FM10: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this game is so frustrating!! i'm in 2nd season after finishing bottom of county div 2 last season, this year im about 14th with a record of 2 wins 15 draws and 2 defeats!!

I cannot score a goal at all! is anyone having success with strikers?

That's the main problem I've found so far managing this far down. Fortunately it goes both ways as I've not conceded many but if I could sign a striker who can score I'd breeze the league!

The new build of SB's database (build 45 I think), is really a good one. Level 10 teams set to Amatuer, prize money added so that finances aren't as much of a nightmare, and corrected kits for most teams. Oh, and now some level 10 teams can enter the FA Cup. Rocking this build with the mighty SEAHAM RED STAR!

The new build of SB's database (build 45 I think), is really a good one. Level 10 teams set to Amatuer, prize money added so that finances aren't as much of a nightmare, and corrected kits for most teams. Oh, and now some level 10 teams can enter the FA Cup. Rocking this build with the mighty SEAHAM RED STAR!

So im guessing i'd have to restart if i was to use this?

Will start this tomorrow, have it downloaded and ready to go, just need to decide which team to go ahead with. Was hoping for one with lots of cup games but problem with that is I have no idea who that would involve; so will probably just be someone local to me.

Will start this tomorrow, have it downloaded and ready to go, just need to decide which team to go ahead with. Was hoping for one with lots of cup games but problem with that is I have no idea who that would involve; so will probably just be someone local to me.

Seems like the Northern League D2 has TONS of cups. As the mighty SEAHAM RED STAR I am involved in 3 or 4 local cups, plus FA Cup and Vase.

Seems like the Northern League D2 has TONS of cups. As the mighty SEAHAM RED STAR I am involved in 3 or 4 local cups, plus FA Cup and Vase.

Sounds good, am running the game in holiday mode for this evening to see how many cups my local sides end up in :p

Well I got to the beginning of November and so far just one cup for the local sides (Devon FA St Lukes Cup) and thats it which sucks, might look for a team with a cool name up country instead.

Did notice one team in the FA Cup First Round was due to face no one :S

Wolverhampton Casuals FC Update - Season 1 (2009/2010) - Starting Division: English West Midlands League Premier Division (Level 10)

So I've scrapped my Askern Villa save and started fresh for the new build (didn't like Askern too much anyway) with Wolverhampton Casuals!

Their name suggests ambition. Time to take them to the top!

(I'll probably restart when an even better build comes out, but for the time being this'll do pig)

Starting profile pic

I assume most people are playing with their local sides? Just curious as to whether anyone is a regular supporter of the side that they are managing or whether any of you have been to see (or are intending to go to see) the team you are managing in FM?

I used to watch Hastings, I live in Hastings. I don't now but have got the local newspaper with me and a few mates leading the pack of the pitch invasion after winning the Playoffs!

Guest roberto922
I assume most people are playing with their local sides? Just curious as to whether anyone is a regular supporter of the side that they are managing or whether any of you have been to see (or are intending to go to see) the team you are managing in FM?

My local side's in the Welsh lower leagues so I can't manage them in this challenge

I was thinking of picking a Northern side due to them having more local cups but have decided to pick a local side, it just feels more "right" and it would be good to play against teams and place that I have been to rather than unknown northern places.

I'm a more regular supporter of Lowestoft but Gorleston are more 'local' and seen them a couple of times. Excellent ground for that level, it's completely enclosed and plenty of room for expansion too, hopefully I'll find out if that's true in the game. :D

Never thought I'd see a Lowestoft fan on here so I'll take my moment of glory

Wrexham 1-0 Lowestoft Town :cool:

We'll be seeing you in the BSP in a few seasons, then we'll see. ;)

I was gutted though, obviously didn't go to the game but would have gone to the replay. :(

Have started this now as Clyst Rovers from Honiton, Devon in the Peninsula Premier League (Tier 10), who are predicted 16th in the league, although all of the teams in the league look to be of the same standard anyways.

I would love to post a screenshot of the opening profile but for some reason every time I hit "Prt Scr" it takes an image of whats running behind FM10, so until I figure out why the hell thats happening you'll have to trust me.

Have started this now as Clyst Rovers from Honiton, Devon in the Peninsula Premier League (Tier 10), who are predicted 16th in the league, although all of the teams in the league look to be of the same standard anyways.

I would love to post a screenshot of the opening profile but for some reason every time I hit "Prt Scr" it takes an image of whats running behind FM10, so until I figure out why the hell thats happening you'll have to trust me.

Everyone uses print screen, but i find it alot easier to use the shortcut for a screenshot, if you go in the options and shortcuts you'll find out what it is, pretty sure its alt+9, but best to make sure.

Then you go into my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2010/screenshots and it should save there, complete with names and stuff

saves you cutting it out in paint or whatever, and just upload that.

started again with Lancing (will post screenie tonight) and have come up with a drastic solution to get some quality in my squad.

i did a player search and it comes up with 1107 players living in England who would be interested in sigining.... my scout has been sent to scout all of them!!! anyone else tried this?

Shocking, absolutely shocking. Thats the only way I can describe my campaign - how I haven't been sacked I'll never know.

Rock bottom. 6 goals scored. 30 conceded. 13 points from safety. Relegation imminent. Out of all the cups.

Need to get this season over with then go back to basics :(

Pre-season, as you can see, a mixed bag of results with the win over GH Academy certainly being the best so far

Reserves 1-1

GH Academy 3-0

Swindon S 1-0

Radstock 0-1

Bilborough 0-0

Prescot 1-0

Have signed a handful of players so far on amateur contracts but not as many as I would have liked. The main problem being the teams in tiers 8 and 9 keep taking the people I am interested in.

Bristol Manor Farm Update - Season 1 (2009/2010) - Starting Division: Western League Premier Division (Level 9)

Awful season.

Western League Premier Division - 20th place, Relegated.

I won the first game of the season and had remained undefeated in pre-season. It all looked rosey. However a complete disaster of a season seen me finish rock bottom, despite a media prediction of 6th. How I haven't been sacked yet I'll never know. Won just three league games, scored 12, conceded 51.

Star Signing - None. Well to be fair, I signed a player on loan from Bristol Rovers halfway through the season. He was the best of a bad bunch. My striker signings were particularly awful. Just terrible.

Manager History

Season 1 - Western Premier Division - 20th place - Relegated

It's back to the drawing board for next year. A cull of the whole squad if I'm still in place come pre-season.

Radford FC; Season 1 2009/10. East Midlands Counties League (Level 10).

First day on the job and i sack both the Ass Man and the Physio (who had a Physiopherapy stat of 2). Bringing in Huw Lloyd a 55 Year Old Welsh Ass Man with JPA 10 and Ross Taggart a 44 Year Old English Physio with a 10 in Physiopherapy.

We had 2 spells during the season where we went over 10 games unbeaten with a poor spell of 5 without a win in between them what was interesting was when we lost the teams around us decided to do us a favour and draw at best to help keep us at the top ... We won the East Midlands Counties League Title with 1 game to go earning the club a massive £8,000

in prize funds which will really help us out.

The Board were very happy with what we acchieved this season but are unhappy at our finances.

A look at the Team:

Danny Cecil; LB 30 English.

Played every game bar 1 and helped out with 2 goals 2 assists and won 3 M.O.M awards.

David Lawler; CF 28 English.

Was the clubs top scorer with 8 goals in 30 appearances.

Keith Bailey; CF 23 English.

This lad goes into pre-season still hearing the boo's ... Of our own fans apparently, he

is considered a poor signing by our supporters club but did chip in with the most assists

(other than Scott Ellis who was on loan from Hucknall).

Grant Doherty; CB 26 English.

Won the most Man of the Match awards of the squad.

Ollie Chappell; AMC 22 English.

Got the most bookings even though he only signed for us mid December.

John Howard; R/LM 16 English.

Was the youngest player to appear for us.

Francis Gardner; CF 17 English.

The clubs youngest ever goalscorer and decent prospect scoring 3 in 14 appearances for

the club 7 as sub.

Season   | Division                  | Finished | FA Cup        | Other Cups
2009/10  | East Mids Counties League | 1st      | N/A           | East Mids Cup Q-Final, Nottm Cup Q-Final

Really struggling to get into my Croydon Municipal save. I'm 15 league games in, and sitting nicely in 4th place in the league, but the game is quite slow at times, and the skin is just awful. On top of that, I'm still fighting hard in my FM08 save.....

Anyone have any tips, or just some inspiration to get me involved in FM10? Is there anything amazing in the game... etc etc etc

Have started again, wasn't happy enough as Clyst Rovers so thought I'd be better off re-starting sooner rather than later.

This time I've picked Dartmouth AFC, same league but they are in the FA Cup and being worth just £6,000 even I could afford them.

craigdolling3.th.png

Mini-update

Am through to the FA Cup 1st Round and FA Vase 1st Round, which is great for the finances but jeez, 2 matches a week for the past 2 months has really started to take it out on the team. Having to rotate most matches now :(

Star Siginig : Elliot Benyon, ST from Torquay - cost me £5k after 50 league games and 20% of any future fee I would get from him but he is on 16 goals in 13 games as is easily the best player in the league.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Dartmouth -v- Millwall

Highest team I've beaten so far has been a tier 8 side so I can't see this going too well.

Edit 1 - Lost 1 - 2 after taking the lead, keepers first conceded goals in 1001 minutes too :)

Edit 2 - Theres something wrong here, my fans are disappointed about losing to a team SIX tiers higher than me!

FA Cup 3rd Round

Dartmouth -v- Millwall

Highest team I've beaten so far has been a tier 8 side so I can't see this going too well.

Edit 1 - Lost 1 - 2 after taking the lead, keepers first conceded goals in 1001 minutes too :)

Edit 2 - Theres something wrong here, my fans are disappointed about losing to a team SIX tiers higher than me!

Well done just getting that far thats like a cup final/lottery win. See look what you've done now you've made your fans expect a giant killing!

... Just got to shout this out my GK's just scored from a freekick inside our own half :D:p

haha nice goal. :D

That cup run has put our finances up to £33k with the FA Vase and Devon St Lukes cups still bringing in money.

Am on November 14th and up to 24 league and cup games :S

I could do with a good cup run my finances are in terrible shape but i keep getting knocked out by teams below me .. :eek:

Reached January, all was good, and then my players start to show the effects of the many many matches and then to make it worse two bigger clubs have stolen my best two defenders and I don't get a penny from the "sales" as they are only on amateur contracts.

Archived