Sports Interactive Community

And me, cheers Knap. Your beta for 11.1 won me the league cup and 5th place with fulham

Link is fine

BTW Knap, same as usual? Defmid at right spot and target man right spot?

Can we use a more creative midfielder in the left?

Cheers

what kind of player is the target man and should the use target man icon be ticked?

Usual standard setup eg Defoe Crouch and Modric Sandro combo although not set in stone.

TM is unticked and no TMs are set up.

Knap

Have you changed much on your tactic for the new patch???

Steve

knap, I will not argue with you but this your tactics is just a modified version of the "devasto"!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't understand why your tactic has a very deep defensive line and also plays offside. I also don't understand why it plays both slow and counter attacking. Could you explain it to me a little bit, please?

I think I'm going to give it a shot anyways.

So far its doing well.

Im sure knap is going to develop his own from scratch 442, but itll take time.

Thanks for at least giving us a tactic for now mate

OI? No

Match preparation? Ass Man

Pitch size? Min

Knap are you working on a 442 from scratch? Hopefully you can make one similar to the 442 10.3. Based on Mr Hough's unbeaten was awesome

This is a 442 version, but you will find the mentality system very different from a standard team tactic which I use at the demo stage.

tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

knap, any chance for the x-tree formation?

The good old days of a proper ME with attacking and defensive formations, as it should be, are, I fear, long gone. I will probably give the xtree a run out but I don't expect it will produce results like the FM08 tactic.

Knap can you give me a link for the 442? Is it any good?

Thanks knap. Hope you can make yet another 442 masterpiece. Im making one myself

King Karl

Classic is the only way as you can see how your players are being used as part of tactic.

From my testing of tactical ideas IMO you need very few tactical options and this is more realistic than the AI's constant tactic changing. With shouts (when players cannot even hear a whistle), it should be combination of shouts which makes 1 different tactic option. In theory as long as you know your tactical options its easy to set up an option B tactic. I tend just to use runs and TW for options.

This is how it should be as 4222 is simply a more attacking 442 so should work with similar settings. Its not a final version so subject to change.

This is how it should be as 4222 is simply a more attacking 442 so should work with similar settings. Its not a final version so subject to change.

Thanks knap

Really struggling atm, look forward to your next installment :)

If you send me your game I will have a look at any issues.

If you send me your game I will have a look at any issues.

Sure. How do I do that? Upload my save game file?

knap, I will not argue with you but this your tactics is just a modified version of the "devasto"!!!

i'm waiting for an answer

Yes it is. Get over it. Knap has been a great contributer to these forums mate.

This tac is based in hough´s tombdriver, so u should go ask that question in that thread Tatox. It has been noticed that time that it was very much like yours.

Cheers

Knap, why are the cm's on man marking? Would it not make more sense to have them on zonal as a lot of teams play with three cm's?

Your input would be appreciated, thanks.

Tatox

Simple question - Does the mentality system in post 21 look anything like your tactics?

King Karl

Classic is the only way as you can see how your players are being used as part of tactic.

From my testing of tactical ideas IMO you need very few tactical options and this is more realistic than the AI's constant tactic changing. With shouts (when players cannot even hear a whistle), it should be combination of shouts which makes 1 different tactic option. In theory as long as you know your tactical options its easy to set up an option B tactic. I tend just to use runs and TW for options.

Aye i hear where you're coming from, i just enjoy the tactical choices; for example 'inside forward' and such. Good tactic, seeing how it works with my Liverpool squad who are really hit and miss and despite that we're forth. Love the Arsenal dig there, outstanding.

Tested it with Leeds. Not good. Started well with 2 wins, then suffered 2 losses, with one of them with just two shots against a weaker team.

With Leeds you need to buy and sell. In 11.2 promotion 1st season and mid table 2nd.

Knap, why are the cm's on man marking? Would it not make more sense to have them on zonal as a lot of teams play with three cm's?

Your input would be appreciated, thanks.

Bump

Team based risk and reward tactics just use a system, in this case a mixed marking, rather than look at individual elements.

I am looking at a 4231 atm and again mixed works better than zonal.

Also part of my general philosophy is that I play my own way and let the opposition worry about my strengths.

Good to see your working on a 4231 knap

I remember your 4321 on fm08, was unstoppable. Let me know of progress

King Karl

Just for you I've set up a TC 4231 - all TC features available - if useful I can add 4411 type tactics.

4231spursattack.tac - 0.00MB

Better then the 442? What are the results like?