[FM12]“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

roganp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spartak, now that's a big club! Good luck in Russia - the blog in my location might help out if you're after a bit more of an insight [/cheapplug] :D Bychkov looks like a future world-beater, hope you stick around long enough to realise his potential!

I everything goes well, then I plan to stay in Moscow for 4-5 years so I'll get to see Bychkov progress, but I doubt I'll be here to witness his best years.

I'll give your blog a read later :)

Brazil to Russia, China next? :D

Nice move, good luck with Spartak! :thup:

I'll probably save the trip to Asia till the end of my career.

Wow! You came to Brazil and you conquered!! And where to conquerors go? Russia! :)

Russia should be a lot harder to conquer than Brazil!

What a barnstorming season with Sao Paulo, so close to a clean sweep too :thup:

In my FM11 save, I went from Brazil to Russia (it was Spartak Moscow too), and found it a breath of fresh air. 30 games a season, only one cup competition, a huge winter break, crazy home player registration regulations; what's not to like?! :)

1529.png

Spartak Moscow - January/February 2021 Transfer Window Update

- As I'm not doing a mid-season update this season, I thought I would briefly talk about our transfer dealings during the winter window.

Transfers

Player(Position) - Club bought from - Transfer fee

Takayuki Miyazaki(ST) - PSV - £10M

Hugo Paredes(GK) - Rubio Nu - £2M

Juan Carlos Castillo(CB) - Bologna - £6M

Alexandr Ivanov(DM/CM/CB) - Rubin - £5M

Total Spent - £22M

Total Income - £4.59M

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with our business during the window. The key areas were covered and I also managed to get rid of most of the deadwood that I inherited from the previous manager. I would have liked to have brought in a couple of wingers as the options we currently have are pretty crap and I was also on the look for a left back as we only have one player in that position. There was a player that I wanted to bring in, however his club were asking for far more then I was willing to pay.

I was debating weather or not to sign Juan Carlos Castillo as if you noticed on the screenshot, he's already played for two clubs this season and therefore cannot play for another one until next season. In the end I decided to through with deal as he's a player I did not want to miss out on, especially at the price I was able to get him for.

You've done well to get Ivanov for that price, stealing Russian talent off a rival isn't easy! Miyazaki looks like he could tear the league apart for you if he finds form, here's hoping!

I was surprised they were willing to him go for so little. It seems quite a few players are looking to leave Rubin due to their poor league position. I also wanted to sign Artem Potapov from them, but I wasn't willing to meet their £15M asking price.

Nice move to Spartak mate. I think you got a great future there with all that young talent. :thup:

And you can also acquire youth talent from other Russian clubs if they're not signed to pro contracts for only $8k per player! :D

If that's the case, I'll have to start doing a bit of poaching.

What a barnstorming season with Sao Paulo, so close to a clean sweep too :thup:

In my FM11 save, I went from Brazil to Russia (it was Spartak Moscow too), and found it a breath of fresh air. 30 games a season, only one cup competition, a huge winter break, crazy home player registration regulations; what's not to like?! :)

The schedule played a big part in my decision to move to Russia, but I forgot that as of this season IRL, the league will run from Autumn to spring and instead of 30 games a season, there will be 44 with the league being split into 2 groups of 8 after 30 matches. However, the rules in my save still state that there are 30 games. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with me not having Russia loaded from the start? and if the new schedule will come into play next season or if it just hasn't been implemented in this FM.

The schedule played a big part in my decision to move to Russia, but I forgot that as of this season IRL, the league will run from Autumn to spring and instead of 30 games a season, there will be 44 with the league being split into 2 groups of 8 after 30 matches. However, the rules in my save still state that there are 30 games. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with me not having Russia loaded from the start? and if the new schedule will come into play next season or if it just hasn't been implemented in this FM.

IRL the 44-game season is just a one-off this year, a transitional year as they change from a March-November calendar to a traditional European season. This is implemented in FM, but as soon as the second season starts it goes back to 30 games, which is much more manageable :)

Even when its a strong 'yes', I think 'tough, I'm in charge so there'.

The same player came out again a few days later saying he wants first team football, so goal.com decided to do another poll and this time 92% said no and 8% were undecided. He's moving ever closer to someone saying 'yes' :lol:

1529.png

Spartak Moscow - 2020/2021 Season Review(Joined 3.1.2021)

Prem'er Liga - 6th

SpartakMoscowFixtures_Fixtures.png

I joined with the club 9th in league and looking like they were not going to qualify for Europe, but my appointment seemed to bring about a change in the teams fortunes as we won my first 4 games in charge, one of which was the win home against the champions, Zenit. The embarrassing defeat to Anji swiftly brought us back down to earth, but we responded well by beating arch-rivals CSKA in our next league fixture. Going into the final day of the season there was still the possibility of Champions League qualification as we sat 5th, just a point behind Lokomotiv Moscow who were 3rd and level with Anji in 4th. Lokomotiv lost their game, but so did we which means we will have to settle for the Europa League next season.

UEFA Europa League - Knocked out in the Quarter-Finals

The previous manager had already done most of the work by getting the team through the qualifying round and the group stages, so my job was to try and progress as far as possible in the knockout stages. It took a fantastic comeback to see off Bordeaux in the 1st knockout round as we managed to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the 1st leg to win the tie 3-2 on aggregate. The 2nd knockout round was a lot more straight forward as we beat Olympiakos home and away before being knocked out by West Ham in the quarters.

Squad

Transfers

The top 3 were signed by the previous manager.

Finances

Not much money left. I've spent it all on transfers for next season.

Key Players

As I've only been at the club for a short amount of time it's hard to pick our key players, but there are a couple that stood out.

Sergey Parshivlyuk - Now heading into his mid-thirties, but he's still one of the of the first names on the team sheet. A solid defender who's also pretty good going forward.

Sergey Gordeev - A fantastic young defender. It won't be too long before the worlds elite clubs are interested in buying him.

Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/2017 Ipswich Town England npower League One 1st Promoted as League Champions
2017 New York RB USA MLS 1st Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
2018/2019 Dundee United Scotland SPL 2nd Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
2019/2020 Dundee United Scotland SPL N/A Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
2020 Sao Paulo Brazil Brasileirao 1st League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
2020/2021 Spartak Moscow Russia Prem'er Liga 6th Joined 3.1.2021[/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

I have one aim for next season and that is to qualify for the Champions League. I've already agreed to sign 5 or 6 players for next season - players who I believe can help us push further up the table next year. I don't really have any aims in the Europa League and would be pretty satisfied if we just reach the knockout rounds again.

Game set-up - More changes as I've decided to remove Greece, Switzerland and Scotland. I have no intention of managing in any of these countries or in Scotland's case, managing there again so I don't see much point in having them loaded.

The World Of Football 10 Years On

Competitions

Past Winners :

International

FIFA World Cup

UEFA European Championship

Copa America

African Cup of Nations

Asian Cup

CONCACAF Gold Cup

Club

UEFA Champions League

FIFA Club World Cup

UEFA Europa League

Copa Libertadores

Copa Sudamericana

AFC Champions League

CONCACAF Champions League

CAF Champions League

Barclays Premier League

La Liga

1.Bundesliga

Serie A

Ligue 1

Eredivisie

Liga ZON SAGRES

Prem'er Liga

Premyer-Liha

Competitions Rankings

World

Nations Rankings

Richest Clubs

Leading Transfers

Top 5 Highest Valued Players

Hakan Sengul

Jose Franco

Jack Wilshere

Angelo

Mario Gotze

Tycoon Takeovers

Europe :

Morcambe - England - Taken over by an Israelian tycoon in 2018. They've made steady progress since his arrival and have just been promoted from League 2.

AFC Telford - England - Bought by a tycoon from Luxembourg in 2020 and his injection of cash has made an instant impact as they've just won promotion to League 2 via the playoffs.

Catania - Italy - Bought by an Italian tycoon in 2016. They haven't won any silverware yet, but have qualified for the Europa League 4 times and are in the top 25 of the worlds richest clubs.

Cartagena - Spain - Taken over by a Croatian tycoon in 2019. They were relegated from La Liga in the season following his take over, but have just been promoted from the 2nd tier at the first attempt.

Hercules - Spain - Bought by a South African tycoon in 2012. Were promoted from the second tier in 2013 and then finished in mid-table/bottom half in La Liga a few times before he decided to withdraw his funding in 2017.

South America

NONE

North America :

Veracruz - Mexico - Bought by a German tycoon in 2018. Got promoted to the top tier in 2019, but in 2020 he decided to withdraw his funding.

Asia

NONE

My Previous Clubs

I thought it would nice to have a look at how my previous clubs got on after I left them.

Boston United - I left in 2016 after just getting the club promoted to League 2. They were relegated in their first season in League 2 and then spent a few years in the Blue Square Premier, during which they won an FA Trophy. Unfortunately they have just been relegated to the Blue Square North.

Ipswich Town - I left in 2017 after getting the club promoted from League 1. They were immedietly relegated from the Championship, but went straight back up again and last season they finished 20th in the Championship.

New York Red Bulls - Nothing much to report on since I left in 2017. They did win the MLS Team Fair Play Award in 2019.

Dundee United - Went on to finish 4th in the season I left them and finished 3rd in the following season.

Sao Paulo - I only left the club a short while ago. They were beaten by Corinthians in the final of the state championship and were knocked out in the Semi-Finals of the Copa Libertadores. Currently top of the Brasileirao after 9 games.

Not a bad start at Spartak there, although that must have been a tough defeat to take at home to Alania. Terek so high and Rubin down low is a bit of a shock, any more of their squad looking to leave that you could poach?

On a personal note, I'm pleased to see Shinnik stay up - I spent four months in Yaroslavl and saw them three times, a win and two draws but they're pretty rubbish :D

Solid start with Spartak.
Didn't have much time in charge but still turned things around and finished well, top job.
You did well in the short amount of time you had.
A great way to bow out of Brazilian football :thup: and you've not done too badly in Russia either since you've been there.
Great year in Brazil but understandable to move on. Spartak seems like a good move, I think you'll do well with a full season in charge.

Thanks for all your comments :thup:

Not a bad start at Spartak there, although that must have been a tough defeat to take at home to Alania. Terek so high and Rubin down low is a bit of a shock, any more of their squad looking to leave that you could poach?

On a personal note, I'm pleased to see Shinnik stay up - I spent four months in Yaroslavl and saw them three times, a win and two draws but they're pretty rubbish :D

Very tough. As I mentioned, on the last day of the season Champions League qualification was still possible but we had to hope that Lokomotiv would lose away to CSKA(which they did) and we also had to outscore Anji by 3 or 4 goals, so I went into the Alania game with an Overload strategy right from the get go and unfortunately it backfired on me.

Regarding Rubin and the poaching of their players(:D), I may try and go back in for Potapov. I also tried to sign Alexey Artemov in the last transfer window, but similar to the situation with Potapov, I wasn't willing to match their asking price.

1529.png

Spartak Moscow - 2021/2022 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Prem'er Liga - Qualify for the Champions League through league finish Media Prediction - 5th

UEFA Europa League - Reach the Second Knockout Round

Rambler Kubok Rossii - Not regarded as important

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £4.88M

Wage Budget - £475K p/w

Current Wage Bill - £380K p/w

Transfers

Transfers Summary

Another busy transfer window as I spent big to try and get a squad together that is capable of challenging for the title, but I felt I signed all these players for good prices and went down the "value" route rather than splashing big sums of money on individuals. As you can see, I also managed to make a fair bit of cash from selling players with the most notable being the departure of last seasons top scorer Jose Antonio Hernandez. With my plans to play Miyazaki as the lone man up top this season, Hernandez would have had a lot less game time this season and as he was one the clubs highest earner, I decided it would be best to get him off the wage bill.

Javier Santinelli(DR/DC) - I was delighted about being able to get this lad on a free transfer. He has the potential to replace Parshivlyuk at right back.

Ahmed Said(CM) - He has fantastic technical attributes for his age. Already capped 14 times by Egypt and scored 4 goals. He's player I have high hopes for(I'm sure AK22 will approve of this signing ;)).

Scott Barnes(MR/AMR) - Young American winger who I was able to get for a fantastic price.

Fabian Insaurralde(ST) - Another player with big potential. I wanted to give him time to settle down in Europe by only using him sparingly this season, but due to Miyazaki missing the start of the season through injury, I've had to throw him straight into the first 11 and it seems that he hasn't needed much time to settle in a new continent.

Triantafayllos Angelidis(DL) - Has only just recovered from a broken leg he suffered at his previous club. Hopefully it doesn't leave any long lasting damage as I feel he could become a future first choice left back for the club.

Sergey Kokoev(ML/AML) - I usually like to have wingers who can dribble with the ball, but he's only young and has plenty of time to develop that side of his game.

Oleg Kuslin(DL) - Came through the ranks at Kuban before moving to Holland. He had a fantastic season with Vitesse so I decided to bring him back Russia. I'm very happy that I was able to purchase him for a pretty small fee.

Timur Kharlamov(GK) - I snapped him up on a free after he was released by Rubin. His addition should provide great competition for number one goalie.

More than decent start with Spartak :thup:

I would expect you to be competing with CSKA and Zenit next season, hopefully qualifying for the Champions League.

That's the aim. There's been a lot of changes in personnel during this transfer window, but I'm confident that I now have a squad capable of challenging for the title.

The right decision to leave Brazil for sure, nice start at Spartak aswell, good luck :thup:

Cheers City2000 :thup:

Kokoev has pace to burn! Kuslin and Insaurralde look good as well, all set for a title charge methinks - between you and Zenit I reckon.

I think you may be right on that one. After having a quick look at CSKA's squad, I can't see them sustaining a title challenge and the same can be said for Anji and Dinamo Moscow. Lokomotiv Moscow seem to be in a bit of mess at moment and are rock bottom after 4 games, although to be fair to them, they've lost 2 games which were to us and Zenit.

I don't think they've ever truly come close to winning the title. Their highest league finish during the save is 3rd which they achieved in the 2014/15 and 2020/21 season(Last year). Although, they are now in the Champions League so I guess the money as bought them some sucess - just not in the form of trophies.

Wow, just noticed this thread has gone past 10K views :eek:. Thanks to everyone who has been reading so far, this has been one of my most enjoyable FM saves to date.

791.png

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-12.png

So, along side my role as the Spartak Moscow manager I've decided to venture into international management for the first time during this save by taking over as Russia national coach. There was another offer on the table from Sweden, but I felt this was a better opportunity. The country have just failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup after finishing 3rd in their group behind Israel and Denmark, so I will be working towards Euro 2024.

World Ranking - 40th

Capital City - Moscow

Country Population - 142M

Rival Nations - Ukraine, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia

National Stadium - Luzhniki

Capacity - 89,318

Here are just some of the players I will get to work with as Russia manager :

Alexey Zavaliy - Came through the ranks at Dinamo Moscow, played there for a season, before making the big move to German giants Bayern Munich.

Evgeny Kharlamov - A fantastic young defender who came through the youth system of my club, Spartak Moscow. Lyon paid the £6K compensation fee 3 seasons ago to bring him to France and he is now a regular in their first team.

Igor Akinfeev - Legendary goalkeeper and the country's most capped player.

Igor Gusarov - Already capped 20 times by the national team at the age of 20. Very talented player who came through Dinamo Moscow's youth system and is a first team regular for them.

Sergey Ovchinnikov - One of the more experienced members of the squad having been capped 52 times. He has spent his whole career at CSKA Moscow.

Akinfeev, 161 caps, that is impressive, even for a goalkeeper!

Good luck with Russia :thup:

Should help you find some good Russian talent.
Good luck with Russia, looks like they have some tidy players. A bit surprised they have slipped to 40th in the rankings.

Thanks guys :thup:

City2000 - I was also surprised to find them so low down in rankings, considering the talent that's available. Hopefully my appointment will bring about a change in the country's fortunes.

Archived