dafuge's FM10 challenge

Starting to be held back by my stadium. Park Lane holds 4,308, and this season we're averaging at 94% capacity. The board say there's no room to enlarge the stadium, so clearly it'll have to be a new build. What are other people's experiences with getting a new stadium? More specifically how long does to take for the board to decide we need a new one?

To be honest I think we've gone as far as we can with the cash we can generate at our present capacity. We're only be kept afloat by the cup runs. My target each season, particularly with the FA Cup, is to get an away tie against a Premier League side, and until that point I sometimes have to almost sacrifice league games, making sure my team are fresh for the cup games so that we can get through to the next round. Thankfully that hasn't come back to bite us in the league yet, but I'm sure it will do at some point.

Both times i have tried this challenge the board would only build a new stadium when i had gotten into the premiership

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting to be held back by my stadium. Park Lane holds 4,308, and this season we're averaging at 94% capacity. The board say there's no room to enlarge the stadium, so clearly it'll have to be a new build. What are other people's experiences with getting a new stadium? More specifically how long does to take for the board to decide we need a new one?

Penydarren Park wasn't enlarged until we reached the Premier League, it having previously been stated that there was no room for expansion :rolleyes:

Was stuck on 14,250 there until about 2 seasons after completing the challenge where we moved to Kelly Park (named after me :D) which is now over 45,000 capacity after two further expansions.

Gonna give two of my Brazilian players debuts in a friednly against Finland. :cool: Also, looking to sell on my LB but finding one who'll come in on a reasonably similar price is hard as the clubs are demanding loads in transfer fees. Will need to get rid of him soon anyway as if he plays the first league game I have to pay upwards of 10m.

Finally decided I'd had enough of playing Mass Effect 2 so much so here's an update

Boston united season 10 2019/20

A good season all in all with the disappointment of losing in the playoff final.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstone's Paint Trophy With a 1st round bye we got through to the Semi Final

Transfers

Key Players

Tony Kane

Ben Browne One half of my fairly decent Central Midfield Partnership

Adam Barton The other half of the Centrl Midfield Partnership

Anthony Edgar Fairly decent left winger got for a bargain price

Nabil Sharifonce again a great striker for me

Aidan Campbell A decent partner for Sharif.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final

Other Winners

Premier League - Arsenal

FA Cup - Aston Villa

Carling Cup - Ipswich

Champions League - Inter

UEFA Cup - Palermo

European Championship - France

Aims for next season

Get promoted back to League 1

Rightio - 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th (?)) time's the charm.

Manager once again of Tiverton Town.

First three preseason games have gone really well with a 2-1 win over Tamworth, a 2-2 Draw with Forest Green and finally a 1-0 win over Newport Co. in a game where the goal was scored in the 92nd minute. The goal scorer was Glenn Gould who confounds me because there's hardly anything there that suggests to me that he's really got much going for him but he's a cracking player and in previous iterations of this challenge he's gone on to get player of the season etc. It's really really odd to me.

Penydarren Park wasn't enlarged until we reached the Premier League, it having previously been stated that there was no room for expansion :rolleyes:

I had the same with Penydarren Park, but had 2 expansions since being in the prem to take it up to 22500.

Merthyr Tydfil Premiership 2029/30

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 4th Rd

Euro Cup

After buying a few backups to strengthen the squad i felt confident i could get into europe through the league this year. After losing 5-1 to Arsenal in the community shield i recovered to win 2-1 against them in the first league game. I started well and was around the european places up till nov when the team self destructed and barely won again in the season, to leave me looking at the relegation places by mar. A few wins avoided this but it was overall a disappointing season. My reserves lost 1-0 to championship Southampton in the first match they played in the league cup and i went out 2-1 to Wolves in the FA cup.

In the Euro cup i had an easy group of Rubin, Charleroi and H Tel-Aviv where i won all my games. After easing past Standard in the first knockout rd i faced Roma in the 2nd rd. A 3-1 away win in the first leg was enough to see me through. Facing Monaco in the qtr-final i was 2-1 up on aggregate in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg before conceding an equaliser 15 minutes from time, i then conceded 2 90th minute goals to lose the tie.

Transfers

I sold Berti as i had quite a few goalies ahead of him, Cano (history) had also slipped down the playing order and was sold. Efe was not up to the standard required and Volpi (history) had been a long time servant but was no longer up to the task. I also sold Volpe on, as although a world class keeper he was on high wages and particually injury prone, i also had 2 younger keepers not far behind.

My buys were mostly backups, although Noguiera is first choice left midfield and a wonderkid. Marcelo was a record purchase to improve the defence in jan.

Squad

My main keeper Bonetti was injured for 9 months in jan leaving Hadland as my only keeper although he improved as the season came to a finish.

Marcelo did well in defence with Castillo who was a threat from corners.

Hagelstein and Carreras did well at fullback, the veteran Rivera did well when called on.

New bosman signing Bianchini was great in midfield, alongside Hernandez by the end of the year as Anastasiadis wanted to leave and his form dropped as a result.

Noguiera was slightly disappointing in his first season in left midfield but Aslan on the right seems to improve every year with more goals this year.

Up front Abraham and Sergio were the main threats with De La Fuente also chipping in.

Star Player - not rated my best striker but keeps scoring more with better performances then the others, he also missed 2 months through injury

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None

I had the same with Penydarren Park, but had 2 expansions since being in the prem to take it up to 22500.

Must be random then as I was limited to 14,250 there. Dunno how I survived, I'm only barely turning a profit now having an average attendance of nearly 40,000 for this season. Which is, incidentally, nearly finished so I should have an update tonight :)

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2037/38

It was a disappointing season last year as despite retaining the Premier League, we got dumped out of every other major competition. This season we needed an improvement.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was actually more convincing than it looked as we won the title with games to spare and chose to give the kids a run out.

Community Shield - it was a thrilling match which we won thanks to taking our chances.

FA Cup - embarrassing, although at least it was Oxford.

Carling Cup - another cup upset in a match we really should have own.

UEFA Champions League - a nice easy group stage was followed by a good run to the final with only Juventus giving us much trouble. When I saw we were facing Anderlecht, I started to think about how many we were going to put past them. I wasn't expecting it to be this close.

Transfers - I had to break my own rules on signing players just to make sure we had another right back at the club after Adie Robinson insisted on moving. I decided to cash in on Joaquin Santos to make sure George Fry was an automatic first teamer.

Squad - the gulf in class between the players I've signed and the youth players is a little worrying, as is the fact that Ramm and Shutt are past their peak.

Key Player Profiles:

Emilio Sacchi - another good season but not outstanding, if a big offer comes in I would consider selling him.

Jon Punal - this is the reason I'm considering selling Sacchi.

Steve Shutt - club captain and legend, promoted through our youth team he has made 488 appearances for the club and 95 for England.

Paul Ramm - just like Shutt, another legend of the youth system. 550 club appearances and 94 for England. I would love it if these two both reached 100 caps.

George Fry - the new generation, and probably the best youth player I've had since the two above.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners

Next Season

I think I'll spend the whole of next season wondering why they haven't built a new stadium yet. Oh, and hopefully I'll do better in the domestic cups.

The World Cup with Nigeria is up next.

The Oxford United Story

The cup run was short lived as they got a tough draw in the next round. The league was a disaster as they missed out on the playoffs. Is this the end of their run with the big boys?

Okay, after a failed attempt, I started again as Cambridge Citeh in an attempt similair to my Manchester counterparts and a bid to make City bigger than utd!!

The season was a bit hit and miss, to be honest, and it wasn't helped by things like this.

I was knocked out of the FA Cup in the second qualifying round, so the board wasn't happy and they were even less so when I was knocked out of the FA Vase in my first match too.

Throughout the season, I couldn't decide on my best striker pairing and so somehow stumbled on a 4-3-3 formation and things got better, I even flirted with a play off place!!

So after a media prediction of 22nd, I was pleased to eventually finish 9th

I've started my second season now and with my 4-3-3 formation and the advice of MikaelS (:)) I'm sitting 3rd in the league and I've actually won a cup match (yay!!) and I've a good chance of making the 4th qualifying round after being drawn at home to Barton Rovers.

I was miffed when I couldn't sign Sam Corcarran again on loan from Colchester after having him the previous season....... the little so and so refused to come back to Cambridge Citeh even though I was one of his favoured personel and Citeh are one of his favoured clubs.

I have managed to get Ramone Rose from QPR on loan for the season and he's quality...... he's valued at £400k and is doing the biz!!

So, fingers crossed and onwards and upwards (??!!)

Incidentally, how do you guys play in windowed mode?? I'd like to know so I can post more screeshots in my update (I'm half reluctant to try many things for the fear of a dreaded crash dump!!)

Incidentally, how do you guys play in windowed mode?? I'd like to know so I can post more screeshots in my update (I'm half reluctant to try many things for the fear of a dreaded crash dump!!)

Preferences - display and sound - display mode

That should have windowed listed as an option.

Great update dafuge, Fry looks like a good prospect, especially if his heading and tackling rise a little more. Passing of 16 is also a very nice asset if you fancy playing it out from the back. Wish I had some more prospects like him, only youth teamers doing anything of note for me at the moment is my first choice MCd (who is easily the most successful youth prospect thus far, being a regular for England) and second and third choice AMLs. In the last two years I've had yet another AML who wasn't much better than the other two, and nothing else.

PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! League 2 here we come.

Haven't got time for the usual flashy update so I'll just give a few links:

Table: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9662/bluesquarepremier.png

Squad: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6169/trurocity4.png

Transfers: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3999/trurocity3.png

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      13th       None
2015/16   Blue Square Premier      5th        Playoff Winners

Got a quick question. What site do you guys use to upload files? I have used imageshack but everything seems to be so hectic and unorganized there and I was wondering if there are any others people have used with better organizing procedures and success?

Bugger.

Looks like I'm going to lose Manuel Diaz, who's my best striker by a mile (Assman reckons he'd be a leading star for most Coca-Cola Championship sides). Millwall offered 450k for him and though I need the money, the chairman stepped in and said it was too good to refuse.

Clueless sod doesn't realise we're 3 points from the top and you get over a million just for turning up in the Championship. Ugh.

EDIT: He rejected their contract. :D

Kings Lynn - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2014/15

Well i havent posted any updates for a while and thats due to trying to get through a few seasons, so i will post a few updates in succesion as i now have the time to put them together.

League 1 always threatened to be a difficult league to get out off and yet again for the 4th season running we were predicted to finish dead last in 24th place, and due to my policy change and using Loan players in the previous season this meant we had a paper thin squad at the outset that was not up to the required standard.

A few Loan signings and scouring the free transfer market filled out the squad and having compared us to the rest of the division i was sure that we should be well capable of safety and maybe a mid table to top half finish.

We started well and had ourselves in the play off places after the first 10 games, a combination of a good start and sky high morale because of it pushed the team on and they never dropped below 7th, We ended the season in 5th place with a Play Off berth achieved.

It was a fantastic achievement just to make the play offs in our first season and i was sure that the performances would carry through.

W played Leyton Orient in the Semi Finals and managed to squeeze thorugh 4-3 on aggregate, it was a huge tussle and we did well to come through it.

In the final we were up against Millwall, it was a poor game, scrappy and little football was played, it was 1-1 after 90 mins and still 1-1 after extra time, the lottery of penaltys followed and i couldnt watch, thankfully the boys held their nerve and secured a 5-4 shoot out victory.

Promotion achieved and the Championship beckons

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      5th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2       18th     
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       2nd              Promotion  
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 1       5th              Play off Winners, Promotion

Next Season

Stay up and improve the quality of the squad, i need to start looking for some good youngsters with potential to supplement thefirst team as i think i need to attract them early as our rep still seems quite low. The board have yet to make any transfer funds available so we have achieved promotion to the championship with out a penny spent on transfer fees, also i fear the stadium is going to hold us back but the money is just not there to do anything about.

Kings Lynn - Coca-Cola Championship - 2015/16

Moving into the Championship was a daunting prospect for a few reasons, We still had no funds for transfers fees and so we were still relying on free transfers and loans, we had a tiny wage budget compared to the rest of the division and so we struggled to attract the calibre of player that was going to be required.

Again we were predicted to finish dead last in 24th place, thats 5 Seasons running now, I am sure we are not that bad!!!!!

We started the season reasonably well and got a few wins under our belt early, this had us up in nose bleed territory of the play off places, but to say the team was playing well would not be overly truthful, we were pretty lucky in a number of games and snatched wins when we should have been beaten out of sight, as the season progressed our good/Lucky start proved to be invaluable as we slumped down the league table gradually sliding further towards the relegtion zone.

Just when it looked like we were going to be dragged into the relegation dog fight in the last few weeks of the season we managed to put a small undefeated run together that pulled us clear and assured safety.

From a results and performance persepctive this was a horrible season, but we stayed up and i am delighted with that, now its time to consolodate before pushing for the promised land of the Premiership.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

Career Overview

2011/12    Blue Square Premier      5th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 1       5th              Play off Winners, Promotion
2015/16    Coca-Cola Championship   13th

Next Season

Improve the squad and consolidate, we need some funds and an improved stadium but there is no chance of that as we are barely breaking even, so it is going to be loans and frees again i fear

Bugger.

Looks like I'm going to lose Manuel Diaz, who's my best striker by a mile (Assman reckons he'd be a leading star for most Coca-Cola Championship sides). Millwall offered 450k for him and though I need the money, the chairman stepped in and said it was too good to refuse.

Clueless sod doesn't realise we're 3 points from the top and you get over a million just for turning up in the Championship. Ugh.

EDIT: He rejected their contract. :D

don't know whether you already do this, but i have found if you put a ridiculous min transfer asking price it scares clubs off from making bids in the first place.

your player must be worth 5 million, you have to keep track of the price on the player and adjust it up accordingly :D

Halfway through my first season in the Championship and, despite my pessimism before the season started, we're not rock bottom and headed for a return to League 1. We're currently 18th, 8 points clear of the drop zone. We are struggling on the goals front, my top scorer is my big Greek centre back (7 in the league, 9 overall) but we're doing massively better in the League Cup as we've got a semi final against Tottenham to look forward to, having beaten West Ham on our own turf in the quarters.

I use photobucket and their bulk uploader.

I use Imageshack and although it is very messy organized I really like their Quickshot which allows me to take a screenshot and upload it at the same time.

How do you take the screenshot before bulkuploading it?

Kings Lynn - Coca-Cola Championship - 2016/17

Yet again, we were predicted dead last, (Thats now 6 in a row), however after some decent moves in the transfer market i felt we had enough to sit around mid table, and a very outside bet at the play offs.

We got a decent if unspectacular start and hovered around 10th place for much of the season. We overachieved in many respects and managed to get ourselves a Play Off Spot with a good late run of results.

We faced Bolton in the Semi Final and manged to Scrape a 1-0 aggregate victory aftersurviving a battering in the 2nd leg to take us into the final.

Semi Final 1st Leg

Semi Final 2nd Leg

In the Final we cam up Fulham, it was open game and surprising for the fact that it was 0-0 at 90 mins, but we managed to nick a goal in extra time and we were there.

Final

The Richest Game in Sport and we have won it, Premiership here we come.

cocacolachampionship.th.png"]League Table[/url]

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

Career Overview

2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   6th              Play Off Winners, Promotion

Next Season

Promotion to the Premiership achieved, this will undoubtadly be the hardest season so far, the squad is way off the standard needed to survive and we will be aiming for just that, Survival. That is the only aim, but i am concerned that we are still at the Walks Stadium with only a 8100 capacity and only 1200 of that is seated, will have to see what the board do and how much i get to buy players and i dont think free transfers will cut it this time.

Things don't appear to be going great in the land of Farnborough at the moment. After 3 league games, the giants of Surrey sit in 20th place in BSS, after the following results:

2-5 Defeat to Chelmsford City (after being 2-0 up, a ridiculous sending off, my best defender and a shift in tactics meant we leaked goal after goal) I got a bollocking for reactions to the game

1-1 Draw with Basingstoke town (Controlled the game and let in a cheeky goal in 91st minute)

4-1 humilliating defeat to Woking (just played awful)

But there are signs of progress. Robert McCormick (signed for £8.. yes, EIGHT english pounds) is back from injury and Leon McKenzie looks to be having some good games. Defence and GK are an issue that need to be sorted asap. Signed a couple of great youngsters who look to be first-teamers already. Might have to bring in an experienced DM to keep them tight.

No screenshots as I'm at working doing this from memmory.

CMON THE BORO!

Kings Lynn - Barclays Premier League - 2017/18

Well this update will bring us bang upto date with my last completed season,

And it was no surprise that yet again, we were predicted dead last, (Thats now 7 in a row, although this time i totally agree its justified),

At he start of the seson it was announced that the Walks Stadium did not comply with the Premier League requirements and therefore would have to be upgraded, this upgrade was to be a 2 year timescale and during this time we would be ground sharing with Norwich City at Carrow Road, well pleased with this as we may now be able to get some decent gates and get back out of the red. Although may be an issue when we return as it is only getting fully seated and a small increae upto about 12000, so nowhere near big enough (especially as we had a few 20000 gates at Carrow Road this season)

Was given my first transfer budget to play with and as proud as i was at getting us this far on free transfers and loans it made a big difference to not just have to look at players other clubs did not want.

As pleased as i was with my purchases, we were a poor team in a top league, it was never going to be anything other than survival and damage limitation at times.

To get an Idea of how our season went, just hink of Hull in their first season, only we didnt get as many points at the beginning, we got a few wins and a couple of draws on the back of the high morale promotion brought but once the league had settled down we plummeted, we often went on 4 or 5 game losing streaks and really struggled at this higher level,

Our survival was only decided on the final day, 2 from 3 were going down and luckily we were in pole position going into the game sat in 17th and 1 pt better off with a better goal difference, Blackburn and West Ham were the other 2 teams involved and but results went our way and even though we suffered a 2-0 defeat, neither of the others could take advantage.

So, Survival achieved, but only just, and to be honest we probably didnt deserve, but at least we get a chance to build again and hopefully survive with a little less drama

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

Career Overview

2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   6th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
2017/18    Barclays Premier League  17th

Next Season

Survive again, improve the squad and hope that some of my younger players improve. Next season will again be a struggle as we have neither the money or the reputation yet to attract the calibre of player that will see us establish ourselves, i hope that another season of survival will see the coffers filling and our rep increasing so we can start to progress again and not just tread water

Season 23 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

Club World Championship - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

Wow. Not only did we win every competition again for the second time in Merthyr history, but we went the whole season unbeaten in every competition. I've never achieved that before on any FM I've ever played (except when I was 10 years old playing CM2 and cheating merrily of course!).

Having said that, I've never got over 20 seasons into a game before, and I have to say the long term squad building capabilities of the AI isn't great. It's a lot better than it has been in the past, but virtually none of the top sides have a centre-back over 6 feet, and it makes it ridiculously easy to beat them by pumping ball after ball onto Maggio's magic head (even though he has Jumping 14, he dominates), and my centre halves absolutely clean up on set pieces. Xavier Garate (Jumping 15, Strength 15, Heading 19) scored 23 goals this season.

It just doesn't feel like it was hard enough to do. Oh well.

The Champions League was a cakewalk again, culminating in a 4-2 thrashing of Porto in the final that really should have entered double figures. Man Utd provided stiffer competition in the FA Cup Final, but they were dispatched as everyone before them had been to complete the historic season.

Maggio kept up his great scoring record, he's now on 140 goals for the club plus 3 for his country.

As you can probably tell, I'm starting to lose a bit of motivation for this save. Whilst going unbeaten was fantastic, and a great rush when we bagged the second in the FA Cup Final to confirm it, now I feel slightly empty, as what else can we do? Winning every single match is surely a bridge too far, and the academy is giving me a whole load of rubbish. Only competition I haven't won thus far is the World Cup, and with the players at my disposal for Italy it's surely only a matter of going through the motions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm very tempted to start a new save, but I want to see out Maggio's career if possible.

dafuge - what would you say to me adding another manager and bringing up another club that conforms to the original rules?

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, Club World Championship Winners[b]
2032/33   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - SnakeXe's International Career - Italy

World Cup Qualifying - 1st (Group 8)

Friendlies - Played 2, Won 2, Drawn 0, Lost 0

Just after the European Championships, Italy came in with the offer of their national job. As I had been considering entering Massimiliano Maggio for the Danny Roberts Challenge it was very tempting. Adding this to the fact that England would not be playing a competitive fixture for the next 2 years as they were the World Cup hosts, I decided to abandon my home and take on the challenge.

World Cup Qualifying is going well, in quite a simple group. Should be an easy run to the finals, and hopefully we can upset my countrymen when we get there ;)

Season    Nation                  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31   England                 None
2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners[b]
2032/33   Italy                   None[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Robert Hunter - Tonbridge Angels - Season 1 - BSS 2010-2011

The first times I did this challenge, it was after holidaying for a few seasons to get some rarer teams hopefully coming up. This time, I did it after the first season, and finally figured out what you guys were talking about getting the released Scottish players. What a difference those guys made. Had a good start and middle of the season, finally hit an injury patch and really limped down the stretch, but made it into the playoffs and with everyone back was able to attain promotion at the first attempt to the BSP. I almost felt like it was unfair signing all the Scottish players, but they won't take me past the BSP so I don't feel too bad, especially considering all the trouble I've had with viruses and a crashing hard drive and such.

League Table

Positions Graph

Season Stats

Starters:

Fairley

Murray Gallacher Harwood Hamilton

Jackson Miller Main Carpenter

McAusland McGeouch

Subs:

Asaba Bryant Crockford

POY

Hopefully next year I will be able to stay up and establish myself a little bit in the BSP.

Hastings United - 2016/2017 - Coca-Cola League 1

Coming into the season, we didn't make too many adjustments to the starting lineup from last season. Manuel Diaz (who is too good for these leagues to be honest) spearheaded the attack and the midfield was bolstered a bit, but beyond that there wasn't much scope for improvement.

---

Season Summary - 2nd

Very much a season of two halves. I was a bit conservative to begin the season as I wanted to see the quality of the other sides before getting my neck chopped off so we had a lot of draws, and when we came out of our shell we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. However, we found Manuel Diaz a good strike partner in Sweden U21s poacher Kjell Haglund and we went on a massive unbeaten streak to launch us right up the table. Promotion was achieved on the last day at Cheltenham with a solid 2-0 win.

Final Table

League Positions - Graph

League Cup - 1st Round

Lost to Charlton 2-1 in the first round, which just shows how we improved during the season.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd Round

Beat Northampton 1-0 in the 1st Round, before losing to Leyton Orient 2-2 on penalties away. Again, it shows how much we improved given Leyton Orient finished 15th in the league in the end.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Dominant wins against Aveley and Stockport in Rounds One and Two brought us to Championship Swansea in the Third Round. Hopefully our 3-1 defeat isn't a sign of things to come.

----

Squad - Again, satisfactory all around with a couple of key difference makers.

Finances - Welcome back board handouts.

----

Key Players

Adam Hunter - Best season yet in terms of average ratings, but is rated 3 stars so I have to wonder if he's capable of Championship football. Still an amazing progression from BSS level.

Kjell Haglund - A freebie from Malmo in January, he was a natural for our system and played in the poacher role to devastating effect. I have no doubt that our second half dominance of League One was very much down to his ability in front of goal.

Rafik Boujedra - Rated as only "a good player for League Two" I wanted to drop him, but 15 assists and 10 goals from the AMC position don't lie. Like Haglund, just a natural fit for the system I guess.

---

Incidentally, I've become a legend at the club :D Adam Hunter is an icon too.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4710480&postcount=5113]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735716&postcount=5284]2012/13[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4741463&postcount=5324]2013/14[/url]   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4756689&postcount=5400]2014/15[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Playoffs (Semi-final defeat)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4772897&postcount=5474]2015/16[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4830742&postcount=5586]2016/17[/url]   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)

Next Season

I'm worried about next season. No doubt the gap between League One and Two isn't as big as I feared but the 3 relegated teams from the Championship the season before were the only ones to trouble me this year and they would have wrapped up all three promotion spots if it wasn't for me. Hardest season yet I suspect.

Welcome aboard, TPF :)

I'm bloody sick of playing Aston Villa in the FA Cup. The away draw against a Premier League side is nice for the finances but we faced them in two of the last three years (now three of the last four).

Looks like Waweru will have to be sold. Gave him a big fat contract at the start of the season but he's still attracting interest and Stoke have just made a bid of £1.2M (twice his listed value). The board haven't stepped in, but I've no choice other than to accept it :(

Waweru, I've seen his name mentioned a few times. I'm going to have to do a catch up tonight. Long night again and still on holiday at the moment!

Just checked Waweru out, looks some player he does! As for facing Aston Villa, that is harsh, being constantly drawn against one of the world's finest sides :D

Also, Carling Cup semi final, Two wins away from Europe ;)

Waweru is one of those players who may not look great when you just glance at his stats for the season (27 games, 4 goals) but the whole team play better with him in the side. He probably should be doing better, but to be honest my entire strikeforce has been struggling this season; it's goals from midfield and my Greek centre back that have been keeping us away from the relegation zone.

And if we were to get past Tottenham in the League Cup, guess who is 1-0 up from the first leg of the other semi final.

Waweru is one of those players who may not look great when you just glance at his stats for the season (27 games, 4 goals) but the whole team play better with him in the side. He probably should be doing better, but to be honest my entire strikeforce has been struggling this season; it's goals from midfield and my Greek centre back that have been keeping us away from the relegation zone.

And if we were to get past Tottenham in the League Cup, guess who is 1-0 up from the first leg of the other semi final.

Emile Heskey esque :D

Is it the greatest team in England by any chance? :cool:

Good luck minisav!

Emile Heskey esque :D

Is it the greatest team in England by any chance? :cool:

I would say, 'No, it's Villa', but that's just way too easy.

Villa, by the way, now managed by Henning Berg, have continued the O'Neill tradition of buying stupidly fast, small wingers and partnering Gabby Agbonlahor up front with a useless, but big lump of a striker (currently a 20 year old Dutch regen). And they have won the League Cup 3 out of the last 5 years.

I would say, 'No, it's Villa', but that's just way too easy.

Villa, by the way, now managed by Henning Berg, have continued the O'Neill tradition of buying stupidly fast, small wingers and partnering Gabby Agbonlahor up front with a useless, but big lump of a striker (currently a 20 year old Dutch regen). And they have won the League Cup 3 out of the last 5 years.

Buha, Beautiful. I'd take 3 league cups in 5 years! Agbonlahor is still around? How old's he? 30/31?

Anyway into June now! :p

GL Perfect FMer and minisav!

Pretty amazing cup run Terk, how are you doing in the Championship atm?

Cheers, I've been pretty successful in the cups so far, without actually having won one yet. Looking back I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't pick up either the FA Trophy or the Johnstone's Paint Pot.

After 29 games in the Championship we're 15th on 37 points. We're 14 points clear of Cardiff in 22nd, and we've been bouncing around between 14th and 18th for most of the season so far. Pretty confident that we'll stay up now, it would take a pretty big collapse to see us drop far enough to go into the bottom three.

I use Imageshack and although it is very messy organized I really like their Quickshot which allows me to take a screenshot and upload it at the same time.

How do you take the screenshot before bulkuploading it?

I use Fraps. Works well with fullscreen games.

Archived