FM10: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

yeah you've gotta bear in mind that 100s of clubs matches have been added to processing, to speed it up in later seasons you could perhaps set the divisions below you to no detail as they will have little impact on your game?

Guest roberto922

Yeah sure, the detail levels you set are up to you.

And you'll get promoted soon enough, the level 10 league is pretty even, I managed to get promoted with the lowest predicted side with only 3 signings so I'm sure you'll get up :)

But theres not a problem with having the leagues and cups above you set to "none" on full detail? Obviously this will affect the future a bit as things wont be quite as .......... unpredictable? Also, I presume as I move up the leagues, the competitions will change accordingly so that only the ones I need are on full detail? Or should I try to do this manually?

Guest roberto922

It's up to you, sure it makes the promotions/relegations more predictable but it won't have an effect on your challenge and is therefore your choice, just make sure you keep the division and cups you're competing in on full detail

Any competition you're in are automatically set to full detail :)

I just scored an 86th minute winner against Stavely Miners Welfare and genuinely found myself pumping my first in the best Tim Henman tradition. Haven't done that in a Football Manager game for years :D

Still being tested apparently.

If someone could upload the steam exclusive skin when it's released (if it's any good) then that would be appreciated btw ;)

Another win - 2-0. Top of the league with a solid defence so far. Might post the league table as it stands :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/35ktw9d.jpg

Why whenever I try to use photobucket or tinypic do they make my images too small?

The only way they come out as a decent size is if I use an img tag and then they're too big! :mad:

Looks like it - does it do that all the time?

Has anyone else noticed that defenders on the near post at corners don't move?

I just noticed my defender doing that twice in my last match - the ball practically went straight to him and he just didn't move at all.

Well, we went on to lose that first league game 1-0. Would like to claim it was all down to that bug but I fear the fact we had not one shot on target all game might have more to do with it. Conceded in the last 10 minutes though, which is a shame. ALL my players are (apparently) about 4/5 star though, so it's hard to know what to improve on? Anyone else have this problem?

My squad screen. Seems quite strong from that but it's quite annoying as it means that I can scout players from Premiership teams who are clearly much better, and the scouts dont differentiate....I'm basically trying to bring in a couple of good loans from perhaps level 3-6 to really boost the side but I have no real way of deciding who to go for. any ideas?

I think that's down to your coaches being cack :p You really are on your own at this level, unless you can find some decent staff. I haven't had much luck in that regard so far.

Scout reports are particularly confusing.

I'm doing well at the moment by keeping things simple and setting player roles that make use of each player's best stat. I have a striker with 18 flair and he's scoring for fun set up as an advanced forward :p

My midfielders all seem to be determined and decent at tackling with good work rate so i set them to ball winning midfielders.

We're not consistent yet though and have problems playing well in cup games for some reason. Probably because everyone we play against in the cup are vastly superior :p

Going to call it a night now I think. Got a whole day of this tomorrow :D

4 games gone in my Ludlow game so far, and with 3 wins and a loss we're sitting pretty at the top of the league. Board's being incredibly stingy about the wage budget, so plenty of players have left and I'm left with a 4 or 5* first team and fairly awful reserves. That could come back to bite me, but I'm happy with the way things have gone so far. Best moment was my transfer listed forward, playing as a Trequartista (which I wasn't sure existed at this level tbh :D) scored two goals in a 3-1 win. He came back off the transfer list.

Guest roberto922

He's the new Svec tbh ;)

Not happy :mad: I was 1-0 up in the 3rd game against the top side, winning would have seen me go 3 points clear at the top, they got a penalty in the 85th minute and scored :(

do they have researchers that far down?

I'm sure they dont yet....but if I'm gonna go anyway, why not?

Anyway, back to the topic. Refs seem to be much harsher at this level, far more yellow and red cards. So far approx 1 red in every 3 games, and around 3-4 yellows per match...and in the last two of my games there have been a total of 5 red cards!!!

Ok, this is FRUSTRATING.

Every time I move forward a day, I click "go on holiday" - and it says "You cannot go on holiday on a match day".

First of all, why the hell not? I'm unemployed, I can do what I want. Secondly, when the hell is there not a match day, so that I CAN go on holiday? :mad:

oad a game with the English leagues only, with Level 9 selected, a large database (or smaller if preferred), the attribute masking, real players and transfer boxes ticked and the add key staff box unticked.

In addition this year, for those of you who want to add to the database to make things more competitive at the top level in the long term, you can set the database level to custom to add the players for the top clubs in each continent. It should look like this. This is purely optional, but no extra players can be loaded on top of this, this is the limit.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all. I like to call mine 'Holiday Man'.

Go on holiday until 25th June, this shouldn't take too long, perhaps about an hour, or a couple of hours if, like me

See. :D

I dont know - I go on holiday on matchdays from time to time, if its a game I dont care about much....

It seems to work for me, though I'm not doing it at all at the moment.

EDT - Needed to refresh. Still an issue with the holidaying though, might wanna sort that out as it might be important later.

Ok... I don't get this. My computer is top of the range, the spec is awesome, but I only get 2.5* speed when I have Large database selected, (with no added players).... why is it so slow? Just because of the amount of leagues? This could be an issue in like, 30 seasons...

EDIT : And then I add 2 custom continents for players, and it moves down to half star :(

Guest roberto922

Would you rather I'd waited for you to get to the start of the 10/11 season? :D I'll edit the OP tomorrow, good luck with your game :)

Wait, there's an Askern team?? As in the Askern between Doncaster and Selby?

I live not 3 miles from there and I didn't even know they had a team! :D

EDIT

In a surprise move, my bro has gone and picked up a copy of FM10 from town. I begin the challenge now :D Will update shortly with my manager profile :)

I wouldn't know man, I'm from Australia. I just decided to go with them because they had a nice badge (I found a logo pack in the CSE thread for the England lower league DB). They're pretty good!

This is the wiki of the team if you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askern_Villa_F.C.

Is this the right Setup? Also do I need to load any other players or is that just a choice? And am I right that I just pick a club from any of Tier 10 and start with them?

Yes, that is the right setup, you can pick a team from any level below the BSS/N, but Level 10 is more enjoyable.

Another update, completely walked the league title with 8 matches left, the bad news is that I only have one striker now that my top scorer has left.

Will post a final position screenshot.

Archived