- The Official Blue Square Thread - Football League here we come!

chilli_puzzle

Some recommended signings from one of my Luton games:

- Richard Smallwood, MC. Cracking all-round midfielder, only 18. Got him on loan from Middlesbrough who pay all of his wages so budget isn't an issue.

- Ashley Grimes, ST. Available for £40k from Milwall who also accept any loan bids. Will score loads, play him as a poacher.

- Arthur Nigmatullin, GK. 18 year old Russian goalkeeper, available on a free transfer from CSKA Moscow. Decent starting stats and potential to be a top class Championship keeper. Only thing that lets him down a bit is his agility stat a bit.

Also got Davide Petrucci and Jordan Spence in on loan from Man Utd and West Ham respectively, both are happy to pay full wages for the duration so no dent in your budget and both are awesome. Also both are:

-9 PA

so if you can get your club on their favourites list you never know, maybe one day in the future they will be back!

Simon Heslop, MC, is also worth a look, available on a free from Barnsley. Will do a job in the Conference and if you can get him closer to his potential the league above as well.

Also there are a LOT of young Russian players available on free transfers. Luton have Dmity Kharine as a coach so I'm guessing his knowledge of Russia influences what comes up in the player search, but if you are playing as LTFC do a search for players available for under £10k and get your Ass. Man to filter out unrealistic targets. That's how I found the keeper and there were plenty more there if I had more money to spend on wages (stupid Matthew Barnes-Homer and his £1500 p/w!!)

EDIT: forgot a couple more loan targets you might want to look at, I couldn't get them in unfortunately as I already had three domestic loans in but all accepted contracts and all their clubs were willing to pay wages for the season.

- Alex Nimely-Tchumeini, ST, Man City

- David Ball, ST, Man City

- Rhys Murphy, ST, Arsenal

All have quality CAs for this level and high PAs so in the long term getting them to like you and your club is a good thing!

Cheers.

Just started a new game with Rushdon Diamonds so hopefully i can get promoted. Didn't realise you can loan 4 season long loan players plus 3 month loan players too

won promotion with Rushden and sitting top of league 2 after xmas, the key seems to be loan signings.

Guys check out Piotr Kuklis (AMC). Brought him at the begining of the first season for my York team on 10.3. Absolute beast. Easily Championship player.

I don't have to mention Willy Topp, right?

• 2 weeks later...

starting a new game up as Stafford in Blue Sq north

yowch, bad bank balance to begin with :( doubt i will be able to bring any new players in

oh well, should be a fun challenge to use the players i am given & see if i can manage to at least stay in the top half :)

Started unemployed and ended up at relegation threatened Forest Green, only lost 1 game out of the 8 I finished off the first season with, comfortably avoiding relegation.

Like most clubs in the BSP, we're pretty broke, but I decided to stay for another season before maybe moving higher

• 2 weeks later...
Stalybridge Celtic in the BSN! Having great fun with them. Check out Assan Hammouti and Maximo Irrazabal (sp?) - great signings!

Hammouti looks immense. Just started with Stalybridge Celtic as well.

won promotion with Rushden and sitting top of league 2 after xmas, the key seems to be loan signings.

won the 2nd division now in league one and another season of no cash! not so sure i will stick it out this season i will see what other jobs come up if i get found out this season

Not many playing in the lower leagues at the moment huh :(

I'm currently sitting in 2nd with Stalybridge after 14 games. Signed many fantastic lower league French players but my wage bill is shocking!

Started a save using Wrexham. Always had a soft spot for them since Micky Thomas. Good capacity stadium. Not a terrible team. Offloaded a load of players in the last years of their contracts and picked up some decent talent. Star man is Man Utd striker Febian Brandy who's scoring for fun since coming in on loan. Sitting 3rd at the end of November with a few games in hand. Keep hammering teams at home (a couple 5-0's and a 6-1 in the past 6 weeks) but not having it all our own way on the road. Still, hopeful of promotion if I can keep everybody fit.

Just started a Dover save and I'll report my findings. 6k to spend and expected to push for promotion. Found some bargains and trying to get a few long term loans in Jordan Spence(always in my teams) and a number of young strikers. Willy Topp is possibly on his way to me. Kinda wish I'd spent a bit more time customising the database, but there's enough to gt started, it'll just be a bit harder. Has anyone tried the old technique of getting even lower teams into BSS/BSN? I remember that you could holiday it until just before the second season, then restart the save until the low league teams get promoted to BSS/BSN. For example, I managed to find my local Faversham Town after a few restarts.

Right this lot are the ones I signed for my team, you wanna get in there quick though as the competition is there if they hear about them too. All are dirt cheap, if not free and not one below 3.5 stars...

Danny Jackson (SW/DC)

Willy Topp (ST)

Mark Briggs (ST)

Gregg Shannon (GK)

James Ashmore (MC)

Danny Murphy (DL)

Troy Brown (DC) will cost about £8k and want £600+ p/w-too much for me!

Alexis Nikolas (DM)

David O'Neill (AMR/L/ST)

Andy Smith (DR/WBR/MR/AMR)

Ronan Frow(ST)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Won the league and promotion to League Two on the last day of the season with Wrexham. Stunned to absolutely walk League Two finishing with almost 120 points. Third season and I'm near the top of League One after a few months. The only downside is that attendances are pathetic (around 6,000) and the board have yet to give me a competitive transfer or wage budget despite the fact we've over a million in the bank (40k to avoid relegation in League One) so I'm still relying on free transfers. Got 5 quality players in Wayne Hennessy in goals, Kirk Broadfoot and John Kennedy centre backs and Mark Burchill and Rob Earnshaw up front. If the Wrexham faithful don't start turning up to watch their team I'm off at the end of the season to a club with loftier ambitions. Just like Brian Clough I am.

• 1 year later...

[Maybe the wrong thread, but I couldn't find a Woking thread.. and Woking start off in the Blue Square Leagues on FM12]

On my journey save, I'm currently in charge of Woking. (after starting off unemployed, I've been there since halfway through the 2011/12 season. Woking approached me when they were near the Blue Square South relegation zone.)

Anyway, since the summer of the current season (2017-18) a new owner has been trying to buy the club.. talk's broke down in the summer. How ever talks began again recently, and the new chairman has just completed the takeover. It was then that I realised it was Daniel Levy! :cool:

I never really took any notice before, but when I saw the personal message from Levy it raised my eyebrows. I thought it may have been a regen with the same name etc. But I checked Spurs, and Levy had left them in June 2017... and now he's bought Woking in October 2017.

I wonder if I will get some big (ish) bucks to spend..

MTkOY.jpg

3onlV.jpg

ill update it here aswell then ;) ..started a fleetwood town save 2 weeks ago , 1st season won the league by 15 odd points i think , promoted so expecting a relegation fight with no funds at all i won the league again .now sitting TOP of league 1 after 22 games id say it will be 3 title winning seasons in a row ...4 would be awesome straight to the premier league , will be my best achievement in any fm game , im using my own 4-4-2 plug-play ,which i created during pre season of my 1st season and its working wonders ..scoring 100 goals a season, vardy is a freak and has 30 goals 3rd season at half way point :) i started the game becuase i though i would have alot of money as ive herd they are a rich club ..but i havent seen a single dollar come my way :( even after 2 titles in a row soon to be 3

Somehow managed to get Darlington promoted in my first season finishing 2nd. If we didn't start with -10 I'd of won the league outright. We also retained the FA Trophy. A takeover early on helped, as well as a link with C.Palace, then Liverpool.

• 4 months later...

I've decided to start one more save, and play it until FM13 is released. I'll be playing as Cambridge United, and rather than starting a new thread about them I'm just going to post all updates in here. Each season I'll post an end of pre-season update, a couple of mid-season updates (including important signings and cup runs), and an end of season update. If you think I should start a new thread instead, let me know otherwise I'll continue posting in here.

Archived