[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just seen this thread. Excellent set up by the OP. I have just completed my first season with PSG, my opening game of FM12. I started on the demo quick save initially. I won the league just about as well as the league cup (but lost the cup on penalties and bombed out of the Europa league after fielding reserves..)

The main players I brought in who did the job for me were -

Defence: Kolo Toure £3.9m who brought pace and experience as well as skill to the centre of defence. A great ball playing centre back in a league where you encounter very few very physical forwards. Obviously a short term fix but I wanted to make sure I won the league at the first attempt. Cheik M'Bengue £4.8m. I always struggle to find a good left back but this guy is very good, a reasonable price, young and French speaking.

Midfield: Thiago Alcantara (loan). A backup player but a very good one none the less and could play right accross the midfield or pushed up in a 4-4-1-1. Jaroslav Plasil £14m. Way over priced but he came in the joker window and the board did the negotiation. I was desperate for wingers due to injuries and he did a job though would sign someone younger next time around..

Javier Saviola £3.6m. Again another 'old-y' but neither Hoarau or Erdinc are my kind of striker. Played him in a 4-4-2 as a treq and created a lot of goals for Gameiro. Vitinho £4.1m. One for the future, a very promising Brazilian forward. Vincenzo Iaquinta & Amauri (both loan). Iaquinta came in the summer and Amauri in the winter window, both very good strikers for the lowish fee/wages needed.

Tactically I played a 4-4-2 most of the time with Saviola & Gameiro up top, Nene, Matuidi, Pastore & Menez accross the middle, M'Bengue, Sakho, Toure & Ceara at the back and Sirigu in goal. At time I mixed this up with a 4-1-4-1 and a 4-4-1-1 when required, especially away from home against the better sides.

This season the Champions League beckons and I have brought in Antoine Griezmann as Nene's long term successor on the left, Gylfi Sigurdsson to add more depth in the centre ad Mauricio Isla at right back. Additionally I signed Gary Cahill on a free transfer, he seems perfect to take over from Toure in time as the ball playing centre back. Additionally I have signed Mario Balotelli on loan (maybe I'm insane) as well as Laurent Koscielny on loan (no idea why he was listed) as backup centre back/full back cover.

Just gone for 4-2-3-1 with 2DMC. Any suggestion to bring in a decent RB? I've just bid for Mercado from Estudiantes. Got 13M to spend.

I just signed Isla from Udinese who looks very good. No idea how he will perform though. You could get him for 10-12m.

im loving this save, they are the perfect team to play as. capital city club, sleeping giant who haven't had success for a long time, good youngsters, and obviously a chairman who pumps millions into the club. 5 points top after 27 games but lyon have a game in hand, also play them in the last 16 of europa league.

loving it!

If you don't mind going non-French then Palombo or Montolivo can do a good job in midfield. Hopefully Banega can too since I've just signed him - though he's more of a creative, advanced playmaker than a defensive minded midfielder who can pass. Could try Essien - he's transfer-listed after the first season in my game.

I felt I needed to sign a 'big name' for the fans - my signing, and with Leandro Damião joining from Internacional, I'm very happy. I will use him as a striker in a formation with only one striker. Kevin Gameiro will play as a right winger.

damiao.png

Hopefully he will continue to develop and take the French league my storm.

I sold Erdnic as he was doing NOTHING at all for me pre season and brought in Wilfried 2.6m absolute bargain is (out for month though :( ) would recommend everyone looking at him. Also brought in Emre Can for 600k adn Lucas Digne cannot remember figure. All young players looking too the future. Just need to free up some more money in the wage budget and lookin at some cover for Nene, will look at Xherdan Shaqiri, would be perfect. How old is he?

EDIT: Right literally posted this loaded up footy manager Hoarau out for 3 month, can anybody recommend a worthy addition to the strike force just for some cover as I only have Gameiro who is out and out striker? Loan if possible

I know Damião took big chunk out of your transfer budget... is that the last of your signings?

Yes he did, £18M, and the transfer windows closes in one week. I have bought three first team players and one player for the reserve / youth team. I'm happy with my team. No injuries and the players are pleased with their training.

But everything can happen in a week.

With Gameiro now also capable of playing on a wing I have four players on that two positions. And with Arnaud and Luyindula it's six players.

Is it going well for you?

Just going to start a PSG save. Had a great time with them on the last game. Mr Sundlofer, absolutely brilliant thread and info. I take my hat off to you, sir.

Welcome to the thread! Good luck with your save :thup:

If you don't mind going non-French then Palombo or Montolivo can do a good job in midfield. Hopefully Banega can too since I've just signed him - though he's more of a creative, advanced playmaker than a defensive minded midfielder who can pass. Could try Essien - he's transfer-listed after the first season in my game.

Essien is a good shout mate gonna look into him hopefully he isn't injury prone like real life

Don't be afraid to ask the board for improvements.

I asked for...

An feeder club - GRANTED

To upgrade the youth facilities - GRANTED

To upgrade the training facilities - GRANTED

More scouts - GRANTED

Just started up my PSG save, trying to get everything sorted before beginning the friendlies.

I was denied a feeder club, granted upgrade to training facilities. How long do I have to wait to ask for youth facilities, it is currently grayed out.

Just completed season one. Won Ligue 1 and the French Cup.

My team is pretty much complete now, and will surely dominate for years.

GK: Sirigu

DR: Vrsaljko

DC: Sakho

DC: Lugano

DL: Kolarov (£4.3m)

DM: M'Vila (£7m)

CM: Moussa Sissoko (£12m)

AMR: Menez

AMC: Pastore

AML: Willian

ST: Gameiro (Leandro, Wilfred on bench)

Incredible team for the division they're in. :)

Would you sell Menez for £22m though? Average stats and Chelsea bid that for him, not sure who I could replace him with though. I may have Balotelli and VDV coming in on loan too.

Would you sell Menez for £22m though? Average stats and Chelsea bid that for him...

I wouldn't sell him. Why? French, plays for the national team, loves the club and is in a good age.

I hope to create a team of players who loves the club and Ménéz will be a part of that.

I felt I needed to sign a 'big name' for the fans - my signing, and with Leandro Damião joining from Internacional, I'm very happy. I will use him as a striker in a formation with only one striker. Kevin Gameiro will play as a right winger.

damiao.png

Hopefully he will continue to develop and take the French league my storm.

I love the way you edit the pics, tried to replicate it with some of the ones in my team thread, but you can only do so much with MSPaint. :lol:

Looks like Damiao will be a great signing for the team though, don't think a striking partnership with Gameiro would work then?

I have added VdV and Balotelli on loan for the season, adding to an already amazing squad. I am so tempted to sell Menez though, his stats aren't the best for the frontline i use (AMR AML ST) but i have no idea who to replace him with. Kind of hoping Man City will let me have Mario cheap when the loan finishes (if he's successful though)

Has anyone signed Willian though? I got him for £12.75m and on cheap wages and his stats are amazing, a big improvement for Nene who I flogged for £5.5m and younger too :)

Most of the players I've signed have been on the transfer/loan list.

I've signed Willian as well. Awesome stats can play any midfield position. I play him as an I side forward but he can play AMC and Natural Winger as well. He's cheap for his amazing stats and he's young. I signed him for PSG played behind NeNe then after first season let Nene go.

I have added VdV and Balotelli on loan for the season, adding to an already amazing squad. I am so tempted to sell Menez though, his stats aren't the best for the frontline i use (AMR AML ST) but i have no idea who to replace him with. Kind of hoping Man City will let me have Mario cheap when the loan finishes (if he's successful though)

Has anyone signed Willian though? I got him for £12.75m and on cheap wages and his stats are amazing, a big improvement for Nene who I flogged for £5.5m and younger too :)

Most of the players I've signed have been on the transfer/loan list.

Looks like Damiao will be a great signing for the team though, don't think a striking partnership with Gameiro would work then?

Yes It could work very well with a partnership of Damião and Gameiro but I play with one central striker and two wingers. Gameiro is now trained to a new position - a right winger. And he has performed great, scored some important goals.

I am thinking about to sign a French based player in the 'Joker transfer window'. Aly Cissokho is a target, but Lyon wants £35M for him. Way to much!

And the team is performing well in the league. Still unbeaten.

The latest game:

psgompsgnea.png

I'm delighted!

That's pretty amazing, are you still in the first season?

...are you still in the first season?

Yes I'm still in the first season.

And against Marseille I had Gameiro, Ménez, Sissoko and Matuidi injured or suspended, so I'm happy I could score five goals. Kara did a great job as defensive midfielder, Capoue and Pastore bossed the midfield and Bahebeck was a constant threat on the left wing.

Marseille are now in big trouble. Maybe I should scout some of their players and see who I can make a bid for.

Would u mind sharing your formation with us...

First I decided to play a deep 4-2-3-1 formation. That's why I bought Kara to play as one of two defensive midfielders. With two games left before the season started I changed formation to a 4-1-2-2-1 = four defenders, one defensive midfielder, two central midfielders, two wingers and one striker.

My philosophy is to attack! I want players with pace, technique and strength.

The main striker often comes deep to get ball and play through-balls to my inside forwards (the wingers). Pastore is one of the two central midfielders. He's very attacking and makes forward runs. My fullbacks are also very attacking and makes forward runs in every attack.

I really want to strength the team during the 'Joker transfer window' and an interesting player in the league is Loïc Rémy, playing for struggling Marseille, scored 8 goals in 11 games. He has also scored 2 goals in 4 games for the French national team during the season.

remyr.png

No idea how much he will demand in wage, or if he's interested to sign for his rivals. But I want him!

Now some talk about the future at PSG - Alphonse Areola. I'm pleased with his development so far. And he will get even better.

areola.png

How is he developing at your save?

I also started my long-term PSG save as soon as the game was launched (took the Friday off from work). I already completed two seasons, so I guess its time for an update in this great thread.

Season 1:

First hours I mainly spend on updating my backroom staff, assigning players to the correct training schedules and setting up the set piece instructions and takers. I use downloaded training schedules (Dunc’s) and tactics (4-2-3-1 by XeNoN) as I get much more satisfaction from playing long-term saves, buying/selling players and finding great newgens than spending a lot of time on tweaking tactics and training.

I chose not to allow transfers in the first window (I find this more realistic), but still did some loan transfers:

In:

Sturridge (Chelsea, loan)

Draxler (Schalke, loan)

Frimpong (Arsenal, loan)

Robinson (Liverpool, loan)

Out:

Hoarau (Fenerbahce, loan)

Camara (Everton, loan)

Luyindula (Palermo, loan)

Line-up:

GK Sirigu

DR Jallet

DC Lugano

DC Sakho

DL Tiene

MC Sissoko

MC Matuidi

AMR Nene

AMC Pastore

AML Menez

SC Gameiro

Results:

I must say the first season was extremely successful. I won the League 1 title with a good margin and also managed to win the French Cup and Europa League (final against Sevilla). Furthermore, Gameiro was absolutely on fire as poacher and managed 64 goals overall and 42 in the league!

Season 2:

After this great season I decided to strengthen my squad for the Champions League this year. The most important transfers:

In:

Douglas (Twente, free)

Robinson (Liverpool, 9 M€)

Vigna (Velez, 2 M€ regen)

Montoya (Barcelona, free)

Diame (Wigan, free)

Griezmann (Sociedad, 24 M€)

Muniain (Athletic, 24 M€)

Niang (Caen, 7€)

Out:

Bisevac (Aston Villa, 7.5 M€)

Jallet (Granada, 10 M€)

Tiene (Wolves, 4 M€)

Ceara (free)

Sissoko (Wolves, 9 M€)

Erdinc (Inter, 12.5 M€)

Hoarau (A. Madrid, 5 M€)

Bodmer (St. Etienne, 3 M€)

Line-up:

GK Sirigu

DR Montoya

DC Lugano

DC Sakho

DL Robinson

MC Chantome

MC Matuidi

AMR Nene

AMC Pastore

AML Menez

SC Gameiro

Results:

Again a great season, winning the European Super Cup (against Barca, but was helped by early red card for Puyol), Coupe de la Ligue and Ligue 1. Unfortunately, I made a mistake in the French Cup, fielding only U-19 players in one of the first rounds and losing on penalties against some very poor side...I was knocked out of the CL in the first knock-out round by Barca (good revenge for them). Gameiro was again top scorer, but missed the last two months of the season. Niang finished with 10 goals in the league, amazing for a 17-year old!

Yes I'm still in the first season.

And against Marseille I had Gameiro, Ménez, Sissoko and Matuidi injured or suspended, so I'm happy I could score five goals. Kara did a great job as defensive midfielder, Capoue and Pastore bossed the midfield and Bahebeck was a constant threat on the left wing.

Marseille are now in big trouble. Maybe I should scout some of their players and see who I can make a bid for.

Interesting that OM are struggling. In my game they along with OL are my biggest challenger. In fact, as well as finishing second, OM also won the Europa League in 11/12.

Did you get Loïc Rémy?

I did! I paid a big transfer fee for him, and I could probably have got a cheaper similar player at a lower price, but he fits my transfer policy. And when he left his club, Marseille hasn't scored in the last four games :thup: ...

I also started my long-term PSG save as soon as the game... I already completed two seasons, so I guess its time for an update in this great thread.

A good update and you are doing well! :thup:

Nice to see you have signed Mbaye Niang and that he performs well for you. How is your youth players developing?

Interesting that OM are struggling. In my game they along with OL are my biggest challenger. In fact, as well as finishing second, OM also won the Europa League in 11/12.

Yeah they have a good strong squad. They are now in 14th place after 16 games. 4 points from relegation. The players thinks the club is underachieving and many of them wants to leave. Stéphane Mbia is set to sign for AC Milan.

A short update...

Still unbeaten in the league, in the cup and in the Europa League.

Signed Loïc Rémy from Marseille in the 'Joker transfer window'.

Asked the board to allow more physios - GRANTED

Here is the league table:

tableafter17games.png

Couldn't ask for more. Just waiting for that first lost to happen.

Quick update from me and osme thoughts now I'm a few months into my 2nd season.

My new signings are settling in quite well. I've had a tough schedule to start the year and while I won the Champions Trophy and I'm unbeaten in the league I've had quite a few draws and now sit 3rd, 2 points off the top, which is a little disappointing given the strength of my side. This wasn't helped by the Champions Trophy taking place 3 days before my first league game and a whole bunch of short-term injuries to key players.

My CL group was Sturm Graz, Stuttgart and Barcelona. I beat Graz 5-0 and Stuttgart 3-1 and lost 2-1 to a late Mascherano goal at home to Barca after a good performance. So Europe looks good. I'm confident I have enough to get teh draw I need against Stuttgart that should see me qualify.

I'm not too happy with my tactics. I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 (the game calls it a 4-5-1) and I'm struggling to get the wingers and striker playing well. I'd love to go with inside forwards but I've found Menez has such crap Teamwork and Decisions I need to use him as a winger or he wastes so many chances and gives possession away too much. Gameiro's been solid but not spectacular.

I'm already planning for next season. I think a new striker is needed, possibly 2. Lugano is also getting older and maybe I should look at a replacement to take over. Ongenda and Bahebeck have been doing well for me with Ongenda out on loan right now so I have some youngsters that may be able to take over.

I plan to sell Hoarau, Jallet and possibly Sissoko next summer. I have some youngsters I want to have take over from Sissoko and Jallet. I'll also have players leaving at the end of their contracts so that will free up even more wages (I'm currently £250k a week under budget).

I just need to get the team gelling a little better and I'm confident I'll take the league fairly easily. I almost have a fully fit squad again and I have more depth this year so I want to push to win at least one of the domestic cups.

Ive just looked on here, and this is by far the best club thread Ive been through :applause: & it is now the base of what I shall use for whichever FM13 thread I do.

Here we all were thinking we were quite good at it :p

Forgot to bring my PSG save onto my laptop so I decided to start again with PSG :) Thinking about playing 2 formations, 4-2-3-1 with 2DM and 4-2-3-1 depending on teams.

Hopefully I can get Vrsaljko this time :p

@ MrSundlofer. I've found the youth prospects to be very good at PSG. I've also had both training and youth facilities upgraded. There are probably 4-5 players with first team potential from my first 2 years youth teams and that's without even counting the more established young players such as Yaisien, Areola, Bahebeck & Kebano. So whilst it is great splashing the riches, I have a wealth of young (mainly attacking) options coming through.

...Yaisien, Areola, Bahebeck & Kebano. So whilst it is great splashing the riches, I have a wealth of young (mainly attacking) options coming through.

How is Yaisien developing for you? After some tutoring, his determination is higher and I will be looking to send him out on loan.

And Areola? He's developing great for me. Will probably be my first choice in 2-3 seasons.

Ive just looked on here, and this is by far the best club thread Ive been through :applause: & it is now the base of what I shall use for whichever FM13 thread I do.

Thank you! :thup:

I hope to create an even better thread for next year. New style, cleaner and better information.

Archived