FM10: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2024/25 Review - London Lions in the English Premier League

League Table

Past Positions

My first season unbeaten. :cool: We got more points two seasons ago, but this is somehow more satisfying.

Champions Cup Grp D

Knockout Rounds

Final

Finally! Not exactly won in style, but you'd be hard-pressed to argue that we didn't deserve it. Gadjiev blew so many great chances that I got proper mad, but with City never really getting anywhere on the ball the odd goal was enough. Very pleasing to see us dominate here as well; this club has come a long way from the Hertfordshire Senior Premier. :)

Squad

Transfers

Added Rodrigues at left-back and spent more than I'm normally comfortable with on Wilkinson to get a world class central midfielder with homegrown status in, but it clearly paid off on the pitch. We're a seriously solid squad now, as proven by the league performance.

And with that, challenge complete! :)

Season   League                        Pos   Achievements
[b]2024/25  Premier League                1st   League, CCT, CL winners[/b]
2023/24  Premier League                1st   League, CCT winners, CL finalists
[b]2022/23  Premier League                1st   League, CCT winners[/b]
2021/22  Premier League                3rd   CCT winners, EURO Cup finalists
2020/21  Premier League                7th   FA Cup, CCT winners
2019/20  Coca-Cola Championship        2nd   Promotion, CCT winners
2018/19  Coca-Cola League 1            2nd   Promotion
2017/18  Coca-Cola League 1            11th  CCT winners
2016/17  Coca-Cola League 2            3rd   Promotion
2015/16  Blue Square Premier           3rd   League Playoff, CCT, FA Trophy winners
2014/15  Blue Square North             2nd   League Playoff, CCT, FA Trophy winners
2013/14  Isthmian Premier              1st   League, CCT, ILC winners
2012/13  Southern D1SW                 1st   League, CCT winners
2011/12  Spartan South Mids Premier    1st   League, CCT, SSMCT, SSMPDC winners
2010/11  Spartan South Mids D1         1st   League, CCT, SSMCT winners
2009/10  Hertfordshire Senior Premier  1st   League, CCT winners

• 1 month later...

Season 10/11 Wootton Bassett Town HEL LD1 W

Once again a 3rd place finish as I only managed to win one of my last 4 games.

Won the HC Cup and the Wiltshire Senior Cup.

Lost 11 first -teamers through the season as we're an Amt Club. My two forwards scored 49 goals between them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Daemonic,

How do you find your loan players. Do you use the player search or do you go to the North West clubs and try all their players to see who will join. i only ask as I am at the start of the second season and there are no players willing to join me on loan when I use the player search with the assistant filtering out those who are willing to join

• 1 month later...

This would be an interesting read if it weren't for some obvious 'strange' events. There are a lot of honest people trying to do this, and they get demotivated by those ppl gaining almost consecutive promotions to PRM and then win the CL in no time. Could the save/reload people please stay away as well as any other form of trying to be interesting. You can get lucky but finishing 1st in every league you play in is something I can't believe was done in a normal matter. And if it was really so, why aren't you working with SI games as you obviously noticed all the flaws and perfectly used them to your advantage. So now, on to the people that really enjoy this doing the normal way ... ow wait they all left demotivated ...

Archived