Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Hi all,

I haven't posted much on the forums as I've been playing FM 2007 the past 4 years (I got to 2084 and Lancaster City were the biggest club in the world!) and so haven't really been in the loop enough to post about the new games. Anyway I've bought FM2011 and i've been playing as Afan Lido in Wales (yes another Lido manager!). I'm a few seasons down the line and as it seems like i'll be committed to this save I thought i'd better start posting my progress. So here it goes:

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2011/12

Here's my Manager Profile.

League (League Table)

Nothing spectacular here. Was pretty clear early on that we weren't going to go down and that we weren't going to pull up any trees.

Domestic Cups

We went out at the first attempt of both cups.

Transfers

I had no transfer money so I signed a bunch of nobodys who had been been released from other welsh clubs at the end of the previous season. The most notable was former Swansea City and Wycombe Wanderers midfielder Stuart Roberts.

I have high hopes for youth prospect Paul Jones.

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 88

Club Value - £250k

Sponsership - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - N/A

League Rating - 270th (1 star)

League Coefficient - 1.249, 47th (of 53)

Career Summary

Season     League    Welsh Cup    League Cup    Europe     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    8th       3rd Rnd      1st Rnd       N/A        None

Aims For Next Season

Improve the league position and try to get into Europe.

Find some money from somewhere!

Thats all for now. I'll probably post again soon as i'm into the 5th season.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welsh Premiership - 2021/22

Transfers: We only signed a right wing from Wrexham on a free; the rest were all the same.

- In a year where we had to balance four competitions, we were sitting 6th and 12 points away from 1st place with 12 games left. We managed to get a great run, and TNS managed to just keep us off the lead by three points. We did not win the league for the first time in five years, yex; but to have finished second place when the season went like this, plus having been in the Euro cup group stages...I'll definitely take it.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- We beat up to five teams to get to the final, all Premier teams, and won the Cup for the third year in a row, trashing TNS 4-1, returning the favor of themhaving won the league only days before. We are now the team with more Loosemores Cups, with 6.

Welsh Cup

- We definitely suffered keeping a decent form for the main Cup with everything else that was happening this year, but managed to make it to the semifinals, were we lost to Haverfordwest only on PK (4-3) after a 0-0 game. The lads could barely walk at the end of ther 120 minutes.

Champions League

- Our best run yet. We crashed Kazajstan's Toboi 7-2 on aggregate, and then pulled a 6-4 agg result against Litex, who had beaten Legia 8-3 themselves. FC Copenhague killed us 7-1 overall...one single round away from the group stages, Still, happy as ever.

Euro Cup

- We qualified in the group stages after the CL loss, and were paired with Villarreal, Olympiakos, and Vitesse. We started with a win against the Dutch home 3-2, to then lose 7-0 at Vila-real,a game where we just could not help but watch amazing football.

- The third game was a 4-3 loss at Olympiakos, in a game where the 4-3 winning goal for the home side would arrive in the 88th minute, against a nine-men Afan Lido side due to convinient injuries after all subs were made. If we had tied that game, we would have gone onto the next stage.

- After a 3-3 game vs Olympiakos at Port (home), we managed to amazing wins, away to Vitesse 1-2, and at home against mighty Villarreal, 2-0. My favorite result so far in these eleven years. However, due to the direct results with Olympiakos, we were eliminated. That 4-3 reuslt killed us in the end. Villarreal and Olympiakos went on to play against each other in the round of 16, and Villarreal was out in the next round.

Euro group stage

In other news

Stats

- The midfield was superb this season. Jones and Kerr went on to get double digits both on goals and assists, and Niang gave 15 passes of goal in all competitions. Christos Angeli was just something else. He tapped 30 goals this year, five of them in Europe. He ended player of the year, and top scorer of the league.

- Andy Legg ended up winning the Welsh Cup...so now he is 8 points away from me, since I did not get any for winning the Losemoores. Great. Now I have to win everything to beat him...it's on, little fcuker!

- Also, the club will be spending around £3m to improve the youth facilities, finally....except that 3m is around 65% of our total money. Oh well. We did make £2m this year in European competition money.

- Season passes - 34, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 182 in average, 25 more than last year.

- Club's value - £3.7m - £1.7m more than last year!

- Sponsorship...still 50k pr year.

- Match/Season ticket - £9.30/£76 - Same as last year.

- The league is...36 up to 102nd; still at 1.5 stars but we're almost Top 100!!! 4 spots away from 2 stars, but I suspect that since TNS will probably do poorly at the CL, we'll go down next season.

- The club has gone up an amazing 102 spots, we are now 174th. Damn.

- Aims for next season:

1. To come back as winners of the league, and reclaim that CL spot!

2. To have a good Euro run; since there are going to be countless pre-group stage rounds, one never knows, but we'll give it a try.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2018/19 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 68p - QF Welsh Cup - Final Loosemores Cup

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner!

Best of the best: 2021/22

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 270 games *

Chris Bridges - GK - 229 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 229 games *

Gary Hutchings - RB/LB - 207 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 187 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 147 goals in 229 app *

Lee Barnard - ST - 72 goals in 162 app

Mark Richardson - ST - 48 goals in 141 app

Nathan Collins - ST - 58 goals in 126 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 54 goals in 270 app *

I'm half way through the season and so far I've had two failed takeovers with the following transfer embargos. Both failed ones have been "Local Businessmen". Meanwhile, SV Mattersburg has had a Saudi Tycoon takeover and have upgraded both youth and training facilities, aswell as splashing out allmost £10M(!) so far this season. I, on the other hand, have £17k to use for transfers. Djeezes....

Skjetten FC Seasons to date

I thought i'd start my long overdue resume of Skjetten's progress with Marcus Evan Cook. After returning to a club he took to European glory in a previous version of this challenge, the progress had been steady.

2011 - 9th Second Division Group 4, Lost in Norwegian Cup 1st Round

2012 - 1st Second Division Group 2 (Promotion secured), Lost in Norwegian Cup 3rd Round

2013 - 1st First Division (Promotion secured), Lost in Norwegian Cup Quarter Final

So that's the story so far...........

Skjetten FC Season Review 2014

After promotion as First Division Champions the aims were obvious, maintain Premiership status. This would be harder than anyone expected with many players opting not to remain at the club and sign new contracts. The media unsurprisedly expected us to to drop like a lead balloon and be back in the first division.

Yet again transfers were hard to come by and i had to boost the squad with free players. Sadly, none of these were real stars, however a number stood and were counted when the chips were down.

League Position - 13 th http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture4-6.png

Norwegian Cup - Knocked out in the First round

Whilst we remained in the league it was by no means an outstanding performance.

Players:

Adrian Navarro - A great free signing who i'm looking at developing in the mould of Gareth Bale, admittedly on the right! He had a solid start to his career in Norway http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture3-6.png

Andreas Moen - A solid performer who found the back of the net when it mattered. No star, but steady! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture2-8.png

Robert Stene - The top scorer with a measly 7 goals, but another steady performer. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture1-10.png

Aims for next season:

Maintain position and look for a top half finish, and at least quarter finals of the Norwegian Cup

I'm half way through the season and so far I've had two failed takeovers with the following transfer embargos. Both failed ones have been "Local Businessmen". Meanwhile, SV Mattersburg has had a Saudi Tycoon takeover and have upgraded both youth and training facilities, aswell as splashing out allmost £10M(!) so far this season. I, on the other hand, have £17k to use for transfers. Djeezes....

And then I get my third transfer embargo this season. Another "Local Businessman" wants to take over. Why am I waiting for another failure...?

Skjetten FC - Season Review 2015

Story so far.......

2012 - 1st Second Division Group 2 (Promotion secured), Lost in Norwegian Cup 3rd Round

2013 - 1st First Division (Promotion secured), Lost in Norwegian Cup Quarter Final

2014 - 13th Premiership, Lost in Norwegian Cup 1st Round

So after consolidating our position in the top flight the aim was to build upon this and push up the table. Things started quite well and we were able to hit mid season in the upper half of the league, well above our expected relegation place. This coincided with a much improved cup run and people started to take note.

Norwegian Cup

1st round - w 4-0 Fyllingen

2nd round - w 3-2 Kopervik

3rd round - w 3-0 Nardo

4th round - w 2-1 Rosenborg :thup:

Quarter Final - w 1-0 Tromso aet

Semi Final - w 4-3 Start

So we'd exceeded my expectations and had made the final for the first ever time. This saw us face Sandejford, as you can imagine they were favourites and nobody expected us to do anything. Imagine everyone's surprise when...

Saliou Ciss our left back struck a sweet shot from the edge of the area and nestled in the back of the net. 1-0 and that's how it remained! Skjetten were crowned Norwegian Cup champions for the first time.

League Position - 2nd :D The cup form really helped us perform in the League and a second place finish saw us enter the Euro Cup, our first voyage into European Football.

Aims for next season:

Qualify for Europe.

Skjetten FC - Season Review 2016

Story so far.......

2014 - 13th Premiership, Lost in Norwegian Cup 1st Round

2015 - 2nd Premiership, Won Norwegian Cup

After a truly memorable season winning the Norwegian Cup and European qualification people started to take Skjetten seriously and it allowed us to recruit a greater quality of player. Would these guys prove to be good enough to mount a serious title challenge?

First up was the Norwegian Super Cup, this saw us face the very strong Premiership Champions Rosenborg. Could we win, or are we going to face a hiding?

Norwegian Super Cup Result - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture1-3.png

Norwegian Cup

3rd round - w 2-0 Hodd

4th round - w 2-0 Lillestrom

Quarter Final - w 1-0 Molde

Semi Final - w 5-0 Fredrikstad

Final - w 3-1 Aaeslund

As you can see we were able to retain our crown as Champions of the Norwegian Cup. :thup:

The league was a really tight affair and saw ourselves and Rosenborg fight all the way down to the wire. It came down to the last match if we avoided defeat we would be crowned champions. Could we hold our nerve, or would be succumb to the pressure?

League Position 1st - Champions http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture6.png

So we actually achieved the treble and were the toast of the Norwegian League and Cups.

Euro Cup

Our first voyage into the unknown saw us draw Vardar in the Third Qualifying Round. The away leg saw us take a 4-0 victory back home, and a 1-1 draw at home was enough to secure a place in the Fourth round.

This saw Skjetten draw the massive French club LOSC Lille Metropole. Somehow we scarped a 1-1 draw away, and a 2-1 home victory!

Into the Group Stage we went and this saw us draw the following in our Group:

Sampdoria, Zenit and Le Mans FC

This proved a tall order for us and we finished bottom of the group with a mere 4 points. Zenit no surprisingly topped the group!

Players:

Erling Knudtzon - My AML whose stats are poor but managed to play out of his skin. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture8.png He even went on to pick up the Profile Player of the Year http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture7.png

Mikhail Kalashinikov - Affectionately known as "The Rifle". An outstanding Russian DC who was an absolute star for us. I've whacked on a £10 mil release clause, i just hope he stays and signs a new contract. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture7.png

Marcinho - My Norwegian/Brazilian DC who, with Kalashnikov formed a formidable partnership. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture7.png

Rafael Paraiba - My Brazilian striker who top scored for the club. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture3-2.png

Lapo Orlando - My Italian striker who will prove to be a good player. Sadly he's opted to leave on a free and join Southampton! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Gundo%20FM11/Picture2-2.png

Aims for next season:

Dominate Europe! :cool:

And then I get my third transfer embargo this season. Another "Local Businessman" wants to take over. Why am I waiting for another failure...?

Suprisingly, the takeover went through this time and they lifted the transfer embargo. The new chairman has informed me that no more money is going to be invested in the club. Great...

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian Erste Liga - Season 2012/13 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

League Table | League Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A great season. Early on it were clear it was a two horse race between us and Matterburg. They got a Saudi tycoon takover who splashed out cash on anything resembling talent, not leaving much for us. Still we got some new players and managed to beat them in the end, much thanks to Parapatits and Chinchilla who had great seasons. We had a takeover aswell, but the only thing they have done so far is take up a £1.2M loan. At least we are in the top flight next season and should get some more cash flowing thanks to that. Most top flight teams are following our matches regulary and I get weekly reports of them watching my players, but so far no bids have come. Hopefully I can keep hold of them for next season.

Again we went out in the Austrian Cup in the second round to a lower division team, 'nuff said.

This seasons first 11:

GK: Yordan Gospodinov - Our bulgarian veteran goalkeeper has been stable all season and should hold another season hopefully.

DR: Patrick Farkas - Young and talented, regular for Austria U21

DL: Lukas Rath - Our other young fullback had a solid season.

DC: Pablo Chinchilla - Another great season for Pablo. 9 goals as centre back is just great. Hopefully he will retain his ability for next season.

DC: Ione - An ok season, but has some horrible matches every now and then. Looking to replace his as I need someone a bit quicker next to Chinchilla.

DM: Phillipp Netzer - Managed to keep hold of him despite heavy interest from top teams, althought he got a little drop in form around that point. Still a good player.

DM: Marvin Potzmann - Came in halfway trough the season and got some matches. Should be a regulat when he gets geled with the rest of the guys.

AMC: Alberto Quintero - A good season, although Alberto struggled quite a bit with injuries. Hopefully he can return stronger for next season.

AMR: Oliver Schöpf - Doesn't have the greatest stats, but scores and assists a plenty.

AML: Emin Sulimani - A great season for Emin. He was singled out before ever match at the one to watch out for.

SC: Joachim Parapatits - The real star this season with all his goals. Also became topscorer in the league. He is aging a bit, but still class.

Season		League		Position	Europe		Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Erste Liga         5th            N/A            Mid table
2012/13	       Erste Liga	  1st		 N/A		Promotion

Welsh Premiership - 2022/23

Transfers: None, as we couldn't find anybody decent. We did bring up from the reserves the four players we had bought in May; 20 year old GK qwho had one start with Chelse at age 18 Charis Iliadis, from Cyprus; attacking mid Jack Hughes, ex-Tottenham, Bobby Parson, left mid from Chelsea also, and Kostas Nikolau, Brittish striker born in Cyprus who left Tottenham last summer. All the same type, the only type we can get; young, and a gamble.

- Euro Cup

We went past Croatian Cibalia (5-1 agg) and FBK Kaunas from Lithuania (5-2 agg), and went on to the last round before the Group Stages, against Scottish Motherwell. We lost both games against a better team, losing at home 1-3 and away 4-3. We put up a fight.

TNS went through one CL round, and fell on the next, to then also be eliminated in the Euro round we were in against Motherwell. At east they got some games going.

League

- Without the European games during the season, we were more into the league than last year, and the fight soon became a head to head between Lanelli and us. Legg's men were hoping to win the first league in 7 years, but it did not happen, as we clinched the title two games before the end of the regular season. It was really hard, but we did it, which shows the level of the league going up.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Out on quarterfinals. Broke the strike of three titles in a row...might as well give others the chance to win it. Neath Athletic got it.

Welsh Cup

- Beat a few lower sides, and went on to the quarterfinals, to beat TNS away 2-3 on overtime. Did the same thing on the semis vs Aberyswyth 0-1 away, and Lanelli waited in the final. After the 0-0 score in the 120th minute, we lost on penalties, 3-2. Hard to lose it that way, very hard. And even more to Lanelli.

In other news

Stats

- Same old. Ashley Jones and Kerr scoring from the midfield, and Angeli doing the same from up front. Honduran Jaime Vazquez has become the leader in the back, and the new signing Nikolaou definitely was the surprise.

- For some reason, even though we won the league and Legg only the cup, he is now 12 points away form me, with 7 league titles and 4 cups...They have won all four cups in the past 12 years, but Llanelli itself only has 4 titles in all of its history...and Legg started there as a manager, coming in 2009...which would mean he has 3 league titles, not seven. I don't get it, but I guess I just have to keep winning more than him year after year...

- Also, the board approved a second betterment of the youth facilities (as the last ones provided nothing), so there's that...as of today, we do not have a Welsh player on the team, but that is frankly due to not having decent youngsters. I'd be happy to get them in if they came with two feet instead of one, Jesus.

- Also kind of cool, Niang played with Senegal in the African Cup as a starter, and his country finished fourth. Also, Vazquez is in the US currently to play the Gold Cup.

- Season passes - 35, one more than last year. Man.

- Attendance - 216 in average, 40 more than last year! We are now on 3% of the stadium's capacity :D

- Club's value - £3.7m - £1.7m more than last year!

- Sponsorship...still 50k per year.

- Match/Season ticket - £10/£82 - £.5/£6 more than last year.

- The league is...I though we'd go down but we continue to go up! We are now 2 spots up to, officially, number 100. Awesome!

- The club has gone down 3 spots, we are now 179.

- Aims for next season:

1. To have a good European run.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Euro group stages

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 69p - Welsh Cup finalist - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro 4th round - Manager of the Year!

Best of the best: 2022/23

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 307 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 271 games *

Gary Hutchings - RB/LB - 233 games *

Chris Bridges - GK - 232 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 221 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 172 goals in 271 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 61 goals in 307 app *

Nathan Collins - ST - 58 goals in 126 app *

Mark Richardson - ST - 48 goals in 141 app

Edit: Apparently, we now have a new owner, but he must be a ninja; I haven't even noticed he was planning on buying us. Oh well. No extra money, so no news.

Churchill United FC – Northern Irish Second Division – 2013/14

Media Prediction: 14th

Odd’s: 50-1

Board Aim: Safe Mid-Table Finish

My Aim: Challenge for promotion

League Table

League Positions Graph

9th place isn’t a fair reflection on our season with us pushing for promotion right up until the last 5/6 weeks in which we lost nearly every game. If we kept our form going tight up until then we would have had a good chance of getting promoted but instead we have found ourselves in basically exactly the same position as the last two years.

Irish Cup – Another year where I wasn’t too interested in the cups, and I got knocked out in the 2nd round with a weakened side out

League Cup – What started as a competition which I didn’t care about quickly turned into one of the highlights of our season. We beat two division 1 sides, the first 4-1 with a half weakened side out, but our run came to an end in the semi’s against Cliftonville, who didn’t score until the 85th minute.

Intermediate Cup – The only tournament I actually tried in, and we get knocked out in the 1st round! Pretty disappointed due to it being the only one we had a realistic chance of winning but life moves on.

Transfers – Quite a few changes after last year’s disappointment, with 9 players coming in, as well as the 3 signed at the end of last season.

Squad – A lot better than last year, with 4 players breaking the 5 goal barrier! Need another striker or two which can score at least as much as Bloomer to get us up.

Key Players [/url] –

Barry Bloomer – First striker to score over 5 goals in a season, but most of them were at the start and couldn’t find the net when we needed it towards the end.

Neil Harkin – By far our best player even though he didn’t have the best average rating, could create chances from nothing and if we had the right players, he would have got a lot more assists.

Pete O’Shea – Our best defender by a mile, also chipped in with 6 goals.

Finances – Another massive lost, this year £46,000. There are rumours of a board takeover, and the chairman, James McMullan status has gone to will listen to offers.

Wage Budget:1,080/1,163 - (118)/ (down 58)

Ticket Price:£4 (no change)

Average Attendance: 89 (down 3)

Season Ticket Price: £37 (no change)

Season Ticket Holders: 27 (no change)

Estimated Value: £26k (down £2k)

Premiership Ranking: 287 (up 5)

Country Coefficient Position: 47th (no change)

Country Coefficient Value: 1.708 (no change)

Career Overview:

[b]Season     League               Position     Irish Cup       League Cup      Achievements[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Second Division      11th         2nd Round       1st Round  
2012/13    Second Division      10th         3rd Round       2nd Round
2013/14    Second Division       9th         2nd Round       S/F

Next Year:

My aims for next is again to mount a promotion challenge, but to maintain it right until the end of the season and hopefully get promoted

Congrats Xaw on your promotion, best of luck next season!

Thanks, hopefully I can manage to stay up. The board has refused to increase the wage budget, and since pretty much everyone had a clause of 40% wage incease in case of promotion, I'm well over my budget.

So close to the CL group stage this time. We went through two rounds and in the last one before it, we played Omonoia Nicosia, the worst team that we could have drawn. They beat us 3-1 at their stadium, and then we were winning at home 2-0, and were onto the group stage...to allow a goal on the 90th minute. Gutted.

The good news is that we are now amongst the best coefficient teams when it comes to the first CL rounds, which helps to draw weaker teams. We just happened to draw the best out of the worst teams this year (and they are a lot better than us).

On the other hand, we'll be for the second time in our history in the Uefa Cup grup stages. Here is our amazing group:

Hannover 96, a decent German side. Them and us will fight not to finish last probably.

Celtic, our neighbors lost the CL playoff and now we will have the privilege to play in their stadium.

Deportivo de la Coruña, also lost the CL playoff and to top things last year, they lost only in the final of this competition to Porto.

So we get a powerful German side, and two CL teams, including the finalist from last year. This is going to be fun lol.

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2012/13

League (League Table)

A good improvement. Felt pretty close to challenging to top three all season and with the help of some late season signings we won the european places playoff to secure our first tast of european football.

Domestic Cups

Had a decent run to the quarter finals of the Welsh Cup and took my first silverware with a 3-1 victory over Neath in the Loosemoores League Cup.

Transfers (Transfers)

Made a few free transfers in the summer with the best being Ben Wood, a regen released by Everton who had 14 finishing. There were a few welsh players from the football league that I was after but they weren't interested. They were still free agents come april and suddenly Afan Lido appealed to them so I snapped up Arron Davies, Byron Anthony, Gareth Roberts and most impressively 7 times capped former Ipswich stopper Lewis Price!

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 113 {up 25}

Club Value - £250k

Sponsership - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - N/A

League Rating - 363rd (0.5 star) {down 93 (down 0.5 stars)}

League Coefficient - 1.249, 49th (of 53) {down 2 places}

Career Summary

Season     League    Welsh Cup    League Cup    Europe     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    8th       3rd Rnd      1st Rnd       N/A        None
2012/13    4th       QF           Winners       N/A        Won European Places Playoff

Aims For Next Season

Try and challenge for the title and don't get embarrased in europe.

You too, enjoy European football! Don't get discouraged by the league rep, as you start doing well in Europe you'll go up. I remember going down like 150 places on the first seasons; now the league is at exactly number 100 :)

Also the Welsh Cup's money is skyrocketing, we have gradually been getting more and more money. We got 200k just for finishing finalists last season.

Finished last in the group, only getting those first three points. Lost away 2-1 last year's finalist Deportivo, lost to Celtic home 1-3 and away 2-0, then lost 1-2 away to Hannover when we were winning, had a CB sent off after 15 minutes, and got scored the 1-2 on a free kick on the 95th minute. Then, Deportivo killed us 1-4 with a goal disallowed and two posts by us. It happens.

I have no idea how that guy managed to win the CL; I am barely able to get through stages and cannot sign anybody else than who I have. Oh well.

My best player (Ngassa, tanzanian right-winger) is wanted by a whole bunch of clubs and is "feeling the pressure". Which means he's always on poor/very poor morale and never above average form (about 6.80 average rating). However nobody offers more than 25.5K€ for him, which is ridiculously low given that doesn't even pay a month of wages of my team, I've sold two youngsters for 100K each earlier in the season. He's got another 18 months on his contract. What do I do?

Welsh Premiership - 2023/24

Transfers: Brought in a young center mid for free, let go a bunch of youngsters who were worth nothing. I did push up to the first team a GK and CB from the youth system, who even though were nothing more than bench meat...I just felt bad not having a single Welsh player. They did get some minutes.

- Champions League

We cruised by Slovenian Rudar (7-2 agg) and Belgian Lokeren (4-2 agg, even though they had a better team), to then go head to head against thew last obstacle before the group stages, Omonoia Nicosia from Cyprus. The club is worth around ten times more than us and they had 9 regular internationals from several countries, so even though we were ahead on the coefficients and were supposed to get a weaker club, we just got the best club out of the eight possible options (most of the other teams were all gray, but we just didn't get lucky).

We lost away 3-1, with that third goal coming on the 90th minute. On the second leg, we managed a 2-0 lead at the ending of the game, to then get scored on the 90th minute. Two last minute goals which left us out of the group stages, and out of lots, lots of money.

- Euro cup

We were drawed with Hannover 96, last year's finalist Deportivo, and Scotland's giants, Celtic. We were not expecting much, but a 6-1 opening to the German side at home gave us hopes. We collected losses on the next five games, even though we deserved more in most of them, but we came out as last in the group. Still, a good run.

League

- Even with the European games, we managed not to get too far away from the lead, and we ultimately got it back around the second half of the season, securing the league three games away from the end of the year...Lanelli finished second, which is always nice :)

Table

Loosemores Cup

- For the second year in a row, out on Quarterfinals.

Welsh Cup

- Beat Port Talbot 2-0, to then do the same, away, to Bangor 1-3. Lanelli beat us on the quarterfinals at their stadium, 3-1. As of today, we have played 12 of the past 15 Cup games away from our home...the draws are a little dodgy, and I am starting to get a little annoyed that, once we get onto the final stages of this cup, 90% of the games "happen" to be away. Oh well.

In other news

Stats

- Part of the reason why we didn't do better in Europe and got more points in the league was because mighty Angeli missed 4 months with a broken elbow. That definitely hurt us, but Nikolaou continued to kick them in just like last season. Charis Iliadis got ahold of the starting spot as a goalkeeper, and was also called for the national team of Cyprus, which was really cool, as we only have a couple of African internationals.

- As for the rest, Jones, Kerr and Niang were class, as usual.

- Since Lanelli did not win anything this year, I am now 4 points away from Legg as the best manager in Wales, which would mean one Welsh Cup (4 points) or a league (8 points) away :)

- After approving improvements in both youth and training facilities, both were cancelled by the new president (he waited until the very last day, too) due to lack of funds...even though we have around £6m sitting there. I guess I'll have to wait until we touch 10 mil or something...and building or remodeling the stadium is a no-no also, even though we fill the 550 seats every European game we have.

- If we happen to win the league next year, we will have the record for most leagues in the history of it, passing Barry Town with eight, whom we tie now. Pretty cool seeing as we won our first league exactly eleven years ago. We have won eight out of the last eleven leagues.

- 14 years later...I am a favorite of the fans, but only under favorite personnel. Yay.

- Season passes - 36, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 233 in average, 15 more than last year.

- Club's value - £4.6m - £.9m more than last year.

- Sponsorship - Still 50k per year.

- Match/Season ticket - £10/£82 - Same as last year.

- The league is...up six spots, we are now number 94 and officially a two star league! We are now officially better than Denmark's first division :)

- The club has gone up 21 places, we are now 159.

- The league is also now number 29 as of coefficients. Two spots up more, and one of our three Euro cup spots will start one round later!

- Aims for next season:

1. To see if we can find some better players from the youth system, although i doubt it. I'm trying though.

2. To do whatever we can to get to the CL group stages!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Euro group stages

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 69p - Welsh Cup finalist - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro 4th round - Manager of the Year!

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

Best of the best: 2022/23

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 346 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 299 games *

Gary Hutchings - RB/LB - 262 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 253 games *

Chris Bridges - GK - 232 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 181 goals in 299 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 67 goals in 346 app *

Nathan Collins - ST - 65 goals in 166 app *

Scottish Kerr - CM - 54 goals in 202 app

Scottish Kerr has overtaken ex-Afan (and now Bangor)'s Mark Richardson as fifth best scorer in the team's history.

We finally did it! We have qualified for the 2024/25 Champions League group stages :)

We have been drawn with:

Benfica - The Portuguese were the Uefa Cup's 2020/21 winners.

Girondins Bordeaux - The French have finished semifinalists and quarter finalists in the Uefa Cup for the past two years, and are usual in the CL group stages, where they tricke down to the final Euro stages from there.

Mighty, mighty Barça! In the past 4 years, Barcelona have won a Uefa Cup, a Champions League, and have gotten to another CL final. Enough said.

We are probably going to get trashed game after game, but you know what? We don't care! Barcelona will have to come to Wales to play in our stadium with 550 seated spectators!

Also, just for getting to the group stages, we have received £6m, which was exactly what we had atn...so we had just doubled our money books. BAM.

Edit: We lost our first game home, 3-6 to Barcelona, the fans were never happier for such a crazy loss!

I have no idea how that guy managed to win the CL; I am barely able to get through stages and cannot sign anybody else than who I have. Oh well.

I know what you mean, since qualifying for the Champions League in 2013 I've only managed to make it to the Champions League knockout stage once in six attempts, but my national/club coefficient and league rep is slowly increasing, and the players I can sign slowly getting better, so until they stop increasing I'll keep at it - although my players are still a mile away from the standard of the big players in the Champions League!

Edit - I see you've qualified for the CL Group Stages - congrats!

The league is starting to run league games on TV. I don't know if that could mean any extra money, but it's pretty cool!

It will mean extra money as the reputation of the league improves then the money from TV improves as well but the increase will probably start off quite small

It has happened. Lanelli, on 10th place and 18 points away from 1st, has sacked Andy Legg. Even though I am really happy our rivals are doing so badly, I am kind of sad that old Andy is out of the team where he was for 15 years. We had sort of a Wenger-Ferguson thing going. That being said, I am now clearly on the run to overtake his spot as manager with more silverware in the history of Wales.

I do hope 58 year old Legg finds a new team though, I like him around :D

I completely missed that. Quite impressive to climb from level 3 to level 1 and win it all (domestically) in 6 seasons. Well done.

Cheers, i've got a bit of previous in this challenge and my aim is to crack Europe within 3 years! My aim is always to do the lot within 10 years, nothing like a challenge :cool:

Welsh Premiership - 2024/25

Transfers: We only brought5 in two centerbacks, one as a loan from Scotland, a young, tall guy who got a red card in the first minute of the first game he played, and he did not play much more after that. We brought Harris a a replacement for...well, the replacement. We also felt as a couple of guys could be let go to give minutes to the youngsters, so three players left.

- Champions League

We had a longer run than we expected. We cruised by HB 7-1 on aggregate, and then, Swedish Halmstad got on the way. They shot four times and score four times in the first leg, leaving a score of 4-1 in their stadium. Honestly I was thinking more about the Euro stages ahead...when we managed a 5-1 score at home, to win the leg (even though they, once again, shot once and score 100% of their shots).

So we were, once again, onto the last round before the group stages. As usual, of all the possible lower coefficient teams, we got the worst one, but this time, we didn't care. They got a guy sent off at their stadium on the first game, and we massacred them 6-0. They won at Port Talbot 0-2, but it didn't matter. We were on the group stages...

...Group stages in which we did not manage a single point lol. We lost to Barcelona 3-6 home and 4-0 away, and to Bourdeaux 1-5 and 0-5. Benfica was a bit closer, as we lost 0-2 at Portugal, and 1-2 home. The group was so strong, Barcelona did not even get into the next stage...and they won the Euro cup. And Benfica got to the semifinals. So yeah, it was a good run.

CL Group Stages

League

- Llanelli collapsed, Legg was sacked, and with them gone, we didn't really have a competitor. We won the league over twenty points ahead of second place, and playing the last third of the season with the youngsters to give them minutes.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- We beat Haverfordwest, Cambrian, Bridgend and local rivals Port Talbo 4-0 in the final to re-clain the title. We are now the team with more Loosemores Cups in the history, with seven; five of those under my managing.

Welsh Cup

- We trashed Newport 6-1 in the 4th round, and then, we played home in a quarterfinal of the Welsh Cup for the first time in 7 years....to then see this happen. We held on til the penalties, but lost 1-2.

In other news

Stats

- The same players were the key ones, with Niang going out to Africa on his spare time and becoming an African Cup finalist. Ashley Jones won player of the year in Wales, and also got the third best goal in the CL season. Angeli finished in the top 5 of the CL scorers, with 6 goals; Niang second best assitant with 8, and the team in general, the second most scoring one, with 24.

- Simpson got best young player of the year.

- Now that Legg is gone (Lanelli did not even qualify for the European playoffs), and since we won the league, i am now as the best manager in Wales in the history. Legg is now 4 points behind, but without a club; and the third one is around 4 league titles apart from me.

- We have agreed to improve the youth facilities again (this time they approved it after waiting for a year); they will be completed in November. The board also gave away £1.1m in dividends; the club has around £9m in the books. We are also now the club with the most league titles ever, with nine.

- Season passes - 37, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 233 in average, 15 more than last year.

- Club's value - £7m - £2.4m more than last year.

- The league was up an amazing 25 spots, and we are now 68th, awesome. We are now ahead of the first divisions of Sweden, Serbia, Norway, and even Scotland.

- The club has gone up another 30 places, we are now 129th.

- The league is also 27th, up from 29th last year. One of our teams now will start one Euro round later. Sounds good to me, these other teams need all the help they can get to get through the round!

- Aims for next season:

1. Repeat CL group stages!

2. To win the Welsh Cup for the only second time in my spell here.

2023/24 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 73p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - Champions League Group Stages

Best of the best: 2024/25

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 380 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 338 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 268 games *

Chris Bridges - GK - 258 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 201 goals in 338 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 75 goals in 380 app *

Nathan Collins - ST - 73 goals in 186 app *

Scottish Kerr - CM - 74 goals in 226 app *

Angeli got to the number of 200 goals with this shirt, and keeps on at age 28. It makes me wonder how some people in these forums have one guy score 1,000 goals...Oh well. Life is good in Port Talbot :)

Average attendances of 233.. so I'm guessing the Champions League group stage games have attendances of 300 or 400 or so? That's bizarre!

The champions league attendance will probably be capacity of how many seated he has in his ground.

The champions league attendance will probably be capacity of how many seated he has in his ground.

Yeah, the averahe attendance for every single European game I have ever played has been 550, my seated capacity. I have asked the board to spend some of the now £12m in remodeling the stadium, but no cigar.

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2015/16

Table

Position

I knew the difference between the 1st and 2nd divisions wasn't huge and so thought i could avoid relegation. I started well and after a mid season blip really picked up to finish 3rd and qualify for europe for the first time. Key to my form was my performance at home gaining 37 points out of 45.

Only downside is that the team is a million pounds in debt, so i need a good run in europe next year. My facilities have been downgraded this year and in spite of being really good by hungarian standards no youth players have yet appeared who could make it into the first team.

Squad

Transfers

Again the squad was only strengthened by free transfers, although my midfield is extremely strong. My best player is Kila again and i also picked up this striker who was my top scorer with 10 goals

Season            League               Position             Cup                          League Cup                          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                                  None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                                  None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                                  None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                              -                                  None
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                          Group Stage                            European Qualification

League Rating

14/15 - 71st place (2*)

15/16 - 52nd place (2.5*)

B.W.G, it's been ages since you've updated us... ;) how is the league rep going?

Not played it in ages, all I can remember is that the Welsh Prem is on 3 stars and the rest of the league suck. I kind of realised I'd be dominating for along time especially beating the new team 20-0 (even though they finished with 9 men). The other interesting fact is 11/12 teams are full time.

Still have the save though so it I'll do some more on Wednesday!!!

Not played it in ages, all I can remember is that the Welsh Prem is on 3 stars and the rest of the league suck. I kind of realised I'd be dominating for along time especially beating the new team 20-0 (even though they finished with 9 men). The other interesting fact is 11/12 teams are full time.

Still have the save though so it I'll do some more on Wednesday!!!

You really won one of your league games 20-0?? Wow, and I thought my 8-0 was impressive - obviously not!

Quite interesting that you have so many full time teams now, I think in my Dunloy save the Northern Irish League is now 2/2.5* rep (they have just earnt a 2nd CL spot thanks to my hard work), however, aside from my side, the only other full time side (Linfield) has reverted back to semi-pro, and no other sides look likely to go pro (or win a match in Europe).

Did you help the other sides out with money / players, or did they do it on their own? I'd love some competition, I've now been undefeated in the Northern Irish domestic league for close to 5 seasons!

Sirera's Afan Lido

Wales - 2025/26

Not many transfers; as it has been happening lately, we simply cannot find better players than the ones we have. Brought in a Polish right defender who played well but for some reason, did not want to renew his contract. Maybe it was because he got red carded, I fined him, and the ENTIRE team asked got ****ed off. I had to have 25 different conversations addressing the same issue.

We also signed a left wing from Everton who didn't play much and left at the end of the year, and a promising Brittish midfielder in Jim Terry, who is now being called for the U-21 and U-19 English side.

Even though our youth facilities are now more than decent, nothing good comes through them, so that didn't help either.

- Champions League

Islandic IBV was no match (8-1 agg), and Ujpest, from Hungary, either (7-2). We did get a fierce rival in Dinamo Zagreb, and after a 0-0 draw home, we lost 0-2 in Zagreb. They shot eight times, one in goal...and scored twice. Sure.

- Euro cup

We qualified directly to the group stages after losing to Dinamo, and were drawed with Anorthosis from Cyprus, Belgian Brujas and mighty Rangers from Scotland. We were, for the first time in a European group stages, better seeded than the lower sides, and on paper we were the third better seeded team of the group before Anorthosis.

We managed three ties in the first three games, to then lose our fourth game to Rangers in Scotland 3-1. We did win our first game of the eyar against Anorthosis 3-2 home, and would have had chances to qualify if Rangers had managed not to lose to Brujas home...which they did. I was a little ****ed off Rangers had donde that, and after we snatched a 0-1 win in Belgium against all odds with one goal in the 90th minute by home-boy Roberts, we were left scratching our heads, one point away from the team we had just beaten. Something as easy as a win or draw by Rangers againsr Brujas in Scotland would have seen us on the next stage.

CL Group Stages

League

- Llanelli took over the 1st place pretty soon and stood there for a while, but lost air towards the end of the season and we claimed our spot. Aberyswyth gaves us a run for our money and we couldn't claim the title until three games before the end.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- We lost to Aberyswyth away 1-3 in a game where we were simply too tired to put up a fight after 7 games that month...and to the fact that, on that game, we had seven players away on international duty, and three injured.

Welsh Cup

- Only allowed one goal in five games to claim our second Welsh Cup ever, taking revenge on Aberyswyth by getting the trophy with a 2-0 win.

In other news

Stats

- Angeli, Collins and Nikolaou took turns to net them in, with Niang and Pearson giving them away from the wings. Angeli and goalkeeper Iliadis both were called for the national team of Cyprus several times, and Niang with Senegal and Vazquez with Honduras were active part on their nation's qualifying to the World Cup. Niang made it to the round of 16.

- After league and cup this year, I now have 16 titles in my 15 years here. I am the best manger to ever manage in Wales by far, and if I repeat everything I have done again, I will be in number 10 of best Spanish managers lol. The fans consider me now an icon.

- We now have excellent youth facilities, and our training ones will be bettered by October this year. Also, the youth ones will be improved next year. Seeing as no matter how good the facilities are, the players do not look much better, this might be money out the window...but we'll try.

- Niang got player of the year in Wales, and Terry, young player of the year. Ten of our players were in the best eleven of the year. The board has just given away around £600k in dividends.

- Also, and along with the previous posts; for the first time I've seen, a couple of times are now professional.

- Season passes - 38, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 347 in average, 112 more than last year.

- Club's value - £8.25m - £1.25m more than last year.

- The league was up an amazing 10 places, and we are now in number 58. This is looking promising.

- The club has gone up another a whooping 44 places, we are officially in the Top 100! Number 86!

- The league is now 26th, in coefficient. We're 11 places away from earning one extra European spot. Far away,

- Aims for next season:

- CL group stages, CL group stages, CL group stages!

2023/24 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 73p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - Champions League Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 72p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Cup group stages

Best of the best: 2024/25

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 411 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 367 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 284 games *

Niang - RM - 280 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 214 goals in 367 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 81 goals in 411 app *

Nathan Collins - ST - 88 goals in 211 app *

Scottish Kerr - CM - 74 goals in 226 app *

You really won one of your league games 20-0?? Wow, and I thought my 8-0 was impressive - obviously not!

Quite interesting that you have so many full time teams now, I think in my Dunloy save the Northern Irish League is now 2/2.5* rep (they have just earnt a 2nd CL spot thanks to my hard work), however, aside from my side, the only other full time side (Linfield) has reverted back to semi-pro, and no other sides look likely to go pro (or win a match in Europe).

Did you help the other sides out with money / players, or did they do it on their own? I'd love some competition, I've now been undefeated in the Northern Irish domestic league for close to 5 seasons!

I've not helped any of the teams out but TNS and Neath are starting to breakaway from the rest of the pack but they're along way off me. I think its down to me being the champs league holders so us and TNS go in group stages and Neath are in qualifiers. Although Neath are the only Welsh team since us to reach the Euro Cup group stages.

As for the 20-0 win....here you go. I also beat them 10-0 in the return game.

BridgendvCambrianClydachInformation_Overview.png

Dunloy 2019/20 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in Champions League Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of Champions League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

38 Pld, 25 Won, 13 Drn, 0 Lst, 83 For, 29 Ag, +54 GD, 88 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: After going undefeated in the league the past two seasons, I of course wanted to continue that this season, and whilst I did manage to again go undefeated, I only managed 25 wins and 13 draws, resulting in 14 points less than last season. Still - with 116 league games without a loss now, I can't complain!

2020 League Table

In terms of the Domestic Cups, I won the All-Irish, League and Co-An cups convincingly, but annoyingly lost to Glentoran after extra time in the Northern Irish Cup Final.

League Reputation: 65th (between Swedish Premier Division and Cypriot A Division)

Club Coefficient: 22nd (between Galatasaray and Sporting CP)

National Coefficient: 12th (between Scotland and Greece)

Europe: Once again I started my European adventures in the Champions League 2nd Qual Round, and as usual went through the qualifying rounds without many problems as follows:

2nd Qual Rnd v Pelister (Macedonia): 5-1 (A), 2-0 (H)

3rd Qual Rnd v Anorthosi (Cyprus): 1-0 (A), 5-1 (H)

Playoff v Anderlecth (Belgium): 5-1 (H), 2-1 (A)

Once again we were seeded 3rd for the group draw, but that didn't mean we were handed an easy group (is there such thing as an easy CL Group?), up against Arsenal, At. Madrid, and minnows CFR Cluj - at least I was confident of not coming last!

I managed 2-1(A) and 5-1(H) wins against CFR Cluj, and 2-5(H) and 1-4(A) losses to Arsenal - no surprises there. The test came against At. Madrid, where I managed a lucky 1-0 home win, but then an unlucky 0-1 away loss, to end with 9 points. Whilst that was enough to qualify in some groups, it was not in this group, as At. Madrid managed a surprise 3-0 win against Arsenal to seal 2nd spot (and eventually made it all the way to the final!).

2020 Champions League Group Stage

Whilst we were unable to match last season's feat of qualifying from the CL group stage, there was once again the Europa League knockout rounds to deal with, and I was much more comfortable against the 'second best' teams in Europe. My amazing Europa League journey went as follows:

Europa League

1st Knockout Round v FC Groningen: 2-2(A), 5-2(H) - An even away leg, but dominated the home leg, coming from behind to win with Moses Jagne getting yet another hat-trick

2nd Knockout Round v Aberdeen: 4-0(H), 2-1(A) - Dominated the home leg against my 'parent club', with Jagne getting a brace. Away leg was much closer, but an own goal gave me the win

Qtr Final v Porto: 1-1(H), 3-1(A) - First quality opponent I had faced in this Europa League run, the home leg was an even 1-1 draw, and whilst Porto dominated much of the away leg, I managed a couple of goals on the counter attack to secure an undeserved win

Semi Final v Florentine: 3-1(A), 2-0(H) - A fairly even away leg, but a hat-trick from Matthew Newman put us in a good position, and Newman added two more in the home leg which we controlled, to get us into the Europa League Final against OM!

However, the semi-final win came at a cost, with 2 yellow cards resulting in 2 suspensions, and two more injuries prior to the final, meaning I had to field 3 U18 players on the bench as I did not have enough eligible players!

Europa Leauge Final v OM: 0-5 - Whilst I had played them twice previously in the Champions League for two losses, I was confident I could turn it around this season, despite the missing players. However, what actually happened was the worst loss in Dunloy history! To be fair, it was actually a close game, but OM managed an amazing 4 goals within 8 minutes to completely blow Dunloy out of the water. Whilst the loss was disappointing, it was a great run, and was enough to push Northern Ireland up the coefficient rankings and earn them a second Champions League place in two seasons time!

Also, whilst ultimately unsuccessful, hopefully this cup run will increase the reputation of the club and let me attract some semi-quality players (and shock horror maybe someone from outside the UK, which still hasn't happened!)

Team Summary / Star Players

Whilst I did bring in 10 more players this season for a total of $8M, a lot of them never really broke into the team and I'm hoping they will develop in the future. However, the big signing of the season, costing $5M from Fulham and breaking previous transfer records, was:

Ricky Jones: Whilst I don't think he was worth $5M (most of my transfer budget), the two reasons I spent that much on him was that I was short on midfielders, and more importantly I still couldn't attract anyone better to club, no matter how much money I threw at them! Whilst he had a solid season with 61 games at 7.12, he wasn't the best Dunloy player, but at 21 I'm hoping he will improve in the future.

However, the Fan's Player of the Season, top scorer, and my personal favorite, for the second season running, was:

Moses Jagne: Whist not quite as good as his debut season, he still managed 33 goals, 21 assists and 9 MoM at 7.35 from 58 games, and his stats look to be improving! He was single handedly responsible for our great European run, with 14 goals from 17 European games, let's hope he can keep on improving!

2020 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Whilst the average age of the team is still only 23, some of my key players are now 24/25 and in their prime, so whilst I will be looking to keep strengthening the side, I'm thinking I could have a good opportunity in the next couple of years once this squad gets in their prime

Finances / Facilities

Another good European run, another tidy profit, this time $7.5M despite spending another $8M on transfers and $10M on facilities upgrades. Total bank balance is now over $42M, although the board still only give me a $9M transfer budget.

2020 Finances

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Good + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 340

Biggest Defeat: 5-0 v OM (N) EURO Cup Final 13/5/2020

Most Games Won in Row: 19 - 30/4/2019 to 21/9/2019

Most Games Without Losing: 42 - 14/12/2019 to 6/5/2020

Most Assists: Jamie Newell - 31

Highest Average Rating: Jamie Newell - 7.61 (43 apps)

Worst Discipline: Jamie Newell - 9 yellow cards / 1 red card

Most League Apps for Club: Mike Kelly - 131

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $5,000,000 (Ricky Jones from Fulham - 3/8/2019)

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $300,000 (Tommy Eaton to Bohemians - 16/1/2020)

Total Transfer Spending: $8,000,000

Total Transfer Income: $2,700,000

Congrats on reaching the final alot quicker then me but really unlucky in the final. You'll be there as winners in the next few seasons!

Thanks, although I should make it clearer - it was the Europa League Final, after coming 3rd in my CL Group Stage - so a bit more work to do yet before the real thing...

Archived