FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cardiovascular - i have no idea to be honest - can't say i pay much attention to my own profile and ratings...

PRDH - good season there though the European form still seems to avade you. any ideas why? Any plans to improve this. Reda Khellaf looks like a great prospect and could definately be the hier to the throne so to speak.

good luck next season.

i would've guessed things like taking your own team talks would affect hands-on approach...in team settings u can set the assistant to arrange friendlies, take team talks etc etc so doing that kinda stuff yourself i would guess would help the rating...bar that i have no idea

rlipscombe - I honestly have no idea why my European performance are so poor. I can pull off some great one-off performances - I've beaten Barcelona 4-2 in the Nou Camp before. But then I go and lose to Partizan it's very strange.

I'm excited by Khellaf - I can't believe he was transfer-listed at Liverpool - what were they thinking?

Not been a good start to the new season - lost the Champions Trophy to Lyon.

I've added more screenshots to the update too.

Venezia's season is drawing to a close now with 7 games to go and i should have it done in the next couple of days.... suffice to say we're doing much better than last time, but we're not out of the relegation picture just yet......

Some European progress this season. I have qualified from my Champions League group. Excellent! Not convinced I'll go much further without a very friendly draw though. Oh well. On my day I can take anyone. Hopefully I'll have one of those days!

[edit] - Been drawn against Galatasaray in the next round. I think that's actually one of the draws I have a hope with. I expect to beat Turkish sides. Especially as most of the young Turkish talent has passed through my club at some stage in the last 5 seasons!

We got what I wanted. The title was ours with a game to spare. A truly great season - our steady improvements were all for this. Once we grabbed top spot, we never let go and although we looked like we may slip up late on, other results favoured us. In my opinion, I was deservedly named Manager of the Year. Bring on the Scottish Second Division!

Cups: Challenge Cup | League Cup | Scottish Cup

The Challenge Cup saw us scrape through then beaten by a better team, likewise the League Cup, except without the scraping through part, we were overpowered completely by Livi. The Scottish Cup was the biggest disappointment this year, we were struggling against St Cuthbert but we did get through, unfortunately Cowdenbeath were better than us although we should have progressed.

Annan Athletic Squad Stats | Transfers

Key Players

Mark Smith - Mark was absolutely brilliant this year, the new boy settled in quickly enough to become our best player at the back. 5 MoM awards tells alot about his achievements this season; he also picked up Fans Player of the Year so he is a hit with them clearly.

Adam Waite - Another great buy. Despite having a difficult season with injuries, he chipped in with goals and assists from the AML spot and generally had a great season - he was named runner up in signing of the season.

Tom Cruise - As far as footballing came for us, he was as good as his namesake is in acting. Recovered from an average season last year to a have a great one this year.

Steve Maclean - Had his good games, had his bad games, had his great games and had his terrible games. Top scorer though and there isn't much you can ask for other than from a lone striker, can you?

Career Summary

|Season  | League | Finish |    Achievements   |
|----------------------------------------------|
|2010/11 |  SD3   |  5th   |       None        |
|2011/12 |  SD3   |  2nd   |  Lost in playoffs |
|2012/13 |  SD3   |  3rd   |  Lost in playoffs |
|2013/14 |  SD3   |  1st   |     Champions!    |

Welcome to live coverage of the First Knockout Round First Leg between SO Romorantin and Galatasaray. We're coming to you from SO Romorantin Stadium where a full house is expected for this tie.

Romorantin have practically no European history to speak of. Having only got to this stage in the competition once before where they lost to Atletico Madrid 3-0 on aggregate. They'll be hoping for better this time, that's for sure. And with the first leg at home, they'll be looking for a strong result here.

Kick-off

7 mins - GOAL!! Galatasaray take the lead. And that's the start they must have dreamed of. They get an early away goal. And it's going to be a struggle now for Romorantin. 0-1

Half-time

-Romorantin need to pull something out of the bag here, and it seems they've taken club legend Kresic off at half-time, replacing him with the Russian youngster - Safin. A big gamble. Will it pay off. Well, we'll soon find out as the second half kicks off...

Second Half

46 mins - Mosquera is played through on goal by Boateng. He controls it. Steadies himself. Shoots. Beats the keeper, but it comes crashing back off the post and away to safety.

49 mins - Another chance. Good work from Boateng down the left, as he brings it onto his right foot and plays it to left back Danilo who's on the edge of the box. He hits it first time, and the goalkeeper gets across to make a great save and beat it away. The rebound falls to Mosquera though. He takes a touch. And fires it home. That makes up for his earlier miss. And Romorantin are back in this game. 1-0

54 mins - Romorantin look a different team this half. And they have another chance as Mosquera plays a through ball for Safin to run onto. He's one-on-one with the 'keeper, but the goalie does well and saves.

62 mins - Boateng again causes chaos down the left side. He's eventually tackled but the ball runs to Danilo who swings in a cross towards the far post, where Mosquera is arriving at pace. And he lashes home a volley. Romorantin take the lead!! 2-1

71 mins - A second substitution as Jin replaces Chatzis on the left wing for Romorantin.

89 mins - Two substitutes combine for Romrantin's third. Jin gets down the left wing to whip an inviting ball into the six-yard box where Safin rises highest to nod home. 3-1

90 mins - You'd be forgiven for thinking that might be enough for Romorantin but they seem determined to make up for the poor start as they attack again. This time Boateng picks up the ball in the middle. Beats one man, and then squares to Safin. Safin brings the ball forward, and then puts it selflessly across goal for Boateng to slot low into an empty net. A great team goal. 4-1

90 mins - In the aftermath of the goal D'Angelo comes on to replace Pane. We imagine this will mean that young Raptis will move across to cover at right back with D'Angelo slotting into the middle of defence. Pane had been looking dead on his feet.

90 mins - Three minutes of time added on.

Full-time - A great turn around for Romorantin. The fans must have feared the worst when they went behind to an early goal. But a brace from Mosquera and one each from Safin and Boateng made it 4-1 and has left them in a strong position for their visit to Turkey. The Man of the Match, unsurprisingly, is Wilson Mosquera.

good result there PRDH. sure you can bring it home in the second leg...

Thanks rlipscombe. Got a month between the two games which leaves plenty of time for injuries and loss of form though. So fingers crossed.

[edit] - Back on the domestic front I just pulled off a huge result at Lyon. Before the game they were three points behind with a game in hand. I went into the game without three central defenders (Ropponen, The Boss and Jedidi all injured) so instead I had Raptis (19), D'Angelo (21) and Bilgin (21) in the squad. And they limited Lyon to one goal and then Jin snuck the win with a 93rd minute winner. Cracking game. Cracking result!

Wow. Real fixture pile up now. The squad is getting pretty bare, and I'm now off to Glasgow to face Celtic in the first leg.

Kick-off

Half-time - a drab first half means we come in level at 0-0 at the break. Romorantin won't be too disappointed at this scoreline so far. But they would like an away goal.

Second Half

73 mins - Chatzis swings a cross into the middle of the area from the left. Safin rises highest and scores with a looping header into the far corner. And that's an away goal for Romorantin. 0-1

76 mins - All hell breaks loose. Safin plays a lovely ball behind the defence for Mosquera to run onto. He cuts inside, and squares it to Traverso who is breaking from midfield. He takes a touch and slams it high into the net. Romorantin are thrilled. 0-2

80 mins - This game gets better for Romorantin. Kostopoulos lofts a pass over the Celtic defence. Ugur Nergiz latches onto it, and again powers it home. 0-3

Full Time - A crazy 10 minutes for Romorantin has left them firm favourites taking three unanswered away goals back with to France. A great day for them a good team performance epitomised by man of the match Nikos Chatzis. Romorantin should be firm favourites to get through this round now.

Yeah, hopefully. Now straight into the next game - the final of the Coupe de la Ligue. Kresic misses the game and we have seven players away on international duty. Tough!

[edit1] - Struggled through that game, into the French Cup Quarter Final and we have 14 (fourteen) players away on international duty. This should not be allowed, I don't have a right-winger! This will be very tough!

[edit2] - Well. Wow! A great performance from the weakened side, produced a 4-0 victory in the French Cup Quarter-final. Hopefully the players will be back in time for the next game!

[edit3] - Second leg against Celtic. 3-0 up after the first. Should be a win I'd have thought.

[edit4] - A 1-1 draw means we're into the Semi-final.

[edit5] - In the semi-final we will face Porto - Again, I think I've been lucky. As in the other tie Barcelona play Man Utd.

[edit6] - An astonishing performance from Romorantin 'keeper Korkmaz saw them survive 14 shots on goal in relation to there own 4 to win 1-0 in the first (home) leg of the Champions League!

[edit7] - Another great performance from the goalkeeper meant that we held on for a 0-0 draw in Portugal. And Romorantin are in the Champions League Final, where we will face the mighty Barcelona. And it's a first chance to complete the challenge.

[edit8] - An astonishing statistic here that has just appeared as the final with Barcelona is confirmed. We've played them twice, and haven't lost. Back in 2022 we faced them in the group stages and drew 1-1 at home before going to Spain and claiming a 3-2 win in the Nou Camp. Encouragement? Not really no!

Right separate post time. We're here for the final of the Champions League with Barcelona taking on Romorantin.

Kick-off

33 mins - GOAL!! for Barcelona. Oh dear!

Half-time - Well, we're one nil down, but we have at least been in the game, and the scoreline isn't embarrassing. Which is part of what I'm looking to do here! 1-0

Second Half

52 mins - Mosquera throw in from the right. Into the box. Safin is beaten to the ball. But the clearance falls to Mosquera again. He swings the ball in first time. Khellaf rises, and scores. The defender should have dealt with that. But I'm not complaining. We're back in this match. Slightly against the run of play. But I'm not worried. 1-1

71 mins PENALTY to Romorantin. Another throw from Mosquera into the box, this time Jin is hauled down and the referee points to the spot.

72 mins - It's Mosquera who steps up to take it. And it's IN!! He smashes it low to the 'keeper's right. Romorantin are ahead! 1-2

75 mins - Well that lead lasted an ominously short amount of time! Denilson (who you may recall spent a season on loan at Romorantin in his youth) scores a belter from 30 yards out. That's unstoppable. And it's 2-2

76 mins - Double substitution from Romorantin. Safin and Traverso come off to be replaced by Kresic and Reyes.

Full-time - Frankly Romorantin have done well to get this far. But they now have to play an extra 30 minutes to decide a winner.

First Half of Extra Time

104 mins - There's a freekick to Romorantin. 40+ yards out. Raptis steps up behind it. And he's going to shoot. Should we be wasting possession like this? Yes! YES WE SHOULD! An incredible strike. Struck with real venom into the top right hand corner of the goal. No one would save that! No one! And that's Romorantin in the lead again! 3-2 Just 15 minutes to hold out for the win.

Half time of Extra Time - Well surely no one could have expected that. The crowd went wild as, just before half time, the defender slammed that free-kick home. And Romorantin are just 15 minutes away from completing the fairytale!

Second Half of Extra Time

111 mins - The substitute Reyes picks up a second yellow card and he's sent off. Desperate re-jigging sees Kresic drop back into midfield for the remainder as Romorantin set about clinging on for the last 10 minutes with 10 men.

115 mins - Parvu plays the ball into Khellaf's feet on the edge of the box. He shoots, but the shot is charged down, it falls to Mosquera who lays it back to Khellaf who has another go. And it has absolutely flown past the Barcelona 'keeper. That must be it. 4-2 5 minutes to go. Surely the trophy is theirs?

Full time - It is! Rank outsiders SO Romorantin have come from behind to claim a 4-2 victory after being reduced to 10 men in extra-time. A heroic performance. One that will go down in history! Man of the Match, with two goals is unsurprisingly Khellaf. What a team performance. What a game!

CHALLENGE COMPLETED!! - Update will follow tomorrow sometime!

LOGOFORSMALLCLUBetc.jpg

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2032-33, Ligue 1

League Position - 9th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Following on from our 10th place finish last season I was hoping we could repeat a mid-table kind of finish. Our finances have been gradually getting better each season giving me an increasing wage and transfer budget, this season I had around 5M to spend along with whatever I made through selling players. I didn't spend all of what I made though, preferring to keep it for next season. The big money signing I made was 6M for Argentina midfielder Gonzalo Rizzi from Salzburg. He's looking like a real quality player for this division and it's almost surprising that I've managed to not waste money on a player costing more than 5M. I brought in a few players in on loan, the bigger clubs all being tight bastards and charging me a loan fee wasn't nice. Other notable transfers included Jose Luis being sold to Leverkusen for a good price, he was good but not irreplaceable even with someone slightly less talented than him. Bright prospects Frank Nok and Anthony Rouault went out on loan to FC Guegnon and Espanyol respectively. Nok played in around 10 games for Ligue 1 side Guegnon, which will have given him some experience, not as much as I would have liked though. Rouault meanwhile picked up around 30 games for Liga BBVA side Espanyol, which will is brilliant and the improvements in him is significant enough for him to become part of the first team now.

The First XI

GK: Maxim Gavrilov, 26, Ukraine - He's decent, I could get better in but it would cost too much.

DR: Alberto Nocera, 26, Italy - He was Jose Luis' replacement, he looks just as good if not better.

DL: Marlon Dahm, 22, Belgium - He's fairly good but still hasn't reached his full potential, although he is only 22 to be fair to him.

DC: Lucas, 22, Brazil - He was good but Stade Malherbe came calling with a decent price and he wished to leave, so I sold him. I hope I can bring in a good replacement for him.

DC: Vladimir Stokic, 30, Bosnia & Herz. - He's alright as a rotational backup player but I wouldn't want to play him this much next season, hoping I can get someone better in.

MR: Jerome Hebert, 31, France - He's still good enough to be playing in the first team on a consistent basis, although I reckon he only has one or two 30 game seasons left in him.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 28, Scotland - Another fans player of the year quality performance from the Scot, he also made the Ligue 1 team of the year.

MC: Gonzalo Rizzi, 24, Argentina - The 6M new signing didn't have an amazing start to his career at the club, but he has the ability to do so. I'm hoping that he continues to play as well if not better than he did this year.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 36, France - Despite getting slower Causse still has some ability left in him which made him a good option to partner with Rizzi. I can't see him keeping his place next year and starting 30 games again though.

ST: Donovan Leferink, 28, Holland - He had an okay season but OM came calling and he wanted to go. He didn't show me the loyalty that I've shown him but he would never perform for me anyway, I fully expect him to score 20+ goals for them next year.

ST: Brice Gosset, 23, France - He had another decent goal scoring season.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Stephen Sharp

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Lucas

-

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None
2026/27  Ligue 1     6th       French Cup winners
2027/28  Ligue 1     12th      Champions Trophy winners
2028/29  Ligue 1     11th      None
2029/30  Ligue 1     17th      None
2030/31  Ligue 1     16th      None
2031/32  Ligue 1     10th      None
2032/33  Ligue 1     9th       None

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size][/b]

Ligue 2          (x2) - 2020/21 & 2022/23
French Cup       (x1) - 2026/27
Champions Trophy (x1) - 2027/28

[b][size=3][u]Unofficial Club Hall of Fame/Alumni:[/u][/size][/b]

Legends            - Joel Kouassi, Sergio Marbus 
Icons              - Paul Hart, Matthieu Causse, Jérôme Hebert, Razvan Ionica 
Favoured Personnel - Alexandru Musca, Vivaldy Joaquim, Stephen Sharp, 

brand.gif

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2026/27 Season - Ligue 1**

Transfers

The pre-season transfer market was pretty quiet for Romorantin. After last season I was confident I could compete again with largely the same team in France, and didn't really know how to strengthen for Europe. There was only one transfer in involving a fee. That of Anselmo, a young Brazilian striker - the deal had been struck some time ago.

Otherwise, a couple of players came in on frees for the reserves with me looking to sell them on for a profit.

The only transfer for the first team was the return of Richard Eros. He left 5 years ago or so, for £13M+ but returned on a free. He would be good competition for Parvu.

In January we strengthened slightly, but all of the signings were for the future predominantly.

League

A disappointing start to the season made me wonder whether I'd made the right decision neglecting to invest. We lost the Champions Trophy to Lyon and also a couple of our first three games. Fortunately we hit form again and rose up the table. We had another blip and dropped a few places, but regained focus and powered home from the midway stage to retain the title - our fifth overall.

Cups

We performed pretty well in both cups which actually caused some problems as the squad became incredibly stretched in the last third of the season. This was not helped by some unkind international call-ups leaving us with three first team players for a quarter-final. Eventually we lost in the French Cup Semi-final to PSG but won the Coupe de la Ligue. Interestingly PSG went on to lose to Ligue 2 side Pacy Football in the final - a real cup moment.

Europe

Well, you all know the result of my European run. A combination of lucky draws and some really great performances meant we got to the final, and won. Particular note here goes to Korkmaz the goalkeeper who was man of the match in both legs of the semi-final and managed to deny Barcelona any more than the two goals they got. We got through our group, finishing in second behind HSV, knocking Liverpool and Olympiakos out at that stage. We then beat Galatasaray 6-4 on aggregate to get to the Quarter-final where we beat Celtic 4-1 overall thanks to a great 3-0 victory in Glasgow. We face Porto in the semi-final snatching a 1-0 victory at home and then clinging on to a 0-0 draw in Portugal. It was then that we faced Barcelona, coming out eventual 4-2 victors after extra-time.

Where I've been as part of my European Adventures

Attempt 1 - Hungary, Serbia, Austria, England, Russia, Italy

Attempt 2 - Moldova, Montenegro, Slovakia, Belgium, Turkey, Croatia, Italy, Spain

Attempt 3 - Serbia, Italy, Germany, Spain

Attempt 4 - Greece, Spain, England, Germany

Attempt 5 - Portugal, Sweden, Belgium, Italy, Belgium

Attempt 6 - Spain, Belgium, Germany, Germany, Italy, England

Attempt 7 - Germany, Greece, England, Turkey, Scotland, Portugal and then we beat a Spanish team in Portugal.

Players

The same system stands - I will put the first choice player in each position in bold, and will italicise the players I think most important or interesting. So here goes:

Goalkeepers

Ibrehima Kone - Once again was Korkmaz's able deputy. Played a few cup games, did not embarrass himself.

Gokhan Korkmaz - Almost single-handedly won us the Champions League another great season, he'll leave soon, as he's not signing a new contract, and I can't afford to not get money for this type of player.

Defence

Vangelis Kostopoulos - I'm not convinced he's really good enough, but did a decent job for us. Wasn't trusted with the Champions League final, but then nor was Pane!

Dimitris Raptis - Rapidly becoming one of the world's best defenders despite only being 19. He was tasked with playing right back in the final, and did it brilliantly.

Anis Fekih - His injury proneness continues. He can not get a decent run of games going, and so is stalling somewhat. He's still a good defender.

Henk 'The Boss' Bosschaart - Another strong season for the commanding defender. Part of a formidable quartet of central defenders.

Nestor D'Angelo - The fifth best centre-half at the club, but given the quality of the other four, there is no shame in that! Due to injuries he played enough games to get a winner's medal

Savas Bilgin - Will really struggle to breakthrough the five ahead of him in line, so I may look to offload him, despite him being a good young defender.

Abderraouf Jedidi - Another quality defender at the club. It feels he ought to be much older than he is, as he's been around the squad for a while, but is turning into a very classy centre back.

Mikko Ropponen - The fourth of the much heralded group. I honestly believe they are four of the best in the world, and to have them all at one club and happy is great.

Pietro Pane - I'm not convinced by this right back either. He can do a job, but will he take us to the next level - that is the question.

Danilo - Another good season from the youngster. He's pretty good, but I may look to bring someone more experienced than him to take the pressure off him.

Midfield

Wilson Mosquera - The winger just gets better and better. And that's quite some feat!

Dorel Parvu - Captain fantastic continued to command the centre of the park with his great all round skills. It's incredible to think he's 28. a real bargain at £475K when he was, I think, 18.

Richard Eros - Returned to the club, good competition, but was unhappy not to be an automatic pick. He's attracting interest and may be off again next season.

Josef Novak - Unfortunately Eros's return meant his breakthrough was halted. Fortunately for him Barcelona bid for him just after the final, and I accepted. It's a huge move for the youngster and I wish him well.

Alexandros Gesios - Back-up. Good back-up, and he's only young, but didn't have a huge impact on the season.

Yegor Safin - Couldn't quite live up to last season, but he's a real talent and he's signed a new contract keeping him around for some time.

Nikos Chatzis - A very good season saw him crowned Fans' Player of the Season, and it was well deserved. Something of an unsung hero, he didn't arrive for much money, but has been a great purchase.

Yunlong Jin - Rotated with Chatzis and never disappointed.

Francisco Reyes - The Honduran is playing fewer games as Traverso develops, but he is still another great player. This is, like centre back, a very strong position for us.

Fernando Traverso - Great player. That is all!

Attack

Marko Kresic - Well the legend keeps going! He's now won 16 medals with Romorantin, and his stats are holding up well. Should be at least one more season for him.

Emmanuel Boateng - Great breakthrough season for the Ghanaian finishing as top scorer. He just keeps improving too. And he's very young. He's an exciting prospect.

Reda Khellaf - Another to be plagued by injury, but came back in time to play a crucial role in the Champions League final, scoring two goals.

Ugur Nergiz - Fallen out of favour with the emergence of Boateng. May look to sell, depending on how he deals with being back up.

Salaheddine Zaboul - Another to suffer from Boateng's form, but still played occasionally and got some very important goals.

Awards

Internal

Top Scorer - Emmanuel Boateng (23)

Fans' Player of the Season - Nikos Chatzia

External

Loads!

Youth Watch\

Home-grown

Cedric Bilger - Didn't play much first-team football!

Non-home grown

I'll mention some at some point.

Aims For This Season Were

To improve my European form - a definite yes!

Aims For Next Season

- Win the Super Cup and World Club for completion's sake.

- Retain French crowns - not sure I'll be able to do Europe again!

Other News

So what else happened then. Well this:

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24

24/25

25/26

26/27

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression
2013/14			National			1st				Champions!
2014/15			Ligue 2			11th				Survived
2015/16			Ligue 2			1st				Champions!
2016/17			Ligue 1			18th				Relegated
2017/18			Ligue 2			1st				Champions! (Again)
2018/19			Ligue 1			6th				French Cup winners
2019/20			Ligue 1			6th				Consolidated
2020/21			Ligue 1			1st				Champions, FC Winners
2021/22			Ligue 1			1st				Champions
2022/23			Ligue 1			3rd				FC + Coupe de la Ligue wins
2023/24			Ligue 1			1st				Quadruple
2024/25			Ligue 1			3rd				Trophyless
2025/26			Ligue 1			1st				Champions + C de la L win
2026/27			Ligue 1			1st				League, CdelaL, and CL wins
-----------------------------------------Challenge Completed-----------------------------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

French National - 2013/14

Ligue 2 - 2015/16, 2017/18

French Cup - 2019, 2021, 2023, 2024

Ligue 1 - 2020/21, 2021/22, 2023/24, 2025/26, 2026/27

French Champions Trophy - 2023, 2024

Coupe de la Ligue - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2027

European Champions League - 2026/27

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

2020/21

2025/26

The new season has started and Kresic has already managed to add two more medals to take him to a total of 18 (eighteen!). We've added another Champions Trophy win (we only needed to beat Pacy Football) and saw off AC Milan 1-0 with a goal courtest of the man himself (Marko Kresic) in the European Super Cup.

Now that the challenge is completed I can take over international jobs can't I? I hope Croatia offer me the job. I'll call Kresic up and give him the cap he so clearly deserves!

brand.gif

**Pre-Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2027/28 Season - Ligue 1**

Only three players in this pre-season.

First up is one for the future - Youssef Puydebois arrived from FC Lorient. He's only 16 but he looks to have the potential to go a long way in the game.

Next was back-up midfielder Nikos Sifakis from Austria Wien. He arrives as yet another Greek to join Romorantin. He's an excellent passer, and has a good all round game.

Last in was the the biggest name of spending, and also the most expensive. Omer Can Gonen arrived from Galatasaray. I wanted an experienced left back, and I now have one. He's a great player, hopefully he'll settle quickly and push us on to big things.

PS - sorry for the triple post!

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2013/2014 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 18th

Actual Position: 14th

Average Attendance: 16708

Season Ticket Holders: 3608

Overall the aim for the season was really to try and consolidate my position within the top division, and thankfully i was able to that. In part this was due to some BIG results, particularly against the teams round about the bottom of the table, but also due to 1 or 2 surprises against the bigger teams, none bigger than my 2-1 home win against Hamburg! best result of the season for me by far. The other notable wins were against Nurnberg, Hannover and Furth, scoring 21 goals in those 3 games alone.

The german cup was a non starter this season, and generally a disappointment after the exploits last year, only managing to make it to the 2nd round.

The board also announced a number of improvements to the clubs facilities, namely the stadium and the training facilities...good to see them investing some of the cash we've made over the last few years...

The more notable players for this season were...

GK

Marco Mura - despite conceding a whopping total of 73 goals in 35 games, hit an average rating of 7.09 and was generally in good form. still first choice

Def

Marco Castellani - an average of 6.87 over 36 appearances, easily 1st choice left back

Noah Gautheron - 1st choice right back, and attracting some interest from some of the top french sides, including Monaco

Marek Suchy - signed for 3 million from Steaua, was brought in to cover for the release of Gustavo and the phasing out of Sichone, not used too often this season but possible starter next season

Pedro Tur - young cb, again cover for cb positions

Milan Vilotic - signed for 4 million from Red Star, was a regular but yet to really settle. hopefully will improve this year in terms of average rating etc

Benjamin Weiner - the youth prodigy, who is continuing to improve gradually attribute wise. has now featured in 2 games for the Germany U-19's, and in his personal info tab under media comparison he is now "Touted as the next Jurgen Kohler"! fingers crossed he turns out half as good!

Mid

Ferhat Dag - one of the better performers this season, average of 7.04 over 34 games. will hopefully continue to improve over the coming season

Dusan Djuric - again one of the main creative influences in the team, an average of 7 from 36 games, with 12 assists. a good season.

Will Jenkins - again limited in chances, may be surplus this coming season

Mozart - another 6 goals from the midfield general this season, one of the more consistent performers, altho he is now starting to tire a bit quicker due to age i guess. may be time to start phasing him out :(

Timo Gebhart - signed on a free following his release by Stuttgart, and was one of the players of the season, playing on the right side of midfield

Att

Toto Tamuz - signed for 700k from B. Jerusalem, averaged 7.07 over 28 appearances, scoring 12 goals, and proving a decent foil for Piszczek

Odion Ighalo - having been frozen out earlier in the season due to going awol from training, circumstances dictated he was brought back into the squad, and he quickly showed he is capable of finding the net, contributing 13 goals in 21 appearances

Lukasz Piszczek - once again the main man, stepping up and improving on his best ever goals tally in a season, surprisingly since we were in a higher division.

Top Scorer: Lukasz Piszczek - 23 goals

Most Assists: Dusan Djuric & Toto Tamuz - 12 assists each

Highest Ave. Rating: Lukasz Piszczek - 7.23

Fans Player of The Year: Lukasz Piszczek

My hopes for the upcoming season are to pretty much try and build on the fact we were able to stay in the division, try and bring in a few players to give us more of a cutting edge and maybe try and establish the team as a real contender for at least a mid-table position.

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th

Really good first season in the top flight there G-Wiz - definitely something to build on for next season. Those three results are incredible! Three 7 goal matches in a season - Amazing!

Chieti

After going on holiday for a year I decided to manage Chieti as Italian Keith

Caruana.

League– Serie C2/B

Media Prediction - 18th

Final Position - 2nd (Promoted through playoffs)

Started off with 3 draws, which were fairly common in a very short league. Before match day 33 I was 1st in the league but I lost my game while Sangiustese won their game pushing me to 2nd. Back-to-back wins against Melfi put me in the final against Cassino. The Final proved to be an uphill battle losing 2-1 away while going 1-0 down within two minutes of play at home, with Zedda and Signori scoring in regular time and Cianfruglia scored the winner after 111minutes of play.

Italian Serie C Cup

Started off pretty well winning all games but one, and managed to beat Serie C1 side Ternana winning mygroup However we were knocked out immediately in the first round against Pro Vercelli.

Transfers

Despite healthy finances, some €500k, 40k to spend and only 3k out of 8k of wages being spentI tried spending the least I could both on players and their wages. Therefore I went for loans and my parent club, Udinese, was a real goldmine.

Fans Player of The Year

Juan Manuel Arostegui

Bought for 20k from Aldosivi and managed to be worth every single penny.

All in all it was an extremely successful season, now it’s up to prepare for the next season in C1 in order to make sure we remain there at least.

Kick off in the CLub World Championship against Kaiser Chiefs. It's an opportunity for Kresic to make it 20 career medals..

Kick-off

2 mins - Captain Parvu smashes in the opening goal from the edge of the area. 1-0

28 mins - Boateng latches onto Kresic's lobbed pass and fires into the top corner. 2-0

32 mins - Chatzis crosses to the far post where Mosquera volleys home. 3-0

41 mins - Glimmer of hope for Kaiser Chiefs as they slot home a penalty. 3-1

Half-time - Romorantin sitting comfortably, and the second half should see them wrap up this tie.

85 mins - Ropponen ties it up heading in the 4th. 4-1

Full-time - A comfortable win for Romorantin with Mosquera scooping the man of the match award.

congrats PRDH

Thanks, it's always a bit of a foregone conclusion, but it's nice to win it just for completion's sake.

I've got one of everything, except a UEFA cup, I'm not too fussed about that one!

LOGOFORSMALLCLUBetc.jpg

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2033-34, Ligue 1

League Position - 20th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

In a season where I falsely believed that I had improved the squad, it seemed that somewhere along the line I had made a few crucial errors. Somehow the squad that had comfortably finished mid-table last season managed to find themselves bottom of the table at the end of this season. After eleven straight seasons FC Libourne Saint Seurin are going back down to Ligue 2. This update will not be in as much detail as usual because there's not a lot I can say aside from the poor performances in the majority of our games. I'll definitely still be in charge next season, which gives me the chance to bring FCLSS back up on first attempt.

The First XI

GK: Jonas Magnussen, 19, Norway - A promising looking Norwegian Goalkeeper that I signed on the cheap, he's already better than his Ukrainian colleague.

DR: Alberto Nocera, 27, Italy -

DL: Marlon Dahm, 23, Belgium -

DC: Ard Geets, 22, Holland - A defender brought in for a fairly cheap price, he's looking like he has the potential to be very good.

DC: Mario Mendiboure, 31, France -

MR: Jerome Hebert, 32, France - He's not as good as he used to be but he started the most games out of everyone who played at MR. He was the fans player of the year.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 29, Scotland - He wasn't happy at the prospect of playing in Ligue 2 so I sold him for 7M to Lyon, a very good deal in my eyes.

MC: Gonzalo Rizzi, 25, Argentina -

MC: Anthony Rouault, 22, France - After going out on loan to Espanyol last season Anthony has developed into a good midfielder worthy of a place in the first team.

ST: Patrick Laschet, 18, Belgium - Bright Belgian prospect. Hopefully he can score quite a few goals in Ligue 2 next season.

ST: Brice Gosset, 23, France - He doesn't score that many and still demands massive wages. I'm not resigning his contract.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Jerome Hebert

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Patrick Laschet

-

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None
2026/27  Ligue 1     6th       French Cup winners
2027/28  Ligue 1     12th      Champions Trophy winners
2028/29  Ligue 1     11th      None
2029/30  Ligue 1     17th      None
2030/31  Ligue 1     16th      None
2031/32  Ligue 1     10th      None
2032/33  Ligue 1     9th       None
2033/34  Ligue 1     20th      Relegated

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size][/b]

Ligue 2          (x2) - 2020/21 & 2022/23
French Cup       (x1) - 2026/27
Champions Trophy (x1) - 2027/28

[b][size=3][u]Unofficial Club Hall of Fame/Alumni:[/u][/size][/b]

Legends            - Joel Kouassi, Sergio Marbus 
Icons              - Paul Hart, Matthieu Causse, Jérôme Hebert, Razvan Ionica, Stephen Sharp 
Favoured Personnel - Alexandru Musca, Vivaldy Joaquim,

Bad luck Paul. That's a very odd season. I'm sure you'll be back soon enough though. Nothing worse than getting relegated though. I suppose one plus point is that at least they've not sacked you. Good luck for next season.

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2014/2015 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 18th

Actual Position:

Average Attendance: 17309

Season Ticket Holders: 3947

My main aim for this season was really just to build on the previous points total, and maybe overall make myself a bit harder to beat. Thankfully i was able to improve on the overall league position, finishing in 9th, just 7 points off a Europa League place! There was a bit of change at the club, witht the sale of Noah Gautheron, among others, freeing up some cash for me to actually try and improve on the squad. Overall i spent 14.5 million on 4 players, the majority of which was on the midfield, as with the aging Mozart struggling for fitness it was time to try and build on the team i already had with some fresh blood.

The main players for the season were...

GK

Marco Mura - average of 6.96 over the season, conceded far less goals than last year, and had 6 league clean sheets, compared to just 2 the previous season

Def

Marco Castellani - an average of 6.90 over 36 appearances, consistent 1st choice left back

Marek Suchy - average of 6.71 over the season, used more than previous year, but im yet to find my best central defensive partnership

Pedro Tur - used sparingly, on his way out i think

Milan Vilotic - failed to impress this season, too many mistakes etc. Has since been sold

Benjamin Weiner - was sent out on loan for the season, but will be back in contention for a starting place following reshuffle of defence

Holger Badstuber - signed for 2.5 million in January, played in place of Vilotic and did fairly well.

Jose Luis Prado - signed on a free in the 2013/2014 season, only really came to prominence after the sale of Gautheron, and made the rb position his own with some solid performances

Mesut Palaz - young rb brought in for 1.5 million, to provide cover for prado...solid enough when called upon

Mid

Ritchie Kitoko - one of 2 big signings, costing 5 million from Reggina. scored 7.08 from 27 matches, scoring a few screamers along the way

Ferhat Dag - another solid season, scoring 6.99 from his 24 apps.

Dusan Djuric - used mainly as a sub due to the arrival of Gonzalez

Mark Gonzalez - signed on a free, gelled pretty quickly and set up 13 goals in the season

Mozart - forgot to take a screenie with his stats, but played 18 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, averaging 6.74. his time to move on has come

Timo Gebhart - 11 assists from the right wing, together with Gonzalez was a constant threat

Nahuel Centurion - signed for 5.5 million from Dinamo Bucharest, formed a partnership with Kitoko in centre of park which hopefully they can build on this coming season

Att

Toto Tamuz - another solid season, nearly overtaking Piszczek as top scorer with 13 goals from 26 apps overall

Odion Ighalo - 8 goals from 23 apps overall, an average of 6.96, mainly used as a sub for tamuz

Lukasz Piszczek - top scorer yet again, now has 75 goals in 130 apps overall since he signed. however, his star is beginning to fade, with less goals and even being pipped to Fans Player of the Year by new boy Ritchie Kitoko

Top Scorer: Lukasz Piszczek - 16 goals

Most Assists: Mark Gonzalez - 13 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Ritchie Kitoko - 7.08

Fans Player of The Year: Ritchie Kitoko

Again, hopefully the board will give me some cash to spend, as moving forward i need to find a proven goalscorer to perhaps come in for the eventual phasing out of the one-time talisman Piszczek :( times change i guess. Hopefully a European place is also a realistic aim

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th

Some good solid progression there G-Wiz. Ready for a push for Europe next season, or more?

to be honest, i think at the moment a push for a european place is definitely a possibility, beyond that, there's just too much of a gap between us and the "big" teams in Germany. With the exception of that victory over Hamburg last season, i dont think ive actually won another game against the likes of Schalke, Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen or Wolfsburg! until the team can compete on an income level, with these clubs, a push for the league will def be beyond me :(

the board have only given me 5 million to strengthen with this season, even less than last year, so i really need to try and move a couple of players on during this transfer market if i want to try and bring in any new faces who can really make an impact...

on the plus side however i just signed Stefano Okaka on a free transfer...hopefully he can pick up a few goals for me :)

seeing nothing mentioned in the opening post. i have finished my second season with chieti, more on that in the next couple of days when i have some time, i applied for england's u21 manager spot and was offered the job. does this go against the game's sake? thx

Archived