[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

I have had some time to think about what I want to do at my long career at PSG.

CLUB IMAGE

I want to re-shape the club. And continue the work Nasser Al-Khelaifi has started. I want the club to be a big youth academy - to produce own home grown players, but also scouting the world for 15-18 years old players for the academy. Hopefully many of them can get a French passport and be regarded as home grown players in the future. The club should have a squad of 50 players, and that includes the first team, the reserves and the youth team.

SIGNINGS

I want to sign players aged 15-24, but also bring home some experienced French players (aged over 30) for example Patrice Evra, Eric Abidal and Nicolas Anelka. If a trophy signing is available i will try to sign him as well, for example Karim Benzema.

SCOUTS

I will make sure I have the maximum allowed scouts and the best scout will be a "Head scout" - his job is to scout the world for young talents and when another scout have found an interesting player, my "Head scout" will scout him for 3 games and make sure he's the right player for the club.

COACHES

I need to add some new first team coaches to make sure my players are doing fine in training.

ASSISTANT MANAGER

I am looking into the possibility to sign Patrick Collot as a new assistant manager at the club. He has high attributes in Man Management and determination.

TRAINING AND YOUTH FACILITIES

They can be upgraded and they should be.

AFFILIATED CLUBS

It's always recommended to ask the board for a feeder club. I am looking for a club with a good manager to send some of my youngster on loan to. I will try not to send a player with a determination of 14 (or lower) out on loan.

THE CURRENT YOUTH PLAYERS

PSG has some really hot prospects at the club and it's very important to take care of them. Give them a good training schedule, make sure they play games and are coached by good youth coaches.

MENTORS

I strongly recommend to ask many of your first team players to tutor the youth players. The squad at PSG are very determined so that makes some perfect mentors.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sebastian Corchia from Soachux is my ideal target to fill the right back slot. He will cost a bit more than those mentioned I'd guess but he's a top talent.

Does Appiah has similar potential this time round?

Appiah was in FM11 a great DR, with lots of potential. Dunno for this version, has to be verified :)

Was the same case with Corchia, however very injury prone in several saves.

CLUB IMAGE

I want to re-shape the club. And continue the work Nasser Al-Khelaifi has started. I want the club to be a big youth academy - to produce own home grown players, but also scouting the world for 15-18 years old players for the academy. Hopefully many of them can get a French passport and be regarded as home grown players in the future. The club should have a squad of 50 players, and that includes the first team, the reserves and the youth team.

SIGNINGS

I want to sign players aged 15-24, but also bring home some experienced French players (aged over 30) for example Patrice Evra, Eric Abidal and Nicolas Anelka. If a trophy signing is available i will try to sign him as well, for example Karim Benzema.

SCOUTS

I will make sure I have the maximum allowed scouts and the best scout will be a "Head scout" - his job is to scout the world for young talents and when another scout have found an interesting player, my "Head scout" will scout him for 3 games and make sure he's the right player for the club.

COACHES

I need to add some new first team coaches to make sure my players are doing fine in training.

ASSISTANT MANAGER

I am looking into the possibility to sign Patrick Collot as a new assistant manager at the club. He has high attributes in Man Management and determination.

AFFILIATED CLUBS

It's always recommended to ask the board for a feeder club. I am looking for a club with a good manager to send some of my youngster on loan to. I will try not to send a player with a determination of 14 (or lower) out on loan.

PSG has some really hot prospects at the club and it's very important to take care of them. Give them a good training schedule, make sure they play games and are coached by good youth coaches.

MENTORS

I strongly recommend to ask many of your first team players to tutor the youth players. The squad at PSG are very determined so that makes some perfect mentors.

It's almost like your applying for the real PSG job

CLUB IMAGE

SIGNINGS

SCOUTS

COACHES

ASSISTANT MANAGER

AFFILIATED CLUBS

MENTORS

This is pretty much spot-on to the ethos I want to employ!

Also, don't know you, Mr. Sundlofer, but Areola became unhappy on my game when I got Sirigu to tutor him. I don't think Sirigu liked it either. A personality clash, perhaps? If so, then Douchez would also be a poor choice of tutor, as he has the same personality as Sirigu.

Areola became unhappy on my game when I got Sirigu to tutor him. I don't think Sirigu liked it either. A personality clash, perhaps? If so, then Douchez would also be a poor choice of tutor, as he has the same personality as Sirigu.

I have currently 15 first team players tutoring younger players. And it looks good.

The only problem I had was with Guillaume Hoarau tutoring Jordan Diakese.

I try to be very careful when I those the mentor and the tutored player.

And about Alphonse Areola... I think he needs a mentor, and if not Nicolas Douchez and Salvatore Sirigu can be that mentor, it would be a good idea to sign another goalkeeper - old, determined, experienced and the same mentality as Alphonse Areola.

Started my last demo with PSG got Modric 35m over 48months started a new tactic with more direct passing Modric and Pastore have been great 6 games into the season they have 11 assists between them , Gameiro played 8 scored 9 playing him upfront on his own as Attack Poacher with Pastore behind him , looking forward to starting this save on full game

And about Alphonse Areola... I think he needs a mentor, and if not Nicolas Douchez and Salvatore Sirigu can be that mentor, it would be a good idea to sign another goalkeeper - old, determined, experienced and the same mentality as Alphonse Areola.

Have you had any success with tutoring Areola? Or have you tried?

truly outstanding opening post.... :applause:PSG have always been a favourite club of mine since the days of Djorkaeff and Leonardo. Even owned and still do some PSG shirts. after having my usual go on a challenge game i will certainly be here.

i have even mentioned your amazing thread here - hope you don't mind.

Big Euro Nation Challenge

The amazing opening post has me looking forward to a game with PSG. Still debating weather to make it my first full game or not, it's this or Arsenal. I'd rather wait till more people post in this thread to do my PSG save.

Nevertheless that opening post is truly staggering. Well done.

Just started a new save with them on the full game:

In:

Wilfried - 2.5m

James Mcfadden - Free

Yaya Sanogo - 2.6m

Marco Materazzi - Free

Karim Ait Fana - 3.9m

Siphiwe Tshabalaba - 325k

Garry Bocaly - 3.8m

Cheik M'Bengue - 4.8m

Mahamadou Diarra - Free

Marc-Andre ter Stegen - 15m (Over 48 months)

Giovani Dos Santos - 4.4m

Etienne Capoue - 13m (Over 48 months)

Out:

Z Camara - Loan

G Hoarou - 7m

J Bahebeck - 2.5m

Peguy Luyindula - 625k

Mevlut Erdinc - 3.8m

Siaka Tiene - 7.5m

Loris Arnaud - 2.3m

Ceara - 1m

Thats all the spending it looks like ill do just now, let the league begin :D

I hope you all are enjoying your saves with PSG. I'm taking my time - still one day one. I have created a tactic, created 54 training schedules, created shortlists, written reminders, searched for players, searched for staff and a lot more. Next thing to do is to analyze the first team squad.

Started a PSG save, squad does look good but could use some tweaking..budget seems quite low, although I suppose £77M has just been spent!

Ins:

Wilfried - Vitesse - £2.5M

Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea - Loan Fee £700k

Thiago - Barcelona - Loan

Giovani Dos Santos - Tottenham Hotspur - £4.1M

Luca Antonelli - Genoa - £6.25M

Outs:

Peguy Luyindula - Free - Released

Ceara - Catania - £1M

Happy with my squad, next season will add more youth and higher quality players, just wanted to get a good base and build from here. Only bought in youthful players.

Also bought Patrick Collot in as Assistant Manager, man management seems to be ever more important.

Played two league games, and one Euro Cup game, won all three :)

Who are your targets for the 1st season?

I hope you all are enjoying your saves with PSG. I'm taking my time - still one day one. I have created a tactic, created 54 training schedules, created shortlists, written reminders, searched for players, searched for staff and a lot more. Next thing to do is to analyze the first team squad.

Who are your targets for the 1st season?

I have four shortlists with 41 players all together. Then I'm sure my scouts will find more players for me to add to that lists. I still haven't decided who I will buy, if I will buy. I want to use the players I have at the club - Bodmer, Camara, Jallet, Bahebeck...

I will sign players very carefully and make sure they are well-scouted before they are signed.

I am looking for players who can play in more than one position and I can reveal this player is on the top of my shortlist:

karaqd.png

I play with two central defenders and two central defensive midfielders so Kara fits my plans perfectly.

Found a nice pacey DC (Issac Vorsah) to complement Sakho and Lugano who are terribly slow IMO. Issac Vorsah 18 Pace, 18 Jumping, 18 Strength, Marking 17, Tacking 14, Anticipation 16, Teamwork 17. His compsure and concentration are a tad on the low side but I do like him. Anyone have experince with this guy?

A very nice opening post, like the detail it's very useful. On FM10 a save I had where I started with PSG was my favourite in that iteration of the game so I have been drawn back to starting with them on this latest version. The game is currently installing but I have some potential transfer targets in mind and look forward to sharing my updates and reading others.

I have four shortlists with 41 players all together. Then I'm sure my scouts will find more players for me to add to that lists. I still haven't decided who I will buy, if I will buy. I want to use the players I have at the club - Bodmer, Camara, Jallet, Bahebeck...

I will sign players very carefully and make sure they are well-scouted before they are signed.

I am looking for players who can play in more than one position and I can reveal this player is on the top of my shortlist:

karaqd.png

I play with two central defenders and two central defensive midfielders so Kara fits my plans perfectly.

Wow, nice find. Have your scouts got an idea of how much he'd cost?

Wow, nice find. Have your scouts got an idea of how much he'd cost?

No. I haven't send my scouts to watch him yet, still on day one. But hopefully between £2M - £4M.

Started my PSG save last night, loading it up now! had a lot of fun with them on FM11 but with the new owners this is gonna be amazing!

Good luck! :thup:

I have read the first eight posts. I've also read how you post other players you want to sign for the team, and what your objectives are for your save in a very official way. It looks like a story. No need to be dry, either.

You just wondered, I just answered... ;)

It's a team guide.

And if you perceive it as a story, I apologize to have written some parts of the team guide indistinct. Enjoy your save if you play as PSG :thup:

Started my save at the moment i'm 2nd behind Lille 4 points behind them , first two league games i drew 1 - 1 and 2 - 2 but since then i haven't lost signed Luka Modric for 35millions great player gets plenty of Assists and fits into my plans of playing a short passing game picked up Franck Béria from Lille for 5.5millions can play anywhere across the back four which is a Bonus , let Mevlut Erdinc , Loris Arnaud , Peguy Luyindula go didn't think they were needed . Will keep this squad till the end of the season won't buy anyone in January . Next Season Yohan Cabaye will be top of my list to buy doing well for Newcastle and French National team so will make bid when season ends :)

Just finished my first season with PSG. It was tougher than I thought but that might be because it took me a while to get my formation and tactics working properly. My main signings were a couple of fullbacks - Vrsaljko on the right and a young Swiss/Spanish left back called Rodriguez. I also brought in Emre Can for his versatility and because my scouts rated him as one for the future.

Speaking of scouts, I noticed PSG have a pretty poor backroom staff so I overhauled that area. I kept most of the youth coaches as they seem very good but most of the other coaches were let go and I brought in a lot of new scouts.

I used a 4-5-1 formation in the end as my 4-2-3-1 didn't seem to be working. I was near the top of the table the whole season but could never pull away when I got into 1st place. Eventually I went on a good run towards the end of the season and ended up winning by 10 points from Lyon. I ignored the domestic cups and didn't do too well in them but I got to the semi-final of the Euro Cup, only losing to Lazio on away goals - in fact, I was unbeaten all season in Europe.

So, after a good season I'm looking forward to being able to shape the team to my liking in the summer. The first big shock was the transfer budget. Given the club spent around £70m this summer in real life I was looking for something around £30m-£35m. I got just under £19m. Not bad, but not really enough to reshape the squad as I would have liked.

But the squad does have a lot of dead wood, which will help me raise some extra cash. I had Tiago Neves and Labyad coming in on a free so midfield was looking strong. My strikers had underperformed all year but I think they're good enough to stay for another year. However, Erdinc was unhappy at a lack of first team football so he was put up for sale. As were a whole host of other fringe players. Probably the most significant sale was Nene. He played really well in my first season but he's on £50k a week and wouldn't take a pay cut to renew his contract. With him being 30 I thought he was only likely to get worse so I shipped him off to Arsenal for £5m.

Douchez is also on his way. He's a good keeper but I don't need 3 quality players int hat position and I'd rather let Areola get experience. With the other players sold I made over £12m. The other reason Nene was sold is because I snapped up Di Maria for £9.25m from Real after he fell out with Mourinho. I even got him on reasonable wages. Banega followed for £9m since his contract only had a year to run. I also got Anelka on a free after Chelsea rleased him.

My plan to get Cissokho from Lyon was thwarted after he went to Arsenal so I'm a little weak all across the back. That's the main area to strengthen but I'm also on the look out for a good striker for relatively cheap. Might be worth a cheeky bid for Tevez who's hating life at Man City.

My team for next year is likely to be:

GK: Sirigu

DR: Vrsaljko

DL: Rodriguez

DC: Lugano

DC: Sakho

DMC: Matuidi

MC: Banega

MC: Pastore

AMR: Menez

AML: Di Maria

ST: Gameiro

I may try to get Flamini for free if he drops his wage demands to keep the French contingent strong.

Now I just have to see how pre-season goes.

Anyone got any tips on how to use Pastore? He's clearly the best player at the club but has underperformed so far. Rating of 6.8 at the moment. I play a 4-1-1-3-1 formation at the moment:

GK: Sirigu

DR: Vrsaljko

DC: Sakho

DC: Lugano

DL: Kolarov (£4.3m)

DM: M'Vila (£7m)

CM: Matuidi

AMR: Sturridge

AMC: Pastore

AML: Nene

ST: Gameiro

Just finished my first season with PSG...

Good update! :thup: congratulations for the title!

Some great signings during the summer as well. I hope they will blend in well with the rest of the squad. How is your youth players progressing?

Good luck for the next season!

Anyone got any tips on how to use Pastore?

I use him in a central attacking midfielder role just behind the striker, very attacking. I want him to score goals. Chantôme has also played in that role and he scored three goals in a pre-season friendly.

How are you guys progressing?

After a tour to Belgium and three intensive games, we played River Plate in Argentina and won, 6-3. Two pre-season friendlies left.

22 coaches and 16 scouts - all from Brazil and France (except from Pauleta), and things are looking good in that department.

My only signing so far is Kara from Senegal. Cost be £950K, and I'm delighted with it.

I have an offer accepted for Etienne Capoue, £9M, a defensive midfielder who is a big fan of PSG. I'm not so happy with his preferred move "gets forward whenever possible", because I want him to hold his position as the 'more creative' central defensive midfielder.

Nolan Roux is an option for "the third choice striker"-role. Mevlüt Erdinc is transfer listed.

I've been playing him there all season but he's been disappointing :(

Doing well for me mate , i have Modric behind him who is supplying him try get Modric been brilliant for me been tipped for French Footballer Of The Year Along with Pastore and Gameiro

Archived