What makes a wonderkid?

Simple question that I couldn't find the answer to while doing a search on these forums.

What makes a wonderkid? By that, I mean, how does a player get that description/label?

Is it linked to CA or PA? Obviously, it must be linked to age!

Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. I would be grateful if people could put any actual CA or PA ratings, if they are known, in spoilers. I'd rather any answer just said something like 'the player has to have high PA and a certain value of CA', or something like that, for instance. I'd personally rather not know any specific values! Cheers. :thup:

What makes a wonderkid? Ask Mrs. Crouchaldinho for that answer! ;)

I think the question has already been answered: combination of PA and reputation. A lot of wonderkids get into the national team really early. The wonderkids that get on the national team of a big nation (England, Italy, Germany) are one of the best players in their generation.

I am pretty sure reputation does not come into it nor do any attributes other than CA and PA. A wonderkid must be under 21 years old, have a CA of

or more and a PA of over

Added spoilers but needless to say they need a high CA and a very high PA.

Cheers for the answers guys. I thought the general consensus was that it is high CA and very high PA, as AB has said.

Not sure about reputation though. :confused:

When a player is capped by a nation, their reputation would go up anyways. And then the big clubs would notice that young player getting regular caps and be interested in them.

That's my logic anyways. :p

When a player is capped by a nation, their reputation would go up anyways. And then the big clubs would notice that young player getting regular caps and be interested in them.

That's my logic anyways. :p

That's pretty much what I thought. A player in an obscure league but with the PA/CA requirements probably won't be a Wonderkid because no one knows him because of his poor Reputation. Might have to get out the Editor and do a bit of testing if I can be bothered. :p

I am pretty sure reputation does not come into it nor do any attributes other than CA and PA. A wonderkid must be under 21 years old, have a CA of

or more and a PA of over

Unless SI have changed the criteria for this year's game, this is the exact answer. Enough testing was done for 09 and 10 to find it out. Suprised you didn't know this crouchy.

I believe I have seen wonderkids with a PA as low as 150, but that might have been in 08, so it could have been changed. Pretty sure I heard somebody official say that reputation certainly came into play.

I have no idea if this has been changed for 09/10/11 though :)

Unless SI have changed the criteria for this year's game, this is the exact answer. Enough testing was done for 09 and 10 to find it out. Suprised you didn't know this crouchy.

I always start in the lowest leagues so I rarely ever get to buy any wonderkids!

I have promoted St. Albans City up the leagues to the Premier League in FM10. Thus, the question has suddenly become of interest to me! :D

or more and a PA of over

I'm not sure about this. I've had Kieran Gibbs and Jack Rodwell both described as wonderkids both on FM10 and FM11 and they both have:

a PA of 160 and 166 respectively.

http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Wonderkid

Just going by what football manager wiki said. DO NOT click link if you do not want to see which players are considered wonder kids.

Rodwell and Gibbs were both

-9 on FM10 so that PA is possible, maybe it is less than what wiki says.

Reputation may play a part in it as well I placed an edited player with the right CA and PA at TNS in Wales with the lowest possible reputation and he was not considered a wonder kid.

I'm certain Gibbs and Rodwell had set PA's in FM10, both below the minimum PA the article suggests. They both had random potentials in FM09, but from experience Gibbs was never conisdered a wonderkid in that version.

Also, that list had Nicklas Bendtner as an example and he's had a set PA below 170 for at least three years now. Although that might be a case of a bad example. Plus it has several other players with random potentials.

^ In any case, I do remember people posting in the Good Player and Team Guide forum that Rodwell has wonderkid status when before 10.2/3 was released.

The values that the wiki have are probably averages of the most common CA and PA that people have seen amongst wonderkids, though evidently they aren't the minimum values required. That's my view of it anyway.

I have to agree, it would be interesting to see what the exact requirements are if any at all. Obviously a high PA is needed but maybe the CA is more important as the point in being a wonderkid is that you are a young player who is already very very good.

No doubt, it is mostly REPUTATION.

Martin Galvan and Aaron Ramsey are

-10 PA

, yet Douglas Costa gets the tag "wonderkid" while they don't...

Similarly, Kevin from Zaragoza has been amazing

(-9 PA)

and has been giving in impressive performances for my Arsenal side for the past season, yet he's not a wonderkid.

Archived