Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

And you think you have it bad for nationalising players?

It's 10 years in Slovenia, and you are only allowed 3 non-EU players in the squad for domestic games.

:mad:

I guess I got luck with Bulgaria then, only 3 years for nationality and 5 non-EU players allowed in the starting 18... and that is really starting to pay dividends, with 3 players already nationalising and a couple more not too far away!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a norwegian I have a soft spot for those of you who take the challenge of managing in our country. You have to deal with small and poor facilities and the players aren't always the cream of the crop. But still it is nice to see that a lot of you have success.

So if you can take either Brodd or Stålkameratene to the top of europe, then it is some hell of an achievement. Good luck to all of you. (To those who play in other countries as well)

Always enjoy my saves in Norway, in previous FM's I found it really difficult to gain promotion from the Adeccoligaen, so was delighted to get to the Tippeligaen within 4 seasons in my Brodd save.

cookie15 has remarkably completed this challege in Norway in the last four FM's I think it is.

Yeah I noticed he's not opted for Norway this year? I'm trying this informally with a Hungarian team as I've been struggling to get going with this year's version. I've saved my profile and personal screens in case it does get going!

How has everyone found the fluid league reps?

Wow. That is impressive of cookie15. But I guess you have done well over the years as well, Gundo. Wasn't it Randaberg that was you favoured team? Now they are in Adeccoligaen. Have a strong squad.

It was yeah, managed to get them into Europe too, happy memories with them. I always try to do this challenge wih Stavanger based clubs. Viking FK are the Norwegian team I support, also have massive respect for Rosenborg aswel.

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2021/2022 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Transfer market

(Transfers)

The summer transfer window was going according to plan. We invested pretty much all of our money in another super promising youngster, the left-back Julien Domecq who arrived for €4.5M - even though I have no idea on how on earth was I able to attract one of the best french players from Auxerre's world famous youth academy. The rest was spent in a few cheap minor reinforcements, and a few fringe players left.

But then surprise, the board went against my wishes and decided 1.5M€ was enough to sell our captain, giant centre-back Vladica Vasic. He had arrived 8 years ago as a teenager and established himself as a legend for the club with brilliant performances and plenty of goals. As a replacement I panic-bought spanish Ruben Navarro almost on deadline day.

Later on in January young forward Oliver Andersson arrived and we made some money with the sales of Hendricks and Salomón.

Domestic league

(League Table)

(Progress)

A strange championship. Dinamo and Hajduk underperformed badly, however while we were never many points behind we spent many weeks in lowly places too. Eventually it all settled for the usual pattern of us finding top form by late season while the opponents fell apart. Junak were the surprise major challengers and gained a Champions League qualification given that Croatia has gained an extra Champions League spot - for us the prize is starting from a later qualifying round.

Europe

(Champions League campaign)

(Europa League campaign)

No problems in the qualifying rounds. We breezed past ZTE and Shakhter Soligorsk, and Wisla wasn't as much of a challenge as I imagined. The group was a whole different story though - Arsenal quickly brought us back to reality with an humiliating 6-0 trashing we were on the end of in our own stadium.

However we bounced back. Went to Madrid and drawn 1-1 with a strong Atlético team staring Neymar, and then beat Dinamo Kiev twice. That was enough to guarantee an Europa League spot and we'd go no further than that as we lost the final two matches, albeit putting a strong fight to both Arsenal and Atlético.

This was not the end of Olimpija's european dream as we got an easy draw versus Maccabi Tel-Aviv, and beat them in a tight round. Then Celtic came up and we got past them as well! Ruben Navarro was the star as he scored in both legs. This run would come to an end as we were drawn against the mighty Man City. Amazingly, we claimed a 1-1 draw in England but they were too much for us in the second leg. It was still a brilliant campaign as we reached the Europa League quarter-finals.

Other domestic competitions

(Super Cup final)

(Croatian Cup campaign)

The croatian super cup has a funny format, if you win both the league and the cup at once you don't have to play it, you're awarded it by default. The previous season we had flopped in the cup so we now had to face Sibenik, and beat them 4-2 to claim the Supercup on the pitch for the first time.

In the cup, there were no shock surprises as we went on to win it again. We did have an epic match-up versus Dinamo in the semis with Hamed scoring the winning goal 3 minutes from the end of extra time, but the final was fairly easy against Zadar.

Best eleven

(Squad and stats)

GK - Arafa Saleh

DR - Pablo Cellerino

DL - Julien Domecq

DC - Ernest Mofokeng

DC - Rubén Navarro

MC - Nenê

MC - Edgardo Garro

AMR - Leandro

AML - Ntokozo Makhoba

ST - Osama Hamed

ST - Simphiwe Vilakazi

Again the star was Osama Hamed, with plenty of scored goals, top marks for centre-back Navarro who scored a lot too and for Edgardo Garro with a new record for assists. Meanwhile youngsters Cellerino, Leandro and Makhoba broke into the first team - and Makhoba was called-up for the world cup together with his south-african compatriot Mofokeng and iranian striker Molaei.

Next year prospects

While we're improving in Europe and have a lot of promising players, I'm wondering if we are near our maximum potential already. Annoyingly, the board won't let us expand or buy a new stadium despite the fact we're filling up all 5000 seats often. I don't think the Champions League money is enough to fund the club if we're going to pay more expensive, better players. My biggest hope is that the croatian league keeps growing, it has 3 stars reputation now and it's between Scotland and Romania in the competitions rankings.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe                   Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                      Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                      Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                      Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                      Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                      Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6317466&viewfull=1#post6317466]2018/19[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd             Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6364634&viewfull=1#post6364634]2019/20[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL playoff, EL groups    Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6441092&viewfull=1#post6441092]2020/21[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      2nd round    CL groups                Champions again
2021/22    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL groups, EL quarters   Domestic treble

saab693's Jaszbereny – Hungarian Division II – 2010/2011

I mentioned starting this save earlier in the thread but hadn’t posted the relevant screenshots:

Personal

As I said, I’d been struggling to find my feet on FM2011 so this was seen as a chance to try something new and see how I enjoyed the experience.

League Table

Past Positions

Season Summary

We were predicted to finish 11th so this was a great result. As a Man U man I remember Honved from the old UEFA cup days so was pretty pleased to force them into another season in the second tier!

Cup

No great shakes here. Decent first result and then lost out to a team from the same division. It’s a shame the squad hadn’t gelled at this point as I think we could have done better.

Transfers

As to be expected a fair few in and some deadwood out. I opted to pay for some players over 48 months which meant we could exceed our transfer budget. This prob hasn’t done our finances any good (see below) but it needed to be done to get the team up to the standard needed.

Key Player Profiles

Kollega – An epic season from the right winger. Plenty of goals and assists earned him the Player of the Season award and the Fans Player of the Year award

Kulcsar – Played on the left wing and was pretty much as effective as Kollega. Came second in the Player of the Year stakes and won the Man of the Match award

Birtalan – A machine up front winning the Top Goalscorer Award despite only joining in January. Could have been unbelievable if we’d had him for the whole season!

Kovacsics – Birtalan’s strike partner. Also did well for us up front.

Imre – One half of a solid central midfield partnership.

Feher – The other half.

Other news

Finances

Not looking pretty! This is partly due to deferring transfer fees but that doesn’t really explain losing £30 - £40k a month. We went nowhere near our wage budget so I’m a little stumped by this. Will have to keep an eye on it but hopefully the club’s success will hold us in good stead.

Promotion meant turning pro which has allowed me enough coaches to get a decent training set up going. Unfortunately we just don’t have the money to improve the facilities so I don’t think it will make much difference until we can.

Season     League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Hungarian Division II    1st              Promotion; Hungarian Cup 3rd Round 

Next Season

Avoiding relegation is the main aim, anything more than that would be a bonus. My assistant is very pleased with the squad going into the new campaign so with a few signings here and there we should be capable of avoiding the drop.

150px-Sportist_Gen_Toshevo.png

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2016/17 Season Update - Bulgarian "A" Group - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 14th

2012/13 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 2nd - Promotion!

2013/14 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 13th

2014/15 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 6th, Bulgarian Cup Winners!

2015/16 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 4th, Bulgarian Cup Runner Up, Bulgarian Super Cup Winner!, Europa League 4th Qual Round

2016/17 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 1st, Bulgarian Cup Qtr Final, Europa League 3rd Qual Round - League Champions!

30 Pld, 20 Won, 7 Drn, 3 Lst, 53 For, 27 Ag, +26 GD, 67 Pts

After bombing out of the Europa League before the group stages last season, I was keen on strengthening my squad to make more progress this season, and signed 17 players for a total of $205k, most of them foreigners. I also released a heap of players and raised $500k in the process.

2017 Transfers

Of all the new transfers this season, it was Bulgarian defender Georgi Bachvarov who was the standout:

Georgi Bachvarov - The 25 year old Bulgarian defender was a welcome addition to the squad, as the squad was now taking on a lot of foreigners and I was struggling to stay under the 5 foreigner limit. Whilst he doesn't have amazing stats, he put in a consistent performance with 4 assists and 3 MoM at 7.11 from 35 games, and that was enough for him to take out the Bulgarian Defender of the Season award.

The Fan's favorite however was 22 year old Nigerian striker Isiaka Ademola:

Isiaka Ademola - In his second season at the club, the young striker finally managed to find some form, managing 13 goals, 4 assists and 3 MoM at 7.22 from 27 games. With already impressive stats, the youngster is on an amazing 5 year $75 / week deal, and whilst he has already complained about wanting a better contract, I think I'm going to make him wait another 3 years for his contract to expire.

2017 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

The league started very well this season, and after 5 weeks I was topping the table. After that the team's form dropped off a bit, but I was always in the top three in what was a very even league. Towards the end of the season the top 2 sides started to drop some points (finally!), and with 4 games to go I jumped to 1st, on equal points with CSKA (Sofia). I went on to win my next 3 games, but so did CSKA, and then the final game of the season came about, and it was against none other than CSKA.

The game started very badly, with Sportist GT receiving a red card after 15 minutes, and then on 40 minutes CSKA Sofia hit the lead, and I was staring at 2nd place. However, a man down, I managed to equal the scores in the 52nd minute, and then, amazingly, CSKA Sofia also had a player sent off in the 60th minute. That bit of luck was enough for me to defend and kept it to a 1-1 draw, and take out the Bulgarian "A" Group title, equal on points with CSKA Sofia but with a better head to head record!

2017 League Table and Graph

With the Bulgarian Cup, after reaching the final the last two seasons, we were knocked out in the Quarter Final this season in an entertaining 3-4 loss.

League Reputation: 32nd (-9) - between Dutch Cup and English League Cup

National Coefficient: 17th (-4) - between Romania and Israel

Club Coefficient: 252nd (-) - between Lokeren and Lierse

Europe - Europa League

Europa League 2nd Qual. Round v Jurmala (Latvia): 2-3 (A), 3-1 (H)

Europa League 3rd Qual. Round v Red Star (Serbia): 0-4 (A), 0-2 (H)

After reaching the 4th qualifying round last season, I was determined to reach the group stage this time, but I did even worse! After getting past Jurmala despite leaking 4 goals in the 2nd round, I capitulated against Red Star, and lost an embarrassing 0-6 on aggregate to Red Star.

Finances / Facilities

This season I again turned a small profit, this time $300k, to bring the total bank balance to just under $700k. Despite this, they canceled a planned youth academy, however have agreed to increase the youth academy network next season!

2017 Finances

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Basic

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 1st in "A" Group

Average Attendance: 1,847

Most Games Won in Row: 5 - 9/11/2016 to 5/2/2017

Highest Average Rating: Adama Kouakou - 7.23 (33 apps)

Most League Apps for Club: Emanuil Ketenliev - 94

Most League Goals for Club: Chetin Sadula - 27

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $120,000 (Todor Ivanov from CSKA (Sofia) - 2/2/2017)

Total Transfer Spending: $200,000

After 6 seasons in Bulgaria, I have finally completed part one of this challenge (the must easier part), but am yet to make it to the group stage in Europe, so will be interesting to see how we go in the Champions League next season!

Marky Mark! Well done on the title, now for europe. In 15 seasons the option to improve the youth network has never been available, as a result i've never produced a player capable of even being a backup player.

my youth facilities are excellent with a youth academy but recruitment is only fairly basic, my feeder teams have better recruitment.

Gareth Stitt takes over at Finn Harps in the Irish First Division

They finished bottom of the First Division last season and won the relegation play off vs Cobh Ramblers so I have to take over as them as no team was promoted to the league.

Manager Profile 1

Manager Profile 2

Squad

Finances

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2025/26

Table

Positions

The title was almost over by xmas and comfortably won as the 2nd place team had the lowest points total for 11 years.

The reserve team lost in the league cup quarters on away goals and the hungarian cup was retained with a 6-0 win in the final.

In europe i won the first 2 rounds of the CL easily before creeping past wisla 4-3 on agg. In the group stage i beat PSV home and away, unfortunately i conceded 4 times against Leverkusen and Man U in all the other matches. This was immensely frustrating since PSV took 7 points from these teams and i ended up last.

The training and youth facilities were upgraded and the stadium was increased by 3500 seats.

Squad

Transfers

Star man was Arkhipov again who is now a legend at the club alongside his manager :D

Ferreira, Ricardo and Andrezinho sat out a lot of the season due to the 5 foreigners rule

Muriqui's ( 158 apps, 63 goals) contract was running out so i had to sell him on. Hadid had been signed at the start of the season as a left winger but i decided to try to convert him to a striker (where he was already accomplished) after Muriqui left. Celso arrived on a bosman but was hugely disappointing considering he earns double my next top earner. Aguirar was signed 2 years ago and finally came, already looks world class.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winners            Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup            
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  1st KO Rd   Euro cup
2023/24        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winners            CL Group stages               Domestic treble
2024/25        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winners            CL 1st KO Rd                  Domestic treble
2025/26        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner

League Ranking (standard) - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

22/23 - 44 (2.5*) -113/20

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

26/27 - 17 (3*) -40/13

@TheBaker - In my Northern Ireland save I only got the option to improve my youth network after 15 years (and after completing Gundo's challenge), so it is odd that I got that option in Bulgaria straight away - no idea what causes the option to appear.

@Biscotti - Thanks for pointing out my obvious mistake!

saab693’s Jaszbereny – Hungarian Division I – 2012/13

So this was our first season in the top flight following our unexpected promotion last year. As I said, I was hoping to avoid relegation and my assistant manager had confidence in the squad of players to hand.

League Table

League Positions

Season Summary

All in all a solid first attempt in the division. As you can see from the past positions, we were doing really well at first and looked like we could have pushed for one of the EURO Cup places. Frustratingly, inconsistency crept in and we could be brilliant one week and rubbish the next. I should be pleased with the finish but just think we could have done better if we’d held together.

Hungarian Cup

Can’t really explain this one as we crashed out to a team in the division below. We were doing really well in the league at that point too!

League Cup

Was pleased to make the last eight at the first attempt. Can hopefully progress on this next year.

Transfers

As expected, plenty in and out to bring the squad up to scratch for the top league.

Cristiano – The veteran Brazilian was the division’s top goalscorer

]. Unfortunately we could not meet his increased contract demands and is leaving at the end of the season.

Berthe – Cristiano’s partner up front was also impressive and actually more consistent. I have had a lot of luck scouting North and South Africa and he was one of the results.

Kulcsar – Another solid season from the winger. Not as emphatic as in Division II but I was pleased he was able to make the jump.

Gyagya – Our rock in defence and a real threat from set pieces as you can see from his impressive goal tally.

Foxi – The comically named right winger was quality when he got to play but unfortunately injury curtailed his season.

Other News

Finances

Ouch, in a word. We are now losing around £100k a month. Again, I have stuck within wage budgets so am unsure what has brought this on. The board have not raised it as an issue and have injected plenty of money to help cash flow. Success has to be our priority so I’ll continue in the same vain and hope that it doesn’t become too big an issue...........

[font=Tahoma]
Season     League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Hungarian Division II    1st              Promotion; Hungarian Cup 3rd Round
2012/13    Hungarian Division I     9th             Hungarian Cup 3rd Round; League Cup Quarter Finals[/font]

Next Season

The impact on finances has meant that wage budget has barely increased so there will be far fewer players joining us. As fate would have it, my scouts and backroom staff aren’t finding anyone who would improve the squad particularly, so emphasis will be on consolidation by providing decent backup players where possible. I’d like to improve on 9th place as an aim but this may be difficult given that we don’t have the funds to really improve the squad.

4689.gif?v=1

NK Dravograd - Slovenian Second Division - 2012/13

2011/12 - Slovenian Second Division - 7th

2012/13 - Slovenian Second Division - 4th

P 27 W 11 D 9 L 7 F 44 A 28 GD +16 P 42

Much much better season, with us touching the giddy heights of 2nd towards the winter break, driven by some stunning performances by Tisnikar in the Trequartista role, and some decent goalscoring.

Sadly, in the new year a combination of a hideous draw for the last round of fixture, plus our cup run, gave us five games in two weeks, 3 against top flight opposition and 2 away to the top two teams in the league, which saw us take a single draw and demolish club morale.

Still unable to attract a physio to the club, or any players on loan from the top flight :(

Key Players

Top Scorer: Zan Rant Roos (25(5) apps. – 14 goals) Average Rating: 7.19

Best Player: Borut Tisnikar (32 apps. – 7 goals) Average Rating: 7.37

[font=&quot]Season      Division       Pos.      Cup         Europe     Achievements[/font]

[font=&quot]2011/12    2nd             7th       2nd Round   N/A        Avoided Relegation[/font]
 [font=&quot]2012/13    2nd             4th       Semi Final  N/A        Cup semis         [/font]

Hopes for next season

Get physio

Get players from top flight in on loan

Get as many of first 11 as possible onto full time contracts

Go up

Saab693 - looks like you could make a push on from this season if the finances let you. Buying and selling players is the way for most hungarian sides and european money if you do well. The league cup pays out a lot more prize money for winning it than the hungarian cup even though its less important.

Spotg -Surely not having even a poor physio must be affecting the players if they get injured, i'm sure getting players on FT contracts would probably secure promotion depending on how many promotion spots there are (can you post screenies of the table :D)

Thanks for the tip Thebaker. The issue is that the squad is pretty small as is having released all players who were less than 2* rated by my assistant. We have started reasonably well with 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss in our opening 6. I think I'll have to see how finances go. There really does seem to be a lack of quality players available - for example, I could use a backup left winger so I searched for all players in that position within my price bracket as filtered by who my assistant thought might sign for us. I scouted all of the players available and none were suitable!

Saab693 - I found i had to look for players myself and then get my scouts to assess them, u20 and u21 players are a good bet. Africans and South America are good areas to look in. Never just go by what the ass man thinks, i find that often players won't join who he filters in and better players filtered out will join.

I have the same problems in signing quality players (at least 3.5 stars), although i can find them most won't sign for me and my current squad is getting smaller as my good players leave. This is in spite of a wage budget of 200K p/w and a transfer budget of 43 million pounds.

the number of foreign players is also a big issue for domestic games and i'm now concentrating on looking for europeans or africans.

Nice update spotg

What's the issue with the physic? Noone decent or just noone at all?!

There's literally no-one willing to come. In the two seasons I've been playing I've had an advert running and searched every month or so. Only had a single applicant, who chose to join another team in the same league who needed a physio. Really really does hamper us :(

And thebaker - there's 1 automatic position and 1 playoff place, but there are 3 pro sides in the second division at any given time, so it's a struggle!

It is quite annoying, but the Slovenian Health Service doesn't seem to be doing too badly at the minute.

Apart from one of my "youth prospects", who was basically injured for all last season, I've not noticed anyone out repeatedly or for excessively long.

AS Eordaikos 2007

Season 2013/2014

Superleague

Minnows Eordaikos in the Superleague! Well, our debut season went well. The media predicted us 16th place (last place), but we succeded and finished 9th. Our primary goal was not to get relegated. As we accomplished that, I'm pleased. Three players were brought in for free, two of them played most of the time and the third one was a dissapointment.

League Table

Kupello Hellas (elimination in fourth round, our first match)

Key player: Robert Stambolziev (7.10)

Best scorer: Robert Stambolziev (13)

Best youngster: Lando Fusu (6.76)

Next year

A safe mid-table finish, rebuild the squad (lots of players with average rating lower than 6.4 this season) and financial control (currently €100K in the red).

Season    Club        Division                Position  Cup              Achievements   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge™?p=6132392&viewfull=1#post6132392"]2011/12[/url]   Eordaikos   Football League OPAP    10th      Fifth Round      n/a
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge™?p=6157732&viewfull=1#post6157732"]2012/13[/url]   Eordaikos   Football Legaue OPAP    6th       Second Round     Promotion!
2013/14   Eordaikos   Superleague             9th       Fourth Round     n/a

I see you prefer playing to writing about the game. 2034 lol, how long did that take? Congrats!!

Yer i was so into the save i didnt want to stop at the end of the season to write up summeries, i was too keen on starting the new season! Took about 2 months all up, 3 days and 6 odd hours i think of game time

150px-Sportist_Gen_Toshevo.png

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2017/18 Season Update - Bulgarian "A" Group - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 14th

2012/13 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 2nd - Promotion!

2013/14 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 13th

2014/15 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 6th, Bulgarian Cup Winners!

2015/16 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 4th, Bulgarian Cup Runner Up, Bulgarian Super Cup Winner!, Europa League 4th Qual Round

2016/17 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 1st, Bulgarian Cup Qtr Final, Europa League 3rd Qual Round - League Champions!

2017/18 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 1st, Bulgarian Cup Winners!, 4th in Champions League Group Stage - League Champions!

30 Pld, 19 Won, 9 Drn, 2 Lst, 62 For, 35 Ag, +27 GD, 66 Pts

Transfers / Star Players / Team Summary

After a couple of seasons in the Europa League, I was finally in the Champions League this season, however despite that I only made 10 new signings (none of which really stood out), spending $225k, whilst releasing a host of players for a combined $700k... this was not because I was happy with my squad, but rather because I had no room in my wage budget due to the Bulgarian salary cap.

2018 Transfers

As mentioned, none of the new signings were worth a mention, however my existing players had a great season, taking out the following Bulgarian Awards:

Bulgarian Goalkeeper of the Season: Junior John - The 24 year old Nigerian shot stopper was signed 3 years ago, meaning that he has now gained Bulgarian nationality and is considered a local player. Although he conceded 44 goals from 41 games, he managed a decent average rating of 6.92, and whilst he would be one of the best players to ever wear a Sportist GT jumper, he now has many clubs interested in him, and is refusing to sign another contract. This is the 2nd time he has won this award

Bulgarian Defended of the Season: Adama Kouakou - Also in his 3rd season at the club, and only 60 days away from getting Bulgarian nationality, the 24 year old central defender from Ivory Coast has been a revelation, taking out the highest average rating and fan's player of the season for the past two seasons. Unfortunately, he also has a lot of clubs interested in him and is also refusing to sign a new contract, therefore I will also be looking for a replacement at the end of next season

Bulgarian Midfielder of the Season: Mduduzi Zulu - The 25 year old South African has been at the club for 4 seasons now, and therefore also has Bulgarian nationality and is considered a local player. Having been a key member of the side since joining as a 20 year old, he has now racked up 96 league games, the 2nd most for Sportist GT

3rd Placed Attacker of the Season, Overall Contribution Award: Branimir Kostadinov - One of the few genuine Bulgarian players in the squad, he managed a club record 23 goals and 16 assists in his 2nd season at the club after being signed on a free, and whilst at 29 his attributes are in decline, he is still good enough to terrorise the opposition!

2018 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

After taking out the domestic title last season I was confident of defending it again this season, and despite having quite a slow start to the season, I managed to reach first place half way through the season, and whilst I stayed there for the rest of the season and ended with a 6 point buffer, I did only finish with 66 points, which is actually one point less than last season, so from that perspective it was not a great season.

2018 League Table and Graph

Cups wise, I managed to take out the Super Cup in a dominant 5-1 win against Litex, and also took out the Bulgarian Cup with a 3-1 win over CSKA (Sofia)

2018 Bulgarian Super Cup

2018 Bulgarian Cup

League Reputation: 20th (-12) - between Scottish Cup and English npower Championship

National Coefficient: 19th (+2) - between Romania and Croatia

Club Coefficient: 190th (-62) - between CFR Cluj and M. Netanya (Still only 2nd highest Bulgarian coefficient, after CSKA (Sofia) in 168th place

Europe

Champions League 2nd Qual Round v Glentoran (Northern Ireland): 3-1(H), 3-0(A)

Champions League 3rd Qual Round v APOEL (Cyprus): 1-1(A), 5-2(H)

Champions League Playoff v Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia): 0-0(A), 2-0(H)

After being unable to make it to the Europa League Group stage in two attempts, I managed it on my first attempt in the Champions League, with largely the same squad... go figure.

In the Group Stage, I was drawn against Olympiakos, CSKA Moscow and Olympique Lyonnais. Whilst I won my first game against Olympiakos 1-0, I went on to lose the rest of the games, badly, to end with a GD of -16. Not a great debut in the group stage, but the money for making it that far will really come in handy!

2018 Champions League Group Stage

Finances / Facilities

Reaching the Champions League group stage this year made a huge difference to the finances, turning a $14.7m profit to end with a closing balance of $15.1m.

2018 Finances

I also managed to talk the board into increasing the stadium capacity by 1,119 to 4,300, and that is due to be completed soon.

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Basic

New Club Records

Highest Attendance: 3,512 v Glentoran Champions Cup Champions Qual.2 19/7/2017

Highest Gate Receipts: $55,000 v Glentoran Champions Cup Champions Qual.2 19/7/2017

Average Attendance: 3,349

Most Games Without Losing: 13 - 10/2/2018 to 28/4/2018

Top Goalscorer: Branimir Kostadinov - 23

Most Assists: Mduduzi Zulu - 22

Highest Average Rating: Adama Kouakou - 7.36 (46 apps)

Most Man of Match: Adama Kouakou - 11

Worst Discipline: Todor Ivanov - 16 yellow cards / 1 red card

Most League Apps for Club: Emanuil Ketenliev - 108

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $160,000 (Victor Zagovalko from Dinamo Minsk - 6/2/2018)

Total Transfer Spending: $220,000

Total Transfer Income: $725,000

Part I Complete!

Anyone else playing in Hungary find the league incredibly tight? It came right down to the wire this time and last year 1 point separate the top 4 teams (we came 4th)

Now onto the CL. I've struggled to really improve the squad for the past two seasons now so will be intriguing to see what progress can be made in Europe. Most of my players are still worth less than £20k......

Part I Complete!

Anyone else playing in Hungary find the league incredibly tight? It came right down to the wire this time and last year 1 point separate the top 4 teams (we came 4th)

Now onto the CL. I've struggled to really improve the squad for the past two seasons now so will be intriguing to see what progress can be made in Europe. Most of my players are still worth less than £20k......

i've gotten to the stage where i win by 10 points each year, not because i'm getting better but the other other teams are becoming worse. Still Fehervar had a tycoon takeover last season and at the start of this one have spent 14.5 million. Had to spend 12 million strengthening my squad (mostly youngsters and backup players)

I think you can only be in the manager of the year if you are hungarian, i never have even though i have won 9 titles and 7 cups

I'm thinking of doing this in Wales instead of N.Ireland, but I just don't know why ..

I did this in Northern Ireland as there are three playable divisions as opposed to one in Wales, but otherwise I imagine the standard of teams would be pretty much the same, although the Welsh League does have a slightly lower rep - either way it's not going to be easy! (although they where the first 2 - and only so far? - leages in which the challenge has been completed)

I did this in Northern Ireland as there are three playable divisions as opposed to one in Wales, but otherwise I imagine the standard of teams would be pretty much the same, although the Welsh League does have a slightly lower rep - either way it's not going to be easy! (although they where the first 2 - and only so far? - leages in which the challenge has been completed)

hey, post #1187, i want some credit too! :p

Archived