dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2013-2014 BSP

Champions!

We had a poor start to the season, but after Christmas we won nearly every game

Also secured the FA Trophy

Not many transfers made this season, only a couple of defenders to complete the squad.

My two best players were my young winger Scott, who is way to good for the team, and my top scorer Duffy

Looking over my squad, I have maybe three or for players who can cope with League Two, so I'll try to find some bargains over the summer, seeing as my board and I don't see eye to eye on finances.

Ok, 2 solid nights of reloading from the 24th trying to get Truro. I've already Pm'd one person who has a Truro save on the go, but if anyone has an original Truro save before they've made any of their changes please put me out of my misery!!!

In the meantime I've just installed FM on my desktop as well as my laptop & i'm now loading the save on both machines, double my chances.

It's crazy seeing as Truro are/were one of the favourites for the division. I must have reloaded at least a few hundred times by now... :-(

Have Didcot came up at all? I think they are the team with the lowest rep.

????? what do you mean???

You said no one had farnborough yet the last person on the list had it. :)

Dont matter just made me chuckle slightly.

I think i am the only one with Kendal.

The only person ever to get Kendal into the Blue Square premier :)

You said no one had farnborough yet the last person on the list had it. :)

Dont matter just made me chuckle slightly.

I think i am the only one with Kendal.

The only person ever to get Kendal into the Blue Square premier :)

Hmmm, they're definitely on the list of teams that people are. Dunno what you're looking at but it's not the same thing I am. I have them listed first in my list of teams that being are already competing with. The only ones I have that aren't on the list that I've found are listed at the bottom and are Hucknall, Horsham and Burscough.

I currently can count 23 different teams I believe, Farnborough, Hornchurch, Kendal, Dartford, Bradford PA, Marine, Guiseley, Merthyr, Chippenham, Boston United, Nuneaton, Canvey Island, Kings Lynn, Oxford City, Bedford, Sutton United, Cambridge, Tonbridge, FC United, Carshalton, Truro, Tooting & Mitcham, and Billericay who haven't made the list yet but I believe I've seen someone being them.

LOL think one of us must be tired.

On a side note can we take international jobs while on this challenge or not!

I HATE/love this game!!!

Any tips? This is even harder than the FM09 Dafuge Challenge, and I was c**p at that!

One thing i do, is look at the home nations under 19s and under 21 squads usually some players there on frees who are quite decent. Look at some of my squad.

I currently have 3 under 19's and one under 21 playing for me!

And that was in my first season!

One thing i do, is look at the home nations under 19s and under 21 squads usually some players there on frees who are quite decent. Look at some of my squad.

I currently have 3 under 19's and one under 21 playing for me!

And that was in my first season!

nope - they all have contracts, mostly at big clubs. Smallest club on the list of clubs represented at U19 level is Darlington.

nope - they all have contracts, mostly at big clubs. Smallest club on the list of clubs represented at U19 level is Darlington.

You checked scotland, northern ireleand and ireland as well?

I just signed another 2 one from scotland and one from ireland since my last post.

Nantwich Town – Blue Square Premier 2011/12 – Season 2

So after winning the BSN Title last season, I was hoping to keep the momentum going and to get out of the BSP at the first chance.

The season didn't get off to the best of starts mine my chairman made his third attempt to sell the club, this time to a bunch of Serbian businessmen, this one looked a little bit more serious as they put us under a transfer embargo before taking over and considering whether to fire me or not[, in the end they kept me on and finally lifted the embargo though with just a week of the transfer window left open :(

Transfers - Not that many this season, though I did sign 5 players at the end of last season before the embargo was in place, but even without the embargo it was a struggle to find quality players willing to play for me, in the end I boosted my team by loaning half of Crewe's reserves.

The boards expectations were to avoid relegation this season, though the bookies gave us an outside chance of promotion.

We got off to a good start in the league beating promotion hopefuls Aldershot and Wrexham in our opening games, before losing to Ebbsfleet.

We quickly found ourselves in the lower half of the playoffs, but we lacked the consistenty to reign in the leaders, and a poor christmas were we drew twice and lost twice saw us struggling to stay in the playoffs.

But a 10 game and six game unbeaten streak saw us claim a playoff spot and come close to poaching the title from Barnet - having beaten them in their own backyard (to do the double over them) made them wait another week for the title.

In the playoffs we would face Kidderminster who we'd drawn to and lost to in the League - the first leg was a cagey affair in wet conditions, and we finally took the lead in the 74th minute when a goal mouth scramble from a corner went in over a Kidderminster player, and 10 minutes later we made it 2-0.

Before the Second Leg we had the small matter of the FA Trophy Final - we had an eventful path to the final beating Eastwood 3-0 in the 1st round, before beating Alfreton with an 16 pen shootout on a replay in the 2nd round, in the 3rd round we dispatched Altrincham 1-0 and then beat Droylsden 1-0 aswell.

In the semi-final we face St. Albans, and we just about managed to win the first leg 3-2 - we both of us suffering own goals from our keepers as the ball went in off our keepers after hitting the post. In the Second Leg we claimed a 2-0 victory with two first half goals, though we did suffer an injury to onloan Striker Simpson who's goals got us to the final.

In the Final we faced Aldershot at Wembley, but our nerves got to us as my Captain Assoumani fell apart and Aldershot managed to win 3-2 :(

The arrangement of the fans at Wembley was a little weird - all of Alderhots fans were stuffed into the left end, whilst my fans were spread through the other three stands.

After putting the disapointment of the FA Trophy Final behind us we returned to the playoffs and a 1-0 2nd leg win over Kidderminster was enough to ensure a return to Wembley to face Dagenham this time. The second leg also became the first game on FM I have ever seen the stadium filled - all 3,500 people turned for the game, bringing in £30K.

I was expecting a close game against Dagenham in the Playoff Final - considering we had to come from behind to draw both the league games - however we took control from the first minute as the occasion got to Dagenham, though it took until the hour mark for us to open the scoring centre-back Assoumani atoning for his FA Trophy performance by opening the scoring, 15th minutes later we hit them on the counter with Dunne making it 2-0 and then another counter made it 3-0 and we were on our way to the Football League.

Final Table and POS Graph.

The FA Cup didn't go well as a late pen saw Kendal knock us out in our only game.

Squad - despite winning the BSN last season only my 4 Scottish stars kept their places, with several players sold off to reduce the wage bill.

Grant Adam continues in goal, where despite a few poor performances he had a solid season again keeping 23 clean sheets in the league, with Irisham Diramuid Byrne continuing to provide cover.

At right back was ex-Spurs trainee Phil Ifil, providing cover was James Sinclair who dropped back after I sold Gallacher. On the left was ex-Charlton trainee Grant Basey who proved to a fine addition winning Fans player of the year award, providing cover was my last Bulgarian Krushovski.

In the Centre of Defence Comoros Captain Mansour Assoumani arrived after being released by Wrexham and formed a good partnership with Adam Hunter, though ex-Liverpool youngster Daniel Ayala pushed them both hard for a first team place when he arrived in January, providing cover was former Port Vale defender John McCombe who has just joined TNS for £14K.

On the right wing was Jason Mycoe who'd been released by Macclesfield, providing cover was Irisham Barry Cogan who'd been released from Crawley. On the left was former Shrewsbury Winger Steven Leslie, with cover being provided by Sam Saunders who was on loan from Crewe.

My centre midfield saw a change aswell - James Dunne once of Arsenal arrived to shore up the defence, whilst former Leeds youngster Ollie Hotchkiss arrived to add a bit of spark to my midfield. Whilst Mark Millar and Tom Miller provided cover, as did Australian Gareth Edds.

Upfront Sean Fitzharris and James Keatings continued as my strike force - with Fitzharris my all-time leading goalscorer with 33 goals, one more than Keatings has.

Providing cover was my record signing Anthony Craven and best youth prospect (PA 3 stars) Philip Gould, backing them up was whoever I could bring in on loan - Crewe Youngster Nathan Simpson was going strong in the cups before injury ended his season and he was replaced by Port Vale youngster Anthony Malbon.

Best XI - No complaints.

Overall XI - Mark Millar the only first seasoner picked.

Profile - I managed my 100th game for Nantwich a 2-1 win over Lewes, whilst I was linked with my first job - the Wrexham job.

Moneywise - we are looking comfortable with just over £200K in the bank, having made £250K profit this year.

Confidence - still Untouchable, though the fans not best pleased with me selling players of to balance the books.

Overview Screen.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs

Really need to sort out my wage bill asap. Paid over £1 million this season in wages, which is not good whatsoever. The move to professional, and the increased wage demands, isn't doing me any favours.

Weird, my new kit sponsorship has stayed at 5k per annum. Think the bug from last year has returned :(

Mine doesn't get renewed until 2014 :(

I think I might have to start again tomorrow, think I've messed up this game too badly. Anyone got any good tips for how to start? I find it very hard at the start, no idea who to sign, no idea what to do with training etc....i end up losing loads of money and...as you've seen....losing a lot!!!

Dafuge - Surprised he wouldn't come to you then, i didn't even have to persuade that much. In fact gave him 10 a week less than he wanted.

Greyed outman - Get ALOT of players on trial. Thats what i did. Helps you find out some good or some bad players.

Overall i signed 22 players so far - Lots are very good a few are poor.

At the end of the day its a gamble, and your meant to have fun, even in the down days.

So i say sign away until you find some gems, get them to gel, and then climb the leagues!

I love the GH Academy.

Played them in a previous season and a Bulgarian ST by the name of Radoslav Vasilev impressed with 2 goals. Noticed he had been released on a free this season, picked him up and he has scored 10 in 9. :)

I don't they've signed several players I was interested in, who I was hoping would become desperate and sign for me, but now they play in Spain where I cannot scout them and to make matters worse GH Academy want £200K for them and won't trial them out :(

Marine - 2010/2011 - BSN

Only 4 games in. Undefeated thus far.

Won 3, Drew 1.

However, what makes this post worthy, is the insane form of my Centre Back.

Michael Jackson

Usually, for me at least, it takes 1 player to single handedly get me out of the BSN.

FM07 it was a fellow called Mark Dobie

FM08 it was Nathan Jarman

FM09 I barely played.

FM10 is the year of Michael Jackson!

Anyone know what the rules are regarding loaning playes we cannot scout? As my player search screen is now full of unscoutable loan listed Croatians.

I would imagine that you cant sign them either.

Ughhh, just had an error come up about crash dumps, and then FM closed. Lost 4 games. Gits.

Anyone know what the rules are regarding loaning playes we cannot scout? As my player search screen is now full of unscoutable loan listed Croatians.

Solved that problem by trialing them all in, they were all happy to come on trial, but not on loan :(

It appears no one wants to join me on loan :(

To make matters worse my two new strikers have just got injured in the first friendly and will both be out for a month :(

Archived