FM12 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

My mistake, the correct amount in 4.0 is 92,471 iirc (or somewhere around that figure). The discrepancy is easily explained by pointing out that the full file has had some incorrectly-assigned images and duplicates deleted, which are still present for whoever upgraded their file with the update packs. They will not be displayed in the game as the config ignores them.

Thanks for giving me an answer Mons, it was proper confusing me.

Keep up the great work lads :thup:

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the main site it says you've got a torrent, can someone point me in the right direction?
All Downloads available from fmdownloads.com (Free registration to sortitoutsi is required)

Click the download link from the OP, follow the instruction from the OP (registration required to download), click '4.00 Complete Pack', click 'get free mirrors', download the .torrent file.

so I download the megapack last year and got the update recommended to me by someone this year,

now I have update and fm11 pack saved in:

docs > si > graphics > players > faces

always reload skin on confirm - TICKED

use skin cache - UNTICKED

no faces appear??

when i was moving around files into one place i saw a picture of tony hibbert (only player i recognized) so i decided to check whether he had his face or not, and he doesnt have the normal silhouette that they have when they dont have a face, he just has a blank space

help!?

so I download the megapack last year and got the update recommended to me by someone this year,

now I have update and fm11 pack saved in:

docs > si > graphics > players > faces

always reload skin on confirm - TICKED

use skin cache - UNTICKED

no faces appear??

when i was moving around files into one place i saw a picture of tony hibbert (only player i recognized) so i decided to check whether he had his face or not, and he doesnt have the normal silhouette that they have when they dont have a face, he just has a blank space

help!?

I suspect you have two separate folders. You should only have ONE folder containing all 92,000+ images plus a config.xml file.

excellent pack !

thank you very much.

I want to know how i can add manually Mbaye Niang face because its not included in the pack.

There's a thread on the sortitoutsi forum linked to in the OP on how to add new images to your pack. Easier to check that rather than just typing it all out again :thup:

mons / rowan - can you edit the OP with a link to the icons pack please?

Done :)

Hi i am having a real problem with my Facepack megapack i have downloaded, When i first got fm12 i downloaded some (not cut-out) facepacks and put them in my created graphics file, and they have worked just fine, but since then i have downloaded the whole version of the megapack from fmdownloads. It took about an hour to download put the file through winrar and pasted it into my graphics folder but when i load the game all the faces are still blank (including mine). Am i missing a trick here ?? if anyone can help please. Thanks

Are you operating both the megapack and the facepacks you downloaded previously, at the same time?

Looks to me like there's some sort of config error.

Can you remove the previously downloaded packs and check if the megapack works then? If it doesn't, could you please check in your megapack folder? You should have 92,450 images (or something around that figure, off the top of my head) plus a config.xml file.

Nope, all in one folder.

Which folder did you place the MP in?

I have no config.xml file either.

Where did you download it from? I suggest you download the 4.00 update pack and use the config.xml contained therein.

Hey Mons, i was going to download the complete 4.0 pack and then notice i have a huge 'sortitoutsi' face pack already saved on my computer from FM11... The problem is, i don't know which update i have.

The folder i have has around 72,397 and is 3.40GB. Will that be up to 3.05, 3.06, 3.07, 3.10 or what?

If you can help, much appreciated.

Hey Mons, i was going to download the complete 4.0 pack and then notice i have a huge 'sortitoutsi' face pack already saved on my computer from FM11... The problem is, i don't know which update i have.

The folder i have has around 72,397 and is 3.40GB. Will that be up to 3.05, 3.06, 3.07, 3.10 or what?

If you can help, much appreciated.

Check the spoiler at the bottom of the Megapack Home thread on sortitoutsi. Each update has the date in which it was released next to it. Now, check the properties of the config.xml file in your MP folder. The date last modified should correspond to one of the dates in the list. Download all subsequent update, up to and including the 4.00 update and apply them in order. Remember, you should only have one folder. Accept all overwrite warnings.

The link on the first page, it is 4.00, as I never had any older packs as it's a new laptop, that's correct isn't it?

Should be, but it depends. How many images in all do you have in your pack?

There is a 4.00 update pack for those who were up-to-date. It includes the same config.xml which you're missing. If you download the update pack and only use the config.xml from it, it should do the trick :thup:

Don't know if I'm explaning it well.

okay, everything is working here for me, except that the colors using the new color skin option thing for attributes keeps resetting to default.

however, I have 1 big question..

IS IT NORMAL, that the game becomes much slower both at startup but also doing games, after I've installed the megapack 4.0 (with 92k pictures) .. obviously it would seem so, but, can it be countered somehow??

I'd much prefer a fast/smooth game, than 92k pictures of players I never need to look at ...

okay, everything is working here for me, except that the colors using the new color skin option thing for attributes keeps resetting to default.

however, I have 1 big question..

IS IT NORMAL, that the game becomes much slower both at startup but also doing games, after I've installed the megapack 4.0 (with 92k pictures) .. obviously it would seem so, but, can it be countered somehow??

I'd much prefer a fast/smooth game, than 92k pictures of players I never need to look at ...

Untick "Always Reload Skin On Confirm" and use the "Skin Cache" instead.

It wouldn't be slowing actual gameplay down at all. It does however slow the initial game startup a bit, but if the game is running slower than usual that must be another issue.
Thanks, you are right, the startup is a lot slower, but during gameplay is the same... problem was my anti-virus program updating at the same time . :D doh

Hello people, it seems that I don't have a graphics folder for my FM2012 to put the facepack in, how is that possible?? Does the installation with steam has something to do with this?

you can just create the folder yourself and then add the facepack etc into it.

New question here:

I have all the pics looking perfect with one exception: my own manager pic. It's much smaller than the others, so the little program that makes the pics bigger doesn''t work on the manager profile screen. Is there anything I can do to make that pic the same size as all the others? (I've put my manager pic in the same folder as the megapics and added the code to the config already)

I have downloaded via torrent. I have unpacked in the correct directory. and have un ticked and ticked the correct boxes in the pref screen and STILL no pics. Any suggestions.

I have the .xml file I have all 92,000+ pics and nothing seems to work.

HELP!!!!

Edit: OK I have just transfered the pics from the default directory to a User made one and the pics now work perfectly.

Still unsure why they didn't work in the default directory tho.

Nice pack. one question, all my default pics that come with game have disappeared even though mega-pack pics work. Any ideas?
Simple. The Megapack pictures overwrite the ones that come with the game. (for example: Messi's photo from the Megapack overwrites the one that comes with the game)

Hi folks,

I'm stuck - I paid the £10 sortitoutsi subscription for the easy direct download. But i've downloaded it twice now and each time it I can't open/extract/do anything with it - as soon as I try I get a "missing central directory" error.

Any help much appreciated..............

Also - on another note. I'm planning to have a stab at adjusting the skin a little - am I better off doing that first and then "updating" the game with extra leagues/competitions, facepacks, kits, logos etc. Or vice-versa?

Nope, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see them.

Hmmm, strange.

What download method did you use to get the files? What was the size of the final file? How many images do you have in all in the MP folder?

I don't know if it makes a difference in this particular case, but did you untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm from within the preferences?

Hi folks,

I'm stuck - I paid the £10 sortitoutsi subscription for the easy direct download. But i've downloaded it twice now and each time it I can't open/extract/do anything with it - as soon as I try I get a "missing central directory" error.

Any help much appreciated..............

Also - on another note. I'm planning to have a stab at adjusting the skin a little - am I better off doing that first and then "updating" the game with extra leagues/competitions, facepacks, kits, logos etc. Or vice-versa?

Re: your first question - what is the size of the file you are getting? What program are you using to extract it? iirc, it's 4.16gb and I recommend using winrar to extract it.

Re: your second question. It makes no difference which way you do things. I reckon it'd be better, actually, if you downloaded the custom graphics first, so that you can modify the skin while having them in place already.

Hmmm - okay tried with Winrar - it extracts it but only after giving an error message of "the file is corrupt". Seemed to unpack anyway though. File size before extraction was 4.37gb. I can open up the extracted folder and see lots of photos plus a config.xml file. I can't see an option to open it in wordpad/similar so can't count how many lines it has. It has lots of photos but i'm not sure i'd say it has 90000odd photos.

Not sure what to do now...........

Any OS should have a ready display of how many files are in the folder. If it's 92,000-odd, you should be fine.

If the file is corrupt, you might have to download it again. Did you use a download manager?

Hello everyone. I am trying to download the Facepacks for the first time on my Mac. Do i need to download every pack (20 on Easyshare) before i extract the files. I would really appreciate if somebody

could talk me through what I have to do as I have been trying for years and never managed to install Facepacks. Also on my Mac do I need to use 'unarchiver' if so what do i do with it. Come on guys please help a desperate man out.

Tyrone, just download it via torrent, it's much easier. Once you get the whole file, extract it using the Unarchiver and there's a readme file inside explaining clearly what you have to do.

Archived