Liverpool FC 2008/09

Moreclaw

From what I've read over the years Owen has managed his money very well so perhaps a final fat contract isn't really in his thoughts. I'd think he'd be more interested in regular football and getting his international place back for a final swan song in South Africa which would rule out a move back to Anfield.

wasn't Owen something of a gambler? thought he punted away a fat wedge?

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He owns a horse stable + horse training complex in Cheshire. Any trainer/owner can send horses to him for his staff to look after and use the facilities there. Costs a fair bit and he gets a percentage of anything the horse earns in its races.

He'll still want £60k a week and a hefty signing on fee, no thanks.

Tbh, even though he's a greedy sod and not as good as he used to be I wouldn't say no to Owen given the right terms. Rafa and the backroom staff would get him fit again and I think the atmosphere at the club would be really good for him.

However, I believe Rafa has said in the past that he doesn't rate him, or words to that effect, so can't see us bringing him in.

Why would Owen bother abot a big pat check btw. He has been earning £60k+ a week for a decade. He's probably one of the richest footballers there is, gambling debts or not. £300k is equivalent to two weeks wages. £500 or so for me and you as a comparison.

When you're talking gambling debts - someone at work today said Didi is fairly well indebted to the tune of £700,000 or something. Is that correct?

Dietmar Hamann in £600,000 gambling debt fightMatthew Goodman

A PREMIER League footballer is being pursued through the courts for more than £600,000 in gambling debts.

Dietmar Hamann, the Manchester City midfielder and German international, is being sued by Sporting Index, the spread-betting firm, for losses accumulated since May 2006.

By December last year, Hamann, 35, who spent seven years playing for Liverpool, had racked up debts of £706,000.

He repaid £100,000 on New Year’s Eve, but failed to pay the remainder, due on January 3, according to High Court documents . Sporting Index is also claiming interest of up to £26,400 on the debt.

Hamann, who scored the last goal at the old Wembley stadium before it was demolished, is also being sued by Spreadex, another spread-betting company.

Friends say Hamann will strongly defend the case and denied he was in any financial difficulty.

It is understood he bet on cricket, darts and American football. There is no suggestion he bet on football matches he could have influenced.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6395955.ece

didi :(

Cruzeiro striker Kleber claims Liverpool have made an approach for his services.

The 25-year-old only returned to his homeland in February as part of a deal which took Guilerme to Dynamo Kiev.

Kleber had spent four years in Ukraine but headed back to South America in a move which also involved Cruzeiro receiving 5million euros (£4.3m) for their man.

He has now revealed that he is attracting interest from Europe once more, with Liverpool keen to take him to England.

"I have a proposal from Liverpool for 7million euros (£6m). We are analysing [it]" said the striker on SporTV's Arena programme in Brazil

I don't start threads, I merely supplement them with my superior knowledge & opinions.

Coldberg doesn't start threads, but if he did it would probably be the dullest thread in the world.

Archived