FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 games into the PL season now.

Won all 4 scoring 7 and conceding 0.

Havent played anyone great yet but have managed to stay solid. most shots against me in a game so far was only 3.

Have made 10 signings at a cost of 100m, most over 48 months. but will leave me only needing to add 1-2 players. only player over 22 bought was Marchisio from Juve. Have Shelvey, kelly, Suso, Pacheco, Wislon all in the first team squad to help them develope and Silva, Robinson are playing with the reserves and U18's to get games. am also arranging extra friendlies for those teams to get them more games over the season

formation is

GK

RB(wb-defend), CB(defend), CB(defend), LB(wb-defend)

DM (dm-support)

MCR(APL-support)

MCL(dlp-support)

AMR(inside forward-attack), AML(winger-attack)

ST(dlf-attack)

has worked well so far

Hmm I think in FM11 if you want to get shot of players its best to tell them in the private chat beforehand. Selling players is probably a little bit harder than in fm10, especially if you want above their 'value.' Buying stars cheaply is a lot eaisier though so swings and roundabouts :)

Good advice I will try that next time. Yeah apart from Hamsik Napoli wanted £30+million for him, I rate him but not that much :p

Got Controeo for £5m so pleased with that, and just bought Eden Hazard's younger brother for just under a million and also Kevin for about the same. Good business me thinks.

I would love one as well. XD XD XD XD

You have both of them out :o How is johnson for you? He missed half a season for me last year.

You sold silva and jack :o :o :o both of them are great prospects.

Out for 3 months with a torn groin muscle yeah because of that ill miss champions league next season depending on how much money ill get im gonna reshape my squad to get back to top 4 as it wont happen this season.

can anyone recommend a dm for no more than 4m ?

i was going to get mohamdou diarra from real madrid but i would prefer a younger prospect that will improve but is good enough to start games straight away?

cheers

Season 1 review

League:6th

Fa cup:3rd rd

Carling cup:3rd rd

Europa League:q/f

Was poor in the league due to the injuries to my gun players Torres & Gerrard im gonna change my squad around depending on how much money i get to spend on players.

I'm in November, first season, and I got kicked out from the english cup by losing to Peterborough 1-0. Manchester Utd, 1st in the table, beat me 2-1. All three goals were penalties! I'm trodding along though, I won't win PL but hopefully I'll end up in top 4. I'm selling off more players come January and I'm gonna pick up another couple of midfielders. I also fired a few physios and hired new ones.

afternoon all. ive had to start another new game (for the second time :mad:) just could not put up with it crashing any longer. this time ive only picked the EPL and only gone for a large database (i had a custom one before) finished my pre-season and am very happy with my signings. also happy with my new staff, although how long they will last before some bugger pinches them i don't know lol.

i will post some screenies later on (am at work atm :p)

In second season at the moment been finding it difficult to sell players, seem to be gettin more loan offers with views to buy.

however im not complaining about this as its reducing my wage bill and also i think we see this more often in modern day football these days

wondering if anyone had any decent training schedules to help develop the likes of pacheco, suso, shelvey, silva and robinson.???

I've tried to create ones of my own but there not progressing as much as i would like them too

End of season- FINALLY.

Finished the season with first. Although the actual statistics show a different story- I won the league with 3 games to go and so for the final 3 I gave my reserves a run out- thus why I lost 3 of the 2 and conceded 6 goals. As you can see though, I scored the most goals so it's all good- I just need to shore up on my defence. Domestically, I was knocked out of the League Cup by Everton, 2-0. That hurt. Knocked out of the FA Cup by City in the Semi-Finals, eventually losing 3-2 on penalties.

In europe, I was knocked out of the Europa League by Schalke, losing 1-1- on away goals- they eventually went to win on penalties against City.

So all in all, a decent enough season with lots to improve on. In terms of signings, Vidal was by far the most valuable, followed by Turan who was injured for a fair chunk of the season. Coentrao has been, in fairness, a disappointment- I actually found myself playing Aurelio in bigger games.

It's going to be a big pre-season. I need to remove all the 'dead wood' (although I'll have to think long and hard about Babel, who came second in the Young Player of the Year Award whilst under the stewardship of Avram at West Ham!) and I specifically need to improve my training- it's good enough, but the coaches aren't. I also need to build for the future, so depending on how much I get to spend I'll be buying a fair few young'uns.

A couple of screenshots;

leaguetable.jpg

playerstatsendofseason.jpg

Steven Gerrard hey? I walked away with Manager of the Year having won the monthly award on 6 different occasions, Torres with the Players Player of the Year and Gerrard with the Footballer of the Year award.

If you edit Torres injury proneness does it take immediate effect or do you have start a whole new save?

Depends what you alter it with, if it's the editor you'll have to start a new game, if you use that FMRTE (not even sure if they have an update for FM11 yet) then it's instant.

End of season- FINALLY.

Finished the season with first. Although the actual statistics show a different story- I won the league with 3 games to go and so for the final 3 I gave my reserves a run out- thus why I lost 3 of the 2 and conceded 6 goals. As you can see though, I scored the most goals so it's all good- I just need to shore up on my defence. Domestically, I was knocked out of the League Cup by Everton, 2-0. That hurt. Knocked out of the FA Cup by City in the Semi-Finals, eventually losing 3-2 on penalties.

In europe, I was knocked out of the Europa League by Schalke, losing 1-1- on away goals- they eventually went to win on penalties against City.

So all in all, a decent enough season with lots to improve on. In terms of signings, Vidal was by far the most valuable, followed by Turan who was injured for a fair chunk of the season. Coentrao has been, in fairness, a disappointment- I actually found myself playing Aurelio in bigger games.

It's going to be a big pre-season. I need to remove all the 'dead wood' (although I'll have to think long and hard about Babel, who came second in the Young Player of the Year Award whilst under the stewardship of Avram at West Ham!) and I specifically need to improve my training- it's good enough, but the coaches aren't. I also need to build for the future, so depending on how much I get to spend I'll be buying a fair few young'uns.

A couple of screenshots;

leaguetable.jpg

playerstatsendofseason.jpg

Steven Gerrard hey? I walked away with Manager of the Year having won the monthly award on 6 different occasions, Torres with the Players Player of the Year and Gerrard with the Footballer of the Year award.

Well done am still in march in season 1 should get season 1 finished this weekend

liverpoolvbakuinformati.th.png

Pacheco finally got his hattrick after 2 missed penalties :D

Nice one he is doing ok for me but his form has dipped a bit as the pressure is getting to him

For all you guys who have entered your second season and decided to cut down on your wage bill- have you opted to rid of Joe Cole?

Was thinking about this tbh but not so much for the wage bill but becasue he has been poor although he is starting to play better of late

FFS injuries are a joke am in march and in the last few months ive had Torres out a few times Dzeko 4 months, Mexes 4 months, Poulsen 3 months, Cole 2 weeks, Meireles a few weeks and now Kuty for a month and Wilshere for 2 months

If you'd bothered to look at my screenshot, you'd have noticed it is Crane ;)

Helllo you! :D

Just about finished my squad for the second season. Pretty annoying how my board won't let me have a decent feeder club, I need to send some of my lads (Shelvey, Pacheco, Kelly etc) to Championship-esque teams but no-one wants 'em (Really?). Also, need an established RB to replace Johnson (injury prone god!)...any ideas?

Helllo you! :D

Just about finished my squad for the second season. Pretty annoying how my board won't let me have a decent feeder club, I need to send some of my lads (Shelvey, Pacheco, Kelly etc) to Championship-esque teams but no-one wants 'em (Really?). Also, need an established RB to replace Johnson (injury prone god!)...any ideas?

Kelly has been a great sub for Johnson for me. Johnson is out for the last 2 months of my season, missing the England cup final, FA Cup final, and Euro Cup final. XD

Kelly has been a great sub for Johnson for me. Johnson is out for the last 2 months of my season, missing the England cup final, FA Cup final, and Euro Cup final. XD

He's not been to bad for me, but when he comes up against top class players (Vargas for example, in my last game where I lost 1-0 to City) he doesn't do particularly well, in fact he was at fault for the goal :D

started a new save today .

Transfers:

IN:

Steven Defour

Fabio Coentrao

Luis Suarez

OUT:

Christian Poulsen - Loan

Milan Jovanovic - Loan

Aurelio - Loan

Darby- Loan

Shelvey - Loan

Irwin - Loan

Mavinga - Loan

Friendlies :

Liverpool 5-0 Liverpool reserve

Montpellier 1-1 Liverpool

Genk 1-2 Liverpool

Hearts 2-3 Liverpool

Leeds 0-5 Liverpool

Kilmarnock 0-2 Liverpool

Brescia 0-3 Liverpool

Euro Cup 3rd Qualification :

Vs M.Tel Aviv

1st Leg : Liverpool 3-0 M.Tel Aviv

2nd Leg : M.Tel Aviv 2-2 Liverpool

Euro Cup 4th Qual.

Vs Cska Sofia

1st Leg : Liverpool 3-0 Cska Sofia

2nd Leg : Cska Sofia 2-1 Liverpool

Qualified to Group A : Anderlacht, Liverpool , Napoli , Koper .

Premier League : played 2 games .

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool

Liverpool 2-0 Man utd

League Cup 3rd round vs Sheff utd.

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 .

GK :Reina

DR: Glen Johnson

DCR: Carragher

DCL: Agger

DL: Coentrao

MCR :Meirless

MCL: Defour

AMR :Suarez

AMC: Gerrard

AML: Joe Cole

STC: Torres

Finally started trimming the squad in pre for 2nd season.

Got Lukaku and Afellay coming in summer and signed Derdiyok on a permanent in January. Shipped out N'Gog to Valencia for £2M, Babel to At. Madrid for £4.5M and Konchesky to Sunderland for £1.5M.

Released a couple of youngsters that aren't going to make it, plus Itandje, but cant get rid of Poulsen, even offering him at £100k!

Also need to trim the midfield section. Gonna keep Meireles and Lucas as my two centres, but need to trim one possibly two from the following; Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic and Kuyt.

Any suggestions?

Finished first season by winning the league, won 31, drew 4, lost 3, 94 goals for, 24 against, total points 97.

Surprised how good the likes of Lucas, Jovanovic, Shelvey and Wilson were. Suarez was a brilliant buy 23 goals in 29 games, with Jovanovic on 16 and Torres with 27.

Found the first team really good, and was lucky with injuries.

First team formation, 433: Reina, Johnson, Skrtlel, Agger, Balzaretti (10mil from Palermo); Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard; Jovanovic, Torres, Luis Suarez (20 mil from Ajax)

Regular back-up; Carragher, Wilson, Shelvey, Ngog, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos

Players In: Balzaretti (10mil), Luis Suares (20mil), Mattock (2mil), Lestienne (2mil), Strootman (1mil), Marcelo Moreno (2,3mil), Veratti (700k), Lucas Barrios (10mil)

Players Out - Saric (100k), Bruna (100k), Itandje (1mil), Amoo (500k), Babel (10mil), Maxi (5mil), Pacheco (3mil), Cole (5mil), Poulsen (2mil), Konchesky (500k)

Bumped up the coaching staff significantly, and hired as many scouts as possible.

For the second season i plan to get in a young RB, young CB, Khedira is transfer listed so might get him for 3 mil, and looking for 2 or 3 young strikers.

Main target for second season is to win a cup and see how far I can get in the champions league, as I ignored all cups and europe in my first season.

Finally started trimming the squad in pre for 2nd season.

Got Lukaku and Afellay coming in summer and signed Derdiyok on a permanent in January. Shipped out N'Gog to Valencia for £2M, Babel to At. Madrid for £4.5M and Konchesky to Sunderland for £1.5M.

Released a couple of youngsters that aren't going to make it, plus Itandje, but cant get rid of Poulsen, even offering him at £100k!

Also need to trim the midfield section. Gonna keep Meireles and Lucas as my two centres, but need to trim one possibly two from the following; Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic and Kuyt.

Any suggestions?

My opinion; Cole and Jovanovic, although that would mean you'd need a AML... Cole's wages are high and so much better out there. Jovanovic had a winge at me for dropping him to the reserves as no-one would sign him so I officially hate him :p

Super Dirk can never be sold and Maxi is quality.

I'd suggest signing Wijnaldum he's quality, young and cheap wages! ;)

My opinion; Cole and Jovanovic, although that would mean you'd need a AML... Cole's wages are high and so much better out there. Jovanovic had a winge at me for dropping him to the reserves as no-one would sign him so I officially hate him :p

Super Dirk can never be sold and Maxi is quality.

I'd suggest signing Wijnaldum he's quality, young and cheap wages! ;)

To be honest, it was those two I was thinking of binning! Suppose I could fast track Robinson into left back and pust Coentrao onto left wing, or could try Affelay there?

I loaned Poulson out to CSKA Moscow and then put him on the transfer list. Moscow bought him at 4.4M, I was very happy with that sale. I also got Jovanovic sent to AC Milan for 4.5M.

Anyone have any suggestions for good attacking, defending, and tactics coaches?

To be honest, it was those two I was thinking of binning! Suppose I could fast track Robinson into left back and pust Coentrao onto left wing, or could try Affelay there?

Yeah, I mean Affelay would be fine on the wing, don't forget you've got Wilson and Kelly who are capable of playing LB aswell.

Archived