Football Manager 2008 trailer

Not bad but not great either, pretty much a run of the mill advert.

Goes on a bit too long though as I was drifting away by the end and not paying attention to what was being said.

Also had a little laugh at some of the things said about the game such as intense media pressure and abuse from rival managers which is pretty poor in game and nowhere near as big as the ad makes out.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Call me old fashioned by I thought an advert should advertise the product.

With FM08 being so close to FM07 you need to big up new features etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many adverts these days are actually advertising the product 'directly' though?

Using a recent example, what has a drumming gorilla have to do with chocolate? Nothing. But it's an advert that has got them a fair bit of publicity and has been talked about a lot. You could say the same for a lot of other campaigns as well.

A 'factual' advert going on about new features in the game would be pretty dull I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Call me old fashioned by I thought an advert should advertise the product.

With FM08 being so close to FM07 you need to big up new features etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many adverts these days are actually advertising the product 'directly' though?

Using a recent example, what has a drumming gorilla have to do with chocolate? Nothing. But it's an advert that has got them a fair bit of publicity and has been talked about a lot. You could say the same for a lot of other campaigns as well.

A 'factual' advert going on about new features in the game would be pretty dull I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree 100%. The group of people who are interested in the new features of FM08 can and will get that information from the various official web sites. Ads like these do a much better job attracting new gamers. I still prefer something light-hearted like the sheepdog ads tho.

Cut to the outside of a normal residential house...it's obviously early evening

Pan inside into the hall

middle aged woman climbing the stairs carrying a tray containing an evening meal

'John your tea's here love'

Woman waits...no answer.

'I'll put it by your door then'

she heads back down stairs

Pan to the outside view...milkfloat drives away from house

Same shot of woman climbing stairs with tray, this time containing a bowl of cereal

You can see the evening meal still sat at the door

'breakfast dear'

no answer

woman shakes head, shrugs and walks downstairs

Cut to appropriate catchphrase.

like that but funnier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Cut to the outside of a normal residential house...it's obviously early evening

Pan inside into the hall

middle aged woman climbing the stairs carrying a tray containing an evening meal

'John your tea's here love'

Woman waits...no answer.

'I'll put it by your door then'

she heads back down stairs

Pan to the outside view...milkfloat drives away from house

Same shot of woman climbing stairs with tray, this time containing a bowl of cereal

You can see the evening meal still sat at the door

'breakfast dear'

no answer

woman shakes head, shrugs and walks downstairs

Cut to appropriate catchphrase.

like that but funnier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just dub the Southpark episode where they are glued to the computers playing WoW and Cartman's mom comes in with a bedpan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

mallen102000 - internet based. Too long for TV.

Michael Foster - what would impress you then? Dancing panda's playing guitars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent icon_biggrin.gif

Grrr, not allowed to edit posts. Btw, is there a decent reason for that? If not, eat my second post taking space.

For what its worth, I MUCH preferred the old advert with the sheep dog tackle etc. I showed that to people with no interest in Footie Manager - now that IS flashing the message about a game around. This time... sorry but it was boring and I thought it a little bit sad actually...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick:

As for the comments about the voice-over. You can make any associations you like but at the end of the day it's a voice-over by an actor. No silly walks, no comic gags and certainly no role/character association as you seem to be insinuating by referring to 'stupid, bigoted bully'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it be nasty and snipish to imply perhaps he's one of those people who split at soap stars on the street because their character is a bad person?

I absolutly loved it!!! iit`s simply breathtaking for those have us that know what the game is all about! it really put my feelings towards the game on the "big screen"

congratulations to all the guys that had the idea!

PS was i seing well or were there in you tube a fm demo game with a COLOUR ball??????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!! This is a test post (mozilla firefox). Please ignore it!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived