FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Just seen my side lift the League Cup against Villa, after a 2-1 win with a slightly weekened side. At the start of March I sit 2 points behind United, and 3 behind Arsenal, but I have a game in hand on both of them. My current First XI looks like:

GK: Reina

RB: Johnson

LB: Bale

CB: Carragher

CB: Agger

DM: Poulsen

CM: Meireles

CM: Lucas

AM: Gerrard

ST: Dzeko

ST: Torres

I made four signings, Bale first for £32 million, then Dzeko £25 million. That was nearly my budget gone even over 48 months, so Sanogo and Dodo came in for a combined fee of £6.3 million. Out went Itandje for £1 million, but I could only loan out Aurelio and Konchesky, nobody would buy them. However, the low point, not making out of my Europa League group -_-

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing a 3-4-1-2 formation in my save for a bit of a change from my regular 4-2-3-1, mainly to try and accommodate Gareth Bale into my squad :p

Also retrained Glen Johnson to a RM, he is doing well there.

Reina

Carra Agger Skrtel

Johnson Lucas Gerrard Bale

Ganso

Torres Neymar

Also bought Babacar, Phil jones and Wickham

Currently top of the league after 5 games or so

Just played the openning game of the season, at the Britannia against Stoke.

It turned out to be quite a bizarre game.

After a 6minute opening goal from Nando'

Then a 26th minute goal from Gerrard. I thought I was well on my way! How stupid was I !

41st minute Kenwyne Jones scored, to pull one back.

Just 4 minutes later he pulled off the same trick. Another Reina deflection fell to his feet.

2-2 at half time. I was thinking. How in gods name did that happen?!

It wasn't over yet. 2 minutes after the break. Embarrasingly, Ricardo Fuller scored.

Then to get me back into the game. This happened.

[video=youtube;79bNEx_mFVk]

Thats how it ended. 3-3. Wow.

Just had a blip and I drew to spurs, villa, lost to united and sampdoria although have since won the last 4 games. They sussed my tactic i think :(

I'm 3rd with a game in hand which would make me 2nd if I win.

Torres is injured for 2 more months although Pazzini is doing ok. Tough though

Does anyone notice Gerrard misses alot of pen in the game ?

I have Torres take mine

Great have Torres out for 4 months now Gerrard is out for 3 months & Lukaku out for 4 months now im ****ed :( Least i drew 0-0 wih the gunners in the fa cup tie time for Barbcar & Shelvey to stand up

Unlucky mate keep going

Got a four point lead over Arsenal with 5 games left, only really tough game I have is United at OT. Through to the FA Cup final after beating United 2-0 at Wembley, so the domestic treble looks like its in reach.

I've always found Azpilicueta to do the job simply because of his great pace, but he isn't a great dribbler. Aurier is another option for right back, much younger but great potential.

I managed to win the league with a game to spare, Roy should take a look in here

Liverpooltable1stseason.jpg

Lost out in the FA Cup final 4-2 AET to Chelsea, so only the double. Dzeko was the star man with 38 goals in 37 appearances, Nando getting 15 in 28. Going to look to bring in some real talent in midfield, and a defender to take over from Jamie.

Just signed Afellay on free transfer will join at the end of the season :p

:thup:

I managed to win the league with a game to spare, Roy should take a look in here

Lost out in the FA Cup final 4-2 AET to Chelsea, so only the double. Dzeko was the star man with 38 goals in 37 appearances, Nando getting 15 in 28. Going to look to bring in some real talent in midfield, and a defender to take over from Jamie.

What roles are you playing Torres and Dzeko in?

Just been drawn in Group J

Liverpool

LOSC Lille Métropole

Dortmund

BATE

Not the easiest draw, and I think I will do well if I can top the table. Obviously BATE look the easiest opponent in the group, but its never an easy away game, when you travel to a country like Belarus.

Both Dortmund and Lille have good players. So topping it will be a challenge, but a challenge i feel confident we can accomplish.

I just beat Lech 7-3 on aggregate, Torres <3

EDIT: Preston in 3rd Round League Cup - EASY

Hmm... Man City have offered Santa Cruz to me there willing to go as low as £2.3mill for him do i or don't i? there also offering Wayne Bridge for about £3mill but he's probabily not the guy I'm looking for at left back i might just make do with Aurelio & Koncheskey and look to flog either of them when Insua returns from loan but Barca are also offering Maxwell to me for £4mill... decisions decisions...

right then pre season finished. very productive one too i might add. revamped all my coaching staff bringing in the best i possibly could in all areas. also created three tactics im happy with and also my training schedules.

was also quite active in the transfer market:

INS

luis suarez, arturo vidal, fabio coentrao. and for the future... conner wickham, phil jones, serge aurier, juanmi and kevin (juanmi and kevin absoulte bargains at less than 1 mil for the 2)

OUTS

christian poulsen, paul konchesky, milan jovanovic, dirk kuyt, sotirios kyriakos... also released alot of the reserves and u18s that had no future at the club and just couldnt be sold.

my main formations will be: Reina

johnson --- carragher --- agger --- coentrao

meirelies ---------- vidal

rodriguez---- gerrard ---- suarez

torres

or reina

skrtel --- carragher --- agger

johnson -------------------------------------- coentrao

meirelies --- vidal

gerrard

torres ------------ suarez

im happy now with the base of my team and now my long term aim to develop and bring through youth to sustain the team long term.

didnt have the greatest pre-season drawing with scunthorpe and genk and beating tranmere but i was playing alot of youth and swapped all 11 players at half time in all 3 games so im not to worried. looking forward to the start of the season now starting with fulham at home.

more updates coming soon :)

EDIT: formations didnt quite come out how the looked to me before posting lol, sure you all get the idea though

christ you dont mess around, ive been playing since friday and have only just got to my first league game now lol

Dzeko as target man and Torres as Poacher, Gerrard behind them as a Trequarista (sp?)

Thanks was just wondering as i have Torres and Dzeko upfront both are doing good

Just started my new game tonight, spent the past two hours creating four tactics, sorting out staff and training. Now gonna start on my transfers and friendlies.
Just been drawn in Group J

Liverpool

LOSC Lille Métropole

Dortmund

BATE

Not the easiest draw, and I think I will do well if I can top the table. Obviously BATE look the easiest opponent in the group, but its never an easy away game, when you travel to a country like Belarus.

Both Dortmund and Lille have good players. So topping it will be a challenge, but a challenge i feel confident we can accomplish.

I just beat Lech 7-3 on aggregate, Torres <3

EDIT: Preston in 3rd Round League Cup - EASY

right then pre season finished. very productive one too i might add. revamped all my coaching staff bringing in the best i possibly could in all areas. also created three tactics im happy with and also my training schedules.

was also quite active in the transfer market:

INS

luis suarez, arturo vidal, fabio coentrao. and for the future... serge aurier, juanmi and kevin (juanmi and kevin absoulte bargains at less than 1 mil for the 2)

OUTS

christian poulsen, paul konchesky, milan jovanovic, dirk kuyt, sotirios kyriakos... also released alot of the reserves and u18s that had no future at the club and just couldnt be sold.

my main formations will be: Reina or reina

johnson --- carragher --- agger --- coentrao skrtel --- carragher --- agger

meirelies ---------- vidal johnson --------------------------------------- coentrao

rodriguez---- gerrard ---- suarez meirelies --- vidal

torres gerrard

torres ------------ suarez

im happy now with the base of my team and now my long term aim to develop and bring through youth to sustain the team long term.

didnt have the greatest pre-season drawing with scunthorpe and genk and beating tranmere but i was playing alot of youth and swapped all 11 players at half time in all 3 games so im not to worried. looking forward to the start of the season now starting with fulham at home.

more updates coming soon :)

Good luck with your saves

Hmm... Man City have offered Santa Cruz to me there willing to go as low as £2.3mill for him do i or don't i? there also offering Wayne Bridge for about £3mill but he's probabily not the guy I'm looking for at left back i might just make do with Aurelio & Koncheskey and look to flog either of them when Insua returns from loan but Barca are also offering Maxwell to me for £4mill... decisions decisions...

Am going to keep Insua as backup to Coentrao

Has anybody managed to sign Tevez yet? I was offered him for 9m just before the Jan window but he demanded £200,000 per week and about 7m total in fees, I'm tempted to have a firesale but think the wage is still gonna be a problem.

Best result of the season so far :p

manuh.png

Has anybody managed to sign Tevez yet? I was offered him for 9m just before the Jan window but he demanded £200,000 per week and about 7m total in fees, I'm tempted to have a firesale but think the wage is still gonna be a problem.

manuh.png

Not in Jan yet great result :)

manuh.png

excellent result, nothing beats getting one over the mancs :)

When are people getting offered wilshere ! I want to be offered him, would be my gerrard replacement after about 4 seasons

I got offered him at the end of Sep

Spend the last hour sorting out the training which i made im off for a bit back later :thup:

Cya in a bit mate

Did this just happen?

[video=youtube;wFcXojPpTkg]

Haha did you look at the 2 goals i posted above ?

Latest Results

Gillingham 0-2 Liverpool - LC R3

Kuyt

Pacheco

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke - League

Torres

Agger

West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - League

Torres

Friggin ****es me off games like West Brom Torres gets through 1 on 1 loads and the keeper plays a blinder and there defence are a beast yet my defenders let people just walk past them without throwing a tackle in its ****en stupid

Haha did you look at the 2 goals i posted above ?

Torres goal is just awesome. Im trying to get agger to play a more ball playing role and to move forward with the ball. But both awesome goals. If you look at my channel iv got a few more, not classy as yours though.

Archived