FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ishu,

How many leagues can i run on this setup for a long term career game.

Genuine Windows 7 Professional x64

Core i5-760 @ 4Ghz

4GB 1600Mhz DDR3

ATI 5770 1GB

750GB Hitachi

Thanks

30 .

Every match is one thread. So FM can utilize as many core as there are matches (on that day).

I even have posted a screenie showing FM using 8cores.

Day to day processing is singlethreaded.

Every match is one thread. So FM can utilize as many core as there are matches (on that day).

I even have posted a screenie showing FM using 8cores.

Day to day processing is singlethreaded.

Ishu,

At the moment, i've selected leagues from England (up to League 1), Spain (up to Liga Adelante), Italy (up to Serie B), Argentina (up to Segunda Division), Germany (up to Bundesliga) Scotland (up to Premier League), France (up to Ligue 1), Portugal (up to Portuguese Liga), Holland (up to Eredivisie). The Game Speed Star Rating gives me 2 stars. Is there any way i can improve on my game speed?

Listed below is my laptop specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor 2.53GHz

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

500GB Serial ATA 5400rpm

6GB DDR3 SDRAM (max. 8GB)

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB DDR3 of Dedicated Video Memory

Thank you.

Ignore the rating.

Try to open FM, select these leagues and check rating. Now close FM and repeat. It will give you a higher rating. ;)

Oryte, i'll give it a go & let you know of the outcome. Thanks the wise one. :)

Hello guys,

I hope you can give me hand in this. I always played the FM in my desktop but since the 3D arrived, well, it just wasn´t good enough (Pentium 4 Intel 2,6 ghz, 2 gb RAM, NVIDIA G-Force 5600 FX 256 Mb) and for the past two years i was down playing in 2D and in a very slow motion. Last week i got a problem with my graphic card, pushing it to hard i guess, so i decided to finally go for a new laptop where i can go to the net, work on office and adobe programs and, mainly, play FM right.

The thing is, i have no clue for what to search for. I have a budget for about 500-700 euros and i really don´t know where to look.

For what ive been reading, RAM should be 3 ou 4 Gb, the processor a Duol Core from Intel better than 2,6, a good hard drive from 350-500 Gb and a graphic card...here is where i really don´t have a clue.

Could you help me with this, telling me the best graphic cards to play the game right (fast with 30 to 60 leagues at least) since the other tecs seems to me that will work out fine...but the graphics are trully killing me. Seen lots os laptops from HP, Asus, Acer, Toshiba with the first 3 categories almost correct (a little more or less on the hard drive a little more or less on the speed Duol Core) but im lost with the graphics so if you could enlist me the main ones, the ones that will make the laptop work on this FM and the few next (i know a good laptop lives for 3 to 4 years only) i would thank you very much!!!

Cheers mates!

I'm currently shopping for desktop parts to assemble into a system. Now, the only games I play are Football Manager 2011 and World of Warcraft and the two chips I'm considering are the i5 2500k & i7 2600k. All the benchmarks I've been reading say that an there is a minimal difference between the two chips, so I'm leaning on i5 2500k if this is the case.

However, Football Manager 2011 isn't like the games they test. So, basically, I want to know what will I notice in FM 2011 using an i5 compared to the i7?

I'm guessing I will be able to load much more leagues with the i7 and it will run smoother--but is it A LOT more leagues and A LOT more smoother than i5?

I'm currently shopping for desktop parts to assemble into a system. Now, the only games I play are Football Manager 2011 and World of Warcraft and the two chips I'm considering are the i5 2500k & i7 2600k. All the benchmarks I've been reading say that an there is a minimal difference between the two chips, so I'm leaning on i5 2500k if this is the case.

However, Football Manager 2011 isn't like the games they test. So, basically, I want to know what will I notice in FM 2011 using an i5 compared to the i7?

I'm guessing I will be able to load much more leagues with the i7 and it will run smoother--but is it A LOT more leagues and A LOT more smoother than i5?

Yes FM will definitely benefit from HT of 2600k (which is all it offers over the 2500k).

2500k will run around 70 leagues and 2600k will run 120 leagues. Thing is, is it worth it?

I need the "great one" (Ishu) to help me

If you had up to £500 to spend on a new laptop, what would you buy?

I'm in the market for a new one. Would love to have a MacBook Pro but can't afford one and not convinced it would run FM2011 well in 3D.

I want to be able to play FM2011 with the 3D match engine.

I just need a couple of suggestions. There is too much choice.

Thanks Ishu

Please help me..

Asus K53SJ-SX083V Intel® Core™ i3-2310M - 2,10 GHz / LED HD 15,6" / 4096MB / 320GB / 7 HP / NVIDIA GT520 1GB / WebCam

or

Toshuba Satellite L650-1PN Intel® Core™ i5-480M - 2,66GHz / LED 15.6" / 4096MB / 320GB / 7 HP / DVD-RW DL / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB / WebCam

or

Acer Aspire Timeline X5820TG-545G64MNA Intel® Core™ i5-450M - 2,40 GHz / LED HD 15,6" / 4096MB / 640GB / 7 HP / DVD-RW DL / ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 1GB / WebCam

How many leagues and gpx??

Cheers

Hey folks I was wondering what is the best gaming laptop I could buy for £1200?

- Needs to have a really good graphics card ( able to run Shogun 2 comfortably)

- Needs to have a fast processor to run a LOT of leagues

Help would be much appreciated

Just purchased new laptop and eager to start new game! (Previous laptop was Windows XP 1.5 ghz, 512 MB Ram, integrated graphics so anything new at this point is a severe upgrade)

Intel i5-460m Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz 3MB L3 Cache with Turbo boost to 2.8GHz)

6 GB DDR3 Memory

1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 DDR3 graphics

7200 rpm Hard Drive (but that shouldn't change much of anything right?)

Please advise how many leagues would be good for a long-term save. Looking forward to loading more than 3 leagues and the quality regens that I will start seeing! Thanks.

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help. I'm wanting to buy a desktop computer and would very much like to get back into football manager. I haven't been able to play for years due to a rubbish laptop! I just dont know what desktop to get as they vary so much in price, etc, it's a bit of a mindfield for me. I primarily will be doing work on the pc and internet browsing. The only game I am likely to play is football manager but I want a pc that can last and handle the game because I have been told the more you play the more room is used up on the computer so I need a desktop that can handle this.

I hope someone can help advice me what to buy. Thanks

Anyone know how many leagues this would run:

Range: R Series

Model Name: R730 (Red Lid / Silver Hairline Palmrest)

Part Number: NP-R730-JB08UK

Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Processor: Intel Pentium P6100 (2.13 Ghz with 3MB cache) with Intel Virtualisation Support, Intel 64 Architecture and Intel Hyper-Threading

Main Chipset: Intel HM55

Memory: 4 Gb DDR3 1066 MHz

Memory Slot: 2 x Slot SODIMM

Display: 17.3 inch (1600 x 900 HD+) Gloss SuperBright LED Backlit LCD

Graphics: Intel GMA HD Graphics

Graphics Memory: Shared Memory

Sound: HD (High Definition) Audio

Sound Feature: SRS 3D Sound Effect

Speakers: 4 W Stereo Speakers (2 W x 2)

Integrated Camera: Web Camera

Hard Drive: 500 Gb SATA 5400 rpm

Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi Dual Layer - 5x DVD-RAM, 8x DVD±R 2.4 x DVD+R DL, 4x DVD±RW, 24x CD-R, 16x CD-RW, 8x DVD, 24x CD

Modem: ---

Wired LAN: 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g/N

WWAN: ---

Bluetooth: ---

I/O Port: VGA, HDMI, Headphone-out, Mic-in, Internal Mic with Noise Suppression, 3 x USB 2.0, 3 in 1 Card Reader (SD, SDHC, MMC), DC-in

Keyboard Type: 101 key Island Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

Touch Pad/Screen: Touch Pad (Scroll Scope, Flat Type) with gesture control and illuminated edge

TPM: ---

IAMT: ---

Fingerprint Reader: ---

Recovery: Samsung Recovery Solution

Virus: McAfee Virus Scan (Trial Version)

Security: BIOS Boot Up Password, HDD Password

Lock: Kensington Lock Port

AC Adapter: 60 W

Battery: 6 Cell Lithium ion 4400 mAh

Dimensions (WxDxH): 411.4 x 272.8 x 32 - 39.8 mm

Weight: 2.84 Kg

Warranty: 1 year FastGuard Warranty (Collect and Return)

Installed Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Display Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy SpeedUp Manager, Samsung Support Centre, Samsung Update Plus, Cyberlink DVD Suite

Thanks for any help.

Actually - scrap looking at the second post above - that laptop isn't on the agenda anymore!

I've seen this Toshiba i5:

RAM Size: 4 GB

Processor Brand: Intel

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Processor Type: Intel Core i5

Hard Drive Size: 500 GB

Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM

Operating System: Windows 7 Edition Home Premium

Graphics Card Description: Intel GMA HD

Display Technology: LCD

Response Time: 16 milliseconds

Light Source Type: LED

Anyone (hopefully Ishu) know how many leagues this would run? I only watch the matches in commentary so aren't bothered about viewing the matches in full.

Right - now scrap that one above!

Wakers over on OTF has recommended me this one:

HP Probook 4520s

Screen size - 15.6 in

Processor - Intel® Core i3 370

RAM - 4 GB

Hard Drive - 640 GB

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium

Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 530v

I've gone and ordered it seeing as it looks a great deal at £450.

Ishu (or anyone in the know) - any ideas on how many leagues it will run?

Difference between Sandy Bridge and older i5/i7 CPUs seems really big. Can't wait for the results of Bulldozer CPUs, before I decide which one to get.

Given AMD's recent history, I wouldn't hold my breath that much... Whilst I think AMD Bulldozer can certainly challenge Intel's i3 range, I suspect Intel will have the edge in the i5/i7 region. The days when Athlon 64 was awesome are unfortunately very distant now...

Granted, of course, it's a new architecture, but they will really need to pull something special out of the hat to challenge Sandy Bridge's efficiency and value-for-money.

Hey guys, seeking your expertise regarding malware and its removal...

Earlier today my wife was browsing the net and a popup appeared saying it was MS Removal software and the PC had 38 trojan's/virus/etc. Anyway, unfortunately she clicked on run scan and then the PC was infected with the virus (at the time I was running microsoft security essentials virus protector & it did nothing). Anyway, I booted back into safe mode and I deleted the .exe file and it's folder from the program data folder (running win 7) and then I restarted and the popup wasn't coming up anymore. So I installed ZoneAlarms Extreme Security. I've run a virus scan and zonealarms is saying nothing is there, but I wanted to ask my friends here if I still have to delete it from the registry/somewhere else on the pc or if zonealarms is saying there is nothing it is ok? Do I need a registry clearer or anything or should the PC be fine now?

Any thoughts or input would be apprecaited

Cheers

btw, apologies for the post being non-fm related (although if there is something still there it could stop me playing fm properly..) but I immediately thought that you guys were the right people to ask for guidance in this matter.

ishu

A few weeks ago you suggested i will get the following

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail

Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 Intel H67 (Socket 1155) Motherboard - B3 Revision

Is there a cheap version but can run lots of leagues

Cheers mate

Option 1 (£420):

ACER 5742 Core i5 laptop with 4GB memory - Black

* Intel® Core™ i5-450M (2.4 GHz)

* Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

* Memory: 4GB

* 500GB

Option 2 (£530):

Lenovo G570

Part Number: M513ZUK

Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Dual Core Processor,

15.6" HD Screen,

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit,

6GB DDR3 RAM,

1GB Dedicated Graphics

(A 4GB RAM version with integrated graphics is also available for £480)

I'm assuming the Lenovo will be the better option due to higher RAM and dedicated graphics, but is it better enough to justify the additional £110 outlay?

Archived