FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

good evening magicmastermind124 . whether we can explain, of course, if you did not hate, as they do in the Advanced Editor, because I think it is very complicated, is there a theme here, which is what explains how it works

Concerning me, I followed the thread since it opened. Then I tested by myself. It took me probably one full week to understand the minimum to do something interesting. But at every steps, you will be stuck, you ll need to try a lot, and the only way I see to improve after that, is sometimes to ask if someone knows how to deal with your specific problem...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i using advanced editor fm 2012 but found problem.

how to connect the child comp with parent comp.

I've been able to get top/botom teams from child to qualifies promotion/relegation. but after all fixtures has finish, top/botom teams do not move to upper/lower league (had been crash dump). i want to top 2 teams qualify for promotion playoff agains others teams from others child comp and botom team qualify for relegated playoff agains others team from others child comp. thank's a lot for helping me

sorry i posted in advanced editor fm 2011 thread

EDIT : After many hours i tweak this finally resolved

1-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain me how to set transfer in Nation rules on FM12 advanced editor?

I mean this table I can't deal with. I want to set one from July 1st to August 31st and another one from January 1st to January 31st.

NgQFv.png

Hey there. I'm still on FM11 so this is perfect for me. I have a couple questions.

I've created the UAE league myself, it wasn't originally in the game. So, there won't be a 'file' as such for me to edit, like the XML that you can download. I think i'm right in saying that?

Anyway, the 'official' rules state that you can only have 5 foreigners, 1 of which must only be from an Asian country. It's set up in the Asian Champions League too, but you can't edit it in yourself. Any way how?

Also, how do you set it up so that the FA Cup forces replays rather than ET + Pens?

Been trying to make the 1999-2003 Champions League with 2 group phases, and I think I'm close to completing this. The structure is pretty much down on paper but I'm getting an error regarding how many teams enter each qualifying round. I have the following:

1st Qualifying Round: 20 teams enter

2nd Qualifying Round: 28 teams enter

3rd Qualifying Round: 32 teams enter

1st Group stage: 32 teams enter

What I need to make sure of is that I get the following with the accurate associations going into the correct rounds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_UEFA_Champions_League#Distribution

As of now I'm getting the following error: Wrong number of teams used in Champions League. 142 added to stages, 76 teams in the competition.

Would I need to create the qualifying rounds as a seperate tournament or not? :confused:

NOTE: I'm running the 2012 editor if that makes any difference.

I had same issue until I read this on the sticky FAQ

My FA Cup needs more than 256 entrants, but each time I try to set the correct number it reverts back to 256! Help!

You can fix the problem with large FA cup entrant numbers by editing the xml directly.

Open the xml file in Notepad, and search for '256'. One of the earlier entries will be the number of teams entered in the FA Cup; it should be fairly obvious. Edit it, and save the change. Make sure to keep the file as an xml file, and not a txt file, or even an xml.txt file!

Then, load up the editor again and load the db and your file. The number of entrants should now be correct! Don't touch it, or it will revert to 256 again... Instead, sort out the entrants and rounds etc. manually. Make sure the number of entrants add up to the correct figure!

progress.gif

I had same issue until I read this on the sticky FAQ

My FA Cup needs more than 256 entrants, but each time I try to set the correct number it reverts back to 256! Help!

You can fix the problem with large FA cup entrant numbers by editing the xml directly.

Open the xml file in Notepad, and search for '256'. One of the earlier entries will be the number of teams entered in the FA Cup; it should be fairly obvious. Edit it, and save the change. Make sure to keep the file as an xml file, and not a txt file, or even an xml.txt file!

Then, load up the editor again and load the db and your file. The number of entrants should now be correct! Don't touch it, or it will revert to 256 again... Instead, sort out the entrants and rounds etc. manually. Make sure the number of entrants add up to the correct figure!

progress.gif

Tried that and it didn't work unfortunately, though I appreciate the reply. 142 didn't show up in the XML, which is how many teams it says I've added to stages.

I have to somehow add new teams into the 2nd qualifying round, as well as the teams who won in the 1st qualifying round, then do the same for the 3rd. Surely this is possible? Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I have 20 teams starting in the first qualifying round, which are the lower seeded teams from associations 16-52 (the nations with 1 team qualifying for competition). From there I have 28 teams in 2nd qualifying round (14 new and 14 from previous round) - the 14 new teams/nations are slightly higher seeded, i.e. Belgium etc. 3rd qualifying round has 32 teams, which include the top seeded nations (i.e. 3rd and 4th from england/italy/spain).

They're all set to 'Nation Top Division Teams'.

Just realized that I've made a few mistakes as far as how many should go through. 10 would go through from first round, then 14 from 2nd round and 16 from 3rd round. I do still need new teams to come in though if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
Help?:confused:

it is easy, you have to create a new continental competition, and when the editor asks you for the name of the competition, put the Champions league, and recreate it, for example, what i do, i create a cup of only one match, between, 2 teams from luxemburg and andorrra for example. And that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Dou you have any idea how to set in FM 2012 group phase on specific stadium? I want e.g. do Emirates Cup with league form. I added teams, rules, etc. but in continental rules cannot set to play all matches on Emirates Stadium.

Hmmm maybe there isn't any players of this custom nationality and the game hasn't names pool.

The other question: If is possible to create pre-seasons cups like e.g. Emirates for clubs? Now in editor I have needed options but only for nations. I want to for example set friendly cup for winner of Spain, England, France and Italy leagues. Continental rules isn't good for this, because when team play in my custom cup then doesn't participate in Champions League.

• 1 month later...

Well i've a big project here, I create a leagues of national teams, there's 11 division (20 teams each division) , all have 3 promotion and relegation place (except first and last division), i didn't set any continent because it has teams from all continent, when i started a new game (using this editor data of course) i can't see the competition (no crash), i think because i haven't added continental rules, so i go to the editor again and add a new continental rules, but i can't edit it :/, it take no action when i click the "Continental Rules - Europe", i'm still confused on how to set continental rules with advanced editor, please help :(, sorry for my english

Thanks

Can i ask a question ?

In UEFA WCQ 2014 normally 53 teams in it. I created a new nation in Europe and now its 54 but in this group section still only 53 (My new nation also in it but Montenegro left out) how can i solve that ?

• 2 months later...

If I create a new nation, can we put a limit on the number of teams in Euro cups? (like Liechtenstein, Andorra and San Marino). I wish that was a 1 team in the Champions League and 1 in the EC, regardless of ranking. Is this possible?

Archived