Football Manager - The Board Game, Game Thread

Aidan Galashan - You win a Harry Redknapp lookalike competition. You win 15000 points

Aidan, is there anything else you wish to do on your turn? Especially considering you now have a rather handy 26750 points.

:D

May i suggest spending your 15000 points on a facelift. Sandra would be happy.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very possible, you're now the first owner of two clubs.

I'm assuming that's it for your turn, so over to Moon McNamee, who rolls a.. 5! Which moves him nicely round to a point based event of his own. Do you wish to risk it?

Arthur Bach is next, and he rolls a 4. No special events for him but it does mean that there are no more than one player on any one square as of yet.

coldkohmew - Do you wish to do anything this turn?

Alright, well in that case, we move on to...

Mike Jablonski, who rolls a 4. Nothing doing for him event wise, but with a bit in the bank, is there anything you wish to do, spartans5?

Hey dave you still alive...im itching to get to my turn.

Also had an idea that prehaps you could roll everyone at once, and then send PMs to ask if they want the card or not.

May make things faster as everyone would have a pm in their box, and could reply whenever, then you could send the replies back.

Then again may make it more complicated for you.

I don't know.....all i know is im itching to get my turn

Hey dave you still alive...im itching to get to my turn.

You know he posted less than half an hour before you, right? :p

Also had an idea that prehaps you could roll everyone at once, and then send PMs to ask if they want the card or not.

May make things faster as everyone would have a pm in their box, and could reply whenever, then you could send the replies back.

Then again may make it more complicated for you.

I don't know.....all i know is im itching to get my turn

I quite like this idea, as it would possibly move things along faster. One hurdle that would need to be overcome, though, would be that of everyone acting simultaneously when the turns aren't simultaneous. How do you get around the idea of person 4th on the go and person 10th on the go trying to buy the same unowned club? obviously the person earlier in the turn would be able to buy it, but would you then have to get person 10 to re-do their turn?

I know what you mean, this format will take a while. The only problem is that when people start to use their points more on each turn and buy clubs etc, having everyone have their turn simultaneously could get really confusing. It might have to happen though, I agree.

You know he posted less than half an hour before you, right? :p

Haha, yeh i realised after i posted.

Just i started the post, then got called out at work, so had to go do a job, came back and had to finish the post. :)

Anyways i don't know if it would be possible, but i was thinking more like this.

Dave posts everyones rolls. Asks everyone to PM their decision regarding do they take a card , if they landed on a points/events space

Dave waits for all the replies and then posts a summary on the forum, such as;

"Coach Crane landed on a points card but decided not to take a risk, what will his next move be,

Arthur Bach also landed on a points card but took the risk and unfortunatley misfiled his tax returns and loses 5000 points" Etc

Then he asks everyone to post their move for that turn, if they are buying other clubs, or pumping money into the club, hiring managers etc.

Dave waits for all the replies and then posts summary on the forum such as;

"Coach Cranes turn first and he decided to put all of his remaining points (9750) into the reading bank balance, lets see if that pushes them into a promotion spot.

Arthur Bach went next and decided to not do anything after recently being fined, prehaps to hide from any media backlash" Etc

Just my ideas, if they are rubbish then its cool, but either way loving the idea and thread

I think we'll finish this round as is, and then try the all-at-once method. It can't be any worse, surely?

Alright then, we move on to Kieran Hayden, who picks up his die and rolls a... 3! A club based event for him, but does he want to take it?

Of course I do :D

No doubt it'll be bad, knowing my luck, but hey, that's the game :D

I wouldn't have said that!

Through continued youth investment, your youth facilities increase by 4 levels

So... I'm assuming that you'll be unveiling the 'masterplan' this turn then? :p

The Government introduces a points tax to help reduce the deficit. Pay 10000 points

The first of our negative point based events, a shame for Long Tym Toon but his business rivals are probably secretly (or not so) delighted. With a negative points balance I'm sure there's not much left for this turn...

It's Stefan Guillermo next, and he rolls a 3. Would you like to risk the club based event?

The first of our negative point based events, a shame for Long Tym Toon but his business rivals are probably secretly (or not so) delighted. With a negative points balance I'm sure there's not much left for this turn...

It's Stefan Guillermo next, and he rolls a 3. Would you like to risk the club based event?

Yes, I might as well risk it...

Stefan Guillermo rolls the same as Kieran Hayden before him, and gets the following message...

Through continued youth investment, your youth facilities increase by 4 levels

Anything to be done this turn, Mr Guillermo?

You sure can.

Coach Crane, next, and he rolls a 4. No event for him, but almost 10000 points in the bank, there could be something happening. Anything to be done this turn?

Coach Crane would like to announce the takeover off Preston North End. :)

Hoping that two teams will serve him better in being the first promoted championship side.

This may bring him down to a measley points total but you have to speculate to accumulate.:applause:

Indeed you do!

It's Uncle Scrooge now, and he follows up that new purchase by rolling himself a 5! Possible point based event, but does he want to take it?

Indeed you do!

It's Uncle Scrooge now, and he follows up that new purchase by rolling himself a 5! Possible point based event, but does he want to take it?

I'll take the chance!

You are victorious in a tightly contested crossword competition against David Beckham. You win 15000 points

Is your new found wealth going to be utilised while it is still your turn?

Is your new found wealth going to be utilised while it is still your turn?

Nahh, I will keep the points in the vault and dive into them. :D

Was it really that hard to beat Beckham in a crossword competition? :p

He was disqualified because he misspelled his name...

You win a Harry Redknapp lookalike competition. You win 20000 points

There's certainly a few of these competitions going around...

Anything to be done now you have some cash in the bank?

A board room traitor has disappeared with £5M of the club's money

I'm sorry to inform you of this. It won't have any immediate effect on your points total, however. Anything you wish to do with your remaining 2000 points?

Well in that case it means our final player this round is Abdul Al-Salami! He rolls a 4, which doesn't move him to an event square. It does however, allow him the opportunity to spend his remaining points. Does he wish to do so?

Well in that case it means our final player this round is Abdul Al-Salami! He rolls a 4, which doesn't move him to an event square. It does however, allow him the opportunity to spend his remaining points. Does he wish to do so?

what about my guy ??

Archived