• Last Reply

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2028/2029

Challenge Completed

Season Overview

League Finish - 2nd

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 32892

Lost the German Supercup against FC Bayern but won the European Supercup against Juventus.

Transfers

Same tactic as last year. Signed Adilson Dembo who should turn into a decent backup player and Nuno Santos who i hope will replace Madson in the next few years if i continue playing this save.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Team of the Year

Handled the season well until it mattered. We went in our last 2 games with a 6 points advantage. We lost away to relegated Osnabruck and to Dortmund losing the title to Bayern who had better goal difference. It sucked, it really sucked.

German Cup

Fixtures

Had a good run that was stopped in the final by FC Bayern.

Champions League

Dream Team

Fixtures

Group Stage

Got out of the group stage with 2 games left to play which was pretty good. Did not lose any game altough Man Utd got close to beat us in our second game but it finished 3-3.

1st Knockout Round - At. Madrid got in our way again but this time we were ready for them. 0-0 at home and a 2-2 away.

Quarter Finals - Next was Arsenal who could not resist us and we won both games, first one away 3-0 and the second one at home 2-0.

Semi-Finals - Man Utd came again in the semifinals. 3-0 away and a 4-3 win at home gave us a chance at winning the competition.

Final - AC Milan didn't play any better than the other teams against us and we won the Champions League with an easy 4-1 victory over them.

It's worth saying that we had some of our first team players injured during our knockout rounds assault. I'm glad that the backup players played well and we managed to win the competition.

The Squad

Key Players

Lucas Roa - <40(2) Apps, 37 Goals, 11 Assists, 14 MoM, 7.80Av R>

Hugo Cano - <46 Apps, 9 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.40 Av R>

Gil - <51 Apps, 10 Goals, 12 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.31 Av R>

Nabil Dubois - <48 Apps, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.28 Av R>

André - <45(3) Apps, 10 Goals, 21 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.27 Av R>

Joel - <36(1) Apps, 6 Goals, 20 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.15 Av R>

Deílton - <51 Apps, 3 Goals, 11 Assists, 7.10 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

After finally finishing the challenge i will probably play one more season and if i can get the Germany job i want to push for the Olympic title in 2032 at Kiel.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7966939&viewfull=1#post7966939"]2024/2025[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2025/2026[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2026/2027[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7980145&viewfull=1#post7980145"]2027/2028[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup Winners, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7980145&viewfull=1#post7980145"]2028/2029[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          CL Winner, Challenge Completed!!!

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain         
2026/2027       Kiel                Frankfurt           Inter                     Juventus       
2027/2028       FC Bayern           Kiel                Juventus                  Kiel                    France    
2028/2029       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           Kiel                      Sevilla                                                                 

Andy Sava- I think the Under 23 side is separate from the normal National squad

You can manage as many levels of the National team as you like I think, I have just finished the Euros with France (will get updates up eventually), and got the Olympics coming up which I am managing too. :D

Good first season in the Segunda B marty78, I might have to give Spain a shot before FM13 comes out.

Congrats Andy Sava on another completion, virtually guaranteed the Germany job will come up soon, I know the France job came up after every championship on my save.

Annan Athletic FC Season Review 2012/13

Scottish Third Division

Media Prediction: 9th

Board Expectations: Top Half Finish

Finished: 4th (Lost in Playoff Semi-final)

League Table I Graph I Fixtures 1 I Fixtures 2

This season was definitely a struggle for me in Scotland. The main problem I had was finding some good quality players and fitting them into a formation. I couldn’t find a goalscorer to rely on and it was very much a win-loss kind of season. In the end we comfortably finished 4th being in the title race down to the second last day. We played second division strugglers Montrose in the semi –final and matched them for 180 minutes but a corner in added time killed our promotion dreams as we went down 3-2 on aggregate.

Challenge Cup- Second Round

League Cup- An embarrassing defeat to Motherwell

Scottish Cup- A creditable performance getting to the fourth round

Squad- As you can see we had no consistent performers and a centre back and striker tied for top goalscorer with 11 goals each. The two bright sparks were probably my wingers who pitched in with double figures for assists.

Top Scorer: Matthew Paterson: he scored 11 goals for us but should have got more.

Player of the Season: Tom Lawrence: he has been a great force for us this season providing assists and goals.

Other Notables

Graeme Sharp- Similar to Lawrence he provided some good assists.

John Young- Joint top scorer from centre back. He’s great in the air and proved it this season.

Club Info

Finances- In Debt, but that’s to be expected with such low crowds.

Facilities- Our Youth Facilities are poor but other facilities could be worse.

Club Info- Shows our media prediction as 9th.

Transfers- This tells the story of the season. I released the entire playing staff and brought in a whole new squad. They didn’t quite blend this year but I hope to make few changes in the summer and keep the team mostly intact.

Summary

A decent season to start off the challenge with the main upside being I wasn’t sacked! Next season we need to push on and get promotion, I won’t accept anything else.

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
 2012/13       SD3               4th                 Playoffs                   Matthew Paterson (11)        Tom Lawrence

Congrats on the completion Andy :thup:

And a pretty solid season from you ri96. At least you've got a base to build on rather than a whole team to make. Allows you more time to find the quality players.

Should have my EoS report for you at some point today.

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 4 – 15/16 – La Liga

La Liga & Spanish CupTableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 20th

Final Position: 10th

Real Ávila were never in danger of relegation, and in the end could not challenge for Euro Cup places.

For Spanish Cup results there is really nothing much to tell about. 2nd Div Córdoba were easy to overcome, but La Liga Osasuna beat Ávila twice. 5th Rnd exit meant Los Abulenses took part in only two rounds of the Cup.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Pablo Ibáñez - DC

Experienced Ibáñez arrived to Ávila in January, and was a decent addition to the playing squad. The main idea in signing him was to get a player with driven personality to tutor youngsters, namely David Torres.

David González Torres - DC

The tall youngster, dubbed the new Fernando Hierro, made slight improvements and still seems very promising.

Alberto Pires - DL

Young Portuguese player became immediately the first choice left back.

Ignacio Camacho - DM

Deemed surplus at Malaga, but still a decent defensive midfielder.

Sergi Samper - DM/MC

Didn't get as many games as he probably deserved, but the former Barcelona natural MC looks like he could become a key player for Ávila in the future.

Luís Ferreira - M/AMC

Young hard working midfielder Ferreira covered more distance / 90 minutes than anyone else in La Liga. Good to very good attributes all around. Pacey and great at passing. Collects yellow and red cards as a hobby.

David Zurutuza - M/AMC

I expected a bit more from Zurutuza, but naturally I knew beforehand that he would not be of the best La Liga quality. Still he filled his place, and is the new captain after Álvaro Mejía retired.

Javier López Delgado - M/AMC/ST

Young natural ST López Delgado looks to be a good prospect for the future, though he is actually older than my other young striker Inverno.

Paulo Inverno - ST

Performed with amazing maturity. 23 goals (2nd best in the league), 10 assists and 12 MoMs (more than anyone else) in La Liga by a 17-18 year old is not bad at all. Strangely it was not enough to be considered to be in the top 3 of the Young Player of the Year Award though. Very good in the box and scored many "ugly" goals.

Federico Laurito - ST

11 goals prove he has enough quality to play in the First Division.

Remarks

I guess Ávila are not going to build a new stadium, since once again more money was poured to expand Adolfo Suárez. Good thing is that junior coaching has been increased to exceptional (only Barcelona have the same description in Spain). For the first time training facilities are being worked on.

trainingfacilities.jpg

Coaches and players alike are overjoyed of the training ground refurbishments. ;)

[b]Season          Division          Position          Spanish Cup          Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/2016       La Liga           10th              5th Rnd              -
2014/2015       2nd Div           1st               Qtr Final            Promotion
2013/2014       2nd B3            1st               4th Rnd              Promotion
2012/2013       2nd B3            2nd               -                    -

Unlucky in the play-offs ri916, hopefully you can push on next season.

Excellent first season in La Liga duccio, like the look of those facilities, wish mine were that good. ;)

I lost in the Euro championship final to England :( but went on to win the Olympics which is something I guess. Was so preoccupied with the international tournaments I forgot to arrange any club friendlies, still beat Monaco in the Champions trophy. :D

Duccio - congrats on back to back title! A great achievement. Good luck in La Liga. EDIT. Solid first season there – good foundations to build on for next season.

Marty78 - unlucky on getting the sack mate – just didn’t seem to click. Good to see the second attempt is going much better.

Lenzar - another with back to back titles – good luck next season.

Andy Sava - that is some way to throw away a title! CL trophy makes up for it a bit though… ;) congrats on completion.

Ri916 - solid first season there mate. Good luck next year.

minisav - 2015/16 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia (Wuppertal) - German 1st Division

Well we had a very solid base so which is rare but I was still looking to make improvements. I ended up changing a lot of the team. I was looking for more creativity and more goals. With the major signing of Rossi I got this. 29 goals in one season is very good. Having 5 players with double figures in goals is a sign that I got the extra creativity too. The main problem was goalkeepers as I sold many of them. Luckily I got Rubinho in on loan who will also be joining me at the end of the season as his contract was running out. Very dependable back up. Getting in Gylfi Sigurdsson in January was also a big signing. He had no intention of doing so in the Summer but with us top of league, our stature had grown enough for him to change his mind. Without further ado, here's the competitions.

League:

​We were immense. With only 2 losses at the half way stage we were marginally top. A 23 game unbeaten run really helped cement our place at the top. We won the league with 3 games to go, so I played the 2nd string who drew the first game before losing twice. Very pleased to have won the league. That's the easier part over. Europe is the next challenge and I can see it being that.

WINNERS

Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

German Cup:

After 2 successive finals I was expecting our expectations to have risen. They still only wanted 3rd Round which we breezed into. 8-0 in the opener followed by 5-0 by my 2nd string saw off the 2 lower league sides. Out came the big guns in the Bundesliga but we eased past Koln 3-0 before destroying Lerkusen 4-1. Admittedly it was 2 late goals from us to make it look so convincing. A tighter 2-1 win v Stuttgart put us into the final.

We would play Wolfsburg, the team we beat in our first cup final. They'd finished 3rd and had run me close before Bayern leapfrogged them late on so I knew it would be a tough match. Especially if Mandzukic, who had 22 goals in the season, was on form. It started very badly with Mandzukic scoring 1 of 2 goals by Wolfsburg in the first 13 minutes. We had dominated but 2 slips in concentration left us with a lot to do. Fortunately we had a lot of time to do it. The rest of the first half was pretty even and looked to be very uneventful until the 44th minute when their CB, Coelho, lunged in recklessly and found himself looking at a red card.

We took advantage of our extra man by absolutely dominating the play without seriously threatening the goal. On a rare venture forward by Wolfsburg we countered and Pamic grabbed a goal in the 68th minute. Game on! More domination followed but it was mostly leading to crosses which were easily headed away. Pamic went close forcing Benaglio into an excellent save in the 75th minute. Nothing of note was happening until Sigurdsson whipped in a corner in the 87th minute which Himchinschi thundered in off his head. 2-2! There was still time for a few more chances with Himchinschi missing a sitter and Benaglio pulling off another great save from a Sigurdsson effort.

Extra time beckoned. A 93rd minute corner was put in by Sigurdsson which led to a scramble in the box where their keeper, Benaglio, put it into his own net. 3-2! 5 minutes later Holtby neatly slotted the ball to Himchinschi in the box and he made no mistake this time and placed it home. 4-2! The rest of the game was pretty dull until the 121st minute when Hasebe got a goal to make it 4-3 but it was too little too late.

Fixtures - Final v Wolfsburg

Europe:

Europa League

Qualifying Rounds

Unlike last season we were placed in the 3rd Qualifying Round meaning we needed to win 2 rounds to reach the group stages.

In the third round we were placed up against Hacken. It was early days so a lot of my team was from last season. 2-0 up and cruising away we got another 2 in the last 10 minutes to give us a 4 goal lead to take back home with us. Due to this I rested some players and we managed a simple 0-0 draw at home.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

In the 4th round we were placed against Split. By this time a lot of signings had come in so we were looking stronger. Still, a tough match ensued and I was disappointed to be losing 1-0 but an 84th minute own goal gave us the draw and a very important away goal. At home I just needed a 0-0 draw to proceed but things didn't go to plan with us going 1-0 down after 22 minutes. Record signing Rossi put away a penalty in the 39th minute, scored another goal 3 minutes later before Holtby rounded off the 1st half with a 46th minute goal. This put us firmly in the driving seat with a 2 goal lead which was not changed in a very dull 2nd half.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Groups

We'd gone up in the world from last season as we were 3rd seeds this year. It still left us with a tough group where we played Dnipro, Red Star and Feyenoord. We won our first 4. 3-0 at home to Dnipro (which saw Rossi grab a hat-trick), 3-1 away to Feyenoord with a 1-0 win at home to Red Star followed a week later by a goal bonanza as we won 5-2 away. A tough 0-0 draw away to Dnipro meant we had won the group. We didn't take our feet off the pedal though and rounded off the group with a 5th win, 2-1 to Feyenoord. Unbeaten!

Group

Knockout Rounds

The 1st Knockout Round saw us drawn against Lille again! The first leg was in France and was a very poor game for the strikers with 1 shot on target between us. They grabbed the lead in the 35th minute. A silly foul by Inkoom led to his 2nd yellow in the 63rd minute. This gave us hope and we piled forward looking for the away goal. Luck shined on us again as in the 73rd minute they scored an own goal. Once again I went into the home leg only needing a 0-0 draw to progress. This time our defence didn't lapse early and it was us that took the lead in the 50th minute through Felipe Santana. Himchinschi doubled the lead in the 75th minute and we cruised into the 2nd round.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

The 2nd Knockout Round saw us travelling to France again, this time to play Stade Rennais. In France we struggled, finding ourselves 2-0 down after 25 minutes. However, later on in the 2nd half we grabbed 2 goals back to make it 2-0 before immediately conceding another. 3-2 away wasn't a bad result but annoying after getting ourselves back into it to lose. However, 2 away goals is always pleasing. In the 2nd leg, Frenchman Ben Arfa put us into the lead in the 39th minute. We conceded shortly into the 2nd half but Yasuda got us another to make it 2-1 in the 69th minute. We held on to go through on away goals. I knew those away goals were important!

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

We were drawn against Besiktas in the Quarter Finals. A tough draw but they all are at this stage. In Turkey we went down 1-0 but equalised not long after. Half time at 1-1 looked good but we conceded early in the 2nd half. I wasn't too upset until Almeida popped up in the 85th minute to make it 3-1. An away goal we did have again but a 2 goal deficit wasn't going to be easy to overturn. We scored midway through the first half to put the pressure on. We kept going and going and in the 80th minute they got a player sent off. It however was not enough and we were unable to score a 2nd which saw us go out :( Besiktas went on to the final where they lost on penalties to last year's winners Arsenal.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

So a little upsetting to lose but to get that far in only my 2nd year of European competition it's pretty good.

Fixture List

Team:

Squad - Transfers - Information (I am now a Legend :cool: ) - Rossi - Rossi History (10 penalties scored out of 10 taken. Old Faithful!)

A major part of our success this season was down to depth. Especially with us being involved in Europe, it was good to rotate players and I was confident to rest some players as last season I wasn't comfortable doing that. Some players are deadwood at the moment so I'll be looking to shift them on, particularly the moaners

Season   |    Division    |  Position  |   Comments
--------------------------------------------------------

[left] 2012/2013  |  3rd Division  |    1st     | League Winners
2013/2014  |  2nd Dvision   |    1st     | League Winnners, German Cup Winners & Euro League Qualification
2014/2015  |  1st Division  |    8th     | German Cup Runners Up & Europa League Qualification
2015/2016  |  1st Divison   |    1st     | League Winners, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification[/left]

Duccio - Great first season in La Liga. 10th is excellent. I don't think you can get a new stadium until your current one reaches capacity which should be soon enough with how well your doing.

Minisav- A title already, some going that. Rossi is excellent though, do you use him as a treq?

minisav that is superb going, 4 seasons in and already won the premier league, superb!

My youngster Alexandre Pruvot has the wonderkid tag, he's good, but he's not that good is he? Decent player who I hope will do well in the future, but he's hardly in the same league as Roger when he was at that age. Roger had already played for France at the Euro's and scored 20+ goals in season.

Cheers guys. Yeah, 48 months thing is handy. A large majority of the offers I get in these days are over time too so thought I'd get them back!

And no, Rossi is my advanced forward. Szalai and Himchinschi took turns being the deep lying forward with the occasionally being the Advanced forward when Rossi was out/rested.

Just got fortunate in CL for a change, drew Zenit in 1st KO round. I should get rid of them without too many problems. Bit of a shake up in my CL this season, normally last 16 is usual suspects, but this year, Standard Liege, Olympiakos, Zenit, Sporting Lisbon have all made it, with some big teams knocked out in the groups. Looking at the remaining 16 teams, I've beaten them all at some point during this save, really going for it this year, if I can just stay injury free!

berty1978 - without a doubt the expansion of training facilities means installing a few more of those state of the art excersize bikes! ;)

minisav - Great job with Wuppertal. From Regionalliga to Bundesliga champions in 5 years.

marty78 - I'm not so sure they will build a new stadium any time soon. FM DB was changed from default to 12.2.0 in a way that many lower league clubs' stadiums' expansion potential was raised from very little to a whopping 50000.

I just sign a Mexican player, and noticed it will take 10 years before he can get the Spanish passport. It only takes 2 years for an Argentinian to get it. I guess there are different regulations depending on which country the player is from.

Yeclano_Deportivo.png

2014/2015 SEASON UPDATE

SPANISH SECOND DIVISION B4

The league stage itself was fairly clear cut and we comfortably won our league. I am new to Spain and didn't really understand the playoff situation and was a bit gutted when I realized I was not automatically promoted. After winning the 1st phase playoff against Real Sociedad "B" 6-4 on aggregate, we faced Palencia in the final and succumbed to a 5-2 aggregate defeat. At that point I didn't realize I had been promoted and it was only when the board announced stadium maintenance to meet league requirements that I knew we would be in Liga Adelante next season.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Playoff matches

SPANISH CUP

We reached the fourth round where we lost to Deportivo de la Coruña 6-2 on aggregate after two 3-1 defeats.

TRANSFERS

Another fairly large turnover with mainly free transfers. I have noticed that by putting very low release clauses in player contracts I can offer a much smaller wage. I am paying players less per week than their previous clubs.

SQUAD

The squad is now fairly young and gives a good base to build on in Liga Adelante. A few key players:

Santa Villa - A remarkable amount of assists and led the league chart. Unfortunately ageing but after this years performance got a years extension to his contract.

Milton Caraglio - Top scorer in the league. He made me sweat by refusing to talk about a contract until the end of the season but after promotion agree a new deal.

Mikel Arrasati - Young CB cost a small fee but has the potential to be a leading Adelante player.

Kader Oueslati - Versatile and covers a few positions, his first choice is AM but has rarely played there so far.

I am not going to mention the youth players at the club because they almost certainly never play for the first team. This years youth intake was poor again but I am yet to upgrade any facilities.

FINANCES

We are a bit short after being forced to spend almost a million pound on upgrading the stadium to meet with league safety requirements. It means no transfer budget for next year but I have some friendly cups organized for the summer so should be back in the black soon enough. I am yet to improve any other facilities as the cost is not something I have been able to afford.

I have now caught up this thread (Olympian Task) and after being sacked twice in the Gundo challenge I have moved my untalented self over here.

I am going to be starting in either Portugal or Turkey as I have never played there. I just need to check that both have reserves and youth team squad. If they both have then I will be going to Turkey I think.

Meanwhile huge well done for all those that have completed this and I feel the pain for all those who have not yet.

Well done marty78 on promotion, winning the league does rightly give you a huge advantage as you only have to win one play-off. The final play off that you lost was for the overall Segunda B winner which doesn't really matter as you're up anyway.

Catch up post. Great progress everyone, I'm writing it as I read so I may realise it's out of date as I go, I'll just add to it, hopefully I won't miss anything major out.

aldo - Congrats on yet another league title. You have my sympathy in Europe, very reminiscent of how I went.

marty - Congratulations! Superb effort to get the competition. What are your plans now?

Andy Sava - Like aldo, domestic domination, but for whatever reason you can't break Europe. Hope it comes soon.

aldo - Financially I was the same, hope you don't lose interest too much. If nothing else you've got Roger's career to enjoy!

duccio - Congrats on that first promotion. Great platform to build on after just two seasons!

Andy Sava - congrats on the EURO Cup and that's a ludicrous season for Roa. Amazing!

marty - Aha, I see what you are up to now. Bad luck on not retaining the CL, but then I've not won it in years since completion! Good luck in Spain

Discussion of where is easiest - None are easy. I've played (and completed) this challenge in Italy, France, Spain and now Portugal and they've all had different challenges. Italy and Spain were harder domestically but once you got to the top your players didn't want to leave whereas the initial title was easier in France/Portugal but you are stuck in a state of flux as players want to move to bigger clubs.

duccio - Congrats on another promotion! You're making amazing progress!

marty - Bad luck on the sacking, good to see you've found another club so quickly.

Lenzar - Great progress, two promotions in two years is top class.

Andy Sava - Congratulations! Well done on the completion, hugely deserved - just aldo to go as I see it from the long term games… (although he may be done by the time I reach the end of the thread).

duccio - Excellent first outing in the top flight. Definitely something to build on there.

minisav - A Bundesliga win. Excellent, another lining up for completion.

marty - Good job on that first promotion. Yeah, the Spanish lower league promotion is weird, all the more reason to be happy to get out of it as soon as possible.

Amazing progress across the board. I'm hoping for a completion from aldojags pretty soon.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2025/26

Season Review

Just a quick review seeing as I didn’t save the game at the end of the season like normal…..

League Finish: 1st

The League

Two titles in a row saw us looking to achieve a hattrick of titles. The league was pretty tight on the run to Christmas but an unbeaten run through 2026 saw us canter to another title. We performed really well in the second half and we have a lot to be proud of. I think the squad continuity played a major part in our results.

German Super Cup

German Cup

A short lived run in the German Cup this year. We beat Furth4-0 in the 1st round before crashing out to 1860 Munich in the 2nd round. We played the reserves though so not overly concerned overall.

Champions League

We were drawn in a group with Real Madrid, Galatasaray and Anderlecht. 5 wins saw us comfortably group winners ahead of Galatasaray who edged Real Madrid into third.

Liverpool were our opponents in the 1st knockout round and a good 2-0 away win set us up for the return. A good 4-0 home win gave us confidence moving into the quarter finals. Another British team awaited in Celtic. We went to Celtic Park in the first leg and disappointingly lost 1-0. The pressure was on in the return but we edged Celtic out 2-0 to win 2-1 on aggregate.

Standing between us and the CL final was Inter Milan. Again we were away first and again we lost 1-0 but there was all to play for in the second leg. We battled hard but their superior class told and we could only draw 2-2 sending us out of the competition in the semis.

Finances

Profits made again thanks mainly to prize money which keeps the club ticking over.

The Future

Three title in a row has cemented our position as the force in German football so it’s the CL that must be our ultimate focus from here. The ground is now all-seater which helps with European football and matchday income. We’re selling out pretty much every week too so hopefully a new stadium will be in the offing soon.

prdh believe me I'm trying!! I have to admit to feeling a bit fed up at times with this save! I've been in this thread for a while now, loved the challenge and posting updates etc, I've never done it before on FM, always just played my own save and wasn't really aware of the forum. It's fantastic, especially this thread, it's far superior to every other thread in the forum, not only in number of posts, but interaction between users and the feeling that other users actually read your posts and take an interest, I could name your starting 11 prdh as if it was a premiership team! and I love that interaction between users. The dafuge thread is just a list of people posting their own updates, but no-one looks at anyone elses screenies etc and that's what sets us apart from the rest (in my opinion!)

But just about every user who has joined after me has completed! and whilst I'm dominating domestically, a CL win seems further away than ever. 5 years ago I had one of the best midfields ever put together in the history of FM! And Tony Champion at peak of his powers, but he's now over 30 as is Pituca, and my squad just now would lose to my squad 5 yrs ago. I just have to hope the manager is better and can somehow get the CL win I am dreaming of!

Good to see you back prdh I had missed your youth updates etc always a good read! :thup:

But as for a completion, could be a while. Taken on a lot more at work so not running through seasons the way I used to.

Minisav - congratulations on your first Bundesliga title. 4 years to do so is a great achievement.

Marty78 - congrats on immediate promotion – fantastic achievement in Spain and puts last seasons blip to bed. Good luck in Liga Adelante.

aldo - Keep the faith! I have confidence. You just need a bit of luck and a string of good performances. I got to the same position before I finally got it. Believe me, the extra stress getting there makes the achievement all the sweeter!

Yup, this thread tends to be pretty great for that, it's what drew me in back when I started on 08 (I think).

Minisav - congratulations on your first Bundesliga title. 4 years to do so is a great achievement.

Marty78 - congrats on immediate promotion – fantastic achievement in Spain and puts last seasons blip to bed. Good luck in Liga Adelante.

Second season promotion mate unfortunately. Looks like the Bundesliga was a stroll this year.

Aldojags - I think to an extent the CL is luck of the draw, at least it was for me. The year I won it I had all knockout rounds at home in the second leg. I always do better like that against the big boys. Also got lucky with big teams knocking each other out leaving me with a fellow French team, who I knew very well, in the final. You'll get there soon enough I reckon, you certainly seem to be close.

I also had a very defensive 4-1-4-1 with defensive wingers for tough away CL matches the year I won it.

The thing about CL is that you get more teams like yours, who have players as good as yours and in some cases way better than yours. Take Barcelona or R. Madrid for example, no matter how they do they will always have some exceptional players that, no matter the team form, can screw you in 100 different ways. CL has a little bit (a little bit more i think) of luck involved because the teams try more to stay at the top than in previous years in my opinion. Barcelona might have a bad season but there is still R. Madrid, AC Milan, Inter, Man Utd, FC Bayern, Chelsea, teams that no matter their form they are capable of giving you a hard time. I was lucky to have Roa in the team, probably the best player i ever had in FM.

I went on holiday in Portugal for a year before this lovely little club came up

AD_Machico-logo-E0B83ECFF0-seeklogo.com.gif

Me

Club

Club Info

I had an awful squad and had to do a lot of recruiting in Pre Season by the end of my signing spree I had just about 30 players including reserves.

The season has begun ok and this looks much worse than it is we have not yet been outclassed and have actually begun to hit a tiny bit of form, I am confident we can stay up.

Targets

1. Stay up - this is an obvious must.

2. Add some more quality - I need some players and when the registration window opens in the new year I hope to bring in one or two.

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2029/30 (French Ligue 1)

League results 1

League results 2

Cup results 1

Cup results 2

League - Graph

We started well by beating Monaco very convincingly in the Champions Trophy.

After the good result against Monaco we made a horrendus start to the League 1 campaign by getting thumped at big spenders Marseille 6-2!! Things got better by winning the next eight before a poor defeat at Brest, after that we only really dropped points against the big teams. It was just as well I had the league wrapped up before the last three games as we only picked up 2 points after that, getting only 91 points overall, down from 98 last season.

We managed to get to the League cup semi-final for a change but away to Marseille we lost in extra time.

We also won the Coupe de France again getting revenge on Marseille.

We won the Euro super cupfor the second time and the World club cup at the first time of asking with quite a comprehensive victory against Velez.

We easily got through the CL group stage again, in a group involving Werder Bremen and Milan our only dropped points came in a 1-0 defeat at Red Star. Bayern had their chance of revenge in the first knockout, two very tight games ended in our favour going through 2-1 on aggregate. We were drawn against Inter in the quarters. A narrow 1-0 away defeat, we still had a chance to go through but unforunately went out on away goals.

Squad - Team report -

Best XI - Best XI overall

The players

Lincoln - Ever present again, playing in 61 matches, I've lost count of how many consecutive matches he's played, but it's a lot.

Carlos Silva - Unfortunately picked up a serious injury this season and stalled his progress somewhat.

Alan Raynaud - Put him on here because he's the first player to come through the youth team to get some decent game time, not outstanding though.

Daniele Reali - Still the best player at the club and another excellent season, he's 30 now so hopefully he's got a few good seasons left.

Marcelo Cendoya - Smashed my transfer record to spend £20m on Cendoya, mainly to replace Reali when he declines, but went straight into the first team to replace Alvarez much to his annoyance.

Roberto - This guy has to become a club legend, 11 seasons at the club and still a first team regular, has actually wanted a new challenge during the season (after winning everything with the club), big clubs interested but I've set a big asking price.

Wassim Amrani - A great player for us but moved to Arsenal for £35.5m in the cloose season after wanting to move to a bigger club for a while now, no more CL wins for him then. ;)

Selemani Kwaisi - Absolutely immense, if his attributes continue to increase could be one of the best players I've ever had on FM. His attributes are so evenly spread over the board it looks like he could competently play in any position.

Miguel Angel Rodas - One of the players of the season, rarely lets me down.

Dragomir Dmitrovic - Signed this midfield wonderkid for £7m and made several appearances doing well.

Patrick David - Club legend David is past his peak now but still had an excellent season.

James Russell - Is now the 4th choice striker but due to injuries played most of the season and did well.

Jacaré - After scoring the CL winning goal last season had a disappointing season by his standards, cut short by an injury.

Hamilton Rodrigues - Player of the season, scored 51 goals in all competitions, and another 11 international goals.

Not much to update on with France just that we had a poor start to the Euro qualifying stage.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue|      Europe       | Achievements            |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 |                   | Overachievers           |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 |                   | Promotion               |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     |                   | Survived                |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Overachievers           |
2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |                   |                         |
2019/20 | Ligue 2   |   2nd    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Promotion               |
2020/21 | Ligue 1   |   9th    | Semi-Final |   Semi-Final    |                   |                         |
2021/22 | Ligue 1   |   5th    | 10th round |   4th round     |                   |                         |
2022/23 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   Quarters      |                   | Qualified for CL groups |
2023/24 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | 11th round |   Winners       | CL Quarter-finals |                         |
2024/25 | Ligue 1   |   4th    | Semis      |   Semis         | CL Semi-finals    |                         |
2025/26 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   4th round     | Euro Cup winners  | First continental win   |
2026/27 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | Quarters   |   4th round     | CL Quarter-finals | Euro super cup winners  |
2027/28 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | 10th round |   Quarters      | CL 1st Knckout    | First league title      |
2028/29 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | Winners    |   4th round     | CL Quarters       | Cup winners             |
2029/30 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | Winners    |   Quarters      | CL winners        | Challenge complete      |
2030/31 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | Winners    |   Semis         | CL Quarters       |                         |

Machico - Portuguese Division 2- 2012/13 End of Season Update

Table | Graph | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I started with a very poor squad that lacked any realy quality and we began the year with defeats against sides who had just come up or had just finished above the drop last year and I knew it was going to be a long season.

We were not playing badly just couldnt keep homd of wins or could not do enough to score and our defence was shacky at best. I changed tactics to bring in more centre midfielders in doing so I sacrificed my width that I like and this seemed to work, goals were still being conceded but we were now scoring.

At the bottom lots of teams were picking up points and I was always involved in a battle but managed to survive with two games to go.

The cup was a no go where I lost 7-1, not the best.

Aims of this season

Stay up - Yes did it

Add more quality - Yes but still need more

Aims:

Stay Up Again

Add More Quality

Try To Get Finances Better

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos      Cup      Other Cups     Achievements
2012/13   Div 2      5th     1st R         N/A              Survived

I am going to give Turkey a go I think .... my problem is tactics.

I have been playing FM12 for quite a bit now ...journeyman manager ...and have not won a thing haha.

I just can't seem to get my tactic to score goals on a regular basis. I can close up shop real well but can't get goals.

Anyways ... I am firing up a Turkey game and I will give it a go. When I get past the first yr mumbo jumbo I will post again with

the team I got.

B

Some great success for Andy Sava at his last job where he got Kiel from the German Third Division to Champions League Winners. Following that success he went on to find another small team with great potential to turn into a great team.

His new home city is Castellón de la Plana, where the local team C.D. Castellón plays at it's 16000 seats stadium, Nou Estadi Castalia.

| Manager Info | Manager Profile | Club Overview | Club Info | Club Squad | Facilities |

The minimum expectation set by the bord is a top-half finish.

Archived