dafuge's FM12 challenge

Hastings United

Division League One (2nd season)

Season 2021/2022

Expectations Consolidate (Media - 18th)

Finish 1st.

Season 10 complete.

Amazing season with only a very slight downer in the cups.

First off, we opened our new stadium and played a slew of pre-season matches there. This gave us enough cash to ensure we didn't go into the red during the season and keep my wage budget high enough to maintain the squad.

We made some very good loan signings as our wage budget wouldn't stretch to improving in many areas. We brought back several players who came to us last year in the DL and ST positions and these signings were key to being competitive across the pitch.

We started out reasonably well, we never fell below 8th, then began a steady climb up the table. One minor slump had us back down to 6th but we recovered and were fighting it out for the title by the turn of the year we were top. We never surrendered that position and won the title with 3 games to spare.

JPT run was pretty poor, we beat Dartford 3-0 then lost on penalties to my arch nemesis Plymouth when we were 3-1 up with 4 and 5th left to shoot.

FA Cup run ended in round 2, we beat Sutton then fell to Bury after taking a 1-0 lead.

The League Cup on the other hand, we were true giant killers. We took out Bournemouth in the first round, then Championship team Swansea 2-1, beat EPL Leicester in Extra Time 2-1, Championship Birmingham 2-1 in the fourth round, EPL Blackburn 3-2, came back from a 2-4 home loss against Championship Hull to win 4-0 away and take the semi 6-4 on agg.

Then came the final.

Where we were destroyed in a record 6-0 loss by EPL Bristol City. All in all, beating three championship teams and two premiership teams is a pretty good run. Also made a bit of money too which was nice.

Contract wise I re-signed about half the players who were up for renewal. I've poached two Spanish strikers from Barcelona on free transfers. They are both rated 5 star potential. Which in my current team means leading Championship or Good Premiership. So that sorted the forwards out.

I'm short at the back, needing 2 DL's, 1 DR and a ball playing CB. I've signed a new 2nd choice box to box midfielder on a free but I'm not really sure he's going to be good enough. I also need 2 more keepers. If I can get that then I might look at getting better players in some other positions.

All staff are re-signed, while I was looking for a new assistant the guy I did find wouldn't budge in reducing his wage demand by even the tiny fraction and as such I put my existing one on for another season.

We can now scout the continent.

I'm hoping the board will expand the stadium, the 'new stadium' option won't end for another month or so, if I'm lucky the board will expand the stadium for the Championship.

Season    League   Position    Europe     Cups                  Other
2012/13   BSS      18th        N/A        N/A                   N/A
2013/14   BSS      11th        N/A        N/A                   N/A
2014/15   BSS      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS      7th         N/A        N/A                   N/A
2016/17   BSS      4th         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP      3rd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP      1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title
2019/20   L2       1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1       11th        N/A        JPT Winner            NA
2021/22   L1       1st         N/A        LC RU                 Won League Title 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I might have a decent run in the Europa League, but we've been dealt a group of death with Napoli, Valencia (who have the best regen in the game) and Standard Liege. Hmm...

Worksop Premier League 2028/29

Table

Positions

After 2 barren years this season started off with quite a few new players and it took the squad a while to get going with 5 draws in the first 5 games. This meant i spent most of the season off the pace and the usual poor form over xmas and jan made sure i was out of the title race and struggling to qualify for europe.

I ended the season on form again with 37 points from 42 to snatch 4th place on the last day of the season.

My reserves won the league cup beating West Ham 4-1 in the final. In the FA cup i reached the semi-final and completely dominated Liverpool only to somehow draw 2-2 and then lose on penalties.

In the CL i had an easy group and comfortably qualified. In the 1st KO rd i faced Barcelona and drew 1-1 away before winning 2-1 at home. In the QT-final i again drew 1-1 away to Porto and won 3-0 at home. The semi-final was against Real Madrid and the team won 3-0 at home. In the 2nd leg Madrid scored 2 after dominating the match before a goal by Santamaria made it safe, it finished 3-1.

The final was against Inter and although the team went behind, they were always in command and won 2-1. Fixtures

Transfers 1 2

Squad

After last season i decided to freshen up the squad and spent money for the first time in 4 years, after the young midfielders disappointed last season i went out and spent a club record £12.25 million on Mauricio. This money was recouped by selling the underperforming Sagna (24 apps, 1 goal) for a record fee of £13.75 million. Melka was also brought in after being offered by Chelsea. The long serving Klinger (391 apps, 148 goals) was sold on after wanting to leave for several seasons, along with Chevelier (117 apps, 11 goals) who wasn't quite good enough and Robin (43 apps, 4 goals) who was 4th choice by xmas but became my record transfer fee of £14.25 million.

Mendoza was again the best player although Brandt did very well playing in an unfamiliar position of left midfield. 2 free transfers became wonderkids and forced there way into the team after xmas, Santamaria is rated the best potential player in the team possibly messi level since he is 4.5 stars and 3 stars is leading prem level. Manual also stepped up impressively.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners
2016/17        L2            14th         1st Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - Qtr-f      N/A                    None
2017/18        L2            6th          3rd Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - 2nd Rd     N/A                    Lost in playoff Final
2018/19        L2            3rd          3rd Rd            LC - 3rd Rd/JPT - N- Final   N/A                    Automatic promotion
2019/20        L1            1st          5th Rd            LC - 1st Rd/JPT - Winners    N/A                    League Winners, JPT Winners
2020/21        CMP           11th         3rd Rd            LC - 4th Rd                  N/A                    None
2021/22        CMP           11th         3rd Rd            LC - 4th Rd                  N/A                    None    
2022/23        CMP           3rd          6th Rd            LC - Winners                 N/A                    Promoted via playofffs, LC winners
2023/24        Prem          8th          Winners           LC - 3rd Rd                  EC - QTR-final         FA Cup winners
2024/25        Prem          5th          5th Rd            LC - Winners                 EC - Winners           LC winners, Euro Cup Winners
2025/26        Prem          4th          Winners           LC - 4th Rd                  EC - QTR-Final         FA Cup winners
2026/27        Prem          2nd          6th Rd            LC - 3rd Rd                  CL - QTR-Final         None
2027/28        Prem          3rd          Semi-final        LC - 3rd Rd                  CL - 1st KO Rd         None
2028/29        Prem          4th          Semi-final        LC - Winners                 CL - Winners           LC winners, CL winners

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2018/19 Season (7th Season)

Current Club: FC United.

Division: Premier League

Season: 2018/2019

Board Expectation: Title Challenge.

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Cup = Winner

League Cup = Winner

Champions League = Winner

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w431/minimalfuss/BenSampsonNews_Inbox-1.png

My game isn't running right now, so I'll update tomorrow with more details!

Season 7 Summary

After last years shock treble, I fully expected to go on and win everything this year. We did! Although it was a little harder and the results and goal-difference were actually a little worse than last years storming performance.

??=wins

??=draw

??=loss

??=goal difference

League Table:

FA Cup:

League Cup:

Champions League:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w431/minimalfuss/FCUnitedvACMilanInformation_Overview.png

Squad:

I'd love to say that's the quickest it could possibly be done - but actually it could feasibly be done in one season less! If you were to win the FA cup as a championship team, you could then play in the champions league during your first top-flight season! Unlikely, but mathematically possible. Until then, I think I've topped the table though!

Season		Division	     Position	 Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North   1st	   Champions
2012/13		FA Cup              n/a	   6th Round
2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner

2013/14		Blue Square Prem    1st	   Champions
2013/14		FA Cup              n/a	   5th Round Replay
2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner (retained)

2014/15		nPower League 2      1st	 Champions
2014/15		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2014/15		League Cup           n/a	 1st Round
2014/15		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner

2015/16		nPower League 1      1st	 Champions
2015/16		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2015/16		League Cup           n/a	 3rd Round
2015/16		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner (retained)

2016/17		nPower Championship    1st	 Champions
2016/17		FA Cup               n/a	 Semi Final
2016/17		League Cup           n/a	 4th Round Replay

2017/18		Premier League         1st	     Champions
2017/18		FA Cup               1st	 Winner
2017/18		League Cup           1st	 Winner

2018/19		Premier League         1st	     Champions
2018/19		FA Cup               1st	 Winner
2018/19		League Cup           1st	 Winner
2018/19	     Champions	League            1st	 Winner

Division The Championship (1st season)

Season 2022/2023

Expectations Avoid Relegation (Media - 21st)

Finish 17th

Season 11 complete.

This season can be summarised by saying it was three periods of relative comfort bracketed by two periods of sheer panic.

This graph will explain further:

http://i47.tinypic.com/25tan9e.jpg

League Table:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34dj78y.jpg

Didn't make anywhere near as much money as I wanted in the pre-season. Lost almost every game as well.

We started badly. We fell to dead last after the 4th game, but then began a quick rise to the heights of 8th. Which is when the first moment of panic set in. We slumped to a massive losing streak, and fell down to 20th. Thankfully that was as far as we dropped in that slump. We pulled ourselves back up to 13th after Christmas.

Which is when the 2nd period of panic set in. We were freefalling, losing game after game to the point we hit 23rd. We were almost about to lose sight of safety when we pulled it out yet again. We climbed back to safety and with some key victories against relegation zone contenders we went back to lower mid-table, where we finished in 17th.

League Cup was a good run, we beaten Torquay, Southampton and Newcastle before falling to Arsenal during one of our losing streaks.

League 1 side Hereford ended our FA Cup run at the first hurdle, we were never in the first leg but managed to hold a 0-0 draw, and then we lost the replay 2-0. Dismal performances.

As I said last entry we signed two Spanish strikers from Barca. Their first seasons couldn't have gone any differently.

Pelach. Dominating force, scored 21 goals from the inside left forward position, only just being shaded by Alvarez our main striker who got 26.

http://i47.tinypic.com/24b9aqg.jpg

Alosno: Complete and utter failure for inexplicable reasons. Scored 4 goals, suffered two 10 hour goal droughts (and is still in the 2nd one as of the end of the season). Has developed as a player okay, but just cannot perform on the pitch. If he doesn't shape up by the Jan window next season he's gonna get listed.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wfqq0l.jpg

Squad:

http://i50.tinypic.com/bhi23d.jpg

The rest of the new players fitted in quite well, Navarro the CB performed well, Mulholland slotted into midfield in a good way and the young players I bought played occasional games and did well and have developed in training.

I've listed 6 players. Tobi Ajiboye, complete garbage these days. Boyle, not good enough in the midfield to make any impact. Lee Richards, guy has come to the end of his useful life, out of his depth in the Championship. Deegan, not home grown, reached the end of his development period and I don't see him as a great option and is leaving for Hibs. Shaun Waters, been with me since Blue Square South, Championship is a level too high for him. Porter, our Ball Playing CB has spent the last 4 seasons underperforming and I've got a 16 year old Turk coming in to replace him as 2nd choice.

I'm going to need loan signings for next season. I want to fill the 6 spots (AMR, AML, AMC, DM, ST and a box to box MC) with them to reduce costs. Will always be looking for the 17 year olds though.

We aren't going to have enough money to expand the stadium at my request. I have to hope the newly installed Fan's Trust will do it anyway. We're maxing the stadium out all the time.

2014/15   BSS      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off final.
2016/17   BSS      4th         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP      3rd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP      1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title
2019/20   L2       1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2021/22   L1       1st         N/A        LC RU                 Won League Title
2022/23   CHP      17th        N/A        N/A                   N/A

I'd love to say that's the quickest it could possibly be done - but actually it could feasibly be done in one season less! If you were to win the FA cup as a championship team, you could then play in the champions league during your first top-flight season! Unlikely, but mathematically possible. Until then, I think I've topped the table though!

Thats a new one on me, I thought the FA Cup winners were just entered into the Europa league?

Thats a new one on me, I thought the FA Cup winners were just entered into the Europa league?

I think you're right actually - in which case I completed the challenge in the quickest time humanly possible :)

Swindon Supermarine.

Season 2012/13.

Blue Square Bet South.

Transfers.

Transfers In: Mukhtar Mohammed (Thurrock, free transfer), Craig Mahon (Vauxhall Motors, free transfer), Matt Ferdinando (Woking, free transfer)

Transfers Out: Nick Jupp (Released), James Rae (Released), Luke Garton (Released), Danny Allen (Aston Villa, £1,000,000)

Loanees In:

Loanees Out:

Friendlies:

Staines 2 - 0 Supermarine.

On a better note, drew with the club's biggest rivals, Swindon Town, 1-1.

Division The Championship (2nd season)

Season 2023/2024

Expectations Safe Mid-Table(Media - 18th)

Finish 2nd - Automatic Promotion via League Position

Season 12 complete.

Wow. This was incredibly unexpected. In pre-season and after the first few games I was thinking I'd be lucky to achieve my board prediction and thought at best I might be able to snatch one of the last promotion spots.

Instead we made an incredible run from the bottom of the table in the 4th week to be in the playoff positions by December, then battled our way into 2nd and pulled away to take promotion with our vastly superior GD with 3 games to go and confirmed the promotion with 1 game to go. We never had a chance of catching David Moyes' Charlton, and I repeatedly lost the manager of the month title to him. He started beef with me so we've been going back and forth in the media slating each other since Christmas.

Position Graph:

http://i46.tinypic.com/33xitja.jpg

League Table:

http://i45.tinypic.com/9bm2vl.jpg

Financially we are in a reasonbly good position even with our £122,000 stadium expansion loan. We had an extensive pre-season campaign that netted a considerable sum of money. The stadium increase also helped improve our financial ability. What mattered the most was our activity in the transfer market. We sold 5 players for just under £5 million pounds most of which was in direct payments. With promotion comes an vertiable bounty worth 10's of millions to the club.

The 2nd half the season held two very long unbeaten runs. The first was a 13 game streak that was broken with a 1-2 loss against Champions Charlton. The 2nd was 9 games after the Charlton loss. A 4 game winning streak at the end of the season secured the promotion.

League Cup was good run. We beat Gillingham, Peterborough (who went into administration during the year and lost 10 points but will remain in the league) and Watford before falling 3-1 to EPL Blackburn.

Blackburn were our nemesis in the FA Cup as well, taking us down 5-3. We'd pulled back from 3-1 down to 3-3 with 10 minutes to go. They scored 2 in injury time to knock us out. I hadn't realised it was a cup match, I'd have taken the 3-3 back to our stadium instead of pushing for a winner against what I stupidly thought was a promotion rival. Oh well.

Pelach again dominated the left wing, scoring 23 goals with 14 assists before a knee strain knocked him out of the laters of the campaign.

Alvarez dismantled defence after defence, scoring 33 before he had his leg broken by Brighton with a dozen games to play. He won't be back until the very start of next season.

Alonso was one of the players sold. I got £2 million for him from Serie B Padova, who have got much better use out of him than I ever did. Swansea offered £1.5m for Laslo the keeper, and I took it knowing that keepers aren't that hard to find and I had a very capable player in that position to take over.

The youth revolution continued, as we introduced 16, 17 and 18 year old players into the lineup. They performed admirably. The wing-back positions being of particular note, we've got 3 execellent prospects there. Our central defence lineup is looking good as well.

Last but not least is John Hattrell. The Canadian AMRL/ST who I got on a free transfer for a team record £475,000 a year. He has repaid that in spades. He is now worth £5.5 million. Despite only coming in December, he's got 14 assists and 20 goals, an AvR of 7.80 and scored around 13 goals when he was pushed up front when Alvarez broke his leg.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i56ka8.jpg

As of now we have 4 players coming in next season already. A Spanish MC named Jesus who will be our 1st or 2nd choice box to box midfielder, a 17 year old French/Algerian AMR/ST who is rated 4.5 stars who I hope will develop well, and a 5 star potential French/Mauritanian ST AMRL who I want to develop into our 2nd choice AMC. We also have a loan striker who looks like they will do a job for us off the bench.

Scouting continues unabated. I want another DL, GK and maybe another ST. All under 18 of course.

Squad:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2821g1h.jpg

2023/24   CHP      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via League Position

won't post it now so as not to spoil my end of season update (for anyone that actually cares), but I've just had the single most heroic performance from my team on any incarnation of CM/FM. Unbelievable Jeff!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6d6myYEMrm2Kzb6wzlHb9AP2VLGAUTuEQtVyn0zwwuM_x1ald

Canvey Island FC - Season 2018/19 - Barclays Premiership

League

Made yet more additions to the squad, notably a very good keeper, a centre-mid and a couple of young centre-backs. Consequently we started slowly, with the Europa League as well causing havoc given that there are barely any players who have come through the youth team. We picked up our form in November and gradually began to claw back the gap between us and the top 6. By this point Man Utd (who would go on to lose just 2 matches - 1 to us) were running away with the league, already 10 points clear of Arsenal. After Christmas we went on a great run that saw us overhaul Liverpool, then Chelsea to go 4th. Going into the final two games of the season, we needed just one point to secure a Champions League place - the only issue was that we were away to Chelsea then home to champions United. Somehow, a smash and grab performance saw us come from 3-0 down to draw at Chelsea, before our reserves beat United 3-1.

Final position: 4th - Qualified for Champions League (Winners = Man Utd)

League Table

Domestic Cups

Some kind draws (include an 8-1 demolition of Wolves) saw us reach the semis of the FA Cup with relative ease, only to lose to Man United as a result of an unfortunate own goal. In the Carling Cup, we had an equally nice run to the semis, before putting out Fulham and comfortably beating Sunderland in the Final

FA Cup: lost in the Semi-Final to Man United (0-1)

League Cup: Winners beating Sunderland - (4-1)

Europe

Whilst our draws at home were nothing short of wonderful, FM fate evened it up, putting little Canvey Island in the group of death with Valencia, Napoli and Standard Liege (Valencia have one of the best attacks in the game at the moment). Our first two games, away to Napoli then Valencia, saw us somehow come away with narrow wins having taken our chances and held out well. We continued to win every other game in the group other than an inexplicable 0-0 draw with Standard Liege. Then things really got interesting...

In the first knockout round we were paired with Young Boys who were nothing compared even to Liege, and went down as easily as expected. Dinamo Moscow followed, but two early away goals meant that we could pick them off on the counter with minimal fuss. Saint Etienne pushed us closer in the Quarter Final, but we came away with yet another deserved victory, meaning that we were to face Roma in the semis. At this point, our Europa League squad consisted of just 16 players (having had to name 8 youth players). In the game against Saint Etienne, centre back Lamine Koné got injured for 3 months. In the week before the Roma game, our playmaker Carlos Miguel joined him (4 months), as did our centre back Keita (3 months) and right back Hoey (5 weeks).

First leg: We went 1-0 up thanks to a nice strike from Pelaez before their right winger twice cut through our youth team left back to put them 2-1 up. In the last 5 minutes I sent on a second striker who set one up before scoring with the last kick of the game to give us a priceless 3-2 advantage.

Second leg: The most unbelievable game I have ever played on FM. Another man went down to injury before the game, leaving us fielding just 10 first team players (2 of which were horribly out of position), and a youth team player. 3 minutes in and Della Marca had to be subbed off. We somehow took the lead from a header off a free-kick from captain N'Diaye... 4 minutes before the interval, our left winger then hobbled back to the changing rooms, before N'Diaye also took an injury in the second half, leaving us with just ten on the field, three of whom were utterly hopeless. And then we scored a second through an excellent counter. They pulled one back, but we progressed to the final with the most injury-hit of injury-hit squads.

Roma 1-2 Canvey Island

Final: Schalke were our opponents, surely it would be an easier ride? The team was a wreck, the only surviving starters being our keeper Porchia, striker Pelaez, midfielder Reis and wingers Quevedo and Martinez. We went ahead after 10 minutes through a header from centre back Dario Piras, only to be pegged back by an unfortunate own goal from Porchia. A minute after the interval, Pelaez was sent off for an elbow, but try though they might, Schalke simply couldn't score and the game went to penalties. Piras had a chance to clinch it with the fifth penalty, but did a John Terry and bottled it. Finally, holding mid Maxymov slotted his penalty home to complete an incredible tournament win for Canvey.

Schalke 1-1p Canvey Island

Players of the Season

Squad

A few standout players this year. Massimiliano Porchia played superbly in goal, living up to his £11m transfer fee, whilst Quevedo produced assist after assist from the right wing. Carlos Miguel had an excellent season up until his injury, whilst Orlando Pelaez was clinical up front.

Top goalscorer: Orlando Pelaez, 44 (27 in League)

Most assists: Jonathan Quevedo, 44 (24 in League)

2018/19 Season Thoughts:

The core of the team is quite good now so there probably won't be wholesale changes. We could use a really good DM - I have my eyes on someone but they'll be expensive, and City are also sniffing around Pelaez. Could still use two top full backs as well, but otherwise the squad is looking good.

Season    League   Position  Europe             Cups                          Other
2012/13   BSS      1st       N/A                FAC 1st, FAT 4th              BSS Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent)
2013/14   BSP      2nd       N/A                FAC 3rd, FAT 1st              Promoted via playoffs, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent) 
2014/15   L2       1st       N/A                FAC 3rd, JPT 2nd, LC 1st      Winner, L2 Manager, Player of the Season (Bill Paul)
2015/16   L1       1st       N/A                FAC 3rd, JPT 3rd, LC 1st      Winner, L2 Manager, Player of the Season (Bill Paul)
2016/17   CH       1st       N/A                FAC 4th, LC 3rd               Winner, CH Manager of the Season
2017/18   PL       5th       N/A                FAC Final, LC QF              PL Manager of the Season
2018/19   PL       4th      Europa Winners      FAC Semi, LC Winner           PL Manager of the Season 

that was an awesome read, second leg was epic. Congrats on the win.

I've just came within 2 points of winning the premiership (O_o) came down to the last game of the season but United won their match... (the ****ers)

I'll update here tomorrow as I'm a season behind here (~_~#)

EDIT:

quick catchup post:

Redditch United

Season 10 - 2021/2022 - Barclays Premiership (2nd season)

BadgeRedditch_United.png

Board expectations: avoid relegation. (media prediction was 17th)

My expectations: Possible top half finish

Final Position: 7th (euro cup qual)

FA Cup: Champions (Redditch 1-0 Man City)

League Cup: Semi final (Man City 3-1 Redditch)

Things started out really promising with a great preseason showing including a 6-0 victory over Fiorentina. 8 goals scored and none conceded after 3 premiership games I was hopeful of a good campaign. We started to really come into our own after Christmas with 8 games undefeated runs happening twice and storming runs through both cups. Sean Irwin started to settle in, Jessen started to perform better and it was a big money season for us :

Cvijanovic left for Swansea for a tasty 10.5 million after joining us in League 2. Odd-Geir Birknes also left for 4.8m finding a new home at Norwich. Robin Andersson joined for 5.3m and Carl Gardner moved from West Ham for a tiny 2.9m to strut his stuff, by the end of the season Gardner would have 'wonderkid' status and prove to be one of the greatest bargains I have ever signed in a FM game :D

Highlight of the season

Finishing Higher than I expected and grabbing a Euro Cup place. Winning Premiership Manager of the season for the first time and signing Gardner. Seeing Jessen win young player of the month 5 times in one season O_o

Oh and beating Man City for the FA Cup

Lowpoint of the season

I dont think there was one. It was a great one all round. if I had to pick one it would be Aidan O'Neill turing out to be a bit of a flop. His pottential nose dived and he left soon after the season ended.

[url="http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Astroturddan2/FM12/DanLeStrangeOverview_Information.png"]June 24th Screen shot [/url]
Season     Division                    Position          Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square North         [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13bsn.png"]12th[/url]               Mid table                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13best11.png"]best eleven[/url].  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart1.png"]transfers[/url]1  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart2.png"]2[/url]

2013/14 Blue Square North         [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14bsn.png"]1st[/url]               Champions                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url].  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2014/15 Blue Square Premier       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15bsP.png"]4th[/url]               Top half finish                      [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2015/16 Blue Square Premier       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16BSPchampions.png"]1st[/url]               Champions                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2016/17 nPower League 2           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17np2promotion.png"]5th[/url]              Playoffs-Promotion                [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2017/18 nPower League 1           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18np1straightpromotionchampions.png"]1st[/url]              Shock Champions                 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2018/19 nPower Championship      [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19championship.png"]10th[/url]           Surprise mid finish                 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2019/20 nPower Championship      [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Player screens/npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-3.png"]1st[/url]             Surprise Domination              [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/RedditchHistory_BestEleven-2.png"]best eleven[/url]   [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Player screens/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

2020/21 Barclays Premiership       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]14th [/url]         Unconvincing mid table           best eleven   [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

2021/22 Barclays Premiership       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]7th[/url]         convincing mid table         [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2021-2022 redditch prem/RedditchHistory_BestEleven.png"]best eleven[/url]   [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2021-2022 redditch prem/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

Division English Premier Division (1st season)

Season 2024/2025

Expectations Avoid Relegation (Media - 20th)

Finish 9th

Season 13 complete.

An extremely good debut season in the Premier League.

The first half of the season was exceptional, after our good start we loitered around positions 4-7 and were challenging for a European spot. Of course, our tactics got cracked in January so we suddenly couldn't buy a point. But by that time we had secured our position in the top flight for next season so it wasn't a massive issue. We dropped from 6th with 10 games to go down to 9th by the end but we still put in good performances and did win our 3rd last game 7-1 against Villa.

The beef with Moyes continued even as he left relegated Charlton to join 13th placed Everton. Although I accidentally said once that we get on well, so now he thinks the two of us could become friends. Which is a bit odd considering we've been giving each other **** for years now.

Position Graph:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29wobro.jpg

League Table:

http://i48.tinypic.com/21cvwk9.jpg

League Cup we were out in 1, as we lost 3-2 away to Sheffield United. Came back from 2-0 down to be 2-1 late on, they scored an 88th minute winner and we got a consolation during injury time. Pretty **** match. I think I played younger players in this one.

FA Cup we were out in the 3rd round after a replay against Norwich. For some reason they were all over us (we played them 3 times in 4 games) and we were constantly on the backfoot. We scraped a 2-2 draw in the first leg at home, then lost the replay 4-3 away. We then played them in the Premier League and got another ****** 2-2 draw.

I asked for and was given facility improvements. The board decided on a 5,325 seat expansion that will take the stadium to 16,035 (costing £6.5m) from it's existing 10,690, and the training/youth facilities will cost £4.7m. We have £11.5 million in the bank now.

The usual suspects popped up again as our best players. Pelach getting 18 goals from AML, Hattrell getting 13 and 21 assists from AMR. Hatttrell has to be one of the best players in the game, 5 star rating, has City and United both sniffing around. He's only got a £10m release clause but I'm hoping keeping his asking price at £100m will keep them away long enough for me to sign him to a new contract. The board are being idiots and despite us being about 5m under the budget they won't let me pay him the 3 mil a season he wants.

Alvarez hit 12 in a season curtailed by injury, he only played 20 games. I'm at a cross roads with him, his contract runs out in a few months and I've got some transfers coming in. He's a club icon, and I know the board and fans will give me **** if I release him. I might just sign him for another 5 years just to keep him around, I don't think he wants a lot of money.

I also bought an AMC from River, well, I got him on loan, and have arranged a transfer to us at the end of the season. He scored 17 goals and 8 assists playing mostly at AMC (occasionally stepped in up front due to injuries)

http://i47.tinypic.com/14w99o9.jpg

We didn't sell anyone this season. I sent my 2nd choice keeper on loan (which I hope doesn't **** up his club ownership status) and an un-needed older CB who will be leaving after the season ends.

I have several players coming to the club, a few strikers and a DM.

The biggest name coming in is Graham Howson, a 20 year old wonderkid striker from Manchester United who was transfer listed by request. Got him for £4.5m over 4 years. He's the reason I'm erring on re-signing Alvarez. He's not super quick but he'll do well up front. If I can squeeze out another couple of pace points he'll do an extremely good job I hope.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2i7r2aw.jpg

I'm now scouting more than just the continent. I am looking in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico with the new scouts I was able to sign. I have 23 now.

I want a good young DR, but I will need to look at finding another AMC to replace my 2nd choice AMC Bordaberry, and probably a long-term replacement for my box to box midfielder.

I won Manager of the Year

Squad:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2arqds.jpg

2023/24   CHP      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL       9th         N/A        N/A                   N/A

Worksop 2029/30

Table

Positions

League Cup - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

CL - Winners

The season started slowly with the team taking time to get going but by 2/3rds of the season they hit top spot where they remained to clinch the title and complete the challenge. The reserves won the league cup along with the euro super cup and world club cup. The FA cup was won again.

In the CL the team cruised through the group and faced Sevilla in the 1st KO, after a surprise 2-0 loss the team came back to win 3-0 at home. Juventus were beaten in the quarters and Man city lost 5-0 in the home leg of the semi's. The final was equally one-sided.

The finances are ok with 50 million in the bank although the shareholders keep taking out large sums each year, i keep hoping for a new stadium as the current one of 12535 is laughable for a team with a worldwide rep.

Squad

Transfers 1 2

There were only free transfers in although Zubov is a wonderkid. Leaving were Ghoul (21 apps) who while a good player was incredibly injury prone else he would have played twice as many games for worksop. Berger (4 apps in 5 years) was 3rd or 4th choice keeper and i was surprised to get so much when i offered him around for 5 million. Taleb (25 apps, 2 goals) was another good player but not up to the level to make it as a first teamer.

The goalies and defenders did ok with standing out. In midfield most of the midfielders were generally effective without really impressing, Shabaan was one of the exceptions and Brandt had his best ever season, the most assists and highest rating since he joined in L2 12 seasons ago.

Up front only 3 strikers really played very much with all doing well in patches although Santamaria scored a lot in the cup competitions against poor opposition.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners
2016/17        L2            14th         1st Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - Qtr-f      N/A                    None
2017/18        L2            6th          3rd Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - 2nd Rd     N/A                    Lost in playoff Final
2018/19        L2            3rd          3rd Rd            LC - 3rd Rd/JPT - N- Final   N/A                    Automatic promotion
2019/20        L1            1st          5th Rd            LC - 1st Rd/JPT - Winners    N/A                    League Winners, JPT Winners
2020/21        CMP           11th         3rd Rd            LC - 4th Rd                  N/A                    None
2021/22        CMP           11th         3rd Rd            LC - 4th Rd                  N/A                    None    
2022/23        CMP           3rd          6th Rd            LC - Winners                 N/A                    Promoted via playofffs, LC winners
2023/24        Prem          8th          Winners           LC - 3rd Rd                  EC - QTR-final         FA Cup winners
2024/25        Prem          5th          5th Rd            LC - Winners                 EC - Winners           LC winners, Euro Cup Winners
2025/26        Prem          4th          Winners           LC - 4th Rd                  EC - QTR-Final         FA Cup winners
2026/27        Prem          2nd          6th Rd            LC - 3rd Rd                  CL - QTR-Final         None
2027/28        Prem          3rd          Semi-final        LC - 3rd Rd                  CL - 1st KO Rd         None
2028/29        Prem          4th          Semi-final        LC - Winners                 CL - Winners           LC winners, CL winners
2029/30        Prem          1st          Winners           LC - Winners                 CL - Winners           Clean Sweep

Long time no post in this thread. I'm in my first season of league one, coming to a close with almost my entire squads contracts running out and no way to offer them decent new ones as I have managed to go about £5k over budget p/w. It's crippling us financially and its the first time I've not been properly in control of the finances after not really caring about transfers in the past season properly. Could mean a full squad rebuild, something I'm looking forward to as it should give my game a new lease of life and the players are pretty poor anyway. We should finish just above the drop zone, and after a squad rebuild, we should be battling the top half a lot more next year.

Have you tried offering the players key squad status? There's a lot of 'wiggle room' over the budget if you use that. Eventually you will hit a point where you can't offer anything, but it can be useful if your board is being tight and don't give you any cash for wages.

Redditch United

Season 11 - 2022/2023 - Barclays Premiership (3rd season)

BadgeRedditch_United.png

Board expectations: Mid Table (media prediction was 11th)

My expectations: Top half finish

Final Position: 2nd (Champions league qual)

FA Cup: Champions (Redditch 3 -2 Brighton)

Community Shield: Lost (Man City p0-0 Redditch)

What a season, a shaky start but by 12 games we found ourselves in 4th and the only was was up (past positions). Man U seemed unbeatable and comfortably sat in 1st for almost the entire season but a string of sloppy games around near February saw them lose some steam. Eventually it came down to the last day (one fixture remaining). We needed Swansea to beat United and to grab a win at home against Chelsea, a no hoper really, but after a Swansea pulled ahead around 15 minutes in I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little hopeful. ok... very hopeful. As the matches came to an end though (88 minutes goal report) it was obvious two goals from Swansea was too big of a task. We had done our best though and2nd was an amazing finish for us.

Cups: The Community Shield we lost on penaltys to ManCity. The Fa Cup we stormed and for the second year running brought it home. Lost in the semifinals to Spurs in both the Euro Cup and the League cup meaning I played them a LOT this season.

Awards: I won the Premiership Manager of the season for the second year running which rose my reputation to worldwide woohoo.

Sean Irwin came 3rd in players player of the year, 2nd in Premiership top scorer, first Redditch player to make the Prem Team of the year (sub) and busted Redditch records all over the place with 48 goals in 58 appearances. He also cemented himself as an England 1st team player.

Highlight of the season

3 players descriptions changed to wonderkid :eek: meaning I now have 4 wonderkids at the club, I have never been so lucky with signings in any FM game before. Delighted. The 4 players currently showing as wonderkids are:

Gardner arrived last season for a bargain 2.9 mil

Mendonca arrived at the start of the season for a risky3.7mil (the fans and board actually complained about the signing)

Coric Championship signing 3 or so seasons ago arrived for 575k as a hot prospect

Paleso Spotted almost 3 seasons ago I snapped him up for 900k but had to wait until he turned 18 so he could join us. now here and showing as wonderkid #4

Lowpoint of the season

Honestly this season was a blast from start to finish, I guess if I had to pick a low point it would be Man Uniteds dominance stopping us winning he league, they were unstoppable.

Transfers

25 million was spent on players.... never thought I'd get to say that back a few seasons ago :D

I guess I'll just mention the ones I think could be big un's:

[/url]

Jarbas after a fruitless search I was panicking for a rightback, 13+ million was chucked at Rubin kazan and Jarbas joined us. Smashed the record transfer fee :o

Alexander Luz 2.9 million for the 17 year old German keeper. I will eat my hat if he doesn't turn out to be awesome.

Damien Joly Lyon didnt want to sell as they considered him a strong prospect but I was determined to grab this dude. 3 million finally sealed the deal.

Ronni Jorgensen grabbed him on a free, only appeared in under18 games yet major interest from Arsenal and Chelsea. Denmark has been very kind to me.

Outward transfers were quiet, Guo ge (was first choice DC) left for 5 million to Wolves so that Steffensen cold get more game time.

Full transfers screen

Next season's aims

Hopefully anything near the same performance would be nice.

Try hold on to the talent at the club as another few seasons to mature and we will be a serious force.

I'm maybe a little to hopeful after this season, hopefully we dont fall apart.

[url="http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Astroturddan2/FM12/DanLeStrangeOverview_Information.png"]June 24th Screen shot [/url]
Season Division Position Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square North [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13bsn.png"]12th[/url] Mid table [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13best11.png"]best eleven[/url]. [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart1.png"]transfers[/url]1 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart2.png"]2[/url]

2013/14 Blue Square North [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14bsn.png"]1st[/url] Champions [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url]. [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2014/15 Blue Square Premier [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15bsP.png"]4th[/url] Top half finish [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2015/16 Blue Square Premier [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16BSPchampions.png"]1st[/url] Champions [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2016/17 nPower League 2 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17np2promotion.png"]5th[/url] Playoffs-Promotion [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2017/18 nPower League 1 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18np1straightpromotionchampions.png"]1st[/url] Shock Champions [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2018/19 nPower Championship [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19championship.png"]10th[/url] Surprise mid finish [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2019/20 nPower Championship [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Player screens/npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-3.png"]1st[/url] Surprise Domination [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/RedditchHistory_BestEleven-2.png"]best eleven[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Player screens/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

2020/21 Barclays Premiership [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]14th [/url] Unconvincing mid table best eleven [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

2021/22 Barclays Premiership [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/update 2021/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]7th[/url] convincing mid table [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2021-2022 redditch prem/RedditchHistory_BestEleven.png"]best eleven[/url] [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2021-2022 redditch prem/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

2022/23 Barclays Premiership [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2022/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]2nd[/url] runner up best eleven [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Premiership/2022/RedditchTransfers_History.png"]transfers[/url]

Have you tried offering the players key squad status? There's a lot of 'wiggle room' over the budget if you use that. Eventually you will hit a point where you can't offer anything, but it can be useful if your board is being tight and don't give you any cash for wages.

Yeh, way past that point - at a stage where I could only offer players £95p/w (budget was £19k, I had them on £24.5k ish), so the board were having none of it. It's a good thing, cleared out a tonne of rubbish and brought in some better players demanding lesser wages. Managed to get a couple of my best current players on lesser contracts too, so all is a bit more stable now that we are matching our £17k budget.

Bought an incredible CB from inter for a silly high amount (approx 24million) so he could tutor the youths and hopefully give us the boost in defence to challenge for the title.... first match scored an own goal, second match red card = 3 match ban and I'm still getting news items over it :( with the fans calling me out on it and the board cracking up. Not so fun.

Then to cheer me up Villaescusa (old screen) just changed to wonderkid in his description :eek: thats 5 at the club now, delighted.

The future is looking good for Redditch :thup:

Edit: make that 6 Alexander Luz has changed to wonderkid too. Is the wonderkid description more common in 12, the last FM I played properly was FML and the 'wonderkid' description was rare as hell. FM09 and 10 were the same, most I ever had at a club was 2 (maybe 3 but I cant remember). 6 potential world class players this cheap and for Redditch just seems too good to be true :cool:

Just signed up specifically so i could take part in this thread. I was doing a similar challenge on another site but wasn't allowed to sign players things.. didn't go great. Promoted season 1, relegated then had a squad of useless players with no hope lol (No-one would renew contracts and youth was pathetic). Anyway currently waiting for the year to simulate then will be doing the 1day holiday hoping to get Frome will settle for Totton though if need be.

Will post up later today with the screenshot of profile and hopefully end of first season (wife & kids away for the night xD) Not sure how many saves it will have though as for some reason my pc keeps crashing when I play FM12 will try to restrict it to once every other month though. Wish me luck :)

I've missed this game. Though the thread seems to be dead, I'm going to continue my game. The reason I stopped was because I lost the newest version of my game which knocked me back about two years, and they were two good years. So I will now attempt to pick up a game which is a couple of years back from where I left it, with players who I will not remember very well! This WILL be a challenge. Will shortly post a "state of play" post and would appreciate any advice!

Thousands of reloads (well about 14hr straight on day1, 8hrs day2 and an hour a day since) Still havent got one of the two teams I wanted. Going to try again tomorrow and will have to accept anything below 1k since it doesn't look like i'll get my wish of one of the two worst teams :( If anyone has got them on a save regardless of the year pls upload a save file.

I was tempted to modify there rep holiday 1 day and reduce there rep again but figured that would mess something up so going to take the honest path :p

Oxford City (Rep:1000)

League: Blue Square North (Season 2012/2013)

Board expectations: Avoid relegation (Media predicted 22nd)

Final position: 6th (Graph)

F.A Cup: First Round (Oxford City 1-4 MK Dons)

Fixture list 1 Fixture List 2

This was my first season in charge of Oxford junior and I decided to restructure the whole squad. By the time the official transfer window had closed i had signed a complete new squad of players: Transfers

After an exciting first game of the season (Oxford City v.s FC Halifax) I was left feeling as though this could be an interesting year, which was later proved to be right.

With a poor start to the season leaving us 20th after 8 games, A team meeting was called which shaped the next 4 months of our campaign. The inspiring meeting hurled us towards the top half of the division and after twice the games, we were in the play offs! We looked unstoppable in the league and broke the club record for most games unbeaten in a row and after a run that stretched from late September to early January I truly believed we were destined for promotion. The players had other ideas...

In the next 16 games we managed to pick up a measly 14 points! Somehow managing to keep us in the top half but left us 4 points out of the play offs with only 5 games to go; including games against 2nd and 3rd placed teams Barrow and Stalybridge.

After loosing to Stalybridge, a change of tactics helped us win the other 3 games and we were left to play Barrow on the final day of the season. A quick look at the league table revealed that we had to win and 2 of the 3 teams on joint points above us had to lose or draw.

Things wern't looking that well when Barrow took the lead in 7 minutes. But a first half hattrick from midfielder Liam Davison made it 3-1 at the half time whistle. As it stood, we could still finish 5th providing the scorelines didn't change. We marched out onto the field second half, full of confidence, putting another 3 past 2nd placed Barrow! Including a record breaking 4th from Davison. However, in the dying minutes of the game Chester managed to take the lead pushing us out of the play offs by one point. It was a valiant effort but our stumble mid season had proven costly. Our final position was 5th place. Barrow v.s Oxford City

Overall, considering our expectations and predictions I think its fair to say that we had a good first season and with the new 4-2-3-1 tactic employed we should have a more consistent season next year.

Just about to start the challenge. Do it most years, normally to try and re-kindle my interest in FM until the new one comes out. Game is holidaying as I type, will probably go with FC United but may change m mind as I read through some post on here while it loads.

Think I'm about to complete the challenge, finished 2nd in the Prem last season and won the Champions League

Blasted straight into this season spending big on defence. Now in January and on a six match win streak and a 6 point lead over 2nd place. Morale is super high and even though there has constantly been 4-5 long term injurys and terrible fixture congestion the team is rotating really well. Delighted.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself :/

Never did an update for last season so I'll just roll them into one or something.

EDIT: MISSION COMPLETE

:D:D Redditch celebrate famous quadruple :D:D

Dominated the Premiership but winning the CL again this season was a damn pleasant surprise.

Chelsea are unreal in my game, actually Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal are also unbelievable, Spurs scored 100 goals this season in the premiership and finished 5th O_o. So I guess the European clubs were a walk in the park compared to the competition in the Premiership. Still surprised we did it after losing 4-0 to Chelsea about 3 weeks before the final.

But to put it simply this Redditch game was the greatest game of FM I have ever played by far, what a ride.... I finally have my life back woohoo.

I'll try get screens or something up in a while but honestly I need a long break from anything FM related lol

I've restarted my Bradford Park Avenue game that I last played in December, as I have had a pretty decent journeyman career since.

After playing a couple of games we're fifth in League One in the 2015/16 season, with a good chance of getting through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup as we face non-league Colwyn Bay at home in the 2nd round. I'm giving a debut to a 16 year old striker who is marked with 5* for potential.

A 4th successive promotion is not on the cards for Bradford Park Avenue - we lost in the play-off final to Coventry as one of my midfielders thought the 110th minute was an excellent time to give away a penalty. :mad:

Full update to follow this evening.

Crispypaul (no.52)

Bradford Park Avenue

bradfordpa.png

2015/16

nPower League One

League: 5th

Enough for a play off spot but we lost to Coventry in the final. I released the player who gave away the penalty! :p

FA Cup: 5th round

Another good run, this time losing out to eventual winners Chelsea.

League Cup: 1st round

Hull beat us easily at the first stage again.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 1st round

Hull also took care of us in the JPT.

Key Players:

Zah Ansah - continued his rich vein of form and was voted the Fan's player of the season, however asking for a 500% increase in salary was too much so I let him go at the end of the season.

Thomas Cruise - started off performing Knight and Day but in the the end it proved Mission Impossible as he lost his place in the team

Cheick Dia - Arsenal loanee who pushed Cruise out of a starting spot

Alex Nilsson - Did well in a 4-4-2 with Ansah, or on his own in a 4-5-1

Sead Hajrovic - the Swiss centreback continued to marshal the defence.

Simon Johansen - versatile Danish defender/midfielder provided solidity

Aims for season

- Get promoted automatically

- Do a bit better in the JPT and League Cup for once

- Convince my board to let me scout outside the UK and Ireland once the takeover has been completed.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       BSN                 1st                        Champions, Promoted
2013/14       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FA Trophy Winners
2014/15       L2                   2nd                       Runners Up, Promoted
2015/16       L1                   5th                       Play off runners up

This will be interesting - I've noticed Norwich have been relegated to League One.

My wage budget is a maximum of £38.5k a week if I move the slider fully to the left and use up the transfer budget. We're currently spending £28k a week on wages.

Norwich, on the other hand, have one player on £29k a week, one on £38k a week, and another on an eye-watering £46.5k a week! Not sure how I'm going to cope with that one.

Oh and my new chairman still won't let me scout outside the UK and Ireland....

Right, big news.

I have got a new job which has required a relocation. My relocation, as it turns out, is to a house within 5 minutes walking distance from Tooting and Mitcham's stadium. Obviously I would therefore like to play with T&M in FM13, but I have a horrible feeling they might have been relegated - can anyone confirm this? I will also be buying a season ticket to go and watch T&M - so anyone (including dafuge) who has managed them - do let me know who I should be looking out for IRL!

Can anyone confirm whether T&M are likely to be a playable team in this iteration and indeed what my chances might be of picking them up without 1000 years' reloadin?

Thanks

PS Anyone who has been missing my Harrow game - I lost about 5 years of it, and when your game rewinds five years, it's hard to get back into! I will be posting my T&M save (if I can have one) in FM13's thread, albeit with less regularity than last time due to work commitments.

Quote from Wikipedia:

"Following a dismal start to the 2011–12 season Beard was relieved of his position in December 2011 and Kenny Brown was appointed the new manager. However the results got worse and Tooting were relegated at the end of the 2011–12 season."

Oh b******s. I was getting so excited about that. Would anyone massively object if I started just one tier below, assuming they quickly get promoted back to the Isthmian Premier League after holidaying? My laptop can easily handle one extra tier. Given that it's a special club to this thread, could an exception be made? Pleeeeeease? They will be literally on my doorstep in real life, and I plan to go to every game this season that doesn't clash with an Arsenal home game.....

Please, please, please, please?!?!?! (Final say goes to Dafuge on this matter, of course!)

PS Reason for absurdly timed post? Unable to sleep with the excitement of living on the doorstep of such a famous (well....on the forums) side! Sad, I know!

Division English Premier Division (3rd season)

Season 2026/2027

Expectations Safe Mid-Table (Media - 11th)

Finish 7th

Season 15 complete.

An exceptional season eventually reduced to mediocre due to a horror injury run which depleted the squad, cost us matches and caused the team's form and morale to get destroyed in the last quarter of the season.

We spent the majority of the year in the Champions League positions, only to drop out with 3 games to play. Our last 10 league games went WLWLLWLDDL, seeing us pick up only 11 points out of 30 and drop from 2nd to 7th, completely out of European qualification.

Can't be bothered doing anything else. We've hit our stadium expansion capacity at 17,000, which is always great for a 6 year old stadium.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2014/15   BSS     2nd      Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2016/17   BSS     4th      Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP     3rd      Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP     1st      Won League Title
2019/20   L2      1st       Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1      11th     JPT Winner  
2021/22   L1      1st       League Cup Runner Up, Won League Title
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2023/24   CHP     2nd       Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2025/26   EPL     8th        FA Cup Runner Up
2026/27   EPL     7th

Right, not played FM for 4 months but with the new season starting I'm getting the FM bug again. Have loaded up my Kingstonian save where I'm in Jan 2031, having just won my 3rd straight world club cup, I'm 6th in the league (having won twice in a row) 13 points off the top but with 4 games in hand. Am in the semi-final of the league cup, 3rd round of FA Cup about to start and have Real Madrid in the champions league (have won it 3 years in a row)

It's good to be back with these players of mine :cool: will re-start posting updates at end of the season

Archived