0, Köln 3-0 and Dortmund 7-0 (no kidding!). So Köln won their first title since 1964!!

Unfortunately for us, the only game during our finishing run we did not win was away at Köln. We drew 0-0. If we had won that game, we would have won the title despite an eight-point deficit at some time in March... :D

Notable transfers for the 2013/14 season include D/C Jonny Evans from ManU for €13m to strengthen my defence and AM/R Gabriel Torje from Arsenal for €7,25 million as right defender. Torje is a natural right wing but decent at the back and I wanted a workhorse with offensive qualities á la Alex Alves there. I also snapped up Heinz Müller as backup keeper and got Jermaine Jones for €1,3 million from Tottenham to add an option with experience for my central midfield.

Daniel van Buyten (Blackburn Rovers), Mario Gomez (Internazionale) and Nils Peterson (Hannover 96) are gone. Maybe I get rid of another defender. We'll see.

Sounds like a fun save!

For some reason Köln always do very well. Their players arent overrated or anything, so no idea why. But i've seen so many screenshots that always show them in CL ranks.

Interesting that Gomez wanted to leave. Did u play him too little and he got unsettled? Your strikers are now Müller/Olic?

As for my save:

I'm in winter break 13/14 and just beat Barca in a friendly. That match cost me Gomez though, he got injured for 4-5 months :(

Thinking about either bringing in a replacement or perhaps throwing in a 16 year young talent.

Other than that there probably wont be any transfers, only perhaps some cheap talents for U19.

Sounds like a fun save!

For some reason Köln always do very well. Their players arent overrated or anything, so no idea why. But i've seen so many screenshots that always show them in CL ranks.

Interesting that Gomez wanted to leave. Did u play him too little and he got unsettled? Your strikers are now Müller/Olic?

Yeah, it's strange. They also had a good start to the 13/14 season. Podolski is scoring loads of goals for them. 54 goals in 65 games over the last two seasons.

As for my strikers: Olic had left in the summer 2012. Gomez was usually my first choice for the lone striker position, because Ribery and Robben were constantly injured. So Müller had to play on the wings, although I had rather wanted him to play at center. I want a Messi type at there and Gomez is not that player. So it's actually not so much of a problem that Gomez left. Only that I got no money for him ;)

Archived