--Official-- British gems thread.

ArcticMonkey

Going to start a newcastle game where i can only bring in British players. I thought it would make a change from the same old boring first few transfers of Matias and Sergey etc.

So i have started this thread to share a few of the British talents around the forum.

I am not looking for the complete obvious players like Rooney,Gerrard,Terry. I want players that are young,British and have a great future.

I will start with a few:

Steven Taylor DC

Solid up and coming centre back. Possible future England captain.

Aiden McGeady AM LC

Great young Scottish creative midfielder.

Owen Garvan MC

Starts at Ipswich and is a really talented dm.

Freddy Eastwood ST

Goal machine!

Hopefully this thread will not die out and will inspire you to start buying more british talent because theres plenty of it!

Leave your suggestions and feedback here,

Thanks.

ArcticMonkey

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Me131:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcticMonkey:

Yer i know mate. I said we'll count the Irish as British. icon_smile.gif

thats like sayin "we'll count all british people as germans" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite mate, but anyway i class Britain as Eng,Ire,Sco and Wales.

p.s Thanks shiny for those players. Some great Welsh talent there.

Anyone had any experience with Matt Hill? He looks like a great defensive left back

I have and yes, he's excellent. Always does a good job for me. Highly recommended.

Can anyone recommend an experienced striker that will bang the goals in. Have been looking at Doyle but Reading want 11m for him and i feel its a bit too pricey.

Nahh, thats a decent enough price for Doyle. Get him as he's good. If not him, then I suggest you go for Billy Sharp, Freddy Eastwood or Dean Ashton. All are great goal-scorers. icon14.gif

Oh, and I highly recommend getting Giles Barnes from Derby. Brilliant player.

no ireland are'nt part of Britain,and irish people don't like to be called part of Britain, Northerin Ireland is british,so cathcart and evans are british, but doyle is not he is irish

Lets not go into the politics of it eh? The guy who started the thread is happy with people recommending Irish players as well so lets just leave it at that.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no ireland are'nt part of Britain,and irish people don't like to be called part of Britain, Northerin Ireland is british,so cathcart and evans are british, but doyle is not he is irish

Lets not go into the politics of it eh? The guy who started the thread is happy with people recommending Irish players as well so lets just leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok,well put British and irish players

Scott Sinclair!!!!!!

Ryan Bertrand

Michael Mancienne

Craig Cathcart

Fraizer Campbell

(if including ireland) Darron Gibson, Jonny Evans

Giles Barnes

Mark Randall

Matthew Connolly

Justin Hoyte

Harry Forrester

Craig Gardner

Jamie O'Hara

Jonathan Franks

Nathan Porritt

Adam Johnson

David Wheater

ok bored now lool

Originally posted by adamj11:

yes you are, the british Isles consists of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the channel islands, the isle of mann and the Shetlands, the UK consists of GB and NI, GB consists of England,Wales and Scotland.

techniqualy yes but irish people generally reject recognition of being called british isles, it would be like if irish people started calling england "irish island" you would reject this title but we'd be using it,if you get what i mean

The British Isles is the correct name for it, the Irish island would have no basis in reality at all. There's a huge difference. Yes, it's offensive, which is why it's not used. Nor is the ROI part of the UK or Britain in any way.

However I think it's fair to say that a lot of people simply don't see it as a huge issue now that things have settled down, so would it not be easier just to go with the usage of British = UK & Ireland? (Anyone thinking this is just "pedantry", shut up and learn your history).

This thread has been derailed hard:

Joe Mattoack, Ashley Chambers and Matty Fryat are all -8 PA, and can therefore turn out quite well, Mattack and Chambers in particular.

Thanks Arathonas!

Yes, Mattocks one of my favourite players on fm08. Chambers looks quality for his age and fryatt isn't too far behind.

Anyway on my n'castle game, i've brought in:

Nicky Hunt---5m

Ross McCormack---2.4m

Matt Hill---500k

Chris Burke---2.8m

Richard Stearman---2.2m

Owen Garvan---2m

Craig Cathcart---1m

David Jones---2.7m

After winning all five of my friendlies comfortably, my first prem game was home to lpool. I was naturally expecting a tough game but was surprised when i romped to a 6-1 victory!

Tell me what you think of my signings and any British wonderkids you come across.

ArcticMonkey

p.s- sorry about the huge arguement i seemed to have gave caused tonight. Or shall we just call it a slight discussion. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no ireland are'nt part of Britain,and irish people don't like to be called part of Britain, Northerin Ireland is british,so cathcart and evans are british, but doyle is not he is irish

Lets not go into the politics of it eh? The guy who started the thread is happy with people recommending Irish players as well so lets just leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok,well put British and irish players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs idiot the threads already been made and he stated Irish players can be included too and lets face it if we really wanted your crappy little island we'd just take it again icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Me131:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

ffs idiot the threads already been made and he stated Irish players can be included too and lets face it if we really wanted your crappy little island we'd just take it again icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont really want to comment but, WELL SAID MATE! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamj11:

yes you are, the british Isles consists of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the channel islands, the isle of mann and the Shetlands, the UK consists of GB and NI, GB consists of England,Wales and Scotland.

techniqualy yes but irish people generally reject recognition of being called british isles, it would be like if irish people started calling england "irish island" you would reject this title but we'd be using it,if you get what i mean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on mate? I'm welsh and know plenty of irishmen, and they all know Ireland is one of the British Isles...

Not sure if these are too obvious or not but here goes:

Michael Johnson - Man City

Stephen Ireland - Man City

Richard Dunne - Man City (Not that young, 28, but really solid)

Justin Hoyte - Arsenal

James Vaughan - Everton

Fraizer Campbell - Man Utd

Seb Hines - Middlesborough

Hope some of these help.

Originally posted by ArcticMonkey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbob_BCFC:

My favorite player of all time on FM, he's english, hes young, its......Daniel Sturridge!

Also, Danny Haynes, gr8 english striker, young, and explosive.

PS, both of these will become 'Wonderkids'.

Jimbob.

Thanks for those two mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No probs m8, good luck, also Fabrice Muamba, he turns to wonderkid after a decent seanson.

Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Me131:

just take it again? just like u took iraq and look how well that worked out for ye, ye even had america on ur side that time what chance would u possibly have doin it alone?

Nedum Onuoha

Michael Mancienne

Danny Welbeck

Nathan Delfouneso

Scott Sinclair

Fabrice Muamba

Krystian Pearce

Jack Hobbs

Michael Woods

Andy Carroll

Michael Johnson

Theo Walcott

Jose Baxter

Preston Edwards

Giles Barnes

they are all english wonderkids

max noble-welsh

ffs idiot the threads already been made and he stated Irish players can be included too and lets face it if we really wanted your crappy little island we'd just take it again icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived