how do you clear debt?

But the problem is that at the end of the season most of the profit is given to the club owners and the debts are still payed off on a monthly basis although you could have cleared a good piece of the debts with the profits... that really annoys me.

thing is, i have 16 VERY good squad players, followed by about 8 amazing young players coming through, so i litterally wont have to make a signing for at least 6 years. so im thinking, if i dont spend anytihng in transfer window, will the club use the 180 million and pay everything off?

thing is, i have 16 VERY good squad players, followed by about 8 amazing young players coming through, so i litterally wont have to make a signing for at least 6 years. so im thinking, if i dont spend anytihng in transfer window, will the club use the 180 million and pay everything off?

no. no matter what your bank balance they will not pay the loan off all at once and will continue to take it montly.

no. no matter what your bank balance they will not pay the loan off all at once and will continue to take it montly.

That is a bit daft though imo isnt it?

If they had the money then surely the directors would choose to clear the debt early to save a fortune on interest charges

im trynig to get liverpool debt free, if i dont spend my transfer budget will that help?

How much debt are you in? One possible way is to cheat and add another manager as manager of Man City and sell your worst youngster to them for between 30 & 40 million! the Man City board will not interfere in anyway and the deal will go through without any problems. It does work because I've done it in the past. Its cheating in the extreme and the purists will hate it but its one way to stop, or at least delay, the inevitable administration that Liverpool will find themselves in if FM2009 is anything to go by.

That is a bit daft though imo isnt it?

If they had the money then surely the directors would choose to clear the debt early to save a fortune on interest charges

Not necessarily the case. Despite the mess they are in, banks aren't really that daft. If you try and pay off debt early, you're hit with early repayment charges (more often than not).

The banks make a fortune in the interest they charge on debts, so they penalise you for repaying early as it takes means they cannot make as much money from your debt. Therefore, its not always in the clubs interest to pay off debt early.

Not necessarily the case. Despite the mess they are in, banks aren't really that daft. If you try and pay off debt early, you're hit with early repayment charges (more often than not).

The banks make a fortune in the interest they charge on debts, so they penalise you for repaying early as it takes means they cannot make as much money from your debt. Therefore, its not always in the clubs interest to pay off debt early.

The early repayment is always cheaper than the interest...

The problem is opportunity cost. If the interest rate is relatively low, it may suit the club to invest their profits in another way and pay the debt off over time. For instance, if you had a £100k mortgage at 2% and 100k in an ISA at 3%, it'd be silly to pay off the mortgage.

If you want to lower their outstanding loans, the board will restructure these once your balance is healthy. They won't ask you and you can't request it, but they'll channel some of the balance towards paying off the loans early. The balance does need to be quite high though.

Try managing in the lower leagues for a few seasons, and you'll become the most frugal, penny pinching git there ever was!

Offloading players is a good solution (do you really need that 6th goalkeeper)?

Also take a good look at your staff. If they're not contributing much in terms of adding stars to your coaching ratings then it's wise to get rid of them. God knows how much a scout or coach gets paid in the premiership (I don't know 'cause I've never managed in it), but I can imagine it's a horrendous amount.

(I pay my coaches about $400 a wk) :D

You can also adopt the lower league way of doing things and get some loan players in (making sure that the team they're from pay their wages) and also spend bugger all @ transfer time. A club like Liverpool can attract plenty of talent for free.

Hope for a takeover. I just lost my first liverpool save, but after the 4th season I got taken over by a consortium and the debt was paid down to 2 million.

That's what I am going to say.

In my previous Arsenal save, we got a take over, and the new boss cleared all the debuts.:O

Offloading players is a good solution (do you really need that 6th goalkeeper)?

haha, i have 3 goalkeepers, one i bought in january (akinfeev) the other, diego cavaleri and alphonse areola, champs league semi final against athletic madrid, akinfeev was ineligable and areola was injured, so i had one keeper... who OBVIOUSLY sods law, got sent off, so i lost the game 7-1 with insua in goals :D

haha, i have 3 goalkeepers, one i bought in january (akinfeev) the other, diego cavaleri and alphonse areola, champs league semi final against athletic madrid, akinfeev was ineligable and areola was injured, so i had one keeper... who OBVIOUSLY sods law, got sent off, so i lost the game 7-1 with insua in goals :D

ROFL....I once had to use Lung Jr as a WB and he had a 7.0 rating at the end!

Hmm, Guess my bank is pretty ok then. I have a loan on my house with monthly payments over 25 years. Now in the first years almost all my payments are interest. I pay 4.000 a month and about 3.000 of it is interest (All banks do it like that). (4000NOK = £400)

However when I pay in adition to the monthly payments it's all put into downpayment of the loan and nothing in interest. I payed 50.000 this summer and non of the 50.000 was taken as interest and the totaly debt fell with 50k.

Isn't that normal?

Best way is to go into heavy debt and when people come knocking for their money declare yourself backrupt and transfer the ownership of the club to your Sister. Once everyone has forgotten about the money their owed, buy the club back from your Sister for 5p. This worked in real life for Chester City.

You could also do a Burton Albion and use your Chairmans position on the league board to ensure the league does not look into your blantent breaking of the wage cap rules.

Archived