FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you checked the comp errors log file? Details on the first post.

I missed it:) Thanks, Magic. I'm looking at it now and I realize that I forgot to set deciding rule for some cup finals, it could be the problems. The only other errors I found were about difference between number of rankings and teams in a competition, I don't know if such error can also prevent the new season from starting.

I missed it:) Thanks, Magic. I'm looking at it now and I realize that I forgot to set deciding rule for some cup finals, it could be the problems. The only other errors I found were about difference between number of rankings and teams in a competition, I don't know if such error can also prevent the new season from starting.

I've got those "number of rankings versus number of teams in a competition" messages in the log and it's never stopped my database from working. Besides, whenever I'd go back to check the numbers always seemed to match up to me.

I've got those "number of rankings versus number of teams in a competition" messages in the log and it's never stopped my database from working. Besides, whenever I'd go back to check the numbers always seemed to match up to me.

That's what I also believe, I think it won't stop the db and I don't see anything wrong with the numbers when I rechecked them. Still haven't finished testing it again, though.

What is actually "Last match rules in cup round does not have deciding match rule" comment in the comp errors log means? At first I thought it had to do with me forgetting to add extra time and penalties rule in some cup finals, but after I fixed it, the comment still returned and my second season still refused to start.

What is actually "Last match rules in cup round does not have deciding match rule" comment in the comp errors log means? At first I thought it had to do with me forgetting to add extra time and penalties rule in some cup finals, but after I fixed it, the comment still returned and my second season still refused to start.

Perhaps there are no fates set up for the cup stage, or teams have not been assigned to round -1.

I've set them both from the start, the fates and the next round index. Actually I am only redoing a league system in a way that worked just fine in 2010, I haven't done much of advanced editing in 2011 though, maybe I haven't really understood how different it is from 2010...

EDIT:

And btw, the cups themselves work fine, history recorded etc., but the error log keep mentioning them

Hello all,

I really don't know what I did wrong, but simply :

- I load (for example) the eng_charity.xml file into the editor,

- I just change the version of the competition (put 2),

- I save, load the game with this modified file and...

And nothing works. On the screen of the competition I have this message : "The program of this competition has not yet been established".

Really don't understand.

Can anyone help me please ?

EDIT : magic tells me that "SI haven't set the teams that qualify for the cups in the cup files in England. " (if it can help someone else)

BUT : It's the same thing for UEFA Champion's League, all english cups, french cup too, ...

SO : is it impossible to modify these cups ? :(

Hello.

I am having trouble with my game, i used the advanced editor and nation rules setup to add leagues down to level 8 in england. I created new fixture/discipline rules for the new competitions. I also allowed every league to allow B/reserve team promotions

I put my reserve team in the Northern Premier Premier Division. I have played one full season winning the NPP with my reserve team, Now i am about to kick off the 2011/2012 season and my reserve team hasn't been promoted and all the leagues i added now have no league table or fixtures. It does however have a schedule.

Ah it seems i do have errors in the log (still had FM running so the log was empty)

English Isthmian League Premier Division: No teams found for stage '1818583399'[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Isthmian League Premier Division: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Southern League Premier Division: No teams found for stage '1818583399'[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Southern League Premier Division: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Northern Premier League Premier Division: No teams found for stage '1818583399'[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Northern Premier League Premier Division: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Isthmian League First Division North: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Isthmian League First Division South: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Northern Premier League First Division N: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Northern Premier League First Division S: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Southern League First Division Central: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

English Southern League First Division South/West: Number of teams in competition (0) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (-24824)[COMMENT: competition log file output]

Anybody shed some light on what I've done wrong?

Benji, as magic says, the competitions from those files don't have teams put into stages, you have to specify them in the "teams" tab of each stage.

Gazza, that seems like something has went very, very wrong, as it seems none of the competitions have any teams and has really messed up rankings. I don't know what to tell you.

Hello.

I am having trouble with my game, i used the advanced editor and nation rules setup to add leagues down to level 8 in england. I created new fixture/discipline rules for the new competitions. I also allowed every league to allow B/reserve team promotions

You cannot use both Advanced Rules and Nation Rules. One or the other.

There must be a lot of sections missing information - you need to specify how many teams there are and you must assign them to the stage they are to play in.

Hello all,

I really don't know what I did wrong, but simply :

- I load (for example) the eng_charity.xml file into the editor,

- I just change the version of the competition (put 2),

- I save, load the game with this modified file and...

And nothing works. On the screen of the competition I have this message : "The program of this competition has not yet been established".

Really don't understand.

Can anyone help me please ?

EDIT : magic tells me that "SI haven't set the teams that qualify for the cups in the cup files in England. " (if it can help someone else)

BUT : It's the same thing for UEFA Champion's League, all english cups, french cup too, ...

SO : is it impossible to modify these cups ? :(

You say you just changed the version number. Did you change anything else?

Is there anything under the "Qualified Teams" tab? What I think Magic is referring to is that the comp file for the Charity Shield that you can load in the editor doesn't specify which teams enter the competition. In this case, you would need to add an entry for "get last winner of competition, English Premier Division", and "get last winner of competition, English FA Cup", or whatever names SI has given to those two competitions.

From my experience, it seems like the versions of these competitions that you can open in the editor don't always contain all the information you need to run a modified version of the file (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If I'm correct, then you can modify the competition, but you would have to ensure that you enter any information that the file seems to be missing (e.g., the qualified teams).

You cannot use both Advanced Rules and Nation Rules. One or the other.

There must be a lot of sections missing information - you need to specify how many teams there are and you must assign them to the stage they are to play in.

I tried it with advanced rule but i couldnt get the game to "see" the lower leagues (when i start a new game the lower leagues were not selectable)

I added the lower leagues using nation rules and was able to start a season with no problems, it was starting the next season i got problems.

Thanks a lot for all your answers ! :) And thanks to Magic too :thup:

@Dave : thanks a lot ! I add last winner of Premier League and last winner of FA Cup to the only stage of Community Shield, and it seems to work.

I can also modify prize money, sub rules, etc... Everything seems to be ok.

@Toronto : I change only the version number. Nothing else. Thanks you for all the details, I understand better now :)

Now I will try to edit and run the other english cups. i'm not familiar with the operation of these competitions but I should find help online.

Thank you again !

Havent been here for long time now and I have question - dont know if anyone talked it here already.

Does anyone mess around with Continental rules in Advanced Panel? Does it work?

And, also, does anyone know if it was hardcoded for Mexico, to have one game played on Friday, although I set matches to be played only on Saturday/Sunday, in both Nation Rules and Advanced Panel?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I see what you're saying. I don't think you can use it along with the list in the advanced panel... You can either use it in the basic editor, or the list, but not together.

Did you ever get you North American club system working properly? I'm trying to do the NACL now and am having problems with getting the right teams to qualify...

Well, I have one format now, that seems to work, but have to make leagues to get various teams to get in each season. It is in testing phase.

I will make those leagues - CAN, CRC, GUA, HON, PAN, SLV, TRI - as competitions (leagues of 4-6 teams) under parent competition (will use Canadian Champs Cup for parent one), and will make CFU Champs Cup over Superliga.

Dinamo, for Mexico quite a few teams share stadiums, so if a stadium is being used for more than two matches, it will move matches to Friday automatically to stop clashes. Another way around this would be to set it so that a match will be played on Saturday afternoon, and one played on say, Saturday night as well as your Sunday match.

I have just found what I did wrong, now I can have my second season. My next step is to create a relegation play-off involving clubs from inactive divisions. As I have about 37 parallel lowest active divisions and 18 parallel inactive divisions, will it pick the right team from the right inactive divisions? Will the relegation fates work as intended? I know I only have to try this, and I have enough time to do it, but I just want to hear some advice before I go on, you know holidaying a huge league season in complete uncertainty can sometimes be so boring after 50 times:)

EDIT:

This come from the old suspicion that the game often go wild when having something to do with inactive divisions, I don't want Real Madrid to come up in the relegation playoff in Murcia.

Well, I have one format now, that seems to work, but have to make leagues to get various teams to get in each season. It is in testing phase.

I will make those leagues - CAN, CRC, GUA, HON, PAN, SLV, TRI - as competitions (leagues of 4-6 teams) under parent competition (will use Canadian Champs Cup for parent one), and will make CFU Champs Cup over Superliga.

And problem is - CL stops after first season, what happened to me for very first time. Everything is fine, matches are played according plan, real teams enter, winners is recorded, histories are recorded, but this competition stop makes it unplayable. Weird.

Any solution? I did what I did before, always was fine, but now nothing.

Dinamo, for Mexico quite a few teams share stadiums, so if a stadium is being used for more than two matches, it will move matches to Friday automatically to stop clashes. Another way around this would be to set it so that a match will be played on Saturday afternoon, and one played on say, Saturday night as well as your Sunday match.

I am convinced that there are no teams that share stadium in first league. This maybe happens because there are some shared stadiums between 1st and 2nd league teams - but there are games on Friday when I only make Division One - all other divisions are erased.

Dinamo, did you change how the NACL was scheduled? When I first recreated it, I had it run from February to November (in line with my MLS/CSL seasons). It ran the first year, recorded history, all that good stuff, and then would skip 2011 and not be scheduled again until 2012.

When I moved it back to the more traditional July-May time frame, it got scheduled every year.

It goes August to May.

First phase / 4 groups of 4 / with 2 matches each in Aug, Sep, Oct; top two to next phase

Second phase / 2 groups of 4 / with 2 matches each in Feb, Mar, Apr; top teams to Final

Final in May with two legs.

Everything is just fine, I had lots of problems with recording history before, now with that problem solved I have competition not to create new season, 2011-2012 one. I dont know if there is 2012-2013 edition though.

Before giving up and changing the dates I tried pretty much everything to get it to work.

The only other thing I can suggest is that comp errors log (referenced in the first post of this thread), which can give you some context on why the competition is not being re-scheduled in the next year.

Here's an interesting one for you, Dinamo: any idea why a competition would record the winner in the first two years and then stop after that? The competition is still scheduled with the right teams, and all the other stats (e.g., highest attendance, most goals, et cetera) are recorded for each year... just not the actual champion in the history.

Hello all,

I'm trying to edit UEFA Champions League with the advanced editor but it seems to be really hard to understand.

I mean, as with other cups loaded in the advanced editor, teams that qualify for the cup are not set in the xml file.

So...

1. Does someone has already edited Champions League rules ?

2. Is there really no mistakes in file ? (for example, stage 0 : number of teams : 10... when i launch game, I can count 37...)

3. As with other cups, I just have to add teams that qualify to each stage of competition ?

4. If it's that...how can I doing that ? Because we have "stage 0 : champions", "stage 1 : best ranking"... how can I specify that in the advanced editor ?

For now, all I want is just to run Champions League without any error, but with my xml file only.

Thanks for your help (i go back to my tests pending ^^).

I would help you, but I do not understand anything here. You seem to be starter in Adv Panel. And you need to be little bit more experienced with this part of editing to start editing UEFA CL.

@Toronto

I succeeded, but with changing system - after group stage, there is knockout stage, with group winners play in semifinal then final. Did that as I cant make quarterfinal to get group winners to play first leg away; I even cant make each tie with 2nd placed vs. 1st placed, although I tried everything. Now works perfectly.

Only thing that annoys me is Mexico and it's teams qualification - so I decided to recreate league, will make it just basic, 2 tiers of 18 teams, with top three teams from Primera qualify.

When you say that you don't understand anything here, you mean you don't understand what I say ? I speak French so I may be wrong :/

I'm indeed a beginner in Advanced Editor but I start slowly you know : just run UEFA CL with the eur_champions_cup_2009.xml file. That's all.

EDIT : I successfully make the phases of champions & best rankings. Now i'll try to do groups and final phase. ^^

Hi, I'm trying to alter the Champions League to revert back to the old format of 3 qualifying rounds, 2 group phases, then a knockout round from the Quarter Finals. Is this possible?

Any help would be much appreciated as I've really wanted to do this for a while now.

Hi, I'm trying to alter the Champions League to revert back to the old format of 3 qualifying rounds, 2 group phases, then a knockout round from the Quarter Finals. Is this possible? :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated as I've really wanted to do this for a while now.

Hi all,

I'm always trying to make UEFA Champions League's file work with the advanced editor.

Stage 0 : champions : ok

Stage 1 : best rankings : ok

Stage 2 : Groups : ok

I have a problem with the draw on "Round 0" (the round of 16)

I can get all of the 16 teams qualified but I fail to do "a first against a second".

I tried a lot of things but nothing works.

To help you understand where I am :

- Stage 3, "Round Defaults" tab

- Stage 3, "Teams" tab

- Round 0, general tab

- Round 0, "Valid Cup Draw Rules" tab

Nice you succeeded with that. About draws, I have been having problems with that, and now I use only first team to go through, not first and second, so I do not have such worries. Draw there is random, and I have no problems with same seeds play eachother.

Fixed draw goes if you want to have A1 v B2, B1 v A2, C1 v D2 etc. You should set, in "Team order" tab in cup round, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 8, etc, if you want draw like mentioned. 1 stands for 1st from 1st group, 3 stands for 1st in 2nd group, 10 stands for 2nd in 5th group etc.

But there are also fails, I never had what I wanted exactly, like only half was correct.... So I would help you, but I really do not know how to.

So I thought I'd try and give this Champions League editing lark a try myself whilst I wait in hope for some kind of help, but I seem to have hit a stumbling block regarding the qualification rounds. I've made the first qualifying round and the rules are all valid, but how would I go from adding the winners of the first round into a second round of qualifying, with more teams from more nations joining? Here's a layout of what I'm aiming for:

- First Qualifying Round (20 teams)

- Second Qualifying Round (10 winners from 1st round and 18 new teams coming in)

- Third Qualifying Round (14 winners from 2nd round and 18 new teams coming in)

- First Group Phase (16 winners from 3rd round and 16 automatic entries from league position)

- Second Group Phase (16 teams from the 8 groups who finished in top 2 positions in the 8 groups)

- Knockout - Quarter Finals (8 teams from the 2nd group phase who finished in top 2 positions in the 4 groups)

- Knockout - Semi Finals

- Knockout - Final

Would this sort of thing require me to make a number of seperate tournaments and link them together, or can it be done in 1 tournament? I'd really appreciate any kind of help because this is really scrambling my head at the minute.

Actually, with the way Benji has chosen the teams, teams in second would be 0-7 and teams in first would be 8-15, as the game will get the teams from bottom to top from the "teams" list. You can also sort the teams further by using the "sort teams" function, say you can get teams to be ordered by things like seeding and division reputation and stuff.

I'd suggest using cup draw mappings to set a predetermined draw.

So I thought I'd try and give this Champions League editing lark a try myself whilst I wait in hope for some kind of help, but I seem to have hit a stumbling block regarding the qualification rounds. I've made the first qualifying round and the rules are all valid, but how would I go from adding the winners of the first round into a second round of qualifying, with more teams from more nations joining? Here's a layout of what I'm aiming for:

- First Qualifying Round (20 teams)

- Second Qualifying Round (28 teams - 10 winners from 1st round and 18 new teams coming in)

- Third Qualifying Round (32 teams - 14 winners from 2nd round and 18 new teams coming in)

- First Group Phase (32 teams - 16 winners from 3rd round and 16 automatic entries from league position)

- Second Group Phase (16 teams from the 8 groups who finished in top 2 positions)

- Knockout - Quarter Finals (8 teams from the 2nd group phase who finished in top 2 positions in the 4 groups)

- Knockout - Semi Finals

- Knockout - Final

Would this sort of thing require me to make a number of seperate tournaments and link them together, or can it be done in 1 tournament? I'd really appreciate any kind of help because this is really scrambling my head at the minute.

Carlito, the key is to get the seedings for all the teams you want entering the competition right - then you can add them to each stage.

Look at the North American Champions League in my file here:

http://www.box.net/shared/ulg55y5ulys6q6jeb16c

If you look at the first stage (preliminary round), you'll see that there are three rounds. It lists qualified teams for comp with a seeding of 2 (32 teams), then it add some other teams with a seeding of 1. If you look at round 0, it's 32 teams with a seeded draw. The game starts at the top of the teams in the list and adds teams until it gets as many as the round tells it to get (i.e., 32). Since the 32 teams seeded as 2 are at the top of the list, it picks them first.

In round 1, you'll see that there are now only 16 teams, and the "teams added to this round" is 0. That means the game uses the winners from the first round for this round. In round 2, you'll see that teams added to the round is 8. Because the game is now adding new teams, it goes back up to the list and pulls the next 8 teams in the list.

If you want to qualify teams from one stage to another, you need to use the cup fates. Look at how they're done in the fates for the preliminary round and how teams are added for the group stage.

This might sound complicated, but if you use mine as a model (which, in turn, I built based on someone else's model), you should be able to get it to work.

Good luck!

Carlito, the key is to get the seedings for all the teams you want entering the competition right - then you can add them to each stage.

Look at the North American Champions League in my file here:

http://www.box.net/shared/ulg55y5ulys6q6jeb16c

If you look at the first stage (preliminary round), you'll see that there are three rounds. It lists qualified teams for comp with a seeding of 2 (32 teams), then it add some other teams with a seeding of 1. If you look at round 0, it's 32 teams with a seeded draw. The game starts at the top of the teams in the list and adds teams until it gets as many as the round tells it to get (i.e., 32). Since the 32 teams seeded as 2 are at the top of the list, it picks them first.

In round 1, you'll see that there are now only 16 teams, and the "teams added to this round" is 0. That means the game uses the winners from the first round for this round. In round 2, you'll see that teams added to the round is 8. Because the game is now adding new teams, it goes back up to the list and pulls the next 8 teams in the list.

If you want to qualify teams from one stage to another, you need to use the cup fates. Look at how they're done in the fates for the preliminary round and how teams are added for the group stage.

This might sound complicated, but if you use mine as a model (which, in turn, I built based on someone else's model), you should be able to get it to work.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply mate, I really appreciate it and glad to know that this finally at least sounds possible to do.

However whilst I hate to sound like a complete noob, most of that just flew over my head LOL. I'll try and give it a shot though and see what happens. I'll add an update on my progress, or lack-of soon.

EDIT: Where do I need to place that file to view it in the editor?

@dinamo : thanks. It's 2AM here, i'll go to bed :D i'll look at that and answer you tomorrow.

But another question : How to avoid two teams from the same nation or a group can be found on the same match ?

See you in a few hours ^^

You should set in "Group settings" tab, under "Rules" tab, option "Avoid teams from same nation". That should make teams from same nation avoid each other in specific group stage.

Actually, with the way Benji has chosen the teams, teams in second would be 0-7 and teams in first would be 8-15, as the game will get the teams from bottom to top from the "teams" list. You can also sort the teams further by using the "sort teams" function, say you can get teams to be ordered by things like seeding and division reputation and stuff.

I'd suggest using cup draw mappings to set a predetermined draw.

Jeeez... than that is the reason I always had random draw, totally opposite of one I wanted. Thanks for this, dude.

EDIT: Where do I need to place that file to view it in the editor?

The same place the file you're working on is saved - I don't know how it works on a PC, but there should be instructions at the beginning of this thread.

When I first started with the advanced panel, I mostly learned simply by copying similar competitions from other files - you may not understand WHY you're doing something at the beginning, but you soon will.

@ David Fairbairn

About that advice of yours, for setting up predetermined draw, I would ask you to help me a bit. I stuck, cant get it work, and I followed your instructions

Teams that go thru are A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D2. I want A1-B2, B1-A2, C1-D2, D1-C2 in quarters.

I would like to know what way should I order numbers in "Teams" section in "Cup" tab, how to get it work along with "Cup tie mappings" tab, how to get them into that round, and what "Draw rules" should I set.

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to get the top four teams from a league championship playoff to qualify for a continental competition. The winner and runner-up are easy (I just use "get last winner/runner-up of competition" in the continental competition's 'qualified teams' tab for the finalists), but I'm having trouble getting the other semi-finalists to qualify.

I've used "qualify team for comp" in the cup fates and "get qualified teams for comp" in the continental competition, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried "get qualified teams from stage" and "get league stage teams". I gave "get last third placed team of competition", too, hoping that since both semi-finalists have the same league ranking (i.e., 2), it would pull both of them, but no.

The only other possible option I can think of would be "set continental cup" in the cup fates, but how would I set it in the continental competition's 'qualified teams' tab?

Thanks.

Dinamo, it looks, and I may be wrong, that the draw you'd want would most likely be.

0vs3, 1vs2, 4vs7 and 5vs6.

As long as you've picked the first and second placed teams seperately and seeded them preoperly, this will give you a draw of first vs second on all matches. I'm not 100% sure how you'd go about seeding teams from certain groups against each other, but check the draw rules and team sorting options to check if you can maybe sort something out.

Archived