Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

... because everyone else is? :D

It seems to be the 'in thing'. People don't go out for the experience, or to take in another culture. They just want to look awesome on social media for a couple months.

NF will come back, look down his nose at people who haven't traveled, grow his hair, talk about his free spirit and never shut up about the time he was in Australia.

Obviously, that might not be the case for NF!

That was a dig at the melons on my Facebook who have nothing else going for them, except that one time they went to Australia.

Not a dig at you, sorry NF :D

Nice - any reason?

The plan is to go out there for 6/7 months and play cricket.

... because everyone else is? :D

It seems to be the 'in thing'. People don't go out for the experience, or to take in another culture. They just want to look awesome on social media for a couple months.

NF will come back, look down his nose at people who haven't traveled, grow his hair, talk about his free spirit and never shut up about the time he was in Australia.

Far from it tbh. I don't post much on social media and whilst I've never been keen on going travelling like some people do to experience life. I just want to go and play cricket. I actually nearly moved out to Australia a number of years ago but didn't want to go.

Didn't know if he'd had an Ashes call-up - heard his cricket is going well.

;)

I wish it was that. But in all seriousness I just want to go and play cricket so fancied doing that.

The plan is to go out there for 6/7 months and play cricket.

Fair enough :thup:

NF "truly finds himself" down under, grows his hair and starts describing everything as "amazing", "awesome" and "radical". Maybe even gets a little tattoo on his ankle.

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided I hate Christmas present searching :(. I have no idea what DVDs are out nowadays which is all I'm interested in barring the odd game or two. But I also have no idea what to get family. My brother has just gone and got a PS4 but instead of waiting for games he's gone and got all the games he wants.

So yeah, I'm currently stuck.

I've decided I hate Christmas present searching :(. I have no idea what DVDs are out nowadays which is all I'm interested in barring the odd game or two. But I also have no idea what to get family. My brother has just gone and got a PS4 but instead of waiting for games he's gone and got all the games he wants.

So yeah, I'm currently stuck.

Wait people still get DVDs? Always find them overpriced and by the time I want to watch something it's on Netflix or something. E.G Anchorman 2, still need to watch it like :D.

Does he have Playstation+? A second controller maybe?

I also hate Christmas shopping. I spent about 3 hours on Amazon/Ebay looking for about 6 presents. Walked around the town here and found nothing for anyone apart from a bag of sweets for myself :D.

I still get DVD boxsets and stuff because my parents will watch them occasionally. I'm starting to watch more films through Virgin TV and things like that.

He's got PS+ and he's got two controllers.

I haven't even been Christmas shopping. I get bored of trying to look for things that people may not want. I'd sooner give people money. Years ago I used to be great at getting presents and would always think of something unique or varied but now I just have no idea. My mother prefers me to 'surprise' her with gifts but she's got everything that she needs in life so that's difficult. My dad genuinely isn't bothered about Christmas.

It is there anniversary next year as well(25) and my dad has been saying he'd like to take my mum back to Berlin. But again, he says it's just an idea and in all likeliness they won't go anywhere as they're off to America in September.

I still get DVD boxsets and stuff because my parents will watch them occasionally. I'm starting to watch more films through Virgin TV and things like that.

He's got PS+ and he's got two controllers.

I haven't even been Christmas shopping. I get bored of trying to look for things that people may not want. I'd sooner give people money. Years ago I used to be great at getting presents and would always think of something unique or varied but now I just have no idea. My mother prefers me to 'surprise' her with gifts but she's got everything that she needs in life so that's difficult. My dad genuinely isn't bothered about Christmas.

It is there anniversary next year as well(25) and my dad has been saying he'd like to take my mum back to Berlin. But again, he says it's just an idea and in all likeliness they won't go anywhere as they're off to America in September.

Fair enough. When I was younger and we didn't have netflix etc I quite liked getting TV series boxsets. Open All Hours, Red Dwarf, Men Behaving Badly etc. I just wish there was more Only Fools and Horses on Netflix since I've never properly watched it, only seem odd episodes since I didn't enjoy it when I was younger :(.

I've always got my brother to do the Christmas shopping for me, I'll give him the money and then I'll get the gifts I need too(for the girlfriend etc). First year I've properly done it so I've done well :D. Surprise gift? Get her a gift card xD. Any music she likes? Random chocolates or alcohol? Perfume or something? Yeah shopping sucks :(.

Hmm, see if there's any DLC he wants for the games he owns? Maybe packs if he plays Fifa or something?

I heard Berlins quite nice and America(the right area) is a great holiday but I hate heights and therefore I've never flown so I don't generally leave England :D. I was taken to Paris a long time ago now, was alright. I hated the area around the Eifel Tower though.

How can you not like Only Fools and Horses :(. It's awesome. Although a few people have said they don't enjoy it.

Berlin is great, been myself at the same time as my parents years ago. Other family went as well at the same time. They're doing Vegas, San Francisco and somewhere else.

Done gift cards before and my brother doesn't play FUT I don't think and I sure as hell aint giving him money to spend on packs.

• 4 weeks later...
tom, whats this mess that's going on in OTF singles thread?! :D:D
So tom is, errr, a bit weird?
I've found it all very amusing :D

Starting to have my doubts on whether actually knows James Milner now...

Tom being a fantasist. Never saw that coming....

Yeah this forum and this thread in particular has nosedived over the past couple of years. I remember when we had Tom, edgar, SRL, Purefun, BarnetBoyz and a few others. I remember we could get through a couple of pages in a day and even possibly a page a day at times. Usually there wasn't much seriousness of the posts but just ramblings.

I certainly don't have the time, nor interest to post as much as I did.

I dabbed and ran and running towards the non strikers end, I ended up over stretching/balancing in. I tried to compensate but it was too late so I had to accept that I was going down and I ended up headbutting the floor. Managed to turn my face slightly but means I have a partially black right eye. I've also established that I've bruised my right cheek slightly and I now look like a confused member of the Culture Club.

• 1 month later...